Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned TMA recently. I Bought a bunch on Mon. & Tue. Average price 8.75 . Was going to sell it today but decided to wait another day.

Someone on CNBC said there is heavy short covering in financial.
20.gif
12.gif

Quote:
PF 12:16 pm

At an investment conference yesterday, Thornburg Mortgage (NYSE: TMA) COO Larry Goldstone told analysts that the company hopes to reinstate its dividend in December.

The company’s liquidity position has greatly improved since the August-September time frame according to Goldstone, and is currently sitting on about $725 million worth of assets it could sell immediately for cash if needed. Overall, Mr. Goldstone struck a very positive note, which seems to have reassured investors, leading to a pop in share prices.

Continue buying Thornburg as a Nibbler below 18.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
You mentioned TMA recently. I Bought a bunch on Mon. & Tue. Average price 8.75 . Was going to sell it today but decided to wait another day.

Someone on CNBC said there is heavy short covering in financial.
20.gif
12.gif

"At an investment conference yesterday, Thornburg Mortgage (NYSE: TMA) COO Larry Goldstone told analysts that the company hopes to reinstate its dividend in December.

The company’s liquidity position has greatly improved since the August-September time frame according to Goldstone, and is currently sitting on about $725 million worth of assets it could sell immediately for cash if needed. Overall, Mr. Goldstone struck a very positive note, which seems to have reassured investors, leading to a pop in share prices"

It could be a great long term hold that would have an effective dividend yield of more than 20%. Why sell?

I'm a buyer of more that those prices, only thing is there are other things I want as well, and I want more diversification.

I've been trading TMA ever since it crashed this summer. On the initial dive and bounce, I made a big kill, then I day traded it for some time. Made a lot of money on it. I couldn't find any thing on when the dividend will be resumed. They did pay on the preferred, but the common could go a long time in the present environment before they resume dividends. If it goes over $10 I'm going to sell some.
12.gif

CNBCs' Erin Burnett had a good interview with TMA COO Larry Goldstone at about 9:28 AM this morning. It should show up as a video on CNBC.com sooner or later.
cool.gif
20.gif
12.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Missed it. Oh well.

I looked for a video, but couldn't find anything. E-B had another report on TMA in her afternoon show. She reported that the dividend would be discussed at the TMA board meeting on the 16th. So, who knows? I didn't sell any TMA today.

On another note, I'm back in the green again for the first time this month.
12.gif

Gonna be a good day, I can feel it.. TMA up nicely in pre-market...
12.gif

Considering the $3K in interest and dividends so far, it's a very good day. I could almost live on this.....

Gonna be a good day, I can feel it.. TMA up nicely in pre-market...
12.gif

Considering the $3K in interest and dividends so far, it's a very good day. I could almost live on this.....

Very nice!
thumbsup2.gif
12.gif

I'm holding my TMA for awhile.

This week made back $12K of my "missing" $18K
grin2.gif

Ya, know the feeling. I "found" $8K of my "missing" $15K. It's not always easy being in the green, but it sure feels good.
wink.gif

I've still got 2K shares of TMA, and they are nicely in the green. Think I'll wait until the 16th. to see what they do about the div.
36.gif

This subprime stuff is turning into lame excuse....

Exactly. Just seems like the "Experts" that are interviewed have really no clue and need to come up with some excuse of the day/month/year. The only 2 things that have driven the market for the last 10 years or so are greed and fear..lately it just seems soo unpredictable.
frown.gif

It is weird. I was up on Monday. Down yesterday and of course up fairly huge today, although some of my defensive plays took a hit. (FXA!!! - thank goodness it's only 100 shares and it pays OK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back