Recent Topics
Pennzoil Synthetic Blend (At least 50% syn) quest.
by wemay
07/22/14 02:03 PM
B2300 tuneup; things that make you say hmmmmm.
by simple_gifts
07/22/14 01:51 PM
online tool for drilling templates?
by dwcopple
07/22/14 01:42 PM
Motorcraft CAF from Walmart
by Whimsey
07/22/14 11:54 AM
F1 - 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix
by gofast182
07/22/14 11:44 AM
My wife's "new" BMW!
by Patman
07/22/14 11:39 AM
VOA for Pennzoil Ultra Platinum?
by Pajero
07/22/14 11:35 AM
New fully synthetic filter media - Mahle
by route66mike
07/22/14 11:35 AM
RJ Reynolds ordered to pay Robinson $25 billion
by OVERKILL
07/22/14 10:08 AM
My Oil Choices delivering pizzas
by AvoidTheNoid
07/22/14 09:41 AM
gas & diesel now only 10 cents apart
by Donald
07/22/14 09:37 AM
Complete Redline Synthetic Harley Oil/Fluid Change
by Climb14er
07/22/14 09:11 AM
Newest Members
Iroll, CMTG, Kneedragger37, Constantly, jimmy69stebbins
50712 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (andrewg, 05LGTLtd, 1345, 901Memphis, 94 saturn sl1 2000 saturn sc2, 8 invisible), 2172 Guests and 220 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50712 Members
64 Forums
216633 Topics
3409165 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Here's a recipe that I was given some time ago for a NC style, vinegar based BBQ. It is supposed to be similar to that served by Doumar's BBQ in Norfolk, VA. Before everyone gets all upset; Yes, I recognize the heresy of suggesting a crock-pot BBQ.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW 502 to 504 really worth it? by Quattro Pete @ 53 seconds ago

Back to the original question of 502 vs 504, this guy seems to think the full SAPS ester-based 502 oil is actually better for DI... Quote:From other related tests I have always advocated the use of 502/505 spec oil (genuine full group IV or better
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Mileage Interval Until Synthetic Use by BusyLittleShop @ 1 minute 59 seconds ago

How do you know if break is done??? take a compression test... if your engine shows factory compression then break in is complete... if your engine shows less than factory compression then more break in is require... how long you take is up to you...
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra's XG9688 by BrianC @ 4 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Swift101Has anyone tired the XG9688 on a Hyundai/Kia, I'm interested in getting this filter but don't want any valvetrain noise. Yes, on both a '12 Sonata & '13 Sonata, both 2.4L, no issues. I don't think anyone will ha
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by dave5358 @ 4 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251To answer your question. Since the manufacture has to fund the entire process for certification it is a calculated risk. If the certification allows the manufacture to sell more product then the certificate is worth the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: people need to get with the times around here.rant by SteveSRT8 @ 5 minutes 19 seconds ago

We work for a variety of folks, but our biz is tailored to the wealthy. Overwhelmingly I find them to be excellent to work for. Easy to define exactly what they want, able to pay and promptly do so, and they are not ones to complain. These are grea
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: RJ Reynolds ordered to pay Robinson $25 billion by eljefino @ 5 minutes 28 seconds ago

Why are tobacco companies fighting so hard to keep ingredient labels off their product? Massachusetts tried to get a list back in 1997. We know about "pink slime" in mcnuggets because food comes under a different jurisdiction.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: B2300 tuneup; things that make you say hmmmmm. by michaelluscher @ 6 minutes 3 seconds ago

I know in the old days there was a simple pairing Mopar / Champion GM / Delco Ford / Motorcraft or Autolite I'm an NGK person, and just put them in my 305, but since some cars can be picky, I'd lean towards the OEM plug.
Jump to new posts Re: 96 VW Golf 2L Symptom of a failing fuel pump RELAY by antiqueshell @ 12 minutes 19 seconds ago

@The_Eric: I believe that the buzzing sound IS coming from the rear seat area, which is where the pump is located. I am going to keep this car, I have NO issues with this car until now and it is nearly 19 years old now, it isn't driven more than 2
Jump to new posts Re: DIY Upper Intake Cleaning - DI Engines by Quattro Pete @ 14 minutes 14 seconds ago

Maybe this is specific engine dependent, but some new hypothesis suggests that catch cans don't really help much, because there are other reasons why these deposits form... Quote:A major breakthrough has occurred recently on the build-up issue and t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Glendora, CA homeowners water conservation efforts by SteveSRT8 @ 14 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DBMasterOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8Tough crowd, do your job as Governor and get blasted anyway... If you were knowledgeable about the Texas constitution (that has been amended over 450 times) you would know how little poli
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: gas & diesel now only 10 cents apart by stephen9666 @ 23 minutes 21 seconds ago

While out at lunch today I noticed that there's a pretty big spread in price between gas and diesel in my area. Regular gas at a busy local Conoco station is $3.20 Diesel at the same station is $3.79
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Pennzoil Synthetic Blend (At least 50% syn) quest. by wemay @ 27 minutes 49 seconds ago

It advises "at least 50% synthetic base stocks" Does this mean at least 50% GrpIII? Many Bitogers feel that conventional SN oils are partly formulated with some GrpIII as well. I wonder where the cutt-off is for a manufacturer to designa
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Any additives that offer "the full package" by dave5358 @ 30 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251You have written a very elaborate post without answering the question. How can anyone formulate an engine oil additive that has an positive effect on machinery while not affecting the balance and performance many differe
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant color has changed to light brown by Merkava_4 @ 30 minutes 58 seconds ago

Mixing different colors of coolant together could've caused this too. Doesn't blue and green mixed together make yellow? Or is it blue and yellow makes green?
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Great news from Farnborough Air Show! by andrewg @ 31 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Astro14I could spend hours in the Udvar-Hazy Center...in fact, I have...If you're an aviation buff - I really recommend it! Someday in the near future I very much intend on doing just that.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Real mechanics don't use Walmart oil filters by DSparks @ 32 minutes 8 seconds ago

Sorry bout that...have a box of 51516 iirc for that one....had 3 of them ..got rid of a couple recently...its the skinny long one.
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed by 05LGTLtd @ 37 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: budhoehnthinking about going to T6 or M1 0/40 M1 0w-40 would be my vote. Sample at 4k oci and proceed as you feel comfortable. It may shear down to a 30 grade oil in short order, but that's ok. Just use a short interval t
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Do hot female mechanics actually exist? by ARB1977 @ 38 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacekWhat, no pictures?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: online tool for drilling templates? by EdwardC @ 38 minutes 24 seconds ago

Will you be hand drilling with a drill press or something? If it doesn't need to be CNC perfect, I would just draw it up in autocad and print it 1:1. You could probably do the same for something simple like that in Powerpoint. I would probably dril
Jump to new posts Re: My Oil Choices delivering pizzas by Astro14 @ 40 minutes 22 seconds ago

Your Corolla is of the vintage that has the ring problem. You're delivering pizzas with this car, so spending a ton of money on it makes little sense. Buy oil on sale, using rebates, clearance, whatever and keep adding oil...that's your cheapest op
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with trade in decision. by Tdbo @ 42 minutes 25 seconds ago

Good call.
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcraft CAF from Walmart by Whimsey @ 43 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04I've done the "ship to store" several times before. The biggest variable is the time that it takes the item to arrive. Sometimes it is the next day... sometimes it can be a week and a half. But... it wor
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Living beyond your means by A_Harman @ 44 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete Originally Posted By: A_Harman It at least saves you paying the additional interest in excess of the purchase price on a depreciating asset. And again, that is only looking at one part of the equation. On the ot
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cause of Purolator Media Tears by sayjac @ 45 minutes 3 seconds ago

Quote:....That or Purolator changed the spec by reducing the thickness in an effort to cut costs... Well that's one conspiracy theory. Check back when you can prove it.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >