Recent Topics
SIG 556 Thoughts
by Robenstein
19 minutes 59 seconds ago
Oil for someone with rather severe driving habits
by SnowDrifter
Today at 02:32 AM
Does the time between oil changes matter?
by Jocko
Today at 12:57 AM
troy bilt mower wont startwhen warm
by dwsmith43
Today at 12:34 AM
Experiment comparing G12, Dex-Cool and Peak
by ChiaroBlue
Today at 12:06 AM
Oil for twin turbo USA made engine
by jllgd
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Steering problems on Toro rear engine riding mower
by Gizmo8800
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Alignment, rear toe, fix or leave it?
by actionstan
Yesterday at 09:49 PM
TGMO 0W-20, 13 Avalon Hybrid
by dmack2
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Mobil 1 Custom Blend 0w30 - 4,000 mi, 2014 Mazda 3
by Artem
Yesterday at 09:29 PM
Valvoline Next Gen
by ChevyBadger
Yesterday at 09:18 PM
Valvoline SynPower 0w-20
by klt1986
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Newest Members
_diesel_, Glenno9, dwsmith43, Mathew_Boss, Scotthew
51323 Registered Users
Who's Online
21 registered (19jacobob93, Char Baby, dec219644, d00df00d, 01_celica_gt, 87sammy, 1 invisible), 609 Guests and 131 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51323 Members
64 Forums
219346 Topics
3461371 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Atlanta Havoline Xpress Lube not changing oil by Apollo14 @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

I'm waiting for some posters from the oil filter forums to tell us that this small number of issues is not statistically significant nor dangerous for vehicles and that someone should start tracking successful oil changes on a spreadsheet.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: new car titling by mrsilv04 @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: exranger06 I don't see what that has to do with titling and registering. Who said it had to?
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
I agree. I'm not looking to extend the intervals just yet. The engine is still breaking in and I'm just experimenting with different lubes because I'm bored. I'll run it 10k eventually...
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: ATF Fluids by MolaKule @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

I assume you are asking about the Mu(v) of the clutch/fluid system? Mu(v) is the resulting curve of the frictional characteristics of the clutch/fluid system. Mu is coefficient of friction plotted on the vertical axis, v is speed of rotating compo
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 15w-50 by Quattro Pete @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Ducman The BMW dealers should at least have it in bulk should one need to get some for home. Or maybe in 1 Litre bottles from the service department. It seems to be a good oil. It smells like a Group III mineral oil, and the TDS
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Auto Insurance decision by 01rangerxl @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

I use Travelers right now because they were the cheapest. I can't complain, but I haven't actually used their service, I have just paid for it. Actually, I have never used auto insurance with any company - no claims, but then they run the DMV che
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil 10w40 compare in inboard 5.7liters by Johnny248 @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

They are all good choices actually. I used yonrun 10w30 marine Amsoil in my boat I/o. I have a uoa somewhere of it after a season and it looked fantastic still. In then switches to the ACD Amsoil 30/10w30. Same thing. Worked great this year it has Ro
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: OIl Specs API Class by PhilsSmallEngine @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

It mentions the absolute minimum specification. It gives you the lowest possible option that will not affect the engine negatively. Most people want to know the minimum and only some want to know what the manufacturer actually recommends. Most manual
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: OMG by Nick R @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: KrisZMy wife and I visited Japan last year and while we loved the visit, the Japanese obsession with child like looking women is very strange to say it nicely. But one thing is for sure, the anime theme is an excellent choice
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New Ford Transit E350 with Ecoboost 3.5--Oil Rec by IndyFan @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

I went ahead Sunday and changed the factory fill oil at 1500 miles. I went with M1 EP 5w30. I'll probably change it out again at either 3 or 5k, then I'll follow the OLM from there. That's been essentially my routine with every vehicle I've owne
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 95 Nissan Hardbody V6 1st gear grinding? by Anthony @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

I ended up letting Aamco do a full clutch job. I let them use their Luk clutch kit since I heard more good than bad about them. They used a Luk Rep Set which is supposed to be the OEM equivalent. The pedal is much stiffer than the stock clutch was.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: New hobby project - DIY speakers by MrHorspwer @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: sparky123F (which I'm using w/an entry level Music Hall TT) Funny how things work out. After a talk with the crew at Needle Doctor, I ended up with a Music Hall MMF-2.2 instead of the Rega. It should arrive on Thursday. I als
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: "Build and Price" for 2015 Colorado is up and live by 01rangerxl @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkM66Orders are coming in. http://www.kmov.com/news/local/GM-to-add-750-workers-to-Wentzville-plant-275305511.html Quote:Alan Batey, GMs North America president, says dealers already have ordered 30,000 pickups and 97,00
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Maxlife Dex/Merc in a 6F35 (Ford Fusion) ? by buck91 @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

Got to go back and read everyone reply, but I figured I'd post my $0.02 since its pretty applicable. For '11 F150 with 6spd auto (6r80?) spec's Mercon LV with 150k mile service interval. I have original fluid at 55-60k miles right now, recently tes
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Manhunt in my area. by tom slick @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

This is a neat website about abandoned institutions. http://artofabandonment.com/ Many of the people I worked with in the USAF went to school at Chanute.
Jump to new posts Re: Battery sudden death? Safe to jump? by grumpyoldman @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

Epilogue: I jumped it (started right up), drove it 0.5 miles home (during that two minute drive, a little electrical screwiness: the airbag light came on briefly), put a voltmeter on while the car was running (a pretty steady 14.2 V), turned the ca
Jump to new posts Re: best oil for Toyota's 3.5L 2GR-FE v6? by MaximaGuy @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

I use exclusively PP 5W30 with a 10K OCI on my 2011 Lexus ES350
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: No synthetic in Nissan/Tohatsu OB? by fisher83 @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

My new Yamaha 2.5 hp has similar wording in the owner's manual recommending against the use of synthetic. I thought it was a little strange too.
Jump to new posts Re: "New" 2004 Subaru Outback 4cyl? by Concours14 @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Bandito440 What size tires are on this? Whatever you buy, make sure to get an alignment done. I don't know what tires are on this. I won't know until I take delivery on it. I'm insuring it, titling it, tagging it before I e
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: is this the right stuff? by MaximaGuy @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Stick with OEM coolant. The cost delta is noise ... Maybe $7. Two gallons of gas!!!! You be the judge
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Testing Methods III: Shear in Hydraulic Fluids by MolaKule @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Very good comments. Another Hint: Consider some aspects of Fluid Dynamics such as cavitation, unsteady flow, shock waves, and the like.
Jump to new posts Re: Small Oil Leak...Remedy?...Valv Maxlife & AT205? by poiyt @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Gents...great replies...thanks. A few points: 1) I just added the maxlife. Will drive a few 100 mi; see what happens. 2) It's a small leak- finding and fixing would cost mucho $$$- guaranteed. 3) I'd like the leak stopped, iso just adding oil in the
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: JDQ-78X by Ramblejam @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Uh, do what? Oxidation stability and deposit control is a particular area of development in the HDEO marketplace.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Clearance oil at Advanced Auto by FutureDoc @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

I saw Peak for about $3 10 months ago on clearance at AAP... nothing there today when I checked.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Whay diesel oil turns black immediately after chan by TiredTrucker @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

Yeah, the soot level can be extremely low and the oil look like tar. I do 25,000 mile oil changes on my 12.7 Detroit and the oil looks black within the first 1000 miles, but the soot level at 25,000 miles is still less than 1%.
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 >