Yesterday at 07:05 PM
KC-135 turns 59
by tom slick
Yesterday at 06:59 PM
Newest Members
KJSmith, OnslaughtNZ, Zycat, BlueFordRedSchwi, Mario7
55217 Registered Users
Who's Online
37 registered (camrydriver111, carlprop, 901Memphis, BlueOvalFitter, akela, camarokiller, 3 invisible), 716 Guests and 162 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55217 Members
66 Forums
236751 Topics
3815147 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: SilverC6NAPA Platinum is far from poor. Efficiency remains a red herring here. Pure marketing stuff. Not a "red herring". I heard it with my own ears on the phone with WIX Tech Dept ... they stand firm on their
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Pathfinder PP 5w30 7500 miles by DeepFriar @ 08/28/15 03:40 PM

Looks very good. Excellent visco maintenance too.
European and Import Motor Oils
You just gotta go for the quantity discount....... http://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550040839-5W-30-Synthetic-Motor/dp/B00JMCCBPE/ref=sr_1_63?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1440793689&sr=1-63&refinements=p_89%3APennzoil%2Cp_n_feature_keyword
Gas Engine Alternate Fuels
Jump to new posts Re: WARNING FROM THE AAA by TiredTrucker @ 08/28/15 01:46 PM

Was listening to the farm ag show on local radio the other day and yields look to be high in Iowa. Some sections not so great, but overall, good.
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: US Natural Gas to be exported to the UK. by OneEyeJack @ 08/28/15 01:43 PM

Behind the middle kayak is that the mask of a rock man in pain?
General and Off Topic
I agree with the others mentioning that he's checking for compressor failure. As long as the refrigerant isn't ammonia (R-717), sulfur dioxide (R-764), methyl chloride (R-40) or some other toxic refrigerant, probably little- if any- harm to the mech
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What oil to use if towing? by Jetronic @ 08/28/15 12:58 PM

is the same oil advised for severe service or for high temperatures? if so, the mfr probably had towing in mind, otherwise switch to the heavy duty stuff..
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Nazi loot train purportedly found in Poland by Jetronic @ 08/28/15 12:39 PM

http://www.december44.com/en/tiger-213.htm there's a king tiger (köningstiger)
Jump to new posts Re: dodge caliber - motor oil by 4wheeldog @ 08/28/15 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: foresthawkI have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT with 4cyl., 2.0 liter engine that specs 5W-20 oil, which is what I have been using. Would 0W-20(synthetic) oil be all right to use, as it seems to be a superior oil, at least in cold
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Bosch #3330 (CUT OPEN) by slacktide_bitog @ 08/28/15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: MrsandmanIs Bosch made by Purolator? Yes. In fact Bosch used to own 50% of Purolator until 2013 when they sold their stake to Mann. However, Mann/Purolator still makes the Bosch filters. Bosch Premium filters (four-digit p
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil euro av by CELICA_XX @ 08/28/15 11:54 AM

I thought this might be helpful to someone...
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Moly levels in MOtorcycle Oils by Robenstein @ 08/28/15 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: FastGameOriginally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: PontualWow, democracy, is, short tripped, today. Apparently the excessive use of commas is not. Maybe, he, types, like, he talks, and, doesn't sound, monotone, like
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting discovery about tire wear... by ryanschillinger @ 08/28/15 11:29 AM

I inspect cars every day for work, including measuring tread depth. I find it really varies with the type of driving the person does. Most of the time the tires are pretty equal, but if there is a difference, it's usually the right side more worn. I
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Engine out? 1. water pump/belt/tensioner/thermostat 2 cam chain & tensioner & seals 3. rear seal 4. radiator hoses 5. spark plugs/wires/ maybe coils 6. remove & clean TB 7. front seal on trans? Pull torque converter and re-fill? 8. chec
Jump to new posts EIS Master Cylinder ? by edge10 @ 08/28/15 10:44 AM

Anyone know if these EIS master cylinders are any good? I can't find any info on them, except the company has been bought and sold through the years. The actual picture of the master is the same as ACDelco and Raybestos, so it could be EIS or Raybe
As you mentioned, ride height can change alignment. Another factor not mentioned is that new pressurized gas shocks can increase ride height compared to old shocks.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tires wont hold air...Defective ? by ryanschillinger @ 08/28/15 10:40 AM

When I worked in tire shops when I was younger, some wheels always leaked from corrosion inside the bead area. I would scrape the flaking parts off, clean it really good, then lightly coat the bead area with this bead sealer stuff. It seemed like rub
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
And here's the whole brake fluid topic in a nutshell... You brake on the fluid in the calipers and the last 10 inches of line FROM FACTORY FILL the entire life of your car unless you bleed them. That's it. When I really finally understood that I w
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge black bottle by Quattro Pete @ 08/28/15 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: pbm...So I'm assuming that the 'titanium' SN version should be an improvement over the older SN stuff. Maybe, but is it a noticeable improvement? I mean, there is so little titanium in there, it makes you wonder if it really
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Name the Fluid and its use by Pontual @ 08/28/15 10:21 AM

Maybe, you gonna have to live with that doubt ...
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: .22 rimfire by jcwit @ 08/28/15 10:18 AM

I think accuracy like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline Maxlife vs Amsoil ATF by Brad_C @ 08/28/15 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Gannet167 So to get 80% out of my trans I'd need 6-7 drain and fills. That's 21 liters of fluid and a lot of PITA. Or, since the trans holds about 13 liters, I probably need 10 to 12 to fill it. Or, about half the fluid to achie
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: For Those that use Diesel Oil in Bikes by alarmguy @ 08/28/15 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: RandNot to be picky but the correct term would be mixed fleet oil or HDEO. There are many diesel only oils that arent rated for gasoline use. Not to be picky but the Harley owners manual uses the word Diesel Oil. Not mixed fl
Jump to new posts Re: Gear Oil for Ford Ranger Rear Differential? by Bgallagher @ 08/28/15 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: simple_giftsI am using Amsoil 80w-90 in my ranger clone. http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/gear-lube/synthetic-80w-90-gear-lube/ What can i really say? it hasn't blown up yet? Local NAPAs 'might' carry it. +1 any synth
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Need A New Modem.. by kozanoglu @ 08/28/15 09:02 AM

I think it is not your modem that gives you problems but it is the router.
Page 14 of 24 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 >