Recent Topics
Cummins: Standpipe in fuel filter needed or not?
by Extreme-Duty
07/01/16 03:36 PM
Napa Canada, Magnatec, Delvac, Napa 15W-40
by Farmer
07/01/16 02:33 PM
Meijer 4 day sale (4th of july weekend)
by Kwuality
07/01/16 02:14 PM
Brakes for 2012 Subaru Legacy
by Picky1
07/01/16 01:56 PM
Microgreen Oil Filter 50% Off Discount Code
by kohnen
07/01/16 01:51 PM
Don't believe the hype of "never change the oil"
by Fsharp
07/01/16 01:30 PM
tzlk to me about aeroflot
by Jetronic
07/01/16 12:21 PM
My extended drain OCI did not go as intended...
by firemachine69
07/01/16 11:10 AM
Honesty
by stockrex
07/01/16 11:04 AM
Valvoline's New "Cobalt" Grease availability
by EdandSherry
07/01/16 10:47 AM
Mobil Delvac 1 5w40: where to buy?
by car51
07/01/16 10:38 AM
Honda EM7000is stored too long with fuel
by henni
07/01/16 10:04 AM
Newest Members
Jennyp, dcdodge, igolfat8, makomike, Alexas
58338 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (Bgallagher, Alex_V, 2015_PSD, andyd, Bebop367, 11 invisible), 1942 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58338 Members
66 Forums
251106 Topics
4116106 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep brakes by threeputtpar @ Today at 01:43 PM

Yes, it's an ATE brake system feature as my '03 A6 had the same design up front. I too tried to JB Weld them and the stuff just didn't stick to the brackets. I also had the misfortune to not know about using a machined rotor, and had the pads follow
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Motorcraft FL500S - 5316mi by HerrStig @ Today at 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: FutureDocOriginally Posted By: camrydriver111"Designed, engineered" Isn't that redundant? Not really. Designed is what your expect it to be... how the components are meant to come together to create a finished pr
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Scratched wheel by HerrStig @ Today at 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766Well on my my home from vacation i was going through my guages checking on everything and i noticed my RF tire was 5-7psi lower then all the others. So when i got home i checked it with my guage and i the tire is low
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DENSO IKH20TT quality question by inquirer @ Today at 01:29 PM

Mine too are made in Japan. Thanks for the update. The TT claim that they last for over 100,000 miles. I'll see that in practice.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: PAO in Mobil 1 0w-40 by userfriendly @ Today at 01:29 PM

Most vehicles, especially luxury brands nowadays, come with 2 years of free oil changes, after that time, most owners do not change their own engine oil. I have never heard or read a post from anyone with an engine oil related issue where warranty wa
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart.com PUPP 5W-20 $22.47 by HTSS_TR @ Today at 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: camryrollaAmazon just pricematched Walmart, so get Subscribe & Save for $19.10. After MIR, it is $9.10 per jug. I love competitions. One lowers price the other will match it and even gives another lower option. Walmart
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hot wall in house, what to do? by sleddriver @ Today at 01:19 PM

Wow...that's a mess. To seal that up right, you're going to have to remove the elevated closet floors for sure. Foam alone won't work. I'd suggest cutting sheetrock or 1/4" ply to cover the side open framing areas, then seal it all around the ed
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil announces 6% price hike by demarpaint @ Today at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: meborderOriginally Posted By: demarpaint It is funny. Actually the correct term is "engine will not blow up." Motors run on electricity. I find myself using the term motor for an engine occasionally. All gasoline
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Weird problem with laptop. Thoughts? by Colt45ws @ Today at 12:59 PM

Never mind, I was wrong! You can go to HDMI through MST. https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Disp...rds=MSTMDP123HD I'd give this hub a shot. It looks like you best chance of making this work.
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Ninth MG Coolant Filter Change - Pics by CT8 @ Today at 12:53 PM

This should be a stickie because there are those who always imagine the toilet paper will fall apart and travel into the engine. My self i learned a long time ago to not put money in a depreciating asset. I just maintain the vehicle just a little bet
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Price Of Gas.. Really Dropped Today. by HTSS_TR @ Today at 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: WarstudIt dropped like a rock today... Got some for $2.26 a gallon. Yes, we are back to $2.26 also...makes me wonder why it jumped all the way up to $2.79 a couple of weeks ago...nothing has really c
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol High mileage or Valvoline Maxlife by aquariuscsm @ Today at 12:40 PM

From personal experience I prefer Castrol over Valvoline.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: RAM help.... by daves87rs @ Today at 12:30 PM

Update: It was the RAM! Pulled out the old stuff...installed another 4GB of RAM....and she fired up with no issues at all! Have the desktop doing some stuff...but so far so good! Huge shout out and thank you to Danno for the help!!! Wife will b
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is the driving experience getting worse? by DBMaster @ Today at 12:29 PM

What I see are more drivers turning on the turn signals and leaving them on. Nine times out of ten they are looking in their laps at their phones or using one hand to have the phone plastered against an ear. I see this daily.
Grease
Just google for ISO 1000 grease. Or ISO 1500, if you are so inclined
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Truck bedliner - pros and cons and option by ryan2022 @ Today at 11:52 AM

Thanks a ton guys! Much appreciated. I'll keep a good eye on this one, and may spray seams and edges. I like the look of the rubber mats but agree, the sides would get beaten. Thanks again.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tie-Rod Brands? AcDelco, B&A, Mevotech, MOOG by another Todd @ Today at 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruckIf I were you I would go OEM. Order online. Tie-rods are critical. Aftermarket isn't good enough for me. When my Silverado needed them I went OEM and got good piece of mind. OEM replacements are not always the s
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Little different lube regimen on my 454 by another Todd @ Today at 11:33 AM

With your makeup oil, I would even be tempted to run it out to 18-24 months or 5000 miles, which ever comes first.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for FTO MIVEC used on track by Bud_One @ Today at 11:31 AM

Any pics of your FTO
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: ACDelco vs Valvoline oil filter by crazyoildude @ Today at 11:22 AM

I would use the a/c delco just in case there is a warranty issue...Less finger pointing.
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: VOA Schaeffer Surpreme 9000 5W-50 by MolaKule @ Today at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: userfriendlyWhat does all that moly do exactly? A gimmick? I see it as a big flashy lure to catch the 1st sucker that swims by. In this case, the moly acts synergistically with the ZDDP to function as both an Anti-Wear as wel
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Lubegard Biotech,my thoughts by Colt45ws @ Today at 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: bvance554Your oil life monitor doesn't analyze the oil flowing through the engine. You could fill it with that Dollar Tree oil posted here a few days ago and your oil monitor is going to react the same. It analyzes temp, rpm,
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Gear oil added to motor oil in engine by MolaKule @ Today at 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: double vanos ...When the car started going through the Rotella too quickly, we switched it over to 75w-140 and drove it for two more years that way, before basically throwing the car away. Needless to say smoke was ever present
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: Pass Word Changed? by MolaKule @ Today at 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: PontualI don't know, maybe ask a moderator, I'm outta here. Pontual, you need to use the password, "MolaKuleIZRight!!"
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Miata Race Car, M1 5w20 by dgunay @ Today at 11:06 AM

I would definitely use w30. w20 is recommended in North America, but w30 anywhere else in the world. You can even try w40. In fact, you don't need an O2 sensor. Since you always track your car, that means it always runs on open loop, and open loop e
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >