10/25/14 10:10 AM
Oil recommendation for a 2015 Mazda 6
by BrianPA
10/25/14 09:20 AM
Newest Members
ChevyTwo, BrianPA, JeepCommander, hevslark, Hox
51688 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (901Memphis, 2000ltdken, 2cool, 01_celica_gt, 2009Edge, 10 invisible), 1789 Guests and 204 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51688 Members
64 Forums
221191 Topics
3497234 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Given that changing valve seals is such a time-consuming and difficult job, I'm guessing you didn't opt for aftermarket parts just to save $10 bucks of the total cost of repair. Since the OEM parts are different, there is probably a reason, the reas
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendation for a 2015 Mazda 6 by LC @ 1 minute 5 seconds ago

I have been running Quaker State Ultimate Durability in 2014 Mazda 6 with no issues in 14,000 miles.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car Quest Merger Results by Rat407 @ 2 minutes 50 seconds ago

The local independent near me said that they will still be open and all the corp CQ stores are either closing or turning over to AAP stores.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Berryman Chem-dip and B-12 Chemtool. by GreeCguy @ 7 minutes 3 seconds ago

Greetings and good day to all in the land of the fierce and awesome "Bitog." A question. Is Berryman Chem-dip carburetor and parts cleaner the same chemical make up as Berryman B-12 Chem-tool? Reason I ask is that I was given an unopened
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: $20k dollar crew cab 4X4 by LT4 Vette @ 8 minutes 15 seconds ago

Even a small econobox, it better to buy new.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: DI oil bypass filter by Quest @ 8 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Inspecktorhttp://papers.sae.org/2011-01-1219/ Paper on GDI particulates and future requirements for particulate filters. Many thanks. Q.
Jump to new posts Re: Liquid Moly by 901Memphis @ 12 minutes 17 seconds ago

I understand your confusion but I can assure you the flaw is the bypass valve arrangement. It's a combination bypass/adbv and bypasses when it's supposed to be filtering under the ISO 4548-12 process. If the valve is opening it's not passing the m
Jump to new posts Re: 5.7L Hemi Ram 1500 rod knock when cold by neo3 @ 12 minutes 33 seconds ago

^^^ this Does it have an aluminum block? The AL block and steel pistons have differing expansion rates, which likely is one reason why this noise has shown up on more recent (as in post-80's) engines, along with the shorter pistons. Plus, AL conduct
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rental car for cheap in boston, MA mid May by Wolf359 @ 16 minutes 15 seconds ago

Just a note that if you don't rent the car at the airport, it's about $10 cheaper as they have a tax on cars rented just at the airport. Not sure if it's really worth it to hop on a train and get a car somewhere else in the city unless you're plannin
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Pocket Pistols by 2cool @ 19 minutes 23 seconds ago

I have had my LC9 for two years now, and I don't understand what has rusted on your Ruger LCP. The slide on mine is a black finish, the barrel is stainless (I believe), and the frame is polymer. I'm asking so that I can inspect my gun more carefully
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY QUESTION by 901Memphis @ 19 minutes 42 seconds ago

You probably only need 200-300 cranking amps for that engine. It's hard to tell when a battery will fail. Best to just have a set of jumper cables, jump box, or AAA ready. Make sure to charge the battery fully before putting into service if
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Home Internet speed by youdontwannaknow @ 26 minutes 24 seconds ago

a couple others I like to use - http://speedtest.xchangetele.com/ http://www.megapath.com/speedtestplus/
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: It's Not About The Nail by 01_celica_gt @ 27 minutes 14 seconds ago

Lol never personally experienced this but have heard about it, this is what happens when you either really don't cate or you married a typical "shopping makes me feel good" type of women. Intelligent women > average women
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "every man should know how to drive a stick" by CT8 @ 30 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Originally Posted By: TooManyWheelsA real man decides for himself what is important and doesn't give a rat's patootie what some blogger says he should do. This is where I'm at. No offense intended, but why should anyo
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO or MGMO which is more desirable? by Koz1 @ 30 minutes 41 seconds ago

http://www.oil-club.ru/forum/topic/9429-9429/ Russian SM ISLAC 4. If its the same stuff who knows, not what I thought it would be.
Jump to new posts Re: If all oil is too thick when cold... by CT8 @ 40 minutes 0 seconds ago

A straight 30 is the wrong oil then winter temps are below freezing. Just to get a base for proper w selection of oil viscosity.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tough older guy shoots home invaders. by SevenBizzos @ 40 minutes 37 seconds ago

A pretty large part of society would prefer he not have a gun and to call the police and wait. I'm not one of them, but there are a lot, trust me.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: New computer build by Colt45ws @ 40 minutes 53 seconds ago

I dont think its a driver issue. Or graphics issue. Im running Memtest86+ right now. I tried it the first time around in SMP mode and it was fine through all cores until in tried to load all 8 and it rebooted. Im running single thread mode right now
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: School shooting, near Seattle by CT8 @ 44 minutes 35 seconds ago

It is really sad but to ask what is never answered, was the kid on psychotropic meds?
Jump to new posts Re: Warranty Facts by Hokiefyd @ 47 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Randthey can also void warranties for using the wrong transmission fluid. Sometimes the oem has the only fluid meeting the spec. They can't void the warranty, but they can deny a warranty repair. I think there's a slim but i
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow vs ice tire by LotI @ 50 minutes 55 seconds ago

No difference now between snow and ice tires, just marketing. 20+ years ago Bridgestone Blizzak's were revolutionary with the multicell compound and made winter tires a big business. Now everyone offers something in the WINTER tire category. Most
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola Information by CT8 @ 52 minutes 40 seconds ago

Is it me or does this seem to planned to be just a dumb government workers .
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Garage sale finds by Robb. @ 59 minutes 2 seconds ago

TODAY WAS TIN CAN DAY ! Found all these for $10.00 The Valvonline Oil cans are full.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Menards - QS full synthetic by LotI @ 59 minutes 27 seconds ago

Got my check today for the correct $54 amount.
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge Syntec 0W-20, 0W-30 BC, 0W-40 GC by Apollo14 @ Today at 02:40 PM

How much better could the Ti version be considering they have the same approvals? Just wondering if I should swap my non Ti bottles for an upcoming oil change.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >