Yesterday at 09:46 PM
Will ATP205 help with a head oil leak
by NattyBoh
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Newest Members
NJ1911, SneakyTacos, DaveD, 8o8is, Texasdude74
58584 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (Branson304, c502cid, alcyon, ag_ghost, carlprop, Anduril, 4 invisible), 925 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58584 Members
66 Forums
252219 Topics
4135985 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed by abycat @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: OldtomSome things to try All fittings must be polished as bright as a new copper penny. Nothing else will work. Use temperature indicating solder flux. The color change will tell you when to apply the solder. Home cheepo and
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Why is 100% gas more expensive in the city? by tomcat27 @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

it sure sounds like it. I know in many metro areas the EPA requires seasonally different mixtures of fuel (in the summer) for cleaner air - and its always more expensive
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: looking for spray guns - analysis paralysis by tomcat27 @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

When I was at their store, they were recommending Devilbiss - so I had originally written off their house brand guns as cheaper China guns. at your suggestion, I looked back over their lineup and like the Eastwood Devilbiss Pro for paint, and either
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline Motorcycle 10W40 by benjy @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

i will be trying the fully synthetic-group III no doubt valvoline 20-50 in my new thumper a G650GS, not the bmw $14.50 @ qt stuff. it meets their spec + since i park it when the cold sets in the 20-50 should work well @ $8.75 a qt
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic says Rear End Failing?? by Blkstanger @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Drive on till it makes noise. It will give you warning before it fails to the point of leaving you stranded.
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella line upgraded by benjy @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

prolly a group III from their GTL oil, depends on pricing compared to real group IV + V oils. as the existing supply of base oils from SOPUS is used up we will see more of the GTL oil from their multi-billion plant. looks to be going ahead with a pla
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Worth the upgrade? by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

KYB quick struts might actually give you a very slight upgrade in handling, as they are 10-15% more stiff than OE. Another option is the AC Delco OE shocks/struts for the FE5 handling package. Rock Auto has the FE5 struts, but not hte FE5 shocks for
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: I think I'm getting pure gas again by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

Hmmmmm
Jump to new posts Ford FWD axle replacement by 2009Edge @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Has anyone replaced a FWD axle on a 2009 Ford Edge? I need to replace one because the tranny seal is leaking on the right side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jump to new posts Re: CV boots ripped on Chevy Blazer by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Wow, they lasted a long time! My previous 04' VW went through probably 7 CV boots
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Taurus SHO by addyguy @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

That wear is pretty bad. Hate to sound repetitive, but Castrol Magnatec seems to work wonders in these engines. For now, wouldn't run any oil past 5k until wear settles down.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Is SuperLube syn multi grease universal by AMC @ Yesterday at 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: NattyBohThanks . So the synpower from Valvoline would suffice for [censored] near all needs? What would another type of grease be that I would need, thats not lithium Yes it is hard to beat a lithium complex grease, all things
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: visiting St. Louis at the end of July by javacontour @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

http://www.muny.org/shows/2016-season Yes, the Muny. It's Mama Mia this week.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Are you a oil hoarder? by SR5 @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28I consider myself a 'collector'. I'm an "investor", when it's 40% to 50% off, that's the time to pick some up.
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on SenSen Speedy Struts by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitogOriginally Posted By: Bottom_FeederOriginally Posted By: slacktide_bitogSenSen speedy struts are garbage. All the cheap Chinese quick struts are junk, and give quick struts a bad name. AVOID Sensen, Dura, Raybesto
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
I went into my local Repco this weekend, just to have a look, but they had sold out of Edge 5W30 A3/B4 by Sunday afternoon. On speaking to them, they were ordering in a few more cases from the warehouse for next week. They said they had sold a lot o
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Impala rental 4cyl review by 4WD @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Rented several of these - great highway ride. I rent often and find a great deal of the fleet under powered - they are buying cars based on the bottom line - right hand corner and nothing else. Of course each rental company has a "fun section&qu
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Sounds good Reddy. You can't beat a DIY rebuilt. If you like that $25 recycler, you'd love a super recycler. They mow/mulch even better.
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil "TWIN V" Still A Group IV ?? by benjy @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

having been an amsoil for years i feel i was duped as they quietly began substituting good but not as good group III refined CRUDE "synthetic" base oils, prolly in most everything. they quit touting the PAO banner + are tight lipped + evade
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start 5W-30 A3/B4 by SR5 @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: volodymyr It is not so easy in Europe. 1. CASTROL MAGNATEC 10W-40 A3/B4 2. CASTROL MAGNATEC 5W-40 C3 3. CASTROL MAGNATEC DIESEL 5W-40 DPF C3 4. CASTROL MAGNATEC DIESEL 10W-40 B4 1. CASTROL MAGNATEC STOP-START 5W-30 A3/B4
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: What are you paying for fuel now? by addyguy @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

It's dropped quite a bit here recently - paid 93.9 cents/liter tonight...
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What are your "budget oils" by addyguy @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Canadian Tire 'Motomaster' or 'Formula 1' conventional oils when on sale at $13-$15 per 5L jug - it's re-badged Formula Shell. Wal-Mart Valvoline WB 4.73L jugs for $13.88.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Helix Conventional / Semi-Synth Oils by SR5 @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe OCP VII's are cheap (basically they're made from simple ethylene and propylene), widely available (lots of folks make them), thermally stable (great at 150C) and mechanically stable (they do well on both KO30 shear and
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Fusion Hybrid by AirgunSavant @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Agreed- that nullifies the price comparisons between hybrid and standard cars. Originally Posted By: SatinSilverAutotrader, fill in the correct search parameters. About the same price as a regular SE.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Mold & Moisture Resistant Drywall by wog @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Put a fan in while your opening walls and cielings, then hardboard on walls and green board cielings
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 ... 21 22 >