Cant find the GC 0W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked everywhere in Anchorage AK today and could not find any GC 0W30. The only thing I saw was SYN 5w30. I know it's no the same but is it close to the GC. I hvae a new Maxima 3.5 and I heard these things are hard on the oil. I have done alot of reading here about the. Would the SYN be as comparable as the gc0w30. Thanks in advance.

Is ordering an oil an option for you? These engines seem to do well with Amsoil 0w30 (Having a VQ in my Alti SE-R). Someone may ship the GC to you too if you ask, but its probably about the same price as if you ordered the Ams.

You may have to try mail order from Alaska. I didn't see any AutoZone stores in Alaska. Autozone is the only parts store I have seen selling GC.

The Castrol distributor in Anchorage is:
INLET PETROLEUM CO INC
459 West Bluff Drive
Anchorage - 99501
USA
Telephone 907-272-8151

GC is one-of-a-kind in the Castrol Syntec lineup...I honestly don't think any of the other grades are in the same league as GC.

Thanks for the link. $8.62/qt
shocked.gif
I sure hope AZ continues to carry it at $6.19.

Is GC available in anything thicker, like a 10W-40 or a 15W-50?? If so, how can I tell the difference between GC and regular Syntec??

BMW has the 0w-40 Castrol RS, that's the one to get from the dealer.
Someone in classified has GC for sale in LA, maybe they will ship.
To revisit your choice, M1 0w-40 or MaxLife Synth 5w-30 are good oils for your needs.

I've only found it at two AutoZones in my area -- I bought 6 qts at one (then realized one of the bottles was US stuff, the first of the replacement stock), then bought 10 qts at another store. Now that I've drunk the Kool-Aid, I wish I'd found out about this stuff sooner!
pat2.gif

- Scott

What part of Iowa are you in? I have found GC in every Auto Zone I have been to in Iowa. I cleaned out almost every store in the state of green GC the last time Auto Zone has a syntec sale.

Just give them some time to restock, all the Des Moines stores have at least 30 quarts of it recently. Wait for the next sale on syntex though! I picked up a grand total of 48 quarts in August for only $4,79 a quart.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I'm sure they'll restock with the American (group III) version.
frown.gif

In other news, it seems like the Rotella Syn 5W40 is disappearing in my area, too. Maybe I'm the only one who buys it...

- Scott

I was in Des Moines today and I checked 2 stores and they all had GC they still had a few yellew American castrol bottles wtih the yellow lettering mixed in though so you have to check everyone. There is currently no sale on GC so don't waste your time looking right now in less you need to do a oil chance soon. Just wait for another sale and then clean them out like I did.

it's on sale last time I checked. free $6 filter so it's technically $4.99 qt after you factor in the filter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back