Yesterday at 09:58 PM
Sharp 42" LED 1080p/120Hz - $299
by mrsilv04
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
Newest Members
joyridin83, NH73, Blkflg, steam_soldier, Ben_SC
51763 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (2009Edge, aquariuscsm, 97f150, 77GrandPrix, 2010_FX4, 05LGTLtd, 6 invisible), 1387 Guests and 184 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51763 Members
64 Forums
221503 Topics
3502900 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: So You Think Tires Are Expensive Now? by grampi @ Today at 06:42 AM

I worded my question wrong. I should've asked if the rubber from old tires is used for anything in such a way that these tire places would get paid for their tires when they dispose of them? If that's the case, then it makes me wonder why they would
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: found a firearm I'd forgot I owned- by dnewton3 @ Today at 06:37 AM

Congrats on the "find"! It's like digging through your pockets and finding a $20 bill in there, but a LOT better! While I have never found a gun in my vault that I didn't know I have, I do have some I've acquired but never got around to sh
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: subaru forester 2.0 d engine oil problem by Falcon_LS @ Today at 06:14 AM

Welcome to the forum. For starters: 1. Did you check your oil pressure with a proper gauge? 2. What oil filter are you using? 3. Try a different oil filter with the same engine oil and take it up to 7.000 km to see if anything changes.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Older snow blower gearbox oil by gman2304 @ Today at 05:53 AM

I've used the Sta-Lube brand of GL4 gear lube from NAPA in my tillers worm drives for years.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Best Oil Question, '14 Audi 3.0 TDI by Falcon_LS @ Today at 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzlOriginally Posted By: QuadrasteerJust trying to find out if one or more brands stick out from the rest. Not familiar with the names, Pentosin, LiquiMoly, Millers and a few others. When you go into the European repair
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Magnatec PDS. by Char Baby @ Today at 04:59 AM

Yes, I remember several years ago when Castrol had the "Magnetic" and "Start Up". I bought a boatload of it on closeout. These oils are great when on closeout. Closeout meaning... when they don't sell well due to poor marketing. G
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil-1 0W-40, new formula? by virginoil @ Today at 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: GarakWhat is this, the second annual resurrection of this thread? Part of the BITOG tradition.
Automotive General Topics
Taken fun pics of the Odo at important intervals. The Subaru got synthetic oil for the first time at 100K because why not? And it was on sale... Come to think of it, it also got a tank full of premium, a bottle of Techron, fresh ATF, and fresh g
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 10/30-11/26 Advance Ad by bullwinkle @ Today at 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle^Me too, I sent them an email. Hard to believe there's only 4 or 5 stores participating, none around here. Mobil's approved list is "War & Peace" by comparison! They emailed me back, they said AAP is OK.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Battery Tester Lies? by jtfmdyk @ Today at 03:55 AM

I had a 2012 Tacoma that started failing in 6 months as soon as the cold snapped. 3 dealer tests, 1 AZ, 1 AA, all said fine. Paid to replace out of pocket, problem solved. Not a lot of faith in testers.
Oil Additives
Thanks a lot you guys; I took your advice and drank some. Turned out to be nothing but a cheap bi-polar additive. ...Did I say that, or just think it?
Jump to new posts Re: Tire Pressure Monitor Issue by Mr_Joe @ Today at 02:32 AM

I agree with the above. If and when I gave a bad sensor I'll let it go a while. I check the pressure manually anyway.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Bottom line, wear looks good. Stay the course.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Originally Posted By: ShannowIf it were mine, I'd have another crack at MC...but it's not, and you are on a good thing with the PUP. +1
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Drag Racing by Shannow @ Today at 12:52 AM

Stelth, this one was my second car. Was set up for roundabouts and being a 20 year old on public roads.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: garden led lights and battery by Shannow @ Today at 12:47 AM

Nearly everything I've pulled apart has had a NiCd in them. Have tried to rejuvinate them on my multi style recharger, and can't get squat (Rezap charger). expensive answer, grab a NiMH, needs to be charged first. Cheap as chips answer, grab the h
Jump to new posts Re: Better Ads Needed by zray @ Today at 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntzThat's a pretty risque ad for 1929. before the depression, this country was a rockin' party. The 1960's were a close approximation, but not as fun (I'm told). Z.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Shannow @ Today at 12:34 AM

Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: new GM 4.3L V-6 by used_0il @ Today at 12:23 AM

If they mini-me the 6.2 it comes out about 283 cid. Now where have I seen that number before? It also makes sense from a logistics point of view. All that is needed is matching V6 heads. Anytime I see a Michigan address, I wonder who or what he kno
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Halloween Candy Faves by andrewg @ Today at 12:17 AM

Well....it went well for me. Passed out mostly chocolates (Hershey bars, Snickers, Twix) along with Reeses, Skittles, Malted Milk Balls, caramels, chocolate covered mints, and Milk Duds. Kids seemed happy....parents pleased. It was kinda nice seein
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Philips 9012 in '05 Corolla? by 901Memphis @ Today at 12:13 AM

If that picture is hard to see here's the full size image http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-91565365470012_2267_311973
Jump to new posts Re: 14' JGC with the pentastar 3.6L by BillyTheKid @ Today at 12:08 AM

Why so worried about warranty? I'm still waiting to hear a rejection of warranty for oil used. I know someone recently that had a valve spring break when starting a Jeep 3.7 that wiped some other parts out. The dealer took the truck, had the owner si
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure it's ever going to rain again by bdcardinal @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

We got honest to goodness rain here tonight. Started just after the trick-or-treaters were done and right when the kids were starting to party in Isla Vista.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Halloween BITOGers by Shannow @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

I carved my first pumpkin last night at the age of 46... Halloween is taking hold in Oz.
Jump to new posts Re: brake squeak left turn. by anonobomber @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Your bearing preload might be incorrect so the rotor could be moving in and out on the spindle causing contact with the pad when turning. The contact would be at a slight angle so it may be causing only part of the pad to touch it which leads to the
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >