1992 BMW 325is turbo, 3575km Rotella 10w30 CJ-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA ends 0474 and was 3290kms with Havoline 5w30.

Top lines (0475)are the most recent with Rotella 10w30 during my first Auto-Rx clean phase. Comments stated that the elevated silicone in 0474 was probably from "a compound used in assembly or repairs."

The vehicle had around 198,000km on it when the Havoline was ran and 201k when the Rotella was in. Has an aftermarket turbo setup with the stock engine that has never been touched. Terry will be analyzing this but I figured I'd post up as well.

I tracked it once with the Rotella and probably have done over 100 wot runs to the 7000rpm redline during these two OCI's. When I'm tuning it I do 5-10 WOT first to fourth gear pulls, but I always let the oil fully warm up of course.

Looks like the Rotella thinned out, possibly from fuel dilution and I'm trying to get those numbers and the flash point. Thanks for looking!

2rco84n.jpg
cheers.gif

I think I'm most surprised by the low moly on the Havoline. Doesn't it have much more than that?

What's the starting vis of the Rotella? I'm too lazy to search. Over 100 WOT runs? Nice.
grin.gif

-Dennis

Last edited:
Quote:

What's the starting vis of the Rotella? I'm too lazy to search. Over 100 WOT runs? Nice.
grin.gif

-Dennis

Depends on which Rotella 10w-30 he used...

the older CI-4+ formula was about 11cSt @ 100c
the new CJ-4 formula is about 12 cSt @ 100c

Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back