Gas line Antifreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gasoline doesn't freeze.
It's the water that might be in the gasoline that freezes and plugs fuel lines, carbs(if you have one), injectors, and fuel pickups. With circulating fuel systems(fuel injection) gas line freeze has not been a huge problem like it used to be back in the carberator days.
However, some geniuses at GM have a one-way fuel injection system that is showing up on many of GMs models. Back to gas line freeze again.
My 2¢

If you live in an area the requires ethanol in the fuel, you dont need to add any drygas. Also, some additives like Fuel Power and Redline SI-1 also scavenge water from the system.

Honestly though, I would not worry too much about fuel line freeze up.

I doubt it would affect oil much at all. But as a sidestory I noticed that about a week after running Redline SI-1 that my oil suddenly becomes very dark. This past time the oil initially had 1500 on it and I put the Redline in on Thursday. By the following Tues(80 miles later) the oil was very dark. I dont know if maybe there was alot of carbon in the cylinders and it got cleaned out into the oil or what. Never had that reaction with the Fuel power additives.

Right. It is water in the fuel that will freeze.
Most USA gas has alcohol inn it, and this completely negates the need for additional alcohol additives for freezing.

BTW, a returnless fuel injection system does not increase freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back