Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Oil change or wait??
by Rolla07
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Newest Members
Thourun, Zach72, SandCastle, ymc226, redwoods73
51758 Registered Users
Who's Online
86 registered (2sld3kf2bt, 3800Series, 3311, 943kgt, 86cutlass307, 9 invisible), 1087 Guests and 141 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51758 Members
64 Forums
221448 Topics
3501967 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Philips 9012 in '05 Corolla? by Rolla07 @ 55 seconds ago

Im using 9012's in my 07 right now
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by 2sld3kf2bt @ 1 minute 40 seconds ago

2006 Toyota Sienna 100k miles, 5k OCI Out: Mobil 1 5w30 In: Mobil 1 5w30 Filter: Mobil 1 synthetic filter was installed at last oil change. It has 5k miles on it, it is good for at least another 5k miles, so this oil change was just a drain and
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Tin in UOA? by kyoo @ 3 minutes 19 seconds ago

Interesting, thanks for the input. I'll be continually keeping on eye on things. Just FYI for anyone who's unfamiliar, autox is ~40-60s runs from courses made of cones in parking lots. You don't typically go above 60mph. 83 runs (last oil) is about
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking For Economical Vehicle by IndyIan @ 7 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LT4 VetteI saw a Mirage on the road today, they are very small. A Civic coupe would be a better car. A Civic coupe is nearly 50% more expensive at 18,300 vs. 12,900. I'd rather have the Civic too, but if funds are tight, $6k
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking about a new 1.0L Ecoboost Fiesta by badtlc @ 11 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Tuffy1760The 1.0 is not available in a hatchback... corect... ?? if you are towing behind an RV... you are not using the backseat for nothing more than groceries... Sounds like a blast that could be very popular in the future..
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: new GM 4.3L V-6 by Shannow @ 12 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A_HarmanOriginally Posted By: used_0il I was thinking more on the lines of connecting rod length, crank journal size, block deck height and not the 60s all over again. How so? The main bearing size is larger, the connecting
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Accord Hybrid by friendly_jacek @ 13 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ewag2983So my dad just traded in his 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid, had it for 51 weeks, put on 42k miles. Just traded it in for a fully loaded 2015 Honda Accord hybrid. Anybody heard much about these Accord hybrids yet or still just
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Mazda 6 oil filter by badtlc @ 14 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Clarence_IbaThere is a special filter for the Skyactiv, and the 7317 / 6607 isn't it. I'd use the OEM until the aftermarket manufacturers catch up. Wix already has one.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2nd uoa 2014 ford fiesta 1.0L ecoboost 14,367 mile by badtlc @ 15 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jimbrewerOriginally Posted By: badtlcIt does not come with an automatic option. Just more fuel for the fire about companies purposely shaving EPA numbers to sell more marked up automatics. When companies magically need to eek
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Elantra 1.8 by dlundblad @ 18 minutes 46 seconds ago

I bet our local dealer just uses bulk dino.. It says quaker state under the hood, but who knows. I wonder if they go with the sever or normal service OCI? I'm sure it can be done, but I'm still hesitant of going over 5000 miles on dino. I'm still s
Jump to new posts Re: Storing Car in Storage Facility by Bandito440 @ 21 minutes 57 seconds ago

I agree with extra air in the tires. If you're there on a regular basis, roll it a few inches. I don't know about the car being without power. Change the oil before storage. Use a full tank of the highest octane available and the blue marine St
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 VW GTI, one of the best under $30k? by supton @ 22 minutes 39 seconds ago

They might fare better with their different driving habits. They drive less miles per year and own cars for shorter periods of time.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: K&N Powersports Oil Filters by Franklim @ 26 minutes 43 seconds ago

[censored] !! I just took a look at 6 KN- 138 that I bought some time back and it all look the same as the 2 pics on top. Should I continue to use it ??
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Flag etiquette by gman2304 @ 28 minutes 18 seconds ago

I've always felt that Americans have died defending the flag in all kinds of weather, day and night, so I fly my flag above my garage door day and night in all kinds of weather 24/7....etiquette be dam?ed!
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Sausage by Shannow @ 29 minutes 59 seconds ago

I think it was invented (or copied) here before that. Local scout troup, when we had a functional cinema (long long time ago) would host a charity (scouts) movie night. They had a candy dispensing machine (chocolate coated peanuts and raisins), tha
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Battery Tester Lies? by Tegger @ 30 minutes 6 seconds ago

Try this first before you do anything else: Engine COLD, key OUT, engine OFF: 1) turn your headlights ON and wait ten minutes 2) turn the lights OFF again and wait 10 minutes 3) using an ordinary digital voltmeter (DVOM) set to VDC, touch the termin
Jump to new posts Re: Article about Cummins new V8 for the Titan by Shannow @ 38 minutes 12 seconds ago

My 2003 Nissan has an engine that was shared with Renault, I'm a bit wishy washy on where and what which bit was designed, but they share. Cummins has a factory in China, and I can buy a Foton Tunland 4x4 with Cummins diesel, ZF gearbox, and Dana di
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change or wait?? by zray @ 40 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Rolla07I put a bottle of CRC gas additive (emissions formula with pea) in my gas tank a few days ago and filled up with gas. I have 3/4 of a tank left but was planning on changing the oil tomorrow M1 EP 0w20 & a TRD filter f
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Proud of My Dad by Phishin @ 48 minutes 39 seconds ago

I thought I'd share this with you guys. My Dad is the general superintendent for a large construction firm in Minneapolis. Here is a promotional video of his current construction project: a new tissue/organ transplant facility. The very end of
Computers
Jump to new posts google earth does not show Panoramio photos by Trav @ 48 minutes 52 seconds ago

I have been looking for a solution to this problem for a long time, nothing worked. This does. Linux Mint 17 64 bit. Thought i would pass it on, thanks to the person that figured it out. My OS is Linux mint 16 64 bit and the installed google earth v
Jump to new posts Re: Vortec 4.3l v6 oil recommendation by millerbl00 @ 52 minutes 26 seconds ago

Keep the trans fluid changed...
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Underwood Ammunition by SS1970chrysler @ Today at 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Astro14Never done a chrono or serious accuracy test, but shoot PPU at the range fairly often and never had a problem. Good prices too, just bought 500 rounds of PPU 30-06 for my Garand for about $360. I've been satisfied with
Jump to new posts Re: Why Don't people enjoy driving a manual trans?? by SS1970chrysler @ Today at 06:43 AM

Oldest one I remember us having was my father's 1941 Studebaker Commander. He kept that car just over 50 years.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got terminated by rjundi @ Today at 06:42 AM

Hardwork is definitely an asset but playing the rest of the game well properly is key to success and sustaining a job in the corporate world and likely retail. Some folks posting have not learned this. It took me a few layoffs to realize I did not p
Jump to new posts Re: wiper blade "ritual" by KitaCam @ Today at 06:38 AM

I needed to "miracle glue spot-weld" the plastic jig to the blade arm this week...
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >