Recent Topics
Linux Mint - Grub rescue - Unmounted partition?
by 99Saturn
2 minutes 16 seconds ago
Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud...
by mrsilv04
8 minutes 44 seconds ago
Help pick a winner
by Camprunner
37 minutes 54 seconds ago
Economic high detergency oil
by buck91
44 minutes 35 seconds ago
Ordered test kit from Blackstone
by Swift101
45 minutes 45 seconds ago
ThinkWise
by stockrex
Today at 07:10 AM
2000 Saturn SL Intermittent No Start
by raffy
Today at 07:00 AM
Motorcraft SAE 75w90 Premium 4x4 Front Axle Lubric
by FordSUVTruck
Today at 06:00 AM
1997 Shell Product Data Book - XHVI Lubes
by Shannow
Today at 03:58 AM
Kohler engine likes to burn oil as much as gas.
by cwatkin
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Front wheel bearing issue
by JHZR2
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
Preferences
by 01_celica_gt
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Newest Members
SparkSVT, grumpyoldman, jbl_91762, PapasGuy, fanie
51170 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (-SyN-, 2010_FX4, 01rangerxl, 67King, 2004tdigls, 05LGTLtd, 7 invisible), 1564 Guests and 245 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51170 Members
64 Forums
218665 Topics
3448022 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Accords MPG on recent trip... by Miller88 @ 51 minutes 58 seconds ago

If they had a decrease in Ethanol, that will definitely do it
Jump to new posts Re: Why the auto repair industry gets a bad rep by KrisZ @ 52 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071 I'm not sure how shop employees can sleep at night when they use the scare tactic on their customers. Let me be the devil's advocate here for a second. I don't like shops or dealers any more than the next person an
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Saturn SL Intermittent No Start by Darwin1138 @ 52 minutes 21 seconds ago

When you get the no start condition you need to measure the battery voltage directly on the terminals, it sounds to me like a short circuit inside one of the battery cells, if you measure around 10.5 V then one cell is bad.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Accidentally put lubegard black into ATF+4 by lairdwd @ 53 minutes 3 seconds ago

You guys rock. Thanks so much. I have decided to let it simmer. Other than the slippage when I really get on it up hills, slippage and other symptoms are non-existent. In fact, it's helped immensely for the hard shift problem and seems to be getting
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Saturn SL Intermittent No Start by eljefino @ 56 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: raffyOK, I'll try this after work today. I should have mentioned that the dashboard lights repeatedly flash on and off and there is a periodic, repeated clicking of an under dash relay AFTER I release the key from Start to Run.
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcraft SAE 75w90 Premium 4x4 Front Axle Lubric by lugNutz @ 57 minutes 36 seconds ago

75w-140 should be the rear on that truck. 75w-90 will suit you just fine. Grab Supertech syn from wallyworld, or if you don't like that flavor, grab some valvoline from any Napa or similar. M1 is another option, just double the price of Supertech.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru and the oil consumption engine / lawsuit by Hokiefyd @ 59 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JTKTo the OP, why a Subaru in Atlanta? As much as I love Soobs, I see no point unless you live in a winter wonderland. Winter weather or not, Subarus are still good cars. Especially the Outback, one of the last readily-availa
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: 24" Unbreakable Breaker Bar ? by Smcatub @ Today at 08:02 AM

I've abused the heck out of my HF breaker for the past 5+ years and I haven't had a problem with it.
Jump to new posts Re: Just for fun / Best sounding car you ever owned by A_Harman @ Today at 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Silk And the best sounding 3cyl is the Commer TS3. I would love to hear one of those, but I don't think they ever made it to the US.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Smoothest, quitest tire for 2013 Civic sedan? by Char Baby @ Today at 07:58 AM

Keep in mind that the Primacy MXV4's are being replaced by the "NEW" Michelin Premier A/S. Though, you can still easily find MXV4's in stock, their quantity is dwindling! My duaghter currently(since May'14) has the "NEW" Pirelli
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcraft SAE 75w90 Premium 4x4 Front Axle Lubric by FordSUVTruck @ Today at 07:55 AM

I know it must be for a case. I came across these websites when I googled it. The one said it wasn't available any longer. I have since called three Ford dealers and: -one said they no longer carry it and to just use any 75x90 like Valvoline.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Diagnose tire wear by Quattro Pete @ Today at 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Char BabyMost alignment shop will check the alignment for free and show you the printout. Not sure if it varies with suspension design, but every time I've asked to just have the alignment "checked", I was told that &
Tires & Wheels
For those with the P7's have you used them in the winter? If so, how are they in snow, ice, etc.
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Saturn SL Intermittent No Start by edwardh1 @ Today at 07:54 AM

bat cables have two ends on each cable
Jump to new posts Re: Who rev matches their downshifts? by A_Harman @ Today at 07:52 AM

Yep, I rev-match every downshift, but I don't generally double-clutch. I do double-clutch to get into first gear in my '72 GMC 1500. My heel-toe technique is deeply ingrained after having done it for 28+ years, and I teach it to my students when I
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Saturn SL Intermittent No Start by raffy @ Today at 07:47 AM

OK, I'll try this after work today. I should have mentioned that the dashboard lights repeatedly flash on and off and there is a periodic, repeated clicking of an under dash relay AFTER I release the key from Start to Run. If I let go of the key, i
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda real time AWD by Hokiefyd @ Today at 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: suptonI gave serious thought to RAV4 a while ago, and one of its allures was the "lock" button. Instead of waiting until the rear slips to engage the rear (or to deliver more than 10% torque, whatever) you could "
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Holster Review: PJ Holster for M&P Shield by Hokiefyd @ Today at 07:39 AM

I tried one nearly identical to the Kestrel holsters, from 4 Corners Concealment. They look identical...they may indeed be the same, I don't know. Either way, I tried the 4CC one and also a different brand (but same style) from Concealed Carry Conc
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: ThinkWise by leeharvey418 @ Today at 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: stockrexIs this stuff even legal? Seriously? I'll grant you that some executive in charge of HR is displaying their ignorance by implementing that test for candidates, but it's not at all unusual.
Jump to new posts Re: Who rev matches their downshifts? by IndyIan @ Today at 07:35 AM

I rev match pretty much all the time, but I have to work on double clutching. Feels awkward and slow, but the Tracker's 2nd synchro can be a bit grouchy, so it would be worthwhile.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler engine likes to burn oil as much as gas. by mrsilv04 @ Today at 07:34 AM

What does the owner's manual recommend for oil? Have you tried anything like an 'old school' straight 30 weight? Did the small engine guy have any recommendations for what oil might slow it down?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New to GDI engines by ChrisD46 @ Today at 07:34 AM

So , what's a Hyundai oil filter effeciency at 25 microns ?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage Oil Advice ? by Char Baby @ Today at 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46Thanks for the replies - mainly a summer time oil for a Kia van with 100K + miles on it and a older Jeep 4.0L with twice that mileage ... The Jeep 4.0L will love the Penn HM 10W30
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Diagnose tire wear by Char Baby @ Today at 07:32 AM

Most alignment shop will check the alignment for free and show you the printout. If it's close, I usually just leave it alone but, it's good to see anyway!
Jump to new posts Re: Who rev matches their downshifts? by leeharvey418 @ Today at 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris142i dont use the clutch to shift up or down. you could say that i rev match every time. Affirmative.
Page 3 of 252 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 251 252 >