OILGUYS have you ever cheated on your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been driving a matronly vehicle born in a Nordic country two decades ago. Her mileage would almost take me to the moon and back. Of course frequent oil changes and careful maintenance have preserved this long faithful union. Even when new this boxy babe would have been charitably described only as durable and well put together. No auto enthusiast would have lusted after her or dreamed about what was hiding under her very thick steel.

My dilemma now is that now I have an eye for something new and fetching. If ditch her and start a new affair with something young curvaceous, seductively red and with a taut convertible top am I being unfaithful?
blush.gif

Oilguys, have you ever cheated on your car?

Quote:

I have been driving a matronly vehicle born in a Nordic country two decades ago. Her mileage would almost take me to the moon and back. Of course frequent oil changes and careful maintenance have preserved this long faithful union. Even when new this boxy babe would have been charitably described only as durable and well put together. No auto enthusiast would have lusted after her or dreamed about what was hiding under her very thick steel.

My dilemma now is that now I have an eye for something new and fetching. If ditch her and start a new affair with something young curvaceous, seductively red and with a taut convertible top am I being unfaithful?
blush.gif

Oilguys, have you ever cheated on your car?

If riding through the new car lots & lusting for somthing new. I am guilty!

That's one of the reasons cars are better to spend your money on than women, because cars don't get jealous if you take another one out for a ride. Actually, they like the opportunity to rest. Wait a minute, that does sound somewhat like a past relationship I had...hard to imagine why it didn't work out!

Wow and I thought I was the only one that thought that. Ever since my car has been getting older (106,000 miles) I've been imagining what it would be like with a brand new car and then feeling bad that I hurt my car's feelings. lol.

I know the feeling...most of the cars I've owned were junk...When you finally get a good one it's hard to let go...thinking of a grey 320i now...most of have been really hard on our ancestors losing good horses...

I've never kept a vehicle for more than a few years before ditching it. I guess I'm a bit of a slut.

Quote:

I know the feeling...most of the cars I've owned were junk...When you finally get a good one it's hard to let go...thinking of a grey 320i now...most of have been really hard on our ancestors losing good horses...

Oddly enough the junkiness of the Explorer is a big part of why I have not been able to part with it. I like being able to park anywhere, not having to wash it, being able to run into things off road, etc... Junk is fun. With the Ranger I feel obligated to keep it looking nice. Water restrictions are a nightmare, I have to park at the back of the parking lot, etc...

Buy the new one. Keep the old one. Take her out and show her a good time every now and then. Lavish her with care and she will still love you.

Sometimes life is tough for a committed oilguy. You get a new one on the sly and when the old one finds out, all H--L breaks loose and there is no autoRX for this kinda sludge.
crazy.gif

When my old cars have started having little irritating problems show up, I've driven them to a dealer and looked at new ones. They have gotten the message and suddenly the problem went away. Of couse, the irritations come back a little later, so I finally dump the old one for a new one.

My sister in Atlanta has had a faithful longtime companion in her '01 Tacoma. 108K and not a single problem. A couple of months ago she got a wild hair and decided to add to her 'garage family' and picked up an '07 TSX. She still loves her truck but the TSX has become her daily driver. I felt I should warn her not to neglect the Tacoma or it will get p*ssed and start acting up after 7 years of faithful service. She took my advice and started alternating. :)

I just traded our faithfull 03 Tacoma for an Acura TL (we did look at the TSX).

There were many reasons to get rid of the Tacoma, and the only argument for keeping it was that it was paid for. So yeah, I feel a little bit guilty for getting rid of it. But then I remember how bad the ride was, the fuel mileage, etc, etc....

I was sorta eyeing a black Dodge Charger at the supermarket parking lot last night; but I'm hoping I was far enough away to where my Buick didn't see me.
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back