TECHRON or B-12 Chemtool ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a car that needs the injectors cleaned,what's the stronger
faster cleaner i should use?

i have both on the shelf, i'm leaning towards the B-12??

daman,

If you need injector cleaner then either one will help you depending on how bad it is. I'm more of a Techron man my self. Be prepared as the treated fuel will need to soak well into the jets instead of them trying to ask you to drive it. Driv every other day giving the chemical time to work.

Durango

Ok..well scratch the fast statement then,what's the more
stronger cleaner outa the two?, i really want to give
these injectors a good cleaning.

thanks!!!!

If your mechanically inclined - then remove the injectors and have them cleaned on an ASNU machine. You can find people on ebay who offer this service and if your resourceful you can find someone locally also.

I want to give em a good cleaning but not go that extravagant,just run a good cleaner threw them.

daman,

Just buy two big bottles of Techron as I believe it's better and over a two week period add one bottle and fillup on Chevron gas as a supplement. That's what I usually do.

Durango
usa2.gif

Quote:

daman,

Just buy two big bottles of Techron as I believe it's better and over a two week period add one bottle and fillup on Chevron gas as a supplement. That's what I usually do.

Durango
usa2.gif

K..don't have a Chevron gas station by me tho,i'll give 'er
a double dose then.

thanks for your input Durango
cheers.gif

Quote:

Redline Injector Cleaner is very strong stuff.

Oh yeah!

Just hard to find locally nowadays. All my AAP and AZs stopped selling it. Peppunks occasionally has it for like 8.00 a bottle. But i hate that store as it is.

BG44K is a great cleaner too--you can get that at most toyota dealerships or chevy delaers as well...

I've tried MMO, B12, Seafoam, water, Regane, etc., and find that Techron fuel system cleaner seems to work best. Do two treatments if needed.

I have found just the opposite, B-12 is solvent based, and stronger for cleaning tough deposits.
Follow the instructions on the can and add the amount that will treat a full tank of gasoline.

I have had a slight misfire come up several times on my windstar, which is prone to depostis inside the end cap on the injectors.....on the spray end.
I tried a number of different cleaners, including Redline and Techron, and only the B-12 was tough enough to clean them.

The other cleaners seemed to do great at keeping the rest of the fuel system squeeky clean.....but these deposits in the end cap were another story.

My mechanic filled me in on the Berryman's B-12 Chemtool.

I was also told that the deposits in the end cap come from the combination of oil vapor from the PCV system and the carbon from the EGR system.

I also found that it may take a couple of tanks of treated gasoline to clean the injectors up.

I have used a MMO and Techron combo before. I have also used MMO in every tank since I bought the truck new. No probs to date with 74k on the clock.

Quote:

I have found just the opposite, B-12 is solvent based, and stronger for cleaning tough deposits.
Follow the instructions on the can and add the amount that will treat a full tank of gasoline.

I have had a slight misfire come up several times on my windstar, which is prone to depostis inside the end cap on the injectors.....on the spray end.
I tried a number of different cleaners, including Redline and Techron, and only the B-12 was tough enough to clean them.

The other cleaners seemed to do great at keeping the rest of the fuel system squeeky clean.....but these deposits in the end cap were another story.

My mechanic filled me in on the Berryman's B-12 Chemtool.

I was also told that the deposits in the end cap come from the combination of oil vapor from the PCV system and the carbon from the EGR system.

I also found that it may take a couple of tanks of treated gasoline to clean the injectors up.

Ya, thats what i'm worried about,these type of injectors are
prone to tough deposits in the poppet valve and will stick
open if bad enough.

Back to the days before fuel injection I found that there were better cleaners than Berryman's B12 for the initial clean, but Berryman's was superior for final clean-up. The foam based cleaners like Rochester X88 and Ford Combustion Chamber Cleaner would loosen up deposits better and faster, and Berryman's B12 would immaculately clean up what was left. It didn't work as well to use Berryman's B12 by itself.

I have successfully cleaned the junk out of the end cap of the injector by removing the injector and spraying a cleaner up inside the cap....flushing it away.
However, that requires removal of the fuel injector....which in my case requires removal of the upper intake manifold, as well as the fuel rail.

I had used the Mopar Foam type cleaner, and it did a great job of cleaning.
This is harder to do with the multi point fuel injection as versus just spraying the foam cleaner into the carborator.
I don't know that enough of the foam would get up inside the end cap of the injector to do the job.

The foam type cleaners would seem to be just the ticket for cleaning the rest of the intake system though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back