Recent Topics
Love my new Ryobi 40 volt leaf blower!
by Traction
05/28/15 04:55 PM
2007 X3si 5w30 7,320 Schaeffer's 9000 5w30
by nighamreuki
05/28/15 04:41 PM
Relationship between auto mfg. & oil companies?
by Ed_Flecko
05/28/15 04:31 PM
TGMO made by CONACO?
by AZjeff
05/28/15 03:57 PM
Why ATF in transfer case
by camperbob
05/28/15 02:48 PM
Repair leather on dash?
by coopns
05/28/15 02:45 PM
Tires opinion
by eldonhamm
05/28/15 02:27 PM
Oil mixing
by Benito
05/28/15 02:23 PM
General Altimax RT43 1500mi review
by k24a4
05/28/15 01:26 PM
Would you have DRANK it?
by SumpChump
05/28/15 12:32 PM
cross reference please.
by OtisBlkR1
05/28/15 11:43 AM
Let it Ride?? Or change it?
by BISCUT
05/28/15 10:05 AM
Newest Members
89gtcs, giantkiller, willb003, caminante58, eldonhamm
54138 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (2010_FX4, AZjeff, bluesubie, Alfred_B, bdcardinal, Atesz792, 11 invisible), 1721 Guests and 128 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54138 Members
66 Forums
231977 Topics
3718908 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 10k OCI filters by 2010_FX4 @ 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jk_636When you consider the fact that the most expensive oil filter on the market is $14 retail there is no reason to consider "cost" as a factor. And yes, the best filter on the market also happens to be the most expe
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The Evolution of Vehicular Needs by BowNisPar @ 5 minutes 32 seconds ago

Hey everyone, Thanks for the interesting and lively discussion, the recommendations, et cetera. Unfortunately my wife's car, the Infiniti in my signature, was flooded rather significantly back in Houston. We are at a campsite on the beach in Calif
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Consumer Reports: 10 Cars That Will Go 200k Miles by PandaBear @ 11 minutes 13 seconds ago

The biggest factor would be whether it has a design defect. I'd not consider a car that has known head gasket issue or transmission issue to be a car that "will go 200k". I can live with worn struts, radiator leak if not too expensive to
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: Tires opinion by michaelluscher @ 11 minutes 25 seconds ago

RT43's are a solid choice
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Love my new Ryobi 40 volt leaf blower! by Traction @ 14 minutes 30 seconds ago

My new 40 volt Ryobi leaf blower is one of the handiest tools I've bought. No cord to deal with, or no smelly, cranky motor to start. Plenty of power (300CFM) for blowing off the sidewalks, gutters, and cars. Wide open, it will run for at least 15-20
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil at Walmart by geeman789 @ 15 minutes 41 seconds ago

Our local Walmart USED to have self-checkout... not any more. Wonder if shrinkage (THEFT) was a factor. Oh, and they have recently installed a camera pointing directly at the oil filter section...
Jump to new posts Re: Should fuel dilution impact your oil choice? by Shannow @ 16 minutes 4 seconds ago

From Honda, "Study on estimation Method of Anti-Oxidation Performance for Engine Oil Deterioration Monitoring System Quote:Oxygen in the air is the first factor that can be indicated as a cause of OIT deterioration. Engine Oil is constantly exp
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 20w50 5w20 blend by tig1 @ 17 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowTrue that tig, I'm waiting for Honda to sack all their engineers and hire him on. Won't happen. They probably can't afford his wages. LOL. Busylittle shop reminds of of the Smokey Yunick types. He succeeded by doing.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Why ATF in transfer case by BobsArmory @ 17 minutes 52 seconds ago

Because they said so?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproofing basment walls by Warstud @ 18 minutes 40 seconds ago

You could install a Rain Shield. http://www.liseslogcabinlife.com/2012/11/building-rain-shield-under-deck.html
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 in a spec 5w20 by tig1 @ 22 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GarakThey don't rev quite that high anymore, tig1. What are the revs today? Probably way more than my Fords.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 X3si 5w30 7,320 Schaeffer's 9000 5w30 by drtyler @ 22 minutes 36 seconds ago

What oil was used in the previous interval? I'm not sure that the Schaeffer 9000 5W30 is LL-01 approved, but it didn't cause a bad report. Was your fuel mileage better this time using this oil?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hundreds march at McDonald's HQ over low wages by Alfred_B @ 22 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Blaze... but unfortunately they are only open Mon thru Fri. I have a chronic condition that can require emergency care... Well, there you go. You paid for the availability of care. That emergency department pays at least $milli
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO made by CONACO? by AZjeff @ 23 minutes 8 seconds ago

Jeez, CONOCO, sorry. First mistake today So technically "Toyota Genuine Motor Oil" in 0W-20 can be a different product if you buy it off the shelf or they put it in from bulk. Huh? I know the car won't know the difference but that's no
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: 98_V70: Mich. Primacy MXM4 "Chunking"? by sleddriver @ 23 minutes 16 seconds ago

Update: I return to DT and the same kid was there as last time! I ask him why my account didn't include any measurements he had taken. He said "there was no order." I reply that I've called Michelin twice now, they've called the store, look
Jump to new posts Re: Repair leather on dash? by geeman789 @ 23 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal We are going through that right now actually at my work. A detail guy was using a razor blade to slice a label off the windshield of a 2015 F350 Lariat and the blade slipped right into the dash. Of course it was on
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship between auto mfg. & oil companies? by Quattro Pete @ 24 minutes 14 seconds ago

In more recent past, it has typically been the engine manufacturers that come up with oil specifications that the oil manufacturers have to meet.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: cross reference please. by Kira @ 29 minutes 20 seconds ago

Hey bubbatime, that was some list of numbers you found! Cool. Kira
Jump to new posts Re: Oil mixing by Dallas69 @ 31 minutes 44 seconds ago

A 5 to 1 or a 4 to 2 of darn near anything is ok. Keep in mind that you need to stay close in viscosity to what your engine specs. Mix away my friend. I am slowly recruiting more to the darkside.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Differences between liqui moly? by Leonardo629 @ 34 minutes 55 seconds ago

This is my finding: 5W-40 Synthoil Premium has LL-98 rating 5W-40 Leichtlauf High Tech has LL-01 rating so the latter one must be of a newer formulation right?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Michelin Defenders ? by Smokescreen @ 35 minutes 17 seconds ago

I had defenders on my Corolla...they didn't last 1/2 as long as rated and my driving pattern remained the same commute, verified alignment and carefully maintained psi. ...I have since went back to Coopers where my money is more well spent.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Would you have DRANK it? by Trajan @ 35 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jcwitYou should note where bottled water comes from. On a side note, ever take a ride in Amish Country with the windows down? Think about what the vehicle in front is driving over and putting into the air. Been there. Top do
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Boron additives are working ? by MolaKule @ 37 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22archoil nano borate Why do we need additional borates in an engine oil that already has it included in a balanced formula?
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Hydro-Gear oil change experiance? by Tbone289 @ 37 minutes 38 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: "It had a 351 Windsor in it !!..." by Shannow @ 39 minutes 41 seconds ago

CT8, Larry Perkins, one of the best racers and race engeiners in Oz referred to the Windsor as "the best small block chev that Ford ever built"...he would have preferred the staggered port than the Chev's. Oz had Windsors early on in the F
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >