by Mulestang
10/22/14 06:46 AM
Calamari
by Char Baby
10/22/14 06:44 AM
The Coffee Police..
by Warstud
10/22/14 05:26 AM
Cheap No Contract phone wanted... Sick of it.
by JGmazda
10/22/14 02:52 AM
1994 Volvo 945 / Q8 T1000D Dino 10w30 @8000 Km
by miniac007
10/22/14 02:32 AM
What are your favorite detailing products?
by The Critic
10/22/14 02:27 AM
Oil Filter Autopsy Question
by Nyogtha
10/22/14 12:58 AM
Napa Gold (Wix) Oil Filters Threads Machined Badly
by crazyoildude
10/22/14 12:44 AM
Need oil for car with oil control ring issues
by Oro_O
10/21/14 11:34 PM
AMSOIL Oil Filter Demonstrator
by CELICA_XX
10/21/14 11:31 PM
Newest Members
ArtGarcia, 12e, AnonyBliss, Rits, BMEP
51659 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (2010_FX4, AandPDan, -SyN-, abycat, 2004tdigls, 7 invisible), 1573 Guests and 158 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51659 Members
64 Forums
221048 Topics
3493932 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Detail and Wax
Originally Posted By: qwertydudeJust realize that touch ups on any metallic, pearl, mica, candy etc. Will never look right because the reflective particles won't sit on the painted surface exactly like the original. At best you can get a match of col
General and Off Topic
Using a gun on a dog would be my last resort. I'd be more concerned about what's beyond the dog. Mace or pepper spray would be first.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: anti dry rot wax availability by CapriRacer @ Today at 06:01 AM

I am not a rubber chemist, but I did stay at Holiday ..... oh wait. That's not right. Here is my understanding about antioxidants - AO's. First, waxes are NOT AO's. They form barriers. In the rubber matrix, they will slowly migrate to the surfac
Automotive General Topics
I recall reading an article maybe 10 years or so ago where a major manufacteur was concerned about long term durability of airbags and how long they could be trusted. I guess we found out...
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: My nearly perfect 2003 BMW 330Ci by LT4 Vette @ Today at 05:32 AM

SLO_Town, Why not just buy a BMW M3 ? Very nicely detailed car and mods.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Why I'm paranoid of buying oil at walmart... by Merkava_4 @ Today at 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: GarakOne of the last times I was buying oil from Walmart, I was fortunate enough to buy a sealed box of 4 x 5 quarts. I suppose if I was seriously thinking about buying the oil, then opening the lid wouldn't make me feel too g
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing brake fluid, clutch also? by Lubener @ Today at 04:53 AM

Some vehicles are nery difficult to get the air out. Be prepaired.
Fords were famous for bad lower ball joints causing noise because they cannot be greased. Once they start getting noisy, they can break leaving you with a dangerous situation.Not uncommon to have to replace with low miles. If they are bad, try to get
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 AFE 0W20 - 5300 Miles - 2014 Mazda 6 by Shannow @ Today at 04:39 AM

OVERKILL, yep, that's what the SAE said regarding their re-profiling the range...other oils had to be more shear stable to stay in grade than 20s did. Also Quote:The current SAE Engine Oil Viscosity Classification Standard J300 defines the 100C kin
Oil Filters
I always worry when a well known name gets sold off to someone else.Affinia took over WIX a number of years ago from Dana Corp.Just like they took over Raybestos from Brake Parts Inc...my thought was always "when will they downgrade both?"
Make sure the kickdown linkage at the throttle body has not fallen off or bound up. Also pull the line off the vacuum modulator, if fluid drips out, it is bad. If those does not work, an overhaul is likely. If the band is out of adjustment, it soon w
Jump to new posts Re: Duron-E in gas engine? by used_0il @ Today at 03:55 AM

A "sardonic" sense of humor takes years of practice to perfect. Thanks for the laugh once again Shannow. Next question; How much time does an engine oil spend at the temperature at which HTHS is calculated (150C)? What I'm gett
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge Syntec 0W-20, 0W-30 BC, 0W-40 GC by Shannow @ Today at 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SLO_TownAlso, how do we best fix this thread? I doubt all people will read the whole thread so that they realize the original cSt were in error. After getting the full retest, do I start a new thread titled "RETEST: Castr
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Pop Star Round 2: Hatsune Miku in 'Murrica by michaelluscher @ Today at 03:44 AM

I did not
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Toyota Corolla Brake Issue by Sequoiasoon @ Today at 03:03 AM

Mine was older (1993). I got 90k out of the fronts and 130k from the rears (drum) on factory parts. I got new ones of the same when I replaced. What I learned- Flush the fluid every couple years anyway. Take apart the brakes, clean and grease all th
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Battery Desulfators- Do they work? by berniedd @ Today at 02:52 AM

@tortillasoup Sorry to rain on your parade, but resting open circuit voltage is not a good indicator of battery life/remaining capacity. More realistic testing involves measuring cold cranking amperes - a quick test. Electrically, another method inv
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Jump to new posts Re: Is corrosionX food safe? by AMC @ Today at 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: 20pssI got a message back from CorrosionX. While it is food safe, he stated that a coating on a knife will almost certainly be safe. He said I would have to actually drink the stuff for it to be dangerous. I think I'll go ahead
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Please Guide Me on Paint Maintenance by The Critic @ Today at 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: MudLOL, thanks My only question is there a possibility of overdoing it with the clay bar if I use it every few months? In my head I regard the clay as being maybe once a year or more depending on how much gunk gets into that t
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Best Car wash / wax combo by The Critic @ Today at 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: BrandonVAare there any waxes you can buy that you can just rinse off? Yes, CarPro Hydr02. It works great, but is a little pricey. http://www.carpro-us.com/exterior-surface-protection/hydro2-touchless-sealant-concentrate-1
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Need photo software by Garak @ Today at 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Rick in PAA program I use very often is Irfanview It's a nice little photo tool. And it's been around a long time, too. When I had my last Windows box, over ten years ago, that's what I used.
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Fusion PU 5W-20 9.6k WITH MOTORKOTE! by dustyroads @ Today at 01:40 AM

Motorkote is great for many things, so don't toss it. Put it in a spray bottle and you can use it for many lube/protective needs. It is super slippery and long lasting.
Jump to new posts Re: What happens to oil during a warm start? by Garak @ Today at 01:36 AM

SAE J300 covers most of this issue.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil wieght for 360 magnum by Garak @ Today at 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4On the other side of the equation you have a carburetor which could cause fuel dilution. I'm not sure 5W-30 could handle the fuel dilution. It can handle the fuel dilution fine, assuming the carb isn't pooched.
What kind of a 0w-30 car does he have? The Sentra, given the vintage, would be perfectly comfortable on any 5w-30, not to mention any 0w-30 out there, be it ILSAC rated, GC, or an HDEO. As for Lucas, you're not going to find a lot of support for it
General and Off Topic
You can easily do it yourself just prep it right and take your time.it can last a long time if the surface it's going over is sound and it's kept clean and water does not pool up on it meaning there is adequate slope on the deck of ground.
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >