by 02s4audi
04/21/15 07:23 AM
5 Million chickens ??
by CourierDriver
04/21/15 07:00 AM
WHAT ABOUT
by Baseball17
04/21/15 01:46 AM
Can an overheating engine REALLY cause a fire?
by Avery4
04/20/15 10:55 PM
Oil recommendation for Chevy LS7 454 crate engine?
by 340_Magnum
04/20/15 10:44 PM
"High Age" oil
by otis24
04/20/15 10:12 PM
Mobil1 AFE 0w20 in 2014 Mazda3
by adamgirard
04/20/15 09:38 PM
M1 0w-40 in a Saturn SL1
by faramir9
04/20/15 09:21 PM
Big Lots Peak oil BOGO $3.80
by SpeedyG75VW
04/20/15 08:50 PM
Newest Members
bisonwings, P7M8HK, Evie2015, Jimdraper, adamgirard
53665 Registered Users
Who's Online
106 registered (Asterix, Andrei, anl0109, 2010_FX4, 01_celica_gt, 11 invisible), 1652 Guests and 215 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53665 Members
66 Forums
230086 Topics
3682209 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Can an overheating engine REALLY cause a fire? by BMWTurboDzl @ 24 seconds ago

Yes. Two years ago we had some bad ice and a driver in a late model 5 series was filmed on TV trying to drive on an icy street. He just sat there spinning his tires, overheated and caught fire.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Computer rec for just surfing and live stream. by JustinH @ 1 minute 51 seconds ago

Take a look at the dell outlet webpage. My father in law just bought an inspiron all in one, with a 20 inch screen for around 300 dollars. Works fine. I bought an inspiron laptop for like 249 dollars. Both were refurbished but look brand new. I
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: KLX250S or CRF250L by sunruh @ 2 minutes 28 seconds ago

the crf has EFI, has the klx caught up to that yet? the yamaha wr250l also has EFI
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Backing into parking places..... by MNgopher @ 2 minutes 30 seconds ago

Work insurance asks us to back into parking spaces - based on the theory there is less to pay attention to when backing into a parking space than when backing into traffic.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any professional ASE Technicians on forum? by cptbarkey @ 2 minutes 47 seconds ago

"Any professional ASE Technicians on forum?" Plenty at the dealer, good luck.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: WHAT ABOUT by CT8 @ 2 minutes 54 seconds ago

It is a fine oil.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Read "Beast" book? by Jade Gurss 2014, Ilmor-Pens by fredfactory @ 3 minutes 34 seconds ago

Interesting how one of the race TV color-commentators toward the end of the race made a big statement on how Mercedes had nothing to do with the engineering or building of the Ilmor-Penske engine, yet will reap a PR coup from it. Trying to ruin Merc
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 5 Million chickens ?? by CT8 @ 3 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver One of may favorite expressions: He who controls the food supply , controls the world. It is just a matter of time till someone really grasp the concept.... Unless the TV tells the people to believe it . The con
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts New and used Puro Classic L14610 by Sierra048 @ 3 minutes 57 seconds ago

The used filter came off of the Frontier on a run with ST 5W30 with approx. 4800 miles on it. The virgin filter was the last one in my stash. It cost me less than two dollars at a KMart going out of business sale so there wasn't much tied up in it.
Jump to new posts Re: AC woes on Ficus AGAIN.... by ram_man @ 4 minutes 3 seconds ago

Car is at the dealer now so maybe they'll be able to take care of it hopefully. I made a case with ford about the rental car deal so we will see what happens.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: A Yugo joke by chrisri @ 8 minutes 5 seconds ago

Original car on which Yugo was based was FIAT 127, and was much better with better geometry, lower centre of gravity and nicer built quality. Fiat 127 70 HP was/is really sought after city car that handles very good. Yugo can be made reliable and can
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: What oil do NHRA cars use? by sunruh @ 8 minutes 15 seconds ago

member O2SE is actually a mechanic on a TF team and has posted info on this.
Jump to new posts Re: Over due for brake lines - all of them by HangFire @ 9 minutes 52 seconds ago

The other shops quoted a high price for a job they didn't want. $500 is a really good price, good enough to put up with the wheel cylinders I guess. Did you give them the go-ahead on the $315 front wheel hub? Some of these are a PITA due to being pr
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tree question - property line by stockrex @ 9 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlundbladHow close are you with the neighbor? new guy, just bought the house last year. he is from spain and he is Russian. nice people, I will chat with them this weekend.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: marvel oil vs seafoam in oil by Trajan @ 10 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: southernjeeperI added 7ounces of MMO to my oil in my Cherokee last week. I drove it 50 miles and did an oil change today. It was it need of an oil change anyhow so I thought why not try MMO. Si
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Rat's starter is failing, Anybody ever rebuild one by MarkM66 @ 10 minutes 29 seconds ago

Where do you guys buy these rebuild kits? I looked for one on RockAuto, and they just sell the whole enchilada.
Jump to new posts Re: Which Centric Rotor for my Accord? by The Critic @ 13 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HangFireThe difference between the various grades of Centric rotors is the guaranteed runout, it runs about .005" for the cheap ones and you pay more for every .001" after that. As long as you keep the final installed
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: NHTSA: Wash your vehicle! by MNgopher @ 13 minutes 26 seconds ago

I'm just going to put it this way: If I live in Minnesota, and can wash my car reliably down to about zero to 5 degrees, and not have issues with frozen doors, I'm sure the rest of the country can do the same. As to winter road maintenance, well, I
Jump to new posts Re: starter/solenoid terminals protection by HangFire @ 14 minutes 6 seconds ago

Working with specialized pre-production military vehicles, we ran them through every kind of weather, mud, rain, snow, through gravel, rocks, sticks, weeds, you name it. Covered each 12V terminal connection with clear GE Silicone II and never had any
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Big Lots Peak oil BOGO $3.80 by Hokiefyd @ 14 minutes 17 seconds ago

Great deal...less than $2/qt for good oil. I'm going to stop by the one here at lunch to check it out.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Another USPS rant by Hokiefyd @ 15 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlundbladThe more I see threads like this, the more i see how issues like this are regional. I think they're also somewhat random. I had someone to send me a money order via USPS Priority Mail on a Monday from California and i
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic transmission temperature by roadrunner1 @ 16 minutes 37 seconds ago

An addition to this topic, last fall I purchased an '15 F350 with the 6.7 Powerstroke, 6 speed auto 6r140. It has a digital transmission temp readout. My first extended drive I was shocked that the trans temp regularly stayed at 200f + - a few degree
Jump to new posts Re: Little mail trucks by Miller88 @ 19 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bullwinkleOriginally Posted By: dlundbladUPS always lets their trucks idle. The USPS must have some pretty sketchy transmissions. Probably USSR military surplus. Lol. Not here they don't, UPS shuts them off on every stop. Then
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone know how Castrol 0w-30/40 compares to by Pesca @ 21 minutes 39 seconds ago

If you are not too much in a hurry, you will get a comparaison in about two years :-) : In fall, I will do an UOA on the GC 0w-30 that is in the BMW, and 18 months later, I will do an UOA on the 0w-40 that will go next in the same BMW. Unfortunetaly
Jump to new posts Re: "High Age" oil by jrmason @ 22 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Oil ChangerThe OP isn't comparing any oil to any oil. The OP is asking if his low mileage for it's age vehicle could benefit from a HM oil. The answer is yes. Since I'm the only respondent that used the word stout and you quote
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >