Recent Topics
First topic... 1998 Acura RL with 158k miles
by GoStumpy
04/19/14 09:27 PM
Slide-Glide for Semi Auto's
by jcwit
04/19/14 09:11 PM
Chrysler SRT8 6.4 Hemi - Best Oil to Use ?
by Rodge
04/19/14 09:02 PM
Sump Pump - Improvements
by larryinnewyork
04/19/14 08:53 PM
Are there any "bad" oils anymore?
by Cooper
04/19/14 08:10 PM
1997 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2 OHV No Crank
by THE_TROTS
04/19/14 07:55 PM
Oil Selection by Process of Elimination
by hummdrumm
04/19/14 07:30 PM
Varnish Treatment
by Spetz
04/19/14 07:21 PM
Clutch shaft seal
by buck91
04/19/14 07:21 PM
Oils You'd Like To See In The Future
by Red91
04/19/14 06:55 PM
So, appraently both grades of GC/BC are Dexos 2
by tommygunn
04/19/14 06:26 PM
how to xchange 19" wheels for 17's Infiniti EX35
by Jasper8146
04/19/14 05:53 PM
Newest Members
MNbiker, Amercanzer0, BobCos, rdm101, pappa_georgia
49631 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (123Saab, 901Memphis, 01_celica_gt, 147_Grain, anonobomber, 6 invisible), 1564 Guests and 221 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49631 Members
64 Forums
212129 Topics
3324963 Posts

Max Online: 2605 @ 04/19/14 12:41 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Leaking fuel at pressure regulator - gm 3.1 v6 by 901Memphis @ 1 minute 51 seconds ago

Had to go to 2 different dealerships to get each hose since neither had both in stock. A little over $9 a piece.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: JB Weld or what for a pinhole seeping coolant? by Gokhan @ 3 minutes 37 seconds ago

Well, I did the J-B Weld repair. I Used the original J-B Weld, carefully mixed it 50/50, cleaned the area with CRC brake cleaner and shop towel, sanded with coarse (40-grit) emery sandpaper with J-grade backing, and then cleaned it again with CRC bra
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Chrysler SRT8 6.4 Hemi - Best Oil to Use ? by domer10 @ 4 minutes 36 seconds ago

Ouch ya those prices are steep.....ya stick with 3000 that will be just fine, just follow break in procedure, there will be no problem at all!
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Proposed (draft ) epa rules on the use of funnels. by Red91 @ 6 minutes 26 seconds ago

I see a future of people sticking up convenience stores with plastic funnels and coke bottles, and the proprietor will have a roll of Bounty under the counter to defend.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: cz-usa owners out there? by HiccaBurp @ 7 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BarkleymutIt is not my first handgun, but it is my favorite. Where did you get 20 round mags? I'm thinking about getting some Beretta fs92 mags and doing the dremel mod. Contacted someone from the Zastava factory. I'm of Serbi
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: So, appraently both grades of GC/BC are Dexos 2 by FetchFar @ 7 minutes 13 seconds ago

BC is Belgian Castrol 0w-30, BC is what the cool kids r callin it these days...
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Toyota Camry by SumpChump @ 8 minutes 56 seconds ago

Bones McCoy, "Dammit Jim, It's a Hyundai! Jim Kirk: "Kahn!!!!!!!!!!" Camry is a Hyundai pic by Motor Trend
Jump to new posts Re: First topic... 1998 Acura RL with 158k miles by Marco620 @ 10 minutes 31 seconds ago

Mobil 1 HM full syn w/ LM Mos2.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix/NAPA Gold vs Fram Ultra Synthetic (same price) by HTSS_TR @ 11 minutes 23 seconds ago

Why embarrass with Fram ? I'm currently having Fram PH2849A on my S2000, it is about 2" longer than OEM. No start up noise, no sign that the oil isn't filtered.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sump Pump - Improvements by morris @ 12 minutes 0 seconds ago

i found a easy way to make a water alarm. use a Fire Sentry smoke alarm. i9040, W/M. just wire the test points to a wire when water touches the two wires it goes off. i found this mod on the internet.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Am I flushing $$ by BlueOvalFitter @ 12 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Just put a another filter on at 7,000 miles. What else are you gonna spend your money on ? +1
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Scrub Oak Leaves; rake or mulch??? by MONKEYMAN @ 14 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mattwithcatsGet a bag of limestone next time your in a hardware store, (Lowes). It's just chalk, won't hurt you a bit... Years ago did soil tests. Lime was recommended for the lawn. Shortly after lime applied an acid loving
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: This makes me smile. by wirelessF @ 15 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dailydriverI will not even try to do this anymore with my engine, since it is almost impossible to keep water from getting under the intake, into the valley cover, and shorting/destroying the knock sensors/pigtail, just not wort
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Fluid Flush by 01_celica_gt @ 16 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2I'd just run a good quality dot 3 or 4. Dot 4 supposedly absorbs water slightly faster, but both dry and wet boiling temperatures are higher. So you may want to read the trades on using for 3 vs 4, then just pick one and
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Dsl extreme promo year up,so what's next? by daves66nova @ 23 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick RYou could get TWC internet in LA. 2/1 for $14.99/mo if you buy your own modem. Like $21 if you rent their modem. It's called everyday low price internet. That's a non-promotional price, so that $14.99 doesn't go up after
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Just how crazy, exactly by Shannow @ 27 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fdcg27We've grown from hunter gatherers not so many millenia back into creaures who've actually visited another world, albeit one quite close to us. Funny how our species being domesticated by a few types of grass gave us time
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Platinum 8150 miles Cruze 1.4 by edyvw @ 29 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Tucson Five-Oedyvw, I understand your preference for Euro A3 oils with HTHS 3.5 or greater. The tuning on these 1.4L turbos is actually pretty mild in factory form, geared more towards durability. The 138 HP generated is jus
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bypass Setting Question by Wilhelm_D @ 29 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixWhen the oil is cold, the oil pump may hit pressure relief at pretty a low RPM, whereas with hot oil the pump may not even hit pressure relief even at redline. I was involved in a study almost a quarter century ago invol
Jump to new posts Re: Oils You'd Like To See In The Future by Volv04Life @ 34 minutes 44 seconds ago

Hmmmmmmmm...
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: cut a few ...which one ya want to see first???... by Merkava_4 @ 39 minutes 31 seconds ago

I wanna see the Wix first.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Rotating Tires...cross vs straight front to back? by Wilhelm_D @ 41 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear... I totally agree with ....: "But the advantage of cross rotating is getting a tire to experience all the wheel positions. Each wheel position will have a different wear pattern and rotating a tire through all t
Jump to new posts Re: New Pennzoil Website Updates, TDSheets by Gokhan @ 42 minutes 50 seconds ago

I think oil makers, unlike BITOG posters, can't care less on making any oil that does anything but barely meet the specs. I also think that they vary their blends often according to what they have. Since in US, no less than 13% NOACK is needed, they
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Asus Nexus7 Tablet Users? by CBR.worm @ 49 minutes 41 seconds ago

I got the newer 7 inch Nexus when they first came out. I don't use it as much as the iPad, but it works very well and is a great form factor, fast and a good screen. I am not a fan of the Android Eco system, but the device works very well.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend a CPU cooler for me by Virtuoso @ 52 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLWith that kind of buying criteria I'd just pick up a cheap coolermaster in the appropriate socket config. Yep no need to over-think this one.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: New Lawn Mower Engine by steve20 @ 56 minutes 41 seconds ago

what do you use for a dipstick?
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 ... 27 28 >