Auto accident today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving a company Crown Vic I was hit by an illegal today. I was hit in the back at a stop light by an Accord so hard that I hit the car in front of me and the air bags went off. I can give you one piece of advise about air bags. Don't have anything in your mouth that you don't want to eat when you plan on having an accident. At the stop light I was stuffing down a glazed donut and I'm still picking it out of my hair, nose and ears. My glasses have titanium frames without hinges and they just needed cleaning. At first I did not thing the air bag went off but after taking my first breath I figured it out. My poor passenger had a big box of donuts in her lap and looked like an explosion in a bakery. When the Paramedics arrived they though she was hurt really bad until they figured out what the mess was. There were seven people in the Accord and they all ran off. The Crown Vic was totaled, the Accord was completely destroyed and and the car in front of me had the trunk smashed. I'm surprised that the Mexicans could get out and run like they did. The car had Baja plates as did the car in front of me. I was the only insured party so it looks like financially it's my fault. The driver of the car in front did not have insurance or a license and could not show any registration. He did want me to speak on his cell phone to talk to his lawyer but I would not take the call. He was running around and kept trying to hand me his cell phone but when the Paramedic's arrived he had to lay down because he said his back hurt and they took him away. I took my passenger to the emergency room to get her checked out and get her eyes flushed out and mine to. The Firemen and the Paramedics all gave me cards and said to call if I needed a witness. My insurance agent said not to worry but I'm worried anyhow. I know I'm going to be sued and my insurance policy reads that they can choose to settle it by paying off the other party without consulting me, giving me a hit on my record instead of taking it to court. It's been a very long day and think I've found a way to stop eating donuts.

If you have no proof of insurance here, they arrest you, impound your car, and take your license plates. Since you obviously are not at fault, you shouldn't be ticketed. And if you aren't ticketed they can't sue, at least not here.

At least you were in a safe full sized car. Best of luck.

I don't guess you'll be voting for a presidential candidate that wants to give illegals drivers licenses.

Last edited:
Clear one thing up for me...why would YOU be sued? I realize that because some a**hole slammed you and ran, you and the guy ahead of you are screwed, but why would you be screwed harder than anyone?

I have to wonder why things need to reach a critical point before we just lock down the borders. By all means, let them in and let them bring their uninsured beaters with them. Great minds at work in Washington. I'm really sorry about your car..and your donuts.

disgusting.

It really is. And so for anyone to say that these people have any good reason to be here, is beyond me. They dont. They dont care, and, unlike my grandparents, who were war refugees, also with nothing to their name (but at least eductated), who actually had to learn the language, play by the rules, etc., these folks just walk in and think they are entitled to ownership of the place, as if everything is free.

Because of the background of my grandparents (who were sponsored and did things the right way), I have zero tolerance for these illegals, and find no good reason to even consider basis for accepting them.

JMH

Originally Posted By: CBDFrontier06
Clear one thing up for me...why would YOU be sued? I realize that because some a**hole slammed you and ran, you and the guy ahead of you are screwed, but why would you be screwed harder than anyone?

Right, I think it was claimed that both the vehicle in front and behind were Baja plates, and neither were insured or anything. THe guy in front is playing the injury card though, SOP when you let the lawyer's monopoly into the game. The question becomes if it is OK for an illegal to utilize our court system for damages caused by another illegal via a citizen.

JMH

They're allowed here because nobody in Washington has been f*cked in a traffic accident involving an uninsured illegal. Nobody in Washington has ever lived below a family of them in an apartment. They've not lived in a formerly nice area of town that's been transformed into a barrio.

The lawmakers that want the borders open should be forced to live in an apartment in L.A. for a minimum of 6 months. Or better yet, a Texas border town. If they have to live for a while in Joe Blow's shoes, their bleeding hearts might just stop bleeding and we could take our streets back. This situation is going to be the new car insurance crisis. People who've never caused an accident or received a speeding ticket in their lives are paying outrageous premiums due to the need for uninsured motorist coverage. And what becomes of the illegals? They go buy another $500 piece of sh*t and their lives go on.

He would be sued b/c he has the money (insurance) and the driver that was in front can. Will he win? I don't know. It's very possible/likely. It is sorta like the drunk driving wrecks where the only ones ok are the drunks. Except this is worse - it is p.c. to pander to the illegals.

Is there anyway you can document that the person in front was running around....i.e. surely didn't have a back problem right after the accident, then WHAM-O, he does NOW? That would be the coaching of the lawyer. Especially if you work for a large company. Lawyers..........

Quote:
Illegals....Baja plates....driver of the car in front did not have insurance or a license...

Oh they can try to sue you. But even in Cali it won't get far.

Trust me - I had the same thing happen to me years ago, in a drug store delivery car! ILLEGALS! I'm sick of it. Yes, it disgusts me. The worst thing is that they come here and they whine....go back and fix their messed up shathole of a country.....I'm sorry but this makes me angry.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

My gf got nailed by an illegal driving around after dark with his headlights off, he didn't even slow down, she called the cops, they showed up but did nothing, now she gets a letter from the DMV saying they're blaming her for the accident and taking a point off her license.

Originally Posted By: CBDFrontier06
They're allowed here because nobody in Washington has been f*cked in a traffic accident involving an uninsured illegal. Nobody in Washington has ever lived below a family of them in an apartment. They've not lived in a formerly nice area of town that's been transformed into a barrio.

I guess that I am becoming more pragmatic about things. The vast majority of us keep reelecting the same self serving weasels. "We the People" have the ability to bring on term limits with our vote..and we refuse to do so.

Unfortunately there will come a not-so-distant time in this country where this society will fail due to monetary policy. Its a no brainier.

Things will change one way or another.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
disgusting.

It really is. And so for anyone to say that these people have any good reason to be here, is beyond me. They dont. They dont care, and, unlike my grandparents, who were war refugees, also with nothing to their name (but at least eductated), who actually had to learn the language, play by the rules, etc., these folks just walk in and think they are entitled to ownership of the place, as if everything is free.

Because of the background of my grandparents (who were sponsored and did things the right way), I have zero tolerance for these illegals, and find no good reason to even consider basis for accepting them.

JMH

That is a nicely summarized explanation of the difference between todays immigration into the US and immigration of the last centuries. I can't STAND when people try and equate the two.

This craap is the reality of 21st century USA; I'll continue to cast my vote soley on this issue but I don't think it's gonna change.

Bottom line, carry uninsured motorist property/medical and collision on your policies! And at least have a high deductible major medical policy if you don't have any other medical insurance. It's amazing how many people drive with no NOTHING (insurance, registration, license).

When there are no real penalties for not doing so, I think the choice is easy for those with no scruples. Why pay for liability insurance when I can just run away from the scene of the crash and buy another beater with the cash I earned tax free?

I talked to my lawyer this morning. I gave him all the business cards from the Firemen and the Paramedics along with names and phone numbers from 11 other witnesses. The other driver, the one that did not run has a lawyer that has already contacted me and been passed to my lawyer. He is already talking cash settlement. The car was impounded and he was arrested and released. It appears that while his case is active he gets aid and medical care. I hired an Internet search company and in one stroke I can tell you that in three years this person has been in five accidents. I hired my own lawyer and am doing some of my own research because as I understand that the insurance company could just settle the case in their interest and I would have a chargeable accident on my record. I'm going after this guy. Friends have started a fund for expenses and are doing research of their own. A friend has a son in middle school that lives on computers. The son and a dozen or so of his friends in their own computer club have been given a budget of a thousand dollars for expenses to go after him on the internet and develop evidence about this kind of crime. Some computer science majors at UCSD have also joined in. I don't know where all this is going to lead but this illegal tried to scam to wrong person. As I understand my position if a bad one because I have the insurance and the party that caused the accident is not available and the car was not currently registered and the Mexican government is not cooperating. We are just going to have to work it out.

Where is it written that we can't pitch this idiot out of the country?

BTW - I forgot to mention that I was also rear ended in my 510 by an illegal beaner female, looking down at her baby in 1978. No license, no insurance, no papers. No money.

I can't believe how out of touch the elected leaders of this country are on this issue.

Our most recent governor, now an up and coming presidential candidate, wanted to give college scholarships to illegals. If you want a tough on illegal immigration candidate, he ain't your guy. The wife of our governor before that is just as bad.

All of the states surrounding us, most recently Oklahoma, have enacted really tough state policies on illegals that are running them out. We haven't and Big Chicken will probably continue to make AR an oasis for illegals.

Amen to all these wonderful comments. I was proud when the Governor from Oklahoma signed the bill. Of course, news coverage of it showed all the illegals arguing with "others" outside the state capitol last week. It as kind of funny but kind of phissed you off at the same time. I remember one lady in the background said "we're illegal, what are you going to do about it????" She acted like it was her right to be there in that capacity. That just made me sick and think that not only are they here illegally, but now they are dissing us and obviously NOT SCARED of the whole judicial circuit. Are we becoming a nation of wimps??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back