Recent Topics
Good Batteries for Cheap
by 01_celica_gt
09/23/14 11:20 PM
Radiator flush @ 5 years or 150k?! Does it matter?
by Mter00s
09/23/14 11:18 PM
Need help carb and intake on my 85 mustang gt 5.0
by MetalSlug
09/23/14 11:02 PM
Amazing game for soccer fans
by Apollo14
09/23/14 11:01 PM
what do you guy think of these 12v combo kits?
by WhyMe
09/23/14 10:32 PM
Synthetic Oil for Suburban
by Mpd224
09/23/14 10:02 PM
FL-1As ?
by MetalSlug
09/23/14 09:53 PM
Winter storage advice
by Camprunner
09/23/14 09:28 PM
PYB $2.99 Ace Hardware
by splinter
09/23/14 08:56 PM
Honda A01 vs HAMP HIGH PERFORMANCE OIL FILTER
by David1
09/23/14 08:42 PM
Coupon code for DTD---$25 off
by faramir9
09/23/14 08:33 PM
Front load washers: is larger cap. really better?
by Vern_in_IL
09/23/14 07:52 PM
Newest Members
OlSkool, cgeb, Mter00s, tom3holer, WobblyElvis
51394 Registered Users
Who's Online
67 registered (01_celica_gt, AITG, 97tbird, 1kickbuttranger, 72te27, 3 invisible), 1165 Guests and 191 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51394 Members
64 Forums
219729 Topics
3468118 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Calgon Laundry Additive Question by GumbyJarvis @ 57 minutes 3 seconds ago

Calgon? Ancient Chinese secret eh?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Honda A01 vs HAMP HIGH PERFORMANCE OIL FILTER by ThirdeYe @ 57 minutes 28 seconds ago

I've used both and noticed zero difference. I'd just get whichever is cheaper in the future.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Coupon code for DTD---$25 off by Rand @ Today at 10:28 PM

what tires did you get? the only ones they have avail. for me are general altimax arctics, falken eurowinter, and yokohama ig-51v or I would probably reward them with my business over tirerack.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Will I Destroy my Parking Brake? by 97f150 @ Today at 10:24 PM

Hmmm, and I thought uneven wear occurred in non rotated tires in the front due to turning.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Death threat against your children... by mcrn @ Today at 10:13 PM

Also one thing to think about. In Florida the law does not allow a weapon in a school zone with or without a concealed weapons license. I do not know about your state but just one thing to consider.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the Wix Combo Valve by KCJeep @ Today at 10:13 PM

My thoughts on the bypass valve deviations are I believe it is due to Wix's attempt to match OEM specs as closely as possible. For example, the Silver 31516 is a Motorcraft FL-400s equivalent, and as such it used Wix's Motorcraft style thread end by
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Tremec 3650, I need advice! by panthermike @ Today at 10:06 PM

I ran Redline D4 in my '03 Mach 1 and had no issues, it was actually an improvement over the dino Mercon V that was in there before.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: putting oil in the filter at oil change? by ZeeOSix @ Today at 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: sir1900Originally Posted By: zrxkawboyOriginally Posted By: Greasymechtech Makes me wonder how many tear their own dry media with the rev happy lead foot after an oil change. I have wondered that, too! Is there enough pre
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: HM Oil Question by KCJeep @ Today at 10:00 PM

Pennzoil HM and Defy will both work/run very well in that engine in my experience. The Pennzoil will likely run a bit quieter, the Defy may crank over a smidge easier with the cold coming though. JMO. My 4.0 doesn't drip a drop at 122k, not even a
Oil Filters
^^^ IMO, I don't think there will much difference in efficiency performance between the different Toyota filter sizes if they all use the same media, which they most likely do. BITOG member "river_rat" did his own bench testing, and the To
Jump to new posts Re: $10 rebate - Pennzoil Full Synthetic by ThirdeYe @ Today at 09:49 PM

Still waiting on mine.
Jump to new posts Re: PQIA High Mileage oils, part 2 by KCJeep @ Today at 09:45 PM

First off I owe Castrol an apology. I have bashed them repeatedly on here for thinning out their HM oil when they switched to Resource Conserving a while back. Well they didn't, not sure how that works but it is still clearly one of the thickest 5w
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Best 4T for shifting gears by hpb @ Today at 09:44 PM

I've always found chain adjustment has a bigger effect on gearbox smoothness than the oil. I owned Bandit 1200 a few years ago too! I hear the 1250 is quite the torque monster.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: semi-hypothetical home question by bustednutz @ Today at 09:44 PM

Home is paid off correct? Do the updates and sell it for the proper price the market will bring for one in nice condition. Dont go overboard with high end materials. Just make it fresh and new on a modest budget. You'll recoup approx 80% of what i
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: GM: 2 batteries on a gasser. Why? by splinter @ Today at 09:42 PM

Odd how my 5.3L Sierra's headlamps dim noticeably when the fan, AC compressor or brake lamps are energized. Fresh 'oversized' battery notwithstanding, I've investigated retrofitting the optional second battery setup. Its OE tray is already in situ
Jump to new posts Re: Badge engineered vehicles by hpb @ Today at 09:40 PM

Ah yes, Tribute and Escape, I'd forgotten them. We also had the Daewoo Lacetti re-badged as the Holden Viva. Complete flops, both of them!
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Wagner ThermoQuiet Or QuickStop? by Donald @ Today at 09:40 PM

TQ
Jump to new posts Re: PYB $2.99 Ace Hardware by Bud_One @ Today at 09:40 PM

Nice...thanks for the heads up...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New shocks transformed my truck by ledslinger @ Today at 09:26 PM

I got KYB Gas A Just for the rear of my Mustang. Wish I could swing for Bilsteins. One is made in Malaysia, one in Japan. Cycling them by hand, they feel different, the Japan one much smoother. May not make a diff with a few miles down the road. Wher
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Burning smell after driving by 6starprez @ Today at 09:26 PM

We can't smell it so can't be much help. Sorry.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Nvidia sinks moon landing hoax using virtual light by simple_gifts @ Today at 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: 97tbirdLOL ! some thought/think 9/11 never happened either. (or that the govt. did it) Same with holocaust. Yes, and we have some immunizations for those people...
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
When I was an apprentice, some 25 years ago, it was drummed into me that you "shouldn't run clean oil through a dirty filter", and I still stick with that, even though I have no doubt things have moved on a bit since those days! So I always
Jump to new posts Re: Yet again Oil Rec for 98 Honda V6 by Shannow @ Today at 09:20 PM

Honda specify a 30 (10W, but that's immaterial) for the V-6 in their outboards when essentially the same engine for road use is a 20. PYB 5W30 will do you fine.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Yokohama Geolander HTS & ATS experiences? by 01rangerxl @ Today at 09:17 PM

Glad to hear the good reviews. Looks like it will be Yokohamas in the next week or so.
Jump to new posts Re: Diesel exhaust gas pipe temperature by TiredTrucker @ Today at 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: OlasNot too sure of the relevance of this comment, but; As EGT drops, so does gas flow velocity. I don't know enough about your particular setup to comment on scavenging but ideally you'd want to keep the temp as high as pos
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >