07/24/14 02:14 PM
GM issues 6 new recalls.
by dave1251
07/24/14 01:08 PM
Newest Members
chancelee, XJSteve, joehupp, BwanaBob, gt40p
50744 Registered Users
Who's Online
118 registered (05LGTLtd, 2009Edge, 97tbird, 13Tacoma, 57ChevyLS, 9 invisible), 2010 Guests and 248 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50744 Members
64 Forums
216737 Topics
3411392 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car Loan Refinance Rates by rjundi @ Today at 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: dparm1.49% for 36 isn't that awesome. There is a local CU in the Chicago area doing 1.49% for 60 (and has been offering it for at least a year now). The rate is not better though just stretching out someone staying in bad debt
Question of the Day
Polyvinylpyrrolidone. Not only a blood plasma expander, but a binder for some pharmaceutical tablets. (Taken by mouth.)
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Drove a 14 Mitsubishi Mirage by cookiemonster @ Today at 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Do you really think one of these things could do 200-300k miles reliably? I have major doubts I'm confident that it could. IMO it's a very low-tech car, few frills ... a very straightforward, basic design that lends itse
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Triflow or "safariland" breakfree CLP? by Mystic @ Today at 03:53 PM

Keep looking, but the CorrosionX does seem to excel in two out of three areas. All a guy needs is something to clean the barrel and gun with.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: PCMatic by Mystic @ Today at 03:51 PM

That is a good idea. We can have Linux motor oil, and we can also have a Linux small car with the Linux engine. Also, why can't a guy name his daughter Linux? There are women named Mercedes. I challenge guys with a daughter on the way to consider thi
Jump to new posts Re: Rented a Prius by cookiemonster @ Today at 03:50 PM

^ Yep, loving my MItsubishi Mirage ES w/CVT ... got it out the door for a bit over $14k. Averaging 48mpg. It's not a car for the aggressive, impatient, or image-conscious.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Just got the General Altimax RT43s installed by Klutch9 @ Today at 03:47 PM

I can't wait to install mine!
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: G-Oil back at Walmart? by zanzabar @ Today at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: VikasWhy in the world would you purchase that G-Oil for more money? Esters, basically. Along with whatever environmental buzz words you want to insert here because of this stuff not being made from petroleum. And also insert w
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Crashed Air Algerie plane in Mali Desert. by Pop_Rivit @ Today at 03:42 PM

Already being discussed here . Nothing creepy about it.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Craftsman DGS6500 auto trans by Pop_Rivit @ Today at 03:40 PM

The manual is freely available at a number of sites, including this one .
Jump to new posts Re: Dumping Used Oil Question...... by itguy08 @ Today at 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: WeenieHutJrI dump old antifreeze in the neighbors bushes all the time, whatever dude. But oil always gets properly disposed of. Unless you're on a septic, I thought it was OK for small quantities of antifreeze to go in the sew
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Nice portable (small) wireless mouse? by Quattro Pete @ Today at 03:24 PM

I couldn't afford a dedicated monitor for the Amiga. The solution was to purchase one of those little brick modulators that would convert video signal into RF (RCA) so that it could be hooked up to a TV. Mine still works, I think, although it's not
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts got another one by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 03:08 PM

more excess in the shop. For sale: 6.0 gas GM V8. Only thing original is block, heads, crank, and rods. Everything else is new. 5 angle super valve job, all factory stock, tons of tweaks and extras, built by 3rd gen machinist who is FANATICAL about
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Dodge Hellcat HP numbers released by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 02:53 PM

Here's a press guy taking a couple of laps at PIR: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/vi...y-ar164514.html
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Originally Posted By: BluestreamOriginally Posted By: TravYes pop the arm and press them out. Easy enough and a lot cheaper plus you know the original arm tracks properly. Win Win for you and the guy who buys it. I'll take my own good refurbed OE arm
Jump to new posts Re: DIY Upper Intake Cleaning - DI Engines by badtlc @ Today at 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46So your saying the 'ol Italian tune up will take care of DI intake deposits ? ... Something like 20 minutes over 3K RPM ? I do 20+min at 4,500 RPMs at 80 MPH.
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Powersports 5w50? by offroad1 @ Today at 02:31 PM

Yeah same here he assured me the 0w40 would work in the meantime but I just don't like using another viscosity other than the recommended weight.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Shoes -- better grip than Wagner TQ? by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: GreasymechtechThs tradeoff for quiet or dustfree is lame braking performance. This has always been my experience in many road course track rat cars. Not nearly as important in a streeter, but once you get used to that instant
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by dave5358 @ Today at 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Man, what a gem: "Talk about "better to curse the darkness than light a candle"." I love it. This happens a lot around here... It happens because some users just love to say "it's safe to say.
Jump to new posts Re: Why do worn bearing affect oil pressure? by Chris142 @ Today at 01:57 PM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_straight-6_engine maybe the op is more familiar with the 216 chevy?
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: oil for my '15 6.7 Powerstroke by Garak @ Today at 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: 2004tdiglsI would use a low ash oil to protect the dpf http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_ESP_Formula_M_5W-40.aspx Except that oil isn't CJ-4 approved, which his vehicle requires.
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Not Quite Ready For Craigslist by earlyre @ Today at 01:45 PM

As to why he's selling, he doesn't need to sell it. This is his secondary vehicle. Being self employed, he's gotten a tax break having one car for personal miles, and one for business miles. Apparently there was a change in the tax law, and it's no
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 06 Ford Focus commuter by Umibozu @ Today at 01:25 PM

Congrats on the new focus. I have a 2007 Focus with the same 2.0 Duratec engine as well. My OCI have been 10k as well since I do mostly highway driving. Oils range from PYB,PP to M1 0w-20/5w-20. I also use an oversized oil filter. Currently a Purola
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Ebay oil filters by ZeeOSix @ Today at 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack At a shop that my neighbor owns they serviced a 7 year old Toyota 4Runner with a V8 engine. The 4Runner owner had previously done his own oil changes but did not know there was an oil filter that should also be change
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: wireless adapters for desktop computers by wrcsixeight @ Today at 01:12 PM

I use an Alfa Awuso36nhr on my W7 Dell laptop and it outperforms the Dell internal wifi card by a factor of say, 100. Especially when I use an aftermarket 9Dbi antenna on the Alfa. I wish i got it sooner rather than dealing with the huge wait time
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >