by Merkava_4
05/29/15 04:07 AM
different size bottles not having the same spec
by moparguy19
05/29/15 02:12 AM
PERMA-TECH OIL STOP LEAK WILL RUIN SEALS & GASKETS
by yanis
05/29/15 12:52 AM
Any reason NOT to take low dose Aspirin?
by SumpChump
05/28/15 10:59 PM
residue on antifreeze cap
by ram_man
05/28/15 10:58 PM
Spark Plugs
by BlueOvalFitter
05/28/15 10:51 PM
50s Clinton 2hp Detergent or Non-Detergent SAE 30
by TriMoto
05/28/15 10:48 PM
50w in a 75-90 application
by Dirtracer_17
05/28/15 10:42 PM
Need 75w140 diff oil - 02' superduty with truetrac
by clydesdale
05/28/15 10:02 PM
A/C Lines Freezing Up, Clutch Burning Smell
by ChevyGuy3100
05/28/15 09:44 PM
Walmart valvoline coupons.
by Justin251
05/28/15 09:20 PM
Newest Members
aceauto, Kazya, Cycle009, Zonker, jahmes143
54143 Registered Users
Who's Online
65 registered (badtlc, Atesz792, A_Harman, aquariuscsm, alarmguy, 97f150, 8 invisible), 1053 Guests and 147 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54143 Members
66 Forums
232000 Topics
3719366 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Subaru Outback and filters by FutureDoc @ 4 seconds ago

Subaru has had a history of high oil movement (rather moving a LOT of volume), before the turbo crazy really hit the brand (in the US) too. I know the EJ22 was the same as the EJ25 and I think the EA engines were up there as well. The EJ22 never had
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Let it Ride?? Or change it? by BISCUT @ 4 minutes 39 seconds ago

I am going to run it a little longer....how much I just haven't figured out yet. 7500 and a UOA might be the route to go.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Any reason NOT to take low dose Aspirin? by Pop_Rivit @ 8 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SumpChumpI'm a lucky guy so far with no long term meds daily and "healthy". Well, probably need to loose 30lbs and eat even more hay or roughage or rocks. Guys like you should take pills to try to improve your healt
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lexus RC by whip @ 12 minutes 17 seconds ago

It's a good looking car, but I wish Lexus would go back to the better looking design of ten years ago. To me, they all look the same and blend in to a sea of cars. The IS and GS of ten years ago stood out and were instantly recognizable.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: C-4 Corvette by aquariuscsm @ 14 minutes 32 seconds ago

Here's exactly what mine looked like. Fast forward to 1:12 to hear what was known as "Betty". MUCH better than the Chrysler's man voice haha :^)
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: So, what the brightest ? by OtisBlkR1 @ 15 minutes 19 seconds ago

its in the 06 Mercury Milan with factory projectors, factory H11 bulbs. I just want a bright at least 1 year of service dependable bulb.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 50w in a 75-90 application by A_Harman @ 16 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eljefinoSmell both. The gear oil will have tons more stinky sulfur than 50w motor oil. Yes, the additive packages are very different between gear lube and engine oil. Gear lube reguires a lot of EP & antiwear capability.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Is it time? by whip @ 16 minutes 20 seconds ago

Jarlaxle previously said he and his wife discussed suicide pills in case they get harassed by the police. I can't imagine why he'd want more laws that would encourage the police to harass him. That being said, loud pipes do not save lives. If noise
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Hyundia Veloster Turbo, OEM requirements by demarpaint @ 19 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4It's interesting how Hyundai has no faith in 5W-20 to lubricate THEIR turbocharger. Let me fix it for you. LOL Maybe they feel other grades are better suited.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: cross reference please. by OtisBlkR1 @ 24 minutes 9 seconds ago

awesome response ! I stopped and chatted up my friend at Thompsons motorsports here in Terre Haute IN, he set me up with a Kawasaki genuine filter for $9 Lucas front diff gear oil (I don't like lucas oils) But for a 50 hour till the next interval il
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The Evolution of Vehicular Needs by Hokiefyd @ 24 minutes 39 seconds ago

Yeah, sorry to hear that. Even seeing the images of what's gone on in Texas, it's hard to really grasp the weight of it. I hope your home is okay.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Lint-Free Drying Towel ? by Char Baby @ 28 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ronboI use a California Water Blade then a micro fiber towel. Same here! I also use a separate microfiber towel to "spray detail" after drying!
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship between auto mfg. & oil companies? by FutureDoc @ 29 minutes 18 seconds ago

Keep in mind that it is often the oil company that is the more powerful of the two organizations. As far as this case, it is a doubled edged sword. Dexos is a money grab but some performance engines might produce conditions that exceed common moto
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Need 75w140 diff oil - 02' superduty with truetrac by aquariuscsm @ 29 minutes 48 seconds ago

It'd be a toss up with me,Amsoil or Redline 75W140.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 50s Clinton 2hp Detergent or Non-Detergent SAE 30 by Eddie @ 39 minutes 7 seconds ago

Definitely detergent and change the oil at reasonable intervals. ed
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tires opinion by CapriRacer @ 42 minutes 56 seconds ago

You need to be aware that Vibe's and Matrix's (or is that Matrices?) tend to chew up the inside shoulder of tires. That can be fixed by dialing out as much camber as possible and getting the toe exactly to the center of the range.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: General Altimax RT43-Made in the USA by Pokermatters @ 44 minutes 14 seconds ago

My General Altimax RT 43....195/70/14 .....were made in Brazil.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Michelin Defenders ? by CapriRacer @ 45 minutes 11 seconds ago

I suspect you have a toe in problem - not a huge one, but enough to cause wear issues. Also, I note you are driving the car under 10K per year. That's usually a sign that the car makes a lot of turns compared to how much it is driven in a straight
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: theory of x brand plug in certain makes by Eddie @ 46 minutes 28 seconds ago

After years of wrenching, I decided to put in the same model spark plug as came from the factory. My guess is the factory uses these plugs for all their testing. I've never had a spark plug issue since. Ed
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Men's fashion (?...) by Al @ 49 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: javacontourLL Bean Tall and Slim LL Bean Tall and Slightly Fitted I like LL Bean stuff
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spark Plugs by Falken @ 53 minutes 23 seconds ago

On my Honda Fit the change is a pain. First, the plugs from the dealer were over 100$ for the 4. So I started planning. Got them, after shipping and everything, for ~50$ a pack of 4 OEM NGK from Rock Auto. Ordered a few days ago the cowl clips for
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart valvoline coupons. by Ed_Flecko @ Today at 06:12 AM

How about this: https://www.google.com/#q=%22motor+oil%22+coupons Ed
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Would you have DRANK it? by demarpaint @ Today at 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: theKmanOriginally Posted By: OtisBlkR1how is this even questionable ? +1! +2 I wouldn't even think of it. I'd toss it and grab another bottle.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: World Cup 2014 by Pablo @ Today at 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: gfh77665FIFA corruption has reared its ugly head. 1) Ghana implicated in match fixing multiple times 2) Bosnia goal disallowed on an incredibly BOGUS off-side call, then the ref celebrates with the Nigerian players 3) Now, Ita
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: stanley 15 amp charger by topbliss @ Today at 05:47 AM

Every one of my cars(4 on float type maintainers) have batteries that last years beyond they designed life. 10-14 years is common Originally Posted By: wrcsixeightWhile it likely makes little difference to a rarely cycled starting battery, most a
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >