Recent Topics
SIG 556 Thoughts
by Robenstein
09/17/14 04:14 AM
Oil for someone with rather severe driving habits
by SnowDrifter
09/17/14 02:32 AM
Does the time between oil changes matter?
by Jocko
09/17/14 12:57 AM
troy bilt mower wont startwhen warm
by dwsmith43
09/17/14 12:34 AM
Experiment comparing G12, Dex-Cool and Peak
by ChiaroBlue
09/17/14 12:06 AM
Oil for twin turbo USA made engine
by jllgd
09/16/14 11:01 PM
Steering problems on Toro rear engine riding mower
by Gizmo8800
09/16/14 10:43 PM
Alignment, rear toe, fix or leave it?
by actionstan
09/16/14 09:49 PM
TGMO 0W-20, 13 Avalon Hybrid
by dmack2
09/16/14 09:38 PM
Mobil 1 Custom Blend 0w30 - 4,000 mi, 2014 Mazda 3
by Artem
09/16/14 09:29 PM
Valvoline Next Gen
by ChevyBadger
09/16/14 09:18 PM
Valvoline SynPower 0w-20
by klt1986
09/16/14 08:57 PM
Newest Members
_diesel_, Glenno9, dwsmith43, Mathew_Boss, Scotthew
51323 Registered Users
Who's Online
21 registered (19jacobob93, Char Baby, dec219644, d00df00d, 01_celica_gt, 87sammy, 1 invisible), 609 Guests and 131 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51323 Members
64 Forums
219346 Topics
3461371 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Does the time between oil changes matter? by eljefino @ 41 seconds ago

It doesn't in your instance. If you drove the kids to the school bus stop 10x a week it would, but you warm it up.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for someone with rather severe driving habits by 19jacobob93 @ 2 minutes 13 seconds ago

MoS2 I find is very effective if you want to hit higher revs. Added it my engine it can now be taken to the redline in a smooth amd fairly quiet fashion, where as without any added, the thing vibrates and sounds like it will explode after 4000rpm! Co
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 GM 5.3 & 6.2 V8 OCI Cost by Garak @ 2 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitterI made that statement about my cousin. With an 8.5 qt. pan and him doing a M1 LOF every 4-5K miles, do you think his wallet will not feel those effects? He averages about 30-35K miles a year on a vehicle. You know
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alignment, rear toe, fix or leave it? by eljefino @ 2 minutes 38 seconds ago

Complimentary alignment or complimentary check? The former they get in and do stuff, the latter they try and convince you to pay up.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Delo 400 SD 15w30 by Lex94 @ 10 minutes 13 seconds ago

"It's not a synthetic per that statement by the spokesperson and it outperforms synthetics. Is that correct?" It is a highly scrubbed mineral oil and in terms of deposit control probably does out-perform "synthetics"...Being less
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New shocks transformed my truck by 19jacobob93 @ 12 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 951Indy^^^^ I've replaced many shocks/struts. I still don't believe the Gabriel Ultras caused an increased ride height. Maybe until the vehicle is driven. I agree there are shocks that CAN increase RH a very small amount, but
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Delvac Elite 222 0w30 by Garak @ 12 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowWill it fit in a post pack ? I've never mailed 20 L of oil before. I was on the phone with Imperial Oil yesterday and forgot to get the latest quote on the Delvac Elite 222 0w-30, but last time, I'm pretty sure it was u
Jump to new posts Re: 1. What kind of vehicle you have 2. What your owne by 19jacobob93 @ 18 minutes 59 seconds ago

What you say about the rings having to bed is true which is why the oil has no friction modifiers so will allow this to happen, but uses a high zinc content instead (which is probably more effective on cam lobes and main bearings rather than rings) s
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts SIG 556 Thoughts by Robenstein @ 21 minutes 42 seconds ago

Well I am looking for a new 5.56mm rifle. I was looking at the Sig 556 Classic. I like that it takes AR mags as I have a plethora of them. Anyone have experience with them?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Honda A01 CUT OPEN by David1 @ 37 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: David1The FRAM ULTRA is a great oil filter but its made for many engines.. Who knows if the bypass is the exact factory spec. Fram wouldn't specify the Ultra for your car if the filter's design spec
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Big brothering by Discount Tires by d00df00d @ Today at 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: geeman789Understeer equals drivers fault. Too fast for conditions. Oversteer equals cars fault, tires fault, TIRE STORES FAULT. Hope you're talking about people's perceptions of fault and not the reality. If it's perception
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Is Internet Explorer pretty good now? by wirelessF @ Today at 03:21 AM

Decided to uninstall/reinstall Chrome. Found the 64-bit version and runs much better now. I used a modified hosts file to block ads. Some websites cry when you use adblockers, I see page not available instead.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Stewart to face Grand Jury by Hounds @ Today at 02:50 AM

As Judge Solomon Wachtler of the NY Court of Appeals famously remarked, "a competent prosecutor can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich." IMHO, the DA in this case, Michael Tantillo, wouldn't be going forward if he didn't already know
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Need adhesive advice by Trav @ Today at 02:41 AM

Is that the tape with the red plastic pull off strip? That's the one i use, i think the one i linked to is the same because i bought it at advance but maybe not, Try the adhesive promoter, the difference in bond strength between that and alcohol is
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 Recommendation by used_0il @ Today at 02:30 AM

That link was a very brief description of changes compared to the 2014 Corvette one which took hours to read. The increase in sump capacity is North American auto makers catching up to the rest of the world. That, along with an oil cooler, impro
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for twin turbo USA made engine by jllgd @ Today at 02:03 AM

It's a Rodeck aluminum race engine. What about the Castrol Edge TWS 10w-60? Imagine engine is to be run in high ambient temp areas. I see some discussions that concludes that the ambient temp does not matter. Not sure if I fully agree to that but an
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: MUST be LEVEL for ATF Change by SumpChump @ Today at 01:29 AM

This discussion has done great job at exposing the awesomely varied thought processes. Type 1: "aw it ain't a big deal..close enough good enough" Type 2: "I don't know and I wonder..." Type 3: "measure this" Type 4: &qu
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO 0W-20, 13 Avalon Hybrid by asharris7 @ Today at 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: gregk24Originally Posted By: Artem^ I was going to say that as well... but then again, 40k for a Toyota is technically just breaking in, considering that this engine should easily do 300k+ Your right about that. You're
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: stainless steel Dishwasher interiors by Bandito440 @ Today at 12:57 AM

I have very hard water from my well. I keep the stainless interior on my GE in good shape with either Cascade Platinum or Finish Quantam plus Lemi Shine rinse aid (citric acid) in the liquid rinse dispenser. If it starts to build up even with the q
Jump to new posts Re: Under Valve cover Pics - 122,XXX mile 6G74 by Falcon_LS @ Today at 12:55 AM

Running a quality ACEA accredited synthetic goes a long way in Mitsubishi engines. I've got 400,000 km (250,000 mi) on mine and it's been almost 8 years since I last did my valve seals. That was ~216,000 km (135,000 mi) ago. I would suggest an inli
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Small Particle MoS2 Settling Time by Clevy @ Today at 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: RosettaYes, I got as personal attacks, when someone say that my statments are stupid or that I throw Darts, before their huge cabedal of knowledge. Nobody knew about the Brownian Movement before I did bring it up to this thread,
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline SynPower 0w-20 by SLCraig @ Today at 12:44 AM

You basically can't find a bad 0w20 oil. I would use it that's for sure. I have only used SynPower in 5w20 flavor but it worked excellently.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought an '09 Camry, any good forums ? by Lolvoguy @ Today at 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: supton * Speaking of power steering fluid, this is the only site I've been on where people talk about changing this fluid. Only on German car sites do they talk about changing brake fluid. Yet a great deal of people seem to go
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota Isis, omy. by Silk @ Today at 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Vikas Hindustan Ambassador; That's the Morris Oxford, a 4 cyl car.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts troy bilt mower wont startwhen warm by dwsmith43 @ Today at 12:34 AM

My troybilt 21 in. Lawn mower. Brigs and stratton eng. 6.75 hp.mod# 126T02-0675-B2. 10072757. Auto choke and auto prime. Starts on first pull every cold start. If I dare let it turn off, such as to empty bag. It will not restart till engine is cool.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >