by ThirdeYe
Today at 09:53 AM
Why Direct Injection Develop Carbon Deposits
by CELICA_XX
Today at 09:31 AM
Found a Repair Manual Site - LEGIT??
by SumpChump
Today at 09:30 AM
Drilling hole in front strut mount bigger.
by MobilinHyundia
Today at 09:28 AM
1998 Ford 5.4 "chirping" noise
by Stelth
Today at 09:18 AM
Am I out of touch?
by mrsilv04
Today at 08:52 AM
favorite zerk fitting cleaner
by Donald
Today at 08:51 AM
Are Master Keys real?
by MalfunctionProne
Today at 08:50 AM
Newest Members
stephen44, car20022004, just1n020, GTWBoss302, RapidRide2
52665 Registered Users
Who's Online
94 registered (3800Series, 2sld3kf2bt, 90crvtec, 29662, -SyN-, 8 invisible), 1785 Guests and 169 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52665 Members
66 Forums
225775 Topics
3593208 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Function by Quattro Pete @ Today at 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2The only issue I encounter is the random logout on Mac and PC. For me at least, the logout is not random. It happens exactly once a week, which is how long a BITOG cookie lives. Wayne explained it previously. Quote: I
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buick Rendezvous - LIM Gasket - Ideas? by another Todd @ Today at 11:27 AM

My Silverado (2000) developed a significant IM water leak as soon as the warrantee was up in 2003. Put a bottle of Barr's Stop Leak in and leak stopped in about 5 minutes and has not leaked since...that's 11 years.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: ACEA A5/B5-12 Meeting Oils? by CELICA_XX @ Today at 11:22 AM

I really wish someone would clearly explain the ACEA ratings. Oils like the Valvoline Syn only say A1 or A5 separately, which seems to indicate they are using the very old specification from 1996-2004. Mobil and other manufacturers say Ax/Bx ... ho
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Will finding matching headlights and turn signals by MalfunctionProne @ Today at 11:17 AM

This is what we are dealing with
Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundiaDrilling hole bigger in Upper Strut Mount for a 2009 Sonata. Im trying to install Koni front struts on my 2009 Sonata but the strut shaft is bigger then hole in upper strut mount. Anybody drilled the hole bigger?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 VW GTI OCI by Michael58 @ Today at 11:12 AM

Right! Adding another 7 miles (14 miles total)to my commute brought the oil temp up to just above 200 about a mile before my destination - 2015 2.0 GTI
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: favorite zerk fitting cleaner by doitmyself @ Today at 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: George7941The clog is not usually in the fitting but in the grease passage in the vehicle component. Most times just replacing the fitting does not help. Correct. Some people need to hone their reading comprehension. Donald
Jump to new posts Re: Do you prefill/prime your oil filter ?????? by MalfunctionProne @ Today at 10:54 AM

My 1993 S-10 Blazer 4.3 has a Remote Oil Filter location, right behind the driver side headlight. "Righty tighty, lefty loosy" and I have to look at it every time. I *could* put some oil in there, (the oil filter,) but I usually put some MM
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: is maxlife ATF really THAT good? by dlundblad @ Today at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacekOriginally Posted By: Oil ChangerOriginally Posted By: friendly_jacekhow can you say that when no UOA are available on maxlife? I got one! Iron (Fe)245 Chromium (Cr)<1 Lead (Pb)35 Copper (Cu)22 Tin (Sn)1 Alumi
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Wax application in cool temps? by Russell @ Today at 10:42 AM

Should be fine as others have said. Just longer to dry and a pain to do in cold weather. The tougher part is getting the vehicle clean enough and prepared to wax.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The McJob...The New Normal. by jeepman3071 @ Today at 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladLike anything else, it is what you make of it. I agree. I just graduated last month with my bachelor's degree. I was fortunate to get a job in the University's Data Center Operations as a student employee, and learn
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Can UOA tell if Synthetic or Mineral? by Garak @ Today at 10:30 AM

Contact them and ask about the cost, and whether it will work for automotive applications.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Post your BULLETPROOF engines. by zpinch @ Today at 10:29 AM

2nd Honda K series engines. K24a1 from a CRV are built. Honda D16 still IMO, tough as [censored].
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Another HT/LT/Aging Test by Garak @ Today at 10:28 AM

Well, the flight was cancelled, so I couldn't make it. As an alternative, my public beheading will take place at the summit of Saskatchewan's highest mountain on the first day of our monsoon season. Drinks and dancing will follow.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: manual trans fluid for 2007 Accord by Greasymechtech @ Today at 10:27 AM

Redline MTL, Amsoil/Driven/Torco/Wynns MTF's are also options. Mazda also is has a Skyactiv 75w80 MT fluid. Honda MTF has changed over the years...dropping from the original 10w30 motor oil like ~11cst gradually to ATF like ~7cst. Opens up a wide r
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by Pesca @ Today at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Win All this angst is really kind of humorous to me, like making something out of aluminum is some kind of new technology. That is definitively the weird part of this thread. This is not brand new unproved technology. It ha
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, I failed to properly maintain my snowblower by NateDN10 @ Today at 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeAftermarket carbs are as cheap as $15 on amazon and ebay. Fiddle with it for a bit, but dont waste hours and hours fiddling with it, especially with as simple it is to just replace. After 2 years of fiddling with a fin
Paul, Yes, $700 for parts is perfectly reasonable when broken down. I just re-read the OP's first post and this van only had 136K on it. Are these engines known to have head-gasket problems, especially at this low miles? Can some external factor
Jump to new posts Re: Water Pump RTV by racin4ds @ Today at 10:08 AM

Permatex Ultra Grey, about the best you can get at regular stores and works on anything. I love HondaBond and the other "botique" sealants but they are crazy expensive and hard to find.
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple horsepower gains by Garak @ Today at 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: dgunayI haven't used RP, because its way overpriced IMO. I would use group 5 Motul for that price. If you're getting Motul in Canada for the price of RP, you had better buy it. After all, RP is regularly priced between M1 and M
Jump to new posts Re: New PPHM by GenaFishbeck @ Today at 10:03 AM

Hi All – We appreciate your positive comments and thank you for noticing our latest product to join the Pennzoil Platinum® line of motor oils! It’s true, we’ve begun producing Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage with PurePlus™ Technology specifically fo
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Platinum "HIGH MILEAGE" by GenaFishbeck @ Today at 10:02 AM

Hi All – We appreciate your positive comments and thank you for noticing our latest product to join the Pennzoil Platinum® line of motor oils! It’s true, we’ve begun producing Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage with PurePlus™ Technology specifically fo
Originally Posted By: datechOriginally Posted By: earlyreI look to be Night so i added the scangaugeII I had in my neon, mounted it right in front of the Speedo. with MPH as the upper right readout. again, i can tell at a glance what my speed is,
Jump to new posts Re: Who Calculates/ How is MPG Calculated? by MNgopher @ Today at 09:59 AM

Why anyone would by a 4x4 vehicle and then not actually use the 4x4 system in conditions that allow it is beyond me... I own two 4x4 vehicles - a full size truck and an SUV. In snowy conditions, I'll put my truck in 4x4, and yes, I have sand tubes
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic oil change system? by Garak @ Today at 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: F357I was mainly asking if anybody had any data on perpetual oil changes and how it effected oil life. Basically, if you're asking if such a system would enable you to forgo oil changes altogether, I don't think any of that coul
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >