by Nick1994
04/22/14 10:43 PM
Ordered Archoil
by domer10
04/22/14 10:29 PM
Mobil 1 0W30 AFE 6020 Miles 06 Toyota Tacoma V6
by qnyla
04/22/14 10:14 PM
Trip to NAPA today - new oil buying paradigm?
by SilverC6
04/22/14 10:06 PM
PWC ramp/dock
by Barkleymut
04/22/14 09:56 PM
15w40 Supertech
by Mackelroy
04/22/14 09:45 PM
Rebuilt engine warranty
by Stelth
04/22/14 08:50 PM
1997 Honda Civic EX 1.6L VTEC help
by Truck25Engine
04/22/14 08:43 PM
Newest Members
Defrazie, greenglower, rboone, Williema, mrpowderkeg
49669 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (Char Baby, dnewton3, dave180, bruno, Falcon_LS, 3 invisible), 606 Guests and 175 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49669 Members
64 Forums
212306 Topics
3327904 Posts

Max Online: 2651 @ 04/21/14 04:38 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DSG Transmission by Stag @ Today at 12:24 AM

The Ross-Tech software is terrific. The VCDS Lite is available free as a freeware, or as a registered version for $99. An inexpensive(~$15) cable can be obtained from Ebay. Try your cable with the freeware version; if it works on your car/computer co
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Straight Weight Oil by Bandito440 @ Today at 12:17 AM

It might be a bit harder on the starter, but I see no real reason not to use SAE40 oil as long as it meets requirements for addative levels. Straight weight would be more resistant to shear, so that's a plus. BMW's oil chart allows everything from
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Check those filters when buying! by navseawelder @ Today at 12:16 AM

Must have been a UofL graduate. LOL
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Check those filters when buying! by ZeeOSix @ Today at 12:10 AM

I've seen orange cans put in Ultra boxes at Walmart. Yes, by all means check the box for the right filter, and check the filter for flaws before buying.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Hawaiian Airlines Flight 45 by Merkava_4 @ Today at 12:07 AM

Teen hitches ride to Hawaii inside wheel well of a Boeing 767. News Link
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 question by CHARLIEBRONSON21 @ Today at 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Originally Posted By: Le_bow_skiYou are incorrect about both the inability of small perforations being unable to pass significant flows in comparison to filter media, and about hysteria (your characterization) over the
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Check those filters when buying! by 901Memphis @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Actually one swap where the guy got an upgrade. The funniest one i saw was where someone went to the trouble to put a TG inside a Bosch D clear box so they could get a Bosch D for a TG price, which was about a $5 savings.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Email from purolator today by ZeeOSix @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

This is from the Purolator letter: "Based on the information I have seen, the claims have been typically from stockpiled batches. We are always improving our products and process. I recommend buying new items as the need arise to take advantage
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Toyota Rav4 4cyl 4WD 100,000 Mile Maintenance by radtech91 @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

So this is what I got done this morning: - 3 time drain and fill on the transmission with the Toyota WS fluid. Got exactly 4 qts each time. First time the fluid was black and nasty. I could see an improvement in shifting just after the first drain.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Acura RL & Nissan Xterra ATF fluid changes? by Sawdusted @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

I concur with the 2 fluid recommendations. However if you want to just do a drain and fill with a pan drop. You won't need more than 1 gal unless you plan to do the drain and fill several times. I personally prefer the drain, fill, pump out method.
Jump to new posts Re: Whos been stashing the "New PP" ? by RGR @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Why stash the new? Locally both PU 5w-20 and 10w-30 still on Walmart shelves. Been collecting them alternately every time I go in. Stashing that until I clean them out or someone else does, then I would probably only collect the new PP GTL 10w-30 bec
Jump to new posts Re: Is 75k considered high mileage by CELICA_XX @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude75,000 is not the number... Its when you see the seals leaking or blue smoke out your tail pipe +1 I don't even look at the odometer when making the decision to switch to HM
Jump to new posts Re: My Next oil change for under $25 by RGR @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

I paid $1/qt for Mobil Clean 7500 a couple years back (65 qts in stash). $5.50 for oil, $6 for Mopar filter (got 4 at that price), I should be good for $11.50 oil changes/5000 miles, so call it $46 through the next 20,000 miles in the Jeep.
Jump to new posts Re: 03 Honda Civic by G.Frost @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Have a 05 Civic LX with 125K, only synthetic since new, mostly PP 5W-30 at 8-9K OCI. Looks just as clean as new in the valve train. I used Redline to clean up an 88 Accord (164K miles) from years of SG, etc. It did a good job, though there is still
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Check those filters when buying! by CHARLIEBRONSON21 @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

That guy missed out. That fram is SSSOOOO much better than that M1 lol
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) by andrewg @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: UncleLeeYou don't drive your car on the rail road tracks..so why would you ride a bicycle in the road. The tax payers in my area have paid for over 100 miles of bicycle trails, and people still ride on the road. absolute nuisanc
Jump to new posts Re: 1997 Honda Civic EX 1.6L VTEC help by CELICA_XX @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Mobil1 5W-30 HM or Pennzoil 5W-30 HM Fram ULTRA 5k OCI new PCV valve
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Check those filters when buying! by Pat in Speedway @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

While at Meijer tonight, I made my usual trip to the oil aisle to see what was on sale. I was looking over the oil filters and compared Fram Ultra to Mobil 1 EP. When I opened the M1 filter to compare it to the Ultra, to my surprise there was a plain
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for Generac GP5500 by MikeinNY @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: repairman54Synth is a must in any air cooled motor IMO Agreed 100% When I got my first generator (powermate) I remember lifting that thing off the ground trying to pull start it in low temps with straight 30 in it (I did not
Jump to new posts Re: My Next oil change for under $25 by CELICA_XX @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

How much did you actually save by not just purchasing another quart of PYB, instead of "MotoMaster" ? I always purchase an extra jug and use the excess for top-offs, etc...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ducked's Dirty Daihatsu by Ducked @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

As in life, alcohol might not solve the problem but it may make it go away for an hour or two, and sometimes that's enough. I'm not going to replace any non-consumable components unless I've got some reason to think they are faulty, and some way of
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Straight Weight Oil by outoforder @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Anyone running a straight weight in their bike? I don't, but have thought about it. I currently run 15w40 in my V-Star. When summer rolls around and temperatures are constantly over 70, why couldn't I run straight 30 or 40? Ambient air temperatur
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: The automatic transmission isn't the option....... by Sequoiasoon @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

I went to the NY auto show last week and in mid size 4 door the stick choices are getting more limited. Sonata, Optima, Camry, Fusion, Outback, Legacy all are no longer available in a Manual tranny. Volkswagon listed stick as standard with auto an op
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: What does Liqui-Moly CERATEC do? by Jteran5 @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: 147_GrainOriginally Posted By: demarpaintBoth people said Ceratec was the better of the two products and they shouldn't be in the sump at the same time. I would feel better if both people were on the same page. I agree! I jus
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) by UncleLee @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

You don't drive your car on the rail road tracks..so why would you ride a bicycle in the road. The tax payers in my area have paid for over 100 miles of bicycle trails, and people still ride on the road. absolute nuisance if you ask me. Not to mentio
Page 3 of 262 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 261 262 >