by FordCapriDriver
06/25/16 03:11 AM
API CK-4
by JustPlainFolks
06/25/16 02:37 AM
Rotella T
by momo
06/25/16 01:51 AM
3,000 mile OCI/severe service/newspaper delivery?
by Aurora09
06/24/16 11:46 PM
move over esters...time for alkylated napthenes
by Shannow
06/24/16 10:46 PM
ear wax and ear plugs
by motor_oil_madman
06/24/16 09:26 PM
Discount Tire Direct 4th of July Sale
by sopususer
06/24/16 08:37 PM
What kind of oil drain plug gasket is this?
by Chris B.
06/24/16 07:36 PM
What kind of oil drain plug gasket is this?
by Chris B.
06/24/16 07:34 PM
First time changing oil what to use ?
by sshazam
06/24/16 07:13 PM
toshiba 720p 28" TV hdmi to thinkpad vga cable?
by bmwjohn
06/24/16 06:48 PM
Newest Members
accobra66, Diehl, Hotrodls1, Koloa, codeman021
58257 Registered Users
Who's Online
54 registered (Bandito440, AandPDan, Astro_Guy, andyd, 2010Civic, bbhero, 6 invisible), 1091 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58257 Members
66 Forums
250770 Topics
4110006 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Avoiding short trips like the plague by RF Overlord @ 1 minute 24 seconds ago

If you're concerned about short trips, just take it on a highway run once in a while.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: API CK-4 by TiredTrucker @ 9 minutes 57 seconds ago

Eventually CK-4 will replace CJ-4. All the oil companies should be releasing CK-4 versions after the 1st of the year.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: First time changing oil what to use ? by virginoil @ 16 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sshazamOriginally Posted By: virginoil What grade do you use in the PUP. 5w30 Shell Helix Ultra full syn 5w-30 HX8 is this not suitable ?
Jump to new posts Re: 3,000 mile OCI/severe service/newspaper delivery? by Vern_in_IL @ 17 minutes 51 seconds ago

Quote:. The oil is Kendall synthetic blend from Goodyear here in town.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Proof Cleaners Work? by Vikas @ 18 minutes 5 seconds ago

I posted few replies in another topic where I got the objective proof that the 3M cleaner I used was able to reduce the carbon from extremely clogged EGR passageway. Does this mean that it WILL clean the carbon off the piston top or from intake valv
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Discount Tire Direct 4th of July Sale by Sayjac @ 19 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Just so everyone is clear, Discount Tire and Discount Tire Direct are separate companies. Related to each other but separate. When you buy the tires from DTD, they don't show up in the system at DT. You have to print out
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: BIBLE STUDENT GONE? by jcwit @ 20 minutes 5 seconds ago

OH MY, we might offend someone! Pure PC in action! Back to the gun forms where a man can be a man!
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: move over esters...time for alkylated napthenes by demarpaint @ 28 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowJim, I'm thinking so...and some of the boutiques will be selling on old data rather than new. Same thinking here, it makes sense. The boutiques will be second in line to the latest technology. IMO they follow the leader
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Honda / Keihin fuel injectors - where to buy? by ChristianReske @ 29 minutes 13 seconds ago

Yes, i was thinking that for myself. I have answerd your PM. Thanks a lot!
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Lawn tractor tire tubes by Pop_Rivit @ 31 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Colt45wsYeah, it didn't fix it. I got home from my trip last month, parked in the garage and first thing I saw was it sitting on the left front wheel. I was not amused. I mowed yesterday and it was almost flat by the time I fini
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Quick Lubes Using Little Filters by Sayjac @ 40 minutes 30 seconds ago

As correction to last sentence on previous post, should read, where shorty '4967' was spec'd.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What stores still carry quality US-made fuel hose? by rooflessVW @ 42 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TravI buy all my FI hose from NAPA, its all USA made top quality stuff. Same here. I actually get most rubber parts from NAPA. Belts, hoses, etc.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: ear wax and ear plugs by HighViscosity @ 46 minutes 24 seconds ago

After playing with a new bore scope at home, and checking out my ear drums (I always clean my ears with q-tips after a shower) I was grossed to see wax clumps around my ear drum. I went to walgreens and all the ear cleaning solution had the same ing
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Rock Auto Carquest Oil Filters by Sayjac @ 47 minutes 23 seconds ago

I'm assuming these were listed under the generic RA "Ultra Power" category? If so, seems you did well with the dice roll. Others posting here have not been so fortunate in my observation. Good score. Still wondering if the CQ brand has c
Jump to new posts Re: What kind of oil drain plug gasket is this? by Charlie1935 @ Today at 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Superflopthe plug that was shown above is the stock plug on newer chevies. If your going to buy one, buy two instead and put it somewhere safe. Two Chevies or drain plugs?
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella T by mooferz @ Today at 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: momo5w30 or 15w40? Either would be acceptable, but as you're in Canada, I'd probably go with the 5w-40* for better cold cranking. (*I assume you mean 5w-40, Not aware of a 5w-30 Rotella oil- their 10w-30 would be fine though)
Other Filters (hydraulic, steering, etc)
Originally Posted By: clalujaNapa and Advanced Auto don't carry biocide, at least around me. I get Biobor (a type of biocide) at marina stores or online. Also, note that when you first use a biocide it tends to break loose some hunks of bio mass so
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why doesn't Acura SUV have a twin-turbo? by Olas @ Today at 05:20 AM

Originally Posted By: OlasThe new NSX is twin turbo Sorry, I didn't see the "SUV" part...
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: toshiba 720p 28" TV hdmi to thinkpad vga cable? by madRiver @ Today at 05:14 AM

If you use this "monitor" for text /normal computer use it will be lacking and hard to read especially with vga. If it is to extend your display and watch media it will work. Text is very difficult for a tv To display well.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Big dip today by Pablo @ Today at 05:12 AM

AHH,CCI, EPR, O Not for the feint of heart: PPL and MPC over sold, perhaps. Have a look.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge 10W-30 in Australia by virginoil @ Today at 05:10 AM

The Castrol 5w-30 stop-start Full Synthetic is on sale at $33.65 for 5L at Supercheap Auto approx $18 off regular price.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Baking cookies in Phoenix - in the car by Jetronic @ Today at 04:51 AM

that's crazy, unless you're in death valley! In the current car I haven't seen more than 15F over ambient.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: UK Looks to be leaving the EU by Nebroch @ Today at 04:21 AM

The problem isn't the Brexit itself. It's just a signal of the mess in Europe. People have had enough of endless recession, uncontrolled immigration from third world etc. in many EU countries. EU area has one quarter of global GDP, so it can and shou
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: It is HOT by 285south @ Today at 03:39 AM

Death Valley http://i.imgur.com/r4cRy8c.jpg
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Any UOAs from an OCI with a filter tear? by Shannow @ Today at 03:04 AM

Yonks ago, we could never get the turbine bypass hydraulics system down to the requirements of the system manufacturer...the control system had a vibrating coil and a 0.001" orifice, blockage of which would be seriously problemaatic. We ended u
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >