by lawman1909
07/28/14 07:04 PM
Hypothetical situation: Locktite on filter threads
by Vern_in_IL
07/28/14 06:23 PM
First Post- Sea Water/Lube Oil/Chemisty Question
by Eric_Rydzewski
07/28/14 05:56 PM
I'm seeing more of these "alkaline water" places .
by daves66nova
07/28/14 05:19 PM
CCW Prosecution in NJ
by Volvohead
07/28/14 04:39 PM
Changed Anti-freeze, Now Running Hot
by tc1446
07/28/14 04:22 PM
I wish Wix filters had a textured grip!
by tommygunn
07/28/14 03:29 PM
Eid Mubarak!
by d00df00d
07/28/14 02:03 PM
Need to Quiet Tapping Noise
by exranger06
07/28/14 01:46 PM
2007 Honda Element 6037mi, M1 0W20 AFE UOA (K24)
by EdwardC
07/28/14 01:45 PM
Thicker oil for performance ?
by Dogan
07/28/14 01:33 PM
Newest Members
JayBirdy, Michael_Trinh, kensley, Mirabela, tonyjh63
50787 Registered Users
Who's Online
135 registered (2KBMW, actionstan, 2010_FX4, 05LGTLtd, allboy, andyd, 14 invisible), 2135 Guests and 234 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50787 Members
64 Forums
216958 Topics
3415536 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: I Don't Change My Oil - Test Results by jsinton @ 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: yvon_laRecycling oil isnt a new thing ,plenty of ways to filter to 1 micron then put oil back in.but doing it the way you do?not a good idea! You make assumptions. I have documented evidence. Nothing wrong with what I'm doing
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Removing rust from tools. by spasm3 @ 1 minute 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Brad_COriginally Posted By: spasm3This has my interest, i think i will build one, I wonder how many amps are too much? What would happen if the entire vat was the anode, say an old cast iron pot? The anode slowly corrodes away
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Snowblower oil 5w-30 by lawman1909 @ 1 minute 48 seconds ago

Okay. I will give it a thought! I hear great things about that oil. Our last snowblower lasted 4 years before it fell apart. Engine was still strong but the lousy parts are what you get with an MTD.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: War in Ukraine by dave1251 @ 1 minute 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TrajanOriginally Posted By: dave1251Key word. OLD. Using an obsolete definition to justify one's bigotry and insecurity is beyond low. . It stems from fear. Indeed.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Getting through emissions testing... by slowdime @ 2 minutes 15 seconds ago

Something interesting I found http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html Apparently for the drive cycle to test all the emissions systems, a poor or marginal catalyst may take 5 drive cycles to be tested.... Following all the other drive cycle instructions
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Kmart..Valvoline Wiper Blades $1.95 by Warstud @ 3 minutes 59 seconds ago

Valvoline Wiper Blades $1.95 and up. Maxlife High Mileage Wiper Blades-Out Of Stock. http://www.kmart.com/search=wiper%20arms,%20blades%20%26%20replacements&Valvoline?filter=Brand&catalogId=10104&previousSort=ORIGINAL_SORT_ORDER&view
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW 502 to 504 really worth it? by JAG @ 5 minutes 20 seconds ago

I enjoy reading these thought-provoking threads even though I rarely participate in them.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Peak Global in a Peak Green vehicle? by SilverC6 @ 6 minutes 1 second ago

Flush well and Peak Global will work just fine for you.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Dodge Hellcat acceleration times released by hattaresguy @ 6 minutes 30 seconds ago

The price is good if you can actually buy it for that price, although its pretty much just a Challenger with a blower on it which people have been doing since they came out all those years ago.. Seems the numbers are about max what you can get out
Jump to new posts Re: Hypothetical situation: Locktite on filter threads by spasm3 @ 8 minutes 21 seconds ago

torque the filter til it gives, if not loose tear the rest off then hit the center with a propane torch for a while and then while hot a screwdriver and hammer. Then move up to the acetylene torch.
Jump to new posts Re: Formula Shell Full Synthetic Oil 5w30, any good??? by BrianC @ 9 minutes 7 seconds ago

BJ's wholesale.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: I'm seeing more of these "alkaline water" places . by Shannow @ 10 minutes 27 seconds ago

Alkaline water is a scam, IMO, as given fairly pure water, it doesn't take much of anything to get it alkaline, but with no buffering capacity, it won't push your body very far in the alkaline direction either...a little carb soda if you want to do i
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Truck Double Standard by hattaresguy @ 11 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: strat81Originally Posted By: hattaresguy This will fly here like a lead balloon, a $600k+ truck. What's with the orange interior? On a custom vehicle whatever the buyer wants, the buyer gets. Hence orange.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone looking to get the new 2015 GTI? by MCompact @ 14 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MyklOriginally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIXYes its subjective, but to a performance guy like me? The quicker car is the one to have. Jeff Then why did you buy a GTI?
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: CCW Prosecution in NJ by hatt @ 15 minutes 57 seconds ago

I have no idea why people still live in these places.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: My Review of the 1997 Camry by hattaresguy @ 16 minutes 13 seconds ago

Your car must be a weak example, or my memory is rusty because the last time I drove a Camry of that vintage was a decade ago in HS. But I thought it was decent enough for what it was, its not Autobahn burner but running at 80 was never an issue.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Need to Quiet Tapping Noise by bullwinkle @ 19 minutes 12 seconds ago

My '98 in my sig has made it to 218K and has noise that sounds like valves/lifters, 10W40 in hot weather, 5W30 in winter. Haven't heard piston slap noises yet (knock on wood!).
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: First Post- Sea Water/Lube Oil/Chemisty Question by yvon_la @ 20 minutes 8 seconds ago

Sea water found its way in oil i would bet!and then got distruted elsewhere
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: I wish Wix filters had a textured grip! by JerryBob @ 20 minutes 27 seconds ago

I don't see where the OP mentioned textured grps in the context of installing or removing filters. But wouldn't a turn of duct tape on the filter solve the problem?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best most afordable oil filter for my Prius? by ZeeOSix @ 21 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: allboyOriginally Posted By: mattwithcatsLooks like for a Gen 2 Prius you can go double oversize Fram 3600 or Purolator 20195... Doesn't a bigger filter add more stress to your oil pump? A larger filter produces less del
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Hess acquisition by Speedway by Tdbo @ 22 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SHOZI don't know about stable. They hi/lo price will typically rotate around the area. Currently my two local stations are the highest but travel 20 miles south and they are the lowest. The two local stations are in two diffe
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 04-06 MB E55: what should i know about them? by hattaresguy @ 23 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: VolvoheadJaraxle, My first comment was more with a smile, so don't take it too seriously. I think the problem with the newer Mercedes is that their engineering eventually became infected with the same cost bug (right before th
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by Trajan @ 30 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251I agree with your assessment. Molakule, JHZR2, edhackett, kschachn are attempting to teach both not to be arrogant and show superior knowledge on the subject. The lessons became harsh due to some serious stubbornness an
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Changed Anti-freeze, Now Running Hot by widman @ 34 minutes 27 seconds ago

The fluctuation is a sure sign of air trapped at the thermostat. When I install them I drill a 1/8" hole in them to let air out. With air against the paraffin that has to expand, it can't sense the real temperature. You got air in it. I always
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Lowes Porduct 498288 on clearance at SOME stores by Oldmoparguy1 @ 35 minutes 44 seconds ago

We have 14 Lowes within 25 miles, only one has it on sale. $8.99 here. Wayne
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >