Pennzoil-Word get's around

Status
Not open for further replies.
On many different truck/car forums many people still believe that Pennzoil motor oil causes sludge in side their engines.I might have read 2 posts that had anything positive to say about Pennzoil.Even oild time mechanics have told their customers not to use Pennzoil.They mention Havoline/Valvoline to stick with.Joe
whistle.gif

Whenever somebody tells me that, I counter with a question: "How would such a sludge generating oil meet or exceed API requirements?"

The only answer I have heard is about Pennzoil used many years ago.

Pennzoil causes sludge, synthetics cause leaks, rats grow from corn bushels, "the computer" includes MS Windows...people have emotional, fear-based feelings about a subject and refuse to re-examine those closely held beliefs. Dittos to what wayne said...

When I used to work at a Jiffy Lube there was one truck that came in with so much sludge in the valve cover, oil wouldn't go through. I ended up having to fill it through the drain plug (good thing we had pressurized guns), told the owner not to come back till it was fixed.

Since the vehicle was solely serviced at Jiffy Lube, and Jiffy Lubes use Pennzoil. Pennzoil must have caused the sludge.

except that it had been thousands and thousands of miles since the last oil change.

We should make a t-shirt that says, "Pennzoil doesn't cause slugde!" and on the back it should say..."It didn't then and it doesn't now!"...Pheeww...As I typed that I had to look over my shoulder to make sure some good ol' boy wasn't gonna whack me!...I am so tired of trying to dispell this rumor!...Maybe we should contact Myth Busters(the popular TV show) and request they see if this myth holds water!...By the way I don't use Pennzoil but I must atone for the years I spent spreading a similiar version of this terrible tale!...

Dually

Is this your first anti-Pennzoil statement? I have a strange hunch it isn't.

BTW....Does Ashland still get alot of their typical passenger vehicle Valvoline base oils from Conoco?

Quote:

On many different truck/car forums many people still believe that Pennzoil motor oil causes sludge in side their engines.I might have read 2 posts that had anything positive to say about Pennzoil.Even oild time mechanics have told their customers not to use Pennzoil.They mention Havoline/Valvoline to stick with.Joe
whistle.gif

There is alot of good said about Pennzoil on this site. Pennz is good sruff.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Quote:

whistle.gif

There is alot of good said about Pennzoil on this site. Pennz is good sruff.
thumbsup.gif

Now that'a good english on my part..
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back