by turtlevette
Today at 01:58 AM
Polaris HD 10w-50, weak sauce?
by DNVDMAX
Today at 01:39 AM
Napa 15w40 cj-4 napa brand? Good for cat Mack and
by mountainmover
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Swifty gas station has just got a facelift?
by Vern_in_IL
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
2003 Ford F53 - High pressure power steering line.
by mrsilv04
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Fuel Filter recommendations
by THE_TROTS
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
Newest Members
VinceHimself, jirfyu, Donskjr, mccantsjr, kocoman
54913 Registered Users
Who's Online
75 registered (A_Harman, Bandito440, Bigdaddyeasy, Benzadmiral, Asterix, badtlc, 10 invisible), 1268 Guests and 81 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54913 Members
66 Forums
235326 Topics
3786088 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Right back atcha: "Winchester Cathedral"
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered Royal Purple 5w30 HPS by donnyj08 @ 3 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GarakIf he's using it in his 2008 truck, it's not going to be much different from a specified oil. It'll have appropriate viscosity (including HTHS), with a little more phosphorous than originally envisioned. These oil is targ
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Toughguard vs wix by Bigdaddyeasy @ 4 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix^^^ What does non-metal end caps have to do with efficiency? Off in the weeds once again it seems. Maybe Purolator could find a way to keep their media from failing. Puro surely could and should stop making tearing med
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: P1's for birthday by goodtimes @ 7 minutes 26 seconds ago

Explain the issue to the giver and try to exchange them for known good product that they sell. They don't want to give you problem gifts. Fram Ultra seems to be the hands down winner for the price. I found a defect in the ADBV in a Purolator made fil
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Regal: rocker panel damaged by Benzadmiral @ 17 minutes 59 seconds ago

The Regal has had a painful adventure, thanks to its idiot pilot. I'd parked in my barber's lot on Saturday morning, right near the yellow-painted concrete curb. When I left, I cut the wheel way too soon. GRRRR-AAAACK! "Oh, Jeez --!" C
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: It's 1992- Which of these do you choose and why? by Benzadmiral @ 26 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: Benzadmiral and riding in it was like riding on a motorized cloud.) Yikes. How awful. On the streets here, believe me, you don't want to feel the road.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Heck Of A Race @Pocono by tig1 @ 30 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04So glad that horseface didn't win. Your post should be deleted.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: education trust by zrxkawboy @ 34 minutes 31 seconds ago

Thanks for the replies. To answer some questions: Our older child is just starting 6th grade, so it won't be needed for awhile. The estate lawyer simply mailed a check to us for the full amount (!), and told us to send the EIN to him when we receiv
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pat Goss is an Idiot by sayjac @ 34 minutes 49 seconds ago

Don't know if he's an idiot. Do know in one segment about oil filters, he apparently didn't know the difference between the adbv and the bypass. Never much cared for Pat. IMO, he seems frequently to shill for his show sponsors in his segments. Somet
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Swifty gas station has just got a facelift? by bullwinkle @ 40 minutes 16 seconds ago

They closed all of them here in greater Cincinnati, a few of them have been sold & are having little convenience stores built next to them, they haven't reopened yet, though.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dirt Bike Surfing.. by Cujet @ 40 minutes 23 seconds ago

The big dirt bikes can stay up on top of the water for a short while, if going very fast. Many years ago, Dick Burleson was practicing for the "alligator enduro" in Daytona Beach, FL. I was tagging along and following him. He rode across
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Once In the Truck's Life Air Filter Replacement by The_Eric @ 42 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SilverSnakeI think everyone should buy expensive vehicles and then try to save a few bucks on oil and filter changes, air filter changes and the like. I can't believe some of the things I read on this forum. Just more reasons
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 Concept Car by A_Harman @ 43 minutes 41 seconds ago

The original Can-Am was unlimited, run whatcha brung racing. They started out with aluminum Buicks or Olds at about 300HP, graduated up to aluminum 327 Chevies with about 500 HP, went to big-block Chevies of 427, 430, 465, and 495 cubic inches of ab
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Why America is anti-metric by Shannow @ 57 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: simple_giftsJust food for thought, I worked in high tech mfg for many years. Many machines and machine tools (cnc and non cnc) and machinists tools are graduated in inches. We had many functioning machines (NC controlled and s
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Infineum - Striking the right balance by A_Harman @ 58 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BenitoDon't wish to nitpick, but originally you said: "1 or 2 data points? I'm not convinced yet. Let them run 6 or 8 test replications so they can show where the average settles out" Now you agree there are 8 data p
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Autotrak smurf fluid turned black by seanf @ Today at 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: jhellwigMy 2011 Silverado has autotrack but I am fairly certain it secs dex vi. Some where around 07 is when they started putting dex6 in transfer cases, its a different style case as well, up until then however if you had an a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is Our Universe a Fake? by buster @ Today at 07:04 AM

Check out Jacques Vallee's presentation on TED about "Physics of Information". Very interesting.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Hand mounting 17 inch tires by CapriRacer @ Today at 07:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Silverado12I use WD-40 on my motorcycle tires when I mount them. The local tire shop installs car tires for free as long as I buy them there. Def easier to use 3 spoons when mounting tires. Please do not use WD40 to mount ti
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by caravanmike @ Today at 06:59 AM

2012 jeep liberty 3.7L, 4300 on oci Out: 5w-20 qsad, purolator filter In: 5w-30 mobil super 5k, proline filter
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
I use this oil in twin 454's on our boat. Yes, it is CJ-4. Good oil.
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: demarpaintIf the lion would have died of natural causes: A. We wouldn't be having this discussion. B. The dentist wouldn't be having any problems arising from killing the lion. It's a sad state of affairs. If another male li
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Best oil for long term storage (car, not oil) by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ron in scOriginally Posted By: GarakSome will say to not raise the vehicle. Unloading the suspension may be detrimental. What is stated above is exactly what I was told by Bilstein. They said left unloaded the seals could be
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Songs that were crimes .... by aquariuscsm @ Today at 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ShannowNot to take from the thread re "Rose Garden", as it's around the passing of a memorable performer. There was a bunch of songs that my siblings and I called "Porridge Music", as it was the music that D
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Canadian robot social experiment by Shannow @ Today at 06:45 AM

Tearing limb FROM limb is typical of dismemberment...limb FOR limb, when googled references back to the original form.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: so inspiring by sayjac @ Today at 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy...I was giving a little break and asked to be cordial hence my sig. It would appear some equally vocal person went and cried to the moderator........"booho boohoo that bad man doesn't share my enthusiasm for my
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >