08/27/16 05:35 PM
Help with Oil Analysis
by Enotoga
08/27/16 05:30 PM
Newest Members
Safetyfirst, rwood, USARMOR, GV00, anhwp1
58942 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (4WD, 1JZ_E46, A1O, 69GTX, ag_ghost, 3800Series, 5 invisible), 1417 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58942 Members
66 Forums
253648 Topics
4163945 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Windows 10 won't stay asleep by gojoneeded @ 1 minute 1 second ago

The network port can turn on a computer that is off, I am sure that it would in sleep mode too. Techies use this feature to boot to the network, we call it pixie boot. You can turn this feature off in the network properties and probably in the BIOS t
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Best alternative to FL500S by buck91 @ 2 minutes 43 seconds ago

So, we now have two family vehicles which are spec'd for the FL500S. I have been running mostly motorcraft, and ONLY motorcraft, Napa Gold or Wix on my Fords for many years now with MANY miles on the FL820S and a good number on the FL500S. The 500
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: New router? by Quattro Pete @ 5 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: gojoneededI would try installing the latest firmware from Asus. You could also try the DD-WRT firmware, it will make a world of difference if you don't brick it. I've been running Tomato firmware on it since the day I bought it,
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Oil Analysis by Marco620 @ 5 minutes 10 seconds ago

I was kinda wondering if he got a drum of used oil?
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Accord 2.4L 6MT - 11K OCI - M1 AFE OW-20 by oily boyd @ 7 minutes 10 seconds ago

Nah, I'll just follow the maintenance minder, keeps everything simple for me. I change the oil when minder hits between 5 - 15% oil life left. I've also changed the filter every time but looks like Hondas recommendation to change filter every other
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on turning rotors by Falken @ 7 minutes 14 seconds ago

I just picked up two new rotors for the front of my car to have my standby brake job parts. They were $19.99 each, opened the box and they looked great. Got some Bendix pads (CQ that I currently have on now) for $35 off Amazon.ca. Messing with rot
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Any one have info on a .357 rifle? by Marco620 @ 7 minutes 40 seconds ago

Big rifle,wow. Seen a Henry Lever in 45-70 Govt. I could take out a moose,a bear,or your shoulder with that. Good ol snot slinger with that recoil.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Another Cool Pawn Shop Find!! by nwjones18 @ 8 minutes 21 seconds ago

Nice find! I'm a sucker for old mossberg .22's myself. None of my .22's that old have S/N's.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Windows 7 Update on Fresh Reinstallation by gojoneeded @ 8 minutes 56 seconds ago

I would make sure the install is activated and the time is correct.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by Marco620 @ 10 minutes 33 seconds ago

No inspections in the Republic of Kansas. I think in misery ugh I mean Missouri there is. I do miss the KS/MO rivalry in NCAA sports.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Renewable energy isn't that expensive by Shannow @ 18 minutes 11 seconds ago

OK, here's what the Australian Energy Market Operator's modelling shows... https://www.environment.gov.au/climate-change/publications/aemo-modelling-outcomes Quote:This study considers two scenarios with differing views about how quickly renewable
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Carlson Slide Pins by buck91 @ 22 minutes 1 second ago

I've used all types of parts store brand caliper pins. Living in Michigan, usually the weather takes a toll on the grease before the pin itself could go bad on its own. Since switching to silicone grease (been using Motorcraft XG3A but will be chan
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Round holes AND louvers! Oh the humanity! by mjoekingz28 @ 22 minutes 13 seconds ago

Good point Eddie!
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: How long do you let your oil drain? by kohnen @ 24 minutes 1 second ago

I just remove the oil drain plug, let it drain overnight into a pan, remove the oil filter and then I drive the car normally for a week or so. By this time, the sump is good and empty. Then, I put a new filter on, replace the drain plug, and fill it
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram PH3600 Orange Can Cut and Post by 3800Series @ 25 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DerbyDave$3.77 for a major brand filter with 95% efficiency at 20 microns is a pretty good deal in my book. Agreed, its not like your replacing them monthly either. $4 2-3 times a year isn't going to break anyone's wallet. Sa
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a super economical car, accent ? by SatinSilver @ 25 minutes 59 seconds ago

In that case a Cobalt or a Focus up to 2011.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: U joints by dlundblad @ 27 minutes 16 seconds ago

Upon further investigation, I feel it may be a carrier bearing. The gear oil (M1 75w-140) has about 80k on it, but I doubt a change would quiet anything up. Normally I wouldn't neglect like this, but I have a set of vari-loc (Dana hydraloc'd) axle
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: MPV 7100 Hybrid Mower by Vern_in_IL @ 29 minutes 4 seconds ago

Oh man, are those electric motors on the deck? Direct drive? HOLY MOLY, bend a spindle and I cannot imagine the cost.
Jump to new posts Re: MS5K vs Super Tech by 3800Series @ 29 minutes 59 seconds ago

I would go with Mobil Super 5k as well. Supertech sources their oil from good manufacturer's but Mobil makes great oil and even tho its on their cheaper side I don't think they would skimp out on it. They have a good name in the oil market and I doub
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake failure question by Ducked @ 33 minutes 55 seconds ago

Snag with being told a car is a "money hole" is you feel obliged to spend money on it. I just spent 1200NT (about 38 USD total, not itemised) on a radiator hose (which I may never fit since my improvisation is holding so far) and a couple
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: STP S-10590 6,000 miles CUT OPEN by car51 @ 44 minutes 10 seconds ago

Good to hear
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by Shannow @ 44 minutes 26 seconds ago

Not sure on the logic of lower truck speed limits leading to less mobile road blocks...just slower ones. Speed limiters were installed in OZ, and as a result the road blocks were more frustrating, as they had zero ability to get out of their own way
Jump to new posts Re: I love how people can't afford an oil change... by B320i @ 46 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hpbwhat you're suggesting is the first owner should keep on top of maintenance, fit top quality tyres before they trade the vehicle in, have their mechanic take care of every little worn item, etc. just so the next owner doesn't
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is business model of UBER ride-hailing co. ? by CKN @ 46 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackIf you are a Uber driver and have an accident the whole deal is on you. Uber specifically says they have nothing to do with your problem and that included the victim/passenger, you are a contractor. If there's a proble
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Blains Farm & Fleet 8/25-9/4 $.99 synthetic by bruckus @ 48 minutes 51 seconds ago

Picked up 12 qts of Citgo last night and another 12 today for my son today. Different address.
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >