Today at 08:03 PM
What additives could remain undetected by V/UOA
by wemay
Today at 07:57 PM
Newest Members
BryanM, otbevo, AF_CyberDude, JDMHero47, Laethageal
49619 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (77GrandPrix, 147_Grain, 901Memphis, 01rangerxl, 123Saab, 2cool, 7 invisible), 1659 Guests and 216 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49619 Members
64 Forums
212082 Topics
3324162 Posts

Max Online: 2551 @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Post Your Latest Power Steering Fluid Change by caravanmike @ 46 minutes 12 seconds ago

03 sierra 1500. used a turkey baster to get out: 3/4 of a quart replaced with Supertech power steering fluid.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: First time using a clay bar... by CHARLIEBRONSON21 @ 46 minutes 46 seconds ago

Never used iron x so idk on that one. But a complete detail for me lasts around 8 hours.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: VW jetta oil and filter recommendations by stephen9666 @ 47 minutes 41 seconds ago

I think the 2.0 (two point slow) technically requires oil meeting VW's 502 spec. But for our beetle I totally ignore that spec. Google it, but I'm not sure the 502 spec is that critical in this engine. Use a name-brand oil and a reasonable interval a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Just how crazy, exactly by Sam2000 @ 51 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: laserred96gtYou don't have to be religious, just spiritual. People have reasons to believe what they believe based on their experience, calling them crazy, tinfoil hat or whatever name doesn't make one more of a man. Well I fo
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: G-Oil 5W-30 $2/qt @ La Habra, CA, WM by razel @ 57 minutes 31 seconds ago

This is at the eastern most La Habra Walmart. At the clearance corner of the oil area. Took 3 5 quart jugs for myself. Saw at least 10 more. There was a lot of dust on it and is the SM version. I would have bought more if it was the SN. Nothing
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone gotten out of a caliber? by Shaman @ 58 minutes 50 seconds ago

I have ammo for it, I am just wondering what I should do. Biscut, I looked into the 6.8SPC2, I don't think it's what I want. I like the higher BC of the 6.5. I bought it for a cheap plinker, and I will be cheaply plinking the 2Kish 7n6 I have, and
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: The best built oil filter in your opinion ? by KevGuy @ Today at 09:24 PM

Orange can.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Looks good. 7500 miles is really the longest even a off the shelf syn oil should be run in the 1.4T.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Mom's car totaled by bdcardinal @ Today at 09:22 PM

As far as parking on the street, we are kind of stuck with it. The driveway is only really wide enough for one and a half cars, and the 95 Mustang racecar project is taking up the whole thing. We aren't even going to consider having hers fixed, i
Ashless versions of: dispersants, antioxidants, antifoam additives, metal deactivators, friction modifiers, viscosity index improvers, pour point depressants, seal swell agents; also the almost always ashless: base oils, performance-enhancing fluids
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Impressive hill climb for a Forester... by buster @ Today at 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Randhes on subaruforester.com there are a few more videos.. I think stock + AT tires. I would have been cringing at rocker panel meets rock... but it didn't happen :)(afaik) Oh ok, thanks. Rand, do you think you could do
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Honda 15400-PLM-A01PE by Cooper @ Today at 09:12 PM

I have A01's for sale in the Item's for Sale section.....
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: After the Military, College, Work? by morris @ Today at 09:02 PM

just my idea. NO: Police/Fire. to dangerous. tech school: fine but not HVAC you in the heat in the summer, the cold in winter. computers great: you are in doors the year round. you can do bootleg work on the side. you can meet people that c
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Women! And the nice guy by Cujet @ Today at 09:00 PM

My young co-worker (girl) broke up with her boyfriend due to the fact that he was not "manly" enough. I saw it coming... even though she did not. He was a gentle, kind, soft spoken man She is a pretty, smart, flirty girl. (with no idea wh
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: '06 Toyota Highlander Base 2.4 2wd by dblshock @ Today at 09:00 PM

here in icy WI. I notice this generation Highlander to be relatively body rust free...many are 10+ years and into the 150k mi area.. remarkable that visible corrosion is just always absent. Did a AutoTrader search and many of these '02-'04 units wi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sound cannons to slow down speeders? by morris @ Today at 08:54 PM

WHAT? i just had my ears blasted and i cant hear now. WHAT?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Old Rush........... by JHZR2 @ Today at 08:48 PM

Getting way too political.
Originally Posted By: SwedishRiderIt's tough justifying doing it myself when they'll do it at the same time as the tire rotation very cheaply with whatever fluids I want. Otherwise, I would DIY. +1
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Daughter's friend has great eyesight by Shannow @ Today at 08:38 PM

Could be more likely a copperhead... http://www.reptilepark.com.au/animalprofile.asp?pid=41&id=115
Photo Section
Driving a 16' Cabover Rental Isuzu Box truck back from NYC earlier. Was governed to 65. Not fun at all :|
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Chrysler MS-11106 oil specification by BobT3218 @ Today at 08:33 PM

Has anyone a copy of MS-11106? If so, can you please post it? There is much speculation as to what it actually says. This is a requirement for the VM Motori 3L V6 diesel in the WK2 Grand Cherokees.
Jump to new posts Re: Another take on lifetime fluid - BMW ZF by CBR.worm @ Today at 08:32 PM

Yeah, I figured it was a bunch of [censored]. I was surprised that they said they would void the warranty if I paid them do it. The vehicle in question is a CPO. Actually the CPO warranty is about to expire, so I am not to concerned about the warr
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts '94 Troy-Bilt Crankshaft Seal by Fleetmon @ Today at 08:24 PM

First cut of the season with our new-to-us last season GTX-18. I cut around three acres today and noticed a peculiar odor....was trying to identify it and then the engine just cut off....no dash lights, no crank...just dead. Walked back to the gara
I have changed oil on my F350 rear axle with LS probably 5 times in 200,000 miles. Don't know why but several LS additives I tried did not do the job. Only the Ford LS additive worked. It sure does stink!
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: ZDDPlus by Clevy @ Today at 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: David1I have read that ZINC or ZDDP can cause Catalytic damage... is that true? Nope. It's the phos that kills cats. Zinc on its own doesn't do much of anything. It need the ddp part to create the tribochemical anti-wear
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 ... 27 28 >