by buster
12/18/14 02:51 PM
My 7 year old and "Da Yoopers"
by eljefino
12/18/14 02:37 PM
Mixing ATF in Honda Accord
by mikael325
12/18/14 01:52 PM
DETECTIVES: What is my Camry's ACTUAL model code?
by SumpChump
12/18/14 01:23 PM
Pre-built system opinions wanted
by oilboy123
12/18/14 12:42 PM
Build a mini-audio amp with your kids for Xmas
by sleddriver
12/18/14 12:01 PM
Dodge Challenger/Charger owners w/Police wheels
by Blue_Goose
12/18/14 11:47 AM
Drove my Ecopia 422s in snow for the first time
by badtlc
12/18/14 10:59 AM
Chromecast better on phone than on laptop.
by mrsilv04
12/18/14 10:45 AM
Newest Members
hellermedia, TimothyJ, Cuore_Sportivo, mikael325, mag44
52210 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (aa1986, 123Saab, 95busa, acmesupply, 29662, 12 invisible), 1582 Guests and 153 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52210 Members
66 Forums
223608 Topics
3545531 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
If there was any kind of wear issue, I'd expect to see Fe a lot higher than 11ppm after 9k miles. Those engines are as bulletproof as it gets IMO. Thanks for posting.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ram truck 6 speed transmissions by demarpaint @ 12/16/14 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By: hattaresguyOriginally Posted By: demarpaintOriginally Posted By: hattaresguyOriginally Posted By: demarpaintI like the idea of the 8 speed AT, initially I was on the fence about it. Driving one sold me. My only beef is that you
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hardwood flooring, just switched to :~) by SteveSRT8 @ 12/16/14 08:35 AM

12 years ago we re-did the entire first floor in a maple floor. This last year was its first sanding and refinish. I paid a pro to sand it and recoated it myself. Stunning results. I'm sure I'll get another 10-15 years out of this finishing. It's a
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 08' Elantra Timing Belt change interval by SHOZ @ 12/16/14 08:33 AM

When the belts fail they usually strip out the nubs at the crank pulley. Really can't see any wear to speak of with a visual.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 4X4 usage by rslifkin @ 12/16/14 08:28 AM

A locked center 4wd is fine in snow, provided you wait to engage it until you need it. In a couple inches of light snow, given good tires, you'll be better off in 2wd. You'll get some wheelspin at times, but it'll be better behaved. Once the snow
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5.3 Vortec "tick" after 6k on m1ep by SteveSRT8 @ 12/16/14 08:22 AM

5.3, 6.0 we have a lot of them. They routinely run very high mileages for us. When they get noisy just use maxlife blend, they will be quiet as a mouse...
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: I dont ride anymore... sell it? by Cujet @ 12/16/14 08:15 AM

I own a number of motorcycles. I don't ride much anymore, yet I still keep them. When I want to ride, I have a bike!
Grease
Dont overthink this. - a slab of antisieze on the bolts - and a Quick spray of the thin wax type antirust protectant that you buy in sparaycans.
Consumer Electronics
Coffee taste is definitely subjective of what people like as evidenced by coffee chains and specialty shops etc. The K-cups are a convenience with a price. For single cups you can use a very small coffee maker(I do) that makes incredible coffee for
Jump to new posts Re: NGK plug wire terminal lock broke by The_Eric @ 12/16/14 07:21 AM

Sounds like a fluke failure of a non NGK manufactured part. They likely buy these parts by 10's of thousands and install them on their wires. Adding grease to the plug terminal to reduce friction won't aid the tension ring. It is still going to expan
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Camry XLE V6: Alternative to regular ATF by Joel_MD @ 12/16/14 06:38 AM

I'm an Amsoil fan myself. I go with the recommended fluid on the Amsoil online application guide and have never been disappointed. I use their synthetic ATF in my Saab's Aisin Warner 5-speed auto transmission, and in my Dodge Ram transfer case and
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts New AAP $50 off $125+ code... by sayjac @ 12/16/14 06:24 AM

With online orders. Use code WD51 at check out. Usual restrictions apply. Thru 12/20/14
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaned Battery Terminal...Idle Off by moklock @ 12/16/14 06:19 AM

Had to clean the TB in a buddies 4.2L Trailblazer for the same issue. It would not idle correctly until a manual cleaning which it desperately needed.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Malware alert on BITOG by Quattro Pete @ 12/16/14 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By: expatThe Alert seems to coincide with the pop up of the Pennzoil Ad Castrol recently added Titanium to their formulation. Pennzoil must have added Malware.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Originally Posted By: IndyIanI was wondering why the increased VI seems to matter so much in hydraulic efficiency? If a low VI hydro fluid has the same viscosity at operating temperature, as a high VI fluid, how can they get the 15% increase in prod
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Diesel additive package by Excalibur @ 12/16/14 02:49 AM

Shannow, thanks for the thoughts. I spent a good few hours with Mr.Google researching and reading. I learnt quite a bit. I tested my gum for melting point and the nearest I can pin it to is 80C/176F. The Fueldoctor, an alcohol ethoxylate based addi
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Bleeding Sequence by HTSS_TR @ 12/16/14 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: bdcardinalYes it does make a difference. Some vehicles, especially Honda, if you do not follow their sequence you will end up with a soft pedal. I just done the bleeding for 2004 Honda S2000 about 3-4 weeks ago, I started at
Jump to new posts Re: bought a used 05 grand caravan by Clevy @ 12/16/14 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Bottom_FeederSo you're sure the instrument cluster has been swapped and not the computer? I thought the ecu carried the mileage,so the cluster is irrelevant since the info comes from the ecu? As far as an upper cylinder lub
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Royal purple ice and water wetter by simple_simon @ 12/15/14 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ccapital83I've always used motor oil and atf in past cars Great work. Keep it up.
Jump to new posts Re: Quantum Blue Lubricants by Clevy @ 12/15/14 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: swankmoteeYou obviously are a bonehead who hasn't tried ACESIV or taken the time to call and speak to Brian directly! I use it in my JDM Type R Integra and it completely eliminated my octane issues and the engine runs stronger a
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROriginally Posted By: Clevy Really? It's less noisy on thinner oils. Now that is very interesting information,and more evidence that blanket statements wont keep you warm at night. Interesting to say the least. Ther
Jump to new posts Re: Group III and low temperature flow by JHZR2 @ 12/15/14 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: aa1986 It was entirely reasonable for Nyogtha to assume that you were referring to refineries. After all, we're not here to talk about pharma or other non refinery processes are we? So accusing him of being assumptive is somewha
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Enable download manager. S4 mini by wrcsixeight @ 12/15/14 09:49 PM

Nevermind, it was in applications manager and had to slide screen past-- download past--- SD card past---- running past----- All until Turned Off arose. and there was download manager, turned off.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Impact gun ratings by another Todd @ 12/15/14 09:42 PM

A big issue with air impacts is air delivery. Ratings are done at gun psi (90 or 100 usually) and unlimited volume at that psi. No shop duplicates this so you generally won't get the numbers they advertise. A 3/8 air hose which most shops use for
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix Project II: Servo100 Amp Resurrection by sleddriver @ 12/15/14 09:40 PM

Update: I've reinstalled the MOSFET heat-sinks and driver boards back into the amp chassis. Also straightened out a few wiring issues. The terminal blocks sure make this job easier! What a difference they make. This photo was taken with the amp si
Page 13 of 23 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 >