by xBa380
04/28/15 07:23 AM
anyone know how to make a good cyl piston soak
by lobe
04/28/15 06:40 AM
Every Brand Mix Blend
by Thugzy
04/28/15 06:35 AM
Before you wised up here, ever do stupid stuff?
by ledslinger
04/28/15 06:22 AM
the backwards steering bicycle
by Rick in PA
04/28/15 04:18 AM
Newest Members
Ducky106, 1duck, Rdr, myrand, oh_crap
53766 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (97tbird, 440Magnum, 29662, 02s4audi, 901Memphis, AdRock, 12 invisible), 1861 Guests and 214 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53766 Members
66 Forums
230455 Topics
3689490 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: car tool box kit - which? by HangFire @ Today at 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: skyactivI'm a mechanic and I the only tool in my car is an air pressure gauge. What are you going to do if your starter dies 100 miles from home? Pull some jack stands and a floor jack out of your trunk? I suggest wasting the mo
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone running the Windows 10 Technical Preview? by bornconfuzd @ Today at 09:09 AM

Here's the thing. I'm just not sure what Windows 10 is bringing to the table that's worth all the fuss. Except that it's FREE! Ok, DirectX 12. That's not going to make a difference in my life, nor will it in most people's lives. Spartan, the &qu
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra - where's the manufacturer date code? by Ed_Flecko @ Today at 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: MotorkingEd, It is laser engraved near the tapping plate. It can be hard to see\ Thanks Jay! Ed
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Zoro Rebate Code April 28 by Y_K @ Today at 09:01 AM

Expires midnight CT tonight. Code BLOOM 15% OFF $75+ 20% OFF $150+ 25% OFF $300+
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
The 650 Suzuki V-Twin engine appears to be very easy on oil from all the posts that I've read over on the Adventure Rider and Stromtrooper Forums. Many like that bike there, especially the engine. The Rotella T 15W-40 is an excellent choice.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 IS250 - Oil reducing carbon buildup by Brigadier @ Today at 08:57 AM

Where do you think that oily vapor originates? Oil and gas....seems pretty straight forward to minimize the effects by using top quality fluids. Originally Posted By: OlasIt's not about oil or fuel, they make ZERO difference to carbon buildup. EGR
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a fan of Naked Juices? by SVTCobra @ Today at 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: DriveHardIs drinking Naked Juice like drinking Mountain Dew? Mountain Dew and Naked Green Machine have more in common than being green: they both have about 60 grams of sugar in a bottle. And a good percentage of that sugar is
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Same PSI yet oversized by ARCOgraphite @ Today at 08:49 AM

API ILSAC was addressing issue with the new SN spec where previous API/ILSAC and ethanol fuel dilution of crankcase sump was causing filter clogging. I do not know the chemical mechanism involved aND IT WAS MORE AT E85 but E10can be way over
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: DMCA You can no longer work on your car by horse123 @ Today at 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TRNotable absent from the list are Audi, Fiat, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Honda, Nissan ... Um honey, Audi and Lamborghini are VW group
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Kumho Solus KR21 by Errtt @ Today at 08:43 AM

Current tires on the wife's SUV is KR21's. Only because they had a full set of 4 in size and was able to put them on right then instead of me returning later that day or next day for a couple others I was looking to get in size... I didn't want to re
Jump to new posts Re: Deer hits van. by HangFire @ Today at 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: ecotouristMy advice - get an estimate from the best body shop you know of before talking about any settlement. Good advice! Originally Posted By: Joel_MDI have been paid directly from the insurance company, when I have declin
Jump to new posts Re: Where to buy Phillips 66 Trop Artic ?? by dlundblad @ Today at 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Kruse My wife and I have commented many times about how hard it is to say and remember. Initially, it was also hard to remember the spelling when you wrote out the check. The chain used to be called Wheelers. (Simple to remembe
Jump to new posts Re: anyone know how to make a good cyl piston soak by friendly_jacek @ Today at 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4Berryman B-12 Chemtool will loosen all of the crud in the piston lands. Allow it to soak overnight. You will need to change the oil (likely twice--once immediately after and another within 500 miles or so). agree. i
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 Ford Focus Air Filter Housing Rant by Miller88 @ Today at 08:36 AM

I have California Emissions and PZEV ... yet I have the regular air filter on mine. Go figure. And they aren't cheap since it's super rare to have a real air filter.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Leather care? by Errtt @ Today at 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: wemayOriginally Posted By: aquariuscsmWalmart has all the Lexol brand stuff. ...as well as Autozone here. Got my Lexol at AZ too.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy an '07 Prius w/ 200K? by friendly_jacek @ Today at 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: dvancleveThe hybrid battery on my wife's Prius failed at 90xxx miles, just within the warranty for a 2006. yup, hybrid or electric batteries are no match for the AZ sun. nissan leaf owners found it the hard way (massive dep
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a new Silverado by Sierra048 @ Today at 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim74Originally Posted By: millerbl00I know very well. 6 months of arbitration, I know. Just hate to see consumers get burned by big auto... Glad I just now figured out how to mute this guy. My gawd.... So anyway, from my t
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Deadblow hammer by Traction @ Today at 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: andydFor stuck wheels, I use an 8' 4x4. Works great. It does work great for stuck wheels that a dead blow won't budge. I use a landscape timber with a short axel and 2 lawnmower wheels 2ft back from the end, with a handle on to
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New website at Tirerack.com by HangFire @ Today at 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By: fdcg27Originally Posted By: HangFireOriginally Posted By: RandI have an LG G3 the old site was mobile friendly But maybe not Google-Mobile-Friendly. Their new specs are brutal. Who cares? Tirerack.com cares, because non-co
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
It's supposedly decent, but so mysterious. Non dextron rating threw me off for sure (wish this car were manual ). http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1479373/1 Anyways, I performed the flush. 12 quarts in 12 quarts out. htt
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: My Franken-Mantis by 1duck @ Today at 07:59 AM

Surely the throttle cable still pulls upwards on the linkage though, so with the carb turned upside down it pulls upwards straight into the throttle stop screw? I'm probably just being stupid here and for that I apologise. I'm just having a hard time
Jump to new posts Re: Adjustable drawbar for towing by rslifkin @ Today at 07:50 AM

A lot of vehicles have a pretty high hitch height relative to most smaller trailers. A friend's 2 horse bumper pull needs a 4 inch drop to sit level behind the Jeep, even after the suspension droops a bit from the tongue weight. Behind an early 200
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mazda 0W20 Synthetic 7000kms by badtlc @ Today at 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: StewieIsn't this normal for DI engines?? 10% is probably b/c you short tripped too much No.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts 20% off sale at Oscaro Parts by NormanBuntz @ Today at 07:41 AM

It's an anniversary sale of 20% off all purchases through May 3 at www.oscaroparts.com.
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bypass wizards check in, Cat 1R-0749 by A310 @ Today at 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: GreasymechtechOil flow is just as important as PSI. In a standalone, any flow thru the bypass is flow skipping the load areas...like the bearings. When measuring oil PSI, sender should be as far away from the pump. Variable
Page 3 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 26 27 >