by Nick1994
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Hyundai Entourage/Kia Sedona minivans
by Number_35
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Oil in air breather tubing
by Nissan101
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
Dust caps needed to protect wheel bearings?
by Drew99GT
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
2014 Mazda CX5 SkyActiv
by Matt_V
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
getting rid of pwc with intermittent problem?
by motor_oil_madman
Yesterday at 08:36 PM
Newest Members
kevinstoyhauler, jimx1169, W9HDG, LloydChristmass, dodge96
58019 Registered Users
Who's Online
32 registered (bbhero, bigt61, Astro14, asand1, alcyon, AutoCoil, 2 invisible), 584 Guests and 333 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58019 Members
66 Forums
249584 Topics
4086005 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recent discovery of SatbiliTrack failure Mode by MolaKule @ 05/26/16 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: WheelThat's what I was getting at, CAN isn't fault tolerant. It has no intelligence in it to prevent one device from halting good communication. These networks could be built in a fashion more like a good TCP/IP/packet switchin
Jump to new posts Re: Value power Walmart battery acid flying out by CharlieBauer @ 05/26/16 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111Originally Posted By: alcyonBatteries want a piece of the Jihad action too. Good one!
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: BP Diesel Supreme by NWOHIO @ 05/26/16 11:41 AM

I am told that the sweet stock they used for this product was only cracked at the Lima Ohio facility and that Husky continued it for a while after they bought the refinery from BP. To know for sure you would have to ask these specifics of the perso
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Costco Insurance discountn going away? by stockrex @ 05/26/16 11:24 AM

Just received the new bill, Approx. 25% rate increase, ouch. Yes, time to shop around. What you do guys suggest? I have vehicles, campers, low miles per year.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Cleaning Power by badtlc @ 05/26/16 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: camryrollawas there a study done showing the results? yes, Badtlc, read up http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/729116/1/Boron_Additives That presents no evidence. Still looking....
By the way, did your mechanic installed it incorrectly? It was very rookie mistake and an experienced mechanic should not be doing that one at all.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Almost 100 degrees ain't even warm yet. Let's see that thing drive through Phoenix here in a couple months, then you'll know if the cooling system is working properly! I've never had an issue running 50/50 in 115 degree heat at 80 mph.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: bring back the foot switch!! by SatinSilver @ 05/26/16 10:23 AM

I remember our 1974 brown Matador Coupe had a foot switch. As a child I wondered what the silver thing was coming out of the floor.
Jump to new posts Re: new castrol edge high mileage synthetic by Quattro Pete @ 05/26/16 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: BobFoutOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteI'm running it in my BMW right now. Edge HM 10w-40 is the only HM grade I could find that still carries ACEA A3/B4 spec. Why no A3/B3 oils like M1 HM 10w40? A3/B4 has a beefier add
I honestly haven't been following... it's a Toyota, and I'm the typical (oblivious) Toyota owner. I don't see many complaints about the Camry, after a quick 30 second google search. But I'd rather have the parts on-hand. It's a nice long weekend t
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: Just an interesting question by IndyIan @ 05/26/16 09:58 AM

About once a year or two, maybe 100 hrs, but its a 300 Kingquad with a 4L sump, that isn't driven too hard these days. I used to plow with it which was really working it hard and still changed it about the same interval. If you are driving it hard
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: New car polish by SatinSilver @ 05/26/16 09:27 AM

Originally Posted By: DonaldSo if I wanted a once (maybe twice) a year product for 2015 vehicles, this would be a good choice? The coating product is designed to last a good 2-3 years. It's a fair amount of work on the front end. If you're looking
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Narrowing down brake pad choices by 4WD @ 05/26/16 09:04 AM

Have used those Wagner TQ's for many years - any vehicle that already has good stopping power - that changes little but are smooth, quiet, minor dust, and last. My Canyon needed help for pulling my bay boat - so went with EBC Yellow - wow !! what an
Kudo's to Simple_gifts who is going to pick up/pay for the part on his way home from work today.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra ADBV problem. by Autobahn88 @ 05/26/16 08:17 AM

These engines are notorious for valve lash. They are quite picky on the type of oil and filter used. It is not saying that the Fram is bad, but it is not a good combo for this application. I had to play with different oil and filter combos before I
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: using many cans of crc intake cleaner good? by Miller88 @ 05/26/16 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By: andydHeh heh, I would try an Italian tune up About 25 miles of 2nd wound up to 70mph. It may take a few runs to burn out the carbon. I did that in my Jeep over the summer. For about 70 miles! Well, was only going 60 i
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: RARE HID installation by Kira @ 05/26/16 06:54 AM

The last pic was of a comically adorned Ford pick-up truck which was in the dealer's garage. It had thousands of chromed appliqués (mostly skulls and flames) all over it. I added it as a small joke to an otherwise dead serious photo essay. Kira
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha FJR 1300 -- 2016 by alarmguy @ 05/26/16 06:41 AM

Wow, GREAT Road Test on the NEW FJR 1300 in the July Issue of Rider Magazine. This was a 1000 mile test (approx). Not a 100 mile test. I have to read it again because I got so excited about maybe owning one one day I wasnt focused. :o) Like I said, t
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: New Browning Buckmark by billt460 @ 05/26/16 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: AZjeffVery nice. How do the Buckmarks compare to the Ruger Mk III? In my experience that equates to Ford vs. Chevy vs. Ram. Both the Ruger Mark series, and the Browning Buckmark's are excellent pistols. And both have proven th
Jump to new posts Re: "Most" synthetic version of Mobil 1? by bobbydavro @ 05/26/16 04:48 AM

An oil made of nylon would be very synthetic, not sure if would be any better than one made of cotton?
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $4 Fram Ultra - Blain's F&F by car51 @ 05/26/16 04:42 AM

FRAMS oil filter rebate.
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: Jetronicthat's exactly what's going on, I think. Pretty much every German manufacturer by now has been caught up in this (though only VW used an actual cheat device, the others seemed to have worked within the rules) so it's
Jump to new posts Re: Valley plate removal GM 6.0 by Kibitoshin @ 05/26/16 01:22 AM

Did you remove the foam blocks under the intake manifold? I removed mines when I did the KS and IG on my LM7 Silverado. They trap a lot of dirt and rubbish coming from the sides of the intake and the foam blocks prevent them from coming out. The ru
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Putting 195/60/15 on a Car with 205/65/15 by ram_man @ 05/25/16 11:10 PM

I'm not my friend used to work at a tire store and is getting rid of tires he has a bunch. But already got rid of the 205's all he has left is the 195/60 and 65's . That's why I was getting them. Honestly I planned on having them out on and then in
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: What's everyone use on truck tonneau covers? by buck91 @ 05/25/16 10:54 PM

I like Meguiar's M40. Is it any better than 303? I don't know but its not any worse!
Page 14 of 21 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 >