by Mystic
Today at 09:56 PM
Machinery Lubrication - 'GrpIII syn is mktng term'
by wemay
Today at 09:41 PM
The Paint is Peelin'!
by Nick1994
Today at 09:39 PM
Pennzoil Syn Blend Or Yellow Bottle 5w30 ?
by crazyoildude
Today at 09:29 PM
fram ultra, weird oil pressure
by bowhuuntr
Today at 09:27 PM
Electric dryer tripping breaker
by NateDN10
Today at 09:22 PM
Oil Recommendation - 1996 Grand Marquis
by AjsGarage
Today at 09:11 PM
PQIA- Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus
by vinu_neuro
Today at 08:46 PM
Fram TG vs Ultra?
by Camprunner
Today at 08:46 PM
Newest Members
mcn1970, KCChemist, bbuice, Hemingway, kcp
51459 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (01rangerxl, 901Memphis, 1 FMF, 2004tdigls, AdRock, AjsGarage, 3 invisible), 1337 Guests and 171 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51459 Members
64 Forums
220056 Topics
3474780 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: OCI impact on timing system failure? by benjy @ Today at 09:04 PM

you are ONLY using group III dino oil legally synthetic in USA!!!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 2007-08 Infiniti G35x by BowNisPar @ Today at 09:03 PM

Have you also considered an Acura TL SH-AWD? Another nice vehicle in AWD...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Smoke when stepping hard on gas after coasting by Bookmaker @ Today at 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: spasm3that sounds like valve stem seals. Agreed.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: a good 30w oil by 2cool @ Today at 09:00 PM

I have used 15W-40 in my B&S Intek single since I bought it from Sears outlet in 2009. Never a problem, runs strong, easy to find and inexpensive. For a push mower, it wouldn't matter really. Just change it once a year and be sure to run the carb
EB engines like any turbocharged unit require better oils that stand up to more heat with more film strength. only thing good about 20 oils is the 1/4 MPG WOW! what a tradeoff compared to longer engine life!!
Jump to new posts Re: 1989 Chevy 5.7 need new catalytic to pass CA smog by Blkstanger @ Today at 08:59 PM

If you end up needing a CAT Flowmaster has then for $222.00 for your truck with all the right certs and numbers. Tune that thing up though. Makes a huge difference.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: Brent_GHere is the Hemi 528 E85 Hemi My phone does no justice. The blower is undersized for that engine but looks and drives better on the street than a 14/71 does. Its a 8/71 with the hi
Jump to new posts Re: Leaving a block heater plugged in by Brent_G @ Today at 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleI have to say: I wouldn't plug in a modern engine until it got REALLY cold...like, -25 or colder. Even my old-school 12-valve Cummins started at -12 with no heater. Oil was regular 15W-40, truck has no starting aids.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Michelin Pilot A/S 3's - Initial impressions by OVERKILL @ Today at 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RandOriginally Posted By: Michelin Man It is getting dedicated snows on steelies. Wonder which ones... see what I did there.. Yes, yes I did, LOL!!!
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: NAPA Platinum? by tommygunn @ Today at 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixThese days I pretty much just use PureOnes and Ultras ... but now PureOnes are on the "tearing watch list", so it will be Ultra and WIX/NAPA Golds unless I decide to use up the 4 or 5 PureOnes in my filter stash
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge 5W30 A3/B4 by vinu_neuro @ Today at 08:34 PM

It's SL for the same reason 'German Castrol' is. Higher zinc and phosphorus concentration than permitted (800/900?) for 30wt.
Jump to new posts Re: OnStar - Worthwhile? by hattaresguy @ Today at 08:32 PM

Meh don't see the point. When I get a new truck the Onstar along with GM's lame screen in the center of the dash is coming out and a nice aftermarket GPS unit is going in, and GM's speakers are going in the trash right behind it.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Nokian Hakka R2 winter tires by Rand @ Today at 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: SubLGTOK, I stand corrected. I thought Maxxis was a Chinese company. This is the first time I have seen a Taiwanese winter tire score that high on a test. sorry if that came off abit rough I should have thrown in a few smilies
Jump to new posts Re: cleaning combustion chamber by linksep @ Today at 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4If someone was to invent a ball shaped Scotch-Brite attachment for the Dremel, that would be perfect. You mean like this? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sai-260013 Standard Abrasives (3M) "Cross Buff
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Very nice truck. I have a 98 chevy Silverado Z71 that I bought new and now has 127,000 miles on it. The potassium/sodium levels should go down each time you change your oil. I've had three intake gaskets installed on my truck over the years and I
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas 20w50 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil Feedback? by Idahokid @ Today at 08:15 PM

I have Schaeffers in my Harley now and seems to do just fine.I have Lucas syn 20/50 ready for my next oil change.I have no problem with ANY quality oil.The most important thing you can do is change it when your supposed to.I also have the lucas tra
Jump to new posts Re: Reliability of Current Vehicles. by Nick1994 @ Today at 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxlA lot of people beat on regular cars! I see what you mean, and that is a lot of tires and pads, but if you drive it hard it happens. Pads & tires are two things I don't really blame on the car. Yeah I don't rea
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire life in California by eljefino @ Today at 08:09 PM

??? You have to run em down to 2/32" for warranty claim. There's a possibility that wear will slow down near the end due to lack of tread squirm.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: What does Liqui-Moly CERATEC do? by MolaKule @ Today at 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: GaleHawkinsOriginally Posted By: dailydriverOriginally Posted By: ClevyOriginally Posted By: GaleHawkinsThe oldest info that I can find on MoS2 in motor oil indicates the first successful usage (did not settle out on shut down)
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
How much MoS2 did you add?
Jump to new posts Re: kudos to ford by wtd @ Today at 08:00 PM

I'm probably going to leave it like it is for now since it's not cracking or peeling yet but if you do go to some of the Mustang forums, there are plenty of pictures of paint peeling off on the front hood as well as the trunk lid and pictures of corr
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: New Jersey Gun Buy Back Program by Robenstein @ Today at 07:57 PM

Gets rid of busted old cheap shotguns, 22 rifles, and garbage pistols like Jennings/Jimmenez.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 HD Recall #0159 by JetStar @ Today at 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_ILH.Davidson is cutting cost left and right. We used to build a OEM product for them. They kept wanting a lesser price... Eventually, we had to drop the contract. We were literally building that assembly "at cos
Jump to new posts Re: Jd x320 by CompGUY @ Today at 07:54 PM

Any x320 owners have thoughts on 48 vs 54 deck?
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: AAP Current Active Codes. by Scott_mi @ Today at 07:50 PM

Affirmative on the same code.
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 >