98 Mark VIII, Mobil 1 R 0w-30, 4,262 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second UOA with my 98 LSC. The viscosity was a bit high because I used 6 quarts Mobil 1 0w-30 Racing and 0.7 quarts Mobil 1 0w-40.
98LSC-1.jpg

I was told this Mobil 1 0w-30 Racing oil is what most of the Nascar teams use and is no longer available to the public. My oil filter was a Ford Racing FL820s and the air filter was an Amsoil conical.

hey you live in SF too? what type of gas do you use? i wonder if there is another explanation for the nickel values we are both seeing that doesn't have anything to do with ring lands?

i use shell 91 exclusively and if you use the same thing i wonder if it is a gas additive that is causing this?

if the nickel was coming from excessive ring land wear i think we would see it in poor compression test results or excessive high rpm oil consumption right? i don't see either of these, so i wonder if there is something else other than rings or wrist pin that is causing the nickel in the sample

Yes, im from the Bay Area. I only use Shell, 76, and Chevron 91 premium gas. Unfortunately, I don't think the nickel has to do with the gas because my UOA's for my G35 and 96 Mark VIII show no nickel wear and I frequent the same gas stations with those vehicles too.

Yea, this is the highest flashpoint I have ever got on any vehicle, the Amsoil ATM used on my G35 came close at 435 degrees. To be fair though, the ATM was run for almost 6000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back