1998 Chevy prizm, which oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camu Mahubah,

Thanks for the info, you've been very helpful, I haven't gotten the new door latch yet but I'll let you know how it goes. My old latch isn't broken yet, but when you shut the door you can hear it raddle a bit, that's why I went ahead and ordered a new one.

I'll let you know how it goes- buick92

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The older ones are at least. The newer ones I don't think are.

My stepdaughter has a '95 Prizm she bought last year. I was adding about 1 quart every 1k miles (The car has 170K miles on it.). I read several threads on BITOG regarding their tendency to consume oil and that seemed to be about the same ratio others were dealing with. A couple of months ago I changed the oil and threw in some Max Life 5w-30 full synthetic and after about 800 miles, the consumption appears to be nil thus far. Not sure if it's the oil or the new PCV valve that did the trick, but so far so good.

I have thought about running maxlife in my corolla even though I only have 5051 miles on mine and just running that for the long haul but just too many oils out there I want to try.... :???:

The older formulation of Maxlife didn't help the oil consumption in my 94 Corolla, but the newly labeled synthetic blend formula in 10w-30 has cut it to practically nothing. After a thousand miles it's just a hair below full, where as before I'd be about 3/4 of a quart down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back