Octane boost vs. comlpete fuel system cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does, or could octane boost work as good, if not better, as complete fuel system cleaners? like gumout regane, stp fuel system cleaner, NAPA/MAcks, ect? In both autozone, and NAPA, thiers a product in clear bottle, brown/amber liquid called 104+ octane boost....claims to boost octane, clean combustion chambers, vlaves, interanls ect.
Any truth to that? In terms of its cleaning abilities? Ive used octane boost in the recent past, and ide swar my engine ran better!
cheers.gif

I find such products do work, I use a product similar to what you are using/describing, it is called Lubecorp Super Gas Plus, this product boosts 87 octane regular gas to 92 (premium) at ratio of 2 mil per litre gas, (1 LITRE TREATS 500 LITRES OF GAS) or (in your American measurments that would be 1 quart treats 138 American gallons, a Canadian gallon is 20% more than an American Gallon, 500 litres is 110 Can gallons) it makes premium gas for 3 cents per litre, up here in Canada there is a $.08 cent per litre charge for premium gas over regular. It stabilizes gas for 2 years, lubricates upper cylinders, pumps, etc. -60C gas line antifreeze, cleans system as one drives.

I first tried it in son's 3.1 1994 Olds cutlass, his highway miles went from 33 to 38 mpg Canadian gallons. His engine quieted down, run effortless. I now use this stuff in everything I drive in gassers, including yard machines. Makes a two stroke husquavana sing, it runs like airplane and engine and uses much less gas now, it also allows me to use littler richer two stroke oil mix too.

I buy SGP in 1 litre bottles for $15.00 per litre in case lots of 8 litres, 1 litre will save me $30.00 in gas savings over and above cost of product. Also, this new ethanol blended gas is hard on pumps etc in my opinion, the lubricy in product like this can save cost of 700.00 on in tank pumps IMO.

You can find Super Gas Plus at www.lubecorp.com it works and I never fill up any gas tank without using it, I swear by it, I am sure your product is similiar.

It is like what the Lubecorp tech told me after I baraged him with many sceptical questions and comments, "try the product, do the math, either you believe in it or not." I did exactly that, and best for you to do the same ziggy, take mileage with and without your additive, take into consideration cost of product and if it is feasible, even if you break even on cost then the lubricy, cleaning, smoothness, saving on fuel pumps etc and extra power is enough to validate the cost of product.

I also used there straight Octane boost product, raises octane up to 12 points, used for muscle cars, but, tech told me to the one does all product for my purpose, 12 points octane boost makes that engine sing though.

Cyprs

Lol yeah, i bet it would mak my enigne sing;) Well, ive used stp octane boost, gumout my car REALLy liked in correct dosages. My car has an 11.4 gallon tank, so if a bottle says treats up too 21 gallons, i only use half the octane boost at fill up, when tnak is near empty. Gumout octane boost made my enigne much less noisey, and kinda felt like i was on cruise control. I use 87, per recommendation.
But, as my posrt says, they all seem to claim the same thing...cleans out combustion chambers, entire fuel system.
SO!! I got curious, and wondered how it reflects, agiasnt gumaout regaine, and all the others.

Not debating anyones personal results but a 12 point raise in octane would be 87 to 88.2, 1 point= .1

Also the products label claimed point increase is shown using lower octane fuels. The same point increase stating with 92 octane may not see the full 12.

Gumout octane booster is MMT based btw. It will give your plugs a very feminine pink shade after a few bottles. I learned from experience. It DID seem to give my old car a bit more punch though.

Octane boosters and cleaners are 2 different creatures. Its like saying "plumber vs bus driver". Gumout Regane is top notch IMO though!
smile.gif

No way! I didn't think gumout octane boost was mmt : ( That royally sucks. It did give my car a punch in performance !!
I know Wileye, that 12 points. is more like saying 1.2 octane total, so 87 would = 88.2 octane then. Think i'll stay with gumout regane ; )

It is a metallic fuel additive that has been shown to be bad for O2 sensors and catalytic converters.

But I bet it rocks when used in old fashioned engines.

Quote:

No way! I didn't think gumout octane boost was mmt : ( That royally sucks. It did give my car a punch in performance !!
I know Wileye, that 12 points. is more like saying 1.2 octane total, so 87 would = 88.2 octane then. Think i'll stay with gumout regane ; )

It doesnt say anything on the bottle about it. And the msds wont reveal what the octane improver is. However, in my personal use I immediately noticed pink spark plugs after 3 tankfuls. This is the common effect of MMT in fuel(pink deposits).

I liked the effects but I worried what it may have been doing to the O2 and cat so I stopped using it. FP+ gives me the same kick so I am happy.

Off topic: Found the pink ash stain from MMT useful in jetting two stroke engines. Makes the wash pattern from the transfer ports easily seen on the piston crown . Bardahl Knock-Out is what I used, aprox 1/2 a bottle to 10gal.

On the Lubecorp SGP they specs state that it takes regular gas past premium grade, in my savings on gas/mileage it certainly reflects that to me.

In Canada we pay 8 cents per litre more for premium over regualar gas. At that rate we pay nearly 40 cents more for premium per Canadian gallon, considering I make premium gas out of regular gas for pennies with Super Gas Plus then this is a huge savings in itself.

My father just went down to the U.S. to buy a new Toyota, he was amazed at how much lower gas prices were and how much cheaper premium grade gas was there. Even when you take into consideration the 20% less volume of an American Gallon to ours, the U.S. pricing is very reasonble compared to ours.

I am not trying to make a ---- contest over products. I do maintain that these products do work in my experience, as I said, try them, do the math without them and do it with them. Let the product speak for it self in actual use, all these products can be beat to death verbally, but mpg, cost of product in relation to money gained or lost, engine performance, maintenance savings etc all do the real talking, and this is how I come to my opinion.

Cyprs

I re-read my last post above and regret it, it comes accross very harsh, authoritive and over bearing, I apoligize.

Here is where I come from on this in my experience using Octane boost products. One year ago I started using Lubecorp Octane boost, (it was the only offering from this retail store, I did not know there was two other available options due to ignorance of Lubecorp at the time) The octane boost only product worked but it fouled the sparks plug red. This is not harmfull but a maintenance headache cleaning them.

I called Lubecorp technical dept., they said the sole octane product is for muscle cars, for octane boost in regular vehicles to use their multi purpose Super Gas Plus with cleaner, anti freeze, lubricant, stabilizer and octane booster (same booster in the first product I used) There second option was to use the octane booster with their injector cleaner plus product to achieve similar result like the SGP.

The rusults on three separate gasser vehicles in one solid year of testing first hand showed a 17% increase in mileage, this is 3% short of Lubecorp's claim of 20% better mileage. Good enough for me, is more than feasible and engines run clean, more performance and ofcourse better mileage.

When I started using SGP I bought small quantities and tested first hand for few months, I dont spend money for sake of spending it without return, it tested great, I now have a slight red dusting on my plugs equal to normal tan or grey, that does not bother me at all. I now buy in 8) 1 litre case lots at 33% discount compared to small bottles pricing. even greater saving on product use.

I have no ties with Lubecorp, I have no gain in getting anyone to use it. What I do say is to take any product you are interested in or chose and do your homework and research the product to verifiy if it is feasible in cost and if it is safe for your engine as I did, talk to the tech's who sell it in research/homework.

I am certain any other product mentioned may equal or exceed my choice product. It is easy to take gallons gas consumed versus miles traveled for mpg before and after usage, easy to check plugs, gas filters etc. Easy to feel performance, smoothness if you know your vehicle before and after using ANY product. IMO/experience, this is effective.

I do believe octane boosters in conjuction with a balance of other additives do work. If you have a favorite high octane booster, you may want to use a compatible cleaner product to reduce red deposites on plugs and anywhere else applicable.

If again I come accross too strong or the wrong way, I apoligise, my motive is to pass on first hand experience and testing, I should not have even mentioned the name of my product of choice, just what it does for my 3 gassers over an entire years usage..

Cyprs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back