Got new tires on my Jeep yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I had a set of Firestone Destinatin LE's installed on my 2001 Jeep GC. I didn't go back to the tire shop that warped the rotors on my Honda but found a different shop with decent prices that hand torques wheels. The Jeep rides much better with it's new shoes.

This area of Arkasas still has several gravel surface secondary (county maintained) roads. Much use on this type road will eat Destination tires before your eyes. When used as intended on hard surface highways they seem to give excellent mileage with decent wet weather, or frozen surface traction.

Bob

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
This area of Arkasas still has several gravel surface secondary (county maintained) roads. Much use on this type road will eat Destination tires before your eyes. When used as intended on hard surface highways they seem to give excellent mileage with decent wet weather, or frozen surface traction.

Bob

Bob,

Hopefully, I don't have to point out that many Destination LE's are OE tires - especially GM tires.

This means that the OE tires are probably prone to gravel roads, but the replacement market tires won't be.

I've been running Firestone Destination LE's on my Ford Escape for a few yrs now - great tire at a great price. I definitely recommend 'em. They are a favorite on the Escape forum favorite.

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
Hopefully, I don't have to point out that many Destination LE's are OE tires - especially GM tires.

What GM products use Destination LE's as OE tires?

I think you're confusing Destination LE's for Wilderness LE's.

There's only one vehicle that I can think of that comes factory with Destination LE's, and it is NOT a GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back