Honda 2.3 VTEC head bolt torque value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a friend who is replacing the cylinder head on a 2.3 litre Honda VTEC engine. He is wondering how many foot pounds of torque to torque the cylinder head bolts to. Anyone got a Haynes manual or such?
smile.gif

Thanks,

Dan

I got the numbers for the 94 Acoord 2.2. The motors are similiar but dont know if the values are the same. Starting in the middle bottom bolt They go
8;6;2;4;10;
9;3;1;5;7;
3 steps. First torque down to 29 lb, then 51 and the 72.3.

Sorry for the delay as it may be past time, but from my 1998-2002 Honda Accord service manual pg 6-51 & 6-52:
Use a beam-type torque wrench. If a bolt makes any noise while you are torquing it, loosen the bolt and retighten it. Tighten to 22 lbf-ft in sequence. If you are using a preset type torque wrench, be sure to tighten slowly and do not overtighten. Then mark the bolt head and 3 spots on the cylinder head so that their is a mark 90° apart all around. Tighten the cylinder head bolts until the mark on the bolt head aligns with the second mark on the cylinder head (turn the bolt 180°). If you are using a new cylinder head bolt, tighten the bolt to the 3rd mark (270°).

Sequence is l-r 8-6-2-4-10 on the top row and l-r 9-3-1-5-7 on the bottom row when viewed with the belt to the right. Tighten in numerical order.

Is this the F23A1 or F23A4 engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back