Hose rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oz has seen ever increasing water restrictions as the drought has progressed (nobody's built a new dam in 30 years, so the catchment wasn't there when it WAS raining).

T.V. advertisements have been encouraging "dobbing in" neighbours who unwisely use water, encouraging a sort of community hostility towards those who take away what would otherwise be the community's.

It's been widely reported that people have come to blows over use of the garden hose.

Culminated last night in a 55 year old guy being beaten/kicked to death.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/man-dead-after-lawn-watering-row/2007/10/31/1193618975569.html

If he's like a few 66 year olds that I've witnessed, I'd say that he probably told the guy to go bauf himself. The near death experience doesn't mellow some of our aged.

Not that the 36 year old guy had cause to stomp him ..but the hosing surely wasn't called for either. If he wasn't 66 with a heart condition ..and the other guy had kept his cool, the old coot would have been arrested.

Too late for that now
dunno.gif

I'll try and remember that you've got to be able to cash the checks that your miserable personality writes when sticking up for your perceived rights when I reach that level of oldness.

Have they considered raising the water rates during the dry season? Earn a bit of extra money to pay for those dams that need to be built.

It seems ridiculous that the younger man would become so enraged, especially considering that the watering was legal. He must be mentally unstable to begin with.

I agree with oilyriser; they should raise water rates.

Water rates were an interesting exercise.

Firstly we paid $250 p.a. to be connected (or be within 200m of the main). Then they brought in Pay as you go useage rates (we spend about another $180 on that).

When they intorduced restriction, consumption dropped, and the rates went up to maintain revenue.

Now people have the attitude "If I can pay for it, I can use what I want."

Feds have got an extra $40B that they are bribing us with in electioneering, I think they could build a dam or two with that...and dry times is when you need to build them.

Quote:

Deserved to die. Watering his garden, whatever next

laugh.gif
No, he surely didn't deserve it...but I can't imagine someone just walking up to anyone and just kicking the tar out of them either.

The 36 year old is in a totally indefensible position due to this man's death. If he hadn't hit him ..even though he was in error (allegedly due to the alleged time that this occurred) ..would probably have filed a complaint on the guy.

It's a shame that this happened. Now two people's lives are ruined.

Manslaughter - 1-5 years. The old man seems to have provoked the fight. But he is not alive to testify.

Quote:

Manslaughter - 1-5 years. The old man seems to have provoked the fight. But he is not alive to testify.

The old man may have provoked the fight, but the cause of the incident was the unjustified interference of the younger guy. Escalation is not uncommon. I would have also hosed that clay-brained nut-hook.

Holy crikey, you are a violent lot and no illegals to blame it on.

Quote:

.........one point Mr Proctor turned the hose on the other man, wetting him.......

Obviously I would have wetted him myself.

The killer had some Nazi water enforcement problem. Now he has a murder problem. Jail would be too good for him.

Yep, they charged him with murder today, no bail.

I can't work out how our legal system works.

A guy I knew was attacked nearly a year ago, suffered a heart attack due to an enlarged heart, and the perps didn't get charged due to Matt's medical condition.

New this week, a young guy was angry at the pub, walked out, and punched the first guy he saw, who fell and hit his head. Went to trial and deemed not guilty.

Guy angry with his (pregnant) partner punches here repeatedly in the stomach, trying to cause a miscarriage (fails). Court throws it out.

Guy runs a red light, crashed into by a pregnant woman who miscarries, and he goes to jail (should say gaol) for manslaughter.

Doctor does....hrrrmmm won't go there.

Pablo, as to illegals, we've got a very long, not very well patrolled border. Also visa follow up is pretty attrocious. There's plenty of illegals...just not this case.

If I had a water fink living next door, I'd make recordings of running water, and play them quietly outside at random times throughout the night.

Quote:

If I had a water fink living next door, I'd make recordings of running water, and play them quietly outside at random times throughout the night.

Excellent "Spy vs. Spy" technique
thumbsup.gif

I define murder as the unlawful killing of one human by another, therefore he is a murderer (according to the story). There are other definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back