by ShadowSix
08/25/16 08:35 PM
Tundra steering wheel
by RN89
08/25/16 08:11 PM
98-02 Corolla and Oil Consumption
by mmorri16
08/25/16 08:10 PM
How does fuel dilution affect HTHS viscosity?
by HKPolice
08/25/16 07:58 PM
Volkswagen bets big on EV(Electric Vehicle)
by HTSS_TR
08/25/16 07:50 PM
Newest Members
sledhead1, AtillatheHunk, Goofball1205, Djlmedic, BigHoss256
58926 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (Billbert, AnthemBassMan, CATERHAM, BlueOvalFitter, Atesz792, 2 invisible), 630 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58926 Members
66 Forums
253568 Topics
4162410 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Strong Hurricane Pointed at Florida? by bbhero @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Well this is looking like a no big deal for Florida after all. . No surprise here. Upper level winds are stronger than forecasted earlier this week. The GFS model didn't show it hardly developing at all a day and a half ago. I will say that once in
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Camaro 2.0T review by subaruwrxfan by dishdude @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TRIt is big outside but very little room inside. A 6 ft driver at normal driving position will not leave much room for backseat passenger, if he/she is 6 ft. Camaro is known as 2 + 2 kids car. For similar cost Mustang is
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Homeowners insurance by KD0AXS @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Unfortunately, I think the insurance company is right in this case. You don't have a case of storm damage, you have a maintenance issue. The flashing isn't damaged, it's simply old and needs to be replaced. If an exceptionally severe storm came thro
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Very long article - 540 RAT tech facts not myths by kschachn @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: paulswagelockOriginally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: 2015_PSD 540 Rat - LMGTFY Yep, started off with the typical "Maybe discussed here but I didn't see it" Ok, so I made the mistake of using the horrific
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: A/C condensation in desert climates by Anduril @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

When the humidity is in the teens, there's a few drops. In the single digits, nothing visible. Then again, we cool the air in our house by putting humidity in, not taking it out.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: What ATF? 2004 Toyota Sequoia 4WD by Donald @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: drtylerI would stick with the T-IV, or Mobil 3309 ATF (available from Amazon) which is the T-IV fluid. A few years ago, I used Redline D4 in my '04 Tundra. Transmission shifted funny (slipped) during the 1st to 2nd shift under
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should I change the oil when changing spark plugs? by THafeez @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Thank you for the help guys. Just doing a long due tune up that the PO did not do. I'll keep tabs on the oil and get back if it's the same. Spark plugs are just routine maintenance since the last tune up was done at 65k.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is this GM executive serious ? Or he's a moron ? by splinter @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

1) yes 2) no
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Android 7 Nougat out.(nexus devices) by Quattro Pete @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Mine's been downloading for an hour now on a 20 Mbps connection, and it's still not done. Google servers must be overloaded...
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 Jetta TDI Mobil 1 TDT 3000 miles by KernelK @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

I wonder if the high iron is indicative of high cam wear that has plagued many of the TDI engines.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Late 80s/early 90s oil tech by CR94 @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: tig1In 1965 I bought a 64 Plymouth Valiant slant 6 with 13000K. I used QS and changed oil every 2K. At 50K I pulled the valve cover to adjust the tappets(solid lifters). Sludge was so bad I had to scoop it out. I then changed to
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Weird private-label tire names by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxlI got some Linglong Crosswind All Season tires for the used car department at work this week, they had this interesting mascot on the label...
Jump to new posts Re: 5W30 In a HM Oil Engine by JeepWJ19 @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Do what you want I don't think staying with HM or switching back to non-hm conventional are going to make any noticeable differences. Even though I have a slow valve cover leak I never had to top up my oil whether using Pennzoil HM or PYB. But I per
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 5w30 Super 5,000 OCI, bought on clearance... by crazyoildude @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

This was 2013 i saw this one already im sure things have changed somewhat but thank you for that.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Heat Pump ?'s by NormanBuntz @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Regarding 440Magnum's opinion, my house is on the NC waterfront, where it is often humid in the summer and damp in the winter. I have a 13 year old 5 ton York heat pump (likely a 10 SEER) to heat one story of 2,000 square feet. Besides the York unit
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Did I goof? by mv6845 @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

That is what confused me. Dex cool mixed with water turns pink so I added pink Toyota coolant.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Ford Crown Victoria 189k, 7.5 on Maxlife 5W20 by Colt45ws @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Well, Polaris didn't flag the Al. The only thing flagged is Si which is why Im not too concerned at this point about the aluminum. The engine sounds fine; not like the chains are wearing. Just the light ticking from the injectors. I will be backing o
Jump to new posts Re: Leaving Castrol and going back to Pennzoil by car51 @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

+1, as I have some MS5K in the stash still from when o Reilly's had it 57 cent a qt
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil vs. Castrol: Battle of the Walmart 0W-40s by double vanos @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

FWIW my Ecoboost 3.5 has been on the Castrol for almost 4 years with no problems whatsoever. It's a great oil!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Saved a puppy by crazyoildude @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

A rescued pet is one that will love you forever they do know Dogs are some of the best security systems out there they bark to let you know someone is around they will bite and do whatever it takes to protect their homes and loved ones and they will
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: but what STRENGTH' jack do I need? by Vern_in_IL @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

Some jacks have extensions you just add onto the saddle to lift higher vehicles. AutoZone has one.
Jump to new posts Re: Mazda skyactive oil change interval - a bit much by HKPolice @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: 2002 Maxima SE Here is the report on my 2013 CX-5 with 30k miles (5k mile interval). I drive 15 miles to work (30 miles round trip) per day. This is a very bad report. The 330F flashpoint indicates much higher fuel dilution
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: My UOA with Frantz TP Filter by carock @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

Too many miles on the Frantz between filter changes! Try every 3000 miles.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: some strange lawsuits against fast food franchises by OneEyeJack @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

You have to consider the source of these complaints, people that eat at fast food restaurants.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Multigrade Oils in Mowers by Astro_Guy @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

I find it easier to pull the starter cord when using 5w30 or 5w40 in the cooler months. This is especially true on my Craftsman chipper / vac which lives outdoors in the shed and can get started at or below freezing in the fall. This machine has a
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 >