3 minutes 11 seconds ago
Exhaust paste or silicone?
by BMWTurboDzl
54 minutes 15 seconds ago
(4) Virgin Filters Cut-(2)FL400S-L14476
-PH7317

by DirtyMoe21
Today at 07:30 AM
Synthetic Blends, redemption through dexos?
by wemay
Today at 07:04 AM
New job needed, territory sales desired
by Chris Meutsch
Today at 06:52 AM
PPM calculations
by HighMileCummins
Today at 01:56 AM
Overheard at Toyota
by bobbob
Today at 01:39 AM
10/21-11/17 AutoZone Ad
by tenderloin
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Digital Pop Star Round 2: Hatsune Miku in 'Murrica
by Nick R
Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Driving on a metal grate
by y_p_w
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Seem like antique old school guy dont give a rat .
by MetalSlug
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
lubegard power care 2 stroke oil and reconditioner
by fixit301
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
Newest Members
l1tech, greyghost, banderso, ovidiu, joeymaker
51648 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (AandPDan, AITG, A_Harman, 2004tdigls, 147_Grain, 10 invisible), 1471 Guests and 211 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51648 Members
64 Forums
220991 Topics
3492874 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Seem like antique old school guy dont give a rat . by OVERKILL @ 33 minutes 7 seconds ago

To echo another poster, I don't think it matters. These cars usually have poor air filtration/no air filtration too and don't get driven a whole heck of a lot. These aren't cars that are being DD'd to work and racking up hundreds of thousands of mile
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Auto industry complaints. Vent yours by Mykl @ 36 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonI probably wasn't clear enough. These cars that burn oil at a qt/1k new: do we absolutely know that they won't run to 200k+? They might, I'm sure many of them do. I think the problem comes into play when they're passed
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Savage 10BA in .338 Lapua by OVERKILL @ 49 minutes 0 seconds ago

You may find it amusing but my .308 has a brake too (10 FCP-K) and for some reason the PO put one on my .223 LOL! The .308 is deadly consistent at 100 and 200 yards. It is more accurate than I am.
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 HD ROAD KING - HARLEY SYN3 20W/50 by alarmguy @ 50 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RevRiderGood Morning Steve and Rossn2 & To All Who Replied, ... When I changed oil the other day, the bike had 4,010 miles, I put in Valvoline Motorcycle Syn, 20/50 as I agree there are better oils than HD's product. I am
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: TCW3 question with fuel by -SyN- @ 52 minutes 24 seconds ago

I will also say! We have NEVER had a Code show up due to the TCW3. No issue with O2 Sensors or Cats!
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Schaeffer's 132 by Spector @ 54 minutes 43 seconds ago

still use it, i ounce per quart at oil change and that's about it.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Set my mind at ease, please by bigt61 @ Today at 07:25 AM

My buddy's 2008 Impala V6 only holds 4 qts - he's paranoid about letting it get low and he only uses full synthetic. 4 qts doesn't seem bad in a small 4 cylinder, but it does seem low in a V6.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: '13 WRX: Mobil 1 ESP 5w30, 6,590 mi by bluesubie @ Today at 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: ImpatientI really want to listen and ask, not "tell." But for '13 WRX, is Subaru OK with 6-7K OCI's? Officially they aren't on older turbo's, such as my 07. Doesn't look like shear was any sort of problem on your
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody spraying Fluid Film regularly? by supton @ Today at 07:01 AM

I've only been at for about a full year now (sprayed my truck last year, then all three this fall). Once rust starts all you can do is slow it down--IMO the big thing is getting oil onto unrusted metal so it won't have a chance. But in the rust bel
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you go on factory fill? by Hokiefyd @ Today at 06:57 AM

Originally Posted By: used_0ilI'll change the oil on my next new vehicle at 1,000 miles and send it to anyone who thinks it is good, and they can pour it into their new car or truck engine. If you fall back on this logic, then no oil change you ever
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol 5 quarts rolled back at Walmart by Jimzz @ Today at 06:52 AM

They just raised the price of the high mileage and conventional Castrol and Valvoline here in NoVA.
Jump to new posts Re: Help me Improve gas mileage in my escape by supton @ Today at 06:45 AM

I have not driven a Corolla, but on my stick cars I can drive w/o using throttle to make it take off in first. First step in learning how to drive a stick is to learn how to get full clutch engagement without using any throttle. And even to go up t
I'm contemplating selling my Jetta due to a bad manual transmission. They do wear out. At least on my Jetta I should be able to find (easily) another transmission. My Camry might be a bit harder to source a trans if/when it dies.
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO Pricing/Decision by wemay @ Today at 06:40 AM

This thread has taken an interesting turn. We too have an extended warranty. We looked over various quotes from multiple dealerships that were offering below mkt value prices on 2014 Sonata (redesigned 2015s were on the lot) through truecar.com. The
Jump to new posts Re: Hot Oil Rustproofing formula? by supton @ Today at 06:39 AM

Fluid Film too thick? Care to elaborate? I'm into my second year of using it, and bought a gallon of it this year, as I found the rattle cans too thin for my liking.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best Oil Filter For A 2001 Toyota Avalon V6 by sayjac @ Today at 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: RF OverlordOriginally Posted By: crazyoildudeIm pretty sure Toyota filters........You're not even close. Toyota filters made by Denso in Thailand... Correct, the oem Toyota filters are Denso made in Thailand. Is now and have be
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: GM coolant tabs & core job by Shannow @ Today at 06:24 AM

Yes, but they were the big tabs...with generic green A/F at $10/qt, I can't waste the stuff on my windows.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: One Month Review - 2014 Accord EX-L by Miller88 @ Today at 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By: BowNisParOriginally Posted By: Miller88Originally Posted By: gregk24Originally Posted By: LT4 VetteI rented a 2014 Accord LX and I thought it was a great car. CVT was actually quite a surprise how smooth it was from 40 MPH to 1
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Menards - QS full synthetic by ThirdeYe @ Today at 05:58 AM

Thanks for letting me know. I called them last night but they were closed, so I left a voicemail. I had issues with another rebate, too, where you had to scan it to get the fuel rewards. I scanned it but never heard anything back. I just never got ar
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola Information by Shannow @ Today at 05:50 AM

My wife brought up a facebook quote that I thought pertinent... You are more likely to have been married to Kim Kardashian than have died of Ebola if you are a US citizen...seeing as she seems into blokes, the odds are twice as good.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Home Solar Electric by Shannow @ Today at 05:31 AM

These seminars are run by the same types of people who * sell retirement investment plans * rental "investment" housing interstate * resort holidays * time share stuff. Solar can work for many people (may as well get in myself soon), but t
Jump to new posts Re: What's your favorite oil/filter? by Darren_L @ Today at 05:14 AM

Depends on the vehicle. For my Chevelle, Brad Penn 10w30 with a Wix filter. For any of my daily drivers, Mobil 1 High Mileage with a Wix filter.
Jump to new posts Re: Duron-E in gas engine? by used_0il @ Today at 04:58 AM

I'll buy it from you. It's my go-to winter oil in everything except the 320X John Deer which has 0W40 PC in it. How can you tell that your 5W40 is a winter oil? Well, the 5W test is performed at -30C for ease of engine cranking. Border-line
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I want to scream... by Subdued @ Today at 04:39 AM

the guy said he going to try taking a pipe wrench to it so im thinking the head is still attached
Jump to new posts Re: Any Dodge Challenger Owners Out There? by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: MCompactThis is the CPO 2010 SRT that keeps threatening to wreck my debt-equity ratio- 18k miles for $29k Life is short, eat your desert first!
Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 ... 22 23 >