Amsoil Engine Flush? Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any obvious particles or anything coming out of the engine?

If not.. how can you really tell if its doing a "great" job?

byez,

My recommendation - put 12oz Neutra 131 (from Schaeffers) in for 300 to 500 miles (have XXw40 wt in the crankase). Follow immediately with a 20 min. Amsoil flush. I did this and immediately dropped my oil consumption in half (I apparently had gummed oil rings). That's it.

When I did this previously I chged out the oil before the Amsoil flush, but I don't think that's necessary. Just start w/ a heavy wt oil - Run the Neutra, run the Amsoil Flush, drain. The Neutra will do much of the cleaning and soften things up for the Amsoil flush to do the final purging.

mjfx, my "proof of concept" is in the significant drop in oil consumption. However I can't tell you if it was the Neutra or the Amsoil or the combination that carried the day.

BTW, Neutra was recommended to me by a Toyota Master tech that owns his own repair service - he's a believer in Neutra. He also uses it as a gas tmt and has seen the results first hand with a boroscope.

BTW2, after the Neutra run, I put in Wally ST just to do the Amsoil flush. New oil & new filter - yet 25 minutes later the oil came out pitch black. Amsoil didn't just whistle dixie while it was in there.

(thinking a bit more about it - if I was following Neutra w/ Amsoil on the same oil - I'd have a couple of qts of 20w50 in there with the 10w40).

Can Amsoil PI be used in turbo engines? Gunk engine flush says no so that's why I ask. It would just be idling so no turbo pressure so I don't think it would be a problem but maybe I'm missing something.

Originally Posted By: JAG
Can Amsoil PI be used in turbo engines? Gunk engine flush says no so that's why I ask. It would just be idling so no turbo pressure so I don't think it would be a problem but maybe I'm missing something.

Amsoil PI is a fuel additive and you can use it in turbo engines.

Originally Posted By: JAG

You can use Amsoil Engine Flush in turbo engines, no problem. PI too!!
wink.gif

The Gunk stuff, is that the quart can? I wonder why the no-no with turbos?

Oops, I did not mean PI, I meant engine flush but Pablo figured it out. The Gunk stuff was in a light gray plastic bottle, perhaps a quart container. Gunk has to be covering their butts in case some redneck with a turbo on his Buick Grand National has a few too many Coors Lights before pouring in the Gunk and doing doughnuts for his buddies which somehow destroys his turbo. Yeah I have no clue why they say no other than it thinning the oil a lot and maybe someone would put a large load on the engine and turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back