Recent Topics
1997 Shell Product Data Book - XHVI Lubes
by Shannow
10 minutes 48 seconds ago
Kohler engine likes to burn oil as much as gas.
by cwatkin
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Front wheel bearing issue
by JHZR2
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
Preferences
by 01_celica_gt
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
91 Civic Hatch 3dr Si coolant hose
by Gito
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Who rev matches their downshifts?
by Klutch9
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
'08 BMW 328xi, BMW 5W30, 10.5k OCI, 57k vehicle
by grumpyoldman
Yesterday at 09:35 PM
1 yr, 3 yr, 5yr or since inception?
by bustednutz
Yesterday at 08:45 PM
2009 Mustang 4.0 Tremec fluid
by Skeet6
Yesterday at 08:35 PM
where to order slip on rocker panels
by eljefino
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
Accords MPG on recent trip...
by gregk24
Yesterday at 07:27 PM
Built in oven-microwave combination recommendation
by Pablo
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
Newest Members
SparkSVT, grumpyoldman, jbl_91762, PapasGuy, fanie
51170 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (Doug Hillary, HKPolice, bourne, FFeng7, 87sammy, 1 invisible), 614 Guests and 203 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51170 Members
64 Forums
218658 Topics
3447884 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Engine Flush by SnowDrifter @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

If you change your oil on time, there should't be any sludge, and as such no reason to do an engine flush. I'd suggest an engine flush for the people that do 20k OCIs on cheap oil without any knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Originally Posted By: RandWhat is the use of that? secondary baking oven? I'd be lost without some kind of cooktop. You can have a combo convection and microwave up top or just a microwave. The beauty of such a set up is that it saves counter spac
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Dino vs Synthetic 5w30 cold pour test by SnowDrifter @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Huh... So I tossed a synthetic bottle each of mobil 1, valvoline, and amsoil I had laying around in the freezer. Mobil 1 and amsoil got thick, but not much else. Valvoline got thick and cloudy. I didn't observe any cloudyness with the other oils
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro by Trix @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: TrixThe current price on Amazon is pretty good. 40.00 for 6 quarts. Cheaper than Mobile 1 0W40 M1 0w-40 is $22 and change for 5qt jug at Walmart right now. That's hard to beat. Definitely.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: California to ban plastic bags by joaks @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Smoky14I wonder if they are outlawing doggie waste bags as well. Hard enough to get people to pick up with plastic doggie bags. Smoky All of the dog do bags I have seen are biodegradable.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New to me 1995 LS400 172k pics by Brybo86 @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

It might be sooner for me than I would like, I am getting a sound like the starter is still engaged for a half second after starting... Either solenoid or actual starter I'm not sure...I may post a you tube video
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: IF WS2 = ultimate lubricant by 67King @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: dailydriverpaging; 67King! Yeah, I'll get back to this. Someone has tracked me down on a Porsche forum to copy and paste that there, as well. Registered just to ask me that publicly, and the only post made since then. Been
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Toyota Tacoma Extended Drains by Alex38 @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

I'd run the M1 5w30 EP after the warranty is up. Prior to that, get your free changes at the dealer, then run Mobil Super 5w30 for the rest of the warranty. After warranty, go with M1...
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter recommendation by jk_636 @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: dave123Royal Purple 10-2867 order from Jegs and they will put it on your front door step for free. +1. I forgot about the RP filter. They are arguably the most solid filter on the market today.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ac issue on focus STILL!! by ram_man @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Right I know I have to pay but I'm not going to just settle for the way it is. Since paying is a must then I won't settle for anything less than working properly all the time.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra XG2 15,109 Miles [Cut Open] by 2010_FX4 @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: ShellguyI love this filter but cant stand the start up rattle i get on my 2009 f150( 5.4 ). Back to motorcraft filter Strange; I have not experienced any, but you cannot go wrong with an MC filter either. It was all that I use
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Paint "bubbling" by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

Take it back and be very firm. Insist that they replace the sheet metal.
Jump to new posts Re: New Ford Transit E350 with Ecoboost 3.5--Oil Rec by IndyFan @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Miller88What does the seating arrangement look like? Just a bunch of benches or partial benches? The rear seats look like 13 individual seats, although some are joined together. The second row is a joined group of 3 seats, th
Jump to new posts Re: 91 Civic Hatch 3dr Si coolant hose by Chris142 @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

most paces would call it a heater hose.and may include things such as heater to pipe or engine to valve etc
Jump to new posts Re: Getting back a downpayment on a vehicle by otis24 @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Whether it is a "custom" order or not, the dealership will probably be stuck with the Vette. Would they have ordered this car to stick on their lot, tying up their capital for a car that may not sell, other than for the fact that your fri
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: What pressure for towing? by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: MNgopherAnd last, how old is that tire you took a picture of Nick? I hope that isn't what a maximum loaded trailer load is going to be towed with. With sidwalls looking like that I'd have been at the tire shop putting new tire
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 F150 Triton oil consumption by INTJ @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: DoogOriginally Posted By: circuitsmithOriginally Posted By: Cujet5000 mile OCI's. That's the key between you and the OP, IMHO. No way I would run a 12,000 mile OCI unless all light load highway miles, regardless of what oil or
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by thunderfog @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

The '14 Impreza with 20,560 miles: Out: Kendall GT1 FS 0W-20, ~5700 miles on oil, OEM Subaru filter In: Kendall GT1 FS 0W-20 Would love to leave that oil go a little longer, but the warranty is 6k miles for the '14 Impreza. Also, I'm taking a l
Jump to new posts Re: help me decide by otis24 @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Anything with a GM 3.8 motor.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bosch Premium 3423 Cut Open (Money Shots Only) by SilverC6 @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisLooks like it wanted to tear but luckily you ran it shorter than specified so that didn't happen. The power of negative thinking.... That way, the facts don't get in the way of your beliefs.
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Corolla Catalytic Converter Compatability by 01_celica_gt @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: NoeyYou changed out your cat as a precaution? To what? If you google cat, you can find manufacturers that make OE type installations reasonably chaeply. At least you'd get new, and you dont really want to go thru the hassle
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire swap: Dodge GC/Chrysler T&C by otis24 @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

The wheels on the Dodge are pretty beat up. I can probably get them mounted and balanced at Wally World fairly cheaply. If not, I will invest that money towards new tires instead.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Tiller identification by Kruse @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: cptbarkeythanks everyone, will get it cleaned up, has quite a bit of caked up dirt, and what a strange figure 8 belt system. We had one of those when I was a kid, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Monkey Wards. I believe that f
Jump to new posts Re: I think it is sludge but not sure by Doog @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: RobDlouisvilleAny advice as to whether it may be sludge and what should I do to hasten a clean up? Thanks - RD Just buy regular 5w30 oil at Walmart with a Fram orange can and change it every 3000 miles. Get one of those gallon
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: snow tires for sale by bdzik @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

yes,it is Scranton,PA 18504.
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >