Recent Topics
Shuffle your feet!
by Stelth
07/30/16 11:44 AM
BMW Hexhead gearbox oil? Redline shockproof?
by David_g
07/30/16 11:11 AM
Meg's Ultimate vs Collinite 845/476s?
by MisterBen
07/30/16 10:17 AM
Why do factory filters get such a bad rep?
by MisterBen
07/30/16 10:09 AM
Strange oil filter experiance. I'm stumped.
by callbay
07/30/16 10:06 AM
WiFi Extenders
by GGorman04
07/30/16 09:54 AM
Need Help getting on track/ 07 Honda Pilot
by 07Piloteer
07/30/16 09:23 AM
Installing A Magnefine Filter
by -SyN-
07/30/16 09:22 AM
Delo 400 Bottles LH?
by AirgunSavant
07/30/16 09:14 AM
wheel bearing grease
by meborder
07/30/16 06:59 AM
My car audio build thread
by dan_erickson
07/30/16 06:08 AM
Pegasus PS737 Cut Open. Unknown Mileage / Oil
by Farmer
07/30/16 05:45 AM
Newest Members
RM53119, Ctanke, jractk, LatitudeDancer, AKN
58647 Registered Users
Who's Online
64 registered (andrewp1998, another Todd, AirgunSavant, -SyN-, AIRJAC3, A310, 5 invisible), 2133 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58647 Members
66 Forums
252445 Topics
4140473 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Its too bad. It could have been a decent filter if they used a little less glue and a better ADBV. This filter may be lurking at small mom n pop shops.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Effectiveness of Car Headlights by willbur @ Today at 10:18 AM

It works both ways. You want great illumination at a distance but what about the oncoming traffic that are blinded by your great lights? I notice that even the alleged poor lights are blinding at times. Just saying...
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Strange oil filter experiance. I'm stumped. by Ethan1 @ Today at 10:18 AM

That happened to me on a Vulcan in a Taurus before and I am still confused as to why. I didn't really investigate because it was a beater and it was running OK...
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Meg's Ultimate vs Collinite 845/476s? by MisterBen @ Today at 10:17 AM

I've been using Collinite with Rejex on the glass/headlights. My Collinite is pretty much dead, it's really old now. So, I had been just using the Rejex for a while and that is OK if you apply it very specifically. If you don't follow the directio
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Briggs 'Quantum 6.0' Flathead top no load 2600RPM by jeepman3071 @ Today at 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeOriginally Posted By: Colt45wsI thought I cleaned it out pretty good. I soaked it in brake cleaner and then blew everything out with compressed air. Ill try the berryman first. Carb rebuild kit = $12-$14 Berrymans B1
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: To change or not? by funflyer @ Today at 10:13 AM

Which vehicle? What oil/filter is in it? How loaded down will the vehicle be on the trip? You could just split the difference and have it changed half way through your trip.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Installing A Magnefine Filter by Ethan1 @ Today at 10:12 AM

Per the manufacturer, you would install it before the cooler on a new vehicle in order to keep the cooler clean, after the cooler on an older vehicle which already has contaminants lodged in the cooler. Obviously you would also put it before the cool
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Why do factory filters get such a bad rep? by MisterBen @ Today at 10:09 AM

Not even necessarily here, but in general. My Toyota 4Runner uses a cartridge filter, and I have a terrible time finding filters that are built better than the Toyota filter. Fram's older Tough Guard models look pretty decent (Korean), but it's har
Jump to new posts Re: Installing A Magnefine Filter by daman @ Today at 10:07 AM

You want to put the filter in right before it dumps back into the trans pan, After the rad.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Strange oil filter experiance. I'm stumped. by callbay @ Today at 10:06 AM

1998 3.0 v/6 Ranger 4x4 pickup. 212,000 miles. I am putting in a new gasket set for the timing chain cover and I drained the oil and dropped the oil pan as far as it would go to access the timing chain cover. I next took off the oil filer. A Purol
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How do you politely say no to people? by Al @ Today at 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitNo, I won't tell you how. Not only do I not have the time, but something that simple should be easy to figure out for any reasonably intelligent adult. This. The OP seems to have a lot of problems in "People Int
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Observations on Workplace corrosion by Old Mustang Guy @ Today at 10:01 AM

Thanks, didn't know that. I thought about exhaust systems/mufflers where some systems are stainless steel. I believe the Flowmaster mufflers I had on a couple of Mustangs were galvanized.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts WiFi Extenders by GGorman04 @ Today at 09:54 AM

I was thinking of adding a wifi extender in my house. Are there any radiation type issues with this as we have with cell phones? Thanks in advance
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help getting on track/ 07 Honda Pilot by NormanBuntz @ Today at 09:52 AM

Going to 8-10K oil changes probably will surpass the readings of your OLM. If it was me, I'd use the high mileage synthetic of choice and follow the OLM calculations. I've always found the OLM on my 2007 Ridgeline (same motor) to be accurate based on
Jump to new posts Re: Wondering if sitting with few quick starts degrad by Ohle_Manezzini @ Today at 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8As a youngster I worked for a man with a substantial car collection. The one ironclad rule was never start the car unless you can drive it for 20-30 minutes. The 3 hour drive probably helped flash off moisture, etc.,
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: wheel bearing grease by Chris142 @ Today at 09:45 AM

My trailer has the same grease that my truck calls for.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: My car audio build thread by AirgunSavant @ Today at 09:41 AM

Me either.
Jump to new posts Re: Installing A Magnefine Filter by DB_Cooper @ Today at 09:39 AM

I don't think it matters much. The return line will be at engine coolant temps..maybe slightly cooler than the inlet side when driven hard. I would use the line which gives you the best position to service the Magnefine filter.
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help getting on track/ 07 Honda Pilot by SatinSilver @ Today at 09:37 AM

How did you manage to leave a quart of oil in the engine?
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help getting on track/ 07 Honda Pilot by Kuato @ Today at 09:32 AM

1st choice for extending: UOA. Without doing this you'll always question whether the oil is good or not. Once you get up to your desired OCI length, no more need to have them done just run it that long.... 2nd choice is your oil. Choose somethin
Jump to new posts Re: To change or not? by stro_cruiser @ Today at 09:29 AM

leave it in, knowing that you're not wasting good oil. Enjoy your trip!
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: SayjacOriginally Posted By: DBMasterWhy, thank you, Sayjac. You're a gentleman and a scholar. I don't quite understand all the animosity, either. Maybe that's just what passion leads to these days. Thanks DB and likewise t
Jump to new posts Re: Your FINAL though on Quaker State oil line by Kuato @ Today at 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony10sOriginally Posted By: meborderNever have, never will. Thats my final thoughts on QS in general. Dad used it all the time, but thats because he could get it for $0.99 or less at Menards. I don't know which oils you use
Jump to new posts Need Help getting on track/ 07 Honda Pilot by 07Piloteer @ Today at 09:23 AM

I am looking for guidance on all things oil for my 2007 Honda Pilot. Recently, when I rolled 120K miles, I decided to take on the oil changes myself, as opposed to changes by any random quicky-lube type place that had a sale. I have been reading up
Jump to new posts Installing A Magnefine Filter by -SyN- @ Today at 09:22 AM

With the ridiculous cost of the plastic composite transmission pan and built in filters I figured a magnefine filter would save me from dropping & replacing the composite plastic pan until at least the 100k mile mark. My question ----> is it
Page 3 of 240 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 239 240 >