Zep Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

My fiance got a job with Zep manufacturing not long ago. They make all, and I mean all sorts of chemicals for just about every industry you can think of. Anyway, I get to try a lot of the products she sells, and let me tell ya....they rock!!

Here is a few of them:

From left to right: ML Lubricant, Zep Dry Moly, Twister, Zep 50 (HD Degreaser), Zep Tuff Green, Zep Tireless Shine and finally Zep 40 (Glass Cleaner)

The ML Lube is a liquid, grease like moly disulfide (solid type) used to lubricate anything with a high degree of friction. Examples are open gear cases and chains.

Zep Dry Moly is almost the same, but while the ML Lube is sort of a grease, this product is a lot drier and sprays a lubricating film (almost dust like) It dries very quickly.

Twister (per my fiance) is WD-40 on steroids!

Zep 50 is a HD engine degreaser.

Zep Tuff Green is a bio-degradeable multi-purpose degreaser. It is soy based and actually works very good.

Tireless Shine is an awesome tire dressing spray. This is much better than the "No Touch" spray they sell at the auto parts. It's a no-drip, no-run and very durable product. I love it!

Finally, Zep 40 is a very good glass cleaner. Very low streak and non-runny formula.

Anyway, I wish they'd sell these products to the masses...this is top notch, professional stuff guys. Now since they don't sell this at the local AutoZone, I feel priviledged....therefore having the urge to say "Eat your hearts out."
fruit.gif

cool.gif

Yes they do, but my girl is being stingy with it. Maybe I can swipe a can or two. Awesome stuff!

The hand cleaner with ground up walnut shells works very well. But it removes all the oil from your skin too.

Boss bought some Soy based spray lube. It smells terrible and stinks all day so we had to quit using it.

Quote:

ZEP Cherry Bomb is the best hand cleaner I've ever seen... it's what we now use exclusively in our shop.

even better than GOJO lemon? (the real stuff, hard to find because it contains petroleum distillates) SURELY YOU JEST!

Quote:

ZEP Cherry Bomb is the best hand cleaner I've ever seen... it's what we now use exclusively in our shop.

Wish we could use it here at work. We use ZEP Double Play. Don't like it at all. Very weak, IMO. Gojo does better than that stuff.

Hi Boys, This is Rick's beautiful, sexy, ZEP selling stingy girl! As far as the soy based degreaser that stinks, try ZEP 50 its a foam degreaser that has lasting contact time minus the smell. Also, GOJO??? Please!! If you dont like double play return it...100% money back guarantee (need better sales rep) Try Cherry bomb, TKO or The walnut shell hand soap, called Shell Shock. Thanks for all the kudos on ZEP!!

Sorry guys....girl took laptop from me!

Rick

My dad has a can of zeps, I dont know how old it is. He hardly ever used it. I used it a couple of times lubing my atv's when I was 14 or so, so I know it's over 19 years old. I would guess at least 30 years.

Quote:

Also, GOJO??? Please!! If you dont like double play return it...100% money back guarantee (need better sales rep) Try Cherry bomb....

Wish I could. Its a corporate thing where I work. I have no influence. And yes, Gojo IS better. Sorry.
blush.gif

I worked in a maintenance shop decades ago. Together along with a private garage, we used a lot of Zep products ... Zep45, Zepreserve, Power House (that stuff was a brutal spray cleaner) along with a green, Lava-like, green pumice hand cleaner ... but I've forgotten its name.

Zep has a solid line. And yes, one of the big-box retailers was (is?) selling a few of their cleaners ... but just a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back