by bubbatime
08/02/15 03:51 AM
Kawasaki FH641V issues
by Scooby
08/02/15 02:48 AM
Getting grease out of a cartridge
by Ducked
08/02/15 02:11 AM
Honda Civic 1.8 engine block cracking....
by gregk24
08/02/15 01:55 AM
Failed AC compressor
by Ndx
08/02/15 12:39 AM
Transmission cooler lines - 4t45e
by GpB311
08/02/15 12:37 AM
radiator deterioration?
by Leo99
08/01/15 11:39 PM
Autotrak smurf fluid turned black
by RedOakRanch
08/01/15 11:29 PM
Thoughts on 2014-2015 Corolla?
by gregk24
08/01/15 10:17 PM
FS: Fram Sure Drain SD3 New Old Stock!
by IntegraVT
08/01/15 10:06 PM
Newest Members
bobmadison, CaryHsieh, sip_99, 4wheelnwld, RobertJM
54904 Registered Users
Who's Online
55 registered (andyd, 2civics, B20z, bourne, 74DartSport, bmod305, 7 invisible), 860 Guests and 91 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54904 Members
66 Forums
235262 Topics
3785119 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Civic 1.8 engine block cracking.... by 2civics @ 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: The CriticIt's old news, they fixed the problem a long time ago. This^^^
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: radiator deterioration? by eljefino @ 1 minute 49 seconds ago

I've been surprised by the rusty ATF lines that came loose. See if the transmissions side has quick connects or even just less rust so you can take the lines out with the old rad then really work them on your workbench. As for the missing nipple, t
Jump to new posts Re: Using four jackstands by eljefino @ 4 minutes 43 seconds ago

The issue as I see it is that the jack lifts in an arc, eg not directly straight up. A wheel jack pulls its own wheels under the car, provided the concrete surface is smooth and its top catches a good lip, like a pinch weld. With the opposite side/
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on 2014-2015 Corolla? by 2civics @ 6 minutes 2 seconds ago

I'm very happy with both of my civics (8th gen). I have two kids and we adapt perfectly fine using two compacts as our get around vehicles. Having said that, I believe you can't go wrong with either a Corolla or a Civic. Personally, I liked the body
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Download Windows 10 Yet? Thoughts ... ? by simple_gifts @ 8 minutes 27 seconds ago

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/20...efault-settings People might want to peruse this article regarding disabling some of the new default settings in W10; seems like a departure from what people want/expect.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: School me on VSD/motor drives and 0 RPM by Jetronic @ 11 minutes 51 seconds ago

As long as the brakes have sufficient pressure on them, there won't be any current going through the motor. does the accord have a manual parking brake?
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 5qts for $12 After $12 Rebate by RamFan @ 15 minutes 42 seconds ago

Hmm Meijer currently has it on sale for $22.99, might have to take advantage. $2.19 a quart is a decent price.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol MV Import users by Jake777 @ 21 minutes 44 seconds ago

Thanks everyone I think I will try and use something other than dw1 next time. I plan on a drain and fill every 15k. I already have a hayden cooler and will have to look into filters.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: What are you using for weapon lights? by buck91 @ 22 minutes 38 seconds ago

SF 6PL next to my G23... Not mounted though as I Don't want to cover anything with the weapon if it's not necessary.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What kind of Oci? by Merkava_4 @ 27 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MotorsportsXThe rich running isn't an issue. No smog test in North Carolina ?
Jump to new posts Re: How Thin Can it go ? by Merkava_4 @ 30 minutes 27 seconds ago

I just saw some Royal Purple 0W-10 at the Pep Boys website.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: grease for bicycle hubs/bearings ? by buck91 @ 34 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Duckedgear oil?? Actually there were a lot of old hubs such as English 3 speeds used oil! But they also had an external fill nipple.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Honda GX390 carb settings on pressure washer. by i6pwr @ 36 minutes 2 seconds ago

I slowed it down but not to an idle, maybe 1/4 throttle at most also allowing some water to circulate by pulling on the wand. That's another question I had.....when starting the engine with the water on, it seems to pull easy but if it doesn't start
Jump to new posts Re: Having trouble remembering how to put things back. by Lubener @ 37 minutes 9 seconds ago

As long as you do not start finding your shoes in the freezer. I am still trying to figure out how my dryer can make socks disapear.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Honda Accord Hybrid by JHZR2 @ 44 minutes 25 seconds ago

Yesterday I drove a Prius both in highway and city (NYC) traffic. New model, privately owned, <7000 miles. All I can say now is that the HAH is best of breed. Ok someone can argue, as they did above, that the Camry hybrid, sonata hybrid and ot
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Is Premium gas necessary? by JetStar @ 44 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pbmWhile looking through the owners manual of my newly acquired 1998 Virago I noticed that 'Regular' (86RON) gasoline is spec'd. I always thought that Premium was called for in motorcycles but now I'm wondering if it's necessar
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use European Oils in my Japanese Engines? by SR5 @ 46 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111Quote:A European standard isn't necessarily better for your cars. It might not even be better for the European cars. There are real performance differences. In Europe people also change oil every 15k miles with lo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Great offer from my Toyota dealer (lol) by madRiver @ 48 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jimbrewerYeah, it's outrageous. Ford charges $39 for the same thing, including tire rotation, except the air filters. That explains why there were some old Toyotas waiting in line the last time I was there. Ford uses this as a
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Autotrak smurf fluid turned black by marc1 @ 50 minutes 5 seconds ago

That describes exactly how I found mine too. My truck is mint and well maintained. I do not use the auto-trac (I hard set the 4wd in or 2wd, never use 4-low) but my wife loves it. So she uses it maybe 3 times per year and she drives very carefully an
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: An American Dentist Killed Zimbabwe’s Famous Lion by Jetronic @ 53 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: Jetronicno, it's the female lions that do the hunting in a pack. So are these female lions wearing fancy wigs, or male lions with very realistic chew toys ? young male lions aren't in a
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: Another blending guide. by Jetronic @ 55 minutes 28 seconds ago

and the 0w30 containing esters (the only 4-stroke oil in the guide)
Jump to new posts Re: Kawasaki FH641V issues by Merkava_4 @ 55 minutes 28 seconds ago

Click on the link and download the service manual. Page 2-21 tells you how to check the fuel shut-off solenoid and page 2-24 tells you how to check the fuel pump. If those two components test good, start cleaning the carburetor. LINK
Jump to new posts Re: Failed AC compressor by Jetronic @ 59 minutes 7 seconds ago

does the compressor have a clutch, or does it just have an adjustable swash plate and did the compresor seize and pop the rivets? the one in the picture doesn't have a clutch
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion about the Colt 1911 XSE series? by DuckRyder @ Today at 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: RobensteinThe 9mm is built on the 38 super platform versus the 45acp platform. There are differences, but yes the old single stacks are very slim. Care to explain what you think the difference is in the 38 and 45 "platfo
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SE plus by JHZR2 @ Today at 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: 2civicsJust some general reliability rankings (lower) that I have seen. Maybe they have the issues fixed? I know the 2012 has had a high repair frequency. Dodge Caravan So oddly the T&C and caravan reliability ratings
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >