by Sam2000
04/19/14 02:57 PM
2006 Honda Accord LX detail *with IRON-X*
by gregk24
04/19/14 02:48 PM
Income multiples and large purchases
by Sam2000
04/19/14 02:37 PM
cut a few ...which one ya want to see first???...
by DSparks
04/19/14 02:11 PM
Scrub Oak Leaves; rake or mulch???
by Drew99GT
04/19/14 02:06 PM
QSUD $2.99 Qt after Mendards $2 Rebate
by MDS
04/19/14 12:23 PM
All about Chlorine
by expat
04/19/14 12:00 PM
A thumbs up for Fluid Film
by Rick in PA
04/19/14 11:43 AM
M1 0w40 SM vs SN formula
by Patman
04/19/14 11:31 AM
Super Genius Honey Badger
by buster
04/19/14 11:06 AM
List of Licensed Dexos 1 Brands ...
by Warstud
04/19/14 10:41 AM
Newest Members
BryanM, otbevo, AF_CyberDude, JDMHero47, Laethageal
49619 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (77GrandPrix, 440Magnum, AndrewD, aquariuscsm, 1kickbuttranger, Benoit, 7 invisible), 2131 Guests and 213 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49619 Members
64 Forums
212112 Topics
3324647 Posts

Max Online: 2605 @ 04/19/14 12:41 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: These "all weather tires" vs performance snow tire by edyvw @ 3 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ken2Edy, I know that regular snows will wear quickly in summer. But, how about a tire like the Nokian WR G3..."the Nokian WR G3 SUV feels at home in the varying North American weather conditions with excellent winter grip
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: cut a few ...which one ya want to see first???... by ZeeOSix @ 10 minutes 13 seconds ago

It's cool you have access to all of these used oil filters to cut open. If any Purolators come through, need to cut those open for sure to look for torn media.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Filter - Date based longevity by ZeeOSix @ 12 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ProviOriginally Posted By: 901MemphisProvi, nice information! To the OP, FWIW, Fram considers old stock of 8 years or more to be shipped back to them. I would say that is a conservative estimate based on their part, so call
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Funny piece on USA Soccer World Cup "Uniforms" by shDK @ 12 minutes 35 seconds ago

If the idiot writing this thing had a bit of pride in his work. He would have read up on things. And he would know that you do not become offside by runing by the defender's. You become offside when you are behind the defender's before a pass against
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Mills Fleet Farm firearms policy by spasm3 @ 19 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: mattwithcatsWe just need to let technology catch up, and title all guns, with a record kept of hammer and bullet marks. This would need to be done only once in a guns life, so long as no changes are made to the gun, and would t
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Bell-ray 10w40 Full Syn by Warstud @ 19 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MackelroyI thought you meant $40 was for a couple quarts, OMG!!! $40 for a quart on amazon, what the Heck is going on, that's insane. But Ive seen at local shops for 18 or 19 and that's rediculous It shows a liter but it's 4
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Am I flushing $$ by ZeeOSix @ 21 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gathermewoolYes, you are. Change the oil and leave the filter be for another interval. Yep, if your engine is clean and you don't drive tons of stop & go driving then the Ultra can go for two 7K OCIs for a total of 14K of
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: 28 Pictures by spasm3 @ 23 minutes 14 seconds ago

Thanks, i good some good laughs from those.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: The best built oil filter in your opinion ? by ZeeOSix @ 23 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GMBoySo based on what I read here, most of us may agree that Fram holds the honors of making the worst and best filters. Orange can being the worst (or rather overpriced in comparison to other filters) and the Ultra being at the
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Q for Machinist by tom slick @ 30 minutes 17 seconds ago

Broaching info I'm sure that part is plastic and tapered because it was injection molded. Injection molding is cheap and it can have a lot of details. It it tapered to use less material and makes it easier to get out of the mold. I'd make it out
Industrial- Other / Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil compressor oil. Bad fail! (Pictures) by MolaKule @ 32 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommyIs this moly that has settled out?? Oldtommy If it is an ashless formulation it can't be moly. What settled out is most likely the rust and corrosion inhibiting agent. The only other component in compressor oils
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Income multiples and large purchases by riff1006 @ 36 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Sam2000So you're saying someone earning $50k can afford a $40k vehicle? But what do you think someone should spend as a % of their income? No, they take you're gross income and use the ratio to compute the total amount of pay
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Nissan Frontier - TPMS Replacement Question by CBR.worm @ 37 minutes 4 seconds ago

I have found the same info as Garak. I recently replaced my G35 TPMS sensors - at about 130k the batteries started dying so I replaced them all with new Schrader brand sensors that looked like the OE ones, they have the metal stem and nut for better
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: As If Nitrogen Filling Is Special? by Ken2 @ 41 minutes 20 seconds ago

Nobody is down on using nitrogen to inflate tires. We're only down on paying for it. I'll take free 100% dry nitrogen any day. There are plenty of air driers available at moderate cost for air compressors. Somebody in the shop has to care enough
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: VW's not all bad just abused... by ls1mike @ 45 minutes 29 seconds ago

Best post ever. I laughed pretty hard at that one
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Scrub Oak Leaves; rake or mulch??? by mattwithcats @ 46 minutes 39 seconds ago

I have not raked leaves in 20 years.... Mulch... Get a bag of limestone next time your in a hardware store, (Lowes). It's just chalk, won't hurt you a bit...
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Rotating Tires...cross vs straight front to back? by Ken2 @ 48 minutes 26 seconds ago

Refusing to cross rotate radial ply tires are probably the same old dogs who still talk about 10 ply tires. Both are old, old facts that should have been dead and buried long ago.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: List of Licensed Dexos 1 Brands ... by wemay @ 49 minutes 31 seconds ago

Yeah, wouldnt be surprised.
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: What additives could remain undetected by V/UOA by MolaKule @ 49 minutes 31 seconds ago

Three of the ashless (non-metallic) additives to be introduced early on were the sulferized minerals oils, the VIIs, the GMO friction modifiers, and the succinimide dispersants, in that approximate order.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 - 0w40 - Panamera - 6000km ( possible rod by ProStreetCamaro @ 51 minutes 20 seconds ago

That doesnt sound like a rod knock to me. A rod knock produces a very deep hard knocking sound. Not sure what that noise is but I don't think it is a rod knock. Also if you had a rod knock you would have a ton of wear metals in the oil.
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Do AC Delco make the best air filters? A real test by GatorJ @ 53 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TrevorSDid you go to the link? They achieved 99.93% efficiency. Virtually no dust got through and it held more dust than the others for the same increase in pressure. I can't find any info to suggest other air filters are bett
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New today 2014 Elantra oil recommendation. by Ken2 @ 54 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DannoInteresting that the manual "recommends" Quaker Sate, my dealer uses Castrol. Go figure. As stated above, Shell pays to get the QS recommendation in the book. The dealer is an independent business and will buy w
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: 19 year old arrested due to using Heartbleed by ProStreetCamaro @ 59 minutes 55 seconds ago

The idiot didnt use an encrypted vpn to cover his tracks which just shows he is a complete noob. I run a 256 bit encrypted vpn 100% of the time I am online. A few years ago I used to get warnings from my provider and RIAA about downloading and sharin
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 Honda Accord LX detail *with IRON-X* by Quattro Pete @ Today at 02:51 PM

Nice work! What are your thoughts on Meguiars Ultimate wash/wax? I'm still stuck on Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo, but I think I need to try something new next time.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Another detail - Polish & Wax by gregk24 @ Today at 02:50 PM

Great as always Critic!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >