click here to participate in the Gumout Q&A

Recent Topics
Valvoline 10w30 Premium Blue Diesel Oil
by beanoil
55 minutes 8 seconds ago
Best Debut Albums
by MrHorspwer
Today at 06:30 PM
Getting rid of different type of grass....
by daves66nova
Today at 06:27 PM
Experts: Read these spark plugs :)
by 97tbird
Today at 04:35 PM
BERSA VS FIRESTORM?
by Eddie
Today at 03:30 PM
garage sales& flea markets
by car51
Today at 03:14 PM
Royal Purple?
by WillB
Today at 03:07 PM
What was your first music album?
by car51
Today at 03:00 PM
Royal purple 75W90? my diff fluid
by WillB
Today at 02:54 PM
Long-life H11 bulbs?
by Benzadmiral
Today at 02:45 PM
clear window "tint"
by joaks
Today at 02:43 PM
Using Stabil as a fuel system cleaner
by SpeedyG75VW
Today at 02:39 PM
Newest Members
gobsmacked, barrell, Mazda6, rickeys, DROD
53643 Registered Users
Who's Online
114 registered (AdRock, 74DartSport, 01_celica_gt, 3800Series, 2002 Maxima SE, 901Memphis, 10 invisible), 2018 Guests and 193 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53643 Members
66 Forums
230013 Topics
3680588 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: BERSA VS FIRESTORM? by FastGame @ 58 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: EddieThank you. I do have the BERSA 22 FIRESTORM and was thinking of trading for a 380 I would keep the .22 and get another in .380 if you like that gun, the .22 model is one of the best little shooters in that size. My wife h
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why no High Mileage Motorcycle oil? by lawman1909 @ 58 minutes 38 seconds ago

Never seen one that high that I can recall
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: marvel oil vs seafoam in oil by steve20 @ Today at 06:49 PM

my guess on #8 is a head gasket as far as the OP goes, I think he's been given some good advice--if there is nothing wrong with the motor, I wouldn't be doing anything different than what you have been doing--an o/c every 6 months. Many times proble
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: garage sales& flea markets by jcwit @ Today at 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: DonaldThere is a Japanese lady that writes articles and maybe books about organizing your closet. Basically only keep things that bring you joy. Probably a good way to view what is in your garage and workshop. I have a whole
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Gear Oil or Motor Oil Sportster questions..... by Bushshaker @ Today at 06:44 PM

Thanks, I'm really enjoying this thread. Y'all have gave me lots of information and thoughts to ponder especially my neighbor from SC. I have and continue to experiment with different oils in my forty-eight. This Sortster has a noise primary but, is
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Puro Synthetic failed ADBV.... by Joenpb @ Today at 06:42 PM

While I understand Fram Ultra is a good filter, I didn't realize they specified it was good for 15k miles. I know Amzoil & Royal Purple synthetic filters have similar specs. I still stand by my statement in general, because I've seen many simila
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Shelf life of coolant by demarpaint @ Today at 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: StewieBottle says do not reuse. They're referring to the bottle itself.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: *Don't Fall For Shaddy Oil Testing by kschachn @ Today at 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: AZjeffOriginally Posted By: zpinch Does it matter? That just adds cost. The cost of that cert is quickly amortized to insignificance unless there's a royalty involved. Yes, this.
European and Import Motor Oils
Originally Posted By: KDonkeyI have a 1994 build and factory fill was synthetic. Use any synthetic 40 weight in your engine. I am using a blend 15w40 because it's cheaper and I do way less than 5000 miles in it before the yearly oil change. If 5w4
Jump to new posts Re: What's so special about Amsoil? by Shannow @ Today at 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: jk_636RP is a group IV motor oil. How is super tech any better? It's what RP DO to their (alleged) GrIV to give is such mediocre specs that has me concerned. How can they take PAO, and give is such poor low temperature perfor
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: GAME: Name the Uses if this item! (Real Uses) by UncleS2 @ Today at 06:25 PM

It's very good grease, BUT: When it finally gets way *too* hot, it turns to something that looks like an opaque, dull red silicone rubber. Don't ask how I'm so sure about this.
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: expatIMO schools grade kids like cookies from a cookie cutter. Fortunately people are not like that. There are people that 'think' and process information differently to others. When I was at school, this was not well understoo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Its flooding down in Texas... by HTSS_TR @ Today at 06:03 PM

Mc-Mansions in So Cal are house more than 6,000-7,000 sq-ft, specially newer houses in Newport Beach, Newport Coast or some area of Irvine such as Shady Canyon. All the houses in Shady Canyon are custom built, some with more than 10,000 sq-ft and are
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Agri MP Plus by Kamele0N @ Today at 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: Kamele0NSo what! Majority of today motocycle oils are api SG rated.... And that doesnt mean that you are riding oil from 80's....it is just level of zddp aditives in up to date oil base Interest
Interesting Articles
Really nothing new: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/530802/Group_X_Base_Oils#Post530802
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Generator Won't Start by Donald @ Today at 05:58 PM

Of course the best would be to convert it to propane.
Jump to new posts Re: Almost Bought A New Bike Today by Silverado12 @ Today at 05:51 PM

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcd/4939100379.html Craigslist link The whole reason I was considering the bike was for the ABS. If it only saves your a.. once, then it's worth it. I made them the reasonable offer and was going to pay their asking
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bypass wizards check in, Cat 1R-0749...skip it by Ihatetochangeoil @ Today at 05:49 PM

I HAD an Amsoil BP-90 but I wasn't happy with the particle counts I was getting. Amsoil advertizes 98.7% efficient at 2 microns, and they call this "absolute." I guess most people think "absolute" at a given micron rating means &q
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Sure your battery cables are firmly re-attached, and the ends are still on solidly? Grounds clean and well-attached? Subies have [censored] electrical connections in general, as they age.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Gyrocopter Lands On Capital Hill by CT8 @ Today at 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4The media is making the guy out to be a crazed lunatic, but nothing could be further from the truth. He's one of the of last real patriots this country has - and a brave one at that. All he wanted to do is deliver those
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Experts: Read these spark plugs :) by OVERKILL @ Today at 05:38 PM

It does look like some ash (oil) deposits, particularly on the two on the left
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus - Thoughts? by WTJackalope @ Today at 05:31 PM

I have the regular Alenza on my 2014 Tundra 1794. They were OEM. Now have 40k on them. Wear is even. Rotations every 5000 to 6000 miles. Ride is smooth at highway speeds. Never been rebalanced. Dry traction is about a 9 out of 10. Wet traction is abo
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
It says Dexron II on the dipstick I believe. I will look again.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change tomorrow M1 0w40 vs Castrol 0w40 by Dallas69 @ Today at 05:20 PM

Go ahead and try the Castrol,if you don't you will still have the itch to.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Cooper Discoverer AT3 by Camprunner @ Today at 05:13 PM

Have them on a work/plow truck and I think they are the best A/T tires I have ever had. They wear great bite snow like crazy and ride good as well. I have many friends that run them on there SUV's and they all are real happy with them. You can't go w
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 ... 25 26 >