Recent Topics
Subaru Oil Filter Installed in Dodge Ram Trans?
by dan0928
38 minutes 3 seconds ago
Mobil 5w30 Super 5,000 OCI, bought on clearance...
by FlyNavyP3
Today at 08:42 AM
Android 7 Nougat out.(nexus devices)
by Rand
Today at 07:58 AM
Australia to lose its ute?
by supton
Today at 07:42 AM
Should I continue using HM Oil after gaskets?
by Fahrenheit
Today at 07:03 AM
John Deere 400 garden tractor oil
by Bighorn2500
Today at 06:58 AM
Safety violation? who knows...
by CourierDriver
Today at 06:14 AM
82 Yamaha Virago 750 engine oil
by Trigger
Today at 06:02 AM
Supercheap Auto Father's Day Version 2 sale
by KL31
Today at 05:39 AM
$4 Off Fram Oil and Air Filter Combo
by Tony_Mack
Today at 05:37 AM
U joints
by dlundblad
Today at 04:41 AM
Yamaha Bolt XV950
by FWR132
Today at 02:12 AM
Newest Members
dan0928, basher, Bandita, DaveyJones, OldEuroCarLover
58904 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (Alfred_B, AIRJAC3, 1foxracing, acbent, 2015_PSD, 4WD, 4 invisible), 1526 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58904 Members
66 Forums
253485 Topics
4160971 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Best MT Fluid? by AntsinmyEyes @ 1 minute 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: skyactivMy wife and I are a rare stick couple. The best manual transmission fluid I've used is Motorcraft XT-M5-QS. I have it in my GTI. It's a PAO synthetic and made in Germany. Not cheap however. Some say it doesn't crunch l
Transmission Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru Oil Filter Installed in Dodge Ram Trans? by ARCOgraphite @ 1 minute 43 seconds ago

So your trans has a spin on INSIDE the trans? Subara 4EAT use oil filter for trans filter. Napa proselect = BOOOOO! if uit has combi valve. If above is tru I wold only use a P gasket filter in this application. That would be Nissan (see below) or
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Fumoto Valve by Donald @ 2 minutes 25 seconds ago

Does any use a safety clip on the Fumato valve?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Tearolator with 2012 miles by crazyoildude @ 3 minutes 28 seconds ago

yup engine builders lean towards flow over filtration.. I was that way also until i ran into you ze0six now in sort of in the middle
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Safety violation? who knows... by CT8 @ 3 minutes 28 seconds ago

Thinning of the non traditional democrat party workers?
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Makita Air Compressor Help by GGorman04 @ 8 minutes 50 seconds ago

Thanks so much Trav I really really appreciate your help!
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Hex screw on HF 3/8" torque wrench by wayne50 @ 10 minutes 23 seconds ago

Thanks Redbone. I wondered the same thing.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $4 Off Fram Oil and Air Filter Combo by AIRJAC3 @ 14 minutes 50 seconds ago

They have that same deal on Rock Auto as well. Cabin filters included.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Discount Tire Direct Pre-Labor Day Sale by Nick1994 @ 15 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: zorobabelIsn't that link for last year's sale? We're in the year 2016, that link says 2016.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Fridge might be toast after 4 years.... by BearZDefect @ 17 minutes 59 seconds ago

The biggest problem so far with the Frigidaire refrigerator I bought a few years ago is that the door shelves crack and fall apart so easily, and are not cheap to replace. The light switch also failed, so it's dark inside. Flicking the switch where t
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 5W30 -- 17K Miles -- 13 BMW 335i w/ N55 by Quattro Pete @ 19 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: nickolas84Trust your car company and its mechanics. They know what they are doing. Is it the same company that decided to cut down the OCI to 10K miles just the following year? Why did they do it if they supposedly knew what t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Reccomendation - 2009 Jetta 2.5l by kschachn @ 20 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Chewi5150Thanks again fellas. Don't know why they put the 5W-40 in there. Probably just what the dealer has in bulk. Go figure. Well there are lots of 502 oils on the approved oil list that are 5W-40, but whether they used one
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Decent AR-15 Collapsible Stock? by 2015_PSD @ 22 minutes 49 seconds ago

In the end I went with the Mil-Spec Magpul CTRŽ Carbine Stocks. Solid design and function. Thanks all for the information shared!
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Done with Sandisk USB Sticks by SR20DE @ 24 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PandaBear Samsung's VNAND / 3D NAND is made with a larger cell despite being cheaper than Toshiba's 2D NAND at smaller cell, while still being cheaper. In flash memory bigger means more reliable but more expensive... Thanks for
Jump to new posts Re: Should I continue using HM Oil after gaskets? by Fahrenheit @ 24 minutes 44 seconds ago

Leaking about 2qts in 5k miles, most of that was from the valve covers which are a common failure point on GM 3800s. Pulled it for the rear cover seal that totally let go, coolant spraying everywhere. I use Mobile Super HM currently, still not sure w
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Renewable energy isn't that expensive by pbm @ 28 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: turtlevetteOriginally Posted By: firemachine69Originally Posted By: turtlevetteMany people are willing to pay another 50-100 bucks a month for feel good energy. For energy without pollution. To not worry about the possibilit
Jump to new posts Re: Best oil for stock 1982 Beetle 1200? by Nick1994 @ 28 minutes 36 seconds ago

Nothing wrong with synthetic in that car. I maintain a 1970 VW Beetle and have run Rotella 15w40, Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40, and currently Mobil 1 HM 10w40. It leaks the same with synthetic as it did with conventional. Maybe even less. But it
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 F150 2.7 5W-30 PUP 5400 MILES by Strawdog @ 32 minutes 27 seconds ago

[spoiler][/spoiler]Originally Posted By: 09_GXPOkay, I got what you're saying now. I spoke to Ford about the OLM not going down quicker and they assured me that a wide range of engine parameters are taken into account when suggesting the OCI. I've he
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 82 Yamaha Virago 750 engine oil by WylieCoyote @ 34 minutes 47 seconds ago

Mine got Rotella as well. Very smooth shifting in both. Loved my Virago, and it's ancestor. My back just couldn't tolerate the riding position.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: John Deere 400 garden tractor oil by CT8 @ 42 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Randshould probably use a thinner oil in winter unless its in a heated garage. 10w30 is fine for the other 3 seasons. The Visc charts list 10w-XX oils down to 0*f.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 5w30 Super 5,000 OCI, bought on clearance... by CT8 @ 45 minutes 55 seconds ago

you can almost guarantee with a sound engine any SN Dexos oil will go 5,000 miles easy. This isn't the 1970s.
Jump to new posts Re: Late 80s/early 90s oil tech by lexus114 @ 50 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eljefino This ad sold my Dad (and myself, independently.) Castrol 10w40 in the 200-6 Fairmont and the Dodge 024 Miser. PS, "Protection against Viscosity"... sweet. that ad never gets old! hahaha
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Young people and technology by andrewg @ 51 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 4WDAnd in 2060 the nursing homes will be filled with tattoo bearing residents - what a sight ! With a permanent forward bend to the neck.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: U joints by barkingspider @ 56 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlundbladIs it considered an upgrade to go with greasable U joints? Cost wise, it's only a few dollars more. This would be for my Jeep, which didn't come with greasable U joints. Nope. If you like servicing your jeep, g
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new mechanical pencil by kschachn @ 57 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Suggestions ? They don't make my favorite Sanford Protouch II anymore. I use them for entering drafting style print into pocket/purse calendars. Gotta be 0.9mm 0.9mm is like using a crayon. Isn't the whole idea be
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >