Recent Topics
Android 7 Nougat out.(nexus devices)
by Rand
08/24/16 07:58 AM
Australia to lose its ute?
by supton
08/24/16 07:42 AM
Should I continue using HM Oil after gaskets?
by Fahrenheit
08/24/16 07:03 AM
John Deere 400 garden tractor oil
by Bighorn2500
08/24/16 06:58 AM
Safety violation? who knows...
by CourierDriver
08/24/16 06:14 AM
82 Yamaha Virago 750 engine oil
by Trigger
08/24/16 06:02 AM
Supercheap Auto Father's Day Version 2 sale
by KL31
08/24/16 05:39 AM
$4 Off Fram Oil and Air Filter Combo
by Tony_Mack
08/24/16 05:37 AM
U joints
by dlundblad
08/24/16 04:41 AM
Yamaha Bolt XV950
by FWR132
08/24/16 02:12 AM
Mower revs up/down when cold
by DrRoughneck
08/24/16 12:14 AM
2015 dodge journey crossroad
by hardcore302
08/23/16 10:17 PM
Newest Members
dan0928, basher, Bandita, DaveyJones, OldEuroCarLover
58904 Registered Users
Who's Online
64 registered (Benzadmiral, bmwpowere36m3, AirgunSavant, 09_GXP, 87sammy, ARCOgraphite, 3 invisible), 1437 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58899 Members
66 Forums
253484 Topics
4160895 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Question on builders oil specs approvals by mbacfp @ Today at 07:28 AM

TiredTrucker, I have thought about it a lot as I've followed some of your other posts. My application is always rolling along with 19,000+ pounds and usually towing an additional 6,000 pound tow car. I have been following Ford's severe service rec
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Starting to shop for new tires for my Subie by IveBeenRued @ Today at 07:26 AM

I personally cannot recommend the P7s, especially in the P225/50R17 size that you are looking at. Reason is because I received three defective tires in that exact size earlier this year. Because of how many tires the dealer had to go through I was as
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Belkin Surge Protector 4000 Joules,Any Good? by BeerCan @ Today at 07:26 AM

If you truly want to protect your equipment get a zerosurge or surgex. If you want to pretend your stuff is protected the Belkin is fine.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Pirelli dealers refusing to honor warranty. by IveBeenRued @ Today at 07:15 AM

Quick update: 2/15 - Had to get new tires while on a road trip. 2/16 - Detected an issue on the way home. 2/17 - Got tires road force balanced and an out of round tire was detected. 2/17 through 3/12 - Was refused service by 6 Pirelli dealers and ha
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Your thoughts on Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w-40 by sparky123 @ Today at 07:11 AM

The engine idles/runs extremely smoothly. When I used the other oils, 6 months in the OC I felt the engine started to rev/run not quite as smooth. Hard to describe but noticeable. I doubt I'll find any more of this oil on clearance @ AZ. I also bough
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $4 Off Fram Oil and Air Filter Combo by anl0109 @ Today at 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: paulriIf anyone wants to take advantage of that, I wonder if the Fram promotion would also apply: http://www.fram.com/special-offers/ Fram will give you a rebate of $4 when you buy a Fram oil and air filter. The Fram OEM prom
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Sportster 1200 recommendations by alarmguy @ Today at 07:06 AM

Originally Posted By: 02s4audiI've done some research and have seen that Harleys like the vr1 20w50. Which would be the better option in that, the conventional or synthetic version?.... What oils would you recommend? VR1 20/50 Conventional for you
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Envelope Budget System by supton @ Today at 07:00 AM

When I did our checkbook I used Quicken, would catagorize everything and would occasionally look at the "reports" to see where the money was going. Nothing like tracking to help see where it is going. If you don't want Quicken then do som
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
My 99 Dodge Dakota was burning a quart every 3,000+ miles at 100,000 miles and the mechanic said it wasn't anything to worry about other than to check the level often. Truck ran fine until I traded it in for the 2014 Ford. Enjoy your ride and be hap
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Young people and technology by grampi @ Today at 06:56 AM

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROriginally Posted By: TheExpectorateOriginally Posted By: HTSS_TROriginally Posted By: andrewgNo...it's not fine to text at a red light. Do you know how many lights I've missed because the idiot twenty-something in front
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by MoparMan1891 @ Today at 06:52 AM

Fresh oil change yesterday! Out : Honda factory fill 0W-20 with factory filter. In : M1 0W-20 AFE with Honda filter.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Craftsman riding mowers by JeepWJ19 @ Today at 06:47 AM

I thought all riding lawn mowers are the same today and it doesn't really matter specifically by brand? I thought the only major difference was Kohler vs B&S...
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: I went and did it.... by dlayman @ Today at 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By: exranger06I noticed this vehicle is not in your signature any more and there's a 2016 Civic there instead. Was wondering what happened? He mentioned elsewhere that the very low seating of the Mazda was causing him back problem
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 F150 2.7 5W-30 PUP 5400 MILES by 09_GXP @ Today at 06:44 AM

Okay, I got what you're saying now. I spoke to Ford about the OLM not going down quicker and they assured me that a wide range of engine parameters are taken into account when suggesting the OCI. I've heard of it working well for some other F150 engi
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
I'm emptying my can of Liquid Wrench and using my Kroil (my brother went to Nashville so NO SHIPPING!) I always; APPLY HIT WITH WIRE BRUSH REAPPLY SEE YA TOMORROW Blows my mind (not difficult) to see people spray then reach for a wrench. What are
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Who likes their older mower? by Lubener @ Today at 06:40 AM

My father has a recycler like the one on the left, it mulches poorly, never was any good and doesn't compare to even my Craftsman.
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Are you saying you already ran the Kendall Syn BLEND 10K or that you plan to? I wouldn't go 10K on a 'Blend' unless it was virtually all highway driving.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by Oldmoparguy1 @ Today at 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: FsharpOriginally Posted By: sxg6One more odd observation that I'm going to look into more. I notice that after I shower, often times the water level in the toilet goes down in that bathroom. The water draining from your showe
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Supercheap Auto Father's Day Version 2 sale by KL31 @ Today at 05:39 AM

So the geniuses at SCA are having another father's day sale. Most oil prices are no better than before, some worse BUT... two massive oil price drops are happening on Saturday and Sunday 27/28 August. On Saturday 27th, Castrol RX diesel is on sale
Jump to new posts Re: Best oil for stock 1982 Beetle 1200? by NH73 @ Today at 05:32 AM

Over in the lawn mower or OPE part of the forum. A lot of people there like HDEO oils for there air cooled engines.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Towing a heavy trailer by Zaedock @ Today at 05:07 AM

You don't typically use WD hitches with surge brakes. The WD setup will not allow the coupler to function and apply the brakes. There are a few specialized WD setups (Reese I think) that make a funky system.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: RAID 0 on old SSD by PandaBear @ Today at 04:49 AM

After alignment this is what I got: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CrystalDiskMark 5.1.2 x64 (C) 2007-2016 hiyohiyo Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/ --------------------
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new mechanical pencil by dlundblad @ Today at 04:48 AM

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/893385/Pentel-Sharp-Automatic-Drafting-Pencils-09/ Available in mustard yellow or light blue.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Done with Sandisk USB Sticks by PandaBear @ Today at 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SR20DE The microSD card in my phone died recently, went to RAW mode and could not be re-partitioned to FAT/FAT32. It was a Samsung 32 GB EVO. I was able to at least recover my photos using that EaseUS software (Testdisk didn'
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: SO much cheaper to do brakes yourself.. by The Critic @ Today at 04:48 AM

I have been on both sides of this table (customer and as a provider). Brake jobs are seemingly easy, but most brake jobs are not performed properly and providers tend to leave out many of the key steps (or perform them inadequately). Cleaning the hub
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 >