Valvoline SynPower 5w40w Oil Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, has anyone used this oil in a an extended....lets say 7,500 mile extended oil change in a V/6?

Does anyone know and technical properties of this oil? Like group III,IV,V? How about shearing or any other problems with the 5w40 grade oil?

I am using the 20-50 in my motorhome at the moment and like this SynPower oil for the hard to beat price of a buck to buck and a half price on rebate from time to time.

I belive is group 3 with some group 4 base oils. I talked to a valvoline tech and thats what I got from him. 7500 on what kind of car. If its all highway go for it.

Quote:

Hello, has anyone used this oil in a an extended....lets say 7,500 mile extended oil change in a V/6?

I've just run it for 8k miles in my Audi (2.8 liter normally aspirated V6). No UOA. Fine oil, in my opinion. Relative low consumption and no abnormal noises. Oil looked good till the end.

Yes, it shears. In the UOAs on this site, it's not uncommon to see it drop from 89 (Virgin visc) down to about 65. UOA showed low wear though. It does meet some long drain specs so I don't see why it can't go 7500 in a non-turbo. Personally, I would use maxlife synthetic 5w-30. Less shearing, more moly, but essentially the same chemistry, according to a vavoline tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back