Recent Topics
Round holes AND louvers! Oh the humanity!
by Nick1994
35 minutes 28 seconds ago
Should I change the oil when changing spark plugs?
by THafeez
47 minutes 37 seconds ago
Maxima synthetic oil
by gman2304
53 minutes 10 seconds ago
Mobil vs. Castrol: Battle of the Walmart 0W-40s
by 1JZ_E46
56 minutes 55 seconds ago
Need advice for older car burning too much oil
by Car_Careguy
Today at 03:29 PM
Camaro 2.0T review by subaruwrxfan
by wemay
Today at 03:18 PM
Dryer Duct Boosters?
by 2015_PSD
Today at 03:02 PM
some strange lawsuits against fast food franchises
by John_Conrad
Today at 02:40 PM
Rotella T5 10W-30 in Chevy Z71
by RHALL
Today at 02:20 PM
Multigrade Oils in Mowers
by camrydriver111
Today at 01:59 PM
Is this GM executive serious ? Or he's a moron ?
by HTSS_TR
Today at 01:40 PM
My UOA with Frantz TP Filter
by Jonzobot
Today at 12:43 PM
Newest Members
ryaneirich, Gabe78, taters, Louis_Desbiens, Burk
58918 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (97f150, 1JZ_E46, 007, 2015_PSD, 390pi, addyguy, 9 invisible), 1860 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58918 Members
66 Forums
253549 Topics
4162086 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2 stroke oil in diesel by Piston_slap @ 08/22/16 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: ShannowTCW3 is outboard two stroke and "ashless", so it doesn't generate metallic ash deposits during combustion. typical air cooled "racing" two strokes, while sounding flash, have the possibility of causing
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Use of SAE 40 motor oil by Piston_slap @ 08/22/16 04:36 PM

80% STP Oil Additive and 20% SAE40. Kept my Chevy Vega running for 55K. Don't get mad, it was a joke (much like the Vega)
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Shell gasoline by d00df00d @ 08/22/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteUp near me there is ONE Sunoco leaving Hampstead heading to Salem on 111 that has the good stuff. AnyWho, You don't have a V engine so you shouldn't use V power. Uh-oh. V-Power is my go-to fuel for my rotary.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Is Schaeffer's 227 chain Lube specialer than Honda by Kawiguy454 @ 08/22/16 03:05 PM

Depends ...Does the project bike have an O-Ring chain? If it does the moly will never get inside the link bushings and so no real benefit. O-ring chains need the O-rings to stay slippery and not dry and wear out. This will keep the prelube SEALED ins
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Trying Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage by JeepWJ19 @ 08/22/16 02:48 PM

Love Pennzoil High Mileage. It is my conventional oil of choice.
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: DoublehaulMy family was in the repair business for the vast majority of my life and I wrenched on cars for a long time...I've seen and heard a lot of crazy stuff. Most mechanics... like counter monkeys know surprisingly little
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Rally car on a 1/2 mile oval by Srt20 @ 08/22/16 02:29 PM

IIRC, WoO which is 410, is 1400 lbs. The wings help hold the cars down a lot as well. IMO a rally car wouldn't even be in the modified range. 2 completely different designed suspensions for their racing applications.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 10w-30 Havoline 5 qts $5.44 after rebate by KenO @ 08/22/16 02:18 PM

After an email sent, they wanted shipping confirmation from Amazon. My rebate has been approved for $15.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil AME 15w40 by alanwayne1908 @ 08/22/16 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: CT8The truck is 10 years old . And?
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Octane v. torque/horsepower by TiredTrucker @ 08/22/16 02:11 PM

And many times, the power difference is single digit spreads. Hardly worth considering.
Neither. M1 0w40, minus $12 rebate = best performance per dollar https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/up-to-15-dollars-off-with-mobil-1-and-mobil-super
Cabin Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Finding air flow direction by Jetronic @ 08/22/16 01:55 PM

Either is possible. Sometimes the cabin filter sits in front of the fan (Hyundai uses this setup) so the cabin filter also works while using recirculated air. On my car the filter sits deirectly in front of the evap core though.
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: 08 Duramax LMM - 9,886 miles - Delo 15W-40 by motor_oil_madman @ 08/22/16 01:48 PM

I'd call them up and fix the information. Make sure you tell them it's Delo 400LE otherwise they flag the additives, they did the same thing to me. I'm starting to think Delo isn't very good for long runs. It only has a Tbn of 8 to begin with.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: S13 polishing and waxing question by rooflessVW @ 08/22/16 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: PhishinOriginally Posted By: rooflessVWPolish and remove all polish with the aid of a quick detail product, then lay your wax. What does this mean? A quick detail product? LOL!! What is a Quick Detail Product and which one
Jump to new posts Re: Motor oil is now red in color by Frank D @ 08/22/16 01:30 PM

I went to Nissan for the oil change and tire rotation this morning. I mentioned to the service advisor writing up the service request about the oil being red and if they would check that. He said no one ever asked for that before. He went out to my c
Consumer Electronics
Originally Posted By: CKN[quote=Eric Smith]Just signed up for cable and probably will never go back. Nice to watch something that isn't complete [censored], one-sided news, etc etc. This new provider has a lot better line up than TWC. But I guess we'
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Platinum LV Multi-Vehicle ATF by Whitewolf @ 08/22/16 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Oro_OOriginally Posted By: kschachnGTL = Gas to Liquids or lube... Fixed that for 'ya. Pedantry gets you no where around here. Both phrases are used. Here's a technical paper with it. Quote:http://ils.ddn.upes.ac.in:8001/cg
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it the alternator? by Vikas @ 08/22/16 12:11 PM

After plugging that in, worry yourself to death if you are driving a Honda. You *will* suddenly see 12.6V while the car is running!
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at early-mid 2000 Civics/ Corollas by supton @ 08/22/16 11:45 AM

Depends upon what vehicle and what corners are getting cut. But I'd expect any sort of quality job to be past $600, upwards of $1k, since (usually) water pump and other parts ought to be replaced also.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Mobil Delvac 1 so expensive? by 4WD @ 08/22/16 11:43 AM

Mobil 1 ESP can be expensive too if you don't shop it right. 0w-30 with 3.5 HTHS
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Ag or Knobby tires for lawnmower on hill by IndyIan @ 08/22/16 11:38 AM

Ag tires only really work better when they can press into the ground and create a mechanical lock, or when its muddy and they slice mud out of the tread cleaning out the tire and getting down to something they can grip. Your machine isn't heavy enoug
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Got my car back from repairs by Miller88 @ 08/22/16 11:13 AM

I want to rub the belly ...
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil rebate is a joke. Shame on u sopus. by Rhymingmechanic @ 08/22/16 11:09 AM

I have two more jugs of Platinum, one that got a rebate and one that was denied. I'll be using oil from a different company when they're gone, not because the extra $10 would break me, but because of the shady rebate practices. I submitted everythi
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: going to start detailing my own car by razel @ 08/22/16 10:31 AM

Wholly agree about clay mitts. I tried two. One Chemical Guys Clay Mitt then a friend who bought a clay sponge. The problem I found is the feel. It's easier to tell using a clay when the surface is smooth. With the Clay Mitt there's so much soft
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I'm getting tired of hearing literally used by Touring5 @ 08/22/16 10:20 AM

I'd like to add the recent trend of starting a sentence with 'So' ("So, I have literally a million things to do today"). During the Juno insertion orbit last month, I heard at least two different JPL scientists do this repeatedly - so it's
Page 13 of 21 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 >