Today at 05:27 PM
Life with a Leaf or other pure electric
by Nayov
Today at 05:17 PM
Newest Members
MikeF, jim1224, Wompem, Dlauth, ToddT58
51371 Registered Users
Who's Online
121 registered (05LGTLtd, abycat, Bandito440, AdRock, 97tbird, 10 invisible), 1799 Guests and 215 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51371 Members
64 Forums
219597 Topics
3466001 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: K&N PS-2009 Cut Open by ZeeOSix @ 31 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: slybundaAhh OK, I have a Toyota celica which has a 2zz-GE engine does the oil pump in this car have a pressure relief valve? Yes, all engines have some kind of oil pump pressure relief valve.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: CT Reflex De-Icer -49degC WW Fluid by supton @ 33 minutes 24 seconds ago

Interesting. Never had a problem running the cheapo Walmart winter stuff year round. Then again, I fill the tank once per year. And I never use it in winter if I can avoid it, especially not if it is below freezing.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Ford Escape RP 5w20 5k miles by wemay @ 34 minutes 57 seconds ago

Walmart or Ford dealership, same Motorcraft filter.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 9/17-9/30 O'Reilly Super Saver Ad by SilverC6 @ 36 minutes 37 seconds ago

Man I wish they would team Havoline and Microgard back up for their Super Saver deal. That was the combo. Nothing wrong with the Peak though.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pat Goss on Motorweek TV show torn filter by Merkava_4 @ 37 minutes 46 seconds ago

Which brand filter was Goss talking about?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for tired '98 5.7 vortec? by Oldmoparguy1 @ 38 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspWhy not just use the 5w 40 RT6? +1 Wayne
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: troy bilt mower wont startwhen warm by crainholio @ 40 minutes 19 seconds ago

PS: you can test this by dropping the air filter and propping the choke open with a screwdriver (big enough not to get swallowed when the engine starts).
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: New hobby project - DIY speakers by MrHorspwer @ 40 minutes 47 seconds ago

So I did some work over the weekend: Both cabinets are built and awaiting a finish. One crossover is assembled and soldered up, ready to go. My solder job won't win any awards, but I think it'll function.
Jump to new posts Re: Larry Larson Worlds fastest street car (again) by hattaresguy @ 46 minutes 23 seconds ago

My idea of a street car that's fast doing the 1/4 mile is something like a ZR1 Corvette. AC, cruise control, power windows, my mother could drive it, I could drive it comfortably every day year round for years, runs on pump gas, etc. My uncle can l
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Berryman B12 Chemtool by dnastrau @ 54 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: VikasOriginally Posted By: stockrexb12 clogged my egr on my 90 Honda accord with 120k miles, it broke free too much carbon???? How did Berryman found its way to your EGR? EGR flow is from exhaust to intake. +1 on that. I
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Record player needle help. by SEMI_287 @ 58 minutes 5 seconds ago

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Apparently this is an odd needle. No luck. Although I haven't been local yet. The player is at my grandmothers house. I will snag a pic when I'm there next. That is the needle number. It's printed right on the case.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to change signal bulb, '11 Buick Regal? by Merkava_4 @ 58 minutes 24 seconds ago

You mean you don't have a Helm Inc factory service manual to go with that 2011 Buick?
Jump to new posts Accu-Gage Tire Gauge $3.99 Sears by Warstud @ Today at 08:12 PM

Sears has the Accu-Gage Tire Gauge on sale for $3.99. Regular price $6.99 http://www.sears.com/accu-gage-tire-gaug...mp;AID=11042411
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Short-wave vs Medium-Wave IR Curing Lamp by The Critic @ Today at 08:11 PM

Hey folks, I've been installing paint coatings lately and the suppliers have been advising me to consider using a short-wave or medium-wave IR light to accelerate the curing process. This is becoming of interest/concern to me since rainy weather is
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Gold Semi Synthetic 0w20 by wemay @ Today at 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvishttp://www.pennzoil.com/motor-oil/pennzoil-gold-motor-oil/ He said 0w20. I couldn't find anything on this either.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Suspension Bushing Adapter Set for Press by The Critic @ Today at 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: TravI use the ball joint adapters that came with the OTC set and i bought a few others. I also made a few to fit what i need. I have all sorts of adapters and cups, hardened threaded rod, even an old spring compressor bolt that
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Mixed up the hairstyling today... by GumbyJarvis @ Today at 08:01 PM

Ehhh Cant go wrong with any Pinaud aftershave options IMO I use Versache in dress uniform and nice occasions, everyday is Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal or Bay Rum Regardless, I enjoy the hair I got, and the amount the military says I can have LOL
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy Ivan - Russian 6 vs 2 F-22's 55 miles Alaska by hattaresguy @ Today at 07:58 PM

This is just typical cold war stuff, move along really nothing new here. The only thing interesting about it is how far we have come since the cold war in terms of technology and how the Russian air force has essentially stood still. They are litera
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Stingray 180 RX Merc 3.0 by philipp10 @ Today at 07:47 PM

thankyou, I appreciate the detailed explanation. Very informative.
Jump to new posts Re: Menards - QS full synthetic by mjk @ Today at 07:30 PM

It is a little late to post this, but the Menards I went to today had their Splash brand of windshield wipers clearing out for 4.00 a piece. The kicker was there is a 4.00 rebate per blade, so I just got 2 sets for free. Not bad. Also, I noticed
Jump to new posts Re: replaced car battery today by y_p_w @ Today at 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: wirelessFJCI does not make AGM batts though. JCI, Deka, and Odyssey are my top three brands. Was the OE battery AGM? I never had a lead acid battery last more than 3-5 years. JCI bought out Optima several years ago, so they
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cistern won't stop filling by eljefino @ Today at 07:11 PM

Also, avoid the "all in one" this'll-fix-your-toilet kits with the slidy float that's on a vertical rail. These take forever to refill the tank, compared to OE. This makes it take longer after a "courtesy flush" to repeat busine
Jump to new posts Re: Life with a Leaf or other pure electric by y_p_w @ Today at 07:06 PM

I think the demographics are pretty broad around here. In my parking lot at work there are a lot of hybrids and a couple of Chevy Volts. I'm not sure who drives the one Fiat 500e or the Ford Fusion Energi. We don't have a charging station, but I t
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by racer12306 @ Today at 06:58 PM

2012 Town &Country 55600 miles on engine, 7500 on change, changed per the OLM. Out: Pennzoil Ultra 5w30, Wix In: Pennzoil Ultra, PureONE PL36135 iirc
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: B&S Opposed Twin oil choice by TriMoto @ Today at 06:40 PM

So anything slippery haha
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >