05/01/16 10:12 PM
15k miles on Fram xg6607 2011 Mazda 2
by micmac
05/01/16 09:53 PM
Newest Members
stydel311, jackadf, rlb4, apenland01, 2ManyMiles
57767 Registered Users
Who's Online
35 registered (1foxracing, Abakev, 19jacobob93, Boomer, Astro_Guy, bandz7, 2 invisible), 680 Guests and 319 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57767 Members
66 Forums
248344 Topics
4060849 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Creeping and Thickening by Ducked @ Today at 12:46 AM

Whaddya mean "creeping"? Either it leaked, or it evaporated. I'd guess you'd see leakage, though I suppose it depends what its sitting on. Assuming leakage would be visible, it either evaporated (which happens, but not much, even for sup
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
FMK,SCCY,KEL-TEC,Honor Defense,Cobra,Rock River,Les Baer
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Reuse fram XG for 1 more O/C? by micmac @ Today at 12:39 AM

I think the part about actually getting better filtering of your oil is where most of us get interested. New filters don't work as well and Fram has designed a darn good filter in the xg series that will not fail within 15k miles. But you are corre
Jump to new posts Re: Creeping and Thickening by Shannow @ Today at 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111Is this the phenomenon Dr. Haas described in the Motor Oil University? Quote:Motor oil becomes permanently thicker with exposure to northerly winter type weather. This is more of a problem to mineral based oils. W
Jump to new posts Re: What to use in 99 Buick Lesabre OCI? by Merkava_4 @ Today at 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: gallydifWhat's bad about their synthetic? Go back in the water; I'm trying to catch me a bigger fish. Something like a kschachn or a dave1251.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Reuse fram XG for 1 more O/C? by goodtimes @ Today at 12:27 AM

I never heard when someone passes away it said "he sure wasted a lot of that money changing his oil filter once an oil change instead of every two changes." I look t it as a subway sandwich once a year extra. My owners manual says never cha
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best spark plugs? by Merkava_4 @ Today at 12:25 AM

I always get OE plugs if possible.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MC FL-820S C&P Coming by BlueOvalFitter @ Today at 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: KuatoWhat a find for him, well done! 5.4 or 4.6? Bet it just needs a little TLC to be a great vehicle. I'm glad the woman has gotten past the grief enough to be able to let the truck go. 5.4. The truck is Aspen Green Metalli
Jump to new posts Re: Motor oil university 106 by Shannow @ Today at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111Originally Posted By: zengBrocLuno, On "90 percent of engine wear occurs at startup" ..... majority of this startup wear is corrosion wear (as opposed to adhesive/abrasive wear , if any ) ... where flow o
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Reuse fram XG for 1 more O/C? by BlueOvalFitter @ Today at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: micmacHonda actually recommends changing the filter every other oil change. Filters take some miles to begin filtering efficiently. I just did a UOA after 2 oil changes and 15k miles on a Fram xg6607 and there were no signs of
Jump to new posts Re: Motor oil university 106 by camrydriver111 @ Today at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: zengBrocLuno, On "90 percent of engine wear occurs at startup" ..... majority of this startup wear is corrosion wear (as opposed to adhesive/abrasive wear , if any ) ... where flow of oil and oil viscosity in itself, w
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MC FL-820S C&P Coming by Kuato @ Today at 12:17 AM

What a find for him, well done! 5.4 or 4.6? Bet it just needs a little TLC to be a great vehicle. I'm glad the woman has gotten past the grief enough to be able to let the truck go.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best spark plugs? by camrydriver111 @ Today at 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: RobensteinYes they are worth it. Buy iridiums. They last longer than any platinum or double platinum will. Being a Ford you are best to stick with Motorcraft or Autolite traditionally, although Denso and NGK are good ones too.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using Spline Sockets? by Merkava_4 @ Today at 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Thing is, what's to say that 12 point hex wouldn't round off? 12 points work best with 12 point fasteners - but - if you have a quality 12 point socket with off-corner engagement, you shouldn't have to worry about rounding
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts MC FL-820S C&P Coming by BlueOvalFitter @ Today at 12:11 AM

2004 F150 Lariat, 41K Miles That mileage is not a typo! My son works at a Ford dealership in Louisiana as a grease monkey/detailer/tire tech, etc. He has been there almost a year now and like any job, you must start at the bottom and climb the ladde
Automotive General Topics
Originally Posted By: itguy08Originally Posted By: CKNWhat a money pit this car would be...... I thought Hondas of that vintage were the pinnacle of automotive engineering? Kind of like all Hondas.... There have been several improvements in the
Jump to new posts Re: Motor oil university 106 by BrocLuno @ Today at 12:05 AM

That is not addressed by Oil U at all ... Although iron oxide is pretty abrasive.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Heroin Epidemic In The U.S.... by daves87rs @ Today at 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: JennyHemiOriginally Posted By: wrcsixeight I've also lost a friend who got hooked on oxycontin/hydrocodone/tramadol/percocet, anything he could get his hands on. RIP BKR These pain killers are so easy to abuse, and so addict
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Laser scope on a Henry .22? by bubbatime @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

I think you are using the wrong terminology. Perhaps you are referring to a reflex sight commonly referred to as a "red dot sight" or perhaps a scope with an illuminated reticle? Never heard of a laser scope. If it looked like a regular
Jump to new posts Re: What to use in 99 Buick Lesabre OCI? by gallydif @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Originally Posted By: Branson304Mobil Super 5000, out of that list & prices. I agree, they make an excellent conventional oil, but they can't make a decent synthetic to save their life. What's bad about their s
Jump to new posts Creeping and Thickening by camrydriver111 @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

I did another oil change where I used 2L of leftover oil from a 5L jug. I do a yearly OCI so while the leftover jug was in storage oil has been creeping out of the bottle while the bottle is sitting completely upright. I checked the cap for tightnes
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Free Riding Mower Needs a Carb by bubbatime @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Briggs-Stratton-593433-CARBURETOR-OEM-CARB-/331724941118?hash=item4d3c58e73e:g:bKcAAOSwnipWYgDu $100 on ebay for a replacement carb.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Reuse fram XG for 1 more O/C? by micmac @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Honda actually recommends changing the filter every other oil change. Filters take some miles to begin filtering efficiently. I just did a UOA after 2 oil changes and 15k miles on a Fram xg6607 and there were no signs of filter trouble. Seems like
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Heroin Epidemic In The U.S.... by bubbatime @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: HerrStigWhat is the "system" supposed to do? Well for starters the "system" could do away with the disastrous war on drugs. Start by legalizing ALL drugs. All drugs, painkillers, legal heroine, weed, whate
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix 57035 by DaleRider @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavantWIX Filters - 57035 Heavy Duty Spin-On Lube Filter Made In China Amazon says this. Is it true? Well, just so happens I removed a 57035 from my Simplicity when I changed its oil yesterday. Went out and double che
Page 3 of 246 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 245 246 >