by Drew99GT
05/02/16 12:39 PM
Grease for Craftsman Snow Thrower
by GGorman04
05/02/16 11:19 AM
Napa syn $2.99 qt.
by pda1122
05/02/16 10:59 AM
Can you mix brands of DOT 4 brake fluid?
by enochian
05/02/16 10:50 AM
Newest Members
stydel311, jackadf, rlb4, apenland01, 2ManyMiles
57767 Registered Users
Who's Online
94 registered (94 saturn sl1 2000 saturn sc2, 97f150, aquariuscsm, 69GTX, 3800Series, ag_ghost, 9 invisible), 1860 Guests and 307 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57767 Members
66 Forums
248375 Topics
4061459 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: How reliable or unreliable are your vehicles? by cjcride @ 1 minute 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: oliveoil88 VW GTI, bought new and had a terrible piston slap at 2800-3500rpms. Only had 5000 miles on it. VW wouldn't fix it. That was the last VW I ever bought. Prior to that I had 8 VWs in a row. Bought a honda and never looke
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator Pureone media tearing still an issue? by jk_636 @ 4 minutes 17 seconds ago

I suppose the same could be said for those that deny all of the tear free filters I have posted here as heresy right? After 6 decades of driving and I assume maintaining vehicles you want proof that prolonging oil change intervals can lead to en
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Avalanche by 94 saturn sl1 2000 saturn sc2 @ 5 minutes 39 seconds ago

Just purchased a used 2002 Avalanche with 157,000 . In the morning it took 3 turns of the key before it would start and this condition persisted for 3 days . I figured fuel regulator , Fuel filter or Pump. I dumped 32 ounces of marvels mystery oil i
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Speeding Ticket today by DBMaster @ 6 minutes 6 seconds ago

These are options in Texas. If you took defensive driving for an insurance discount only, your course completion does not appear on your driving record and you can take it again to have the citation dismissed. You can obtain deferred adjudication w
Jump to new posts Re: The Snake Pit : Stripping a Late 80's Carburettor by Gokhan @ 10 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DuckedAbove not quite accurate. It'll start, but not run unless you keep blipping the accelerator. That's what it was doing before. What would cause this remission-then-relapse pattern? Probably a problem in the slow-speed circ
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: New WD Blue 2.5" hard drive beeps??? by JMJNet @ 11 minutes 50 seconds ago

Make sure that the hd connector is installed properly? Otherwise, the number of beep and the type of beep determined what is wrong with the computer.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Microgreen 301-1 by Nate1979 @ 14 minutes 1 second ago

^^^^ The reason that I want to see the ISO spec data is because the Ultra is actually very efficient in the same range as the bypass section of the MG: Fram Ultra 99.9% @ 20 microns and 80% at 5 microns (ISO 4548-12 multi-pass filter test) Microgree
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Japan taking over the motorcycle industry by CT8 @ 14 minutes 28 seconds ago

28 pages and still if I had a motorcycle it still would be better and yours and yours and yours. It would be faster and corner better.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: '96 Chrysler Sebring with 2.4 by Wampahoofus @ 15 minutes 0 seconds ago

96 model 2.4s had weak head gaskets from the factory (asbestos, I believe). Unless it has EXTREMELY little use, it's probably blown and been replaced with an updated MLS gasket already. Once it has an MLS gasket, the only thing to look out for is the
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker state Multi Vehicle ATF in a manual trans? by 69GTX @ 16 minutes 26 seconds ago

Multi-vehicle ATF's have been used successfully in manual transmissions for decades. I' not saying it's optimum. But many have lasted 150K-200K miles on the stuff.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Pirelli Cinturato Strada by Nick1994 @ 17 minutes 45 seconds ago

I don't know how they can improve the handling on the P7's. Those tires transform any car, they handle amazingly.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone remember "in living color" ? by car51 @ 22 minutes 31 seconds ago

Yes indeed it was one of my favorite shows
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MC FL-820S C&P Coming by BlueOvalFitter @ 22 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jk_636Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitterOriginally Posted By: threeputtparWhen I first read the post, I thought we were going to see a filter that went for a 41k mile FCI! Now I'm disappointed. Nice score for your son, though
Jump to new posts Re: which tq converter for my 408 stroker? by OVERKILL @ 25 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: tomcat27Originally Posted By: marc1Originally Posted By: tomcat27 the rear end (it took some crawling to get to the tag and alot of cleaner) is a 9" 3.00 ratio. Ok, good, simple. That is a highway ratio not a stop li
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendations for two vehicles / 0w20/5w30 by MisterBen @ 25 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BrocLunoChevron Supreme dino is as good as it gets in conventional oils. If you are going with anything up 7,500 miles, it's fine to use and easy to get. Utah gets cold in winter, so the 5W-30 (world spec) would be my choice -
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Bardahl by jk_636 @ 26 minutes 27 seconds ago

Anyone have any experience with any Bardahl products? I see they have an oil supplement (possibly similar to Tufoil?), a motor flush and a couple other things. Does anyone have a VOA for the oil supplement? Or perhaps information that compares the
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Old HONDA almost too good to be true in Wisconsin by fdcg27 @ 34 minutes 49 seconds ago

A lot of uninformed nonsense here about old Civics. We had a '76 Civic 1500 hatch and two '86 Civic Wagons. These were sticks, of course, as most small cars were at the time. Great cars all. Reliable and easy to fix when needed with zingy engines. Th
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by dwcopple @ 36 minutes 2 seconds ago

2011 Chrysler 200 Pentastar V6 28,889 miles In: 5 qts 5w30 Kendall GT-1 semi, 1 qt 5w20 Castrol Syntec Blend O'Reilly Microguard ML57526 filter
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A bit of tractor maintenance by cjcride @ 36 minutes 42 seconds ago

That's Nice!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Accident, no citation, insurance? by Nate1979 @ 37 minutes 7 seconds ago

According to some policies you are required to report all accidents to your insurance company regardless if they are going to pay or not. In the case that there is going to be a claim I would always report to my insurance company because they are th
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oiled air filters better? by jk_636 @ 38 minutes 57 seconds ago

I used a couple oiled filters as of late in my truck. One was Purolators blue and the other was Frams yellow one. They both seemed to be noticeably dirtier when compared to the non oiled counterparts when used for the same interval. So, the answer
Jump to new posts Re: Colourful Ethnic Starter Switch by cjcride @ 39 minutes 42 seconds ago

Nice Shots Roofless.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: rust on stainless steel pool rail and ladder by Hysilver @ 40 minutes 11 seconds ago

You need a silicon bronze pool ladder
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Meguiars Whole Car Air Re-fresher by SatinSilver @ 41 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: montero1What kind of friend would smoke in your car if you don't? Sounds like something a hot girl would do.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: looking for a good garden hose reel by JHZR2 @ 41 minutes 58 seconds ago

We bought a plastic hose mobile around 2006 from Home Depot. Still fine. Our more regularly used hoses get cooked on the ground in the warm weather and put away on hooks in the winter.
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >