Recent Topics
Gulf War Story
by redbone3
12/22/14 10:41 AM
Oils that dont burn in a healthy 5.4L Triton?
by 2012AccentSE
12/22/14 10:41 AM
Purolator 14477 For toyota spin on
by kazual881
12/22/14 10:16 AM
Wow...what a shame.
by andrewg
12/22/14 10:16 AM
Mobil 1 0W40 for 2015 Golf?
by Revrick
12/22/14 10:07 AM
This tire has good tread ... right?
by Miller88
12/22/14 10:06 AM
Castrol system 0w-30 for sale....central CT
by kazual881
12/22/14 10:03 AM
Can I use M1 0w40 in '05 Landcruiser?
by TKNY
12/22/14 09:30 AM
Alignment Tips & Warnings
by SumpChump
12/22/14 09:09 AM
Cheap used car advice
by greenjp
12/22/14 08:31 AM
laptop in checked baggage
by joaks
12/22/14 08:23 AM
Oil Leak Stopped!
by Wingman
12/22/14 07:49 AM
Newest Members
consolidated, mike_a, dlayman, BRader, GuySir
52259 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (Artem, 2012AccentSE, 97f150, AlaskaMike, 10 invisible), 1576 Guests and 217 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52259 Members
66 Forums
223789 Topics
3549414 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Leak Stopped! by bigt61 @ 44 minutes 36 seconds ago

MaxLife is the best at stopping leaks and usage that I have seen. I'm no big fan of Valvoline, but they are changing my mind. That said, if you don't have a leak, I like M1, SOPUS and Conoco-Phillips products.
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Purolator 14477 For toyota spin on by kazual881 @ 44 minutes 51 seconds ago

I have 10 Purolator 14477 filters for sale. Work with Rav4 and other toyota 4's. Live in central CT just south of Hartford. $25
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: '05 Scion Xa by cptbarkey @ 44 minutes 53 seconds ago

with children, nothing less than a toyota sienna or ram 1500 for us. economy went WAY out the window when your talking diapers and formula. my advice is to rethink what is important to you when it comes to SAFE transportation.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Garage Door Openers by larryinnewyork @ 46 minutes 59 seconds ago

Suggestion for any Installation. Years ago I was installing a regular type opener (mounts in center of door). When attempting to fasten the wires, they give you 'small' staples. I kept hitting my fingers with the hammer. Solution: I went to the Har
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Are the new Cherokees any good? by cptbarkey @ 47 minutes 58 seconds ago

it makes the aztek look like keira knightly.
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Nissan Navara D40 2.5L /Redline 5W30 11.089KM by tgiannak @ 48 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowLooks good, really good. What happened to the viscosity in the mid change sample ? i dont know! its the same oil plus i added 0.10 quarts
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 0W40 for 2015 Golf? by DuckRyder @ 49 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RevrickI have several quarts of Mobil 1 0W40, which the label says is for most VW's, etc. The Owners Manual calls for 5W30 or 5W40 for my 2015 Golf TS1. Can I safely use 0W40? What VW oil specification is in the owners manua
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Buying screwdrivers anymore? by cptbarkey @ 51 minutes 40 seconds ago

my new dewalt impact obliterates or shears most small items, so a manual screwdriver will continue to be in my life.
Jump to new posts Re: Ford 4.2L V6 Engine - Pics - Uneven varnish? by camrydriver111 @ 52 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: LubenerI do not know why everyone gets worked up over some varnish. It's because we are on this web site, have stashes of oil, do UOAs, and microanalyze oils.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: A350 Launch by andrewg @ 53 minutes 42 seconds ago

Nice aircraft. Hopefully the teething problems the 787 had won't be an issue so much. I think Airbus went with standard aircraft batteries instead of the sometimes troublesome lithium ion.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Did i make the right choice with iPhone 6 by Quattro Pete @ 54 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: badtlcSamsung's cheap build and obsession with size makes them less than desirable. At least when it comes to Z3v (which is the only Z3 available on Verizon), the Z3v is heavier and slightly larger than Samsung S5.
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Castrol system 0w-30 for sale....central CT by kazual881 @ 57 minutes 44 seconds ago

I have 7 quarts of Castrol 0W -30 for sale. SL rated and made in Germany. Live in central CT, just south of Hartford.
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Honda Fit by andrewg @ 59 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlaymanMy wife has one. I can't stand it. I'v never seen a car with as little front leg room, not even close. She's 5'2" and I'm 5'11. I can barely get in the passenger seat and wouldn't even want to attempt to drive it
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: laptop in checked baggage by Whitewolf @ 59 minutes 57 seconds ago

Don't check it, carry it on. I have never had a problem with that other than simply being asked to switch it on and demonstrate it. As others have said checked baggage is wide open to theft and damage.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bought life insurance lately? by PR1955 @ Today at 09:56 AM

My age is close enough to relate, and I can understand the need under certain circumstances. My kids are grown, out of college, but due to circumstances when I was younger ( and some poor decisions on my part in my younger years) I stll have a mortga
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Transits by badtlc @ Today at 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: DannoToured the new Kansas Transit plant twice this year. Buying 120 Transits with the 3.2L diesel engine for our fleet. 1st one will hit the road, after up fitting, in January. Cool assembly plant and really cool stamping plant
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Winter, err, vehicle...take three... by Miller88 @ Today at 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2highI can't believe how many people neglect tire choices when buying vehicles for winter use. I've seen people buy Subaru's and then drive in the winter with SUMMER-PERFORMANCE tires. I usually wish them the best of luck
Jump to new posts Re: switched oils and no more consumption by timeau @ Today at 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ram_manI switched to vwb from pp and have noticed in about 1500 miles You've done a right step. Originally Posted By: ram_manwith the pp it used some not a frightening amount but probably a qt in 3000 miles. You should not use
Jump to new posts Re: When to grease by HangFire @ Today at 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: ted smy truck has no grease fittings Mine either, at least until I started replacing U-Joints.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 1979 John Deere 210 by JTK @ Today at 09:40 AM

It's a Kohler K-series. A legendary engine for sure, but I certainly wouldn't waste a high dollar fancy synthetic in one. There's no filtration on them and they tend to run a bit on the rich and hot side and blacken oil quickly. The main thing is
Jump to new posts Re: Can't Reach Spark Plugs by HangFire @ Today at 09:37 AM

You guys can make fun of Honda all you want. I'll be the one laughing every 100K when I change the plugs. I also have a Dakota V6 that's easy to change the plugs on, but I didn't bring it up because it's not a transverse engine. The real point is,
Jump to new posts Re: $1/qt at autozone by dwcopple @ Today at 09:30 AM

just picked up my order. They had 4 more qts of 5w20 on the shelf. They were marked $4/per. They would not honor my online price even though I was picking up my order. Left those 4 for someone else. Happy with the dozen I got. There were none o
Tires & Wheels
I pushed these tires in the rain this morning to see how they did. It took a lot of effort to get them to spin from a standing start. Pushing brakes hard I was never going fast enough to get ABS to kick in. They felt good to me.
Jump to new posts Re: ODO fraud. What would you do about it? by ls1mike @ Today at 09:25 AM

It is quite possible it was reported wrong. My Buicks was reported wrong. Took me a bit to get it fixed.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: John Deere Plus-50 II 0W40 by daman @ Today at 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: T-StickI can get the 10w-30 at a local JD dealer for a retail price of $18 per gallon and the 0w-40 for $36 per gallon. Both of those are very good retail prices compared to any diesel oil with a 500 hour spec. Not terrible if
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >