05/27/15 09:30 PM
Less tread for new tires a trend?
by faramir9
05/27/15 09:13 PM
Newest Members
Ramdrive, jwest, pilondav, Csxrider, ArtVandelay
54128 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (285south, Char Baby, DakAttack, Falcon_LS, 3 invisible), 510 Guests and 117 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54128 Members
66 Forums
231954 Topics
3718321 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts McLane mowers by 285south @ 1 minute 0 seconds ago

Looks like I would be getting this McLane 21-Inch 6.75 Gross Torque Briggs & Stratton Gas Powered Lawn Mower instead of the Honda. Same question applies; is the oil and gas separate?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Burn your FedEx mail! by Olas @ 1 minute 31 seconds ago

I have trouble with the word "unknowingly" - how careless and/or stupid must you be to put anthrax in the mail BY ACCIDENT? Also, this is not the first time anthrax originating from the Govt. has been found in the mail. Maybe they're upset
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Ford Escape - 5W30 4850km on oil by Char Baby @ 8 minutes 43 seconds ago

Yes, the sodium is certainly high and I don't believe it's from the content of the MotorCraft 5W30 motor oil. Though, this much sodium could be coming from the coolant, should there be an intake manifold or head gasket that is allowing coolant to s
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is THIS piston slap on these two Camry's by Stewie @ 12 minutes 10 seconds ago

This is a real piston slap
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Honda lawn mower owners by 285south @ 20 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Yes the oil and gas are separate. You normal people are a hoot! Everyone here has listed their mower and we are waiting for yours!
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Vpower Nitro+ - New shell gasoline by mauric3 @ 36 minutes 32 seconds ago

Would be nice if the one in WA will be ethanol free since i prefer ethanol free premium gas.. That's why i usually gas up here in Vancouver since all the Shell Vpower Nitro+ are ethanol free.. If WA will be ethanol free then maybe i might cross the b
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: ATF Filter for External Spin on Filter by 901Memphis @ 44 minutes 18 seconds ago

Fram Ultra should be your first choice. Highest efficiency you can buy.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for an air-cooled 911 by Peter_M @ 54 minutes 35 seconds ago

Well there you go! Thanks Supercity. I guess the question of feeling comfortable using a C3 formulation that also has 229.51 and A40 accreditation probably comes down to two things: Are you a high or a mid SAPS person and Do you have a DPF equipped
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Clay bar lubricant by Chris B. @ 56 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DonaldYour going to clay the bed of the truck where you throw the wood and manure and lawn tractor? Are you married and do you have kids? Too much time on your hands. I went to minimal waxing mode once I had kids as they wer
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Want an 899 panigale so bad! by 02SE @ Today at 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: KernelKdonny, As a bit of counterpoint to all the naysayers here, check out this site and read the ride reports. http://antihero-x.com/read-me/ He rides an 1199 Panigale and has gone round the US, toured the Pacif
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Jaws by BRZED @ Today at 01:57 AM

According to wikipedia, Lee Marvin was offered the role of Quint in Jaws but he declined, stating "What would I tell my fishing friends who'd see me come off a hero against a dummy shark?"
Jump to new posts Re: Switching to Maxlife Syn 5w30 from PUP 5w30 by HTSS_TR @ Today at 01:50 AM

Local Walmart has Maxlife full synthetic. What's your OCI with PP/PU ? And what oil filter ?
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: They were Great! by HTSS_TR @ Today at 01:47 AM

Did you bought tires from DT ? If you did then free balance & rotation & flat repair, if not then free rotation & flat repair only.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Diameter for fence post concrete pour? by Merkava_4 @ Today at 01:41 AM

Go with 18-Inch x 12-Ft. Quikrete Quik-Tubes. LINK
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Kiwi Car Salesman. by Silk @ Today at 01:30 AM

The green car behind the Zephyr is a Vanden Plas, one of the many versions BMC badge engineered off the 1100/1300 base. There was the base Austin and Morris, and more up market Wolseley, Riley, MG and Vanden Plas versions.
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Extra 4309 by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:30 AM

It's not a commonly published efficiency.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: High pressure washer... by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:29 AM

So hard to find a non Chinese pump gas pressure washer for a decent price. It's not the engine you have to worry about, its the pump.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Did I make a noob mistake? by BusyLittleShop @ Today at 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: beanoil Maybe you too. Thanks bean but in the 50 years of chasing my shadow down the perverted highway I've completed not only all the MSF courses but also MSF instructor school... I also was asked to try out for an instruct
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Employee strikes back against band of thieves by GiveMeAVowel @ Today at 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: daves87rsToo bad there was not more beating of crooks...heck, I would have stepped in there.....that was wrong in so many ways.... Yes, I too have ZERO tolerance for scum like this. If you try and rob or steal from someone if
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V by NothingNew @ Today at 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis How did you find the information? Did you use a free vin checker or something better? Just a simple google search of the VIN. I found out the seller of the car rebuilds vehicles or buys salvaged cars and seems to sp
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Moving and need Direct TV/Dish Network Info by dishdude @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Sierra048Originally Posted By: dishdudeDSL is reliable, but probably not fast enough to be streaming movies over it. It's a better choice than satellite internet - probably around the same speed, more reliable and less $$$. Sate
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Flew South, now driving a clunker home by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Miller88Hmm. Since you are in the business now, go down south and find me a good jeep XJ :P That seems to be the new norm here. And, wow, do they make vehicles. There's a local dealer that does this with Cherokees ... Has ZERO
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Subaru Outback and filters by geeman789 @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

The "short..." Napa / Wix Subaru spec filter is the 7712... however, having a threaded end bypass valve means it has a very small filter area... one reason why I chose to run the 7055. As for the OCI, 5000 miles seems reasonable, and simp
Jump to new posts Re: Finally Found Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart by RGR @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: GenaFishbeckOriginally Posted By: oilmavenI gave up on locating the PU...not in any local WM...have switched to the Platinum after using the Ultra for a few years...don't think the vehicles will know the difference. Don't give
Jump to new posts Re: Full Synthetic or Synthetic Blend ??? by CKN @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

I run the Pennzoil blend and my 2011-5.3 Silverado runs the smoothest on it vs. Full Synthetic.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >