Recent Topics
New Ruger LC-9s
by HM12460
20 minutes 48 seconds ago
Would you buy on sale if you have a stash?
by Cristobal
21 minutes 25 seconds ago
Chevron Techron (20oz) for $5.94
by Tony_Mack
Today at 09:21 PM
In theory...
by BTLew81
Today at 09:10 PM
autozone battery warranty
by motor_oil_madman
Today at 09:09 PM
I need help with hydraulic fittings.
by joegreen
Today at 08:44 PM
06 Jeep GC 4.7 - Considering going thin
by Quark
Today at 08:33 PM
Looking for motor oil recomendations
by alosid
Today at 08:09 PM
OEM Battery quit on me!
by Rolla07
Today at 07:46 PM
Forcefield Pre-Filter ???
by David1
Today at 06:49 PM
Waterless Coolant
by expat
Today at 06:48 PM
How good is Motul X-Clean?
by M3m3x5
Today at 06:04 PM
Newest Members
alosid, ALRUI, RestoGuy, Jeffro, Socalwrencher
51958 Registered Users
Who's Online
76 registered (abycat, 4Scott4, ABerns, 123Saab, 05LGTLtd, 5 invisible), 1344 Guests and 179 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51958 Members
64 Forums
222403 Topics
3519758 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Ariens single stange snowthrower. by JTK @ Today at 08:24 PM

Thanks Bror. Pretty sure I'll keep atleast 2 totally functional snowblowers from now on, along with more fuel on hand! The 4 feet of snow on my roof scares the heck out of me, but I've got absolutely no safe way to remove it. 5-6ft on the ground,
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Vibe, Matrix, Corolla Tires: Help Me Choose by JustinH @ Today at 08:14 PM

I've been through two sets of Goodyear Eagles on my matrix. Did not like either set. Actually ended up buying two tires when I had an emergency on a Sunday, and ended up with a NTB house brand tire that has higher tread rating, higher speed rating,
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: How is Polaris's rep these days? by Srt20 @ Today at 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: live_to_huntI had a 2000 Polaris Expedition 425 it had many problems the starter went a few times. It would over heat. It didn't want to start in the cold. I bought a 2008 Sportsman I still have. It doesn't even have 200 miles o
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought Nokian Hakka R2's!! by Rolla07 @ Today at 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: IndyIanOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteThey're made in Russia, but the duty would have already been paid by DTD when they imported them into the US, no? That would make sense, but every time I've priced tires online from the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Article: Most Americans make less than $20/hr by dlundblad @ Today at 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsmOriginally Posted By: LT4 VetteIs that $25 an hour under the table ? That's what I was thinking too :^) Ahem.. $25 cash. Very good money indeed.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Nokian Hakka R2 winter tires by Rolla07 @ Today at 07:53 PM

THe Hercules look exactly like the Hakka R's...
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: I'm gonna do it! 10,000 mile oci. by Garak @ Today at 07:51 PM

That's not what I meant at all. TomNJ, being involved in the industry, related the story, as I recall, of QS covering a bunch of engines, as a matter of fact, when there were serious cold cranking problems with one of their multigrades sometime in t
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: New smartphone with smaller screen? by Srt20 @ Today at 07:49 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4OIPrwmeLOw Here ya go
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Which grease for caliper hats by Bluestream @ Today at 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: doitmyselfOriginally Posted By: BluestreamSuperlube. Not the cheapest, but one of the best Be aware that Superlube grease is not EPDM compatible. Maybe not, but none of my vehicles have EPDM
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Post your car in Winter Mode by rslifkin @ Today at 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladNice to see a 5.9 still on the road. I only know of one local to me.. it was owned by an older couple since new and later sold to their neighbors for a new and "improved" base model WK2. Come to think of it,
Jump to new posts Re: What are Friction Modifiers? by aquariuscsm @ Today at 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: JSRT4 Anyone know what kind of moly is used in Redline Oil ?. I just finished an OCI using Redline 5w30 and the most noticeable reduction in wear was aluminum (pistons), compared to previous runs on other oils. I'm thinking t
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Buying 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee tomorrow by Chriznat20@msn.com @ Today at 07:32 PM

Today I changed the oil and put in Edge 5w/30 and a Purolator oil filter - Im going to save the Mopar oil filter for the next OCI. The Jeep runs so nicely, I'd hate to do anything to it. But after buying it used, and with 103,000 miles, logic tells
Jump to new posts Re: Thinner oils wear more the engine at startup Proof by aquariuscsm @ Today at 07:27 PM

Video is also comparing a conventional to a synthetic. Of course a 5W30 synthetic is going to flow faster at cold temps than a 15W40 conventional. To make a fair comparison via viscosity,repeat the same test using a 5W30 synthetic vs a 0/5W40 synthet
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Drain Field Slowly Draining by sleddriver @ Today at 07:25 PM

This photo shows the hole I cut with a Sawzall in the fiberglass tank just above the outlet T. It was so close to the edge, I needed to cut a notch! An additional 6" here would have really helped. The yellow object is the top of the effulent fi
Automotive Lighting
Philips XtremeVision are amazing in my car and after three years they are still going. Both had oil spots straight out of the package, I cleaned them good to go.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The polar vortex is coming by Trav @ Today at 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: gman2304There for a minute I thought you were talking about the Republicans, but they don't take over until January....hence...I agree. +1 Thankfully they will be unemployed shortly.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
My brother in law bought plans for a 100mpg carburetor, at the time he had a Chevy Parkwood station wagon with a 400ci SB I don't think it worked. British cars with Lucas (points)distributors typically had 6-10 degrees of points scatter, from the f
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Thanks for the desmo update. Sounds like a good report on your Ducati.I will try 15-50 and drain it after a long run next time. Hope your shoulder heals quickly.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Mix Zerex Asian Car Coolant with G-05? by Tanama @ Today at 07:06 PM

Best option, a full radiator flush and add fresh coolant/water as recommended by the manufacturer. Almost any coolant available will work, in the proper concentration and within its specified lifespan.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: The A-10 Thunderbolt II heads back to Iraq by Tuffy1760 @ Today at 06:45 PM

Seen them quite a bit training here in the southern adirondacks. I was usually out in the boat fishing. used to be a weekly deal. had one fly over me at near treetop level once... Wow! They will go over there and hopefully make a difference. If t
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Rural King RK-16 oil filter cut open. by dlundblad @ Today at 06:45 PM

The very small ones like the 7317 appear cheaper. Not so much the 8A, 16 etc. The spec'd 9688 for my moms Elantra even looks that way.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Need to Replace Snow Thrower by NH73 @ Today at 06:37 PM

In the end of 2011, I was in the same predicament. Just moved into my new house which had a driveway on a hill to the road, no fooling around with snow. Decided I need a snow blower, started out thinking $700. Into my research, I have decided tha
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buzzing Sound from Rear end by BrandonVA @ Today at 06:35 PM

so i took it to the dealer today for the howling/grinding noise from the rear end. We thought it was a wheel bearing at first but the service tech didn't think so. He took me out to the bay with the car on lift, wheels off and I felt the bearings and
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Narrower Toilet Paper. by Lapham3 @ Today at 06:30 PM

There's a long list of such, and older folks remember many of them. I'm sure the business community knows that many folks notice and are 'turned off' by such practices, but many more are clueless and if 'everybody does it' there's no alternative
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Powerfoam by Antigen @ Today at 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: LoobedOriginally Posted By: gofastman it also makes a lot of smoke when you spray it in a running engine. Finaly, take care not to hydrolock the engine if you spray the stuff down the spark plug holes. ...and if you have a mo
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 >