by Shannow
02/27/15 02:48 AM
Open differential gear oil, and Moly
by wrcsixeight
02/27/15 12:36 AM
5,000 Miles OCI For Older Cars???
by qwerty1234
02/27/15 12:04 AM
Rust Belt: Wash my car or wait until spring?
by Mr_Accord
02/26/15 11:37 PM
Seeds and Nuts
by hotwheels
02/26/15 11:35 PM
vacuum tube stereo
by turbodieselfreak
02/26/15 11:13 PM
Car storage ?
by Camprunner
02/26/15 11:05 PM
Floor mat translation please (Quest)
by asand1
02/26/15 11:00 PM
TPMS woes
by Spazdog
02/26/15 10:16 PM
Dental work on pets
by Merkava_4
02/26/15 09:30 PM
Create heat?
by mjoekingz28
02/26/15 09:22 PM
napa proselect?
by hansj3
02/26/15 08:55 PM
Newest Members
ricoinusa, Pr0j3ct_x, eajseo, EuroGS, christoff
52968 Registered Users
Who's Online
39 registered (Bandito440, Boomer, asand1, CB900F2, 1foxracing, 4 invisible), 616 Guests and 196 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52968 Members
66 Forums
227258 Topics
3624189 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Originally Posted By: ragtoplvrOne automakers cold weather tests involved starting the car, letting it idle 10 seconds, then wide open around the heated test track for 30 minutes, then cold soak again. It had to run right on all laps. After 5 cycle
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Pickup Trucks: 2wd vs 4wd by asand1 @ Today at 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: SwedishRideris there a case to be made for 4wd over 2wd? 'm having a hard time justifying why I would want to pay to add 4wd. Hiking, boat ramps, hunting, snow driving, ranching, farming, camping, occasional riverbar running (
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Masters Competition by meborder @ Today at 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: splinterPotent combinations all. I'd love to haul the mail behind any of 'em. John Kaase’s Ford 409ci engine pumped out 721 horsepower/675 lb-ft of torque last year. http://www.enginelabs.com/news/jon-kaase-racing-wins-amsoi
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Oil For New Bike by Shannow @ Today at 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShopOriginally Posted By: Shannow So...the Suzuki engineers designed the engine and made a recommendation on the oil to use... So what viscosity does Suzuki's engineers recommend??? 10W40 You can go back to flow
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Masters Competition by meborder @ Today at 02:38 AM

as best i know, the competition is a 35 minute dyno session where the competitors are allowed to make as many dyno pulls as they can/want to. most competitors will pull the engine to redline, change some parameter hoping to pick up a couple numbers
Originally Posted By: emgAt least you get a gauge. Our Forester only has a light to say whether it's too cold or too hot. I presume the ECU makes all its decisions based on the oil temperature--which you can display on the LCD--so they saved a few b
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Smart Car by Shannow @ Today at 02:32 AM

This one ...
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VWGOLF2.0TDiPD 5K OCi by riggaz @ Today at 02:29 AM

your car was made in 2004 507.00 and 504.00 didn't exist then.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VWGOLF2.0TDiPD 5K OCi by WBoer @ Today at 02:27 AM

Have driven a 2004 1.9 PD engine from new to 510.000Km on VW507.00 5W30 and 30.000km intervals... (60k km a year) ultra low sulfur fuel. Original turbo,camshaft,engine never opened.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: 03 Chevrolet by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 02:24 AM

Here are some more. Besides claying and waxing it, Ive done about all I can do to it. I washed it a few weeks back with Rainx w/carnauba beads and didnt even dried it on the interstate. I hosed out the bed at the pressure washer with their soap an
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Death Star Completed? by Shannow @ Today at 02:22 AM

There's been reports of lights on the moon for centuries... other ideas... http://spacestationmoon.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/lunar-lights-on-hollow-moon.html https://gurdjiefflegacy.wordpress.com/article/gurdjieff-the-moon-organic-life-rwersjeofjp9-
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: MotorKote by MrQuackers @ Today at 02:16 AM

Ed is on Redeye right now.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Aftermarket brakes vs OEM by asand1 @ Today at 02:04 AM

I have never used OEM pads in the 18 years I have driven/ worked on my cars. I am happy with the Brakemotive (Powerstop) ceramic pads that came with my calipers. They grab hard and are quiet with no discernible dusting as of yet. I would seriously co
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: 03 Chevrolet by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 02:01 AM

Jump to new posts Re: 5,000 Miles OCI For Older Cars??? by qwerty1234 @ Today at 02:00 AM

Thanks everyone. But I do stop and go inner city Chicago driving. I rarely run it on the highway. I'm forced to change it in this brutal Feb winter. I wish I could just go to Jiffy Lube but I dont trust them. A friend of mine was a manger there years
Jump to new posts Re: Sway Bar Endlinks - Greasable vs Sealed by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 01:50 AM

IMO, sealed pieces are just great for FWD and easy-going vehicles. For heavier trucks and up, greasable may lead to longer life, smoother handling, and/or heavier weight ratings.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Lenovo deliberately ships PCs with adware? by Garak @ Today at 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: demarpaintThere are none of these issues with Linux................. Of course - having burner software and compression tools right at hand makes far too much sense for Windows. simple_gifts: I'm far more annoyed with cripp
Originally Posted By: Shannowedit...sorry, the oil cap IS different between the US sold engines and the Australian ones...ours says "oil", or has a picture of an oil can...yours has a grade, and often it's an economy grade Most Canadian one
Jump to new posts Re: 5,000 Miles OCI For Older Cars??? by InvalidUserID @ Today at 01:40 AM

1/2 quart per 3,000 miles isn't bad. I have a '99 Civic EX and the engine isn't very hard on the oil. Unless you're doing severe service, 5,000 is likely OK. You could always send off for a UOA if you're concerned and want to try 5,000.
Jump to new posts Re: 5,000 Miles OCI For Older Cars??? by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:37 AM

Those engines can probably handle 10k on dino if doing it in less than a year. The oil consumption adds life to the oil because topping off replenishes the additive package.
Jump to new posts Re: Never any juicy oil deals in Canada? by Garak @ Today at 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: HKPoliceI guess we'll probably never see those prices again @ walmart due to the tanking loonie The tanking loonie doesn't help, but there's still plenty of room for movement on the price front. Walmart and Canadian Tire (and
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil super hm. by Garak @ Today at 01:27 AM

For reference, Canada's Mobil high mileage is called Mobil Super 2000, which is a blend, with ILSAC rating. I don't know if it's the same as the Mobil Super high mileage in the States, of course, but we don't get Mobil 1 HM up here.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Oil For New Bike by Shannow @ Today at 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShopOriginally Posted By: sunruhif 0w30 is so great, why not run 0w10? An owner should only run whats recommemnded in the manual... Honda gives its owners three viscosity choices... a 10wt ain't one of them... W
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: YOGA this, YOGA that, YOGA YOGA by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 01:10 AM

Yoga fire, yoga fire,......yoga Flame
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: 2 cycle oils, synthetic, castor, flash points? by Kamele0N @ Today at 01:08 AM

With other words...for street use....you dont need racing oil....any decent sae40 synthetic will be just fine! (look omv 2t-s PDF for comparison). I am telling that to you from my expiriences....when I was younger...we drove with mofas more often (m
Page 3 of 328 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 327 328 >