95 Dodge V10 Valvoline 10W30 3,260 miles UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
1995 Dodge Ram 2500, 488ci V10, 158K miles, 3260 miles on Valvoline 10W30 All-Climate, Purolator filter. Mostly highway use and I get 15-17 mpg.

Aluminum 1
Chromium 0
Iron 3
Copper 1
Lead 1
Tin 0
Moly 2
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Boron 6
Silicon 10
Sodium 1
Calcium 1728
Magnesium 9
Phosphorus 626
Zinc 767
Barium 0

SUS Visc 57.8
cSt Visc 9.59
Flashpoint 385
Fuel% Antifreeze% 0.0
Water% 0.0
Insolubles% 0.3

I changed the air filter at this oil change. Well, what do you guys think? I've used Valvoline conventional for the last 21 years in my vehicles - I guess it works. Feedback welcomed!

Judgin by wear, flashpoint, visc., and insolubles I'd say you could easily do 5-6,000 miles. How long was the oil in use for (time wise).

Last edited:
I keep saying how great this oil is but the uninformed on this site just dont belive me. Pablo is correct, remember this is a 10 cylinder and the wear metals are extremely LOW. DodgeV try 6,000 miles next time.

Who did the analysis... Blackstone? Can you copy and paste their comments?

This is an excellent report. Perfect engine and oil combination.

Last edited:
I used Blackstone for the analysis. Basically, the technician said that it was a great engine with very low wear and beating the national averages by a mile. Viscosity was a touch low but not hurting anything. Suggested I go 5K for the next change. They were impressed and I am very pleased. After 158K, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any issues.

Thanks for the comments/feedback!

I'm a Valvoline doubter ... but it certainly seems to be working here.

The large sump and the highway miles are sure to have helped this UOA (compensated for the large displacement motor with lots of moving parts/wear surfaces).

I wouldn't change a thing ... except go closer to 5,000 miles before changing the oil and filter.

Excellent UOA!

Good normal oil doing its job @ 158k.

No need for HM oil here. Impressive MPG for a V10. The Fords sure don't get near that.

Quote:
Was this conventional Valvoline?
Buster, A/C is their oil name for their conventional (the cheapest stuff they sell) oil.

It is now called premium conventional.

Here is the Link --> Conventional Valvoline

Thanks for posting!

Bill

I agree with the above. Very good UOA for dino oil. Valvoline makes a very good oil. I use to use the Valvoline Racing 20w-50 about 10 yrs ago when I was building drag cars. Good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back