by Doog
04/30/16 11:03 AM
F250 Rear Diff Fill Plug Seized
by Mantooth
04/30/16 10:48 AM
What oil should I use for 2000 cavalier that burns
by SeasonalEclipse
04/30/16 10:47 AM
Why is HDEO better for OPE, than regular oil?
by NH73
04/30/16 09:53 AM
CASTROL EDGE 5W-40 FST no ACEA A3/B4 ?
by alcyon
04/30/16 09:53 AM
Mower Lift
by Wingman
04/30/16 08:42 AM
Yokohama AVID Acend 195/60R15. $190
by Sam_Julier
04/30/16 07:24 AM
Hate those adds that start with, "Lean 1 weird ...
by OneEyeJack
04/30/16 05:11 AM
How Much Olive Oil Do You Use?
by GrtArtiste
04/30/16 03:20 AM
Newest Members
paydase, Scopx, speedysmitty, hdwizard21, raihan
57751 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (alcyon, 2015_PSD, abycat, alarmguy, alphadog, acmesupply, 7 invisible), 2038 Guests and 98 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57751 Members
66 Forums
248249 Topics
4059306 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: New 2016 428IX convertible- 0W20 by MCompact @ 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Travis99LS1 Ahh the M235 is such a sweet ride! Have you checked out the new M2? I got to take one out for a few miles..sweet fuq that's an awesome car. If I wasn't just a stoopid BMW mokanique that's what I'd be ripping around t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: spec that measures ability of oil to cool an engin by paulri @ 1 minute 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspMight be barking up the wrong tree. Reduction of friction related heating may be what you are experiencing, if anything to do with the oil at all. Barking up the wrong tree is entirely possible, that's why I asked h
Jump to new posts Re: What oil should I use for 2000 cavalier that burns by SatinSilver @ 1 minute 46 seconds ago

I probably wouldn't do another oil change after this one till 6mos/5k miles. Since the person that will be driving it never changed the oil. The last one was at least 6 plus years ago assuming it was changed prior to changing hands.
Jump to new posts Re: Any GTX users? by BrocLuno @ 2 minutes 48 seconds ago

Still run it in the Harley
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator Pureone media tearing still an issue? by jk_636 @ 5 minutes 14 seconds ago

It is good to be back and see that nothing has changed... OP you are safe. No issue now...never an issue before. But having said that...I am very dissapointed with Purolator. There new "Boss" sounds great and all (the construction mi
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using Spline Sockets? by JHZR2 @ 10 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kb27A couple of times I used the spline on a stuck hex nut. It actually rounded off the hex nut. I don't have much confidence using spline anymore. Thing is, what's to say that 12 point hex wouldn't round off? My preference i
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: F250 Rear Diff Fill Plug Seized by donnyj08 @ 11 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoogPB blaster....soak for a day then tighten it a bit then loosen. +1 and if it still wont budge re-apply PB blaster and wait a couple hours and put a little heat to it. PB blaster doesn't catch fire easily.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire ply description as listed on sidewall by Reddy45 @ 11 minutes 53 seconds ago

If we are talking about radial tires, then ply count isn't really a true indicator since the term isn't applicable. Load range would be the newer metric to follow since it has a more graduated and consistent scale. http://www.sttc.com/resources/t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Natural medicine - Child dies of meningitis by d00df00d @ 13 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspI sure won't feel bad for them no matter what they get. I think they should get what's coming to them, but I'd feel pretty bad for them. Suffering sucks, even when it's earned.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: How Much Olive Oil Do You Use? by JHZR2 @ 19 minutes 43 seconds ago

We go through nearly a gallon of the Costco Kirkland organic stuff per year, though we've started using a lot more coconut and avocado oil in recent years. There are two high end olive oil and vinegar shops around here, one in my town and one in the
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Best USA Produced Olive Oil by mcrn @ 20 minutes 25 seconds ago

http://www.delish.com/food/news/a39976/best-american-made-olive-oils/ http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303382004579129730232996324
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: How often do you run malware bytes? by paulri @ 21 minutes 10 seconds ago

Windows 10 has a native antimalware client, Windows Defender, running 24/7, so I use the freebie MWB version once a month, just to double check.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Post up pictures of your cats! by simple_gifts @ 21 minutes 41 seconds ago

Big fan of Silk's cat. Presently catless, but a friend of mine has a cat we refer to as "Chairman Meow"; his favorite place is on top of the microwave after it has been used.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Japan taking over the motorcycle industry by Jarlaxle @ 26 minutes 7 seconds ago

So...did you not actually READ the post, or did you choose to ignore it when replying?
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Little Red (aka my '00 VW GTI) by wavinwayne @ 27 minutes 41 seconds ago

I wish it still looked as good as it does in those pictures. I'll post some new pics later today if I have time to give her a wash.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Warstud @ 35 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Stelth That's a pretty good jam. You should like this one.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Air pressure question by totegoat @ 37 minutes 36 seconds ago

I run 80 in the rear and 65 in front. Tires wear evenly across tred. Rears are currently 1/32 less than fronts. Will rotate at 5K or so. 3500 SRW Ram 4x4 towing 10,000lbs.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Microgreen 301-1 by WellOiled @ 43 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: UncleDave Whats is frams test procedure for their 2 stage filters- or filters with a built in bypass? UD UncleDave - to my knowledge Fram does not offer a combined full flow filter with a bypass filter. The test is not a Fra
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: QS Filter Miles by Ihatetochangeoil @ 44 minutes 2 seconds ago

Sorry guys, I'm not impressed. A 95% efficiency rating at 20 microns is a beta ratio of 20. http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/564/filter-beta-ratios Each step up on the beta ratio chart, the number of particles downstream is ONE HALF the prev
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: fixing the t/a by turtlevette @ 44 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleI wonder if it has been regeared...fooling around with a gear ratio/RPM calculator, you would seem to need 3.73's to get those RPM/MPH numbers. I doubt it. The old title shows a woman owned it for a long time. Its h
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Why is HDEO better for OPE, than regular oil? by 2015_PSD @ 52 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: doitmyselfThe oils branded by Kohler, Kawasaki, Exmark, etc. are all rated HDEO. No need to pay extra for theirs, when Rotella, Chevron, and others are available at very reasonable prices.Especially since the OEM oils are likel
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would I be crazy if I did this: by Doog @ 53 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111 You can get $7k for a car with 200k mi? That's amazing! What about VVT screens? The last 2 brought $7,000. vvt screens never touch them unless I get a CEL
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO 0W20 7700 miles UOA by CATERHAM @ 56 minutes 1 second ago

I would think so. Doesn't Fram claim an even longer duration for their Ultra long drain filter? What you could do if you still have the used filter with 15K on it, is to cut it open to determine first hand how clogged it is, if at all.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 by edyvw @ 58 minutes 2 seconds ago

Helix is great oil, there is no any doubt about that. But people get hooked up on these marketing tricks.
Jump to new posts Re: Any suggestions for 0W20 oil? by virginoil @ 58 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BrasilenoRedline 0W-20, from Amazon.com. High moly, it's an amazing product, and it's technically the thinnest 0W-30 around. All goodness. And yes, I have used this is previous as well as present vehicles.. either standalone,
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >