Recent Topics
what does the foam sleeve do on a wet dry vac?
by motor_oil_madman
3 minutes 47 seconds ago
VL Maxlife Syn to Mobil 1 HM
by GMBoy
31 minutes 48 seconds ago
1990 Jeep Wagoneer Limited - help?
by HawkeyeScott
31 minutes 49 seconds ago
Shelf life for oil?
by Noey
36 minutes 14 seconds ago
Help, My transmission repair is leaking badly.
by handyman
47 minutes 1 second ago
Cold Weather Oil Storage Recommendations
by SwedishRider
Today at 05:21 PM
Advancing odometer mileage rapidly
by JHZR2
Today at 05:19 PM
'01 Zetec: What would you use, just for fun
by fdcg27
Today at 05:11 PM
Need some expertise!
by FSully1
Today at 05:09 PM
Wow at all the information here
by krunk
Today at 04:45 PM
Any harm in using higher octane?
by gregk24
Today at 04:12 PM
Help Setting Garage Door Remote
by coopns
Today at 03:44 PM
Newest Members
Stanimal, Sharon, LuisGzz, dee242, OilNovice
51976 Registered Users
Who's Online
115 registered (147_Grain, 1999nick, afree, AandPDan, 901Memphis, 4wheeldog, 6 invisible), 1637 Guests and 164 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51976 Members
64 Forums
222494 Topics
3521432 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts what does the foam sleeve do on a wet dry vac? by motor_oil_madman @ 4 minutes 41 seconds ago

Ok I bought a 16 gallon craftsman wet/dry vac and it has a foam sleeve that goes over the filter. I can't get it to go over the filter. Also i'm not sure when to use it. Is it just a pre filter that makes the paper filter last longer?
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2 cycle oil, water cooled vs. air cooled by Rand @ 5 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CT8Think about the content of the article beyond the name brand of the oil. The article basically tells the differences between the oil ratings. Think! I would "think" oils are different now than 20 years ago. And o
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Honda Fit battery dilemma by Stanimal @ 8 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ltslimjimMy friend put an Odyssey in his 2007 Fit Sport; not sure which model, but it look so tiny! He gets great mileage and no problems in probably 2 years with it now. He does some auto cross with it etc, not too really extre
Jump to new posts Re: Diagnose failing water pump. 98 Chevy Truck by wolfehunter @ 9 minutes 20 seconds ago

I tried the easy out and felt like I had a good bite but ended up chewing and crumbling the existing metal up. It was too corroded. Of course the easy out has nothing left to bite to. So does that mean I will be pulling off the intake? I never us
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: best stop leak additive by zray @ 10 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dee242Yeah i didnt actually use silicone as a head gasket But as chris 142 said thats what your suppose to do maby ill just leave everything connected pull the valve covers lift the gead with an engine crane and try and get some
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Synthetic Atf by pjc360 @ 10 minutes 53 seconds ago

The only thing scaring me away from maxlife is the seal conditioners that's in it for higher mileage transmissions.
Jump to new posts Re: Help, My transmission repair is leaking badly. by OVERKILL @ 15 minutes 48 seconds ago

Buy the proper torque wrench to gauge the torque correct for starters.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: VL Maxlife Syn to Mobil 1 HM by DirtyMoe21 @ 17 minutes 24 seconds ago

It won't hurt to try it out. My vote goes to Mobil 1. I've tried out other other oils and always come back to good ole Mobil 1.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Honda Fit getting a 1999 Miata battery by Stanimal @ 17 minutes 57 seconds ago

Our 2nd 151R battery for the 09 (bought in 12/08) Fit Sport is starting to show signs of weakness. IMO, less than 3 years per battery is pretty bad. Might be due to the undersized battery. Although it doesn't help that we start it an average of 7-8
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Design of the GEC "Erith" 500MW Turbines, 1965 by OVERKILL @ 20 minutes 48 seconds ago

HE turbine design is a fascinating topic. Thank you so much for sharing Shannow! My great grandfather was involved extensively in turbine design for GE with a large swath of patents in cooling system innovation bearing his name. It is subsequently a
Jump to new posts Re: '01 Zetec: What would you use, just for fun by DirtyMoe21 @ 21 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: skyactivI'm more interested in seeing in seeing a UOA from the Meijer oil, so run that. +1
Jump to new posts Re: 1990 Jeep Wagoneer Limited - help? by Nick1994 @ 21 minutes 51 seconds ago

It's very clean, but as someone who has been around and worked on Jeep Cherokee's (that's what this is), they're asking too much. NADA is smoking crack. The Jeep 4.0L is a bulletproof motor, and the transmission being made by Aisin (Toyota) is a grea
Jump to new posts Re: Wow at all the information here by krunk @ 22 minutes 17 seconds ago

Oh yea and I just remembered why I was considering full synthetic. Because the jug of Mobil 1 that I saw (which my understanding is that all Mobil 1 is full synthetic) was not much higher then blends I had seen. Lot of the driving is on the hwy. A
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil1 prices go up.. by wemay @ 24 minutes 44 seconds ago

Just use the Castrol Edge. As stated, its $21.66/jug.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Weird private-label tire names by methusaleh @ 25 minutes 4 seconds ago

I haven't heard of any of the ones mentioned here, but I got a good chuckle from them! I've seen "Power King"-- as if the tire is going to magically add 50HP to the engine or something. And something along the lines of "The Force&quo
Jump to new posts Re: Bleeding Master Cylinder on car by tommygunn @ 26 minutes 1 second ago

Do they make speed bleeders for your car? If you choose to buy them, avoid Dorman brand.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Any harm in using higher octane? by 4wheeldog @ 27 minutes 5 seconds ago

I am betting you have some carbon to burn off. I would run a tank of 89, with a (Big......20oz) bottle of Techron, and give it a daily "Italian tuneup" while running through that tank. Then, back to 87, and continue the daily "Tuneu
Jump to new posts Re: Advancing odometer mileage rapidly by 901Memphis @ 29 minutes 30 seconds ago

200 miles man? Just fix it and slap it back together.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota red antifreeze by CKN @ 30 minutes 29 seconds ago

I was making a point they can charge whatever they want...for whatever products-it doesn't matter. Even if what you say is true - your point is still cloudy as to charging a few bucks over list for coolant and $5,000.00 over list for a certain model
Jump to new posts Re: Clamp vs weld exhaust, can you weld a new muffler by dailydriver @ 32 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TallPaulYou really need to be right there to watch them do it. The one I go to (which is the ONLY one in my whole area able to weld 304 stainless together) actually WANTS you to watch so that they can adjust the height, and th
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Shelf life for oil? by Noey @ 32 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dparmYears. Maybe a decade. There really isn't a shelf life, to be honest. Really? The additives don't degrade with time?
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State 0W20 Oil - Is it any Good? by CT8 @ 34 minutes 46 seconds ago

TGMO is special !!! Lots of v.i.
Jump to new posts Re: need help with grinding noise (pictures) by friendly_jacek @ 36 minutes 41 seconds ago

The 3rd generation has a few different recurring problems, but bearing failing at low miles is not one of them. Mine actually had both front bearings replaced fairly recently, but only because they were damaged when dealership replaced a tranny under
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Bad fuel? by wemay @ 40 minutes 12 seconds ago

It was very faint and possibly wouldn't be noticed by most. But the higher OCD sensitivity towards anything vehicle related by a bitoger made me very aware it was there. I will monitor but thankfully it's gone. And by gone I mean, there when I rolled
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota / Lexus front fascia styling by Noey @ 46 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wirelessFOriginally Posted By: NoeyAh, toyota, what a feeling. When you have no distinguishable history, something that readily identifies what your car is and thru the ages to folks who dont even know or care of cars..say the
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >