How to choose 4T Scooter Motocycle's engine oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Tell me, Pablo how a synthetic (whatever that is) will preclude these geographically induced ring problems that are apparently inevitable? Remember, we are talking about a 625 mi OCI here.”

Probably with a short OCI it’s of no consequence, but a well formulated group IV and V oils tend to have less gummy ring deposits than group I and group II oils, especially in single cylinder hot running engines. These engines do respond well to fuel additives, IMHO. And probably would do well with AutoRx in the oil to clean an existing problem, which it sounds like rakuentw does not have.

I haven’t been to Taiwan since January 2005. But 2000-2005 I travelled extensively from Taipei to Taoyuan to Tainan to Kaohsiung with also many trips to a factory in Pingtung. I honestly didn’t think about which area had more smoky scooters! But very glad there is enforcement!

The thing I miss most about Taiwan are the night markets (great food and shopping) and of course betel nut girls!!!
cheers.gif
thumbsup.gif

Most if not all of the scooters do not have an oil filter that can hold the sludge if you use RX. Best thing is to use the best oil you can afford to control deposit.

my scooter's oil filter seems useless
(just can stop sand grains)
20070820_3ed7377c61a8b414a0e6RSauru.jpg

20070820_402947e525fb1dc0fc4czTEl1X.jpg

if i change oil every 1000KM ,
there is some sand in used oil
(i don't know it's sludge or not)
so i use cheapest mineral oil and 700KM OCI

Probably more important than the oil filter, on most motorbikes, is the air filtration. The air tract is the only avenue that silicate and dirt can gain entrance into the engine oil.

Many street bike riders don't pay a lot of attention to their air filters. Many never oil them at all.
But, a bike air filter needs to be of good quality, and a good regimen of cleaning and re-applying filter oil is essential to the health of the bike engine.

It is also a good idea to keep a good eye on where the filter seals against the filter cage. Good idea to always rub some thick viscosity grease (#2) on the rubber filter seal before mounting it. And always make certain that the seal is tight all the way around the cage, and the holding nut/apparatus is secured well.

Sand entering into the engine is far more detrimental than using the worst oil you could find for long periods.
It also doesn't matter if you use the highest priced oil, and change it out everyday, if there is dirt and sand entering into the engine. Dirt entering makes any engine oil concerns moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back