10/25/14 09:20 AM
2015 Mazda 6 oil filter
by BrianPA
10/25/14 08:31 AM
Newest Members
ChevyTwo, BrianPA, JeepCommander, hevslark, Hox
51688 Registered Users
Who's Online
69 registered (bdcardinal, Apollo14, 2cool, 2009Edge, BigD3800, 9 invisible), 1870 Guests and 200 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51688 Members
64 Forums
221190 Topics
3497166 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO or MGMO which is more desirable? by CATERHAM @ 1 minute 55 seconds ago

Not only that but M1 0W-20 is really intended for 5W-20 applications. For Japanese applications oils like TGMO and MGMO are more suitable being much lighter at typical start-up temp's and also have higher AW additive levels.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rental car for cheap in boston, MA mid May by expat @ 1 minute 57 seconds ago

Google 'Cheap car rental Boston' and try a few brokers like Priceline, Ecconomy car rental, Kyak etc. Many offer lowest price guarantee, so play one against the other and ask for an upgrade in lieu of a price match.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Pep Boys Peak Synthetic on clearance... by Steak @ 3 minutes 58 seconds ago

Confirmed at the store in North Miami. Thanks OP.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: does one need all 4 winter tires? by Ken2 @ 4 minutes 18 seconds ago

Quote:you want to be able to STOP more than you want to be able to go. Not exactly. You want to go. You need to stop or turn. Buy 4.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car Quest Merger Results by Chris142 @ 5 minutes 48 seconds ago

cq can't stay in business here.they priced themselves out of town
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Seem like antique old school guy dont give a rat . by Nyogtha @ 8 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dieselbass Changed the oil regularly and saw 150,000 + miles out of those cars. I miss those days when you could fix something without thousands worth of scopes and meters. And everything in the engine compartment was readi
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: It's Not About The Nail by expat @ 10 minutes 16 seconds ago

I have had that conversation. Or more accurately, Had to listen to it.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Brushes by OneEyeJack @ 11 minutes 13 seconds ago

Looking around works. No one designing a device invents a size for an outsourced part just for grins. They use something that already exists. All you have to do is start looking. Machines have very few if any wear parts that are magic and come from n
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tough older guy shoots home invaders. by bubbatime @ 13 minutes 26 seconds ago

Too bad the homeowner was injured. Hope for a speedy recovery. This is a definite reminder to EVERYONE, NEVER OPEN YOUR DOOR to strangers. Put no soliciting signs at the door. If someone knocks, tell them to go away through the locked front door I
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY QUESTION by Nick1994 @ 15 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit Originally Posted By: Nick1994You have a 2006 car made in 2007? I'm not sure where you picked that up. The original poster has a 2006 model year vehicle with the original 7 year battery in it. The 7 year battery i
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: New computer build by Colt45ws @ 15 minutes 46 seconds ago

So, I install Win8 get drivers installed and think, "This was easy. Its already done and ready to ship. I better test it though." Fire up Prime95 for 8 thread 8-4096K FFT 4096MB ram. Insta-reboot. Try it again with in-place small FFT. Insta
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Auto Parts Store Selling More Oil Filters Now.. by goodtimes @ 17 minutes 31 seconds ago

I like to take the filters out of the box and look at them, but don't want to buy filters that other people have done that to. Maybe they spit in it. That is what's bad about walmart, the stock can be very abused in all depts, anything that isn't sea
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: calcium sulfonate quiz by OneEyeJack @ 19 minutes 45 seconds ago

Are you asking about overbased calcium sulfonate grease that is used as an indicator for calcium based additives. Tests I've seen using AISI 52100 steel discs demonstrated stable friction coefficients as low as 0.10 to 0.12. The results were obtained
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix 57202 filter: 9k miles over 3 years by Nyogtha @ 20 minutes 41 seconds ago

Good to know about the QS autopsies. Too bad their parts selector is pooched for my application (truck). It's probably why Menard's doesn't stock the QS2. A standard, reduced, and oversize filter (housing) should all have the same gasket dimensions.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Parliament Hill attacked, soldier shot by antiqueshell @ 22 minutes 19 seconds ago

stockrex is CORRECT! Folks here still don't "get it" the reason we have this terrorism is because of all the dirty deeds done by the US and other Western Governments in the past. It's called "blow back".
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Windows Scripting Tool? by JerryBob @ 24 minutes 49 seconds ago

Not sure about the colors, but look for the Ad-Block plugin for Firefox. It is the first thing I install on a new computer.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola Information by antiqueshell @ 27 minutes 22 seconds ago

As far as public panic is concerned it is too late to control that. The economy is going to take a huge hit if this gets even a bit more serious. I have heard lots of folks even seasoned travelers saying that they will NOT be taking planes. I thin
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Smart Thermostats by brandini @ 27 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JustinHI'm not sure if this would save me money. I set the thermostat for 75 degrees when i go to work, then set it for 71 when I come home. My highest bill for a 1100 sq foot home was $125 for electric, that was when it was 9
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: bad turbo pics by Clevy @ 29 minutes 9 seconds ago

Guys. That pic of the fluid cooler is for the tranny,not the engine oil. And he's got a fan that pumps air thru the radiator,so in reality it's kinda neat considering he had no room for the cooler up front. OP M1 0w-40 is a fantastic oil and ce
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge Syntec 0W-20, 0W-30 BC, 0W-40 GC by bobbydavro @ 31 minutes 56 seconds ago

I've posted so many times about GC, but you fail to have got the hint that I know quite a bit about it. GC is still the same no matter where made, the formulation/ reciepe is the same just its cooked in Belgium now rather then Germany. Belgium has
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do not drink now, wait... by andrewg @ 42 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andydFrom where I'm sitting typing this. I can reach down and pick up a jug of Carlo Rossi merlot. I'm working my way through this a half glass at a time to wash down my meds. I have found my 60s to be liberating. Realizing tha
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Took the Amsoil plunge today. by Clevy @ 42 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DucmanOriginally Posted By: ClevyOriginally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN Amsoil does nothing better that I can't get at Walmart for much cheaper with no shipping costs. IE Mobil-1 Extended Performance or Royal Purple. I change my
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: DI oil bypass filter by Clevy @ 49 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 6starprezMy Subaru has a timing chain and the longest I've gone and will ever go is 6K on the oil. I don't do extended OCI's or bypass filters. Just routine oil changes and a synthetic or synthetic blend filter. Why ar
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 and Mobil Super MIR ending 10/31/14 by Nickdfresh @ 51 minutes 34 seconds ago

Any updates where anyone has actually received a rebate check, or confirmation it's on its way?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Clean thick oil in throttle body?! by Clevy @ 54 minutes 28 seconds ago

Guys. His cars are fuel injected so it's not possible that anything added to the fuel is building up in the throttle body. I'm pretty sure it's the pcv valve sucking in vapourized oil and it's building up. Get a catch can. Problem solved. To clean
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >