Just used Nufinish Polish with awesome results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we need to distinguish between 'detailing finishes' for those who want pretty, and 'protection finishes' for others.

Quote:

I guess we need to distinguish between 'detailing finishes' for those who want pretty, and 'protection finishes' for others.

Who says you can't have both though? With either Zaino or Meguiar's #21 you're getting a great shine and you're getting long lasting protection too. And there are lots of other products that do the same too.

And if you want that extra "show car finish" you can always top your sealant with a carnauba, and a lot of detailing sprays will also beef up the shine too (such as Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer for example)

Now that you mentioned it Patman can we get it here? I tried CT in Mississauga Brampton areas as well as Parts Source and all they carry is the old style Meguiar's Quick Detailer no sign of the new stuff.
Anybody seen it in GTA??

Quote:

Now that you mentioned it Patman can we get it here? I tried CT in Mississauga Brampton areas as well as Parts Source and all they carry is the old style Meguiar's Quick Detailer no sign of the new stuff.
Anybody seen it in GTA??

The only place in Canada that has the Ultimate Quik Detailer is the Meguiar's warehouse in Mississauga, you have to pick it up directly from them, or have them ship it to you (they aren't distributing it to any retailers yet).

It actually works out cheaper to buy it from the US though, I ordered some from autogeek.net and should be getting it by early next week.

Every March, Walmart picks new products from the Meguiar's lineup, so hopefully they'll pick this one up in March 08!

Quote:

[Also Nufinsh has been reformulated several times over the years. I called them to ask about this. It is a mondern sealent.

Do you think they would really say "no,it's the same formula for 25 years"?
Then again if it's reformulated,it's because of a new V.O.C. regulations that are in 14 states so far and if that's the case,NuFinish will protect the paint for less time.
NuFinish is heavy in chemicals.
Many say Klasse AIO doesn't last as long because of the reformulation due to new regulations.

Quote:

Do you honestly think NuFinish can beat these results below?

The first two pics are with Zaino Z5 Pro:

JEFF006.jpg

JEFF016.jpg

And this last one is to prove to people that Carnauba waxes are not dinosaurs! This is with Pinnacle Souveran paste wax:

189235962-L.jpg

There is no way on earth NuFinish would beat that Souveran shot!!

The results in those pics are mostly from the prep work and not the LSP.I know with the right prep Nufinish can look quite "wet" too.

The question is, how many NuFinish users are doing multiple levels of paint prep before applying NuFinish?

The primary appeal to the product is that its a one step product. The cleaning and polishing action of NuFinish is pretty strong for a one step. Add to this the low price and wide availability and you understand why a lot of people use it.

And I would not give a lot of credit to Souveran for the shine on that last Corvette pics. I've seen lots of pics of this car and the custom paint job is insane! I would not be surprised to hear of a $10,000 price tag for it. Just about any decent wax or sealant would look great on that Vette. Kind of like a naturally beautiful woman doesn't need a lot of fancy makeup to look stunning.

"With either Zaino or Meguiar's #21 you're getting a great shine and you're getting long lasting protection too."

The Zaino site states that their all in one product needs to be applied 3 to 4 times a year. The clear stuff is advertised to last 9 months, but you need to use some other finish to do some cleaning first as the clear stuff is just a wipe and let it dry. Now you're using around $70 of product including shipping and two applications to get the same level of protection as some Nufinish that costs maybe $7.

I use Zaino on my WS6 and NuFinish on my 95 Neon. I would have to say that Zaino produces much better results than NuFinish. Although I haven't used both polishes on both cars for a comparison, NXT produced much better results on the Neon than the NuFinish did. I just wanted something more durable on my car that sits outside all the time. Zaino is expensive, but produces a better shine and probably lasts as long as NuFinish. It is all opinion I guess. What I think I'm going to do next time around is use some Zaino on the Neon to see what it looks like. The nice part with Zaino is the 70 dollars worth of stuff lasts a long long time so I think I can afford to put some on the beater car.

Quote:

"With either Zaino or Meguiar's #21 you're getting a great shine and you're getting long lasting protection too."

The Zaino site states that their all in one product needs to be applied 3 to 4 times a year. The clear stuff is advertised to last 9 months, but you need to use some other finish to do some cleaning first as the clear stuff is just a wipe and let it dry. Now you're using around $70 of product including shipping and two applications to get the same level of protection as some Nufinish that costs maybe $7.

Five months ago, before the Mississippi summer really started to beat down, I detailed my car. I washed the car, used a clay bar, wash with Zaino Car Wash, used Zaino AIO and hit it with the Zaino Clear Seal.

I wash the car weekly...sometimes every 10 days if I can't get to it. After a wash, I use Zaino Z8. The shine is still GREAT to this day. One lady walked by my car after I was done and working on the inside and said that it looked "beautiful". The water beads like the first day after a wax and it rains quite a bit down here. A little Zaino goes a long way. I'm sold on their products.

Well, enjoy using those various things as often as you do.
I'm happy to do the NuFinish thing in September, then not having to do anything but washing it evry month or so, and still having water bead until I do it again late next summer.

Nothing lasts a year on a daily driver.Especially in winter climates where you get a few months.
The smaller and tighter the beading the better the protection.Beads as big as a say a nickel shows the protection is minimal at best or gone.

As I said earlier, you are mistaken. My Jeep sits outside all the time. I put Nufinish on it usually in September and it's still beading water--small beads--until I do it agin the following summer.

Quote:

As I said earlier, you are mistaken. My Jeep sits outside all the time. I put Nufinish on it usually in September and it's still beading water--small beads--until I do it agin the following summer.

An entry for the Guinness World Records book.
ooo.gif

"I washed the car, used a clay bar, wash with Zaino Car Wash, used Zaino AIO and hit it with the Zaino Clear Seal."

Now you're probably up to $100 of polish stuff, and spending a lot more time on your vehicles than I do. I have two mid sized sedans, an older reg cab half ton and a newer quad cab 3/4 ton with a canopy to do.

Do any of you guys really carefully wash, clay bar, polish, and then seal crew cab pickups ? That seems like a DINK/yuppie thing to do on some smaller sporty vehicle.

Quote:

"I washed the car, used a clay bar, wash with Zaino Car Wash, used Zaino AIO and hit it with the Zaino Clear Seal."

Now you're probably up to $100 of polish stuff, and spending a lot more time on your vehicles than I do. I have two mid sized sedans, an older reg cab half ton and a newer quad cab 3/4 ton with a canopy to do.

Do any of you guys really carefully wash, clay bar, polish, and then seal crew cab pickups ? That seems like a DINK/yuppie thing to do on some smaller sporty vehicle.

The bottom line for you is mediocre shine and more importantly The $$$.
I like my vehicles to have a great shine.Yes,the products I buy may be expensive but not in the long run because they last for years.
You can save that $7 and not put anything on your vehicles.I have friends,relatives,neighbors and co-workers who never wax their vehicles for many years and most colors actually don't look bad.
Save the $7!

just a little thought here. If the guy is happy with his Nu-Finish shine,mor power to him. If you're happy with your pricer wax job, more power to you. Some of us like to save a little $$, and not always is the highest priced product the best, or the best buy. If so we should all drive RR's or some Italian sports car. Just my 2 cents or 20$. Lets all be happy.

"You can save that $7 and not put anything on your vehicles."

'Pretty', 'shiny', 'show finish' means zero to me, as I'm only interested in protection exhibited by water beading on vehicles that sit outside. So far it seems that the only Zaino products that might offer as much protection as Nufinish, even accoding to Zaino, is their sealant on top of some of their other finishes. Since the sealant seems to be a pretty new product it seems to confirm, even according to Zaino, that Nufinish has provided better protection over the years as the sealant wasn't available in prior years.

One coat of $7 a can Nufinish; less expensive, much easier to apply, better protection over the years even according to Zaino.

Again, which of you 'detailers' carefully wash, claybar, polish, and then seal crew cab pickups with canopies ? How many of you keep up four vehicles with such techniques ? I suspect few, which is why there are 'protection' finishes' and 'detailing' finishes.

Quote:

Mine isn't a truck, and it took me 3 hours tops for the whole process. I do it semi-annually and at that rate, that 100 dollar in product (10 dollars for clay, 8 car wash, 30 cs, 27 AIO = 75 dollars) will last me a really long time. A little Zaino product will go a long way.

To each his own...use spit on a rag to shine up your truck if you feel macho and don't want to protect your truck's paint.

Quote:

Honestly, we should just primer our vehicles...you know, since washing/waxing and taking care of a vehicle that most spend 20K+ or more on is so "Yuppie".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back