by Enigma
10/31/14 05:53 PM
How Often Do You Get a Flat Tire?
by SubLGT
10/31/14 05:11 PM
Elliott Sadler To Race For Roush Fenway Racing
by tenderloin
10/31/14 04:36 PM
Just looked at the new 2015 Ford Mustangs.
by wtd
10/31/14 04:29 PM
Dex 4 plus additive pkg makes Dex 6 ?
by CKN
10/31/14 04:29 PM
Is Motorcraft orange coolant really just Dexcool?
by wtd
10/31/14 04:21 PM
Converting to Fram Synthetic Filter & Penzoil Plat
by OlPalGary
10/31/14 04:11 PM
Engine failure because of oil filter?
by dlundblad
10/31/14 03:57 PM
Strange transmission behavior
by spencertimm
10/31/14 03:52 PM
14 inch cheap rims for winter
by andrewp1998
10/31/14 03:41 PM
VAG 1.8T Guru
by 2008wrx
10/31/14 03:39 PM
Mazda Mx-5 2012,mazda oil synth 0w20 5683km
by Baveux
10/31/14 03:33 PM
Newest Members
Thourun, Zach72, SandCastle, ymc226, redwoods73
51758 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (901Memphis, 05LGTLtd, 943kgt, 2010_FX4, 123Saab, 2008wrx, 8 invisible), 1277 Guests and 175 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51758 Members
64 Forums
221480 Topics
3502437 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Color has nothing to do with the composition of the coolant (corrosion inhibitors in the coolant, to state it more accurately). This applies to green, orange, and any other-color coolant. Brand-new cars don't consume coolant. If it does, have it rep
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Durango 4.7 a dog in cold weather by Red91 @ Today at 04:56 PM

The rough idle could be a dirty Idle Air Control Valve. The noise...everyone's perception is different. One person's "loud" is another's normal. My Dakota has a little top end noise upon could start no matter what the exterior temperature.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire Review-AltiMAX RT43 by Rand @ Today at 04:53 PM

the cs5 has almost no tread voids how would that be better in the snow?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Time to get rid of the Integra? by Lapham3 @ Today at 04:52 PM

With you being in snow/salt country, on the next vehicle, try and keep the rust from getting out of hand. I've bent up new brake lines on some of my cars over the years, and it may be something you can handle yourself? I can't see time/materials gett
Jump to new posts Re: Is Motorcraft orange coolant really just Dexcool? by crazyoildude @ Today at 04:52 PM

a 2014 mustang ahould not be a drop- low on coolant there is a problem somewhere And the gold is zerex GO-5
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: VAG 1.8T Guru by FowVay @ Today at 04:52 PM

The oil is from a failed spark plug well seal. This is a strip that seals all four plug wells so replacement will require replacing the entire valve cover gasket set. The water mix is a mystery. It's possible that moisture has accumulated in the wel
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Just looked at the new 2015 Ford Mustangs. by dustyroads @ Today at 04:47 PM

I saw a truck load of the 2015's going down the road but it was too short of a look to decide what I think. Seeing them on video and in pictures I'm not too crazy about them. I guess they'll be a better track running car anyway. I love the 2013/2014
Jump to new posts Re: Converting to Fram Synthetic Filter & Penzoil Plat by Inspecktor @ Today at 04:46 PM

Not much can be done about where auto makers source parts, but I like buying what items I can find that are made in USA.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 5W-30, 12363 mi, Hyundai Genesis 3.8L by BeerCan @ Today at 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: wemayIf you're driving the AT version - sport coupe Manual transmission version - sports car We've seen plenty at the track and they hold their own. I would go with M1 EP for sure but it doesn't look bad as is. May be true bu
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Dex 4 plus additive pkg makes Dex 6 ? by Trav @ Today at 04:42 PM

Don't use that stuff. There is no Dex 4. Its just a multi vehicle fluid Dex III/Mercon and they add some sort of additive to it. I suggest either doing it yourself with Dex VI fluid or let the dealer or a well known indy do it.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Is there a core charge????
I took a picture of the odometer when my 92 Cavalier that is my daily driver hit 200,000 miles a couple months ago. Other than that, I don't do anything special. Wayne
Tires & Wheels
Originally Posted By: wings&wheelsYou should be fine. Put them on, torque to spec and check/retorque in 30 miles or so. Check again after if you want. I have the Wolf's (w/ G90's) on my Series, had the same concern, did the above and have nev
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: New computer build by Nick R @ Today at 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SmcatubOriginally Posted By: RandOriginally Posted By: Bottom_FeederThe aftermarket CPU cooler is pretty unnecessary... the stock cooler is a joke esp. if you are going to do any overclocking My stock cooler is keeping my
Jump to new posts Re: Storing Car in Storage Facility by wtd @ Today at 04:37 PM

I stored my 2014 Mustang GT in my garage from the beginning of Dec last year to about the beginning of March of this year and did not do anything special. I didn't even change the oil as it only had about 4,500 miles on it. I did not drive the car
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Elliott Sadler To Race For Roush Fenway Racing by tenderloin @ Today at 04:36 PM

CONCORD, N.C. (Oct. 31, 2014) -- OneMain Financial announced today that it will be the primary sponsor of the Roush Fenway Racing No. 1 OneMain Financial Ford Mustang driven by Elliott Sadler in the 2015 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS). This sponsorship
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Engine failure because of oil filter? by Trav @ Today at 04:35 PM

I only personally saw one engine failure and it happened very quickly. the oil light went out (no gauge) but that only took 2 psi to extinguish. It makes a good case for a gauge. A guy got the oil and filter changed at an Esso station late at night o
Jump to new posts Re: Battery Tester Lies? by EdwardC @ Today at 04:32 PM

Another note, if you're starting at 12.2V, then turning on the headlights for 10 minutes decreases the voltage down to 11.9V (I would again let this rest a while to let the voltage rebound), that would mean that you went from 50% SOC down to about 12
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got terminated by Lapham3 @ Today at 04:32 PM

I worked retail at the corner drug store, a hardware store and the 5th Target store built during junior and senior high school. By the end I realized that I wouldn't care to do that as a career. However, I learned early a lot of good life and workpla
All of your cars have components in them that are made abroad.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Proud of My Dad by Phishin @ Today at 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Lapham3Dad can't be native Minnesnowta as no Buddys who wear a Rolex have been ever been born up here. I'm a native long time donor type who threw the watch (probably $5 Chinese special)and pocket protector away when I retired.
Jump to new posts Just looked at the new 2015 Ford Mustangs. by wtd @ Today at 04:29 PM

The local dealer has three new 2015 Mustangs. They have one ecoboost/auto, one v6/6 speed manual, and one GT/auto. I didn't drive any of them but did sit inside the GT and V6 model. The v6 model had the cloth interior. The seats in both cars did
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Dex 4 plus additive pkg makes Dex 6 ? by CKN @ Today at 04:29 PM

So-I have a 2011-Silverado that I use for a tow vehicle. I bought everything I needed for an oil change and I couldn't get the drain plug loose. It wouldn't budge.(Last time it was changed by the dealer was back in March). So I take my oil and filter
Jump to new posts Re: 01 taurus wont starter after new battery by 01rangerxl @ Today at 04:29 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the car needed a starter. The oil filter is very close to and above the starter on Vulcans, so the starter gets covered in oil every time the filter comes off. I don't think the Taurus ever came with the funnel tha
Jump to new posts Re: Is Motorcraft orange coolant really just Dexcool? by michaelluscher @ Today at 04:28 PM

IIRC, Motorcrafts Gold (G-05) isn't Dexcool Zerex makes a gallon of G-05 in premix and concentrate for $15 a gallon.
Page 3 of 234 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 233 234 >