Dodge Cummins fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is in the wrong forum, admin please move as there is no fuel filter section.
I would like to know if anyone has the part number for the Baldwin 5 micron fuel filter for a 2006 Dodge Cummins- or was it Wix? I know there is a 5 micron fuel filter out there.
thanks

Wix

Part Number: 33585
UPC Number: 765809335851
Principal Application: Dodge Trucks w/ 5.9L Diesel (00-07), Various Trks w/ Cummins B + C Series Engines
All Applications
Style: Cartridge Fuel Metal Free Filter
Service: Fuel
Media: Paper
Height: 4.070
Outer Diameter Top: 3.390
Outer Diameter Bottom: 3.230
Inner Diameter Top: Closed
Inner Diameter Bottom: 0.820
Nominal Micron Rating: 10

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Packed 4.190 3.984 0.103

The better one

Part Number: 33585XE
Principal Application: Cummins 5.9L "B" Series Diesel Engines - Dodge Ram Pickup, Various other equipment - High Efficiency version of 33585 (Glass media)
All Applications
Style: Cartridge Fuel Metal Free Filter
Service: Fuel
Media: Glass
Height: 4.070
Outer Diameter Top: 3.390
Outer Diameter Bottom: 3.230
Inner Diameter Top: Closed
Inner Diameter Bottom: 0.820
Beta Ratio: 20/75=6/8
Nominal Micron Rating: 7

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Packed 4.190 3.984 0.103

Baldwin (no XE offering)

PART NUMBER: PF7777

Descriptions : Fuel/Water Separator Element
Fits : Chrysler, Bering, Ford, Freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbilt Trucks; 1/1998 to 6/2002 Cummins ISB Engines
Replaces : Chrysler 5015581AA; Cummins 3942470; Fleetguard FS19579
O.D. : 3 3/8 (85.7)
I.D. : 13/16 (20.6) One End
Length : 4 3/32 (104.0)
Grommets : [1] Attached
O_Ring : [1] Included

Nothing special offered by Donaldson either. Wix is the finest one that I can see
dunno.gif

Thanks for the info, Gary- but I think it is Baldwin. They make a 5 micron rated FF. The current one in the Dodges is 7. I like the idea of getting the lowest I can without going to an externally mounted unit.
Thanks again

Do you feel that the drop in psi will cause any issues? Power loss? I am runing the 7 micron right now.

No problem, although I have heard increases in hp from upgrading the lift pump, wot I am at 5psi with TST on 2/2 (about 50 hp setting) I will be upgrading the lift pump to a walbro soon though and adding a 2 micron filter. Since volume guages are pretty much unreachable, pressure tells us a little but not a whole in terms of how much fuel the injection pump needs. With all the injector issues on all of the websites I feel if I have any flux 1's (50 hp) will be on order from Don M.

I think problems arise when some of these guys add a lot of fuel from modules and have no fuel pressure guage, especially on the 03-04.5 that have the fuel bowl mounted lift pump. Some people report the injection pump pulling the fp down to 0 with heavy fueling.

I'm running stock power right now- just want the lowest micron rated FF I can get without going to an external/aftermarket. I don't know about anybody else, but I do not fully trust all the fuel out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back