Recent Topics
MC FL-820S, 7.6K miles, 2012 F-250
by car51
07/24/16 04:41 PM
Scion tC Radiator Fan troubleshooting
by sky
07/24/16 03:59 PM
Does Americastire sell tires from the DTD list?
by zorobabel
07/24/16 03:54 PM
My $250 Saturn climbed Mt Washington
by eljefino
07/24/16 03:07 PM
Coolant change issue
by renegade_987
07/24/16 03:05 PM
Shell X100 30/40?
by FordCapriDriver
07/24/16 02:59 PM
Do you reuse ring gear bolts?
by buck91
07/24/16 02:54 PM
Wonder if anyone with NASCAR has noticed...
by mrsilv04
07/24/16 02:42 PM
Brake Pad Anti Rattle Clips
by Miller88
07/24/16 02:02 PM
Video: Napa Proselect 21334 cut open
by cronk
07/24/16 01:12 PM
what viscosity on a new build? 351W/408 street
by tomcat27
07/24/16 12:14 PM
What is this plant?
by skyactiv
07/24/16 11:16 AM
Newest Members
Matt_P, tpragski, 182RG, BillHuang, jwilliamson185
58578 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (901Memphis, 2165, A1O, AIRJAC3, alanwayne1908, 4WD, 7 invisible), 2025 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58578 Members
66 Forums
252196 Topics
4135696 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MC FL-820S, 7.6K miles, 2012 F-250 by A1O @ 28 seconds ago

Looks OK to me. There is that big gap though and that's freaky
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 10W-30 a better choice then 5W-30 by pscholte @ 4 minutes 2 seconds ago

I recommend you read all the responses for entertainment and use what Fiat-Chrysler recommends. Unless you know personally a respondant and know their expertise and it is sufficient to overrule the manufacturer (not likely) then stay with what FCA t
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil ultra 5w30 back in stock at Walmart.com by GREBOW @ 4 minutes 27 seconds ago

All jugs matter hehe
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Top Tier Gasoline = only 5 miles more per tank? by hatt @ 4 minutes 27 seconds ago

My local Citgo prices haven't changed since Citgo went TT. Still the lowest or same price as the surrounding stations.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Recycling by earlyre @ 4 minutes 40 seconds ago

Well, I puncture mine to drain before taking them to be recycled..
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Those wacky guys at MicroGreen are doing it again. by DeafBrad @ 6 minutes 14 seconds ago

I tried to get a filter, but the promo code didn't work. What am I doing wrong? It is 316pm pacific time... am I too late?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Is the Fuel Cell Vehicle a Disruptive Technology? by Tosh @ 6 minutes 23 seconds ago

It's not disruptive to the OIL COMPANIES that are the ONLY ones pushing this Green(tm) wash.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant change issue by barkingspider @ 7 minutes 43 seconds ago

During the flush and rinse cycles, I would leave the thermostat out so it easier for the water to circulate through the system. Replace thermostat when u are ready for the new coolant. 50/50 give or take 10% either way, you will be fine
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Pad Anti Rattle Clips by wrcsixeight @ 8 minutes 53 seconds ago

I had the same issues. Mine uses these rubber bands to prevent rattling, but I never installed them thinking they would cause the pads to stick/bind. the rattling eventually caused the pads retainment tangs to wear pits into the ways where the ca
Jump to new posts Re: Conoco Phillips Lubricants Updates by RazorsEdge @ 11 minutes 12 seconds ago

Good information,but I wish they would left the colors of the bottles alone,oh well.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: My $250 Saturn climbed Mt Washington by eljefino @ 13 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverWow, how cool is that? Something to add to the bucket list. Thank you sir! What brand and weight engine oil are you running? It's a mongrel mix of kendall titanium 10w30, pennzoil synblend 5w30 and peak 10w40. T
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scion tC Radiator Fan troubleshooting by Nick1994 @ 17 minutes 24 seconds ago

Unplug the fan that's spinning slowly and get out some spare wire or extra speaker wire and wire it to the battery and see how it does. If it spins nice and fast, the fan is probably good and there's an electrical problem leading to the fan. If it's
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Does Americastire sell tires from the DTD list? by Sayjac @ 20 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: zorobabel..Thanks, I hope AT will behave as you expect. I'm going on my experience, though from reading here quite sure I'm not alone. Really if it's WM that has the tire for the price match, only should be necessary to point
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Wonder if anyone with NASCAR has noticed... by HerrStig @ 25 minutes 0 seconds ago

Perhaps NASCAR should permit the boys to buildsome real road racing cars with brakes and tires big enough for the weight of the vehicles. Then we might see some innovation in suspension design and "low speed aero". It might also bring
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by fdcg27 @ 39 minutes 43 seconds ago

'95 BMW 318i 159K car, a little over 4K oil. Oil run 4/17/16-7/24/16 Out: Defy 10W-40, Mahle filter In: Delvac 1300 15W-40, Mahle filter The Delvac Super has much higher HTHS viscosity than did the Defy, so it'll be interesting to see what th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Single Women On Bitog? by simple_gifts @ 52 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AndurilOriginally Posted By: barkingspiderI'm married now and it's not as fun as being single, lol Speak for yourself. Some of us enjoy the security of knowing that whatever happens, we have someone to share it with and we're
Jump to new posts Re: Oil made from natural gas? by jongies3 @ 52 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mbacfpDoes it really have the better cleaning attributes as marketing suggests. I think Pennzoil claims up to 30% cleaner engine. Am trying Pennzoil Platinum 10w40. Since when did they make PP 10w-40? I've never seen of or h
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Fusion Hybrid by SatinSilver @ 53 minutes 15 seconds ago

Autotrader, fill in the correct search parameters. About the same price as a regular SE.
Jump to new posts Re: what viscosity on a new build? 351W/408 street by Shannow @ 56 minutes 25 seconds ago

I'd stick to the 20W50 recommendation, then fine tune HTHS from there. Here's an old thread that shows some of the variances that you might find in that grade, let alone going to other XW50s. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking about adding Lucas Transmission Fix by CourierDriver @ Today at 04:18 PM

My 2005 Buick LeSabre, had transmission rebuilt 3 or 4 years ago, 3 months ago it started shifting hard between shifts, had the same folks drop pan and replace filter and added my old time favorite Lubegard universal, a week later it was shifting har
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I see many diesel trucks spewing black soot... by DoubleWasp @ Today at 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleOriginally Posted By: DoubleWaspOriginally Posted By: JarlaxleThe Ram Trucks site...Ram 5500 is rated for 18,980lbs. (Yes, I rounded.) You can only get that rating with the Aisin transmission. A properly-spec'd V10 F-5
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Solar power is getting cheaper every year by Shannow @ Today at 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: sleddriver As Shannow has so aptly pointed out, it's only cheap until you set the weight of the ENTIRE GRID down upon it and the people demand the same dependability, reliability, consistantcy and availablility of "their&qu
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Gun Prices by Doog @ Today at 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: AlOriginally Posted By: billt460 $450.00 for a molded plastic pocket .380 is NOT "inexpensive". I used to think you knew a bit about pistols but anyone that quotes a $450 price for an LCP is not in touch. I have
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Mouse Guns by Astro14 @ Today at 03:56 PM

I wish I knew for certain! I've only shot one (the CCP) at the range...but the guys at the range rent them, so if they hold up in that kind of use, I would think they should hold up as a carry pistol...and I thought that slide was steel...
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil 10w-30 by BrocLuno @ Today at 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Jetronicyou could use an ester oil to dissolve the additives, if you want 100% synthetic. Do they order their add-pak from Lubrizol (or whoever) that way ... I'll bet breakfast they don't ...
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >