Today at 01:21 PM
2014 Subaru Forester or Legacy
by phenix78_99
Today at 01:15 PM
Newest Members
Mkurmve, l1tech, greyghost, banderso, ovidiu
51649 Registered Users
Who's Online
113 registered (2oldtommy, 2009Edge, -SyN-, 901Memphis, 123Saab, 2010_FX4, 16 invisible), 1866 Guests and 172 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51649 Members
64 Forums
221010 Topics
3493292 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: AMSOIL Friction Modifiers free oils by Ken2 @ 1 minute 0 seconds ago

About friction modifiers...they aren't all equal. Schaeffer has their #707 20W-50 motorcycle oil with the JASO MA-2 cert, and the data sheet lists two friction modifiers, Micron Moly® and Penetro®. The used oil analysis for Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 s
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Help me select my winter oil by SubLGT @ 1 minute 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: geeman789………….How about BUY SOME MORE 0w20... and sorry, but for what car... not really into looking up your engine codes...! Exactly!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New job needed, territory sales desired by LT4 Vette @ 1 minute 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Rudy1999 250why i am saying the Resume this is i know folks that have their buddies do their Resume and they are Accountants ...and not a professional Resume Writer Mine was 500 to do and i got interviews that i was not getting
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Menards - QS full synthetic by Nyogtha @ 2 minutes 29 seconds ago

I agree they probably wouldn't do something if it's not brought to their attention . . . You can check your rebate status via their web sites too. Quaker State http://www.shellrebatecenter.com/default.cfm Pennzoil http://www.shellrebatecenter.c
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Jetta TDI any better than yrs ago? by DuckRyder @ 4 minutes 40 seconds ago

I believe when you peruse TDI club you will find that the HPFP failures were earlier revisions of the pump, my 2012 has the third or fourth revision in it. Also this was not a VW exclusive issue - BMW and Ford also had Bosch HPFP issues if you peruse
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts coolant capacity 06 lacross 3.8 by lucerne06 @ 5 minutes 41 seconds ago

if I do a draina nd refill how much coolnat will I need to replace please inculde the overflow tank///thanks
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Concours 14 has crazy long oil change intervals ? by Ken2 @ 7 minutes 15 seconds ago

Suzuki in Europe is now specing 7500 mile oil drain intervals. I don't know what oil they require.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Super S Synthetic ATF? by Ken2 @ 9 minutes 37 seconds ago

False economy to put cheap ATF in an expensive transmission. Buy a good, solid brand, not necessarily a boutique brand, but maybe not the cheapest in town, either.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Seem like antique old school guy dont give a rat . by fdcg27 @ 11 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HerrStigOriginally Posted By: crwWhen I'm watching Chasing Classic Cars, and Wayne opens the hood of that Ferrarri he's been after, and I see two orange cans.... I say to myself, "No, can't be!" That's a factory spec
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple by badtlc @ 13 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisNo it should not turn brown that fast. It takes days not minutes. You most certainly got your RP stoles and bulk oil instead. I have seen speed shops dyno engines on RP multiple pulls and drain the RP and it
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Subaru Forester or Legacy by ronbo @ 14 minutes 30 seconds ago

Forester due to the easy of entry/exit with large driver door and vehicle windows have excellent visibility all the way around. Both are big pluses for me.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Need photo software by SrDriver @ 17 minutes 15 seconds ago

I use the free program called "The Gimp" Link To "The Gimp" web site. Powerful program for not only viewing but working with pictures too.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: The new Ram by SteveSRT8 @ 19 minutes 22 seconds ago

... 8HP70 transmissions are fully electronic, and can change their shift maps to meet current conditions; Ram has over 40 shift maps. The software uses engine torque gradients, kick down, longitudinal and lateral acceleration, hill detection, frictio
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Pop Star Round 2: Hatsune Miku in 'Murrica by OVERKILL @ 24 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andrewgOriginally Posted By: TravOriginally Posted By: Nick ROriginally Posted By: andrewgHard to fathom why anybody other than a child would want (or pay) to attend such silliness. You can continue to shake your cane at peo
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Touch-up paint thoughts? Mazda Velocity Red Mica by geeman789 @ 27 minutes 14 seconds ago

Look for an Autobody supply store. They can often mix a small can of touch up paint for a reasonable price... I just did that for my Midnight blue Honda, at a NAPA AUTOBODY because no one sold regular touch up paint in that color. ( everythi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to get liquid out of aerosol can by Merkava_4 @ 27 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418Because sparks and light oil are a fantastic combination... If you're worried about the aerosol propellent, that's usually all gone if you can't spray the oil out. I've cut several WD-40 cans open that way, but I e
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Finished Up My Oil Filter Cutter by kkreit01 @ 28 minutes 54 seconds ago

That looks excellent! I'm guessing that would be a very expensive cutter if you were to sell for a minor profit.
Jump to new posts Re: Need info on Bosch Batteries by tenderloin @ 37 minutes 5 seconds ago

I never had had any corrosion problems with the Bosch battery going waaaay back. Either they are different MFG or different specs. Exide does make AGM batteries as well.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use motor oil on my firearm by CT8 @ 37 minutes 10 seconds ago

It is only a gun yep. I have been using EWL Slip 2000 and EWL Slip 30.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Larger tires needed any Tire guys? by kkreit01 @ 37 minutes 58 seconds ago

It seriously has that small of tire on a regular Outlander? If you have the 4-banger, you will be sorry if you upsize that much. I would definitely stick with OE size, or maybe the next size up. Good luck finding someone to sell/mount them as well
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: HVAC Experts - Payback on Combustion Air Intake by bepperb @ 38 minutes 48 seconds ago

If your furnace exhausts into a white pvc pipe through the side of your house it's forced exhaust. You can't see the blower because it's inside the metal furnace chassis. When the thermostat calls for heat you can probably hear the blower come on 3
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Airbag recall now URGENT status by NHTSA by KGMtech @ 40 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NHGUYSeems the older something is,the better made it was.Unless I wanted to pitch a tent at the dealer's for all the recalls,I would never buy anything relatively "late model".Give me a solid body $800 car,and I can ma
Jump to new posts Re: New Ram by OVERKILL @ 41 minutes 17 seconds ago

The heat exchanger is probably to heat the ATF quickly using the engine coolant. That is a crazy looking tranny pan!
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Monster Jam downunder by bdcardinal @ 44 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowBig Bash/KFC (cricket competition down here) was supposed to be an Australian entrant, but was as American as they come, driver and all... There are some "monster trucks" that tour the fairs etc. but they are u
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts FS: Various Detailing Supplies by The Critic @ 45 minutes 54 seconds ago

1z Einszett Gummi Pflege – NEW Menzerna Powerlock Polymer Paint Sealant – 32oz – 90% left HD Speed AIO Cleaner Wax – 32 oz – 75% left HD Poxy Paint Sealant – 16 oz – 85% left C.A.R. Products Topper High-Gloss Spray Sealant – 80% left C.A.R. Products
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >