Dealer wont install synthetic oil in Mazdaspeed 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dealer gives one free oil change with the new car purchase and I brought in my first run of PP. However, Mazda tells the dealer that synthetic will run too thin in the turbo. Asinine isnt yes?

I will do it myself this weekend.

Most dealers know nothing about oil. They are car/service SALES PERSONS. That's what they know, selling. NOT OIL.

I'd do the same as you, & do it myself.

what will keep the turbo clean is not shutting off the engine when the turbo is too hot ,is the turbo water cooled?. Syn oil ,depending upon the base stock may only raise the coking point up a couple hundred degrees so be careful on the results you are trying to achieve.

I warm it and cool it for sure. I dont know what the cooling method is on these. I called Mazda Corp myself and they said the dealer was mistaken and they would talk to them. Only the RX8 requires mineral in their books. Dealer has since called and apologized offering this free change and another for the trouble.

Did you miss speak when you said raise the coking point a couple hundred degrees? If not would you mind explaining why that isnt as impressive as I see it to be. Im not a rookie, but may not be the most experienced at this.

I had the same issue with my Mazda CX 7 service department manager. He said no to synthetic. I emailed Mazda's' technical service department and received an email stating THAT I MAY USED ANY SYNTHETIC OIL AS LONG AS IT MEETS THE VISCOSITY AND GRADE IN MY OWNERS MANUAL. I took the email to the dealer and showed it to the service manager and parts manager. They said they would pass the information to all the mechanics. They put Motor Craft 5w30 Blend in my CX 7. Too many self appointed experts passing themselves off as lubrication engineers and over-ride factory recommendations.

Quote:

Too many self appointed experts passing themselves off as lubrication engineers and over-ride factory recommendations.

Hmm, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black around here?
shocked.gif

I haven't even given my dealer the chance to hand me a stupid explanation such as this....I just drive my Speed 6 up on the ramps and change the oil myself. Synthetics are the way to go when you have a turbo as they reduce coking in the turbo and will resist it if you do periodically shut it down hot. Just make an effort to 'drive easy' your last couple of miles and you won't need to sit in your garage idling the engine.

Where did you get your ramps and can you give me the brand and as much description as possible please? Everywhere here has them too high. Dealer wont see it unless it breaks after these freebies. Ive always done my own before.

Thank you

I either got them at WalMart or Pepboys, I honestly can't remember. They're Rhino, black plastic. They are actually a bit too high, but I put 1x6 planks in front of them to give the car enough lift to clear the ramp with the front air dam lip. If you're running stock tires, you may need something as thick as a 2x4. (I upsized to 225/45/18 tires).

Rhino sells two ramps. If you have need to use the ramps on full size trucks and vans the higher rating might be the wise choice. The big ones go to 10 or 12,000k lbs. they are wider as well.

The big ones are not much more money.
I have 2 sets of the smaller and 1 of the bigger, don't ask.

Depending upon the base stock,,,poaos are not much higher than gpII dino oils and the pao leaves harder deposits. I have read stickers placed be the pyrometers on many semis "non cooled with out electronic management " not to shut off the engine unless the exhaust gas temps are 300 F or below. So if you run a syn oil that cokes at 700f and the egt is 1,100f and the engine is shut off what will happen? the numbers are made up and to get the exact numbers do a search but in general I hope you can get what I am getting at. I am not knocking syn oil but the dino is very good and I would do the free oil changes to flush out the wear metals. Also there are manufactures that recommend syn oil for what ever reason needed ,so if syn was really needed the mfg would recommend or require syn oil to cover their warranty claims'.

I did my first OC at 1100 miles and used PP. I choose PP because it meets Hondas HTO-06 which is Hondas way of covering their warranty burdened a$$.

Mobil 1 has the HTO-06 certification too but I choose PP because it seems to hold up well with fuel dilution issues - which the Mazdaspeed DISI engines seem to have.

Later on I may go with GC, but I'll wait to make that call!!

I'm taking my Speed3 on a 2500 mile trip and then it'll be another PP OC and a trannie flush with Redline MT-90.

Cheers! DV

Quote:

Dealer gives one free oil change with the new car purchase and I brought in my first run of PP. However, Mazda tells the dealer that synthetic will run too thin in the turbo. Asinine isnt yes?

I will do it myself this weekend.

Yes, asinine. Good thing you're doing it yourself. Keep your car FAR away from there.

I got free oil change coupons too when I bought my 06 vibe that I didn't use. I think next time I buy a new car which won't be for another 6 years (knock on wood)
I'll ask for free oil filters
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back