by Well_Max
Today at 03:25 AM
Rear differential went out
by MuzzleFlash40
Today at 02:30 AM
Who Makes Volvo Oil Filters?
by crazyoildude
Today at 12:42 AM
Lowest cSt Viscosity @100C from blackstone?
by RGR
Today at 12:28 AM
If I put my car to run without starting it...
by dishdude
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Amazon has M1 0w40 5QT for $23.88-$12 rebate
by dmiko
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
best oil change filter oil combo in walmart?
by moparguy19
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Memorial Day photos
by Bandito440
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
QS3387A 6,300mi/3 months
by Virtuoso
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
1997 Nissan Hardbody need some opinions.
by Bussey83
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
Newest Members
jrandom, Gar, sickmint79, Davelong, usmaels
54093 Registered Users
Who's Online
21 registered (Jetronic, bbhero, jimm, Brad_C, Dogan, Hondacity, 1 invisible), 490 Guests and 96 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54093 Members
66 Forums
231829 Topics
3715884 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: The economics of going with a K&N by linksep @ Today at 12:55 AM

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=111486
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question of the mechanic is brake job by jeffie7 @ Today at 12:52 AM

My subaru doesn't have caliper pins, I feel left out of this convo. however, for the OP, chances are you cant see it without pulling it apart.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What's your favorite electric guitar solo? by JBinTX30 @ Today at 12:41 AM

There is quite a few some were already listed but here are some I like: Derek & The Dominos - Layla Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Vastly improved MPG on Acura?? by linksep @ Today at 12:30 AM

As everyone else has stated "Summer". (Tires have higher pressure, shorter cold-start fuel enrichment, thinner trans fluid/axle grease/PS fluid/oil/air...) And the change from (probably) bulk 5w30 kwik-lube oil to PU 5w20. Go ahead and ch
I've known 2 people with those minivans both I had to replace the coil.. no fun with the duratech. But removing the wipers and wiper cowl helped immensely ..just have to do it by feel. since you cant see the back of engine and work on it Also extre
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Moly 60 by zpinch @ Today at 12:16 AM

I recall the Moly 60 is 60% Moly... perhaps you better stick with a Moly paste.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline 5 gal pail 15w40 $40 at Autozone by Scout1 @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: rkpattI presume that it is diesel rated. I will buy a bucket if my nearby AZ has it. - Thanks Yep, it's the Premium Blue diesel rated oil. Good stuff and I have it in my FJR right now! And to "95Merc" I also have a
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: TDI Oil Consumption by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

I'm now back into town after a 2 hour drive and it's been sitting in the garage for several hours and I just checked the oil and it's 2/3 up the dipstick to full. I'm not adding any oil, my dad's driveway must not have been level (I was pretty sure i
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Indianapolis 500 by bdcardinal @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

The outside tire change, Daniel Jang, has a broken ankle according to a few new sites. Saavedra posted a couple pics on twitter with his leg wrapped up saying he will be ok. Can't say enough how happy I am for Charlie Kimball and his P3. If anyo
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0w40, 7500 miles, Saab 9-3 2.0 by Pontual @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

The 0W40 went from high MolyDTC, high Mg (700ppms) to only 25, changed formula to add some 260 (nothing before) of Boron and added more 1k of Ca+ over the former 2,5k ... Yes they have several different add pack M1 formulas. I bet boron is better tha
Heavy Equip. and Industrial Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil heavy duty for diesel by oilboy123 @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

That oil was formulated as one of, if not their first diesel oils.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Pics of replacing heater hoses on 02 Silverado by mrsilv04 @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: wirelessFRad has a drain valve with a swivel stow-away hose for easier draining.... My 2000 Sierra has this... but it disappeared by the time my 2004 Silverado was built. I just pull the lower hose on the '04. It drains a
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by Blindside604 @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 19522km 2.0L Ecoboost 4WD Out: Dealer Bulk "5w30" - Motocraft FL910s In: Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 - Motocraft FL910s Did a CAT SoS for the heck of it, waiting on results.
Jump to new posts Re: Does idle stop end oil lubrication, Damage engine? by Amirkhat @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

I've been skeptical of idle stops, the only way I would buy a car that did this is if it had an integrated electric oil pump that started prior to the engine resuming. I'm not saying engines that don't have this are dry starting, but I would just fe
Jump to new posts Re: Amazon has M1 0w40 5QT for $23.88-$12 rebate by 901Memphis @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

I agree the VQ engines can use Mobil 1 0w40, i know a lot of people won't; but the extra HTHS can't hurt since this is an above average wearing engine with high output.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Cap Creamy Looking Stuff? by Amirkhat @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Yeah, that's definitely a symptom of short trips i.e an engine that's running too cool. You should look into getting a wireless scan tool, with that you can diagnose whether its the short trip, EGR, or thermostat theory.
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: "Oil prices could hit a summer slump..." by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

I don't see it....
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: wax as u dry by Amirkhat @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

I have been using Eagle 1, it seems like a good product but I think I may have used it a little too often; as its caused a very slight yellow film. So I guess in moderation would be fine. It doesn't do much for appearance in my opinion, I mainly use
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Who Drives on 13" Wheels in 2015? by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

I remember 13s on my old cavalier.....
Jump to new posts Re: Wonderful Toyota battery by ecotourist @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

The battery in my 2007 Honda Accord V6 just quit. I replaced it with a battery from Costco. A good battery for a reasonable price - nothing like $250. The fact your first battery lasted a long time suggests you have a situation where long life is po
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Wolfgang DP 3.0 Sealant & Prewax cleaner by Amirkhat @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Good point, I'll check it out. Thanks again.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Jaws by BRZED @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: BenzadmiralAs I understand it, Shaw's speech about Quint and the Indianapolis was written by Shaw himself. He was also a writer -- I believe, without looking it up, that he wrote the play/movie "The Man in the Glass Booth.
Jump to new posts Re: Wal-Mart: Quaker State AD $1.79 a Qt. on Website by mongo161 @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

If you buy it online, for store pick up, you will have a receipt....there should be no problem. Unless, I'm missing something here.....
Jump to new posts Re: AutoZone Rotella T6 0w40 Clearance $15 by Justin251 @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaroOriginally Posted By: Justin251Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaroI have now visted every Auto Zone within convenient driving distance and none of them had Rotella 0w40 in their system, nor did the UPC code provided a
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 07 FIT ATF - Amsoil? by slackwolf @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim I have tiny arms and I still get burned. By the way, how do you prefer to fill the new ATF? Fill bolt or dipstick? I have one of those long plastic funnels, but it's one piece (not a flexible tube attached to a neck)
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >