Recent Topics
40K miles, no oil change, engine seized, Yikes!
by sasilverbullet
11/26/14 08:31 AM
2004 Honda Odyssey Transmission Leak
by raffy
11/26/14 08:25 AM
Trip in the Cube.
by refaller
11/26/14 07:36 AM
3M 39089 Fuel System Tune-Up Kit
by Newreet
11/26/14 07:04 AM
How to tell if an oil is sludging up from UOA?
by nobb
11/26/14 06:52 AM
CSF radiators?
by Falcon_LS
11/26/14 05:20 AM
What are we all running in our differentials ?
by Shannow
11/26/14 05:10 AM
Choosing a stabilizer bar
by Falcon_LS
11/26/14 02:18 AM
Many UOA show vis loss. New norm?
by wemay
11/26/14 01:33 AM
The tie seller
by Kuato
11/26/14 12:14 AM
Eroded Spark plug?
by DoubleWasp
11/25/14 11:49 PM
Best Stuff to Clean IAC and VSV
by BrandonVA
11/25/14 11:37 PM
Newest Members
royston59, TriboOilGuy, rotor9, moto367, ron17571
52002 Registered Users
Who's Online
104 registered (bepperb, 4wheeldog, Bamaro, 1999nick, barkingspider, 12 invisible), 1437 Guests and 153 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51998 Members
66 Forums
222627 Topics
3524150 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 6 Qts M1 $27.99 by iluvhonda @ 2 minutes 46 seconds ago

I tried searching this, is it local thing near you?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Are you ready? Riots coming to your town by LT4 Vette @ 4 minutes 10 seconds ago

Blaze, I saw it and I'm not surprised the step dad was promoting violence and arson.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW Oil Conversation - why 40 weight? by Trix @ 5 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AndySantoroHi, I am new to the forum and read this discussion on VW oils with interest. I just bought a 2012 GTI. I get one more free oil change, and then I will be doing them. I use M1 in my other cars, as I have read it is goo
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: What are we all running in our differentials ? by Bryankkkk @ 6 minutes 7 seconds ago

In the truck front is 75w-90 and the rear 75w-140, crv gets dual pump fluid only.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Girl buzzed by me in the Costco lot by Joe1 @ 7 minutes 54 seconds ago

I try to visit Costco weeknights after 7:00PM to avoid the crowds and mayhem of the parking lot. If I must go on a weekend, I park behind the rear of the building as it is easier to enter and exit the parking spaces and is usually relatively empty
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Miracle Fuel-saving Devices that Didn't Work ... by Joel_MD @ 9 minutes 39 seconds ago

In the late '90s I lived in Southern California and drove a beater Ford F150 with a rebuilt carbureted 4.9L I-6 engine. I was getting pretty bad fuel economy, around 13-14 MPG on mostly freeway driving. A friend of mine wanted to try a 2-for-1 deal
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investors....come in please! by LT4 Vette @ 10 minutes 40 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: 2004 Honda Odyssey Transmission Leak by gfh77665 @ 12 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: raffy 4.) Go ahead and get the tranny seal replaced for $1K and replace the MaxLife tranny fluid with Amsoil ATF (which I have about 9 quarts of after putting 3 quarts in my Saturn). This^^^
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Eneos Sustina 5W-30 2013 Subaru WRX by Oil Changer @ 12 minutes 8 seconds ago

I bet the turbo isn't liking it. At a minimum, if a 5W-30 is the recommended grade, I'd at least use the M1 with it's HTO-06 certification. If a 40-grade is approved, it's back to the 0W-40. With the proper oil, maintenance, and monitoring, any engi
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone with a Smith SD9VE/SD40VE? by NateDN10 @ 14 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: buck91Originally Posted By: L_SludgerHad an SW9VE once... I ran away screaming. Sold it for a huge loss and never looked back. What an absolute piece of garbage it was. Can you qualify that statement? I'd take anything he sa
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: how to change tire while driving by krzyss @ 15 minutes 27 seconds ago

If I am not mistaken the tires that carry the full weight of the car are overinflated as to support the weigth and to not become unseated. I think the car needs help getting two wheels off the ground but then the balance is matter of practice and ste
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 40K miles, no oil change, engine seized, Yikes! by raffy @ 15 minutes 45 seconds ago

Well, I knew a lady who had an '83-ish Toyota Cressida and NEVER changed the oil in almost 120K miles. The car actually made it to almost 120K before the engine finally seized. To me, that is a tremendous testimony to Toyota engineering. Think how
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a stabilizer bar by Falcon_LS @ 15 minutes 46 seconds ago

Seems the reviews with the Hotchkis unit are better than the Addco. I'll give the Hotchkis a try and take it from there. Originally Posted By: bigt61It's an Envoy, not a sports car. Personally, I wouldn't mess with it. If you want to update the l
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: How long do you keep your cars? by MobilinHyundia @ 17 minutes 44 seconds ago

Keep my cars..eg $10 000 = 10 yrs.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change wisdom on another forum by leeharvey418 @ 17 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251Where do you believe I stole my signature? Naked honesty, here - I always read 'oil cap white' as the description of how you want to make the inside of your engine.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Syn or Dino for New Snowblower by judsonj @ 22 minutes 10 seconds ago

I switched to syn in my snowblower after two seasons and noticed a marked improvement in cold starting and I also got a few extra minutes of run time between fill ups.
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought a 2015 Mazda 6, planning ahead. by wemay @ 22 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jeffie7I wonder when the dealership uses castrol oil if they add moly or just use the straight Castrol 0W-20 I'll check to see if the dealership has the Mazda W/Moly and not I'll most likly go with quaker state. The car is goi
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Switched back to Win 8.1... by uc50ic4more @ 23 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SubduedUntil Apple decides Linux is worth a port for itunes, I'm stuck with Windows on at least one of my laptops. For whatever it's worth, most mainstream Linux-based OS's can work with the next-to-latest generations of iThi
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 AFE 0W-20 7,354 miles 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3 by Oil Changer @ 27 minutes 57 seconds ago

That's four years old. Suppliers have probably changed four times by now. Originally Posted By: GM4LIFEOriginally Posted By: wemayOriginally Posted By: GM4LIFEWith higher miles and a better oil like Mobil 1, I am wondering why the levels are higher
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Know If Purolator Is Improving The Classic? by mrsilv04 @ 28 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KruseOriginally Posted By: mrsilv04 Here's my new choice at $1.99 each. To me, it is a reincarnation of the original SuperTech filter. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb..._cu#Post3543143 So if this filter develops pr
Jump to new posts Re: Many UOA show vis loss. New norm? by jorton @ 30 minutes 39 seconds ago

Yes it is normal, and it is not new. Vis loss is a characteristic of resource conserving, and before that energy conserving oil. Containers are marked with ISLAC gf4 or gf5 or gf6, and "for gasoline engines" see images . Oil then retur
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Trip in the Cube. by IndyIan @ 34 minutes 0 seconds ago

I'd assume though, if you were driving the two side by side on these trips, the Odyssey would be getting 28 when the Cube was getting 36mpg, and the Odyssey would be getting 24 when the Cube was getting 28mpg. Getting blown around isn't much fun for
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: What's better for my Cummins, OAT or HOAT? by Joel_MD @ 38 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Y_K Just a reference point, not an answer. Wrong board, of course. Still, may find it somewhat useful. Good luck. on a sidenote, as an MD you should take it for granted, when patients answer a wrong question. Interesting artic
Jump to new posts Re: Eroded Spark plug? by jorton @ 40 minutes 17 seconds ago

Run an oil change with 1 bottle of marvel mystery oil, and walmart or autozone store brand(this stuff really cleans sludge) oil. Change it out before dip stick oil gets nasty when viewed on a white paper towel. Then continue using a good cleaning o
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 3M 39089 Fuel System Tune-Up Kit by Donald @ 45 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NewreetAmazon.com has the 3M 39089 Fuel System Tune-Up Kit for $29.99 with a $10.00 rebate. The rebate form is at Amazon.com and the offer is valid between 1 Nov 2014 and 31 Dec 2014. Search for "39089" or ASIN "
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >