by Bgallagher
02/12/16 10:41 AM
Mobil Delvac ATF in a regular car transmission
by SuperValue
02/12/16 10:35 AM
Dumped the smartphone!
by andrewg
02/12/16 10:27 AM
Need to replace plugs - cooper,Iridium, or Plat?
by MoreCowbellAz
02/12/16 10:25 AM
Child bicycle trailer?
by Quattro Pete
02/12/16 09:19 AM
Newest Members
RTS, jhmed80, engus, Rob_Pol, Nick24w
56901 Registered Users
Who's Online
102 registered (Alvaro, 05LGTLtd, 19kj57, akela, 87sammy, Al, 10 invisible), 1806 Guests and 194 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56901 Members
66 Forums
244603 Topics
3984052 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic transmission longevity: fluids & OCI by Ramblejam @ 3 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitterScroll down to where it reads "2003-4R75E/4R75W Mine has the 4R75E. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_transmissions What's your VIN?
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Toro 721E snow blower by JTK @ 3 minutes 31 seconds ago

You can't go wrong with Toro snow equipment. Thanks for the follow up.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Laufenn Tires - Any Opinions? by CKN @ 4 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: CKNOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: CKNIt's the same methodology used by those who posts Michelin are the greatest tires in the world-here on BITOG. Right. So all fairly use
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Hard starting LCT snow engine.. by JTK @ 7 minutes 37 seconds ago

I did some maintenance on my 1yr old Ariens Sno-tek 28" snowblower today. Changed oil and had to adjust the skid-shoes because they had slid fully up on me. I had mentioned in another thread that it had become impossible to pull-start cold, b
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to the thin oil movement? by Oldmoparguy1 @ 8 minutes 37 seconds ago

I'm currently running M1 0w-20 in my 3.6 Pentastar. Have carefully recorded mileage for all types of conditions. On my next OC I will use M1 5w-30. Will be documenting this OCI in a like manner.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Winchester 9mm steel case by bunnspecial @ 9 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: donnyj08Thanks! have any recommendations as far as reloading setups? Asking about a reloading set-up is dangerous as everyone has an opinion . One of the best things you can do is buy a reloading manual, which gives a lot
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Mastercraft Strategy tires (I'm cheap) by madRiver @ 10 minutes 14 seconds ago

Let's us know after the next winter storm if these are heroes or Zeroes. Also 15k after installation if still quiet. It seems to be 50/50 if they are decent with no name tires.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: How to handle dangerously bad work by a shop by GiveMeAVowel @ 13 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mykl Absolutely. There will be no "angry, aggressive customer" [censored]. "Hi, I know your shop has been in business serving this community for quite a few decades now. You're clearly doing quite well for you
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: First Generation Tundra? by supton @ 14 minutes 38 seconds ago

XJ brakes shouldn't matter (much) as the trailer ought to have brakes too. But a bigger tow vehicle I wouldn't argue against. I like the idea of a 'burb. Use it as a shed when not driving it. A van would be better but has that whole "harder
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan....Giddy Up! by Papa Bear @ 15 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Atesz792Watch for the right footpeg literally breaking off when landing from a small jump in the factory promo video. "Break off" ?? I can see falling off - perhaps a loose nut/bolt assy ........... I wouldn't con
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I HAD to do it! by exranger06 @ 18 minutes 51 seconds ago

European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Motul Sport Ester 5w40 vs Gulf Competition 5w40 by Brit33 @ 22 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PopsyI use 0W40 in the Barchetta (M1 old formula, prone to shear) and had no lifters noise when I started it after two weeks no use, but I guess some engine are harder on oil than others. We don't have (yes?) this Motul Sport he
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Caution UOA - PP 10W30 6881m on 2001 Jeep 4.0 by Donald @ 22 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisThat's nothing Ito worry about yet, but a good reason to do a follow up uoa Or dump it before something happens.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Mysterious Man by Jetronic @ 23 minutes 46 seconds ago

there would've been gravity waves for sure...
Heavy Equip. and Industrial Oils
Jump to new posts Re: low-temperature oil gelling reversible? by Donald @ 24 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteIts good for 50 years - the bottle is the weak point. Its good for as long as its usable by current engine specifications. After that it goes to the Dollar Store to be bought by people who don't read labels.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Gravity Wave Day !!! by Al @ 24 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WinThe detection system sounds pretty subtle. Maybe they observed the phenomenon, maybe not. I hate to be the spoiled sport, but, really, what benefit are we getting from this? Basic understanding of quantum theory, Gravit
Jump to new posts Re: What the heck is this? by kschachn @ 25 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PontualYou mean scattering, for atoms, right, since diffraction goes to electron jumping out of p,, orbits... No.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I'll never remove my trailer hitch again by exranger06 @ 28 minutes 23 seconds ago

There's a guy at my work who leaves his hitch in all the time, and his truck looks like this:
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Single cylinder versus twin by Robenstein @ 29 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28I am wondering why a 500cc H-D only has two holes and a proper V-twin has the engine, primary, and transmission. Ever look at a Sportster? Only two holes there for primary/trans and engine. Also, who says you nee
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Delvac ATF in a regular car transmission by SuperValue @ 29 minutes 18 seconds ago

Well, if not the Delvac, I'm leaning towards the Valvoline Maxlife. Browsing through various forums, noone is sure if Matic-S is a full synth or semi-synth blend. From the Valvoline Product Info pdf: Suitable for use in: Ford MERCON®LV application
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Taiwan DMV "Mechanical Knowledgee" Test Question by Jetronic @ 34 minutes 18 seconds ago

Quote:077 2 If you drive a car normally, as the mileage increases, the clutch will (1) gradually become looser. (2) gradually become tighter. (3) remain the same. Comment : Again, dunno what “(2) become tighter “ means here. Suppose the pedal travel
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Body was there for months...... by andrewg @ 37 minutes 34 seconds ago

Poor girl. Very sad that she took the wrong path which almost certainly contributed to her demise.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dumped the smartphone! by andrewg @ 39 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: madRiverCurious though I really did not see much proof but another opinion piece. Happy smartphone user here who has no social media apps installed on it..... Proof of what? It's just one guy relating his own experiences wit
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Low Brake Fluid 2009 Ford Taurus by mk378 @ 41 minutes 23 seconds ago

Again the OP is beyond help, but for anyone else reading: Never remove the nut from the top of a strut shaft (in the center of the mount) unless you know what you are doing and have safely compressed the spring first. Absent-mindedly removing the n
Jump to new posts Re: Idle wear by 440Magnum @ 46 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: turtlevetteOriginally Posted By: 440MagnumBoth Olds and Buicks got built with better iron (higher nickel percentage) than many Chevy blocks did. Is there any documented proof of that? I've heard that a few times Softer m
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >