Schaeffer 9000 5W40: UAO Report - 6.0L F250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my UAO from Blackstone after 5088 miles on the oil (almost 20,000 miles on engine). The SUS viscosity was 72.1 or 13.51 cSt!! Really GREAT report.

Aluminum 3
Chromium 1
Iron 23
Copper 3
Lead 2
Tin 1
Molybdenum 195
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 2
Boron 6
Silicon 13
Sodium 6
Calcuim 3141
Magnesium 7
Phosphorous 1155
Zinc 1390
Barium 0
Vanadium
SUS vis at 210 F 72.1
cSt at 100 C 13.51
Flashpoint 415
Fuel Antifreeze 0
Water 0
Insolubles 0.2

Outstanding! You could double that mileage interval. I wouldn't change a thing. Your truck is loving this oil. How long does it take you to put 5000 miles on your truck?

snoboy

I average 20,000 miles a year, so about 3 months for the 5,000. One thing about this oil change, I had two trips (200 miles each) towing about 7,000 lbs. So, this oil really didn't see hard conditions very much. I am anxious to see how the oil would hold up under mostly towing conditions.

bismic, if you ever decide to put a bypass oil filter on your truck let me know. I have a replacement oil filter cap that will allow you to source your pressure.

The oil sure looks like a winner - that is great for 20k. I may go the S9000 CJ4 in my VW. The other oil that may be a great oil and not many are aware yet is Amsoil DEO. It may even be better than S9000 when it comes to heat and NOACK. But Amsoil will not back DEO's use in a VW PD were Schaeffers will back the use of its S9000 claiming 505.01 spec.

Originally Posted By: wjdell
The oil sure looks like a winner - that is great for 20k. The other oil that may be a great oil and not many are aware yet is Amsoil DEO. It may even be better than S9000 when it comes to heat and NOACK.

the sample only had 5K on it. any proof the amsoils works good in this engine?

I can not post someone else's UOA - Schaeffers NOACK is 12 - Amsoil is 8.

there is 20k on this engine - that is what is important..

Originally Posted By: bismic1
Pardon my ignorance, but what is NOACK?

A test for measuring volatility of oil, i.e., how much the oil vaporizes and thickens at high temperatures.

if my 6.0 ever starts to noack ill make sure and run amsoils in it.

43.gif

Noack numbers can be deceiving due to the varied starting points and test limits. Give me the Schaeffers moly/penetro package all day long.

From what I've seen so far I'm thinking this Schaeffer's 9000 5W-40 is going to become one of those oils that will put out great results no matter what it's run in, gas or diesel.

I would be extremely pleased with these results.

There is a 2004 TDI PD 1.9 that just started using it. We are sure this is a sound motor its previous UOA was very good at 70k. The cam and lifters were inspected and there were no signs of trouble. The user wishes to remain anon so I will post the results for him. This is the S9000 CJ4 505.01 and I am hoping for improvement from the first crankcase. I suppose its possible the first will not be the greatest as it displaces the Pentosynth TS. I have convinced the user to go 3 OCI's before a final determination.

Originally Posted By: REDDOG
From what I've seen so far I'm thinking this Schaeffer's 9000 5W-40 is going to become one of those oils that will put out great results no matter what it's run in, gas or diesel.

I would be extremely pleased with these results.

I agree. That is why I am running it in all three of the vehicles in my sig. No UOAs yet, but I am not anxious in the least!

Tim

Originally Posted By: wjdell
The oil sure looks like a winner - that is great for 20k. I may go the S9000 CJ4 in my VW. The other oil that may be a great oil and not many are aware yet is Amsoil DEO. It may even be better than S9000 when it comes to heat and NOACK. But Amsoil will not back DEO's use in a VW PD were Schaeffers will back the use of its S9000 claiming 505.01 spec.

No but their AFL claims 505.01 spec.

For some reason I just can't see the Amsoil DEO producing as good results as the 9000 in a Ford 6.0 Powerstroke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back