by Char Baby
10/01/14 07:49 AM
Rockauto sent me the wrong part
by Klutch9
10/01/14 07:30 AM
Sibling rivalry
by supton
10/01/14 07:26 AM
Recalls - our reward card saved us ($10)
by Shannow
10/01/14 06:40 AM
Drawbacks of high detergent oil?
by Spetz
10/01/14 06:24 AM
10/1-11/16 5 qt's Napa Synthetic w/Silver OF$21.99
by tenderloin
10/01/14 02:45 AM
10/1-10/28 O'Reilly Sales Ad
by tenderloin
10/01/14 02:15 AM
Got the Hi-Power
by john_pifer
10/01/14 12:03 AM
Upgraded Mobil Jet Oil 387
by syfi
09/30/14 11:40 PM
klotz super techniplate feed back
by mcn1970
09/30/14 10:58 PM
ISIS appears 5 miles from Baghdad
by dave1251
09/30/14 10:34 PM
Newest Members
PAssatGuy, mcn1970, KCChemist, bbuice, Hemingway
51460 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (01_celica_gt, abycat, askani79705, 05LGTLtd, ARCOgraphite, 6 invisible), 1592 Guests and 179 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51460 Members
64 Forums
220068 Topics
3475031 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: The. Car. Deodorizer. by OneEyeJack @ Today at 08:14 AM

Don't forget the carpets, headliner, door panels and upholstery. And get under the seats, too. If a previous owner smoked in the car be patient. It's going to take time and work to get rid of that awful smell. The inside of the glass might take som
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola Information by CourierDriver @ Today at 08:13 AM

http://www.npr.org/blogs/goatsandsoda/20...worker-catch-it The fight against Ebola in West Africa suffered a setback Wednesday. Dr. Sheik Umar Khan, one of the top doctors treating patients, caught the virus, even though he was wearing protective
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: A few new Walmart oil prices by ThirdeYe @ Today at 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30Maxlife has always been super cheap at Wal-Mart, I don't care for Wal-Mart but you gotta admit, they destroy others in oil prices, even specials at auto stores its still cheaper there. Time for me to grab some of that P
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Heat pump for winter heating by SHOZ @ Today at 08:08 AM

I have a vent less propane heater. Been two winters now. Best get a CO2 monitor and some sort of ventilation setup unless you have a very leaky house.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Destination LE/2 by OneEyeJack @ Today at 08:05 AM

I started with Michelin Cross Terrains on my then new 03 V8 4Runner. They were good tires and lasted 88K miles. I replaced them with Michelin Latitudes. Big mistake. They took a lot of weight to balance. Had tread separations and uneven wear with no
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator oil filter build date code etc... by sayjac @ Today at 08:04 AM

Just to clarify for the OP inquiring about the 'U' year code on the PowerFlo. Mustang2008Z as linked above first correctly identified the most recent Puro date code system and 'A' is 2009. That is not in dispute. Some then assumed that the previous
Jump to new posts Re: 10/1-10/28 O'Reilly Sales Ad by ThirdeYe @ Today at 08:04 AM

Is the price for the Havoline ProDS Synthetic with a MIR or without? Edit: I finally got the ad for my local store to load. I see no mention of a MIR... good deal! Just FYI they have Havoline in place of Chevron at my store, according to the ad. I'
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wet shaving with a DE "safety razor". by grampi @ Today at 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvisOriginally Posted By: Benzadmiral Yes, at first I would nick myself at least once a week. After a while, if I stayed with sharp-but-not-too-sharp blades, there were no problems. That's how I feel with the Shark Bla
Not a bad deal at all, especially for those that prefer to avoid MIRs. I already have a pretty huge stash thanks to the great Menards deals earlier this year, though. We'll see if this stops me.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Good report. Looks like even the hybrid Honda DI still has some fuel dilution issues but as always, it isn't going to hurt anything. Interesting to see it looks like most other DI UOAs.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Mag 1 full synthetic ATF for Mazda M-V? by leshan @ Today at 08:01 AM

I read these two pdfs before I post this topic. These two pdfs don't list 'Meet Requirements' for M-V but some other stands. M-V just listed as 'Suitable for Use'. I also read in a mazda forum post said that 34 cSt at 40C and 7.0 cSt at 100C are the
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Mazda 3 by riggaz @ Today at 07:59 AM

I suppose in these new world order/globalisation times we should be asking Are the Mazda engines made by Mazda or just badge engineered Ford engines. If they are both Ford engines then I'd swerve the diesel engine, I don't believe Ford have made a
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Drawbacks of high detergent oil? by Lapham3 @ Today at 07:59 AM

I have to acknowledge that I often chuckle about folks that worry about the 'expense' of oil changes. Of course, I'm an old school guy who does most himself and seen the insides of many engines, but a guy will proudly trumpet the great deal on the ne
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rockauto sent me the wrong part by ThirdeYe @ Today at 07:57 AM

Hopefully they'll do the right thing and give you a full refund, plus a prepaid return label. I recently bought a PCV valve from O'Reilly and it would not fit in the vehicle, so I know how frustrating it is (albeit on a smaller scale).
Jump to new posts Re: '14 Hond CR V AWD service by riggaz @ Today at 07:54 AM

This system is a European system so there may be anomalies and differences between euro and US
I have the OEM oil temp sender up next to the cam control solenoid and one on the oil filter adapter. The OEM sensor will heat up much faster than the filter adapter one. It will always read higher too when the car is running down the road. If I s
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Windows 10 by Quattro Pete @ Today at 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Tegger Originally Posted By: gathermewool Let me Google that for you! Linky no worky (no search terms, just blank dialog box). Wait for it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rockauto sent me the wrong part by Char Baby @ Today at 07:52 AM

Yes, if it's RA's fault that you received the wrong part, they will give you a return ship NUMBER to ship the part back to them on their dime. If you ordered the incorrect part#, well, it's on your dime!
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Yup
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
I couldn't really make out what they were using at the 18 second mark. Rest of the video, they were comparing it against traditional jump-starter straight on the bench. If you had not pointed it out, I would have never realized that two second blur
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Apple releases important update by JHZR2 @ Today at 07:49 AM

The first reply was beyond irrelevant and it started down that path so the post and replies were removed. I get that it was an attempt at a joke, but security updates are important regardless (I haven't looked into this one personally), and shouldn'
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Destination LE/2 by Char Baby @ Today at 07:49 AM

My buddy is changing the tires(Michelin Latitude - 225-65-17) on his '11 Equinox LS, 2WD, 4 cyl. I suggested that he tries the Firestone Destination LE/2's as their reviews are great, he wants better winter traction w/o using dedicated snow/ice tires
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Electric dryer tripping breaker by NateDN10 @ Today at 07:48 AM

Thanks. Also... $50 for a 30A breaker? Yikes! I did not expect it to be that expensive.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rockauto sent me the wrong part by sicko @ Today at 07:47 AM

They're really good about dealing with things like this. The same thing happened to me a few months back, and they took care of it by immediately overnighting the needed part to me. I was actually very happy with their customer service and will con
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Upgraded Mobil Jet Oil 387 by A_Harman @ Today at 07:47 AM

KV40 = 25.9 cSt KV100 = 5.2 cSt VI = 135 With that KV100, it falls below any current SAE automotive viscosity grade, so don't anybody out there get any fancy ideas... Or wait a minute, maybe if I mixed in a little bit of Lucas oil stabilizer...
Page 3 of 260 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 259 260 >