08/02/15 10:56 AM
Harley Superpremium 5 cut open 4100 miles
by MoreCowbellAz
08/02/15 10:54 AM
Newest Members
bobmadison, CaryHsieh, sip_99, 4wheelnwld, RobertJM
54904 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (01rangerxl, 2010_FX4, 3800Series, AandPDan, 4wheeldog, 6lbsoft, 10 invisible), 1903 Guests and 90 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54904 Members
66 Forums
235295 Topics
3785472 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gas prices by Al @ 55 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: OneEyeJack$3.99 Arco San Diego, CA. Holy carp! Talk about gouging! So why aren't those evil speculators gouging in N. Ohio and Texas and other places?? $2.59 In Pa.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol MV Import users by Shrubitup @ 56 minutes 57 seconds ago

Using Castrol IMV on a '10 Civic AT. Only 5K miles so far but so good. Planning D&F after 18K usage so 13K to go. DW-1 is about $7 a quart delivered from Curry Acura in NY. Likely cheaper at your locale due to less shipping cost. Unit price was
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 40 weightoil make an air cooled engine runhotter? by DoubleWasp @ 57 minutes 30 seconds ago

40 syn will likely run cooler than the 30 dino they recommend.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: School me on VSD/motor drives and 0 RPM by turtlevette @ 59 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sleddriverPerhaps to gradually "ease" into forward motion, since electric motors do have full torque at zero rpm? Only for an "across the line" start. The whole point of the drive is to precisely control
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: More Red Line Specs by robertcope @ Today at 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: turtlevetteAnd I think its absolutely incredulous that after spending over a decade and probably a man year worth of time on here, when asked what is the best oil, these people retort Mobil 1 0w 40 because it has the most approv
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 F250 6.0 Powerstroke UOA -semireposted by sdude2k2000 @ Today at 12:23 PM

Good UOA in terms of wear... typical viscosity shredding of a 40-weight. Royal Purple 15w40 starts at 14.8cSt @ 100*C... yours ended up at 10.7cSt... smack in the middle of 30-weight territory. That's where the term "shearing" comes from.
Jump to new posts Re: M1 5w20 Fram XG2 15,000 miles. by 6lbsoft @ Today at 12:22 PM

I returned the M1 and got QSUD 5w-20. I'll probably have to add 3-4 quarts in a year so probably do 10-12k.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: 100% Synthetic/Double Ester Technology by benjy @ Today at 12:20 PM

in the USA may as well use Redline, prolly a bit less costly also. both excellent top of line oils. only 3,000 miles for hard street use or 5,000 for easy use is the recommendation, not a long change oil but for the most protection.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 Concept Car by Bill888 @ Today at 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: DeepFriarOooo Formula 5000. Crazy wonderful while it lasted. It was my path of later interest in F1. There are different opinions on David Hobbs as an announcer but that guy drove everything I cared about. Yep..talk about gu
Detail and Wax
Originally Posted By: NHGUYThat's cheap paint for a 5 year old car to have degredation like that.Oh well,nothing lasts like it used to. That red on those generation GM's didn't hold up well. Our 08 Equinox had been getting a coat of sealant every 4
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Menards: Formula Shell $1.99/quart by Jake54 @ Today at 12:18 PM

I'll probably grab 3 jugs of it then next time I go, it'll do what I need engine oil to do. Originally Posted By: mrsilv04My local Menards stil has lots of Super S oil on the shelf. Usually $8 or $9 a jug. However, it is always possible that Menard
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Ryobi CS30 grass trimmer by spk2000 @ Today at 12:16 PM

Manual just says 2.6 oz per gallon which is a little vague http://www.manualslib.com/manual/143413/...?page=15#manual
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: OBD II bluetooth/android by SHOZ @ Today at 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: TaildraggerLooks like Torque Pro and an in-expensive dongle! Dongle on the way. I use Torque and for my Hyundais there is a cheap add on plugin called Advanced Hyundai that will show many OEM parameters not in the generic OBD
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Harley Superpremium 5 cut open 4100 miles by slacktide_bitog @ Today at 12:14 PM

Looks like one of those wire-backed synthetic filters, judging by the thick pleats
Test Forum
Jump to new posts Mitsubishi 0W20 5059 OCI 17559 Total 2014 Mirage by Threepot @ Today at 12:12 PM

Will post this UOA when I develop the required computer skills Jeebuz khryste...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Using four jackstands by SHOZ @ Today at 12:12 PM

All the ones I have had do. They are made to allow the drivetrain to slide under the car in a head on.
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Fram Sure Drain SD3 New Old Stock! by IntegraVT @ Today at 12:12 PM

Pic -
Items For Sale
And here's a pic
Jump to new posts Re: Would you sacrifice engine life...... by 4wheeldog @ Today at 12:09 PM

Moot point. Using manufacturer recommended grade oil, and changing it on the recommended schedule, I have not been able to wear out any of the last 4 Toyota motors, 2 of which are still in my service. By that I mean, I have not been able to make an
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultras discontinued at my Walmart! by ZeeOSix @ Today at 12:07 PM

Probably discontinuing because they always get ripped off by clowns putting them in different boxes.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: New bike, new fluids but bad luck with M1 TDT by Greasymechtech @ Today at 12:02 PM

All my wet-clutch motorcycles in the past have always received a set of new clutch springs... even reusing the ol' clutch frictions. No slip ever. Barnett has a heavy duty spring for your clutch. Stick with motorcycle oil. EBC, Barnett, Vesrah.
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: VOA Of QSUD 5W-30? by Red91 @ Today at 12:00 PM

Thanks for the link steveh. Looks very nice. Loads of calcium. Are the double digit values of Moly "tri-nuclear", or am I wrong? I thought I'd read where the double digit values were such.
European and Import Motor Oils
Really? I would have thought the opposite Good to know.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: American V12 by whip @ Today at 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28Has anyoneon native soil built a V12 supercar or race car? If the USA ever wants to go circuit racing, I think we could use a V4 on a motorcycle and a V12 in a automobile. Why is Formular Won Vee tens? Vee tens a
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Failed AC compressor by Jetronic @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: NdxHi Guys, its 2011 Porsche Cayenne S. 4.8 v8 The compressor looks exactly like the one the picture. The riveted part has split on the top and is no longer spinning ... only pulley is moving. I did check for power all is goo
Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 ... 26 27 >