Hunting Bullets - Favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the varmint bullets are the orange tipped ones.

I've only shot a couple of boxes of the 50g in my bolt action .223. They shot as well as the V-Max bullets in that gun, an older Sako.

I always buy the Hornadys though. They're cheaper and shoot so well I've stopped looking at any others. They're better than supposed "match" bullets in that same rifle.

I like this hunting round. I have never had a deer walk, or run, away.

8250_450_Marlin_FP_IL.jpg

rugerman.gif

That there be the .450 Marlin round. Potent medicine in a convenient level action package...

AFAIK, Arthur Alphin, was under investigation for so called bad practices and involvement in illegal activity, all of which turned out to be false. But we all know that once smeared in the limelight, you never really recover. Heck of a shame, as his ammo was my choice for everything, even over some of the new bullets around these days.

I haven't called them lately, but maybe I should to see if they are fully up and running again.

There are a lot of writers in the gun magazines and I think that some of that may well be marketing.

We've used just about everything over the years and found that the Hornady interlock bullets just work.

We've taken eight Elk with that 140 grain Hornady flat base bullet in 7mm.... A couple with a 7mm-08 and the rest with a 280 Ackley Improved. Add eighteen white tailed deer, - same bullet. Four more deer, same bullet in a 20" barreled 7mm-08.
Three Elk with 165 Interlock in .308 and two with a 30-06, same bullet. Many, many, white tailed deer with 150 grain Interlock in .308 and 30-06. Oh, one cow Elk with 6.5x55 and 140 grain Interlock.

Just my experiences.

Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back