Recent Topics
Building a pole barn
by SVTCobra
05/04/16 09:44 PM
Hemorrhoids ?
by Merkava_4
05/04/16 09:40 PM
Well, I jumped on the ecoboost bandwagon...
by tomcruise
05/04/16 09:18 PM
2016 Audi S3 - EA888 Gen 3 - Factory Fill - 2007mi
by agpatel
05/04/16 09:16 PM
Can you live without credit cards?
by motor_oil_madman
05/04/16 09:04 PM
OC on W201 with LiquiMoly Leichtlauf HT 5W-40
by IllinoisSparky
05/04/16 08:54 PM
The Nooner
by MolaKule
05/04/16 08:14 PM
how often are you guys buying new tires
by bowlofturtle
05/04/16 07:56 PM
Why are some experienced people so conceited?
by motor_oil_madman
05/04/16 07:49 PM
alternative to Netstumbler...
by daves66nova
05/04/16 07:05 PM
Unable To Play Burned CD's in Car Player
by sleddriver
05/04/16 06:58 PM
Visiting Hudson Bay?
by JHZR2
05/04/16 06:54 PM
Newest Members
NatedeScate, Bogie69, Cali, Fyko, Palmer
57794 Registered Users
Who's Online
104 registered (alcyon, 06AllAmerican, abycat, 19jacobob93, 2KBMW, 11 invisible), 0 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57794 Members
66 Forums
248484 Topics
4063638 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost by sciphi @ Today at 07:46 PM

Impressive numbers. We really are in the Golden Age of horsepower. I bet Ford did a lot of research into longevity. Modern turbos with water and oil cooling stay pretty cool, and modern metallurgy helps keep wear down. It's more maintenance than de
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella T5 10w30 or QSUD 5w30 by GumbyJarvis @ Today at 07:41 PM

The Hyundai Rep also dropped this on me. PYB/QSAD = 3k OCI PGB/QSED = 4k OCI PP/PUP/QSUD = 5k OCI Rotella T5/T6 = 5k OCI Helix = 5k OCI
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Back w another question...motors by southernjeeper @ Today at 07:39 PM

nice to know. But since the Shos are having the hush hush work on them. I would not go that route even tho a parts man at a dealer said the Sho engines and 4.3 regular yammys are about the same price. Newer ain't always better. Plus I have read a
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 F-150 3.5 twin turbo V6 by Bladecutter @ Today at 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackSomeday soon it may become illegal to open your hood. With certain occasional members of the forum, that might be a good thing. It would prevent the certain death of yet more cars. BC.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: 303 Aerospace protectant question by JHZR2 @ Today at 07:37 PM

Silicone oils. Not necessarily silicone polymers... Originally Posted By: qwertydudeAll of the thin milky protectants are just a PDMS (silicone) solution that is the active ingredient nothing else. Hence why as far as ingredients go none other are
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: 747-400 versus 747-8 by fdcg27 @ Today at 07:33 PM

Wow! Reading the wiki piece, it sounds like everyone aboard was lucky that the flight had a sharp crew who maintained their calm and worked the problem with helpful advice from NWA maintenance personnel. The aircraft was landed with no injuries to an
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dividends by linkbelt @ Today at 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: WarstudIt looks like the Correction is underway folks. Good!
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wiper insert spring steel by raytseng @ Today at 07:31 PM

You got to just buy a whole new wiper blade once in awhile from dealer or other oem store. How much trouble are you going through to save $20? How did you lose the old one? So if it's Toyota look up the Toyota part. Not the Toyota equivalent or aft
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Why you guys need to seal the bleeder screw ? Air does go through bleeder screw into Mityvac container, it is not possible for air to go through bleeder screw back into the brake system. I bleed brake systems many times and never had problem with ai
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
I'd avoid a freedom group 1911 (Remington) at all cost. I would actually prefer a Rock Island, Arsmocor, or other made in Philippines 1911 to a Remington. The Springfield is always a good choice.
Jump to new posts Re: TBN for Oil Change by Justin251 @ Today at 07:22 PM

I'm still not 100% sure what TBN even is. And I've read the motor oil university. I see oils that start at like a 6 TBN and some say how great or bad it is and needs to be higher. Then others have an 11 or 12 and then some complain about no moly
Jump to new posts Re: How do you guys do it? by SirTanon @ Today at 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROriginally Posted By: Duffyjr I'm not due for the OC until the end of the month I about can't stand it. Not sure I can make it! Just look at the oil bottles/jugs in you stash and say "I'm good for X number of years&
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: BMW X1 / N20 2.0L Turbo - what oil ? by Bryanccfshr @ Today at 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46BMW Twin Power Turbo 5W-30 That's what I said! Just order 5 -1 liter bottles and the filters and o rings and know you have the correct specs and amount of oil (no dipstick) I change my oil 1 time a year in my n20 . I
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: House electrical panel buzzing by JHZR2 @ Today at 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitI've never had an electrical panel make noise. I suppose if it's a mediocre quality system then it might just be normal vibrations. However, if it were mine I'd start by turning off 1/2 of the breakers and wait 5 minu
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Car: 2015 Camry by Delta @ Today at 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr NiceI know this thread is old but I'll probably select a Camry SE for my next company car. I can choose from a few but the more I see the restyled Camry, the more I like them. I don't like the red stitching on the seats / da
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru Oil Burning Class Action by GaryMX5 @ Today at 06:58 PM

Subaru will do a test if you believe you are having an oil consumption issue. They check the oil level and then seal the dip stick and drain plug. You drive the car for a specific mileage and then they check it. They were charging for this test which
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD in Ecotec: 2 qts. consumed in 3K ! by 209paulc @ Today at 06:45 PM

Same engine in my Terrain @ 70k started using rotella 40 wt...currently at 110k consumes 1qt every 5k.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Cavalier by CBR.worm @ Today at 06:38 PM

We had an '84 w/ 3 speed. Ours was fairly basic w/ sport seats, A/C and crank Windows. Bought it new and kept it for almost 12k miles. In that time it had an oil pressure sensor Come out and drain the engine pretty quickly. Engine was replaced un
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: how to verify oil in a manual transmission by yvon_la @ Today at 06:34 PM

dam! this look complicated. i know on big rig we used to check diff oil with finger( bad idea) and the the proper way is to fill it from the top till the weep hole thread have a bit of oil on it ,but since the official weep hole isnt marked usually
Heavy Equip. and Industrial Oils
Jump to new posts Re: 15W-40 Delo, Delvac or Rotella For KUBOTA turbo by pburchett @ Today at 06:20 PM

I just googled it. I do not remember the exact site...
Engine Oil Filters
In the last year to date? Im not really certain to be totally honest. The majority have been yellow can p1s. The only time I use classics is on one of my father in laws cars. It has a wicked oil leak, enough that he adds like 5 quarts a week ,
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Most wrench sets don't contain a 18mm wrench ? by Traction @ Today at 05:55 PM

Could have used another skipped 23mm size today on some badly swelled stupid lug nuts on a Dodge truck! Suppose to be 7/8 which didn't fit, or a 22mm, or even a special 22.5mm socket. 24mm too big, but I seem to be missing a 23mm for sure.
Automotive Lighting
I appreciate your input on your recommendation I ordered The Nighthawks for about $16 on Amazon I also ordered the right and left hand new housing units for the headlights for the front of the car I will post back up when it's all put together
Jump to new posts Re: Question on a VIN number.. by dblshock @ Today at 05:53 PM

07/06 THANKS! they change some part numbers predicated on mfg. date. weird.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Free Riding Mower Needs a Carb by tig1 @ Today at 05:50 PM

I took the carb off my sons mower today(Briggs) because the engine was surging. I simply took the carb apart, cleaned with carb cleaner, and blew out the all the holes with air. Put it back together and it runs great. I did install a fuel filter to p
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >