Recent Topics
Kohler engine likes to burn oil as much as gas.
by cwatkin
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Front wheel bearing issue
by JHZR2
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
Preferences
by 01_celica_gt
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
91 Civic Hatch 3dr Si coolant hose
by Gito
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Who rev matches their downshifts?
by Klutch9
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
'08 BMW 328xi, BMW 5W30, 10.5k OCI, 57k vehicle
by grumpyoldman
Yesterday at 09:35 PM
1 yr, 3 yr, 5yr or since inception?
by bustednutz
Yesterday at 08:45 PM
2009 Mustang 4.0 Tremec fluid
by Skeet6
Yesterday at 08:35 PM
where to order slip on rocker panels
by eljefino
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
Accords MPG on recent trip...
by gregk24
Yesterday at 07:27 PM
Built in oven-microwave combination recommendation
by Pablo
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
Motorcraft FL-820S - 10,173 miles
by OVERKILL
Yesterday at 07:03 PM
Newest Members
SparkSVT, grumpyoldman, jbl_91762, PapasGuy, fanie
51170 Registered Users
Who's Online
30 registered (2010_FX4, Alfa_Hadera, asiancivicmaniac, Apollo14, alternety, 123Saab, 3 invisible), 700 Guests and 205 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51170 Members
64 Forums
218657 Topics
3447868 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Front wheel bearing issue by SnowDrifter @ 8 minutes 31 seconds ago

Also verify it's not something else like a loose fender liner, the tire plies coming apart, or something stuck in the tire
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Preferences by SnowDrifter @ 15 minutes 38 seconds ago

I like it loud all around. Although I do need to do some upgrading to my front stage. 4 6.5s and 2 super tweeters on ~800 watts. Kept up nice with my 12s but not that I've upgraded to 18s they get drowned out hahah.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Who rev matches their downshifts? by Scott_Tucker @ 16 minutes 19 seconds ago

I am a professional test driver who drives mostly older sports cars. I have to intentionally force myself *not* to rev match, because I need to be testing for conditions under which my customers would drive. Since most of them aren't completely car
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 1 yr, 3 yr, 5yr or since inception? by oilmutt @ 19 minutes 10 seconds ago

I have been with Vanguard for over 40 years-good people!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Electrical Question For Our Friends Down Under. by Kiwi_ME @ 53 minutes 35 seconds ago

It's fairly easy to source a 230VAC to 110VAC transformer downunder, although 1.2 KVA is getting up there in size. I have a building site transformer on which I run a 110VAC laser printer. If it's a personal import for the buyer there should be no
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for new car by 01_celica_gt @ Today at 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: massparanoiaWent and changed the oil today. Discovered a Honda oil filter in place which leads me to believe based on the condition of the car the previous owner probably took it through their local honda dealer every 7500 miles
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Accords MPG on recent trip... by 01_celica_gt @ Today at 12:40 AM

man, my mothers 06 camry does 33-34 mpg consistently on long trips and its at the state of burning oil, I can't wait till I get an opportunity to rebuild it and see if I can bring it up to the 36-38mpg range
Jump to new posts Re: 15w50 and ambient temperature by zray @ Today at 12:38 AM

I use Mobil 1 15w-50 in all my classic cars ; Shelby's, HiPo Mustangs, and misc. Triumphs and XKE's. They are driven in temperatures ranging from 10 to 110 F. In the Fords I'm using a high volume Melling oil pump and have a minimum of 75 psi oil h
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler engine likes to burn oil as much as gas. by 901Memphis @ Today at 12:24 AM

Also if the rest of the mower is in good condition, maybe it would be more worthwhile to find another engine to swap in there if possible? http://www.brandnewengines.com/SV730-3043.aspx?gclid=CJLRyLPlwcACFYZzMgod30oAAw
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0W20 AFE - Great Oil ! by jrustles @ Today at 12:08 AM

This thread! Originally Posted By: ChrisD46At first I thought I was experiencing the placebo effect and a favorable butt dyno reading but the M1 0W20 AFE love continues . Well the 'love continuing' certainly verifies the butt dyno reading! I'm
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Liqui-Moly MoS2 by SnowDrifter @ Today at 12:05 AM

All good
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: List of Purolator failures - P1 14460 by Apollo14 @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics of an FL820S before it went for recycling, but I thought it was worth sharing my findings and observations. Firstly, the filter was used for 8700 miles / 15 months. The vehicle was pushed to high speeds a few tim
Jump to new posts Re: I Don't Change My Oil by SnowDrifter @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

I've not taken the time to look through the thread yet. But this looks like a really interesting experiment
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Weird sky. by jrustles @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Astro14 Sure, there is cutting edge research going on, some of it black, but 100 years ahead? Easily 100 years! Some of it black? The best stuff is black!!
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Engine Flush by SnowDrifter @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

If you change your oil on time, there should't be any sludge, and as such no reason to do an engine flush. I'd suggest an engine flush for the people that do 20k OCIs on cheap oil without any knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MC FL-500s 9,245 Miles [Cut Open] by Apollo14 @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLI don't recall ever seeing a glued seam failure on an MC filter. They may not look as pretty as a metal crimp but they work just fine. Several folks reported an issue in this thread. This link is to a page with a work
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Originally Posted By: RandWhat is the use of that? secondary baking oven? I'd be lost without some kind of cooktop. You can have a combo convection and microwave up top or just a microwave. The beauty of such a set up is that it saves counter spac
Jump to new posts Re: Dino vs Synthetic 5w30 cold pour test by SnowDrifter @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Huh... So I tossed a synthetic bottle each of mobil 1, valvoline, and amsoil I had laying around in the freezer. Mobil 1 and amsoil got thick, but not much else. Valvoline got thick and cloudy. I didn't observe any cloudyness with the other oils
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro by Trix @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: TrixThe current price on Amazon is pretty good. 40.00 for 6 quarts. Cheaper than Mobile 1 0W40 M1 0w-40 is $22 and change for 5qt jug at Walmart right now. That's hard to beat. Definitely.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: California to ban plastic bags by joaks @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Smoky14I wonder if they are outlawing doggie waste bags as well. Hard enough to get people to pick up with plastic doggie bags. Smoky All of the dog do bags I have seen are biodegradable.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New to me 1995 LS400 172k pics by Brybo86 @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

It might be sooner for me than I would like, I am getting a sound like the starter is still engaged for a half second after starting... Either solenoid or actual starter I'm not sure...I may post a you tube video
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: IF WS2 = ultimate lubricant by 67King @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: dailydriverpaging; 67King! Yeah, I'll get back to this. Someone has tracked me down on a Porsche forum to copy and paste that there, as well. Registered just to ask me that publicly, and the only post made since then. Been
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: '08 BMW 328xi, BMW 5W30, 10.5k OCI, 57k vehicle by 2004tdigls @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

personally I never could understand these long drain intervals, interesting reading here. Their engines are full of sludge and varnish using the 10k to 15k oci http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=893748 http://www.munichmotorsport.com/wo
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Toyota Tacoma Extended Drains by Alex38 @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

I'd run the M1 5w30 EP after the warranty is up. Prior to that, get your free changes at the dealer, then run Mobil Super 5w30 for the rest of the warranty. After warranty, go with M1...
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter recommendation by jk_636 @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: dave123Royal Purple 10-2867 order from Jegs and they will put it on your front door step for free. +1. I forgot about the RP filter. They are arguably the most solid filter on the market today.
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >