Pennzoil Q&A

Click here to participate in the Pennzoil Q&A

Recent Topics
Help me PREVENT rust in this wheel well..
by SumpChump
08/31/15 09:32 AM
AGM Battery Replacement
by dave180
08/31/15 07:59 AM
Internet TV options
by stockrex
08/31/15 07:43 AM
Exhasut Flange Fasteners
by artbuc
08/31/15 06:59 AM
Serious oil burn and bad smell problem :(
by Dogan
08/31/15 06:20 AM
What's up with Google?
by BRZED
08/31/15 05:59 AM
Forum being glitchy
by ARB1977
08/31/15 05:55 AM
Which oil Kia Optima
by sshazam
08/31/15 05:52 AM
WSS-M2C946-A vs. dexos1, what are the differences?
by Egg_Head
08/31/15 05:43 AM
Oil for Toyota 4Y Engine
by Farmer
08/31/15 01:06 AM
Best Synthetic Oils for my New and Old Subarus?
by Jack_Kieran
08/31/15 12:10 AM
Low fat vs. Regular milk, big difference?
by daves66nova
08/30/15 11:27 PM
Newest Members
sshazam, KC10SteveQ, V10magnum, Daniml, robtimm
55202 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (440Magnum, 97f150, aircooled, adamrc, A_Harman, Andrei, 7 invisible), 1766 Guests and 149 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55202 Members
66 Forums
236724 Topics
3814437 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: 2.2 ecotec under valve cover 150k mi. by Falken @ Today at 08:56 AM

Bluestream I think he means the stretched chain will throw misfire codes, Crank and Cam codes that they diagnose to be from a known issue of stretched timing chain. Just a guess on my part though....
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
As about every conventional 5w-30 sold here also meets WSS-M2C-946A, I'd suggest the "SN" part of the spider graph is the equivalent. Meeting Dexos1 requires at least a synthetic blend making it a more stringent standard than Ford's.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: torn purolater wrecked my motor? by HerrStig @ Today at 08:48 AM

MY last VW Bug, a 1967, had NO oil filter and I personally put about 150K on it before my brother got it. Rust got it before the engine quit.
Jump to new posts Re: Best Synthetic Oils for my New and Old Subarus? by ARCOgraphite @ Today at 08:47 AM

I had 8 subarus. Pennzoil HM 5w30 bronze bottle for the older one (absolutely no need for synthetic here! and you'll find absolutely NO benefits from running it) and Ive had really good luck and a clean running and no sticky TC tensioner with Valvol
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Evinrude/Johnson VRO by mjk @ Today at 08:43 AM

I did some research on the VRO this summer, as I've been looking for a boat. Here is what I've heard, from several guys who are very well versed on the VRO system. By 1991, that system's quirks had been fixed. Realistically, within 2 years of it's
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Stelth @ Today at 08:37 AM

Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
I also posted this on another thread. The oil on the last two tests are actually Kendall's semi-synthetic. Although there has been some shear I think the results are excellent. I'd guess the reason Ford spec'd the 5W-30 in the Ecoboost verses th
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Flying Stemme S10 Glider, 115HP Rotax in Germany by Taildragger @ Today at 08:29 AM

I've got a couple hours in one, it really is an amazing aircraft! (Neighbor owned it for two years)
Jump to new posts Re: Serious oil burn and bad smell problem :( by philipp10 @ Today at 08:20 AM

I highly doubt your original choice for oil had anything to do with your oil burning today. Its an old car, old cars sometimes burn oil. Your only choice is to install new piston rings. IMO, just drive the car and add oil as needed, it's a lot che
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: World Economic Collapse is imminent by Astro14 @ Today at 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowelOriginally Posted By: Garak Okay, the stock market is rigged to get the 1% richer. What are you going to do about it? THEY CAN'T WIN...if we don't play the game. Simple, easy, logical. So, your proposal is
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Fall For The Myths! by SHOZ @ Today at 08:16 AM

My Hyundai Genesis Coupe turbo came from the factory with 5w20 Shell. Even has a 5w20 oil cap. They revised this in 2012 to 5w30 or 5w40 or 10w40.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: FAQ - GC ( German Castrol ) by bobbydavro @ Today at 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By: LubeLukeIs made in Malaysia the same formula as GC? Is it still a PAO base stock? Does anybody have any information on this oil? One formulation can be used in more than one blend plant.
You're being good to your engine either way, I don't run quite as long oil change intervals as you but then that's just me, old school I guess. BUT, I do want to be under that car at least every 6,000 miles checking it out (but don't necessarily have
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unibody Pinch Weld Rust by oilpsi2high @ Today at 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By: joegreenToday I got under my Honda and attacked it with 2 cans of fluid film. I was able to hit all the pinch welds I could see and the front and rear subframe. I bought my cans from AutoZone because I get one point for every 20
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: What's up with Google? by JerryBob @ Today at 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: BRZEDDo a search. Choose any link from the search results and click it. Let the page load, then click "back" in your brwoser to return to the search results. Only instead of returning to the search results you get a bl
Jump to new posts Re: redline 40wt by A_Harman @ Today at 07:59 AM

Or maybe use the 40WT as an additive to boost the zddp of other oils you use. It has 2200 ppm of Phosphorous, which is plenty stout.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Question: kohler cv15s oil question by bchannell @ Today at 07:52 AM

Change it, why take a chance, if something happens down the road, you'll always wonder if an oil change might have prevented it. You close on hours anyway, for me that is, so go for it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What Color Is Your Garage? by opus1 @ Today at 07:48 AM

Sheetrock where it touches the house, and the yellow-brown of the backside of the board that the builder used as underlayment for the siding everywhere else.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Here's the latest results. The two recent tests were with Kendall semi-synthetic. Mileage on the last test were mostly on the highway. I think the results were excellent. The concern about water accumulation and shear seems unfounded. It burns
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone here vape? by 123Saab @ Today at 07:32 AM

I add Nicotine for the effect of course. 24mg. Has a nice little chill effect. Tons of info out there on the web for those who really want to break all of this down. For me personally? No more coughing, shortness of breath etc. And I can still ge
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Used minivan opinions? by Huie83 @ Today at 07:19 AM

Thanks for the feedback akela. Does anyone know if all Freestars had transmission issues or just a few years? I know a recall came out on the 04-06 years for torque converter issues, other than that I haven't been able to find much info/review wise
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing 504/507 and 502/505? by VR6OOM @ Today at 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: VR6OOMOriginally Posted By: edyvwWhy don't your un only VW 504.00? So at 5k miles I went with PUE L for 5k oci for mitigating carbon deposits. I was monitoring your "low-saps" posts and d
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
I've used leftover summer gas in the snow blower and leftover winter in the lawnmower many a year and never noticed any issues either with starting nor running. Being fairly fresh gas in both cases probably helps?
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Grilling: Charcoal or gas? by IndyIan @ Today at 07:11 AM

Real wood charcoal for us, sometimes supplemented with apple wood, or maple, or cherry. I love tandoori chicken or goat and charcoal is perfect fit for that. Also with charcoal, you never run out of propane half way through. We had a propane bbq bu
Does anyone know what would be the current 5w 30 equivalent ?
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >