C5 Corvette wheel on a 1965 Impala?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering and from all the searching what I found is a 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern for the C5 is that the same as my 65 Impala? Also does anyone think they would fit or is the back spacing all wrong? The C5 looks like more of the rim is inside than out, negative offset? I like the way the C5 rims look and was wondering if they would fit my impala.

I think there may be 2 problems - but I'm not sure of this.because my book doesn't tell me much about 1965 Chevys.

1) The bolt pattern for a Corvette is 5 X 120.7 mm. Current large GM cars are using 5 X 115 mm.

2) Corvettes use a high positive offset (I think the sign is stated correctly) while the older Chevys use a negative osffset (stll not sure of the sign, but anyway, they are different and opposite.)

HOWEVER, older Corvettes - not where the cutoff years is - used the same bolt pattern and offset as the GM large cars.

The reason I was asking is I currently have the 1980 aluminum corvette wheel on my impala. So I wasn't sure if the bolt pattern changed. As for offset from looking at the new wheels there looks like one, the rims look more like what would be on front wheel drive vehicles.

Get some wheel adapters and be done with it. I have some on one of my cars and have had them on there for almost 20 years without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back