by writer
11/25/15 07:16 PM
PPU 5w20, 4740 miles, 2014 Wrangler
by Commo
11/25/15 06:46 PM
Castro GTX Tri Shield unique?
by Jake777
11/25/15 06:29 PM
Unique tire situation for my father's car...
by InvalidUserID
11/25/15 06:05 PM
Installing woven wire fencing
by cat843
11/25/15 06:00 PM
Chevron Delo 400 LE 15W-40 + 5W-40 = ?
by 2015_PSD
11/25/15 05:48 PM
F1 - 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
by gofast182
11/25/15 05:31 PM
Mobil 1 HM 5w30, 8100mi, 99 Civic 213k
by InvalidUserID
11/25/15 05:25 PM
British DNA Collection...
by Shannow
11/25/15 05:12 PM
Hawk 'Quiet Slot' rotors?
by dailydriver
11/25/15 05:10 PM
Pennzoil HM stopped a leak
by Jake777
11/25/15 05:04 PM
Wix 51515 Cut Open. After 400KM. Sludge Alert.
by Farmer
11/25/15 05:01 PM
Newest Members
Mortamer, adama, dwilliamgum, HuggerOrange, KarlZ28
56124 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (01rangerxl, 2015_PSD, 3800Series, Al, 97tbird, 05LGTLtd, 15 invisible), 1420 Guests and 132 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56124 Members
66 Forums
241066 Topics
3905265 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Unique tire situation for my father's car... by Toaster_Jer @ 51 minutes 56 seconds ago

I'd just get a couple of cheap Douglas tires or something at Walmart or somewhere and keep it in your wallet. Any two will do.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: The highest mileage vehicle you own and have owned by dnastrau @ 52 minutes 40 seconds ago

I had a 1981 Mercedes 300SD (W126) that had 265K miles when I sold it because of rust issues. The engine and transmission were original as far as I know. That 3 liter 5 cylinder turbodiesel would still top out at 110+ on a flat airport road. I cur
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: What does Liqui-Moly CERATEC do? by BLKROKT @ 54 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dailydriver THANK YOU! Lime Rock, NJ Motorsports Park, Pocono?? (Where do you open track this beast) No problem. I'm a big believer in hard data. Put a 300ml bottle in for about 8.5 quarts of M1 0W-40. I'm trying this bec
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: I know how much you guys like sludge pics so... by dave1251 @ 54 minutes 42 seconds ago

It looks like my cousins 70's pickup did at 300K+ miles. Nothing to worry about. Keep you the basic maintenance and it will be fine.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 HM 5w30, 8100mi, 99 Civic 213k by car51 @ 56 minutes 19 seconds ago

Nice UOA and I think the engine is doing well. I'll cut your filter very soon. Thanks for sharing the UOA Nathan
Jump to new posts Re: NOACK test issues surface by BobFout @ Today at 06:37 PM

Years ago, engines wore out from using that 10w30 oil instead of 10w40. Then they wore out from 5w30, later it was due to 5w20.
Jump to new posts Re: Castro GTX Tri Shield unique? by Jake777 @ Today at 06:35 PM

lol... yes i know its likely all marketing but it would be interesting if someone knew what this polymer was. is this that type of polymer others have talked about being esters or whatever...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good Texans by fdcg27 @ Today at 06:32 PM

Good for them! Too bad for the perp. He would have been long gone by the time the cops arrived. Citizen action at its finest. No, the woman should not have discharged her weapon, but that fortunately did no harm.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Flat Tappet Oil Selection by BobFout @ Today at 06:31 PM

No cats on diesels... that hasn't been since 2007 or before?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Going local for tires by raytseng @ Today at 06:29 PM

Go to a chassis tire/wheel shop that isn't a chain; and doesn't do things like lifetime rotations and charges for each service and you'll get setup nicely. Go on tirerack and you can get a list of installers who are happy to install tires purchase
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Russian jet shot down by Bluestream @ Today at 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4What bothers me the most about this incident is those rebels shooting the pilots while they were still parachuting to the ground. And if that wasn't enough, they had to destroy the helicopter carrying the troops on thei
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Originally Posted By: Chris 2421Don't quote articles,SHOW ME THAT IT'S THE BAD STUFF YOU SAY IT IS.Show me the rusted calipers,the spongy pedals,the anti lock system that either failed or doesn't work properly anymore because of DOT 5 brake fluid.I h
Jump to new posts Re: Russian plane down by MolaKule @ Today at 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeightThe Small Spit of land the Turks claimed the Russians were flying over is a few miles wide, with Syria on both sides. How could they possibly give 10 warnings in 5 minutes when the piece of Turkish airspace the su-24
Automotive General Topics
Originally Posted By: shinyOriginally Posted By: sleddriverBig, wide A & C pillars + high belt-line is just dangerous to me. The 98 sled looks like an aquarium in contrast. Just how is that "safer" overall? This is why cars are starti
Jump to new posts Re: MG "B" Series Engines and Oils by fdcg27 @ Today at 06:17 PM

The only time that I felt the lack of an oil cooler in my MGB was on a day of insanely fast long-haul interstate traffic, where I was able to run more than 4500 revs continuously for many miles on a very hot day. For an MGB without overdrive, like m
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Tonight's Moon by JHZR2 @ Today at 06:16 PM

Tonight we had a nice full moon. I love doing moon shots, so I pulled out the tripod and took a couple shots. These are the two best, one just cropped, one cropped and I tried an unsharp mask on it...
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Small crack in crankcase by philipp10 @ Today at 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: heyuA thrown rod , even has 3/4 long cracks in 3 spots and you say this is a NICE B$S motor ?? , I would put it back on the curb where you found it the reason I said it was nice is the rest of it looks great. The rod threw du
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How is battery 'free replacement' usually done? by philipp10 @ Today at 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe_PowerOriginally Posted By: raytsengOriginally Posted By: surfstarOriginally Posted By: Joe_PowerAbout a month before the "Free replacement" warrant is up, I take the battery out of the car and drain it. Then I hook
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Phosphates ,and dishwashers. by Bandito440 @ Today at 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleStop blaming the detergent for your lousy dishwasher or your own incompetence. That's pretty severe. I know that phosphates clean much better with my (very) hard well water, so I use the Cascade Commercial. The Finish Q
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Next James Bond film by 97tbird @ Today at 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspAll I know is that I'm happy Idris Elba is not going to be the next Bond. Nothing against him, but that would NOT be staying true to the original character developed in the novels. Bond should stay the same as descr
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake question by supton @ Today at 06:01 PM

Will do, next time. Got my truck inspected today; they said it had 8mm. I measured the AZ024 pads, and they are 5mm for the backing plate, 11.5mm for the material. The paperwork indicates 3 to 5mm is marginal, and less than 3 is bad, so I have 8mm
Hydraulic Fluids
Jump to new posts Re: 3 ton jack low on oil can i use jd hygard ? by joegreen @ Today at 05:57 PM

I used some hygard and bled out the air and it's working great. Only time will tell if the seals are compatible but im sure they are.
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Blackstone raises their basic price by Toaster_Jer @ Today at 05:54 PM

I do not like the price I pay at Blackstone but I sure appreciate their input especially with extended drains involved. If one is new at using UOA, they may be the best. I have taken that experience in tow and bought 3 Wix/NAPA kits for almost the p
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil HM stopped a leak by BrocLuno @ Today at 05:52 PM

Yup, and they are good oils to boot
Jump to new posts Re: 1000 miles in the new Malibu by ls1mike @ Today at 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: CujetNot a sports car, not a boat. But plenty competent. And, I love the turbo engines. So the turbo version gets a few suspension tweaks and does drive different than the ECO/Rental version. For what it is I am happy with it.
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >