by buster
12/18/14 02:51 PM
My 7 year old and "Da Yoopers"
by eljefino
12/18/14 02:37 PM
Mixing ATF in Honda Accord
by mikael325
12/18/14 01:52 PM
DETECTIVES: What is my Camry's ACTUAL model code?
by SumpChump
12/18/14 01:23 PM
Pre-built system opinions wanted
by oilboy123
12/18/14 12:42 PM
Build a mini-audio amp with your kids for Xmas
by sleddriver
12/18/14 12:01 PM
Dodge Challenger/Charger owners w/Police wheels
by Blue_Goose
12/18/14 11:47 AM
Drove my Ecopia 422s in snow for the first time
by badtlc
12/18/14 10:59 AM
Chromecast better on phone than on laptop.
by mrsilv04
12/18/14 10:45 AM
World wide oil recommendations Acura 3.7L engine
by MajorCavalry
12/18/14 10:40 AM
M1 0w30 AFE in Volvo 2.4t?
by dlundblad
12/18/14 10:26 AM
A Montana man who set trap convicted of homicide.
by datech
12/18/14 10:00 AM
Newest Members
hellermedia, TimothyJ, Cuore_Sportivo, mikael325, mag44
52210 Registered Users
Who's Online
117 registered (1 FMF, 2KBMW, 147_Grain, 2010_FX4, 2012AccentSE, 1bioguy, 10 invisible), 1551 Guests and 165 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52210 Members
66 Forums
223605 Topics
3545434 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: whats more comfy on the hwy - Sportster or Triumph by buckeyejake @ Today at 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: whipI had a Sportster 1200S. I added highway pegs, and it was comfortable on the highway, and fun on the back roads. I'm not a power junky. I prefer to ride slow bikes fast instead of fast bikes slow. It had enough power to get
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Fram Ultra XG16 8K by ltslimjim @ Today at 12:31 PM

^I'd like to note 3k on conventional is simply an example, of course 3k miles on conventional for 6+ months in a dirty engine isn't going to be the best approach at cleaning an engine. If you stick with conventional to me that is even more reason to
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a stabilizer bar by rslifkin @ Today at 12:31 PM

I wouldn't add more rear bar without adding more front bar on a RWD vehicle (part time 4wd counts as RWD for this purpose). When turning, it'll pull more weight off the inside rear tire, reducing available drive traction (especially with an open dif
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Can one change ATF too often? by Smokescreen @ Today at 12:29 PM

Once a year for me, result: never had an automatic transmission issue.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 4 Ball Test... by HosteenJorje @ Today at 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: 1bioguyExcellent, thanks all. It helps when Im staring at the shelf. Now on to the Gold Bond two ball test........ The Gold Bond two ball test is much more accurate. Either it works or it doesn't.
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Chevy Impala: GM Oil, or Dino Substitute? by FutureDoc @ Today at 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Then it is interesting to note that in Wal Mart the Dexos Certified M1 is exactly the same sale price as "ordinary" synthetics. The last I looked, all the majors (castrol, QS, pennzoil, M1 etc) all had that
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: USA made wrench set by Silverado12 @ Today at 12:09 PM

Ebay is your friend
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by GSCJR @ Today at 11:54 AM

2004 Mazda Tribute 3.0L Out: Unknown oil and Luberfiner filter. In: SuperTech 5w-20 and Bosch premium filter.
Jump to new posts Re: Other Uses for Motor Oil by HosteenJorje @ Today at 11:53 AM

A lot of growers in my area use waste oil in their shops to heat with.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Zeibart RustProofing by jrmason @ Today at 11:50 AM

I considered zeibart when we bought the wife's Mountaineer new. They offer warranties on new vehicles and will pay 100% of the bill for the replacement of any panels that may rust, the stipulation is you have to take it in annually so they can touch
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Trailblazer SS - second UOA with high Fe by ltslimjim @ Today at 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: AlAs we used to say when the RedLine gave less than steller UOA's, "Its cleaning things up" The Cr is low so it is probably not coming from the cylinders. ^This. +1 The Red Line could definitely be cleaning thing
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Diesel Cruze / Dexos2 5W-30 by DS9 @ Today at 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker ESP is a CJ-4 rated oil also. M1 Truck Diesel oil, but not M1 ESP Formula The last is API CF http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_ESP_Formula_5W-30.aspx
Jump to new posts Re: new guy with a few questions by HosteenJorje @ Today at 11:39 AM

The only problem I have with Mobil I 0w-20 on the dipstick is seeing it. Even with 5000 miles on the oil, the level is hard to discern on the dipstick. My Camry V6 thanks me for using Mobil I every time I take it out.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investors....come in please! by Oldmoparguy1 @ Today at 11:36 AM

I keep losing little scores because I hesitate, paralysis of analysis, sort of... I was watching LINE, and got distracted. I was willing to buy, just wasn't sure of the price. If I would have cut a buy order at say $10, I would be a happy camper toda
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cuba topic got nuked without trace huh? by dnewton3 @ Today at 11:34 AM

There are a few ways a thread or post gets pulled. 1) if we, as mods, stumble upon it 2) is we, as mods, are notified of it If we don't see it and no one reports it, then it's understandable that some violations may not be addressed. The rules are V
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Battle of the Lame Tires - OEM rubbish by nthach @ Today at 11:32 AM

Dunlop SP Sport 4000T on my parent's Sienna.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: carfax or other vin websites? by BowNisPar @ Today at 11:29 AM

Spend 100 and get a trusted independent mechanic to inspect the vehicle. All those VIN checking services are nice, but are nothing more than database miners...and can miss things (or the problems weren't reported in the first place).
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Quite right. There is no track in the world, where in real life qualifying conditions one could ever possibly measure 1-2 hp(actual) difference between two motorcycles, that are for all intents and purposes identical. Even when ridden by the same ri
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you prefer a certain oil brand? by bruno @ Today at 11:17 AM

I start from the car manufacturers spec and look for an available oil that meets the spec .
Jump to new posts Re: Second Teir Sythentics by FutureDoc @ Today at 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian BarnhartTrying to establish tiers doesn't make much sense to me. Certainly not by brand. It would only make sense to me if it were according to testing requirements met. And even then, the “order” of the teirs would lik
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 06 MINI Cooper S - NAPA Syn5w30 - 10,221 mi by ltslimjim @ Today at 11:16 AM

Yes, if the UOAs look like this with the Lubro-Moly MoS2 don't change unless you were to change oils. It used to be NAPA Synthetic was the equivalent of Valvoline SynPower essentially?? Maybe others can correct me here as I haven't been on the site
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Which oil would you choose? by DS9 @ Today at 10:58 AM

@m37charlie 1. Welcome to the club. 2. Not sure for urea exactly (active regeneration of DPF), but almost certainly 3. Yes Page 57. 1KD-FTV Repair Manual http://gershon.ucoz.com/_ld/0/3_1KD-FTV_Prado-2.pdf
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: using coconut for baking by FastGame @ Today at 10:46 AM

You did not win because.. You didn't use coconut oil (or peanut oil), you used duck eggs, you took them out of the oven early. Now you can say I'm wrong but you lost and won't know if I'm right until the next contest. That said, I'm sure I would e
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Stud removal tool experience by Fred_Garvin @ Today at 10:35 AM

Yes even Snap On collets will turn on the threads. I have a select number of them but I rarely use them. The Stahlwille set is so much easier and quicker. If neither of these works it usually takes welding a nut to the base of the stud. Caterpillar
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: OBESE Driver - Cause Driver Side TIRE WEAR? by eljefino @ Today at 10:22 AM

If you were to pick two points on the rocker panels to balance a camry fore-to-aft it would be under the driver's (and front passengers) seat cushion. Presumably the spring rates are set up for this, though the rear would take more of an overload be
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >