05/31/16 08:23 PM
Barium
by Hullthumper
05/31/16 07:25 PM
Newest Members
alex_at, AudiTDI, Denisdog, bcs4, Bart_B
58036 Registered Users
Who's Online
28 registered (BigD1, bbhero, crazyoildude, Atesz792, cwing6, 69GTX, 2 invisible), 541 Guests and 99 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58036 Members
66 Forums
249652 Topics
4087764 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Fuel injector cleaner that will run the engine? by Pontual @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

I do my own and it worked fine. If you will pm me and I give you my thoughts.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Tacoma ATF Change? by jimbrewer @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

I moved on from OCD oil change intervals to premature changes of the transmission and differential fluids on my car. Those probably aren't justified either, but at least it's more plausible that the diff will need changing before 150K miles.If nothi
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: '88 Cadillac smog (Emission test) fails by spasm3 @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

here is a discount code for 5% off. enter it in the "how did you hear about us" box. 4638796620754064
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Rislone or stp ethanol fuel treatment by Indiana79 @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: splinterWhat conditions, issues and/or symptoms are you attempting to 'treat' with these types of treatments? Well I'm trying to solve the issue of fuel going bad in my small equipment that sits for months at a time. I have tr
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Dust caps needed to protect wheel bearings? by Ducked @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: eljefinoA hubcap is good to have IMO to keep rust from happening at the wheel to hub flange interface. OTOH they aren't waterproof and might just keep humidity in on a good day. If it bothers you its easy enough to improvise
Jump to new posts Re: Does this tail pipe pic tell you anything? by Pontual @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Are you running on E85? That's CLEAN!
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Which butter do you all use? by Fsharp @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

I grew up on margerine and now prefer the taste Excuse me while I go slather some blue bonnet on some wonder bread and wash it down with a glass full of Tang
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get the last drop? by otis24 @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

After pouring a quart in the engine, i set the bottle on its side so the oil runs from down to a low point, then I pour the next quart. After pouring the last quart, i go back to the first qt, etc..., then pour the last bit out till it stops driping.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got to drive my Camaro! by clinebarger @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

While I had the exhaust off, I yanked the transmission & installed a 3000-3200 stall Circle-D 278mm Torque Converter, Get's the 5.3L into it's torque band instantaneously but not real loose at part throttle, I have a Staked Plate Auxiliary Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Rough idle, stalling by otis24 @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

The vehicle was continuing to stall more frequently. A friend suggested it was the Idle Air Control Valve. After reading about Faulty IAC symptoms, this sounded like a proper diagnosis. He has a 91 S10 with the same engine. I had already purchased
Jump to new posts Re: Diagnosing HEI ignition module and ignition system by Fsharp @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: RobensteinOriginal poster is not using a factory HEI setup, he is running a Petronix electronic ignition conversion on a stock points distributor. I put one of these in my Nova back around 2001, but for the life of me I forgot
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: What Brand or Octane gas do you like to use? by AMC @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

My Yamaha requires 91 or higher octane. 93 Octane with 10% ethanol is all my area has. Gulf brand fuel is the lowest price I can find so that is what I use. The 10% ethanol is required by law here so there is nothing I can really do about that. I do
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Security Camera system by Rand @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en Can we see how the camera shows the outdoors, looking out that bay window after dark? IR LED wont shine through a window so it doesnt work through a window after dark unless you have bright lights. Thats my UPS
Jump to new posts Re: Caliper question by Bladecutter @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Supton, The other thing to consider would be the rubber brake line. If those start to degrade internally, they may cause a caliper to drag slightly when the brake fluid can't return to the master cylinder freely after you remove your foot from the b
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Electrical shock at the grocery store by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris142WinCo here.my wife hates shopping there because she gets zapped Bless Her! I get zapped at WinCo too! Tell your Wife I said "Thank you" for saving my sanity!
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan Sentras by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Peakboy91Okay another question on this, Since you guys had mentioned having he oil analysis done, where would I get that done? You can pick up the kit at Napa. Part number 4077. Instructions are on the box.
Jump to new posts Re: Towing what to look for? by BrocLuno @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

It is. Have fun
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Super Tech #3614 CUT OPEN by WellOiled @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: KCJeep"Filter cutter of legendary status". Nice work! +1 Originally Posted By: KCJeepNever had a problem with any of the budget Wix made filters although I'd not care to run them much more than 5k. JMO. Napa "
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: The Top Dexos2 Oil Available in the USA is What? by edyvw @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Best F100Is there anyone who knows if Mobil 1 5W30 ESP will functionally work as well as any of the Dexos2 rated suggestions for this vehicle? It has a SA of only 0.6. If not, what are the drawbacks (other than lack of Dexos2 ce
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 75w90 LS for 2010 Camaro SS by MrHorspwer @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

2010 Camaro uses an AAM TracRite PC limited slip. PC = Plate Clutch
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Lowes charcoal sale by Nyogtha @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

I like hardwood lump in my offset smokers and Akorn for low ash production. http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag95.htm http://royal-oak.com/product/natural-lump/royal-oak-hardwood-lump http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bb-charcoal-co-20-lb-
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Got a great deal at Walmart yesterday. by WellOiled @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Here is the proof that sometimes the Purolator made Motorcraft filters tear. Dome end tear. Thread end tear.
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil - Strategic Direction by Cokeboy @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

20w50 in synthetic is scarce. There is the HD label for Harley Davidson & clone v- twins that use SJ in conventional. There is 20w50 Valvoline VR1 synthetic & conventional racing. Amsoil might have the largest market share for this niche mark
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting oil pressure vs engine RPM by userfriendly @ Yesterday at 08:03 PM

Old NA domestic V8 engines blocks are not typically skirted or X-bolted, and flex under load. On top of that; pile on crank flex, harmonics and who knows what else which add up to a .003" rod & main clearance engine build. An increase in be
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: CARQUEST Premium Oil Filter by Nyogtha @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog For that application, get the M1-404. A reasonable price at AAP/CQ, the same price as any M1 can Well since I got him 15 qts. Castrol 5W-40 Euro, 4 qts. Castrol 0W-40 Euro (Germany), 1 qt. Castrol 0W-40 Eur
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 >