08/30/14 02:31 PM
My last PL30001 in service...
by 440Magnum
08/30/14 01:59 PM
Newest Members
Helliar, jrmitch, ShovelDave, Mike141, jiffydarren
51144 Registered Users
Who's Online
69 registered (901Memphis, abycat, AandPDan, 2004tdigls, 007, 8 invisible), 1756 Guests and 223 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51144 Members
64 Forums
218538 Topics
3445983 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: So, Fram filters...why the bad rap? by jk_636 @ 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SilverC6He's not talking about micarta. Instead, he's talking about the flimsy, easily distorted end caps on some FRAM filters. ^This
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Maxvoline XTP 5W-30 API SN GF-5 Need Lab Advice by babbittd @ 1 minute 11 seconds ago

It probably doesn't matter much to the OP but CKS is simply a bottling company.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: translate vw battery code by 901Memphis @ 1 minute 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: FowVayThat VW part number has the following specifications: 12 volts 60 Ah 540 CCA BCI code 48 If you want a more robust battery then buy one for the diesel model. The part number for them is: 1J0 915 105 AF and will provide: 1
Photo Section
Jump to new posts American Dagger Moth caterpillar by Quattro Pete @ 4 minutes 11 seconds ago

So cuddly looking... you just feel like petting it.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 toyota yaris oil recommendation by simple_gifts @ 9 minutes 39 seconds ago

http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/home You can sign up here to get a PDF of your Owners manual. I looked and it appears 5W-30 is the recommended grade. Same motor as my car, and 5K miles is the oil change interval.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $10 rebate - Pennzoil Full Synthetic by babbittd @ 12 minutes 7 seconds ago

Here is the last bottle of 5W-20 Platinum on the shelves at the store in Danvers, Mass. today. [censored]!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Best defense for medieval plate armored opponent? by friendly_jacek @ 12 minutes 52 seconds ago

Guess what, body armor is back.
Jump to new posts Re: Dino vs Synthetic 5w30 cold pour test by Garak @ 13 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KrisZHere is a quote from Doug Hillary from another thread. Looks like those synthetics aren't all that great at start up protection with extended OCIs. That also sheds some more light as to why Canadian OCIs fall automatically
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by wemay @ 16 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GarakOriginally Posted By: jrustlesThis is why I don't use M1 anymore; consistency problems. The Katrina point is well taken, but do recall that one can cherry pick issues from everyone. SOPUS can't help but reinvent their oil
Jump to new posts Re: 50% of wear at startup - synthetic vs conventional by Garak @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HKPoliceDino vs Synthetic 5w30 cold pour test That's why there are cold pumpability tests within grades, and pour point is almost irrelevant.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: What pressure for towing? by supton @ 18 minutes 13 seconds ago

Trailer tires should be set to the number on the sidewall. I'd bump the tow vehicle pressure, but I like higher pressure unloaded in the first place. I'd probably like it more while towing.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Beating Up A Snapper Push Mower by raytseng @ 18 minutes 52 seconds ago

What is the blade like? If its original its no wonder it's struggling. Get a new blade see if that takes the load off the engine as well as the stuff about bring the engine power back
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Record burning software by Quattro Pete @ 19 minutes 27 seconds ago

Doesn't your computer have an analog input audio/mic jack? You can use that to feed sound into the computer. If it doesn't, then yes, you can buy a external/USB sound card with such an input. As for software, there are plenty of free ones out ther
Jump to new posts Re: Oil suggestion for 2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2.0 Zetec by dx92beater @ 20 minutes 1 second ago

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the heads up and the thoughts.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Lower Priced Indian Models by edhackett @ 25 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ken2 A fellow in my group was given a new speedometer by Suzuki for his V-Strom--the odometer stops reading at 199,999 miles. He's over 270,000 miles now, never inside the engine below the valve adjusters, just ordinary mainten
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Euro Oil.....Why? by Garak @ 27 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: V70tdiFor an example Volvo made the U.S speced cars for export with catalytic converter from 1976 but it took to 1986-1987 until we started to use it on cars here in Sweden. For whatever reason, Volvo in North America has always
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Basic push mower maintenance. by raytseng @ 32 minutes 20 seconds ago

See how much new parts cost. If a new filter is like $7 and a new plug is $5 just get that instead of cleaning. Change oil, check fuel is fresh and good and dribble in some fuel injector cleaner like redline si1 which also claims to stabilize. Alsi
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: $288 flex polisher at detailers domain by The Critic @ 36 minutes 9 seconds ago

That's a pretty good price for a 3401, but many of us have realized that the Rupes LHR21 is a far more versatile machine once you've mastered its operation. Naturally, PBMG has been pushing the Flex very hard on their forums and thru their reps, bu
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart.com by The Critic @ 38 minutes 23 seconds ago

That's good to hear - but my Walmart TLE experiences (and as of lately, Discount Tire) have been downright awful. I would check the lip of your rim very carefully for scratches. The few TLEs stores I've been to, do not have the proper mounting equi
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Need a 75w-90 GL-5 for a Torsen-type diff by 901Memphis @ 42 minutes 7 seconds ago

Redline Is what I'd use.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts AC Delco PF52 E-Core by beast3300 @ 42 minutes 12 seconds ago

This came of my non-sc Grand Prix. 7 months, 2600 miles in service. Oil was DEXos blend Pennzoil. Filter was perfect other than the plastic cage was a little brittle, but no holes in the media.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My 98 Monte Carlo z34 by Merkava_4 @ 43 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Silverado12GM says it's OK to use tap water. For as cheap as distilled water is at Walmart, I don't use tap water. I've seen what tap water does to a radiator; it clogs it up full of calcium.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Jabiru 6 cyl LSA engine by LoneRanger @ 47 minutes 41 seconds ago

I've not seen that engine. I like the turn-key package Jabiru makes with the 3300 series engine, namely the 3 door made-in-USA Jabiru J230D LSA. What is interesting about the pkg that it's the identical engine and airframe as the "4
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep grand cherokee new motor, oil recommendations by Dumc87 @ 49 minutes 53 seconds ago

I'm working with a 5.2 now that has 212k miles Hughes plate, timing chain, valve cover gaskets,water pump etc etc. Ran healthy, just doing some TLC Hoping to push out another 50k miles. That being said, can this thread be moved to a non-diesel sec
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: an older daily driver by andyd @ 51 minutes 1 second ago

A'66 Bug or a Karman Ghia . Any pickup built from 1930 onward
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >