by SEMI_287
06/29/16 09:10 AM
ACDelco vs Valvoline oil filter
by mbar1
06/29/16 08:21 AM
Valvoline Premium Blue RestoreTM
by Rat407
06/29/16 08:16 AM
Dealer says 07 Highlander has strainer. Nope!
by CapitalTruck
06/29/16 08:04 AM
Trailer wiring connector.
by wolfehunter
06/29/16 07:10 AM
Oil for High Performance Turbo Application
by T_Bortz
06/29/16 06:52 AM
Walmart.com Valvoline WB 6x1Quart 10W-30 $7.22
by Farmer
06/29/16 06:41 AM
Newest Members
dpaldino, T_Bortz, rebelx, dougsangster, CrazyCalvinW
58314 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (badtlc, Alfred_B, b1amgm47, ARCOgraphite, Bandito440, bbhero, 9 invisible), 1941 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58314 Members
66 Forums
250979 Topics
4113891 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Bike Ticket: Ran Stop Sign by Sayjac @ 41 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sleddriver...Tough crowd here on BITOG.... True that. And this one has gone about as I would expect. My read and my read alone, thinking Fife having a bad day and looked at your half walk around to the right as not respectin
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: '88 Caddy Brougham - dark oil + lifters noise by Indyvwhonda @ 43 minutes 39 seconds ago

Two big questions: What is in there now? How much is in there? The noise returning when going up hill makes me wonder: Is that noise due to the engine working harder, or due to oil starvation at the front half of the engine?
Jump to new posts Re: ACDelco vs Valvoline oil filter by CT8 @ 46 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Rat407If you are going to race it, then AC Delco for warranty purposes. Basically one less thing they can point to if something happens. Which more than likely will not. Will GM warranty a tracked car?
Jump to new posts Re: Mazda Moly 0w20 or a 5w30 by DriveHard @ 48 minutes 58 seconds ago

If the owners manual wants everybody in the world to use 5w-30, except for those of us in the Northern half of North America...why do you think 0w-20 protects just as well? If it were my car, I would run 5w-30. Of course I'm the guy that runs 0w-
Jump to new posts Re: PAO in Mobil 1 0w-40 by Quattro Pete @ 51 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: loneryderHow much PAO is in their 0w-40 oil? Not much, according to this: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...-40#Post4015781 But don't automatically assume that PAO is the only way to formulate a good lubricant. It's
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Army Unable to Select Replacement Pistol by Robenstein @ 55 minutes 57 seconds ago

Boots on the ground have always been a significant expense throughout the history of warfare, but my response (to AL's statement) was to the fact that vets require so much aftercare these days, making them expensive relative to what they used to be.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car stereo choices by Tdbo @ 56 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: grampiI'm surprised no one is recommending Alpines... You should read the thread. Several recommended them, including me.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 4 Stroke Lawn Mower Oil Additives by funflyer @ 59 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TdboWhatever oil you happen to have laying around will probably work just fine. Unless it's olive oil...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The morality of riding a bike married with kids by WylieCoyote @ 59 minutes 37 seconds ago

I rode for a few years but gave it up in late 2013. I seem to have a different attitude about bike ownership than anyone else I know, as I wanted my bike to fit into my life as an economical, entertaining way to get back & forth to work, run err
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Originally Posted By: mk378What do the dealer parts cost? You can ask your mechanic to use dealer parts. He'd be glad to buy the parts and mark them up to list price (what you would pay anyway buying them over the counter at the dealer) and warrant
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Jetta 1.8T Sport vs 2016 Golf TSI S by DuckRyder @ Today at 10:16 AM

Also if your main dislike of the Golf is the 15" wheels, there is a dealer on the 'tex that sells take offs and accessory wheels very reasonably..
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: help me pick locks for my house by Tdbo @ Today at 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2highGet an alarm system and put the stickers where the thieves can see them. Or, if you are cheap, buy the stickers and put them where the thieves can see them and omit the alarm.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: HVAC Evaporator Cleaning Results by Smokescreen @ Today at 10:02 AM

Sounds great. Now you know what to do a yearly maintenance schedule will keep it running like a top for as long as possible.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Sure Filter 2821A C&P by funflyer @ Today at 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Sayjac^^^ Before I made my previous post I went and did some research on the topic filter size sent, PH2951. I noted same thread pitch but significantly different sealing gasket size, ie., not interchangeable. I get that the UP
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Upgrade? by Smokescreen @ Today at 10:00 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Trailer wiring connector. by Donald @ Today at 09:32 AM

Does you towing vehicle have combo brake and turn or separate ligjts? That can be an issue. I would get a 12v battery, sit it next to the trailer and with alligator clip leads going battery to wiring connector, test the lights without the tow vehic
Jump to new posts Re: Monroe now makes quick struts for the 06-11 Civic by camrydriver111 @ Today at 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitogWhat year is your Camry? I know that Monroe does produce separate I4 and V6 quick struts for at least some years, 97-01. It was a 04 Altima. It looks like there are two part numbers now, and I got the V6 one. I r
Jump to new posts Re: brakes don't want to work on wet roads. by 69GTX @ Today at 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: DarrisNo Goodyear tire I've ever been stuck with could stop in the wet. I wouldn't blame the Brakes until you try them with a different Tire. Goodyear + Rain = Surf Board My 1999 Goodyear Eagle F1's had very good wet tractio
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0w40, 13,011 miles, 2010 BMW 328i by camrydriver111 @ Today at 09:29 AM

Interesting UOA like last one. I also don't like the viscosity increase.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 VW Golf Wagon TDI - Issues by supton @ Today at 09:15 AM

I was lucky on my '04, but for a few years would drive 100miles for repairs/maintance. For a couple of years I had a good indie about 30 or 40 miles away; but when he closed shop I decided I didn't want to own a car that required me to drive that fa
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcycle engine oil devolopment by LoneRanger @ Today at 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleNot even a Hellcat can mtch the performance of even a 600cc zoomsplat. That's actually untrue, Jarl.
Jump to new posts Re: Found a good high zinc breakin oil by BrocLuno @ Today at 09:06 AM

I'm not a Comp Cams fan. But they have been having better luck lately that say two years ago keeping flat tappets alive. What's the pressure over the nose and on the seat? The big deal is the selection of lifters used. Howard's or Crower Cam Saver
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: new restriction gauge results by meborder @ Today at 09:05 AM

3.73 gears with 265/70r17 tires. 1.55:1 second gear 80mph is about 5,000 rpm 85 mph is about 5,400 rpm Thats why it never sees full throttle and high rpm. It shifts into second before I can get into the gas to make it rev in first. Shifts too ear
Interesting Articles
Originally Posted By: SolarentIt's little wonder why a company like GM (who has concerns about timing chain wear and LSPI) pushed through their upgraded spec this year when the API and AOAP can't seem to get their act together. Yes they are developin
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge EP Viscosity Index by zeng @ Today at 08:53 AM

I would speculate these 4 oils have 3 base oil types of varying natural [email protected]*C and thus varying natural VI's. Let's say there are classified into : a)low type ,thinner viscosity ; b)intermediate type, thick viscosity; and c)high type, even thicker
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >