tranny fluid in gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
Oh yea, what excately is "ash".

Someone will give you a better definition, but it's what's leftover when it burns (just like anything). It's why you can't use a multivisc in 2 stroke diesels ..and why you 2 stroke oil is low ash/no ash.

I never saw anything either. It's always burned cleanly from any and all indications that I've ever seen. It cleaned exhaust manifolds inside down to the metal if used enough ...but that's what Molakule and some others have cautioned about. Since I doubt that any of them have ever done it...I imagine that it's "common sense" on their advanced level of understanding. ATF isn't what it used to be "back in the day"...not that it probably made much difference with the typical carbon accumulations that common in 60's engines by the time the 70's rolled around.

There are lots of things we do that lots of bona fide experts recommend against doing.
21.gif

Thx Gary. I heard a lot about this "ash" recently but have never seen it inside an engine before. Just trying to be like the mad scientist and experiment a little. Who knows, maybe next time I will mix some mineral spirits in with the ATF and make my own special blend of MMO, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back