09/02/15 07:53 AM
Reputable warranty company?
by montero1
09/02/15 07:00 AM
Newest Members
Lutzy, Pine_Marten, nytefog, mbacfp, stevewnbrg
55236 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (4wheeldog, aquariuscsm, 97K15004WD, Al, Andrei, Alfred_B, 9 invisible), 1687 Guests and 118 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55236 Members
66 Forums
236815 Topics
3816514 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Additive Question by MolaKule @ 6 seconds ago

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/22/1/Heavy_Duty_Engine_Oil_(HDEO)_- This Forum is for Penetrating Oils and such.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5W30 vs 5W40 in a GM car by clarkz71 @ 1 minute 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete Although, they also require that an oil meets the 229.5 spec (for gasoline engines), which limits the viscosity grades that you can use. You won't find any Xw-50 or Xw-60, or 10w-XX, or 15w-XX, or 20W-XX oils on th
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Shell V-power nitro plus by badtlc @ 3 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: jk_636It is worth the 30c a gallon because it actually does contain more fuel additives than other manufacturers, it does burn more efficiently and as such it actually does increase fuel mileage and
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: '98 Toyota Tacoma, 3.4L V6, 80k, What to Look For? by mcrn @ 3 minutes 58 seconds ago

Cooling system flush? Or do that with the timing belt and water pump?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Scotty Kilmer on oil changes by Pontual @ 4 minutes 53 seconds ago

Paid propaganda, since in older video he said "I use Castrol GTX"...
Jump to new posts Re: Another Oil Recommendation by CELICA_XX @ 5 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: freshcopedawgMy first GM product... Originally Posted By: freshcopedawgit's been a good vehicle so far besides the annoying half dozen recalls it's had. From reading a lot of horror stories about this engine I've always been
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge Titanium 0W40 5076 miles 2015 Audi A4 by badtlc @ 7 minutes 11 seconds ago

Are the internals Castrol Yellow stained yet?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Dex-VI vs Amsoil SS ATF 4L60-E by MolaKule @ 7 minutes 25 seconds ago

Because the ATL has the same viscosity as the DexronVI and other Low Viscosity (LV) ATFs.
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Tacoma V6, 2.5K, Amsoil Signature 5W-30 by badtlc @ 8 minutes 58 seconds ago

forget TBN/TAN. If you are serious about tracking the oil condition, you need to start with virgin nitration, oxidation, sulfation, viscosity, flashpoint measurements. Those are the important ones to monitor for oil condition.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: New STP XL extended life filters spotted @Autozone by SilverC6 @ 9 minutes 5 seconds ago

Your FRAM posts remind of the line in Idiocracy..... "Brought to you by Carl's Jr."
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gas prices by Al @ 9 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rshaw125$1.98 Costco this morning. No complaints. Thanks oil companies. Why aren't the evil traders/speculators driving the prices up??? Hoping Grampi answers that question.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Organic Fuel, 26g protein.. by 4wheeldog @ 12 minutes 1 second ago

I drink water.....A lot of water.....Maybe a gallon a day. I live where is very dry. And coffee. About 24 oz of coffee every morning. Strong and black. Simple. And maybe a dozen beers a year. Oh, and maybe 6 oz of whiskey a year as well....
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: torn purolater wrecked my motor? by SilverC6 @ 14 minutes 18 seconds ago

To attribute that kind of engine damage to an oil filter is delusional. Better to understand that now rather than the OP spend money and effort down a bad path. Hypothetically, had the offending filter been a FRAM, I wonder just how thoughtful and
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Internet TV options by Quattro Pete @ 16 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwerComcast has suspended their data cap. It's been that way for at least the past three years I have been with them. It is market specific. Here is the latest on their usage cap saga.... http://www.dslreports.com/show
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: clean and grease snowblower axles? by jeepman3071 @ 19 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LubenerOriginally Posted By: jeepman3071I use anti-seize on the axle shafts. Seems to work pretty well. Anti seize is not a good lubricant. It was never meant for that type of service.I second the use of a waterproof marine g
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 2AZ-FE oil burn by cptbarkey @ 19 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: si_jeffJust bumping this thread when I searched. I maintain a 2008 scion XB that my sister drives. 2azfe eninge, It now has 120k miles, its been consuming oil, brought it to toyota for their tsb goodwill posted on most toyota fo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: World Economic Collapse is imminent by Vuflanovsky @ 20 minutes 4 seconds ago

Unfortunately, it'd not a good time for anyone including those who don't have money to invest on a regular basis. Many retirees have needed ( and will continue to need ) a certain percentage in stocks to keep their IRAs and bank accounts afloat. How
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Kmart Super S 5qts $7.99, 1qt $1.69 thru Sep 5 by em27blacktop @ 23 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: thorromigSorry em27blacktop -- but that is where I got my 4 5quart jugs in Shillington. They did not have it marked down but it rang up correctly!! Soooo....you're the reason there is no god [censored] jugs of 5w-30 left huh.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Make a cheap 4wheeler for kids by madRiver @ 23 minutes 42 seconds ago

I grew up visiting my grandparents farm summers in NH that bordered Maine where I had a good friend who's father did such things like these fast tractors. The progression was incredible, at age 13 his dad got a few field beaters(Citation and Chevett
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dog Bite by JOD @ 24 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AZjeffThanks to the 2 previous posters for your reasoned, thoughtful replies. Your pit bull stories are undoubtedly similar to countless thousands of others that we'll never hear a word about. Unfortunately, it seems some small
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Fog Light Bulbs by John_Conrad @ 25 minutes 22 seconds ago

any one try these or have any feed back on them? http://www.amazon.com/Kingfansion-Lamp-L...eywords=h1+bulb
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Sportsters get a Suspension Upgrade. by DuckRyder @ 32 minutes 21 seconds ago

Yep, I was watching the technical briefing last night, all sportsters save the 1200t get the "new" shocks and cartridge forks. I understand the rear shocks as the 1200t has special shocks already. I guess I need to review it again since it
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: allowing vehicle to warm up by TFB1 @ 33 minutes 28 seconds ago

If it's hot I'll maybe start and go but if it been parked in sun I'm just as likely going to allow a couple minutes of cooling by heading for shade tree out back... In winter it's all about my comfort, they'll run till making heat... Could give a rat
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Honda Civic 1.8L 4900 Miles 0W20 Mobil1 EP by Astro_Guy @ 35 minutes 40 seconds ago

Gotta click the UOA link. cSt Viscosity @ 100C was 6.81 vs. somewhere in the mid 8 range from other posted UOAs. This car does not burn oil.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation by donnyj08 @ 55 minutes 42 seconds ago

Run the Kendall 5w20 since you can get a good deal on it. It's a great oil.
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >