Recent Topics
Oil recommendation for a 1965 Volvo 122S.
by andx0r
03/28/15 10:39 AM
Had the most fun on 2 wheels in a long time
by skyactiv
03/28/15 10:38 AM
Driving Instructor Prank
by montero1
03/28/15 10:11 AM
New Distributor - Any suggestions for good brand?
by Bama
03/28/15 09:51 AM
Home Depot oil prices on par w/WMart
by wemay
03/28/15 09:07 AM
Bulldog loves the leaf blower
by Stelth
03/28/15 08:54 AM
Ethanol and Carburetors
by Oldswagon
03/28/15 08:33 AM
Details on free Windows 10 offer
by Hokiefyd
03/28/15 08:26 AM
Pennzoil Question - Which is the Preferred Oil?
by Best F100
03/28/15 08:15 AM
Finding stock purchase price from 20 years ago ?
by Mr Nice
03/28/15 08:00 AM
[Cut Open] Harley Davidson Super Premium 5 (63798-99A)
by DuckRyder
03/28/15 07:25 AM
How long to extend OCI?
by buck91
03/28/15 06:12 AM
Newest Members
broncobuggy, bugracer, sour, Jettaman, Neuman
53345 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (andx0r, ag_ghost, 97tbird, 1981, 2010_FX4, -SyN-, 10 invisible), 2039 Guests and 174 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53345 Members
66 Forums
228798 Topics
3656209 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Use a squeegee to dry a car? by demarpaint @ 40 seconds ago

I use a squeegee occasionally to dry my van, it works great along with clean soft towels. I wouldn't use it on paint I really care about though.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: How long to extend OCI? by A_Harman @ 6 minutes 6 seconds ago

Do the Kreen piston soak and see if that helps the oil consumption. Otherwise it sounds like a candidate for the Perpetual Oil Change Interval. Just pour in fresh oil when needed and change the filter once a year.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Had the most fun on 2 wheels in a long time by Spazdog @ 6 minutes 22 seconds ago

I cannot explain it. It is WAY too much fun. I can ride a proper motorcycle. I've even raced. There's no reason that I should ever like these rubber band drive things, but I have fallen for them. It's just too easy. On my Helix, you step on the br
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple research giving me a panic attack???? by NHHEMI @ 6 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fredfactoryOriginally Posted By: NHHEMI Coming here for it is like going to the PETA website for reviews on a local Steakhouse. Just not wise. I am a HUGE RP fan( admit it freely )and have used it since the early 90's. It is a
Jump to new posts Re: Matt Snider teaches when to do a OC by Pontual @ 7 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Leo99Ah, you attribute the worn out oil to soot and varnish. No, HE does.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Apple or Samsung? by daman @ 11 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93First off I currently have neither but from past experience having owned both Galaxies and other Samsung phones and Apple products as well I can say I'd go for Apple every time. Every single Samsung device I've ever
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendation for a 1965 Volvo 122S. by andx0r @ 14 minutes 26 seconds ago

For the past couple of years, it's been driven regularly. Before that it spent 15-20 years sitting as a display in a Georgia Volvo dealership.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Ethanol and Carburetors by Pop_Rivit @ 14 minutes 56 seconds ago

I've used E10 in a number of carbureted engines for 30+ years and never had a fuel related issue. That includes vintage tractors, regular vehicles, and both 2 and 4 stroke small engines. I keep Stabil in all my non-automotive fuel, but that's becau
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Question - Which is the Preferred Oil? by PhillyJoe @ 16 minutes 44 seconds ago

RP reminds me of Craftsman tools. We remember when they were at the top of their game. But the current versions are not what we remember. I believe Racing formula of RP still has the good stuff but the SN version is now comparable, but not better, t
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: China buying Pirelli by krzyss @ 21 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: EvansonThey don't have people who deny the problem nor corporations that have so much power they shape regulations and get away with poor practices. It does not get any bigger than companies owned by government. And biggest of
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Wonderful. Blue smoke on cold start. by thunderfog @ 24 minutes 25 seconds ago

Reviving this. Unless I missed it somewhere along the way, I hadn't had the smoke at start up issue until this morning. It went on for a good 5-7 seconds. I wish I had my camera rolling for this one...it was a lot of blue smoke. I was parked on a
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suburban 454 Issues by BowNisPar @ 24 minutes 55 seconds ago

Update: Another new MAF, no change. Cleaned throttle body, no change. It was pretty clean (very, actually). Are we still thinking injectors? I priced them out...not cheap! Finally, this morning the symptoms started immediately, engine cold. How
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Ceratec results on 2 engines by Challenger71 @ 26 minutes 26 seconds ago

Because this board and many others like it are littered with keyboard kommandos who talk a lot of game. Originally Posted By: nicholasAccording to Petro Canada, where I get my fuel - they do not switch to their summer blend <which still contains
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Warm-Up Discussion. by Pontual @ 28 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fredfactoryOriginally Posted By: Pontual The AWs that are temperature related surfactants won't work at low temperatures, BUT, what about the solid lubricants, as MoS2 and graphite. The would shime in there reducing the wear at
Jump to new posts Re: Pad and rotor suggestions for 2013 accord by BTLew81 @ 30 minutes 22 seconds ago

Known issue on a variety of honda cars, from what I heave heard. Even my '14 is starting to get some pulsing, and I drive almost all highway. I'm going to see what honda says, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll probably bite the bullet and get a dec
Jump to new posts Re: European's historical usage of "thick oil".... by fdcg27 @ 32 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andydHey, straight 30 is pretty much equal to 20 w 50. My 528e specs 20w50. The M 20 engine will run forever if you keep ahead of timing belts. Short hauls on a carbed engine would gas the oil . Thick oil would resist this
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by HerrStig @ 33 minutes 4 seconds ago

So what's the best deal on 7 as an upgrade from XP? I've seen some UK outfits offering harddrives with official 7 on them apparently extracted from otherwise notrepairable computers.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Finding stock purchase price from 20 years ago ? by fdcg27 @ 38 minutes 14 seconds ago

My mom is now 89 but remains very well organized. I also know that the broker she's used for the past twenty years or so would be more than happy to find the information for her. When you pay for full-service brokerage, you do gain some advantges and
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: ATE Super Blue Racing Dot4 by slacktide_bitog @ 38 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dailydriverSo, they (Ate) ARE allowed to say that the Typ 200 is a legal, official, DOT 4, even with "racing" mentioned/suggested on the can, since it meets the FMVSS 116 COLOR standard, correct?? Correct. Yes, the
Jump to new posts Re: New Distributor - Any suggestions for good brand? by HerrStig @ 42 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BamaI'm looking to replace the original equipment distributor on my 1990 Camry DX with a new one - old one is leaking oil through the shaft - bad internal seal. I'm aware of the kbox rebuild kit, but don't want to deal with tr
Jump to new posts Re: Selling a car for more money. Capital gain? by Win @ 46 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SpartussI'm not sure if this has been discussed but it may benefit us all. Lets say one of us on this forum, purchases a used vehicle for $5,000. Less than a year later, sells it for $10,000. .... It would be some kind of in
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation for a 1966 Ford F100 by bigt61 @ 52 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: zrayMobil 1 15w-50. I use it in all of my vintage cars, and it is the oil of choise for any vintage car I work on. Z Yeah, your vintage cars are clean & pampered - I'm sure the M1 works great. In this old "possible
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Pedestrian rant by fdcg27 @ 52 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitOriginally Posted By: Stewie Not sure where you are from but my car is not afraid of killing people That's one of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen. It's the type of mindset that shouldn't be allowed to have
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone like the 2013+ Nissan Altima 2.5? by Char Baby @ 52 minutes 43 seconds ago

Right! At one time, the Sentra & the Infinity G20 shared the same chassis/platform. And the Maxima and the Infinity I30 shared the same with each other.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Driving Instructor Prank by montero1 @ 52 minutes 48 seconds ago

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >