Recent Topics
GM worker Saves a life on company property.
by Charlie1935
02/10/16 03:43 PM
Idle wear
by DrRoughneck
02/10/16 03:27 PM
Download a WHOLE site? AllData, Toyota TIS etc
by SumpChump
02/10/16 03:07 PM
Mixing washer fluid with windex?
by 55Test
02/10/16 02:48 PM
Car won't start, no gas movement observed, pump?
by Hal9000
02/10/16 02:39 PM
Mixing premuim with regular gas
by KevinV
02/10/16 02:38 PM
Winchester 9mm steel case
by Sonic
02/10/16 02:33 PM
Towing an automatic, rear-wheel drive?
by Hal9000
02/10/16 02:33 PM
Concealed Cell Phone Permits
by Doog
02/10/16 02:03 PM
Belgian Castrol 0w30 / 2500mi / '04 Volvo S60 2.5T
by charlesb2003
02/10/16 01:52 PM
2013 VW GTI - Engine oil recommendation
by phem0r
02/10/16 01:45 PM
Automotive Firmware updates - who does them?
by OVERKILL
02/10/16 01:14 PM
Newest Members
pocketdrummer, bspag, Lana, phem0r, 19kj57
56882 Registered Users
Who's Online
129 registered (440Magnum, 2015_PSD, 69GTX, 4ever4d, 05LGTLtd, 15 invisible), 1709 Guests and 225 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56881 Members
66 Forums
244513 Topics
3982035 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Belgian Castrol 0w30 / 2500mi / '04 Volvo S60 2.5T by Pontual @ 47 minutes 38 seconds ago

Insolubles are high for the mileage at 0.3%, but the lab detected just 280ppm of moly in the sample after adding a full can of MOS2? Plating all that in 2.5k miles? Ended on filter or poor detection? Id send to rerun
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl picks by gman2304 @ 48 minutes 32 seconds ago

Newton should watch Peyton Mannings post game press conference after Denver lost to Seattle 43-8. He could probably learn something.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Ultra 5w20 / 7500mi / '08 Ford Fusion 3.0 by Best F100 @ 49 minutes 32 seconds ago

Thanks for posting this UOA. It is of interest to me because I have 5 - 5 qt containers of this same, Pennzoil Ultra 5W20, API SN, GF-5 to use up, beginning this spring. In my case, it will be going in a 2004 Ford Focus (2.3L Duratec) & a 2010 Fo
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing washer fluid with windex? by earlyre @ 57 minutes 45 seconds ago

Freeze would be my only concern... 2 January's ago, when I bought my car, we were in the middle of " the polar vortex", and temps here stayed subzero for nearly a month(very rare here), with strong winds. It's reservoir was both full, and
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Thanks Garak and QuattroPete for the info
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: what rodent starts up at 6PM to 7PM by andyd @ Today at 03:01 PM

Geez I never thought of putting the cat into the attic for the night. Thats a good one I'm between cats presently but I had a pair that were good mousers. . I have good luck with snap traps . I have about 10 of them. PB works great. Jus
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Wiha screwdrivers by Trav @ Today at 02:49 PM

An almost useless feature IMO is the hex bolster. I never ran across a screw yet that was harder than the driver and wouldn't cam out if torqued enough. Putting uneven torque on one side of the driver with a wrench just makes it worse. If they are t
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: I've Become a Ballistol Advocate. by bunnspecial @ Today at 02:47 PM

FWIW, for those of you using Ballistol, are you using the aerosol can or the pump can? I have and keep both around. I find that there's a noticeable difference in viscosity between the two(with the aerosol being less viscous) and also find the smell
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: I Finally Pulled the Trigger... by Bladecutter @ Today at 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteWell, we have one child and not planning on any more, but when family visits, it'd be nice to have more space. Alas, they visit so rarely, that maybe it really makes no sense to get a minivan just for it. Yup, ju
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Baldor Grinders: Red vs. Blue by Trav @ Today at 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: cdm1993Is there any difference between these two? Sure there is, one is blue the other red. Other than that nothing.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic transmission longevity: fluids & OCI by PandaBear @ Today at 02:24 PM

The problem with today's transmission is they don't have much ATF in the pan, and they are hard to change (i.e. coolant goes into the transmission to cool the ATF instead of ATF goes into the radiator for cooling). I would change ATF if it is easy t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Super Tech Syn 5/30 by Kuato @ Today at 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: wjliI like it for my two Toyotas. Fixed it for you. /apostrophe nazi
Jump to new posts Re: 1mzfe owners by slacktide_bitog @ Today at 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake777To answer that question I recently got burned by switching a older high mileage van from conventional to synthetic so honestly I'm afraid to go full synthetic. Consider a high mileage synthetic, like M1HM or Maxlife s
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: walmart supertech oil on sale. by umungus1122 @ Today at 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: JustinHFor $12 you can get a 5 quart jug of Shell Formula from Home Depot and don't have to deal with Walmart. I've been feeding that to our Matrix for the past year. All you do is walk back to the pick-up counter, and get you
Jump to new posts Re: OLM goes down with car sitting up? by Kuato @ Today at 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: mobilaltimaMy buddies grandmaw passed away in July 2015, and he inherited her 2012 Ford Escape with only 15k miles. I changed the oil in it not long after he got it, reset the OLM to 100%, and in that time, hes put exactly 1 mil
Jump to new posts Re: Changing Oil By Time Instead Of Mileage ?? by KitaCam @ Today at 01:47 PM

This may sound counter-intuitive, but.... ....the more miles you drive a year the FEWER OCs are required....assuming that those miles are on the highway where the engine wear and the oil depletion is FAR less than few miles around town (referred to a
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 silverado dealer oil change by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 01:42 PM

^^^Absolutely true. No way a real skilled mechanic is going to be doing oil changes unless there's no work. I have had terrible experiences at my GM dealer with the "free" oil changes. Just completely quit even trying there. I must say m
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Dilbert & Far Side desk calenders by Eddie @ Today at 01:41 PM

I thought they mostly be of interest for the daily JOKES.
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy-duty combustion chamber cleaner by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 01:37 PM

We run a fleet of GM 5.3's and 6.0's. Carbon knocking is a familiar complaint here. 2 cups of Kreen in the gas tank removes every trace of it FAST...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: talent doesn't pay like it used to. by Panzerman @ Today at 01:29 PM

I am seeing the same thing where I work and I will be switching jobs-soon. They are hiring new inexperienced people cheaply with the thoughts of training them Problem is once they are trained they leave. This is a terrible business model but its clea
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: FWD vs AWD. Is it worth it? by dblshock @ Today at 01:29 PM

time for another 12" bob marley, these subie owners just kill me.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: What's with Continental tires? by Hollow @ Today at 01:22 PM

I just ordered 2 sets of Continental TrueContacts for our 2 Outbacks in 225/60/16H. After rebates from the current DTD promotion, it was $550 total for the 2 sets. That's less than I paid for the Michelin Primacy MXV4 that is getting replaced on on
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cutter for 5" and up filters by car51 @ Today at 01:21 PM

Thanks for that link; I decided to get that one.
Jump to new posts Re: API SG,SJ and SL Zddp levels by 440Magnum @ Today at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriverSo basically i should not worry about zddp too much since my engine is well worn in and it's got a stock cam right? That is correct. Get a reputable (modern rated) oil, and you'll be in good shape. It would be
Jump to new posts Re: Georgia bans 71 oils from 29 brands by mark pruett @ Today at 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ToadUSoon they might even regulate how often your allows to change you oil to help the "environment". You, your family and everyone you know live in it, regardless of whether you put it in quotes to make it seem fraud
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >