Recent Topics
Stens 120-345 cut open
by DSparks
1 minute 55 seconds ago
What is replacing the General Altimax HP?
by tommygunn
3 minutes 52 seconds ago
Reputable info on minivans??
by JHZR2
33 minutes 51 seconds ago
weekend project / whats it worth? Honda HRT216KSDA
by volk06
43 minutes 36 seconds ago
Wash and wax on M3
by domer10
59 minutes 6 seconds ago
Question about claybar.
by domer10
Today at 05:30 PM
Nissan Ester oil...
by wemay
Today at 05:15 PM
Ready for summer mowing with the Ex mark ZTR mower
by SilverC6
Today at 05:13 PM
Honda OEM Filtech cut open....ao1?????
by DSparks
Today at 05:06 PM
Dryer vent routing
by stranger706
Today at 04:47 PM
Baldwin BT223 cut open
by DSparks
Today at 04:45 PM
Maxlife 10W40 Is Now Resource Conserving
by kennyv1
Today at 04:35 PM
Newest Members
Delta, bnd, hammere30, SpartanSoul, jriordanzoom
49642 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (asiancivicmaniac, 87sammy, asand1, aigochamaloh, BillyTheKid, 11 invisible), 1802 Guests and 174 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49642 Members
64 Forums
212172 Topics
3325554 Posts

Max Online: 2605 @ 04/19/14 12:41 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Orphan Black by earlyre @ Today at 04:27 PM

Love the Show, ticked off at myself that i forgot the season premier was last night... But that's why there's On Demand, and...the internet...
Hydraulic Fluids
Jump to new posts Re: Oil cleanliness by DrDave @ Today at 04:24 PM

Quite impressive. Wish I owned one of those. Dave
Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: dlundbladAll of them, but the Fram and the Baldwin first. I would like to see the Baldwin first.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Propane tank gas level indicators? by eljefino @ Today at 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: WarstudPour hot water down the side of the tank. Then run your hand along that area of the water and feel for a temperature change. The cooler area is where the LP is. Warmer is empty. Sometimes if you catch them at the right
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: AeroShell 33MS Grease Suitability Question by DrDave @ Today at 04:20 PM

I use Aeroshell 33 for automotive applications. It is excellent. Dave
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Toyo Roki Honda OEM 15400-zj1 cut open by David1 @ Today at 04:19 PM

Not like A01 b.c its has large steal end caps.
Tires & Wheels
On the Jeep, my A/Ts (non directional) get cross rotated, while the summers and snows (both directional) just get a front to back rotation. I've got some outside shoulder wear on my current summers, so they will probably need to be dismounted and fl
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Filter - Date based longevity by gdb069oil @ Today at 04:16 PM

Very interesting video. I am surprised the cardboard filter was not mush. Perhaps 40 years ago the oil had less additives so less prone to breakdown. At one point it looks like you pull a stick out of the filter or was that a part of the filter. How
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Are there any "bad" oils anymore? by wemay @ Today at 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: CooperReally, we sit around for HOURS on this site, and for what? We split hairs on which oil is better than the other. But really, if we think about it....is there really a bad oil anymore? And I don't mean, dollar store &qu
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Need a heavy duty oil recommendation for old car. by Bandito440 @ Today at 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: 95busaauto zone has the screens too. the grommets get hard, shrink and leak also. change valve, grommet and screen Yes. Then, get some Maxlife 10w-40 and you'll be set.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Colt45's Trans swap chronicles by Colt45ws @ Today at 03:44 PM

Draining it again in preparation for the autopsy.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Auto RX in 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 by Mystic @ Today at 03:32 PM

That kind of makes me think about my experience with Auto-RX. It did seem to stop a seal leak. Replacing the seal on the front drive Saturn would have been expensive, but I should have just insisted that the dealership replace the seal.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: First Impressions - Deere D105 by 123Saab @ Today at 03:31 PM

I think you chose the right tool for your circumstances. I personally have no problem with nylon/plastic whatever.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendation by drolds @ Today at 03:25 PM

Great truck. I would go with a synthetic 5W-30. These engines are no different than the pre- 2001s which said 5W-30 on the oil cap. The only benefit of 5W-20 would be in the winter. With a synthetic oil, a 10W-30 synthetic would flow better than a pe
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 Honda Accord LX detail *with IRON-X* by gregk24 @ Today at 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: The CriticNice. How did you like the Iron-X fumes? Oh man, they were terrible. Gave me a headache in no time! And the smell was stuck in the concrete driveway for hours as well.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Craftsman oil filter croosreference by NormanBuntz @ Today at 03:17 PM

If you still need it, the Baldwin and Hastings web sites have excellent filter cross reference tools. And www.zorotools.com usually carries one brand or the other for many apps, and they only charge $5.00 for shipping.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bypass Setting Question by ZeeOSix @ Today at 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Wilhelm_DOriginally Posted By: ZeeOSixWhen the oil is cold, the oil pump may hit pressure relief at a pretty low RPM, whereas with hot oil the pump may not even hit pressure relief even at redline. I was involved in a study alm
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Civic R18 ATF Filter change.... by David1 @ Today at 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: redhatGood call. Many skip the filters on the A/T Accords too. For your spec, does anyone make them aftermarket or only OEM? Your talking a 4 cylinder Accord??? b/c I have a V6 and I have never seen a Transmission Filter...
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2014 Chinese Grand Prix by [RT] ProjUltraZ @ Today at 03:11 PM

Watching it again, team to Vettle: Let him thru let him pass.. no response. They tell Daniel to pass then Seb asks about Daniels pit sched. Let him thru: Tough Luck but he did let him earn it without being too hard on him. way after the race on Ex
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Q for Machinist by sleddriver @ Today at 03:06 PM

Outer dia. of splines: 7.7mm/0.3" Spline length: 9.7mm/0.38" Spline height: maybe 0.42mm/0.016" emphasis on maybe Overall shaft length: 15.2mm/0.6"
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Two Shops, One Septic Tank by morris @ Today at 02:59 PM

try some check valves.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: .05 cent oil at Advance Auto by fdcg27 @ Today at 02:17 PM

Slow sales? When the chains get serious about dumping an oil, it does sometimes last long enough on clearance to get silly cheap. The same happened with the old M1R as well as M1 15W-50 some years back. I got around twenty quarts of M1 EP 15W-50 for
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Income multiples and large purchases by HTSS_TR @ Today at 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Sam2000If my observations are correct, the standard rule for mortgage size is 3x income. What would you say is the income to car purchase ratio? It's depend on interest rate, with the low interest rate as of the last few years
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Asus Nexus7 Tablet Users? by ToyotaNSaturn @ Today at 02:07 PM

Skip firefox for Android, use the UC Browser or Maxthon, both are very usable. UC is real good, just as good as Chrome IMO.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Finally installed Lifeliner GLS on the Focus by Miller88 @ Today at 01:33 PM

It's been discontinued in most sizes now, I believe. My size 195/60-15 isn't being made anymore in the lifeliner. Red dots, no yellow dots. The Optimo H725s had red dots on them.
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 >