RE Speed Fujita racing oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Does anybody here know anything about ReSpeed Fujita racing oil? People were discussing it on the rx7 forum. I added the forum link to show you what the oil looks like. RX7 forum

Note the label: "Non Polymer" = no VI imporvers.
thumbsup.gif

http://www.fujita-eng.com/other/index.html
There isn't much info on FEED's site. At $20-30/qt (plus shipping...) it's really expensive stuff.
I wonder if the 10W40 (RX-8) oil is GrpIII. GrpIV/V doesn't burn as cleanly, right?

ps. Anyone remember the old tin cans of Mazdaspeed oil? That was repackaged Neo oil.

If I;m not mistaken, mazda reccomends against synthetic oil in the RX-8

I know. They've always rec'd against synthetic oils in a rotary. Legend has it this goes back to an early 80's test that showed one brand of synthetic caused excessive ash rebuild-up that would eat up the apex and side seals. So instead of pointing fingers they said no to synthetics all together.

Present day...
Mazda is controlled by Ford and most Mazda dealers are now using Motorcraft oil, right? M/C 5W20, 5W30, and 10W30 are synthetic blends (GrpIII synthetic). GrpIII burns cleaner than mineral oil so it's fine.

Neo oil is GrpV (ester), right? I thought when esters burn they leave ash deposits and more ZDDP (and moly?) additives lead to more ash deposits. Is that right?
What about Royal Purple? It's GrpIV w/ a splash or GrpV? How would that burn?

Reading the can though, it says that it is half-synthetic, so this oil must be at least a Group III/IV or III/V blend, or maybe a combination of all three. So I really don't know how much of the synthetic component would come into play with the apex seals on a rotary.

97prizm, where can one purchase this stuff? I was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back