Recent Topics
anything that better then Pepto-Bismol ?
by MetalSlug
10/23/14 04:33 PM
Johnlite emergency light
by Darwin1138
10/23/14 04:31 PM
Rust Bubble Repair With POR15
by George7941
10/23/14 04:21 PM
Mobil 1 Oil ?
by lawnguy
10/23/14 03:36 PM
Warren Synthetic Blend 5w-30 $2.99 Qt.
by Rat407
10/23/14 03:27 PM
New oil for Chrysler and Dodge.
by chrisri
10/23/14 03:26 PM
1969 Pontiac
by 69P
10/23/14 02:30 PM
Rotella 10w-30; 3k miles; 42k miles on Dmax
by dnewton3
10/23/14 01:28 PM
Lucas FTW!
by SMB
10/23/14 01:01 PM
Castrol Full Synthetic 5/w50
by Doktor_Bert
10/23/14 12:36 PM
Naked Eye Sunspot Visible
by sleddriver
10/23/14 12:27 PM
Solar eclipse today
by Toy4x4
10/23/14 11:58 AM
Newest Members
69P, newbull87, vzarich, 340_Magnum, aselinger
51675 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (95MarkVIII, 69P, 97tbird, 55Test, 72te27, 13Tacoma, 7 invisible), 1756 Guests and 204 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51675 Members
64 Forums
221111 Topics
3495438 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Like you said Hokiefyd, we don't really know what goes into making an oil Dexos approved other than Noack/VII and a fee. But i speculate there are other benchmarks that need to be met.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Low Beams too dim by HangFire @ Today at 02:01 PM

Headlight switch failure is common on these vehicles. They were originally equipped with Long Life bulbs. Like any bulbs, they lose brightness over time. If you are unlucky enough for them to live this long, they just need replacing. Other possibil
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota red antifreeze by Gokhan @ Today at 01:57 PM

Neither Toyota Red or Toyota Pink are DEX-COOL. They are specific formulations and also different from each other. Toyota Red is for 1994 and older Toyotas and Toyota Pink is for 1995 and newer Toyotas. Toyota Red shouldn't be used in 1995 and newer
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $10 rebate - Pennzoil Full Synthetic by BigBird57 @ Today at 01:56 PM

Submitted online. Received my code today! Hello $10
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Battery Desulfators- Do they work? by Smokescreen @ Today at 01:54 PM

They work. You can buy CteK at most all exotic car dealerships, Porche, Lambo, Mercs are driven intermittently compared to other cars and so these battery groomer/maintainers are designed for constant connection. I have used smart battery chargers
Jump to new posts Re: Standardizing on 5W-30? by CATERHAM @ Today at 01:49 PM

Your '07 FJ Cruiser has been back spec'd for a 5W-20 grade. And since you're not adverse to using expensive oils I'd recommend Amsoil OE 0W-20 for both. It is heavier than an OEM 5W-20 but not as heavy as their OE 5W-20.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Calamari by JHZR2 @ Today at 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit...soaked in buttermilk for at least half a day-the lactic acid in the buttermilk will prevent the squid from becoming tough and rubbery during cooking. Agree, but I personally prefer grilled. Does anyone else gr
General and Off Topic
This is going nowhere but in a downward spiral. Folks, it's fine to express opinions. Dont' get caught up in accusations and the like. Locked.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Ford 6F35: What have we learned? by FocusTi @ Today at 01:38 PM

I'm not sure that's the transmission's fault as much as it is the engine's. The 2.5 I test drove was a little sluggish and noisy. My 3.0 Fusion would bang off a downshift with lightening speed and chirp the tires under 35mph. Its tendency to hold
Jump to new posts Re: Mercedes change from Mobil 1 to Shell by CATERHAM @ Today at 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: benjymost "synthetics" being group III mineral oils require more VII + pour point depressants with a wider spread of viscosities unless some PAO real synthetic is added to the base oils. a real synthetic PAO 10-30 star
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bio clean for a slow drain? by supton @ Today at 01:33 PM

Was in a good mood last night, and it had several hours to drain before I got home, so I cracked open a cleanout and had at it. Yeech! Disgusting. But it seems to be draining now. Probably needs to be done again and/or could use the bio-clean, as
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The new Ram by cptbarkey @ Today at 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: millerbl00That' not fair. I am trying to help by showing the big companies just want your $$. My neighbor is retired and up in age. Just bought a vehicle with a turbo. His last vehicle was non-turbo. Never changed the oil. But h
Jump to new posts Re: Does my car just hate Autocraft batteries, or what by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:22 PM

You are a short tripper, I was right, nothing wrong just our lifestyle.
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Full Synthetic 5/w50 by aquariuscsm @ Today at 01:10 PM

I've used it a few times and it's my favorite oil,runs VERY a smooth,especially at wot. I'd use it exclusively if Walmart sold it in five quart jugs. I just will never pay $10 a quart for motor oil.
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Oil lab for analysis in canada by Baveux @ Today at 01:00 PM

Wow thank you guys !
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Does anybody clean there oil filters ? by SHOZ @ Today at 12:58 PM

You can pour in about half the filter, let it sit and then install. It won't spill out.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change for my garage queen (3rd car). by cabanalane @ Today at 12:39 PM

Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: What happens to oil during a warm start? by cabanalane @ Today at 12:37 PM

Thanks guys. Sorry for the newbie question.
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: CT8Originally Posted By: BluestreamOriginally Posted By: CT8It is said armed society is a polite society. Who says that? Statistics would say otherwise.. You can say what you want but an armed society is a polite one. Who sa
Jump to new posts Re: I want your opinion on 91 Subaru XT6 by Miller88 @ Today at 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 3AoneHardly any rust. I'm certain it is not indigenous to the area. AWD....um, I think so? 1 Syracuse winter on a 23 year old car ... It'll be rusty in 6 months!
Jump to new posts Re: Need oil for car with oil control ring issues by friendly_jacek @ Today at 12:27 PM

This is an amazingly good result for a single piston soak. You were lucky the rings were not worn out by then, like it usually is in Saturns, so piston soaks have low success rate. What oil is specified by honda in this truck? How do you drive it?
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: I am filing suit against Carter Fuel Systems by Kestas @ Today at 12:06 PM

Some local Michigan indian tribe used that symbol over 100 years ago. THEY should sue Carter.
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Internal Fighting within OPEC by sleddriver @ Today at 12:02 PM

More panic ensues. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-23...-september.html Quote:Crude collapsed into a bear market this month as Saudi Arabia and other producers deepened price discounts for their oil, amid speculation they’re competing for mark
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Improving Vision by threeputtpar @ Today at 12:00 PM

It used to be said that wearing rigid, gas-permeable contact lenses would help the eye to keep from getting out-of-round as fast as it would by just wearing glasses. I was one of the test cases back 30+ years ago, but it didn't really help me as much
Jump to new posts Re: Cost to service drum brakes? by supton @ Today at 11:36 AM

My vintage VW uses rear disc with the caliper doing parking brake too. Corrosion is its downfall; seems like 100-150k is the best it can do (3-5 years?) before these $100 calipers need replacement. OTOH I've never needed to adjust the parking brake
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 >