by Whimsey
03/30/15 10:26 PM
2015 Sportsman 850
by DNVDMAX
03/30/15 10:16 PM
Vinegar and baking soda mixture paste.
by southernjeeper
03/30/15 09:45 PM
Honda Ultra NEXT super-high VI motor oil?
by fourside
03/30/15 09:43 PM
uninterruptible autopilot system
by friendly_jacek
03/30/15 09:42 PM
Federal Agents Charged With Stealing Bitcoin
by OVERKILL
03/30/15 09:41 PM
Newest Members
MRKSTRK, 2015, gonzoe123, Bobi, wolfpackwrx
53382 Registered Users
Who's Online
23 registered (citationxeleven, chrisri, Blasar, asand1, bbhero, antik, 3 invisible), 563 Guests and 170 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53382 Members
66 Forums
228963 Topics
3659228 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cat food by Olas @ 9 minutes 34 seconds ago

I'm largely indifferent towards cats, if people want to house them then it's their own choice, but; I feel cat owners are irresponsible - how often do you see a cat owner walking their cat? Picking up its poop? Trying to stop it from killing songbi
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Flashing high beams at other drivers by Olas @ 19 minutes 20 seconds ago

On motorways in the UK we have three lanes. The law states that all vehicles must stay in the left lane except when overtaking, which must always be done on the right. Thre are idiots who don't observe these rules, they usually end up missing their
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Denso Spark Plugs for C5 Z06 Corvette by slowdime @ 23 minutes 21 seconds ago

Shouldn't be an issue. Even if you were to order oem plugs, ac delco doesn't make anything so denso could very well be the oem for the plugs on your vehicle.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What filter for 2007 IS250? by antik @ 27 minutes 27 seconds ago

^ That won't fit my IS250 plus I don't really want to wait 2+ weeks for a filter..
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bigger filter by used_0il @ 36 minutes 29 seconds ago

Thanks Mom; If the SAE 40 doesn't do it the filter will.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: paint transfer what products to use pic attached by The Critic @ 44 minutes 10 seconds ago

Try Mineral Spirits.
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Warm-Up Discussion. by Ducked @ 57 minutes 5 seconds ago

So, IF I understand this correctly, if I want to minimise wear (especially of the valve gear) at the expense of fuel consumption, I should put straight 40W in it. That's nice to know, since (due to "emergency" replacement following a fair
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap 2 tons jacks by Stewie @ Today at 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: 3800SeriesIv always made it a rule not to go cheap with things I trust to save my live from a 2 ton car crushing me. You never go under a car without jack stands
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Does Toyota make the best automotive a/c? by Falcon_LS @ Today at 02:20 AM

The best AC experience I had has been with Crown Vics and their siblings. Even at 135 F temperatures, which we regularly see during the summer, they have never let me down in terrible traffic.
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Duramax 12,200 km Duron 30 by used_0il @ Today at 02:19 AM

Read the engine warm-up discussion in technical and white papers, then come back here. What is the best approach for 150 cold winter starts? During the warm-up period, there is a period of time when the oil has thinned, but the heat activated addit
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Camry ran low on oil, what do you suggest? by Oro_O @ Today at 02:13 AM

You should look into the oil consumption thread on these engines in the correct sub-forum at Toyotanation.com. There is an active TSB on oil consumption in this engine and dealers are testing and repairing (new pistons and rings, I believe) from (I
Originally Posted By: Jiffy_ChrisThe cost of the gaskets themselves is not too high. It's the labor that kills it. If it was my car and I couldn't do it myself or have a friend help for a reasonable price then a head gasket means my car is done. Hate
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: No more Fram Ultra's at my Walmart by RazorsEdge @ Today at 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: gregk24It will be a sad day if my Walmart stops carrying them. They are my go-to filter for my Accord. Shop elsewhere,you can find them cheaper FYI.
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by MuzzleFlash40 @ Today at 01:29 AM

2004 Grand Marquis Out - Mobil 1 HM & Wix, 7.5k on OCI In - Same
Jump to new posts Re: Recommended oil weight for high mileage vehicle? by Nicholi2789 @ Today at 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: KuatoOriginally Posted By: Nicholi2789.... @Kuato: Obviously I need to do some reading and get a better understanding of multi-grade oils because I always thought 5W/40 and 0W/40 were for just European cars and sports cars. lol
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Oil Recommendations by ZeeOSix @ Today at 01:18 AM

Thanks Overkill! I was really impressed with the new Mustang GT the first time I test drove one. Ford did a great job of keeping the car civilized (quiet, good ride, shifts nice, etc), yet it really handles quite well and moves out when hammered. M
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR My car 2000 MB E430. Some years ago I filled 9 quarts into the 8.5 quarts sump, the level on dipstick was about 3/32" above full. The on-board computer kept displaying the message "oil overfilled, reduce oil l
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Ultra NEXT super-high VI motor oil? by Shannow @ Today at 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLI also find it reassuring that they are specifically stating not to use this oil in engines that don't call for it. Don't worry, someone who knows better will recommend it for BBC motorhomes within a week of it hittin
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD 5w30, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 5258 miles by 901Memphis @ Today at 12:53 AM

A little but of fuel, but I think you could safely pull off 7500 oci
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Kel Tec Sub 2000 by Robenstein @ Today at 12:50 AM

They are still overpriced from the days of panic buying. You used to be able to get them for 299 all day long. They are good little carbines.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendation for a 1965 Volvo 122S. by dovidan @ Today at 12:48 AM

I had 68 1800S & 122S wagon, and a 145S wagon. Those were great cars in their day. I agree with most everything UncleS2 said. Besides leaning how to adjust that valves learn how to adjust the SUs. Some can do it by ear but there is balancing t
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by Subdued @ Today at 12:46 AM

I kind of treat 8.1 more akin to a service pack, really. Windows 8 SP1. I can't really disagree with anything anyone else in this thread has said. Especially about corporate environments. We're just deploying Windows 7 now!
Jump to new posts Re: best place to get new struts by DBMaster @ Today at 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: slowdime started creaking like an old wooden ship on the high seas after a week. Excellent imagery here. Good turn of phrase!
Interesting Articles
Originally Posted By: 901MemphisOriginally Posted By: ThrotAm I having deja vu or what? I swear this exact thread was on here a couple months ago. You are correct this article is Feb 2014 and it's a repost at least once before here. Sorry gen
Originally Posted By: TravI have no problem with the performance of group III oils as long as they don't price it with group IV and V oils which in some places they do. The US consumer gets a good deal. I think there is more to the fuel economy angle
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >