by ExMachina
07/29/15 02:26 PM
328 BMW front right wheel noise question
by Pesca
07/29/15 02:19 PM
OEM Corolla drive shafts, Toyota vs Saginaw
by PandaBear
07/29/15 02:18 PM
Difference between 4 stroke oil and car oil?
by stchman
07/29/15 01:59 PM
Napa synthetic 15W50 vs Synpower 20W50
by aquariuscsm
07/29/15 01:25 PM
VWB: $3.99 at Autozone
by car51
07/29/15 01:14 PM
2014 Focus ST PP 5w-30 5k mi
by quantim0
07/29/15 01:08 PM
My 20ish year old shingles, have a look, thoughts?
by SumpChump
07/29/15 01:07 PM
Oil Recommendation For Short Tripper ?
by ChrisD46
07/29/15 12:54 PM
Subaru japan
by VNTS
07/29/15 12:35 PM
Fram Ultra XG2 17,475 Miles |11 Months [Cut Open]
by 2010_FX4
07/29/15 12:22 PM
Squeaking under light braking
by Swift101
07/29/15 12:13 PM
Newest Members
thebradens3, DeGoose, gamezer, Turtleboy, Scast
54870 Registered Users
Who's Online
116 registered (1983zsled, 2010_FX4, adamrc, 3800Series, ABerns, AirgunSavant, 13 invisible), 1835 Guests and 103 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54870 Members
66 Forums
235057 Topics
3781087 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Engines in hybrid vehicles should last longer simply because they're not running 100% of the time the vehicle is being used. This equates to far less wear.
Jump to new posts Re: vanline refuses to relocate my stash by raytseng @ 39 seconds ago

As someone who likes to keep things on the up and up; I secretly wish that if you happen to pull shenanigans as suggested above, your oil leaks during the trip and gets all over all your stuff.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: An American Dentist Killed Zimbabwe’s Famous Lion by turtlevette @ 2 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Joel_MDOriginally Posted By: turtlevetteThat's some serious boot licking going on there. Calling a dentist a doctor. Do you live in a place where one can be a dentist without a doctorate in dental science? In Minnesota you ne
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation For Short Tripper ? by ExMachina @ 4 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bud_OnePersonally I'd use Havoline Conventional or PYB and go by the OLM. You're right the OLM is excellent in GM models. It counts engine revs, and penalizes cold engine revs very heavily to account for short tripping, very
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Fiat/Chrysler to buy back pickups by Nate1979 @ 4 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: lovcomWhen has Chrysler EVER provide SUSTAINED quality vehicles? It. Never. Happened. Chyrsler products nearly half of ConsumerReport's list of vehicles to AVOID. It amazes me that seemingly smart people still buy these piles
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: HTHSv and xw30 vs xw40 choice by edyvw @ 5 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: chrisriIt really is a good little van. When I'm careful enough it consume under 5L/100 km on open road. I didn't change bearings on axle when it first started knocking so shafts did get some wear, but usually it isn't loaded so
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Moving from Missouri to Florida next month. by aquariuscsm @ 6 minutes 47 seconds ago

Isn't Sarasota a VERY high end area of Florida? Wonder how expensive it is to live there?
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Difference between 4 stroke oil and car oil? by Whimsey @ 8 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: stchmanIs there a difference between 4 stroke small engine oil and say automotive oil? I simply use 10W-30 in my small engine lawnmower, but would 4 stroke small engine oil actually do a better job? Thanks. What I've seen on
Jump to new posts Re: best used diesel pickups by Srt20 @ 10 minutes 40 seconds ago

No way in the world any Ford diesel after 03 should be on that list. Sure there are some that were ok, but none are know for reliability, power, and mpg. The new 6.7 PS might end up being ok, but it hasn't proven itself yet. And I doubt it ever wil
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Squeaking under light braking by Swift101 @ 11 minutes 7 seconds ago

Yeah there was a burning smell but it was due to me applying the brakes for extended periods of time. The road down from the summit is pretty steep at time. Even in low gear I had to use the brakes because I started exceeding 25 mph and 5K RPM. If a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: My 20ish year old shingles, have a look, thoughts? by Wolf359 @ 12 minutes 55 seconds ago

Are you getting it done through their preferred contractors? They have a better warranty if you go through them. http://www.owenscorning.com/roofing/warranty-101/
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: dell mini 9... what do to with by cjcride @ 13 minutes 7 seconds ago

Most phone screens are to small for older eyes.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OEM Corolla drive shafts, Toyota vs Saginaw by cptbarkey @ 13 minutes 9 seconds ago

50 bucks on rock auto, enjoy.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Honda 21" commercial mower by bubbatime @ 15 minutes 10 seconds ago

Here is a parts diagram of an engine similiar to yours. First things first, you recently changed the oil. If you put synthetic in it, change it out and go back to SAE30 conventional oil. Your engine most likely has a LOT of hours on it, probab
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Colorado/Canyon diesel news release. by A_Harman @ 16 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: millerbl00Buy one and let us know how it turns out.... Never mentioned Olds??? If not Olds, what "bad" GM diesels were you thinking of?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Crazed LEO in Dashcam in Boston Suburb by turtlevette @ 16 minutes 57 seconds ago

Mass while progressive in some ways, is very backwards in others. Theres a lot of good ole boy mentality where these guys are a very tight mostly white Irish fraternity. They go to extreme measures to protect each other. They think they run the
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: El Salador Pictures by Quattro Pete @ 17 minutes 24 seconds ago

Old oil can be used as a heating source. There is probably little need for heating in a place like El Salvador on a personal level, but maybe in some industrial applications? Or maybe it's being put back in the bottles and sold as new oil at some l
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese-built Volvo Will Come to US by IndyIan @ 17 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: 19jacobob93But I reckon it's still a rip off to say what we pay for a Great Wall or Foton would sit you in an F-150 in the US, I know which I'd prefer... If we are going down that road, I'm driving
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru japan by BearZDefect @ 21 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Reuters... At Subaru, some foreign workers earn about half the wage of their Japanese equivalents on the production line. At the automaker’s suppliers, workers are often employed through brokers who charge up to a third of the w
Jump to new posts Re: Napa synthetic 15W50 vs Synpower 20W50 by aquariuscsm @ 26 minutes 20 seconds ago

^^Sorry,I took too long to edit. To satisfy my curiosity I emailed Valvone. I know,old news haha :p...... Is Napa Ashland synthetic motor oil the same oil as Valvoline Synpower? Thanks! Valvoline produces oil for many private label companies as we
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Annuity Investment - What Options are There? by ZeeOSix @ 26 minutes 41 seconds ago

This investment I'm looking for would not be dipped into until much later when I might really need the money - talking 15~20 years down the line. So I'm looking to dump a regular monthly payment into the investment to build a secondary nest egg. Fr
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Best oil for long term storage (car, not oil) by Popsy @ 27 minutes 18 seconds ago

Cars will be raised to avoid flat tyres, batteries will be disconnected for sure So no fluids change before (they are all recent BTW)? Nothing special to prevent oxidation in cylinders of gasoline models? Should I pour some oil directly in cylinder
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Piece found- Missing MH370 Malaysian 777 by ExMachina @ 28 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: car51It will probably never be found With 7 billion people on the planet, and the beaches, more of this will turn up:
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Toughguard vs wix by Nyogtha @ 29 minutes 19 seconds ago

If you can't find ISO 4548-12 test data for a brand of filter from that filter manufacturer, the best place to look is comparison charts from a competitor such as the previously linked data from Champion Labs or as another example the Amsoil Ea filte
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra XG2 17,475 Miles |11 Months [Cut Open] by ExMachina @ 30 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4Originally Posted By: beast3300What is the difference of a Gold plug and a regular magnetic plug? Likely nothing, but it is one of more recommended brands and was easy to buy on Amazon. ........Goldplugs.com is great, t
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >