Recent Topics
Is there value going from Mobil 1 syn to Extended?
by Vern_in_IL
11/28/15 04:29 AM
Subaru Super Coolant?
by Mike Simmons
11/28/15 02:52 AM
Auto painter say don't use this grease or lube.
by Exhaustgases
11/28/15 12:44 AM
Toyota Body Grease
by Exhaustgases
11/28/15 12:40 AM
when the cold war was pretty Warm
by expat
11/27/15 11:56 PM
Filter not to buy
by WobblyElvis
11/27/15 11:42 PM
Menards 99cent QS Synthetic
by John_K
11/27/15 11:21 PM
Pennzoil Platinum 0W-40 Euro
by mattwithcats
11/27/15 10:49 PM
iPad gurus needed.... AppStore app gone!
by SumpChump
11/27/15 10:42 PM
10,000 miles on Denso iridium tt spark plugs
by Kool1
11/27/15 10:01 PM
Hooking up Icemaker
by Tdbo
11/27/15 09:57 PM
T56 Fluid, heat, and road racing......
by PintoDave
11/27/15 09:51 PM
Newest Members
JockeyEwing, Starman2112, hollandbr2, bassjammer7, darringusko
56150 Registered Users
Who's Online
30 registered (bbhero, Char Baby, barkingspider, 02FocusZX5, car51, Atesz792, 3 invisible), 412 Guests and 114 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56150 Members
66 Forums
241178 Topics
3907001 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Tools Made in the USA by BikeWhisperer @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

I worked with a guy once who owned both a set of Snap On (USA) and Blue Point (Taiwan made from Snap On) metric combination wrenches. Both were extremely well made and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two in your hand. But jus
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Second order in a row screwed up by Rock Auto by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

I order parts off of Amazon. They're usually cheaper too.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: What oil for 2011 Camry trans by Greasymechtech @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Nothing strange about poor shift quality when a wrong fluid is used. Redline now has a DCTF that should work well. And, as before, MTL is considerably thinner than MT90 and a good starting point. 40c/100c visc RL MT90 90/15.6 cst RL MT85 (
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Struggling with a 2009 Taurus by engineer20 @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

the light hasn't gone off and it's been about a week. I'll have Belle Tire inspect it for a leak next Tuesday, but hopefully the car is fine.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Car & Driver - winter tire test by LotI @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: krzyssThe C&D committed winter tire test. It is a little narrow as it tests ice and snow performance (no dry or wet to be found) but they did stopping, acceleration and handling tests. Looser - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ;-)
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: QS "4X4 and "horsepower" by wemay @ Yesterday at 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: car51I have 15 quarts total of this oil that's 2004 and 2007 for donation or sale. I have no need for a 10w30. I got this oil for $20 and helping a friend clean out his garage. I'd rather give it to someone that can use it.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Which of these winter tires should I pick? by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: spasm3Usually i don't care for the look of aftermarket wheels( of course for snow tires it does not matter). But those wheels look good! Almost too nice for snow tires! I'm generally NOT a fan of aftermarket wheels. I was ori
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: MG "B" Series Engines and Oils by expat @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BrocLunoYou can use the points to trigger the CDI and take all of the current load off the points. They last much longer that way. And, if you need to, you can convert back in a parking lot... But you still have the potent
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Motomaster Multi-Vehicle synthetic ATF (Canada) by akela @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: FarmerFreaking idiots are working at your Napa then. I'll do you a favour and get you the part number. I bought 5L jugs from my Napa a few months ago. I had no issues getting it. Make sure you get it for the sale price. Some Na
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Master Cyllinder Bench Bleed Methods by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: jr047This is the last time I try to be helpful, to share something that has worked for me, because now I know I will be "called on the carpet" just so someone else can be entertained. I have better things to do than
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: BMW Motorsports uses 0w-40 Off da Shelf by Shannow @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

It's advertising fluff...not "condoning", or recommending anything. Ads aren't documentaries.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 50% Off Craftsman 21 pc. Ti Coated Drill Set by sleddriver @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

True. Definitely NOT cobalt. However I've been using a set of B&D HHS twist drills for way over a decade now and only within the last few years, broke several of the smaller dia. Then caught the 1/2" in a bind and snapped it! It happened far
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Hankook I*Cept Evo2 W320 by userfriendly @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

I buy the Hankook Optimo S4 in 225/50/17 98V. They seem to be a good wearing snow flake and rain tire. The V rated sizes are built far better than the lower speed rated S4s. In 3 weeks new 275/65/20 studded Hankook RW 11s go on the beater pick-up.
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: Some pages never finish loading? by BigD1 @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

Solved! No more spinning circles. Blocked all the social media scripts that were causing the problem.
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Another bearing friction/warmup paper by userfriendly @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Warm up observation today Allison transmission Chev 2500; Start -13c 1/2 km @ 3 minutes 0c 10 minutes 30c 15 minutes 36c max engine rpm 1500 Trans fluid Pet-Can Dura-Drive.
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by userfriendly @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Duron XL 0w30 AC Delco filter 2500 GMC duramaxxx.
Jump to new posts Re: OCI for low mileage vehicle? by JR @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

I do not track any of my vehicles, but do have a few that fall in your low miles/hours operation situation. I do not base my oci's based by time, I use miles/operation/etc. I ussually run my oil in these vehicles to the shortest oem interval, ussuall
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by 01rangerxl @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Small crack in crankcase by sweezy722 @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Quicksteel. Had a 3 inch hole in a 2040 John Deere diesel. My dad wanted to have it brazed and it was his tractor, It leaked bad. A little time with a grinder to clean it up and 2 tubes of quicksteel and it has been running for 5 years now. Use a li
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Pepboys ad by Newreet @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Follow the limits stated on the rebate form(s), not the limits mentioned in the advertisement.
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 WRX Oil by Shannow @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: CATERHAMAnd no one has mentioned the downside of using a heavier oil; namely, reduced oil flow on start-up and during warm-up when most normal engine occurs. At least you've now come around acknowledging the warm-up phase.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: You Won't believe this: by Gebo @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

well, what happened? I gots to know....
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat oil tests by kschachn @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BrocLunoI don't understand folks who won't look outside the industry and their captive testing houses ... Well Garak and I both offered you alternative tests, why didn't you go with our suggestions? They are just as relevant.
Jump to new posts Re: Software to give away by bornconfuzd @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Dragon 12 Home is gone!
Jump to new posts Re: commuting on a fatty by Number_35 @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric SmithInteresting review.. still waiting on snow here. Last year I quit in November but this year want to keep commuting even through the cold, snow and ice. Not sure how the current tires will do. May either get studded tir
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 >