GOODYEAR EAGLE Responsedge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a set to be mounted later, good looking tire loaded with new tech...five ply, two poly, two steel, one Kevelar belt, carbon fiber reinforced sidewall and then the tires are now engineered to stay dark black for life? anyone have experience with these monsters over time?...half the tred width is a all-season the other a track/rain design....pretty wild.

Get a kick from Tire Racks survey results, of course people will love a brand new tires performance after just chuck'n the old worn-out junk tires, most replies are after very few miles never to hear from them again so wondering if anyone has a critical view on these?

I was considering these for my next set of tires, I'm on the fence between these and the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity. Truth be told, I'll probably go for the Serenity's, since my last set of Goodyear tires were simply AWFUL and I'm not too impressed with the Eagle LS2's that came installed on my car.

Having a set of Eagle F1 All seasons put on my car on Sat. They share some of the same technology (Perma Black and Carbon sidewalls). I think Goodyear learned something from the Response Edge's and put carbon for both sidewalls instead of just the outsides. We'll see how they do!

damed near 70k on these Michelins MXXV4, been great from start to here, may go another 10k..Responsedge's look like weapons, can't believe they'll go through snow.

I assume the author knows that and is basing his considerations when compared to the G-009s, as-new. Otherwise, how could anyone ever review a tire? If I saw his last tires were Douglas or some other pos, it would affect my perceptions. If someone had G-009s last time and has Eagles this time, one can infer he is making a legitimate comparison. Remember, not every function of a tire is tread-depth dependent. fwiw, there is narly a single bad review of the Eagle on Tire Rack, most tires have a sort of 'split-decision' with both good and bad reviews. I'm psyched to use mine eventually. I buy a lot of tires, ones that are known-good for other people's cars and others that I want to try for reference. Last year or two, I've been buying cheap-o budget tires like ASX and Exclaim UHP. It will be nice to try something high-end and the Eagles seem worth the price. I have an expensive size now 215-55/16 and tear through tires, so budget ones are a necessity. I nailed a good price for this pair, DTD $85 compared to $120 at Tire Rack. Really, there is only a small bunch of all-seasons tires I consider good.

My local GoodYear looked at my printed T/R quote then beat it by $10 per tire before the rebates ($80)with the GoodYear credit card then did 6mo. no intrest finance, my Michelins are at 69.3k with 6-5/32 left...that may go til next summer lest we get a light winter here again in Milwaukee area...these Honda Accord 2.4's are not only easy on oil,fuel and brakes but tires too.

i got the response this summer going from the general exclaim to these was night and day. the gy are quiter and ride smoother. this car is my autocross car too when i bolt the falkens on. as far as steering respose they better than the generals. turnin is a bit soft but the tire has a ton of grip for it's class and has great mid corner feedback and it gives you a good warning before it lets go
driving.gif
the wet weather grip from a dead stop is better than anything i have ever has on a car. lateral wet grip is good to. ---- these tires on my car turned it into my own private amusement park
banana.gif
enjoy!

Yeah, wow. I got mine on and immediately I felt like I had been missing out on a great tire. I'm really glad I chose this one. Like I said above, I've been using mid-range/budget tires for a while now and finally like I found something worht the extra money. Steering effort is much lighter than ASX of Exclaim UHP that I had on this car. The whole tire seems lighter. Really smooth and quiet for a new tire. Takes bumps VERY solidly, something I like. Absolutely glitch-free, as I did have that lil jiggle with the ASX. Grip seems great, did not really test it. Funny, I was just likeing the ASX again and ....wow. If I had to buy another set of tires right now, it would be the Eagles, despite the few extra $.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+ResponsEdge

The Eagles went back on today (with the scraped rims) and these things are great. It's pretty rainy and the road feel is great. Like a some of the other guys who tried them have said, "best tire ever".

finally did 80k on the oem Michelins, that was a great tire..8k on the r/e now..seems to be fine, very capable, wet, dry, aggressive..all good. course I don't push the Accord to the limits..I rotated myself the other day and the wheels seemed awful heavy, could have been me, but seemed awful heavy..88k on the clock and milage is down a bit..could be any combination of old parts or heavy new tires...these were alot less expensive than the Michelin replacement, it's early but 80k and solid through the entire life like the Michelin is going to be tough to beat....still waiting on the snow..this looks like a track tire, certainly not a M&S type.

I just popped my Eagles back on for early Spring as they still have a lot of tread. I took off the venerable Michelin Pilot Sports ("best of the best") and really, the Eagles are an awesome tire by comparison. I'll go as far to say they are better, although the Michelins are pretty good in snow and have good treadlife reports. Still, at the same price, I'd take the Eagles.

Kumho had some lavendar scented tires a few years ago. BFG had the Scorcher tires with yellow or red tread as well...

Although weight nas never been my deciding factor either, it does make a difference.

Last edited:
Not on the highway and I'd like to see your actual test results to back that up.

Too much "theory" on this forum.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Not on the highway and I'd like to see your actual test results to back that up.

Too much "theory" on this forum.

I agree, there is to much theory on this forum. I have never seen a site say how much a tire ways (doesn't mean there isn't one), but I have never seen a tire site mention weight of a tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back