by motor_oil_madman
Today at 08:33 PM
Done with Sandisk USB Sticks
by JHZR2
Today at 08:20 PM
Pineapple Margaritas
by sleddriver
Today at 08:12 PM
Replacing Drywall In The Bathroom (Insulation)
by Warstud
Today at 07:56 PM
351W build with a flat tappet
by ssregal39
Today at 07:30 PM
Fuel injector cleaner that will run the engine?
by Red00Jetta
Today at 07:12 PM
Car's models of 1990 and now
by HTSS_TR
Today at 07:02 PM
Another dealer oil change story
by mclasser
Today at 06:36 PM
Diagnosing HEI ignition module and ignition system
by Fsharp
Today at 05:58 PM
Newest Members
Jakes_Lawn, Aarrghhh, Ddaddyo, polly, SpectreSE
58028 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (AirgunSavant, Abakev, ABomb369, AntsinmyEyes, 74DartSport, 901Memphis, 8 invisible), 1161 Guests and 162 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58028 Members
66 Forums
249614 Topics
4086754 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: AC vs. Evaporative Cooler. by dishdude @ 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick1994We had an evaporative cooler for years, I still go over to my moms to work on it all the time. They need lots of maintenance, but it isn't hard. Once it gets humid they are worthless. At my moms they have A/C and evap co
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Another should I change my oil thread by Vlad_the_Russian @ 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dan_ericksonIn a month from now I have to go on a 12 hour, 700 mile round trip road trip into Iowa and I believe that my Accord will be close to needing an oil change according to the MM. As a BITOG member I have to ask if I sho
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: High SAPS & DPF Re-Gen by edyvw @ 1 minute 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: userfriendlyThanks edyvw; I save the synthetics for winter, my short winter trip is 80km/day. I hate using a HD truck for grocery getting duties. The oil gets changed 3x a year; April, July and November. My April and July engin
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spark such way? by JimPghPA @ 3 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: yvon_laDoes a spark on spark plug go from head to sparkplug center core?would adding a ground on the head prevent spark? The head is already grounded by the bolts that hold it to the block. Somewhere there is a ground wire (n
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: GM 2500HD 75w-90 or 75w-110 by mjoekingz28 @ 4 minutes 49 seconds ago

It seems all of these 'new and odd' weights are for the PCM now a days. The metals and components will likely keep chugging as long as good quality fluid of ample quantity is used.
Jump to new posts Re: Diagnosing HEI ignition module and ignition system by asand1 @ 4 minutes 51 seconds ago

The GM ignition module needs to be mounted to a heat sink. The thin sheet metal of the fender will not keep it cool enough.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on grease storage by mjoekingz28 @ 7 minutes 38 seconds ago

What are we left with when grease separates? Is it some carrier that is like a paste, but doesnt lube since the oil left? And is the oil that came out of suspension pretty special stuff. Maybe we can collect it and have an eBay sale of ״
Jump to new posts Re: Most advanced oil on the shelf? by jongies3 @ 10 minutes 2 seconds ago

Pennzoil is pretty high up there, but trying to find out which is the most "advanced" is impossible. They're all good oils, trying to signal out the best one can only be done trying numerous types with UOA's after every drain. Find the one
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Hood Latch Grease? by mjoekingz28 @ 13 minutes 42 seconds ago

I think by Tommy Boy's reaction; 10w-40 is TOO slick.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Delvac in gasoline car by jongies3 @ 15 minutes 42 seconds ago

I don't believe HDEO clean any better or any worse than regular oil for gasoline engines. Any of the big name synthetics will clean and keep things clean. People stress way too much about this. Even quality conventional oils do a fine job at keeping
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: California bans sale of obsolete motor oil by mjoekingz28 @ 16 minutes 47 seconds ago

"Old not obsolete"
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Done with Sandisk USB Sticks by Tegger @ 19 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wwillsonI have a couple of these 240GB USB drives that have had terabytes written to them without a single problem. http://www.poweredbymushkin.com/catalog/33-ventura-ultra Holy mackerel. Two hundred and forty gigabytes! I gue
Jump to new posts Re: 18.14F this morning.... by Nick1994 @ 22 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dishdudeOriginally Posted By: Nick1994It'll be 113 here next weekend... Ugh, it was such a cool May. I hope your brother picked up that HCV for his Jeep! Luckily he has 2 other cars to drive until then lol. Now they're sayi
Jump to new posts Re: How old is to old for new oil? by jongies3 @ 22 minutes 53 seconds ago

I don't see how it can go bad. Oil doesn't break down until it's put in and ran in an engine. It can sit in bottles for years and never go bad. Only thing you'd have to watch out for is the SAE ratings and certifications change over time. I've got se
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Another dealer oil change story by Nick1994 @ 25 minutes 58 seconds ago

The digital pump that pumps the oil into the car doesn't matter, because you can put in 5 quarts into a car that calls for 5 quarts and it can still take another quart to bring it up to the F line.
Jump to new posts Re: Why it's a bad idea to ignore wheel-bearing noises by 74DartSport @ 27 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CanadastangThat spindle looks very familiar... 89-97 T-Bird/Cougar? Yes, MN12 Super Coupe rear end.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: CARQUEST Filters are now made by Purolator (pics) by 901Memphis @ 30 minutes 38 seconds ago

I am not 100% sure but i am pretty sure they are just going to be re boxing the purolator filters for Carquest so the Purolator Red will be Carquest Red and your Purolator One will be the Carquest blue. It's a pity they are saving pennies to go
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Leave it on or shut it off? by asand1 @ 30 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: spackardYou Should Google sleep of death surface Wow, first world problems. Save your files and turn it off.
Jump to new posts Re: Larger Oil Filter for 2006 Highlander 2.4 Four Cyl by BrocLuno @ 37 minutes 6 seconds ago

Any meaningful increase in media surface area reduces the pressure drop across the media, allows more entrapment area; and with larger container increases total oil capacity. Some oversized filter are only a slight increase, say another cup full. Th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car's models of 1990 and now by OVERKILL @ 37 minutes 50 seconds ago

Yes, the 500 became the new Taurus.
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil - Strategic Direction by BrocLuno @ 47 minutes 6 seconds ago

Yeah, but I thought it might be discussed in the course of discussing business decisions and such ...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: is my extension cord bad? by spasm3 @ 49 minutes 27 seconds ago

You are better to run more air hose than more extension. 14g on a 50ft run is small if your compressor pulls 15amps.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on this 2006 Lincoln by madRiver @ 49 minutes 30 seconds ago

No matter how low of mileage and a golden reputation you buying a 10 year vehicle with lots of rubber parts and other items that degrade with age. The low mileage may be fooling into thinking this vehicle is newer and better then it is. Good luck, I
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing Drywall In The Bathroom (Insulation) by Rolla07 @ 49 minutes 46 seconds ago

I would have someone test the air before and after the work is done to make sure you arent breathing in higher than normal mold spores.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The morality of riding a bike married with kids by hpb @ 54 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: Pop_RivitI've always felt that, as the head of my household, I have a moral obligation to keep myself as healthy as possible. While it's impossible to insulate one's self against all the possible inj
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >