07/25/16 07:39 AM
Top Tier Fuels and Tailpipe deposits
by virginoil
07/25/16 07:20 AM
Newest Members
Ken_Clifton, HotDog15, curiousaboutoil, 01CAMRY, corndogzombie
58589 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (Alfred_B, 4WD, 182RG, AIRJAC3, 87sammy, 2015_PSD, 9 invisible), 2155 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58589 Members
66 Forums
252234 Topics
4136454 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I see many diesel trucks spewing black soot... by Shannow @ 2 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jetronicquestion is, how long can the truck continue to deliver 362 hp? that's a lot of heat to get rid off, and a gas truck will produce more than a diesel for the same output. Also, you can't get 362 bhp from standstill to g
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Who watches the oil co's? by Danh @ 2 minutes 59 seconds ago

Magnatec 5w-20 is a full synthetic according to Castrol. Other Magnatec viscosities, such as 5w-30, are synthetic blends.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stability issue on 2015 F250 by Nick1994 @ 3 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DonaldDealer says I should to stock rims tires. The ones I have are the same size as stock however, just fancier. Do they have some take-offs you can mount for a quick drive to see if that's the issue? I'd talk to them.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk RUM by Alfred_B @ 4 minutes 2 seconds ago

General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Solar power is getting cheaper every year by OVERKILL @ 6 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SHOZInnovation will bring the solutions on board. Sitting hand wringing and demanding the stays quo will not. Here's an example of replacing a diesel generator with wind power and a storage solution. I'm definitely not wringi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wiring a new garbage disposal by Kawiguy454 @ 11 minutes 14 seconds ago

I live in a well seasoned Pulte home. Under the sink is an outlet for the DW and GD to plug in. Never a problem ...youre over thinking it. I used to install/service up to 5HP salvajor and waste king commercial disposals. Max power draw is at startup
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Any .257 Roberts Reloaders On The Site? by nwjones18 @ 13 minutes 10 seconds ago

I've always sort of wanted a rifle in that caliber, but I already have a 25-06 so it is hard to justify.. If I find a nice old rifle for a decent price it will be mine though. Should be a good one to load for!
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Making tacos at home by Kawiguy454 @ 20 minutes 24 seconds ago

Many years ago I was a commercial cooking equipment service man. I went into taco bell and saw them prepping and two things others have already said fits with what I saw. They put large amounts of ground beef into a large cooker and used what looked
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start 5W-30 A3/B4 by volodymyr @ 21 minutes 11 seconds ago

SR5, Originally Posted By: SR5Yes, big selection. Thanks for listing it all out.Not too bad if you know your stuff, but I can see it being very confusing for the average consumer, who probably doesn't change their own oil anyway. Well, judging fro
Jump to new posts Re: need help choosing small concealed carry pistol by AZjeff @ 21 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd[quote=totegoat] Pocket carry keeps the gun in one's front pocket, and actually has the muzzle parallel to your thigh when seated, potentially muzzling the person sitting across from you. I pocket carry a Kel-tec P-32
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: WIX 51372 ADBV Failure by ZeeOSix @ 25 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WellOiled After setting for 12 hours, pulled the filter and there was no oil in the galleries above the oil filter. Re-installed the filter and ran the engine 2 minutes at the most. Pulled the filter and recovered 4 oz. plus of
Jump to new posts Magnetec "Edged" out? by ARCOgraphite @ 31 minutes 48 seconds ago

I have been running and shamelessly promoting Castrol SS Magnetec since It went into the Rogue sump last Winter (beginning of January 2016). Well it was time for OCI #5 and the second one this year and I found myself at Wally World in Epping, NH look
Jump to new posts Re: Coat battery terminals with something or leave dry by demarpaint @ 32 minutes 14 seconds ago

I've had good luck with dielectric grease. I re-apply it every few years if it needs it.
Jump to new posts Re: Gun Prices by billt460 @ 36 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RobensteinThere are lots of slapped together guns that sell for the same or more. Quality not the defining metric on used prices. That's complete nonsense. You will never buy anything of quality cheap. Price a decade old Ruger
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: R-12 A/C by Hokiefyd @ 42 minutes 36 seconds ago

Both of our 134 systems blow air colder than we can stand it, both have well over 100,000 miles, and neither have been opened up. The MDX even has a separate system for the rear area, so it's got a huge cabin to cool. I've also put auxiliary PS and
Jump to new posts Re: Need an alternator, which one? by brave sir robin @ 50 minutes 0 seconds ago

Its either a motor on its way out or a problem with too much resistance in the wire or a shoddy connection. Measure the voltage at the power wire on the motor itself. It should be pretty close to the system voltage and if its not try cleaning up the
Jump to new posts Re: Worth the upgrade? by daves87rs @ 51 minutes 23 seconds ago

Koni would be good, but now it gets pricey....
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on SenSen Speedy Struts by daves87rs @ 52 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bottom_FeederOriginally Posted By: daves87rsLike everything else, made in china is not the kiss of death either. I generally agree, but it's not a good start. Only if it is budget priced....
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Mower Decision: Toro Super Recycler vs Honda HRX by JTK @ 53 minutes 41 seconds ago

I hear that. At any given time there's 5-6 used Supers on my local CL ranging from ~$50-150 asking prices. I'd go that route every time.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech- ST3387- Virgin cut open by daves87rs @ 53 minutes 54 seconds ago

Interesting, since the number for my cartridge filter is fram numbered-ST9018
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Impala rental 4cyl review by Lolvoguy @ 58 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: AZjeffOriginally Posted By: horse123 I'm not quite old enough to have anywhere near enough money to buy myself a car, Wait...what?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Golf R by UG_Passat @ Today at 02:05 PM

The Golf R exhaust will never sound as nice as a R32. That's the missing component of the Golf R.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Cars with the best starter noise by SatinSilver @ Today at 02:03 PM

Although not a car the MD500 or any turbine helo start up is my favorite. The power taking off is incredible compared to a piston type. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBsy5kVU-M
Jump to new posts Re: Conventional oil instead of synthetic by FordCapriDriver @ Today at 01:58 PM

It'll probably be fine just shorten the reccomended OCI a little until you've used it all up from the on M1 0w20
Jump to new posts Re: Shell X100 30/40? by FordCapriDriver @ Today at 01:53 PM

The main reason of this post really was to see what the 30/40 meant not really looking for an oil anymore like before with my constant posts ,most agree Valvoline VR1 would be best, other owners also confirm this .
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >