by Shannow
Today at 02:48 AM
Open differential gear oil, and Moly
by wrcsixeight
Today at 12:36 AM
5,000 Miles OCI For Older Cars???
by qwerty1234
Today at 12:04 AM
Rust Belt: Wash my car or wait until spring?
by Mr_Accord
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Seeds and Nuts
by hotwheels
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
vacuum tube stereo
by turbodieselfreak
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
Car storage ?
by Camprunner
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
Floor mat translation please (Quest)
by asand1
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
TPMS woes
by Spazdog
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Dental work on pets
by Merkava_4
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
Create heat?
by mjoekingz28
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
napa proselect?
by hansj3
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Newest Members
ricoinusa, Pr0j3ct_x, eajseo, EuroGS, christoff
52968 Registered Users
Who's Online
40 registered (Bandito440, Boomer, asand1, CB900F2, 1foxracing, 4 invisible), 621 Guests and 198 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52968 Members
66 Forums
227258 Topics
3624189 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Easy honey by Danno @ 02/20/15 01:59 PM

Almost like perpetual energy machines. Time will tell how this plays out.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Caterham Blend, 10,019 miles, 2007 Toyota Sienna by 01_celica_gt @ 02/20/15 01:44 PM

MAN that's awesome, brand name full synthetic can easily do 10 OCI as apparent by this UOA, I too would go straight 0w20 If I were you. but on this blend you can probably do 13-15k OCI easily.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 98 V70_CV Boot Replacement by sleddriver @ 02/20/15 01:26 PM

Update: Yesterday I rebooted the drivers side. My indy quickly took care of the axle nut as I was unable to budge it at all: I bent a piece of 5' pipe and broke an extension. I found a nice pair of horseshoe-ring retaining pliers at Sears for ~ $14
Test Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test Pics - What am I doing wrong? by Quattro Pete @ 02/20/15 01:15 PM

Nice tutorial, Pop!
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Filter Rebates by 99Saturn @ 02/20/15 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladA while back, a fellow member tried using a rebate for some Techron fuel system cleaner. They wouldnt honor it because it was at an already discounted price. Someone posted a Techron rebate a while back that was $2 off
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How much should I thin spar urethane? by sleddriver @ 02/20/15 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Why did you think that was going to happen? My plan is definitely to rub it out, that's part of the learning process too... But I just can't seem to lick the issue at hand... Wonder if I can coat the spar with another har
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with back button on BITOG by Hokiefyd @ 02/20/15 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteFowVay, what browser are you using? In FF, you can install Adguard Blocker add-on. Problem solved. I browse with Google Chrome with AdBlock Plus. I never see an advertisement on BITOG and my Back button works 10
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purflux L358A After 9833 miles by Darwin1138 @ 02/20/15 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327NICE! Anywhere these can be purchased other than Renault, Peugeot and Nissan dealerships? No, I haven't seen them at any other parts store. I have seen them on ebay and mercadolibre but the shipping cost offsets the p
Transmission Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Magnefine Trans filter/ NAPA?? by daman @ 02/20/15 12:30 PM

Yes there is a relief by pass just like a oil filter, And yes remove a small section of the hard line and install filter and two small sections of hose with 4 clamps.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Philips Vision Plus +60% at Pep Boys by Hokiefyd @ 02/20/15 12:01 PM

The Philips in HB4 (9006) would be good for the low beams. You *can* sometimes use HIR2 (9012) for the low beams with a tab cut (instructions are Googleable), but the lamp's optics have to be pretty good for that to not create a bunch of glare. Thi
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: AC Delco PF35? by ron350 @ 02/20/15 11:59 AM

Thanks for the information.
Jump to new posts Re: VW Passat 1.8T Oil Change by redbone3 @ 02/20/15 11:58 AM

VW Filter, Castrol Edge 5-40.
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Replaced air filter at 30,000 miles 2 years by dnewton3 @ 02/20/15 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111Isn't there the theory that dirty filters filter better than brand new ones? Yes; that is the theory. And it is replicated in real world testing as well. Per an old thread Jim Allen had, after his visit to Par
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Open Top Conversions.. by Robenstein @ 02/20/15 11:30 AM

You are correct on the differences. I just always liked the look of brass, so I went with the Navy. I think you will enjoy one if you get it. Uberti does good work. Slightly better fit and finish than Pietta.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone heat with wood? by Recalculating @ 02/20/15 11:21 AM

I've been burning wood for nearly thirty years. I use to burn in two locations in the house but now have a propane set-up in lieu of one. I go through nearly two full cords throughout the season. In my younger days, I would take down or use downed ha
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Halloween costume by daves87rs @ 02/20/15 11:16 AM

Nice...
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil SS 0w-40 now available. by kschachn @ 02/20/15 11:05 AM

Yeah, I should have thought to check the list myself. So according to the list, the 0W-20, 5W-20 and 5W-30 are dexos1 approved, just not the others on the linked product sheet. Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteA bunch of RP oils are on the official
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Two Pileups, Same Spot, Same Week by Miller88 @ 02/20/15 10:51 AM

Unfortunately, public transit up here is non existant. It goes from the bad neighborhoods, to other bad neighborhoods, to downtown and the big mall. Getting from the city to the suburbs (my morning commute) is nearly impossible.
Jump to new posts Re: Upgraded alternator requires upgraded wiring? by Johnny2Bad @ 02/20/15 10:28 AM

An alternative to running complete wire to replace existing, you may find you can run a wire of identical SAE or AWG gauge alongside existing wire. 2 wires of the same gauge = 3 GA increase; ie 2x 10 AWG = 7AWG. Brass connectors (such as a lug to co
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Shell or Castrol... what's in the BMW bottle now? by BMWTurboDzl @ 02/20/15 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: NoTempoLimitI got a dealer oil change on my car in late January and I saw someone at the parts counter buying a few oil bottles. They appeared to be the new blue bottles. Makes me wonder which one (Castrol or Shell) they put in
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: creating Searchable PDF via scanning by stockrex @ 02/20/15 10:04 AM

here is what I ended up with: 1. My canon imageclass comes with software to acquire image and create searchable PDF in one step, but my canon does NOT have a doc feeder. So this is out 2. I could not find my brother scanner's cd or clear confirmation
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Network Attached Storage by stockrex @ 02/20/15 09:59 AM

dedicated nas setup is a waste of time and $$, just buy a sata drive and stick in your main PC and share it out.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New Havoline High Mileage? by racin4ds @ 02/20/15 09:29 AM

No Freds in My area Red91... Our Walmart was the only place I've EVER seen this HM Havoline, even checked Advance and Autozone and do dice
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Originally Posted By: Shannow I posted this link in the interesting articles last night http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/pdfs/hvso_2006/07_fenske.pdf Page 9 has a table that I've not seen presented that way before, which shows the fricti
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Best afternmarket H4 bulb upgrade by Spazdog @ 02/20/15 09:04 AM

Just a regular PIAA H4 60/55w It's pretty far from exceptional but it is noticeably better than the nearly 30 year old H4 that was in there.
Page 26 of 27 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 >