Pennzoil Platinum vs Pennzoil at -40 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice that you know what weight (clue, its NOT 5w-30) in the yellow bottle or that what the real temps were.

Real factual video.
shocked.gif

I'm going to stop using conventional oils because of it.
drool.gif

All those hundreds of thousands of miles using conventional oils what was I thinking!
pat2.gif

Amazing..
crackmeup.gif

The conventional is 10w-30; I can tell cause it's green.

By the way, nice comments from folks. Pennz bad, Castrol good, Castrol synthetic not real synthetic.
smirk.gif

We did something similar backin high school, grade 11 mechanics. -45c, one botte of Ford 5w30 mineral, one Mobil 5w30.

The flow difference was huge, and you could hold it with your bare hand, you just had to switch hands every 5 seconds or so, heheheh!!!

For the cold I only use synthetic whenever/wherever I can.

You know something-the Mobil 1 did not exactly flow like water. Mobil 1 when it first came out was supposed to be able to flow at something like -65. This is only -40 and it is not exactly flying out of the bottle. Nevertheless, it outflowed the Pennzoil.

I too use synthetic oil in the wintertime. This is a good example as to why. But the synthetic oils we have today for the most part may no longer flow quite like the synthetic oils we had in the past.

Sorry-that was Pennzoil Platinum versus conventional Pennzoil. Still, the synthetic does not beat the conventional by a mile-just by a good lead.

I like to use Mobil 1 0W30 in the wintertime. They may have to put more PAO in the 0W30 Mobil 1.

Even if the synthetic gives you just a little bit better performance in the wintertime that is a lot less wear on the engine. If the conventional motor oil is like molasses think of the wear on your engine in the cold.

Everything else being equal the synthetic will simply reach the engine parts sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back