by momo
05/29/16 01:59 PM
Towing what to look for?
by Camprunner
05/29/16 01:48 PM
The Critic's Choice 2014 Yaris vs 2015 Accent
by Gasbuggy
05/29/16 12:52 PM
What Fram Ultra For 95 Cadillac Seville?
by crazyoildude
05/29/16 12:46 PM
Import Multi-Vehicle, Valvoline vs. Castrol, VI?
by Samzone
05/29/16 12:36 PM
Fram Ultra Bypass Valve Spring Life
by Digital2k2
05/29/16 11:32 AM
CARQUEST Filters are now made by Purolator (pics)
by sir1900
05/29/16 11:03 AM
Small 4 Cycle Engines, longevity tips
by henni
05/29/16 10:05 AM
Car won't star after new serpentine belt
by AlaninPA
05/29/16 09:06 AM
Was this sold by Costco?
by Vikas
05/29/16 09:03 AM
Gas or lithium-ion powered string trimmer?
by skyactiv
05/29/16 08:41 AM
Newest Members
Moutainman31282, AlaninPA, z0bug33, smitty31, jimshep
58013 Registered Users
Who's Online
68 registered (Astro_Guy, 4wheeldog, 123Saab, 69GTX, AZjeff, 8 invisible), 1679 Guests and 322 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58013 Members
66 Forums
249560 Topics
4085553 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Towing what to look for? by OneEyeJack @ 2 minutes 16 seconds ago

You can select any name brand synthetic 5w-30. Watch for a sale and stock up. Also select one of the better filters. Try a UOA at 5K miles to get an idea of the condition of the oil and filter performance to establish an oil change interval to suit y
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: M1-101 after 10k on a 95 Sunfire 2.2 OHV pushrod by SirTanon @ 3 minutes 29 seconds ago

Solid looking filter. Straight pleats, and evenly spaced. Definitely seems well-made.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Pirelli by borgward @ 3 minutes 39 seconds ago

Have Pirelli's gotten better? I switched from Pirelli Centuratos to Michelin after many years of use. They were very good wet or dry. I went through SCCA drivers school on then and used them for rain tires on the track. I noticed they were not being
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The morality of riding a bike married with kids by Mr Nice @ 4 minutes 2 seconds ago

Loud pipes don't matter if the person texting or drunk behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: CARQUEST Premium Oil Filter by Sayjac @ 4 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog....The 84356 is a black can, but this isn't a low-volume application (most Hondas and Nissans use the 84356)and the 84145 is used in many Totoyas. ... Noticed the same thing about the 84356. And the AAP pic su
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: '88 Cadillac smog (Emission test) fails by momo @ 5 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: crazyoildudeMove to NJ no inspection at all below 1996 actually guaranteed to pass and a long highway drie with new plugs and wires if needed is the best for that car lol, I wish we have the same here. The only years that exem
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: So I did an oil change but didn't change the filte by BigD1 @ 12 minutes 9 seconds ago

Change the filter, and don't freak around with a car that is worth a lot of money. Been reading that filters get more efficient as they clog, but we have seen in the past that Honda and Toyota favored flow, so I don't think it matters. Was helping
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What Fram Ultra For 95 Cadillac Seville? by crazyoildude @ 16 minutes 20 seconds ago

Satin you thought correctly and that 95 Seville used to be mine so i guess i should automatically know what fram ultra filter should be used on it you would assume... But Your assumption is wrong i gave that Cadillac to a friend of mine last year and
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Cesna Citation Mustang - First impressions by zuluplus30 @ 17 minutes 31 seconds ago

Nice jet, well built, great avionics and ergonomics. However, in the enroute ATC environment it's insanely slow comparably and a general speed bump for other jet traffic. We routinely step climb them around other aircraft and level them at non-opti
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: CARQUEST Filters are now made by Purolator (pics) by Tony10s @ 18 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sir1900I went to AAP in West Seattle yesterday and to my surprise, the CQ red I bought is a Purolator clone with a manufactured date of April 2016. Compared to some of the older Purolators I have in my stash, it appears the new
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: QSAD 5W20 UOA 5,504 miles 2011 TAURUS 3.5 by kschachn @ 25 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 69GTXOn the weird side, 540RAT has rated the new 5w-20 QSUD as the highest rated oil they've ever tested, better than 30 grades, better than PP/PUP, M1, Castrol Edge, etc. Demonstrating that the tests have no relevance.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Told SiriusXM to Pound Sand by edhackett @ 27 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLMy biggest gripe with it is the audio quality, which is abysmal compared to the music I play from my USB stick. Made me not want to use it at all. Tell me more about using a USB stick. I'm not too savy with this new fa
Jump to new posts Re: What to do? 4T65E-HD (LONG) by sleddriver @ 28 minutes 50 seconds ago

That made for some very interesting reading there IHA! I believe that's the same tranny that plagued 2001 Volvos...among many other things! Non-hardened teeth on 4th gear...that definitely sounds like an MBA CF! Idiots.......
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The Critic's Choice 2014 Yaris vs 2015 Accent by Gasbuggy @ 29 minutes 15 seconds ago

The Yaris had 30,000 and newer tires, the Accent had 20,000. I put about 80 miles on the Yaris and 250 on the Accent.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire pressure question by AZjeff @ 30 minutes 48 seconds ago

As you increase the tire pressure you decrease the contact patch of the tire. Good for a bit more mpgs, might not be the best for traction in some situations if it's taken to an extreme, like close to max pressure. You'll never know you lost grip un
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cut Super Tech ST3980 2500miles by SirTanon @ 31 minutes 7 seconds ago

Looks decent for a basic level filter, although I'd say that just about any filter should look decent after only 2500 miles.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Gas or lithium-ion powered string trimmer? by Nate1979 @ 32 minutes 12 seconds ago

Gas will last much longer.
Jump to new posts Re: Car won't star after new serpentine belt by eljefino @ 32 minutes 16 seconds ago

I bought a jeep from my work. The alt was seized. There's a huge nut in the pulley, a little over an inch. I put my breaker bar on it, broke it loose, it worked fine. Squeaked for a couple minutes but then got over itself. This would certainly b
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Ghost Gunner by TheOnlySarge @ 33 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: hattOriginally Posted By: ZeeOSixhttps://thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4504447&postcount=2 Forums are notorious for bad info. Yes, I know ... and I posted those two links because ther
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Was this sold by Costco? by Nukeman7 @ 38 minutes 40 seconds ago

No it was not. All Costco invoice will have a unique COSTCO Item No. prominently printed in one corner of the package. Usually it is a 5 or 6 digit number that coincides with the tag on the display shelf.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Witnessed accident and driver running from scene by grampi @ 45 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234I don't think we need vigilantes that could potentially endanger others taking the law in their own hands. Vowel, "decades in prison" for letting some wood or objects fall out of a pick up truck??? I'd advise
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: microGreen Memorial Day Sale by Bud @ 50 minutes 0 seconds ago

Great price on these while on sale. Cheaper than what I can buy an Ultra for.
Jump to new posts Re: A/C performance woes... by sleddriver @ 50 minutes 18 seconds ago

I was thinking compressor clutch slipping as a maybe, but then again 2007 isn't that old really. If you do lots of HWY driving ("3 hr ride"), you might benefit from a thorough external condensor cleaning. Is it clogged with bugs? Cheap, su
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Small 4 Cycle Engines, longevity tips by Rob_Roy @ 55 minutes 6 seconds ago

I still prefer 2-stroke power for things like leaf blowers due to weight, but that Makita unit you have looks pretty nice. What does Makita recommend for oil and service interval?
Jump to new posts Re: Best OTC fuel injector cleaner by Vikas @ 56 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OlasOriginally Posted By: Jimzz If you want something that will work then get a can of Carb cleaner and spray out the throttle body, A can of MAF cleaner and clean the MAF, and replace the fuel filter. This, and Shell and S
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >