New? Shell V-Power Concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
071028_12_AP_img_1631637433.jpg

Found this BOGOF @ AAP. $6.98 for 20 gallon treatment. Anyone have any inside info about this?? I like the idea!

$6.48 at my local Wal Mart w/ a $5.00 rebate. I bought a bottle Saturday.

I'm wondering if this is just re-bottle Regane? For $1.48 after Rebate, I figured it's worth a try.

Quote:

$6.48 at my local Wal Mart w/ a $5.00 rebate. I bought a bottle Saturday.

I'm wondering if this is just re-bottle Regane? For $1.48 after Rebate, I figured it's worth a try.

Would you kindly let the rest of us know where to get this $5 rebate form? I think that some of us would like to try it too, but not for ~$7.

The rebate form was sitting on the shelf at Walmart. Not sure if it is anywhere online? I already mailed mine and did not make a copy of the form.

No AAP around here... No rebate form at (2) of the 100 or so Walmarts in my area. Oh well, guess I have to wait to see what you guys think of the stuff.

----, I was there today!

I doubt it is as good as Techron.. just similar marketing tactic.

I suggest waiting for Techrons BOGOF offer again. Amazing deal overall. AAP is competing very hard with the other chains. They are my fav

But then again, a bottle of Techron treats about ten gallons (?) of gas. A bottle of Shell V Power treats twenty gallons. If they are close to the same, that makes Shell the better buy.

Considering SOPUS (Shell Oil Products US) owns Pennzoil/Gumout, Quaker State/Slick 50 and others, this is just some existing product rebranded. Doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Well, it's not repackaged REGANE. I sent an email to one of the tech guys I know at Shell before I went on vacation, and here is my question and his reply. If it's better than REGANE, it's some good stuff.

Johnny,

It's not repackaged regane. Very good stuff. It's the best performer we have in our line up now.

John

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 11:43 PM
To: Holle, John M SLUBE-DLU/7A8
Subject: Fuel Additive

Big John,

What can you tell me about the attached product. Is it repackaged
REGANE? If not, is it as good as REGANE?

Take care,

JP

I bought two and can grab some of the rebates forms if people want them. I have one extra right here. Price is right and the teen just got a used Volvo. Problem's that rebate is one per household. I service cars in quite a few households, but limited myself to two bottles. Maybe I'll grab a a few more.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well, it's not repackaged REGANE. I sent an email to one of the tech guys I know at Shell before I went on vacation, and here is my question and his reply. If it's better than REGANE, it's some good stuff.

Johnny,

It's not repackaged regane. Very good stuff. It's the best performer we have in our line up now.

John

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 11:43 PM
To: Holle, John M SLUBE-DLU/7A8
Subject: Fuel Additive

Big John,

What can you tell me about the attached product. Is it repackaged
REGANE? If not, is it as good as REGANE?

Take care,

JP

Great to know that it is something new!

From looking at the MSDS someone posted, it reminds me more of Techron Concentrate than Redline SI-1.

Before we get too excited, lets remember this info comes from a company rep that will say nothing but positive things. And he never listed why its "very good stuff".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back