My computer speakers pickup cb radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call the FCC and have them check the guy out.
He's probably over powered and over modulated. Over modulation causes the kind of problem you have.
coffee2.gif

Hey, where is the greamlin eating popcorn ??....

many of the cheap pc speakers are junk.
you can try wrapping the line cord and input cable through ferrite cores.if that doesnt work toss em.
i have a neighbor with a junky pc speaker set i get into on 75m on only 5w.
i tried the ferrites and no help.
her other speakers from cambridge are not affected.
took the ft-817 and outbacker over there and tested at point blank range.went home and tested at full legal(1500w)
the cambridge were dead silent.
the kinyo cheapies had deafening interference.
told her to toss the junk or let them entertain the kids.
hey mom donald duck is in the computer again!

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
Quote:
Try some foil around your speakers, they probably have ZERO sheilding (to keep the price down) to protect them from interference.
If your neighbour was running an illegal setup causing interference, you would be hearing it in other radio/video equipment. If you don't hear it in headphones, its just poor speaker amp design.

Alex.

My other neighbor hears it in his telephone, So who know whats going on over there.

both are defects/problems in the speakers or phones.
now if the cber is killing tv ch2 or something like that he may be generating spurius/harmonics.common with cheap and nasty solid state broadband linears commonly sold to cbers.even worse when a "golden screwdriver"tech has been in the radio.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
A well placed nail through the coax antenna lead on the offending CB should do the trick.
thumbsup2.gif

Too obvious. The correct procedure for shorting CB'ers coax is to use a straight pin. Insert the pin until it shorts from the shield to the center conductor, cut the pin, and push it a smidge further until it disappears under the jacket.

For small coax, or a non stranded center conductor style cable, repeat as necessary to make good and certain it's shorted.

Repeat as needed.

Another popular technique is to cut the coax, and fashion the free end into a noose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back