Current Ultimate MPG Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering if there is a website to compare different tires rolling resistance?

Or any tire company that advertises theirs as the best mpg tire?

Consumer Reports just did an article comparing Ultra High Performance tires that included RR ratings, but of course that tire class only comes in a 60 series.
pat2.gif
stooges.gif

Good year Invictor or Integrity: grip like soap in a bath tub but ultimate fuel economy.

If you want something that is at least decent handling: Michellin Energy MXV4 or MXM4, but that's gonna cost you.

If you want something cheap and better handling, but summer only, I heard good things about Sumitomo HTR 200 with very high tire pressure.

alot of these super high fuel economy tyres cost so much that i doubt they would pay for themselves in reduced fuel costs.
if you compare the oem honda insight tyre (re92 special edition for the insight) to a standard cheapie $35 dollar tyre, they both get basically the same mpg. the re92 might get fractionally better mileage. maybe enough to break even. i dont know.

call me paranoid, but i have a sneaky suspicion that fuel economy tyres dont reduce fuel costs enough to pay for themselves.

You could probably do just as well increasing your fuel economy by adding a little more air. I have tried this with my pickup truck and it doesn't really make any noticeable difference in mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back