Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Vortec 4.3l v6 oil recommendation
by gmgoodwrencher
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Newest Members
Thourun, Zach72, SandCastle, ymc226, redwoods73
51758 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (2009Edge, 2sld3kf2bt, Arctic388, AandPDan, 943kgt, 6 invisible), 1211 Guests and 144 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51758 Members
64 Forums
221449 Topics
3501990 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Light Bulb Cartel by Rolla07 @ 1 minute 5 seconds ago

Very interesting read.. thus the logic with the automotive silverstar bulbs etc.. I had some philips that barely lasted a year.. get them where it hurts.. find alternatives.. 9012 instead of 9006 etc.. Most consumers fall for the marketing.. but some
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: One Of The Worst Car Articles I've Ever Read by Smcatub @ 4 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: d00df00dYou know, this makes me wonder how often cars are deemed "unreliable" simply because they tended to be owned by ignorant, inattentive people... Completely agree that at least a few of those cars have no place
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Flag etiquette by NHHEMI @ 7 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LT4 VetteWhere is the picture ? Yeah, I would like to see the picture before commenting.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Storing Car in Storage Facility by Miller88 @ 8 minutes 43 seconds ago

What about putting it on jack stands? I know someone who does that so they don't flatspot the tires.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Philips 9012 in '05 Corolla? by Hollow @ 20 minutes 37 seconds ago

Amazon.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: My engine loves high oil pressure by zray @ 27 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: used_0il I'm glad someone else mentioned 90 psi on small block Fords, I chickened out. Some Cleveland owners are stretching the pump spring or shimming it to 100 psi......." I am in the longtime habit of driving my
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $10 rebate - Pennzoil Full Synthetic by Tundragod @ 30 minutes 48 seconds ago

Thanks. I was rejected once about a year or 2 ago when I took a picture of the receipt with my cell phone and submitted on line. I'm going to try snail mail this time.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Addition to the Family : 2015 Chrysler 200S by Benzadmiral @ 31 minutes 54 seconds ago

Verrrry sharp . . . How about pics of the interior? Can you get the car with a light-colored interior, like tan or light gray?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Accord Hybrid by Nebroch @ 35 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Cujet http://www.caranddriver.com/features/exp...ystem-tech-dept Looks like the engine drives the generator all the time. The engine can be connected to the wheels via a clutch, above 43MPH, but only at 1 ratio, there is no va
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: K&N Powersports Oil Filters by 943kgt @ 38 minutes 39 seconds ago

To a degree the distortion and glue isnt what bothers me. It is the potential for these loose shards to dislodge. So if they dont look "loose" i'd say you are OK. Correct me if i am wrong but the flow is from the outside in, with high press
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Proud of My Dad by GreeCguy @ 39 minutes 27 seconds ago

It reminds me of the story of two brick layers laying bricks at a Church. When asked what they were doing, one said "I'm laying bricks." The other said, "I'm building a Church!" Your Father sees the big picture and you have every
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 0w-40 OK for Winter in VQ35HR? by tig1 @ 41 minutes 13 seconds ago

If your engine calls for a 30wt oil then use M1 0-30. 0-30AFE will provide as good wear protection as 0-40.
Jump to new posts Re: new GM 4.3L V-6 by A_Harman @ 42 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonLooks like the 200 and 229 were odd fire, while the 4.3 was always even. Wikipedia Link I forget, do 60 degree V6's need balance shafts? * This new V6 is quite a step ahead, but it seems still a step behind. 285hp?
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by 2sld3kf2bt @ 45 minutes 13 seconds ago

2006 Toyota Sienna 100k miles, 5k OCI Out: Mobil 1 5w30 In: Mobil 1 5w30 Filter: Mobil 1 synthetic filter was installed at last oil change. It has 5k miles on it, it is good for at least another 5k miles, so this oil change was just a drain and
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Tin in UOA? by kyoo @ 46 minutes 52 seconds ago

Interesting, thanks for the input. I'll be continually keeping on eye on things. Just FYI for anyone who's unfamiliar, autox is ~40-60s runs from courses made of cones in parking lots. You don't typically go above 60mph. 83 runs (last oil) is about
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking For Economical Vehicle by IndyIan @ 51 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LT4 VetteI saw a Mirage on the road today, they are very small. A Civic coupe would be a better car. A Civic coupe is nearly 50% more expensive at 18,300 vs. 12,900. I'd rather have the Civic too, but if funds are tight, $6k
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking about a new 1.0L Ecoboost Fiesta by badtlc @ 55 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Tuffy1760The 1.0 is not available in a hatchback... corect... ?? if you are towing behind an RV... you are not using the backseat for nothing more than groceries... Sounds like a blast that could be very popular in the future..
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Mazda 6 oil filter by badtlc @ 58 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Clarence_IbaThere is a special filter for the Skyactiv, and the 7317 / 6607 isn't it. I'd use the OEM until the aftermarket manufacturers catch up. Wix already has one.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2nd uoa 2014 ford fiesta 1.0L ecoboost 14,367 mile by badtlc @ 59 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jimbrewerOriginally Posted By: badtlcIt does not come with an automatic option. Just more fuel for the fire about companies purposely shaving EPA numbers to sell more marked up automatics. When companies magically need to eek
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Elantra 1.8 by dlundblad @ Today at 07:36 AM

I bet our local dealer just uses bulk dino.. It says quaker state under the hood, but who knows. I wonder if they go with the sever or normal service OCI? I'm sure it can be done, but I'm still hesitant of going over 5000 miles on dino. I'm still s
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 VW GTI, one of the best under $30k? by supton @ Today at 07:32 AM

They might fare better with their different driving habits. They drive less miles per year and own cars for shorter periods of time.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Sausage by Shannow @ Today at 07:24 AM

I think it was invented (or copied) here before that. Local scout troup, when we had a functional cinema (long long time ago) would host a charity (scouts) movie night. They had a candy dispensing machine (chocolate coated peanuts and raisins), tha
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Battery Tester Lies? by Tegger @ Today at 07:24 AM

Try this first before you do anything else: Engine COLD, key OUT, engine OFF: 1) turn your headlights ON and wait ten minutes 2) turn the lights OFF again and wait 10 minutes 3) using an ordinary digital voltmeter (DVOM) set to VDC, touch the termin
Jump to new posts Re: Article about Cummins new V8 for the Titan by Shannow @ Today at 07:16 AM

My 2003 Nissan has an engine that was shared with Renault, I'm a bit wishy washy on where and what which bit was designed, but they share. Cummins has a factory in China, and I can buy a Foton Tunland 4x4 with Cummins diesel, ZF gearbox, and Dana di
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change or wait?? by zray @ Today at 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Rolla07I put a bottle of CRC gas additive (emissions formula with pea) in my gas tank a few days ago and filled up with gas. I have 3/4 of a tank left but was planning on changing the oil tomorrow M1 EP 0w20 & a TRD filter f
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >