XPD Diesel Fuel Improver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through a Qt of the Summer Blend. 8oz per 30gal fill up.
Just from the feel of the seat of my pants, it seemed the 7.3L ran a bit smoother and quieter. Didn't really care to much about MPG improvement. Nor was there any real way for me to see if the summer blend was cleaning the fuel system and injectors. But it did seem to make a bit of difference.

Now i've using this product for a month now and this is the only product that I have used over the last yr, that I can honestly say--> Has quieted this motor, and seems just to purr at idle. I have no access to B5 or B20 here in Oklahoma, so this product is the closest to biodiesel that i can get. But It has made a believer out of me. An Spicers Test proves that the soy products do what they advertise. Still don't know about the Cleaning properties, but from what I have read. Biodiesel does a good job of cleaning the fuel system and keeping it clean. And priced by the gallon it's cheaper then any other product, that i can order by the gallon over the net. I am using 6oz. per 30 gallons.

http://www.soyclean.biz/shopping/productsdetail.asp?cat=DFA

Yes: It's actually says SoyPower on the gal jug.
I still will order the Opti-Lube, and use it along with the Soyclean. I live in the heartland of the States and I have alot of relatives and friends who grow soybeans, for a living. So I am going too use both.

I will mainly use the Soyclean, since it will support the families around me. Don't get me wrong! I feel Opti-Lube has an outstanding product here. I will continue to use it.
I will probably switch back and forth ea month. I all ready have converted alot of diesel owners within my area to switch to the Soyclean, instead of the in store brand additives. I have heard nothing but praise about this product. Everyone has their preference. So everyone will have an opinion. This is just mine. Opti-Lube and Soyclean both have preformed well within my 7.3L Ya can't go wrong with either one. Again-->This is JMHO.

Spec: Then again! I didn't use the new XPD. It wasn't out yet when I ordered. I recieved the Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Improver {Summer Blend}. From what I gather the XPD is the best additive Opti-Lube offers. So you might be amazed at the results? Then again, you might not.

I have ran through my fuel system alot of diesel additives.
and these 2 are the only 2 that i can honestly say---> I could hear a quieter smoother running 7.3L.

Keep us posted on your results. I'm very interested.

Okay, I tried the XPD, Don't like it. Injecters are noisey.

I will stick to Soyshield from Schaffers.

I took a gander at the MSDS for XPD, and it seems that the product is primarily constituted of VOC's. There was nothing there to lead one to suspect why it did so well on Spicer's lubricity test.
The only conclusion that I can surmise is that there is a small amount of additional multi-functional additive with AW properties that does not need to be reported in the MSDS.
I would be careful when handling this stuff, as it is reported to be loaded with a variety of highly toxic compounds, benzenes and other aromatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back