by MolaKule
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Something interesting
by OneEyeJack
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
07 Volvo s40 sealed tranny
by Pops1050
Yesterday at 10:12 PM
Super high mileage cars - highest you've seen?
by 19jacobob93
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
Ubuntu 14.04- not enough room for upgrade?
by The_Eric
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Once is a coicidence, twice is ???
by andyd
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
usb controller not working...
by daves66nova
Yesterday at 09:36 PM
Info on the Baldwin BT-353 Filter ?
by rrounds
Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Consequences of not adding make-up oil?
by Pajamarama
Yesterday at 08:25 PM
How many mAh is reasonable for rechargeable...
by Nayov
Yesterday at 07:47 PM
re thinking job field
by ram_man
Yesterday at 07:24 PM
Newest Members
Khubert10, nlsimps, vdeal, ZeeTX, Leon505
51019 Registered Users
Who's Online
26 registered (BusyLittleShop, babbittd, asiancivicmaniac, Azeem, calzone, Andy636, 2 invisible), 848 Guests and 195 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51019 Members
64 Forums
218031 Topics
3436537 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Once is no biggie as mentioned above, we've all probably done it, but: Consequences = same as not changing your oil often enough. Depletion of additives, sludge formation, etc etc.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: My Experiences with using TCW3 by Tron1 @ 5 minutes 41 seconds ago

Just completed all highway driving at an average speed of 64MPH in my Cobra with 2 stroke tcw3 in the gas tank at 3oz per 5 gallons. My gas mileage was an incredible 17mpg at 104 miles and 21mpg at 170 miles. My best mileage before adding tcw3 had be
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: re thinking job field by babbittd @ 21 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ClevyIn my youth our hockey teams trainer would use it on gashes and cuts and so on to stop the bleeding and bond the skin. Works beautifully and reduces scarring vs stitches. I also have and if necessary would use it again for
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.0 V8 by Nick1994 @ 22 minutes 59 seconds ago

Sounds like a keeper. Have you checked where the leak is coming from before you start with a HM oil to try to mask it? Could just be valve cover gaskets or an oil pan gasket (if it's easy to change) then maybe you can fix the leaks. Tranny and differ
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Napa Gold 1334 ~5700 miles (Pics) by sayjac @ 25 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Tmiller3063So does that mean I can run the A01 in my 97 Civic. Still wonder if it will work...... Yep, if you choose. Same size gasket, slightly longer can, not quite as wide as the 1334. Link below is a guy doing exactly that.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: How to sync old android phone contacts with google by Drew99GT @ 41 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: abycatgoogle sync buddy. http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee420/abycat/bitog/Screenshot_2014-08-19-17-47-33.png It doesn't work. Old contacts saved in the phone memory will not sync with Google.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: I have a new tire buying strategy by y_p_w @ 55 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: stephen9666Originally Posted By: y_p_w $50 each for Falken Sincera SN-828. I actually bought two and was planning on getting another two when the current tires are no longer suitable (they're getting there and it's pretty near
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil HM vs Mobil Super HM? by GaleHawkins @ Today at 12:41 AM

lukejo one would think 5w-30 would have the same thickness between brands but it may not be the case. I thought all brands of cell phones would pick up a signal as well as the other using the same technology but learned last week a Motorola will grab
Automotive General Topics
C'mon, let's talk a bout cars. There should be another forum for history buffs, semantics pedants and Leni Riefenstahl Fun Club (I am one of them)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got me a safety razor by asiancivicmaniac @ Today at 12:35 AM

I recently got an Edwin Jagger DE89. The chrome on it is beautiful and it shaves closer than any cartridge I've used before, even the 5 blade Gillettes and Schicks. Whipping up the soap is fun too unless I'm pressed for time. Still working on getti
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 07 Volvo s40 sealed tranny by Pops1050 @ Today at 12:34 AM

Thanks all, will probably go with Mobil JWS3309 - will pickup 3 qts locally to get started and buy the case from Amazon. OneeyeJack, yes I googled the question and saw some discussion threads on swedespeed. Michaelluscher, not sure about a filter. Si
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: What does Liqui-Moly CERATEC do? by GaleHawkins @ Today at 12:32 AM

650 mile trip in the Towncar this week averaged 24 MPH and we hit 7K on the Ceratec fill. It now has been topped of twice with M1 MH 10W-40 so that is half a gallon when it specs 5W-20 so that could hurt mileage a tad perhaps.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
cobra: Ask for an answer but sometimes you have to wait and I'm from Polish dailydriver Reply with KAAZ: Hi Piotr, Thanks for your inquiry. You can use any brand non-synthetic gear oil as long as it is GL5 specification or higher and it is 80w90
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: New AAP $50 off $125+ code... by lukejo @ Today at 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: sayjacCorrection. WD34 likely expiration 8/23 11:59 pm ET Thanks again Sayjac! Just saved $50 on a Gold battery. Will have them install it tomorrow.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Info on the Baldwin BT-353 Filter ? by rrounds @ Today at 12:07 AM

Thank you. ROD
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cold start kock, oil starved? OIl filter? by Why_Anything @ Today at 12:01 AM

oil light comes on for test then turns off. I have disconnected the light and at 2000RPM it came on and beeped. I assume the sensor works but who knows
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: How many mAh is reasonable for rechargeable... by raytseng @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Short answer: just buy eneloops Long answer: First you need to calculate reasonably if this question matters to you. Otherwise it's like calculating the lifespan of your computer's CPU. If it's 500 charges versus 1000 charges, and you're charging i
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: TORQUE Coffee Talk by another Todd @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: 296621. no 2. depends on the quality of the tool. 3. yes they take that variable into account 4. sounds fine 5. just snug it down and don't worry about it. 6. I personally believe in torqueing incrementally. Particularly o
Jump to new posts Re: Which Oil For: 1994 F-150 with 5.0 by lukejo @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Thanks! Just got it home and I think I got a great deal. It is sooo much better than anything else I've looked at the last few months in this year range. Clean underneath with very little rust, new KYB shocks, lots of new under the hood...plugs, wir
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure about my labtop.... by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Question: Still looks like it is a windows issue. Was told that any vista disc would do to preform a rescue. True or False?
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Fill in the Blanks- Two Words by MolaKule @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

Durometer: Numerical scale of ---- hardness, Compression Set: the amount by which a ---- specimen fails to return to original shape after release of compressive load, Memory: tendency of a ---- material to return to original shape after deformation
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Super high mileage cars - highest you've seen? by Chris142 @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

735000 miles in an early 80's tercel.original unopened engine and trans according to the owner. i used to have a customer that went to Bonneville to race often and his chevy truck had 525k on it last time i saw it. our little tacoma shop truck is @3
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Wax by BHopkins @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

I'm a fan of Turtle Wax Ice. I've been using the paste, but from many recommendations I've heard from others, I think I'm going to try the liquid wax next. Don't judge any wax product line by the spray wax product that they may offer. Spray wax pr
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: usb controller not working... by daves66nova @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Would Airdroid allow me to update o.s. from my phone to a newer version? Right now I have version 2.3.6. If not,then how do I fix the usb controller problem? Thanks to all who chimed in and will chime in.
Jump to new posts Re: Something interesting by Clevy @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Redline oils tend to be on the thicker end of the grade and use little to no viscosity index improvers which may help too. If I could afford it I'd use nothing but redline fluids exclusively. They are probably overkill in anything but severe servi
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >