by Turtleboy
Today at 04:46 AM
Small hole in y pipe
by madRiver
Today at 04:11 AM
Made it 30 days smoke free
by Marco620
Today at 02:08 AM
Anyone w/experience refinishing AT steel plates?
by Oro_O
Today at 01:58 AM
When it feels like too long......
by daves87rs
Today at 01:44 AM
New Honda Accord Hybrid
by JHZR2
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
thinner grease for wheel bearings a hypothetical
by hansj3
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
Fram TG3506 cut open 5500 miles
by jmb3675
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
Why do T6 gallons not have batch/date markings?
by mrsilv04
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W-20 Motor Oil- Feel Me!
by AirgunSavant
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Valvoline Hat Rebate 2015 and More
by anl0109
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Cyclone Oil Separator
by Snoman002
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Newest Members
ryanm8, csammons, TOYJOETA, be3, Earl_Von_Syntec
54893 Registered Users
Who's Online
53 registered (Brad_C, Bob5150, bullwinkle, 209paulc, Al, buck91, 4 invisible), 859 Guests and 83 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54893 Members
66 Forums
235154 Topics
3783091 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to the country by GMFan @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Go with your gut on this. Growing up in what most would call a "rural" area all of my life it can be kinda lonely sometimes but rural areas have a much greater sense of freedom than cities. However do keep in mind that it is VERY differen
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Fiat/Chrysler to buy back pickups by dishdude @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

There is so little difference between modern cars, I am not sure reliability or quality can even be accurately measured. Add in there are way too many variables about how people treat their cars or even have the ability to accurately complete those s
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What a 500,000 mile NYC Taxi Valvetrain Looks Like by friendly_jacek @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: ExMachinaOriginally Posted By: stchmanBecause 99.9% of the start ups and shut downs are when the engine has reached operating temperature. Those hot-oil start-ups are only worrisome because its low viscosity thin hot oil at zer
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline Hat Rebate 2015 and More by CT8 @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

The Valvoline website really is terrible! I hope they didn't pay for it.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Need thoughts on improving Rainier lighting by DeepFriar @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

They quote a six degree beam. Aimed slightly away from oncoming traffic that should work if true. I may have to buy one to find out though. I know it's not an optimum plan but....
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mazda3 noise after rear brake/rotor install by hansj3 @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

Backing plate clearance is small causing contact after it warms up?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator PL14477 C&P by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: skaughtz Does anyone have the Fram Ultra model/part numbers for a 2012 Civic LX 1.8L and 2007 Camry LE 2.4L? They look pretty darn robust and I'd like to give them a shot when I take the current filters off of my cars. XG731
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Possible Fram Ultra issue by SilverC6 @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: SilverC6Oh, I get it. You're trying to keep your Purolator "cheap shot" count up....... Says the master of Fram cheap shots ... FRAM unsells itself. They don't need my help. Ju
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Switched to ATF in the Primary by DoubleWasp @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

I'm going 50k miles with Amsoil Type F in my primary. Still shifts better than OEM fluid, and no issues on my 03 RK.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Accord Hybrid by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Well I got one... Post to come...
Transmission Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Spin on transmission filter and ATF temps by DoubleWasp @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

Your transmission cooler is a larger restriction than an XG8 filter probably ever will be, even if you never changed it. I would cease worrying about it immediately. If you have a stacked cooler arrangement (in-radiator, then flowing to external air
Jump to new posts Re: Would you sacrifice engine life...... by Snoman002 @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Starting increased wear would decrease fuel economy more than the gains by thinner oil only assumes the wear happens at light operation and steady loading. There may not be additional wear when cruising down the highway, when mpg matters most, but t
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Fram Filtration XG7317 Ultra 19,275 mi by DoubleWasp @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

UOA will tell the tale.
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: oil bath filters (like from the 60's) by DoubleWasp @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

My big Hyster lift has one. It filters the air from the top of the driver cage before hitting the cyclone cap inside the paper filter housing, and then hits the paper filter itself before going into the engine.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cooling your engine after driving? by DoubleWasp @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Yeah, I do this, then I draw the shades, hide the ski mask, and start counting. Seriously? Traffic is going to fry your engine bay like an egg compared to after-shutdown. I'm going well over 100k miles in FL, without a single solitary cooldown with
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 10:05 PM

I wouldn't be surprised.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: least expensive usable oil filter? by BikeWhisperer @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

If your a 3k-5k OCI guy, then just go with Wix made house brand filters like Napa Proselect/Silver, Microguard, etc. Fram Extra-Guard would be just fine too. Not a fan of Purolator made filters due to the well documented media tear issues, but most l
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tesla motor by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Mercedes makes the electric motor for Tesla ?
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Advance Auto Parts Oil Special Scam by cptbarkey @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2highYou guys are so incredibly retarded. you must have not read how to make friends and influence people.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ram drain plug gasket by dishdude @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

My experience is American cars have a built in rubber o-ring on the drain plug that lasts the life of the car, imports have a crush washer that needs replaced each time it is removed.
Jump to new posts Re: First oil change at 10,000 miles? by DoubleWasp @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

Did first oil change in the little lady's E350 at 13,000 miles. Drain plug had next to nothing on it. Filter looked like this: Inside of the filter mount looked like this: Under the oil fill cap, I saw unstained Delrin guides, clean chain, a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trivia, feel free to add. by cjcride @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Look at the moon tonight, that's a Blue Moon.
Jump to new posts Re: PQIA list of oils banned by certain states. by maximus @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Kira Therefore use of the term "Ghetto oil" makes it sound like you're bigoted. According to who and what?
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Is it cost effective to buy a pistol out of state? by ArrestMeRedZ @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

A number of states are using the FFL to mandate collection of sales tax. The state's position is the sales tax is due on all internet sales. This is one of the few they can collect, by making the third party collect it. They are doing this in Neva
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Leaking floor jack repair. by Pop_Rivit @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

It's a floor jack. It's about as simple a hydraulic system as you can imagine. Take it apart, figure out what it needs, get the parts, and put it back together. You're better off with an older repaired floor jack than a made in China Harbor Freigh
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >