by dave1251
08/27/14 10:50 AM
PU better than PP in 5w30?
by lukejo
08/27/14 10:11 AM
15w50 and ambient temperature
by 19jacobob93
08/27/14 10:07 AM
BMW E46 3-SERIES: M54 inline6 engine. WHAT OIL?
by EricWalls
08/27/14 10:04 AM
Home Basics Motor Oil?
by Swift101
08/27/14 10:01 AM
Newest Members
rayzn1123, EricWalls, mikejanczak, 1972, HondaSpider
51111 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (AandPDan, andrewlg, 97tbird, 123Saab, 14 invisible), 1918 Guests and 221 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51111 Members
64 Forums
218363 Topics
3442918 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Saab 9-5 Linear w/ Bad Turbo by greenjp @ 37 minutes 56 seconds ago

Excellent, they are the best. Did you call before or after my suggestion?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Buying knives in Oz by DBMaster @ 41 minutes 51 seconds ago

Except, you were using your fingers, not tongue - on the other hand, I won't go there.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Get a load of the Elio by grampi @ 45 minutes 22 seconds ago

Don't be such negative nellies...I think these things are gonna sell like hotcakes! Over 29K people have already put a deposit on one...
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: What grease for sway bar bushings? by Nayov @ 49 minutes 22 seconds ago

I used leftover silicone RTV (gasket maker, etc) as a lube on the sway bar bushing end links (Nissan) because I'm too cheap to buy silicone grease, but it seems to be working as the noise is gone.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Fluid Resevoir - Drain & Fill Effective ?? by bdcardinal @ Today at 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: SmcatubThe explanation I've heard is that the piston will only travel so far in the master cylinder under normal conditions. The area it usually moves the piston over will be smooth. But any muck that gets in will be pushed to t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Consequences of not adding make-up oil? by gfh77665 @ Today at 12:52 PM

I didn't claim a full qt. remained. A half qt.? Yes, I would think so, easily. Why? Do a test. Casually dump a qt. and then lay the bottle on its edge overnight. Then, invert and drain for an hour in a clean cup. The amount that comes out of the &q
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: WAWA gas sucks! by y_p_w @ Today at 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: suptonSeems like that intermix would be fine for non demanding carb motors. Like ope or some old truck. Not all carb motors, just the nonpicky ones. Who do you sell it to, and how to you store/distribute it? Everything I read
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Low compression by bulwnkl @ Today at 12:49 PM

My experience with a fleet I used to manage is that, depending upon how hard they are worked, they might just be 'worn out' by that time.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: adoption by zzyzzx @ Today at 12:42 PM

I have adopted 6 cats so far. Actually the first one adopted me (followed me home, etc.) Two more I got from different shelters. The next one I got from a vet. The last one I got was from an ex-co worker. I only have 2 cats at any time, but since the
Jump to new posts Re: Sad, sad day... My Saturn is on death's door. by TooManyWheels @ Today at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: eljefino...but the economy is getting better FAST .. So I assume the price of scrap metal is up as well?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody ever have an Isuzu Impulse? by IndyIan @ Today at 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Char BabyDoes anyone remember the Mitsubishi Starion/Chrysler Conquest? http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2008/04/01/hmn_feature24.html I had never seen one until I went to see some ice racing. I had to ask what it was, as
Jump to new posts Re: Getting back a downpayment on a vehicle by demarpaint @ Today at 12:23 PM

Lets not forget, the summer is just about over, winter is just around the corner. That's a big fat depreciating asset the dealer is going to have sitting on his lot going into the worst time of the year to be selling a Vette. Honestly if I was the ow
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Jetta Oil Recommendations? by Tony_Mack @ Today at 12:22 PM

Quattro Pete, that helps a lot! Thanks for the explanation.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Third Car: Which Car to Keep? by Vikas @ Today at 12:20 PM

To be able to take the beater to movie theater; would you be going out on a date night or a family night in that Taurus? If the roads are snow covered, do you have good tires and tread on the Taurus to take it out in the inclement weather or would y
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Talk to me about MG Midgets by OneEyeJack @ Today at 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: JDWI had a GF one time that had one , That thing one could not ride in it with bare feet the floor board would set your feet on fire ! That was one of many no cost extras. At least with an early Midget or even a previous gene
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Ram Gas Mileage by supton @ Today at 12:11 PM

Me too. I wonder how long the Trans will hold up, lots of shifting. And what the inevitable rebuild cost will be. Probably no worse than any other Trans, but I wonder.
Detail and Wax
This is what I do to both my cars and my boats....and I get really great, long lasting results: 1.) Strip car clean with Dawn Dish Soap 2.) Do any paint correction that is needed with polish 3.) Re-Wash car/boat with Dawn and dry with towels 4.)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart Experiences by Apollo14 @ Today at 12:08 PM

Them Walmart folks need sensitivity training.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Boston, MA. What to do in short visit? by Vikas @ Today at 12:06 PM

I live in NH before moving to Mass. I would suggest you spend your time in Boston.
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
I didn't do one and am struggling to find one. All I know is that viscosity @100c starts at 7.5 and that a TAN increase of 3 is the limit.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: I have a new tire buying strategy by Rand @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: rjundi I personally think there is no danger in using China tires, mostly a myth to justify expensive purchases. Not a myth! depends on the chinese tires, if they are major brand made in china with quality control.. that's usu
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Young Pilot has passenger try to take over. by clarkflower @ Today at 11:54 AM

Wow. Must run in the industry. I was working for an airline as a pilot and was asked by a friend who owned a flight service company to observe John Polando B 1901 (Record from Floyd Bennett Field to Istanbul, Turkey[5]1931 July 281931 8,066 km Russ
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: MSF Refresher Course Opinion? by Vikas @ Today at 11:50 AM

I passed! Unfortunately I made few stupid mistakes during the ride evaluation test. I have no idea why I was so nervous as the test did not matter. I already my license. Nevertheless not failing the test was good for my mental health. Talking abo
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 F-150 5.0L Misfire? by supton @ Today at 11:49 AM

Torque convertor lockup being wonky?
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Lower Priced Indian Models by Ken2 @ Today at 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: RobensteinOnly gripe I have with it is that the rear tire should have more meat on it to handle the engine's performance. I would have expected a 170 or 180 rear on something like that. It is only a 100 hp engine with a chassi
Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 ... 22 23 >