Recent Topics
Lawnmower Won't Start When Engine Hot
by jkon
2 minutes 42 seconds ago
Rheology of Viscosity Modifiers and ULV Lubricants
by Solarent
2 minutes 55 seconds ago
Block heater leaks, Use sealant on expansion plug?
by Colt45ws
9 minutes 21 seconds ago
85 octane... Wth?
by horse123
32 minutes 33 seconds ago
Fram XG2 Bypass Valve
by Canadastang
49 minutes 22 seconds ago
'02 VW Cabrio -- Pros & cons?
by Benzadmiral
Today at 08:27 AM
Early review on 2015 Chrysler T&C
by badtlc
Today at 07:25 AM
New car storage
by JoelB
Today at 07:17 AM
How often should I change my oil.
by Greatwhite7
Today at 07:01 AM
'91 Mazda B2600i transfer case and trans oil?
by Jason280
Today at 03:59 AM
How to cut power to breaker box ?
by Merkava_4
Today at 02:21 AM
Spark plugs in hi-per applications
by mjoekingz28
Today at 01:07 AM
Newest Members
peg, CornbreadMan, JoelB, alostaunau, alanwayne1908
58295 Registered Users
Who's Online
86 registered (757guy, Alfred_B, ag_ghost, Al, 69GTX, 9 invisible), 1667 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58295 Members
66 Forums
250924 Topics
4112862 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 85 octane... Wth? by Srt20 @ 2 minutes 48 seconds ago

Less air, lowers compression, lower octane can be used. I always use what's cheapest when in the mtns, or anywhere else for that matter.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Lawnmower Won't Start When Engine Hot by jkon @ 3 minutes 14 seconds ago

I have a push lawn mower with a B&S engine 123K02-0185-E1. It is 13 years old but I maintain it very well. Starts right up when cold. And it runs fine. However I have an awful time starting it again when it's hot. Sometimes takes 5 or 10 minutes
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0w20, 10,093 miles, 2006 Civic by OVERKILL @ 3 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: userfriendlyThere is nothing to wonder, those are the numbers. My guess is that the oil is not up to the task of 10k miles, and the wear metals are imbedded in the sludge, varnish and filter. Without a TBN, that's still just
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Rheology of Viscosity Modifiers and ULV Lubricants by Solarent @ 3 minutes 27 seconds ago

I recently took a class on VM's and thought that some of the information that was covered would be useful for BITOGer's who want to know more about how VII/VM's work and why: RHEOLOGY The branch of physics that deals with the deformation and flow of
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: '91 Mazda B2600i transfer case and trans oil? by Jason280 @ 4 minutes 0 seconds ago

Interesting. Would Syncromesh not be a better option for the manual transmission?
Jump to new posts Re: Car stereo choices by CorvairGeek @ 4 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 007 Back in 1984 when I bought my first new vehicle a 1984 S10 Blazer I spent $1500 for a complete Kenwood system installed which included a pure pull out tuner unit, seperate amp and four speakers. It sounded REAL nice. Boy hav
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Funny test oils. by timeau @ 5 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TuarFunny test engine oils from Russia. 1. Friction machine. 2. Oil heating. 3. Engine running without oil Read first and study "matchast'": http://bmwservice.livejournal.com/ May be after this all these t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car Acronyms by 757guy @ 6 minutes 41 seconds ago

Miscellaneous Odd Parts Assembled Rong (wrong)
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1991 Clean Acura NSX with some mods for $45k by WylieCoyote @ 6 minutes 59 seconds ago

I might be inclined to pay that if it hasn't been messed with. Body kits and matte paint weren't necessary to make this car a stunner. Kinda hurts my heart a little to see one modified like this.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Mower Decision: Toro Super Recycler vs Honda HRX by lars11 @ 8 minutes 19 seconds ago

Anyone use or tried the Toro timemaster 76? Verdict?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to make asphalt by SHOZ @ 8 minutes 51 seconds ago

I'm not at all confused on what I wanted and what I did. Asphalt (tar) is made from oil. I doubt if there is any lead in any used oil I have.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Block heater leaks, Use sealant on expansion plug? by Colt45ws @ 9 minutes 53 seconds ago

So, my factory installed block heater is beginning to leak. Thankfully its in the most accessible location. Ive sourced a expansion plug from Ford (F6AZ-6026-BA) to replace it. Should I use a sealant on it when I pop it in? Ive looked about and see a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to cut power to breaker box ? by hatt @ 10 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: exranger06Originally Posted By: AlOriginally Posted By: exranger06 There's a reason why they're no longer available brand new. They are still available. I have 200 amp service from 1972. (Zinsco) I have a smoke detector in
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech Synthetic and Citgo by threeputtpar @ 10 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Originally Posted By: threeputtparAll politics aside, Citgo sourced engine oil is just as good as any other blender that blends the Walmart syn. But how does it compare to the top synthetics like Mobil 1 and Pennzoil P
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Best ammo size for close quarter residential ? by Al @ 12 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hatt Are you saying too much lube bent the firing pin or it was already bent? Either way a firing pin shouldn't be something you have to worry about unless you're shooting thousands of rounds. I think I would be a bit uneasy
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The "zero posters" by OVERKILL @ 14 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CKNYeah-and without mentioning names-at least one of the posters (above) seemingly make up some of the goofiest topics just to post.....maybe to keep post numbers up? Don't be shy Do you consider this topic to be one of thos
Jump to new posts Re: Yet ANOTHER Iffy Lube horror story. by Doog @ 18 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: montero1Three things I'd rather do than bring any of my vehicles to Jiffy Lube: 1. Put a cigarette out in my eye. 2. Stare at the sun with a pair of binoculars. 3. Punch a hornet's nest at Point Blank range. LMAO....
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Feather Blades by Al @ 21 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111Only 2 shaves! Are you sure you got the real Feathers? Yup. Some guys have "Peach Fir" others (like me)...not so much. I hav e found as you gety older it gets worse.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Canyon? by cptbarkey @ 22 minutes 2 seconds ago

just to the east of the south rim outside the park has some places you can go to, it is not as dramatic impressive as the park but still great to see. https:[email protected],-111.6732324,13.26z
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: '02 VW Cabrio -- Pros & cons? by skyactiv @ 22 minutes 11 seconds ago

If you can handle fixing things yourself, it's a fun little car. Plus it's something you can toy around with for a few years and get back what you paid for it.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Early review on 2015 Chrysler T&C by Oldmoparguy1 @ 24 minutes 2 seconds ago

Welcome to the family. I've own/owned 8 Chrysler/Dodge minivans. Great all around vehicles.
Jump to new posts Re: New car storage by 69GTX @ 24 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr... From what I understand, in the winter and covered in salt, it will rust faster inside a nice warm garage than outside where it is colder. One source I read back in the 1990's stated that corrosion rates for the bo
Jump to new posts Re: What if Walmart discontinued all 10W-30 ? by surfstar @ 25 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: busterI still like the 10w30 grade, despite being obsolete to many. Lower NOACK and VII's. Same here. Just bought a jug of Maxlife and Chevron in 10w30 last weekend, as that's all they had in stock. $10 and $5 rebates on
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: use for your old obsolete tablet by bmwjohn @ 27 minutes 43 seconds ago

Just FYI the way I understand it desktop computers dropped in demand because laptops got better and cheaper, then laptops dropped in demand as tablets got more popular, NOW tablet demand is dropping super fast as people prefer a super smartphone, wh
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gun Belt Wanted by DuckRyder @ 28 minutes 0 seconds ago

For nylon, Wilderness Tactical - no question... You can get them from Brownells For leather if you don't mind waiting look at the custom holster manufacturers... for example: http://www.tuckergunleather.com/gun-belts
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >