How to measure FP60 without dissolving the plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall an earlier post where someone used a plastic container to store FP60 and it softened to the point of being like taffy.

I should have bought the measuring bottle on the Lube Control website, but I finished my order before realizing it. What other suitable measuring cups (that measures ounces) can I use without fear of being dissolved by FP60? Any old supermarket measuring cup?

I just pulled this off the FP60 website, a document written by Molekule:

"Store LC20 in Type "2" HDPE, PolyMethylPentene (P.M.P.), or polypropylene containers. Storage in any other type of container may cause leakage and loss of product."

From what I've determined, FP has the same solvents as LC, just in smaller concentrations. Can someone translate this statement into layman's terms?

I purchase 2 oz hdpe-2 bottles and prefil them with FP60 Carry a couple in the car at all times. I think I bought 50 last spring.

specialtybottle dot com

Bottles are cheap, but they get you on the shipping

In most cases, if you look on the bottom of the bottle, it will tell you what it is made of. Look for the letters "HDPE" and the number "2".
crackmeup2.gif

The small Lucas UCL bottle are great for this. Most of the dry gas bottles are also type 2 and have a tapered neck for easy use.

The LUCL bottles are better since they are only 5.25oz. Why carry around a larger dry gas bottle(12oz) when you may only be putting in 1-3oz? LUCL bottles are very tight and break resistant to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back