by chevman4life
07/23/14 09:54 PM
Good filters for 2013 kia sorento 3.5L
by Alltherage
07/23/14 09:29 PM
Rust-Oleum Restore
by OneEyeJack
07/23/14 09:27 PM
20w50 or 15w40 Brad Penn year round in Chicago?
by cnowak1
07/23/14 09:26 PM
Anyone tried/use Ortho-K?
by lawman1909
07/23/14 09:07 PM
Not Quite Ready For Craigslist
by earlyre
07/23/14 08:41 PM
Am I the only one?
by mrsilv04
07/23/14 07:53 PM
Newest Members
Patrick0525, offroad1, cnowak1, Dave13, HuskyPilot
50737 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (AMC, 01rangerxl, abycat, 2010_FX4, 901Memphis, 8 invisible), 1607 Guests and 239 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50737 Members
64 Forums
216695 Topics
3410711 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Modern lyrical gems vs mainstream garbage? by OVERKILL @ 42 minutes 10 seconds ago

OK, back from the dead again for another addition: Five Finger Death Punch - Cold I'm gazing upward; a world I can't embrace There's only thorns and splinters; venom in my veins It's OK to cry out when it's driving you insane But somehow someday I
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline 5w40, 2941 miles, 2011 MercedesBenz E350 by edyvw @ 48 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: abycatThe Mobil should give you better numbers than the valvolene. imo. Better numbers? What is wrong with these numbers? BTW, here is M1 after 11K miles in the 3-liter version of this engine
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Civic R18 6k mi Mobil 1 AFE 0w20 two Labs by mtxjohn @ 49 minutes 0 seconds ago

Wow, those wear metals are ridiculous for a Honda. Why don't you use some true synthetic instead of base 3 pretend synthetic? Like..amsoil sso, redline, pennsoil ultra? I ran 10,500 miles on redline with 1 ppm aluminum in a j32. If it cost less tha
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rust-Oleum Restore by Donald @ Today at 09:49 PM

I am told its a pain to apply and does not go far. And expensive. I would consider buying a QT of it (if sold) and try it on part of my deck as a test. Please let us know how it works for you.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Harley-Davidson Oil Capacities by BigCahuna @ Today at 09:42 PM

I never understood why people think Harley denied the use of synthetic oil. They stated that they never tested it, so that's why they didn't recommend it's use in their motorcycles. If for some reason it didn't work out, they would be liable to fix a
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Good filters for 2013 kia sorento 3.5L by gregk24 @ Today at 09:37 PM

Oil: QSUD / QSGB Filter: OEM Kia
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD 5w-20, 7835 mi, Honda Fit Sport by Pajamarama @ Today at 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: mcabal25what oil % was your MM when you changed it? 30%
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The worst rental car I've ever had by 01rangerxl @ Today at 09:29 PM

A ton of Galants, especially towards the end of their run, were sold to rental fleets. Mitsubishi couldn't get rid of the [censored] things otherwise. It is a poor excuse for a car in this day and age. In 2001 it would have been an okay car. That
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pinging on hot days w/AC on, premium grade? by Rosetta @ Today at 09:26 PM

My Scooby started to ping and the remedy was 2 new fuel injectors. It doesn't ping/rattle/knock anymore. Poor mixture has too quick of a combustion and makes weird noises.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried/use Ortho-K? by lawman1909 @ Today at 09:20 PM

Haha Didn't even think of it till you mentioned that! It sure does though
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: What is the latest on the TWC/Comcast deal? by MrHorspwer @ Today at 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Miller88My understanding: Comcast wants to buy TWC but nothing official has taken place. The powers that be at TWC are okay with this. 21st Century Fox just threw out an offer and it was rejected. To me, it seems that the pow
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: So assume my oil filter media is torn... by edhackett @ Today at 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: davinciOriginally Posted By: ZeeOSixSynopsis of the study. http://papers.sae.org/2007-01-4133/ I was getting ready to call you a smart [censored]! I didn't even know what I should put in google to start the search. Also, an
Oil Filters
@Norman - Is this the first time you're using the ML1002 ? I'm on the fence about using the one I have on my Accord.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Malaysian 777 shot down over Ukraine by friendly_jacek @ Today at 09:04 PM

Latest news: Quote:Relative of MH17 victim Cameron Dalziel says their family had to cancel his credit cards because they are being used in Ukraine. Quote:There have been a number of similar reports in the Netherlands. I assume rebels are buying ne
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: H-D Trans Fluid: Amsoil MCV 20W-50 or SVT 75W-110 by SwedishRider @ Today at 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: DucmanIf I remember correctly, the original brief of the earlier thread was for a recommendation of one oil for all 3 holes, which was inline with the HD recommendation when they brought out the SYN 3 oil. I was actually looki
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Fords new 2.7 vs Chevy 5.3 vs Dodge 3.0 Diesel by 01rangerxl @ Today at 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Cujet I'm not going to claim they get 52 MPG, or are faster than a big block Chevy powered pickup. The 5.3L isn't what I'd call a "big block." The biggest question for me is the longevity of a twin turbo, small disp
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: My listing on craigslist. by earlyre @ Today at 08:53 PM

if anyone was following this, check out My "Not Quite ready For Craigslist" Thread: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3433799/Not_Quite_Ready_For_Craigslist
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Shoes -- better grip than Wagner TQ? by tommygunn @ Today at 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: The_EricMehh... The ones I have done have gotten better, but (I know you don't want to hear this) I haven't found a shoe in today's day and age that beats or even parallels an OE shoe. Keep in mind the majority of the ones I h
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Questions (Mower) by Alltherage @ Today at 08:48 PM

Switching to synthetic in our 26hp kohler made a ton of difference. No more startup smoke or consumption. With the price of supertech or other store brand warren products, I can't find a reason not to change it every 25hr. Air cooled lawn mowershave
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: K&N Cool Air intake, '13 2.0L Dart by MCompact @ Today at 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackI must have misread the marketing material on several of these types of filters. They claimed a performance increase. It appears that these filters setups are for looks and noise. They also have an application where on
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I Am Selling My Engine Shop We Made The Deal Today by crazyoildude @ Today at 08:46 PM

i will still own the building at this point but i am having second thoughts the memories and the years when i was a kid there he is going to replace the garage doors which are in ok shape i used to paint them with my dad
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 06 Ford Focus commuter by toneydoc @ Today at 08:44 PM

That Motorcraft blend is a fine oil and will function easily for 5k miles. And probably much more. After your free changes, all the oils you mention are fine oils are well. Use the full synthetics up to 7500 miles at least. Dino oils easily do 50
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5w-30 in 2014 Camry 2AR-FE by edhackett @ Today at 08:42 PM

Ford believes that 5W-50 is the best option for a tracked Mustang. That is the recommended viscosity for the GT Track Pack. The standard GT has programming that cuts power when the oil temperatures get too high for the 5W-20. The Track Pack cars have
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Who's Moving On? by grampi @ Today at 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: grampiOh please, you can't be serious! You would had to have your head buried in the sand for the last 20 years not to know about the Fram can
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: oil for my '15 6.7 Powerstroke by simplistic @ Today at 08:25 PM

As long as it's cj4 use it. Wouldn't hurt anything.
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >