by motor_oil_madman
05/30/16 08:33 PM
Done with Sandisk USB Sticks
by JHZR2
05/30/16 08:20 PM
Pineapple Margaritas
by sleddriver
05/30/16 08:12 PM
Replacing Drywall In The Bathroom (Insulation)
by Warstud
05/30/16 07:56 PM
351W build with a flat tappet
by ssregal39
05/30/16 07:30 PM
Fuel injector cleaner that will run the engine?
by Red00Jetta
05/30/16 07:12 PM
Car's models of 1990 and now
by HTSS_TR
05/30/16 07:02 PM
Another dealer oil change story
by mclasser
05/30/16 06:36 PM
Newest Members
ph9, Kurt34556, Skullzaflare, Jakes_Lawn, Aarrghhh
58031 Registered Users
Who's Online
40 registered (CKN, andrewp1998, chrisri, clinebarger, bdcardinal, Abakev, 9 invisible), 751 Guests and 314 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58031 Members
66 Forums
249616 Topics
4086797 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Another dealer oil change story by Rendezvous @ 1 minute 40 seconds ago

I don't think a dealer makes much on an oil change so they are usually rushed to get the car in and out. They most likely don't drain all the old oil out before refilling with new stuff.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The morality of riding a bike married with kids by Silk @ 9 minutes 3 seconds ago

You can't have a mortgage without life insurance here....although I've spent many years on a bike with family while renting.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Another should I change my oil thread by gathermewool @ 9 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanchA long trip is easy on oil and changing it right before you leave can expose you to any number of issues. I'd just top it off and do it when you get back. 700 miles is just a weekend trip to the in-laws in my neck of
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: How long is sealed coolant good for? by andrewp1998 @ 10 minutes 16 seconds ago

What is the shelf life of sealed antifreeze. I have a old jug , maybe at least 6 yrs old
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: beef short ribs by mjoekingz28 @ 14 minutes 16 seconds ago

Good luck, it seems many restaurants use the other kind of meat for their house ribs. I pretty much gave up looking, but thanks for heads-up on the possibility of DIY in the kitchen!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MicroGreen filter at 8,114 miles by goodtimes @ 20 minutes 48 seconds ago

On mine, the only way it can open is if the element moves up with oil pressure. Which is does for sure, with that big coil spring, but then the seat of the ADBV would move up and oil would bypass. It may move up just a tiny amount to get enough oil f
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Electrical shock at the grocery store by dishdude @ 23 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Originally Posted By: dishdudeNo, but every time I go to the Safeway on Camelback it seems the wheels lock up as soon as I push the cart in to the store. Just like the roads on Camelback, I try to avoid it. The traffic o
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Sears has a pretty stupid tire sale going on now by mjoekingz28 @ 31 minutes 8 seconds ago

I wish the tire industry wouldn't push the tire change = alignment. Just have the tech perform a visual on the 1,2,3, or 4 tires getting changed and show the driver the findings (if there are any).
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 351W build with a flat tappet by FordCapriDriver @ 34 minutes 56 seconds ago

so stock clearances? in that case VR1 10w30 or any 5w40 or 15w40 HDEO of your choice
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: walking thru a Harbor Freight is better than sex by ryanschillinger @ 38 minutes 36 seconds ago

I am a big fan of HF. I'm no pro mechanic, so it's nice being able to afford tools that would otherwise never see the inside of my garage. Some stuff there isn't any good, of course. A lot of real great deals though.
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Central Mississippi automotive goods by mjoekingz28 @ 41 minutes 23 seconds ago

I may have some home audio equipment for no charge tomorrow. Quite decent quality stuff!
Jump to new posts Re: Got into an accident. by ryanschillinger @ 46 minutes 36 seconds ago

I'm lost on the license plate, but definitely pursue a diminished value claim with this situation. The resale will be much lower with these repairs. A quarter replacement is structural repair. Sorry this happened, and glad no injuries, but that re
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Fuel injector cleaner that will run the engine? by gathermewool @ 47 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Red00JettaNo need to be a [censored] about it. Maybe I don't have the money to buy that expensive cleaner. Ever think of that Mr BMW? Maybe I don't know chemistry, but the next time you fly think of me. Because I [censored] sure
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fugly MGL57082 Ecotec cartridge by camrydriver111 @ 52 minutes 51 seconds ago

Any tears? My Mann filter got crushed once after a very cold winter. I feel like driving conditions might play a role.
Other Filters (hydraulic, steering, etc)
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 6.7L Powerstroke Fuel Filter Change by A310 @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSDOriginally Posted By: A310 Have you considered a 20 micron water separator from Donaldson? I'll be installing one of these on my 6.4 ltr soon. I'm coming up for my first fuel filter change, so I'll know what condition
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diagnosing HEI ignition module and ignition system by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

You probably need a new pickup coil.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone paint their rusty calipers? by ryanschillinger @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

I like the "aluminum" color on calipers and stuff.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The 17 year cicada is here. (locust) PIC HEAVY. by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: dailydriverIs that a mud duaber wasp that green anole is munching on? It looks like it doesn't it ? I'm not sure.
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Used Purolator A14650 Pics by mjoekingz28 @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: rroundsWithout one of these you will never know when its time to change the filter before the restriction is to high. http://www.amazon.com/WIX-Filters-24801-Filter-Service/dp/B0014BI1KA ROD Or you can use the owner's manu
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: is my extension cord bad? by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

They thing probably pulls the same amps as a worm drive SkilSaw. You need 12Ga at 50ft minimum. At 100ft, you gotta go up to 10Ga.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: High SAPS & DPF Re-Gen by userfriendly @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

I know a farm supply that carries that oil, meets CJ-4 and is much cheaper than Amsoil. I thought it was called Blue, just like the big ox. I'm gonna pick up tires 'n oil on my next Alberta swing, before what's her name discovers sales tax and raise
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: snapper blade control is stiff by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

TRI-FLOW DRY. Lube both ends of the cable where it enters the sheath.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best filter out of these? by Vlad_the_Russian @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr NiceFram Ultra. Do 3 oci's for 20K miles. ...each oci...
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Need a good tire pressure guage that read over 60 by mjoekingz28 @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Good advice is my advice. I have three. One from sears- looks like a regular pencil that reads to 75psi. A heavy one from the hardware store that reads to 120psi. And I recently entered the digital era with one from 5-99psi from our lumberyard.
Jump to new posts Re: Water decarbonization, does it work? by FordCapriDriver @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

True
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >