Recent Topics
Beware of energy guide label inconsistencies; 2014
by JHZR2
08/30/14 11:14 PM
funny website
by friendly_jacek
08/30/14 10:43 PM
120K Mile 6G74 - Mobil 1 or Shell Ultra?
by Spetz
08/30/14 09:54 PM
My evening OCI tonight in photos
by volk06
08/30/14 09:22 PM
Push Mowers won't start/run--advice?
by lukejo
08/30/14 09:12 PM
1/4" Drive Cordless Electric Ratchet
by john_pifer
08/30/14 09:10 PM
A switch to SOPUS
by volk06
08/30/14 09:00 PM
Recycling scrap engine parts
by oilboy123
08/30/14 08:46 PM
Shower Diverter Valve Stem Replacement
by Finz
08/30/14 08:30 PM
Acer netbook won't boot from USB
by ClutchDisc
08/30/14 07:42 PM
Dexter and Masuka
by Phishin
08/30/14 07:35 PM
Walmart rollback
by mjk
08/30/14 06:52 PM
Newest Members
Trashman, massparanoia, Tdog02, Helliar, jrmitch
51147 Registered Users
Who's Online
75 registered (440Magnum, 901Memphis, 6starprez, Alaskanmont, 2010_FX4, anonobomber, 6 invisible), 1154 Guests and 185 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51147 Members
64 Forums
218553 Topics
3446213 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Additives
I was just about to start my own thread after seeing this video I'm curious... Skeptical, but curious Here's the MSDS. I'm not familiar enough with the ingredients to be able to say "here's what makes it tick" though http://www.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Beware of energy guide label inconsistencies; 2014 by JHZR2 @ 1 minute 16 seconds ago

Were shopping new refrigerators in August of 2014. I noted a wide discrepancy in the ratings of some refrigerators (Samsungs) from others. It turns out that there is a new EnergyGuide label (more black on yellow), and this relates back to new and
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart AC Delco oil filters. by barkingspider @ 4 minutes 21 seconds ago

Yah, the pf 52 is a good larger filter
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Where does the U.S. get its oil from? by 440Magnum @ 6 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacekThe unwashed masses thought Saudi was the number 1 source of import. It's the number 2. OK, what is the big deal? It doesn't change the fact US imported oil for a looong time. It's actually a distant #3 after dom
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: GM's 8L90 by 440Magnum @ 8 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Originally Posted By: CBR.wormOn the tundra, the transmission knows if you are going up/downhill and will pick a gear accordingly. If you are going down a long hill and touch the brake, it should downshift a gear or tw
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Synthetic cold flow vs conventional by Shannow @ 8 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GreasymechtechPour point is not useless. You do understand that the oil must return back to the pan when cold using gravity and not a mechanical pump. Where are the MRV and CCS reducing additives? Go to the bottom of the data
Jump to new posts Re: Just for fun / Best sounding car you ever owned by ThirdeYe @ 17 minutes 13 seconds ago

I enjoy the way my Firebird sounds, but honestly some of the best sounds are from Mustangs, Ferraris and Lambos, IMO. The F355 sounds heavenly.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: funny website by aquariuscsm @ 19 minutes 33 seconds ago

^^Those pics were awesome!!
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: New brakes - 2008 Silverado by Mackelroy @ 25 minutes 27 seconds ago

I had a 98 3/4ton and so did my friend, both our oem front brakes were shot by 25,000 miles. Is your truck standard shift? I have a Chevy Colorado standard shift, 126,000 miles still on original front brakes , the rears have been replaced a couple
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota WS + Lubegard platinum? by writes123 @ 26 minutes 28 seconds ago

Resurrecting an old thread. I've recently performed the 1st ATF service on my newly acquired 2005 Toyota Prius with 101k. Fluid had never been changed. Drained out the factory fill WS and put in fresh WS and Lubegard Platinum (4-5 oz) since 3.5 quar
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Acer netbook won't boot from USB by ClutchDisc @ 30 minutes 20 seconds ago

It was my USB drive I guess.. My other USB drive works. I reformatted the drive that isn't booting and I'm going to see if that makes a difference. Edit: Even after reformatting it's not working.. Oh well, my other USB drive works well. Thanks for
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: 1/4" Drive Cordless Electric Ratchet by john_pifer @ 32 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02I have an 18v Rigid cordless, but it is a standard pistol grip. That Milwaukee only has a peak torque of 30 ft lb, which seems a bit low. Depends on what you want to use it for. Most of the fasteners we work with are t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Drew99GT @ 32 minutes 2 seconds ago

Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Push Mowers won't start/run--advice? by lukejo @ 35 minutes 59 seconds ago

Great, thanks! I'll take it apart again tomorrow and see if I can tell anything different. Yes, I'm sure you're right about the ethanol. The bowl of the new mower was all corroded looking. I'll check Amazon for carb kits too I guess. These are both c
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Lead Carbon Batteries by JHZR2 @ 37 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: JHZR2It's from a lead consortium. Isn't every vested interest touting their own technology as the simplest, most correct answer ? Nope. I see the Li-ion guys who have actual engineering groups de
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I hate rust by JHZR2 @ 39 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Rust, what's that Lol. I rotated the tires on the Beetle today. Front brakes are original and 10 years old with 159k miles. Rear brakes are 3 years old with 53k miles. It's so nice not having corrosion here. It's ok sup
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru-Any good? by Ed_T @ 40 minutes 48 seconds ago

too much rust as they start ageing
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Beating Up A Snapper Push Mower by JHZR2 @ 40 minutes 58 seconds ago

New blade? Why not just sharpen and balance the old one?
Industrial- Other / Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil compressor oil. Bad fail! (Pictures) by MolaKule @ 44 minutes 57 seconds ago

I am sure it was blended properly. Like we said before, just warm it up shake it before installation.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart rollback by daves87rs @ 47 minutes 52 seconds ago

Goodbye thread.....
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: favorite OTC Carwash ? by AMC @ 49 minutes 18 seconds ago

Duragloss 901. Cleans very well, leaves a light shine to the paint, rinses off easy and smells like cherry kool aid. The overall best! Order it at Napa or Car Quest. Zymol is great too! Cleans well without being harsh, easy on the skin and wax, smel
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: My evening OCI tonight in photos by daves87rs @ 49 minutes 22 seconds ago

Cool pics.... And nice pup!
Jump to new posts Re: Recycling scrap engine parts by oilboy123 @ 49 minutes 37 seconds ago

Well I have the heads off...... I was going to pull the oil pan,crank, and pistons. This was a motor that died from sludge. Curious about what the bottom end looks like.
Jump to new posts Re: Why the auto repair industry gets a bad rep by Blkstanger @ 53 minutes 4 seconds ago

I can't stand dishonest shops. My Sister had a problem with her rear hatch not opening. The dealer quoted her $1300 to fix it. She called me and I steered her to an honest shop I know of. They fixed her car using factory parts for $300. My Sister was
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by kschachn @ 57 minutes 4 seconds ago

Nice backpedal. I like how you make claims as if you know something, and then when you are shown to be ignorant of the facts you say "whatever is in it". Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMANWhat ever is in it it's a whole lot quieter &
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >