by Donald
07/05/15 08:15 AM
Kohler 26HP excessive consumption
by lawman1909
07/05/15 07:58 AM
My 'magic' oil - Valvoline Synpower 20W50
by SoNic67
07/05/15 06:31 AM
Pay as you go phones & Verizon cell towers?
by BobsArmory
07/05/15 06:30 AM
What do these 2 numbers mean?
by oilchangeguy
07/05/15 05:49 AM
Hign Mileage Oil
by jake9364
07/05/15 05:34 AM
Pennzoil PP/PUP $10 off and Free Fram Ultra Filter
by Tony_Mack
07/05/15 05:09 AM
Amazon Deal on Pennzoil PP 6qts for $27
by Tony_Mack
07/05/15 05:00 AM
Moderate Oil Seepage from Strut - Normal?
by The Critic
07/05/15 02:54 AM
oil pressure and oil temp gage aftermarket
by alcyon
07/04/15 11:21 PM
Amazon has some specials on Mobil 1 oils in 5quart
by mongo161
07/04/15 10:55 PM
Newest Members
mvilaca, Lube_Tech, MJAttic, anylettuce, bjb1273
54586 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (04SE, aquariuscsm, 2bitsamile, Avery4, asand1, 7 invisible), 1484 Guests and 113 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54586 Members
66 Forums
233848 Topics
3756254 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suzuki blower motor by skyactiv @ 7 seconds ago

I've always liked the Japanese assembled Kizashi. The fit and finish seemed better than other Japanese makes dollar for dollar even though it has it quirks. Hopefully the dealer has the parts or can obtain them quick if you have them fix it.
Jump to new posts Re: 3800 series II, how likely to need LIM gasket by GerGa @ 1 minute 22 seconds ago

In reply to above posts, the only car with series III in 04 is the Grand Prix. This guy has a Buick Lesabre, which never got the series III. zzyzzx, The aluminum coolant elbows proabably didn't come on any 3800's, and your 99' Alero would have plas
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Kubota L3130 - Oil Filter Bypass by SavagePatch @ 6 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GarakIf you choose the Wix that is actually specified by Wix, I would not worry too much. Ya, if I had done that then I wouldn't have to worry. =)
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Delo is the magic oil. by dlundblad @ 8 minutes 14 seconds ago

I haven't seen 15w30 at all. Oreillys has it right?
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep fuel filter & pressure regulator by Chris142 @ 9 minutes 16 seconds ago

If it's like mine its on top of the pump and can be replaced.but after dropping the tank most opt to replace the whole pump assy
Jump to new posts Re: My 'magic' oil - Valvoline Synpower 20W50 by mjk @ 11 minutes 22 seconds ago

..or you just continue to run it on this oil, given it is a nearly 15 year old Explorer.
Jump to new posts Re: 98 Caravan AWD.....low voltage only at idle by dx92beater @ 16 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eljefinoI had a 2000 town and country with all sorts of electrical issues. Run the engine and wiggle the main harness. Listen for changes in load. Pull the hvac fan speed switch connector.... all sorts of power goes through th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gun shaped Cell Phone cases by demarpaint @ 18 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TravThats brilliant! Send out half a dozen with every welfare check so they can use it on their government subsidized phone. LOL
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Amazon has some specials on Mobil 1 oils in 5quart by Rand @ 40 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TurkFair price. I'm glad I got 48 Quarts of Mobil 1 AFE & 16 Quarts of Mobil 1 Ext. Performance all for $1.00 per Quart at the Autozone clearance! (and lots more Castrol Edge Gold Bottle for $1.00 per Quart as well)
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: $71,000 for a Pickup Truck !? by Jarlaxle @ 44 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuyOriginally Posted By: Mr NiceBig egos required a big truck or SUV. So so right. I live here in TX and you will see folks living in 100K homes and have large ugly trucks with clean beds parked in their driveways, ther
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Funny business slogans by RF Overlord @ 47 minutes 53 seconds ago

Many years ago, a butcher shop in Chatham MA...Haven's Market. Owned by Peter Haven. Slogan: "You can't beat Pete's meat!"
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Pay as you go phones & Verizon cell towers? by Ramblejam @ 48 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BobsArmoryIs there such a thing? Yes. Just went through this process myself -- have used AT&T for ages, but Verizon has done a good job of providing consistent, thorough 4G coverage in my area of the country...quality ser
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a good European oil for my Honda by Quattro Pete @ 51 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Kamele0NIf there will not be constant advertising in media...Castrol that. Castrol this...they will not exist... Shell dont advertise his products so much...but we all know that is decent company Here in the US, all the major
Jump to new posts Re: Sodium vs Moly? by ExMachina @ 52 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Marco620So I am getting ready for another oil change; do I go Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 with Motor Oil Saver or Valovoline Maxlife Synthetic with LM Mos2? Oil Saver is just seal conditioners, or mostly. Maybe add that to the last h
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra XG6607 cut open after 15K miles by marine65 @ 54 minutes 49 seconds ago

It does not have a CVT. Just a regular 4 speed automatic. But I have done 2 drain and fills with synthetic fluid. Much better cold weather shifting until it warms up.
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Jump to new posts Re: A New Oil from Pennzoil by Quattro Pete @ 56 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: VSTAR650II was curious how the #'s stack up against some of the known favorites, was wondering if anybody has done a UOA yet?? Just browse the UOA section. Any of the recent PP/PUP UOAs are likely to be of the GTL version. But
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: People Buying Fireworks by rjundi @ 59 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4How many of these people buying fireworks actually know what July 4th 1776 is all about? My guess is most of them are buying fireworks for the fireworks. My good friend yes. July 4th 2015 he became a US citizen and p
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Why do people think 911 is a nanny service? by rjundi @ Today at 08:55 AM

That is simply part of the job. As long as lines not flooded by oddball calls to impede normal ones I don't see an issue. My guess is the 911 operators are sitting more then doing or I could be quite wrong.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Electro-magnetic pulse by Garak @ Today at 08:51 AM

Yes, he's teaching, and we can learn wonders from him in math, physics, and engineering (not to mention every subfield within those), along with vehicle maintenance and how no one here knows anything about building an engine. Most impressively, he's
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler 26HP excessive consumption by andyd @ Today at 08:44 AM

I agree with your friend. Test the compression
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: CADEX Rifle Systems Chassis by demarpaint @ Today at 08:37 AM

I like it!
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Rav 4 opinions. by hattaresguy @ Today at 08:33 AM

My mom has an older 2007 and it sucks. Burns lots of oil, intermediate shaft still clunks, water pump has been seeping since day one, sun visors fall down in front of you, rides like [censored], loud on the highway. Toyota refuses to address TSB's ev
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ram Owners by hattaresguy @ Today at 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Red91Thank you barkley. Does anyone have a preference for one 8 speed or the other? The V6 Tradesman has the option of the 8R45FE, and the V8 an 8HP70. That's the HP rating the transmission is designed for, they also make a
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: good lawn mower battery by SHOZ @ Today at 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: grumpyOne thing not mentioned is that the life of the battery is affected a whole lot by vibration. If the battery can flop around it will not last as long as one that is installed and held in place. tom One of the advantag
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Downhill in lower gear with automatict ransmission by demarpaint @ Today at 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TRI rather replace brake pads (and rotors if needed) every 20-30k miles than rebuild transmission every 80-100k miles. Me too.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >