08/25/16 08:11 PM
98-02 Corolla and Oil Consumption
by mmorri16
08/25/16 08:10 PM
Newest Members
rgmbedzi3, wildkid2008, dccode, dromonk, sledhead1
58930 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (adamrc, 87sammy, 09_GXP, alarmguy, 2015_PSD, 901Memphis, 4 invisible), 1344 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58930 Members
66 Forums
253570 Topics
4162511 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Is there a market for a used tool box? w/Pics by cptbarkey @ Today at 07:04 AM

I have that husky box bought new late 2014, keep an eye on it because it can drop as low as $220. As an amateur occasional wrencher is works perfect for me. Beware when googling though, internet critics say it has HIV (thin metal walls) and other non
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Originally Posted By: BTLew81Very nice. This is my next oil, I think. . Where did you purchase? Amazon, seems to be the only place I've found with good pricing. Oh, buy the 12 pack. Best value.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: some strange lawsuits against fast food franchises by racer12306 @ Today at 06:57 AM

Originally Posted By: John_Conradthe finger in the wendy's chili sure backfired! lol Yeah it did. I remember the story, certainly never knew that happened.
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: 1950s scare of Detergent engine oils by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 06:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Astro14 In point of fact, he didn't say that it needed to be rebuilt, but he DID say not to use detergent oil until AFTER the rebuild. If you had seen the layer of thick, black goo in the oil pan of a 1932 engine that had been
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend Shoulder Holster by Smoky14 @ Today at 06:55 AM

Originally Posted By: AlI do a lot of hiking. If youfeel you need a large frame revolver/hand gun just fasten it to your backpack. If its a nine just use a hip OWB carry. To me a shoulder carry would be uncomfortable for heavy hiking hiking. What
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dryer Duct Boosters? by larryinnewyork @ Today at 06:54 AM

The Power Vent may well be the best solution. Sounds like you already decided on getting one. ----------------------------------------------- I like to go thru the REVIEWS on Amazon. Some may be fake, but the Negative ones give you a heads up on any
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: My UOA with Frantz TP Filter by kschachn @ Today at 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By: carockToo many miles on the Frantz between filter changes! Try every 3000 miles. Originally Posted By: A310Please keep the oil reports coming. I recently got a deal on 2 nos Frantz and am planning to install one on my wife's
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wife is livid by Jarlaxle @ Today at 06:53 AM

So...you didn't read the thread, then.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wife is livid by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 06:50 AM

Great outcome but unusual IMO. Glad it worked out well for her. But in my world the small damages that happen in normal parking lot interactions with the public are just part of ownership. I carefully park my two nice cars so as to avoid what I can,
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new Focus ST... by DuckRyder @ Today at 06:47 AM

I wouldn't trust a Ford iOlm... many reports of it happily letting folks motor along to 20,000 miles or so... particularly on Focus and Fiesta IIRC.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 F250 6.4L Oil by Bighorn2500 @ Today at 06:45 AM

$5 per gallon Rebate going on with T5 & T6 Rotella, Note: Offer ends December 31, 2016. Limit 4 rebates per person. http://rotella.shell.com/coupons-rebates-and-sweepstakes/save-5-per-gallon.html Usually $20 or less a gallon at Walmart then sen
Jump to new posts Re: 98-02 Corolla and Oil Consumption by Bottom_Feeder @ Today at 06:45 AM

I eventually slowed, nearly stopped the consumption issues my wife's '02 Corolla had. Hers wasn't too bad but was still losing a quart every 1.5k miles or so. Now it's barely half a quart per 3k miles. I'm not really sure what helped but I did start
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Android 7 Nougat out.(nexus devices) by Quattro Pete @ Today at 06:40 AM

So, did you guys unenroll from the beta program right after Nougat finished installing with no ill effects? The beta program mentions your device will be wiped if you unenroll, but then other websites say you "should" be fine here because
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: FL910S C&P, 4,000 miles by pbm @ Today at 06:35 AM

If I could be sure that every FL910S looked that good I'd use nothing else on my Escape and Focus but with the Purolator TEARING issues I can't be sure....
Jump to new posts Re: Where to get adapter nipple from 3/4-16 to 1/16? by racer12306 @ Today at 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMikeOriginally Posted By: racer12306So you want to dump all the oil that goes through the filter onto the cam, etc? I'm curious what it is that Ryan wrote that would make you post such a question? I see nothing in his po
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake failure question by Ducked @ Today at 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: willburSo the "pundits" want to know- what was the solution/fix ? While we're waiting, here's some visible damage from old brake fluid. This system has had lots of fluid changes lately, but of course that doesn't re
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new Focus ST... by demarpaint @ Today at 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriverThis is what Ford reccomends : Recommended motor oil (U.S.): WSS-M2C946-A Motorcraft SAE 5W-30 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil XO-5W30-QSP Recommended motor oil (Canada): WSS-M2C946-A Motorcraft SAE 5W-30 Super
Vehicles
Sure they are, the whole ordeal with their diesel emissions was all set up to force VW onto the EV bandwagon. You cannot have the "emission free" utopia with one of the biggest car manufacturers speaking out against electric cars, which is
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy Volt bad idea for BITOG members! by Merkava_4 @ Today at 06:10 AM

If you can see it on the dipstick, change it out. There's no reason why a Volt can't have new looking oil all the time.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Bmw twin power 5w30 by SonofJoe @ Today at 06:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Kamele0NWhy are americans so amused with OBSOLETE vw 502 spec? Here in eu even dino 20w50 oil have vw 502 spec.... It would be better if you will look after vw 504/507...it is way ahead! Do you mean VW501 rather than VW502
Jump to new posts Re: My UOA with Frantz TP Filter by A310 @ Today at 06:09 AM

Please keep the oil reports coming. I recently got a deal on 2 nos Frantz and am planning to install one on my wife's 2007 jeep diesel and see how it compares to other bypass filters. I agree with Carock, that the TP roll should be changed every 300
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new Focus ST... by bigt61 @ Today at 06:02 AM

Originally Posted By: HKPoliceSince you're in Ontario, use M1 0w40. Turbo DI = more fuel dilution than any other engine type and winter temps will drop down to -20C. Don't bother with any mineral oil for break in, it's an old wives tale. And a lot o
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dryer Duct Boosters? by 2015_PSD @ Today at 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By: xfactor9You compared your drying time with the neighbor's; but what washer are they using? Some washers wring clothes dry better than others due to a faster spin cycle.It is the same model washer and dryer; Samsung.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Volkswagen bets big on EV(Electric Vehicle) by Pop_Rivit @ Today at 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By: CT8Where is all the electricity going to come from? California has brownouts when there is a hot spell. A half million EV will suck the grid dry. Here in Iowa we produce more electricity than we can use from wind power, and ar
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: FL910S C&P, 4,000 miles by AirgunSavant @ Today at 05:57 AM

Nice pictures Too bad the 820's ain't this pretty Thanks
Page 3 of 225 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 224 225 >