Recent Topics
Fully cutting the cord...
by madRiver
10/08/15 06:34 PM
75,000kms using 0W-30 --- Time to change to 5W-40?
by Isaac
10/08/15 06:22 PM
Honda A01 FILTECH at Advanced Auto Parts
by David1
10/08/15 05:11 PM
Small Engine - Dino Break In
by chefwong
10/08/15 04:57 PM
10/08/15 04:45 PM
Where to find PUP or Castrol Edge Extended??
by Polarisdude94
10/08/15 04:23 PM
Ford Focus ST Diesel Wagon!
by wemay
10/08/15 04:11 PM
Piston soak success story.
by Dyusik
10/08/15 03:51 PM
New to air compressors - hose suggestions
by garlicbreadman
10/08/15 03:13 PM
Fram ph3506 3200 miles on 8200 oci
by tratman2000
10/08/15 02:19 PM
Fram ph9688 7500 oci m5k 5w20
by tratman2000
10/08/15 02:08 PM
2015 Camry 4 cyl antienvironmental oil burner
by WayneandAnna
10/08/15 01:49 PM
Newest Members
ZTime33, Fat_boy, ntaphse, Longs, nicoli0311
55626 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (2010Civic, 69GTX, 2015_PSD, 97tbird, aircooled, Al, 9 invisible), 1440 Guests and 128 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55626 Members
66 Forums
238727 Topics
3855202 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Small Engine - Dino Break In by dave123 @ 58 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: QuestIMO syn or no syn, it's not really an issue. What really matters most during initial 5hrs of small OPE engines to run-in properly (change the oil immediately afterwards) is to give the engine cycling between full-load (or
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: alternator- new or remanufactured? by Trav @ Today at 05:39 PM

Quote:*We currently ship from warehouses in California, Florida, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Tennessee. We will ship your item(s) from the closest warehouse if we have inventory in that location. It sounds like they are just a reseller/repackager
General and Off Topic
I'm still trying to figure out what happened with the 7500 mile OCIs using conventional SF motor oils in the 1980s. How did that pan out, and why don't we see that anymore?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 90 Second Oil Change by DoubleWasp @ Today at 05:26 PM

Computer controlled, for a new source of electrical gremlins that only the dealer can address, and stupid expensive no doubt. No, I'll not be replacing two perfectly good, 100% mechanical systems with this garbage.
Jump to new posts Re: Confused between PP & PUP by CKN @ Today at 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Clevy[quote=Fasttimez]Everything's more expensive in Canada it seems. I hunt a lot & talking with guys from Canada the same supplies I get here in the states have like a 200% markup in's crazy. We get shafte
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: oil burners- mostly German cars by CBR.worm @ Today at 05:23 PM

If you want apples to apples, compare the current Honda CBR1000RR (which I own) to the current BMW S1000RR. In '09 the NA BMW was 197hp/L The Honda isn't.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram ph9688 7500 oci m5k 5w20 by tratman2000 @ Today at 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: crazyoildudeThis is why i stay far away from frams ocod's and buy quality filters but at least it did not seem to tear as far as i can see like purolater does.. These might be made out of cardboard but like i said it as far as i
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Star fire 0w20,5225 miles, Honda Pilot 3.5 by ag_ghost @ Today at 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: BenitoHow can you conclude the oil is low quality? The MM is at 10% and it looks like the oil could safely go the ~500 miles that would run it down to 0%. Apart from the EP oils, how do we know that any other 0w20 would not be
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Nice report and thank you Wemay for the info on Castrol VOA's
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: GL5 vs GL4 Compatibility by CBR.worm @ Today at 05:06 PM

With Gl-4 available, why take a risk with Gl-5? I will continue to use the proper gear oil, which is what I would recommend to anyone who asked me.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake shop lets fluid stream down wheels by CBR.worm @ Today at 05:06 PM

That would not make me happy, but if no visible damage was done I would not worry about it. I am super paranoid about getting brake fluid on stuff, yet I have - and have not yet had any damage. I would obviously try to avoid it.
Jump to new posts Re: 1957 sludge by TFB1 @ Today at 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BenzadmiralHave a look at the article "Getting the most out of your 1957 car." They list some makes that are only known today by real car buffs, like Nash and Hudson. Guess you never saw the movie Cars, with Doc Hud
Items For Sale
Thanks for the link Steve20. Price has been reduced to $375.
Jump to new posts Re: Buy, Import, Register a Skyline in the U.S. by wings&wheels @ Today at 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxlThis company has an ad that comes up in the Jalopnik article... They have a number of Skylines they have already imported. Pretty neat to see the features and packagi
Jump to new posts Re: Palemoon browser by uc50ic4more @ Today at 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: glock19Distrowatch measures it as one of the most popular distros for the past year. Distrowatch is a long way from being an effective measurement of which distros are most widely used. They qualify their own list as merely
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Rudezon by WANG @ Today at 04:45 PM

I'm just gonna leave this here...
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Polycase ammunition by hatt @ Today at 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeOriginally Posted By: hattLooks like it performs similar to regular ball ammo. Ball ammo doesn't cost much. Ball ammo penetrates like 25-30 inches and doesn't disturb the tissue. This ammo would be superior to ball
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Questions on Gumout with Regane by Chris B. @ Today at 04:44 PM

I thought Lucas was a respected brand. Are their products considered snake oil and junk these days? Thanks!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram ph3506 3200 miles on 8200 oci by crazyoildude @ Today at 04:24 PM

Looks ok for what it is.. That said i would not ever use one of those filters.. I like the wix for the shop and for my own vehicles however the ultra is also a very nice filter. the ocod is not a filter i tell people to use.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Chevron Delo LE 5W-40 & Ford Powerstroke by 2015_PSD @ Today at 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1As a side note I still haven't had the "change fuel filter" message yet and I'm at 24,655 mi., I did change it while I was under there anyways as it was still the factory filters. MotorCraft filters on every
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How do you think this would have turn out w/o CCW by GiveMeAVowel @ Today at 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsmIt's unfortunate the scum bags survived. The son needs to get some range time and learn how to make the first shot a deadly shot. Head shots son,head shots! Right between the eyes. It's also unfortunate that the amb
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
You're correct, yamalube system with a separate oil pump from another reservoir. However, yamalube oil seems like it should be the right call-- there's
Jump to new posts Re: Report of new Colorado Diesel mpg by 2015_PSD @ Today at 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: another ToddOriginally Posted By: 2015_PSDOriginally Posted By: RandDEF is something like 13-15$ for 2.5gallons that lasts over 3000miles? Its sold nearly everywhere including sams club. I bought 5 gallons of BlueDef for $37 an
Jump to new posts Re: Clear Grease by Wheel @ Today at 04:20 PM

The bicycle component company Campagnolo makes some called Crystal. It is hard to find, and is very lightweight, maybe thinner than JD Corn Head grease.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Kubota G5200 wont start under own power by bubbatime @ Today at 04:19 PM

Nothing wrong with fabricating some brackets to make a larger battery fit.
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >