by Mfrank84
53 minutes 47 seconds ago
Four Baldwin BT223 oil filters
by NormanBuntz
54 minutes 21 seconds ago
UOA: 02 WRX 5MT, 40K - Valvoline "cocktail" 80w90
by Buffman
Today at 08:37 AM
Help me select the correct Dex/Merc fluid.
by reemoe2
Today at 08:03 AM
IIHS crash testing on small cars
by Hokiefyd
Today at 07:58 AM
Havoline Conventional 5w20, thoughts?
by wemay
Today at 07:35 AM
Powerful car crusher..
by pbm
Today at 07:18 AM
Air / oil separator. . . .
by Robster
Today at 07:17 AM
Undersized Ford 4.6 filters
by gfh77665
Today at 07:16 AM
EricTheCarGuy @ Valvoline, 35min video about oil.
by HKPolice
Today at 06:19 AM
Newest Members
StephenSanchez, Tony05, sacamano, handy, amber
50800 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (Bandito440, 1 FMF, 90crvtec, 123Saab, 97tbird, 5 invisible), 1846 Guests and 223 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50800 Members
64 Forums
217034 Topics
3417125 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-Oxidants by MolaKule @ 1 minute 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackIs the beta-thiodialkanol you reference a monosulfide? The beta-thiodialkanol referenced contains both a monosulfide and a disulfide, with a majority monosulfide content.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Chinese Craftsman wrenches by jcwit @ 1 minute 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Michael_PThe other day, I had a chance to look at a set of Chinese Craftsman combo wrenches vs a US made combo wrench of the same size. At a glance, they look the same, but the Chinese wrenches were considerably thicker and had
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: New vehicle protocol by Cadenza @ 2 minutes 53 seconds ago

I was in the same position--- two new cars and wanted simple and durable protection. Clay, sealant, wax twice a year. I use a fine Nanoskin sponge, Duragloss 601/105, and Collinite 845. But lots of good choices among similar products.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: New CRV, but free oil changes at dealership by 90crvtec @ 5 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Schmoe walked out of there with a brand new car, paid off the older crv and got an extended 5 year warranty for less than 18.5K....you tell me. So I've had to extrapolate a little bit so these numbers aren't exact, just back
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Collinite 845 over Meguiars Cleaner Wax by Bear @ 7 minutes 14 seconds ago

Just bought a nanoskin auto scrub. I won't go back to clay after using it. About $12 for the fine grade sponge. Used a spray bottle with car wash/water for lubricant. As far as the Collinite 845, the stuff is easy to apply, does not leave white resid
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mix my own dexos1?? by daves87rs @ 7 minutes 48 seconds ago

Kinda....wouldn't hurt....cheaper the just buy the blend though.... And a Dexos1 blend needs to be AT LEAST 45 percent synthetic to be a dexos blend. You'll find most dexos blends are at least half though...
Jump to new posts Re: Truck Double Standard by Jarlaxle @ 10 minutes 42 seconds ago

Not everyone can. Some people HAVE TO get to work!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Price Of Gas.. Really Dropped Today. by Tdbo @ 10 minutes 59 seconds ago

Currently $3.24 here for RUG. However, Price Hike Alert had been issued by Gas Buddy projecting $3.55 +/- 10 cents.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: audio out from tv to phono "in" sounds bad... by Schmoe @ 13 minutes 21 seconds ago

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb..._RC#Post3239615
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Avoid FedEx by dparm @ 14 minutes 26 seconds ago

I fail to see the problem. It was shipped via the ground service and goes through the normal channels, such as their sorting hubs. Did you expect FedEx to hand-deliver it directly from the company to your door?
Jump to new posts Re: EricTheCarGuy @ Valvoline, 35min video about oil. by cptbarkey @ 14 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: michaelluscherETCG lost all credibility with me after when he rebuilt calipers with brake fluid contaminated friction material What the heck are you talking about specifically? Increase your credibility by reducing the hyperb
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No "quick struts" for my vehicle? by exranger06 @ 16 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ronboThe only home handyman spring compressor I like is the clam style. http://www.otctools.com/products/clamshell-strut-spring-compressor Bought one for $55 from a retired mechanic. An older model, made in USA, without the saf
Jump to new posts Re: Sensen Struts, talk me into or out of them by Mykl @ 18 minutes 28 seconds ago

In regards to my own Toyota, unless they made some changes to the OEM struts I wouldn't (and didn't) buy another set. It's a known issue that they develop leaks a lot sooner than you expect of an acceptable quality strut.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got my new Accutron Amerigo by Touring5 @ 18 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BenzadmiralI miss the original Accutrons with the tuning fork movement. There was nothing else like 'em on the market in the '60s and '70s. In 1999 I bought a 1967 Accutron "doctor's watch" from an online shop. How
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra FAILURE by grampi @ 19 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jcwitMillions of cars & trucks have used various models of Fram with no ill results. Millions of cars & trucks have used various models of Wix with no ill results. Millions of cars & trucks have used various models
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best most afordable oil filter for my Prius? by cptbarkey @ 21 minutes 1 second ago

case of driveworks and call it a day. that engine does not die.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Vizio Tv Intermittent No Picture. by Schmoe @ 22 minutes 23 seconds ago

Check out www.shopjimmy.com When I was trying to fix that plasma that I mentioned above, they were very helpful. You can email the tech's and they WILL get back to you. They sent me some boards, TV still didn't work but I sent the boards back to
Jump to new posts Re: Help me select the correct Dex/Merc fluid. by strat81 @ 24 minutes 53 seconds ago

I'd ask this question over at SaturnFans.com or google search that site. They will know what works and doesn't work in the S-series.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Barbecueing at a gas station by dave5358 @ 26 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: y_p_wI think one of the more common ways a gas pump catches on fire is that someone forgets to remove the nozzle and drives off. I know there are breakaway nozzles and valves that automatically shut off the flow, but doesn't th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Driving WALL of SHAME! by SHOZ @ 27 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlundbladThe highway by us is under road construction. Right after an intersection, it turns into a one lane road because they are working on a bridge. A lady was driving in the center of the road to keep people from passing her
Jump to new posts Re: Powerful car crusher.. by mcrn @ 28 minutes 59 seconds ago

I wonder what protection is in place to keep a human from getting or falling in.
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: mobil1 blackstone by yvon_la @ 29 minutes 32 seconds ago

http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554204
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart selling opened jugs for disct rate by RGR @ 34 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wemayI'm beginning to think this has been a regrettable exercise for SOPUS. Could be. But as a consumer benefiting from the program I can't complain. Depending on how you look at it, I've saved $500 on gasoline (two entire roa
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Avoid State Farm! by Schmoe @ 35 minutes 22 seconds ago

Wow. I have a ten year old daughter and this is making me think a lot when her time behind the wheel comes..... Glad to hear your daughter is going to be OK. I can just imagine the range of emotions you went through. Interesting take on the WW a
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: A Weekend With a 2014 Challenger V6 Rental by Volvohead @ 38 minutes 12 seconds ago

I still miss my '73 Country Sedan from time to time. As '70s cars went, that one was reliable and could haul Texas. Acres of vinyl bench seats, crank windows and steel everywhere. Active emissions system was 3 vacuum hoses and a check valve (which
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >