Yesterday at 09:58 PM
Sharp 42" LED 1080p/120Hz - $299
by mrsilv04
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
Newest Members
joyridin83, NH73, Blkflg, steam_soldier, Ben_SC
51763 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (BowNisPar, 2009Edge, 65convertible, andyd, brslds, Alamogunr, 9 invisible), 1245 Guests and 186 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51763 Members
64 Forums
221502 Topics
3502864 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Admiral Raven by CourierDriver @ 3 minutes 28 seconds ago

I would have liked to have met this man. Wonder if he would run for President. If you think you can't do something you might want to listen for 19 minutes.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Eric Frein CAPTURED by d00df00d @ 3 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitI sincerely hope that Pennsylvania has the death penalty and that, after trial, it's applied swiftly. This knuckledragger doesn't deserve to be wasting further resources. On average, death penalty cases waste more res
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Wagner Thermoquiet PAB913 for Honda Fit by Falken @ 6 minutes 2 seconds ago

I haven't installed them yet. The time it took to get the whole order was about a month off of Amazon. The drums took about a week and a half, but the Shoes took a full month. I like to buy my scheduled maintenance stuff so I have it all good to go
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why The Demise of Timing Belts? by SteveSRT8 @ 8 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ls1mikeOriginally Posted By: grampiWhy belts or chains? Why not something that truly would never wear out like gears? Ever been around a car with a gear drive for an in block cam? LOUD! Actually they do not have to be. Most
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kia oil control valve by DSparks @ 10 minutes 1 second ago

Its basically the solenoid that controls oil pressure(flow) to the cam phasers on the camshafts on vehicles equipped with variable cam timing or variable valve timing....different manufacturers call it different things...most newer engines have it...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sgt. Tamoressi released by SteveSRT8 @ 11 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: FL_RobThat's about all we know right now ..but thank God,and non-stop coverage by Fox News. His Mom never quit trying to get someone,any politician,the main stream media...anyone.Van Susteren was instrumental in her coverage i
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Super Synthetic? by fdcg27 @ 12 minutes 55 seconds ago

The Edge looks like a better deal after you get the gift card, especially since for two bucks more you get an oil filter I'd actually want to use on my new engine.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Came to my door wanting candy by CourierDriver @ 13 minutes 1 second ago

lmaorof
Jump to new posts Re: Noise from front wheel area by SVTCobra @ 13 minutes 53 seconds ago

Put two of the old summer tires back on the front. If the noise continues then its not the tires.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 HM or Maxlife full synthetic? by fdcg27 @ 14 minutes 1 second ago

For the same money, I'd use M1 HM. For less money, I'd use Maxlife SB. The Nissan V-6 will be fine on syn blend oil even when temperatures are very cold.
Jump to new posts Re: New Ram by SteveSRT8 @ 15 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dustyroadsBeautiful truck! I love that front end view more than any vehicle I can think of. Also love the fact that they let you see a digital readout of the engine info. Too bad every vehicle doesn't offer that. Yep, we lo
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice. by LT4 Vette @ 15 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: exranger06Does this car have the 2.5 engine that's known for the pre-cat breaking apart and ruining the engine? No.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 5000 5w30 Or Super Tech 5w30 by Char Baby @ 15 minutes 54 seconds ago

Though today, the OP will be getting the SN versions of both oil at W*M.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Jd x320 by sciphi @ 16 minutes 15 seconds ago

That's a beast of a machine! Your wife looks plenty happy with it. Enjoy it for many years to come!
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: snowblower 5w20 wt oil by sciphi @ 17 minutes 50 seconds ago

My 40+ year old Tecumseh engine recommends 5w-30 for summer and 5w-20 for winter. Should be fine.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: 5/32 enough for Winter? by WishIhadatruck @ 18 minutes 0 seconds ago

I always run winter tires, so for me, no way. I'd finish them up next spring/summer and replace then. Are winter tires necessary, no, but they sure do make winter driving a LOT more enjoyable. I rarely dread road conditions.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone run Nokianís year round? by Picky1 @ 21 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Randmight consider altimax rt43 they are available in H/V rated depending on size http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=AltiMAX+RT43+%28H-+or+V-Speed+Rated%29 Sorry, should have included that t
Jump to new posts Re: Duralube by Char Baby @ 26 minutes 51 seconds ago

But, if they(DuraLube) advertises whether or not their product contains PEA then for a decent price, it'd be worth considering. But, not right now considering the current products on the market in this category.
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
Jump to new posts Re: "BMW" Transmission Fluid in GM 6L45R, '09 328i by mhadden @ 33 minutes 6 seconds ago

This was the factory fluid. Around 100k I plan to do another drain and fill. I don't plan on changing the filter until the car has 200k.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got terminated by whip @ 34 minutes 37 seconds ago

Good to hear you have a positive attitude, and your not taking the negative advice spouted by the masses.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Time to get rid of the Integra? by fdcg27 @ 35 minutes 49 seconds ago

Find an indie who'll replace brake lines as needed for less money. It sounds as though this car is mechanically sound. The dealership should be the last place you take a car after it's out of warranty. Too many good indies out there who will do the r
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil SVG or Valvoline synpower 75w90 by wemay @ 37 minutes 27 seconds ago

Autozone, Pep Boys, Advance Auto Part
Jump to new posts Re: 79 ford ltd rear main by andyd @ 37 minutes 38 seconds ago

Wade a minnit. If it is a 2 piece rope seal, why does the transmission have to come out? If it is an O-ring,yes, but not for a 2 piece seal. At least not on Jeep V8s. All I ever needed was a brass drift and pliers
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 17 years. Zero trick or treaters. by Pop_Rivit @ 42 minutes 22 seconds ago

We're very rural, and between our current location of almost 20 years and our prior rural location of almost 20 years, haven't seen any trick or treaters. Even if we did it's a safe bet that I would not pass on sugar and chemical laden treats anyway
Jump to new posts Re: Oil temp? by tojo1968 @ 47 minutes 15 seconds ago

I am not sure how accurate the gauge is as far as reading the correct temp, but the temp is still noticeably lower with this oil vs MC.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >