Recent Topics
Menzerna Became "Jescar?"
by dkryan
07/01/16 05:32 PM
In the corn belt, non ethanol fuel is everywhere
by another Todd
07/01/16 05:13 PM
Cummins: Standpipe in fuel filter needed or not?
by Extreme-Duty
07/01/16 03:36 PM
Napa Canada, Magnatec, Delvac, Napa 15W-40
by Farmer
07/01/16 02:33 PM
Meijer 4 day sale (4th of july weekend)
by Kwuality
07/01/16 02:14 PM
Brakes for 2012 Subaru Legacy
by Picky1
07/01/16 01:56 PM
Microgreen Oil Filter 50% Off Discount Code
by kohnen
07/01/16 01:51 PM
Don't believe the hype of "never change the oil"
by Fsharp
07/01/16 01:30 PM
tzlk to me about aeroflot
by Jetronic
07/01/16 12:21 PM
My extended drain OCI did not go as intended...
by firemachine69
07/01/16 11:10 AM
Honesty
by stockrex
07/01/16 11:04 AM
Valvoline's New "Cobalt" Grease availability
by EdandSherry
07/01/16 10:47 AM
Newest Members
Jennyp, dcdodge, igolfat8, makomike, Alexas
58338 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (4WD, 901Memphis, Al, 97K15004WD, AirgunSavant, Alex_V, 8 invisible), 1860 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58338 Members
66 Forums
251108 Topics
4116195 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Mouse Guns by totegoat @ Today at 04:26 PM

Find a .22 she is comfortable with. If she wants more horsepower, she can tell you.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A Tesla Model S on auto-pilot was in a fatal crash by OilyWaterMIXER @ Today at 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverI don't think pilots are sitting in the cockpit watching movies while the plane is on autopilot. Can a Tesla play a movie off the dash display while being in drive or autopilot or was the system modified to play movi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Keep America's Nuclear Power Stations Running by mr_boring @ Today at 04:24 PM

I have no issues with nuklar. I live about 3-4 miles from one (as the crow flies). My other head that grew out of my 3rd nipple says it doesn't have any issues either.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spark plug resistance R5 vs R6 by Gokhan @ Today at 04:21 PM

I doubt it's the resistance spec. Resistance is usually 5k ohm. 5k ohm vs 6k ohm makes no difference. Resistance is only to prevent the spark plug from acting like a radio-frequency transmitter antenna. Is this an NGK plugs? 4, 5, 6, etc. would be t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil life monitors by doublebase @ Today at 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: kohnenI drive a '15 Chevy Volt. This means that I can go for weeks at a time without actually running the engine. And, the owners manual says that you need to change the oil every 2 years (~100 weeks) at the very least. And, pre
Jump to new posts Re: Oil life monitors by doublebase @ Today at 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: firemachine69Originally Posted By: doublebase You don't worry about it and just come in when the little wrench comes on? The only rather huge problem with that is that if you don't actually open up your hood and check your actua
General and Off Topic
Not many birds flying over the corn fields. They are adding onto a wind farm NW of me now.
Engine Oil Filters
I have my original 1976 Chevrolet Nova owners manual. It says normal 7500 miles for oil and filter every other oil change. Severe 3000 miles. Somewhere in the mid 70's it went up from 6000 to 7500. Jeez I think some are getting a little worked up
Jump to new posts Re: Higher oil pressure. Oil? Filter? Jeep 4.0 by RegDunlop @ Today at 04:15 PM

Just to be clear i did not go from a 30 to a 40. I never stated that. I think the higher pressure was cause by the mobil 1 filter. Either that or the pennz hm has much thicker viscsity until warm when compared to castr hm. It leaked a lot
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
In stock configuration without air - the fan should makes little difference in these trucks...
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Have you checked the oil level? Honda generators have low oil shutoffs. I just mention it because it caught me once. I was going thru all the checks, cleaning the carb, and it was driving me nuts. Finally remembered to check the oil and it was a
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck ring? by HosteenJorje @ Today at 04:11 PM

"A waste of natural sources."
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1991 Clean Acura NSX with some mods for $45k by SatinSilver @ Today at 04:10 PM

Plus that NSX with the clutch job is modified with a lowered suspension. I mean come on it's already low enough from the factory.
Jump to new posts Re: Honda EM7000is stored too long with fuel by HerrStig @ Today at 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: meepall good points. you *might* get it to start and pull enough vacuum with a shot of ether to get it to pull some fresh fuel in and work the clog out after several hours of running. While a long shot, I'd try it before taking
Jump to new posts Re: Indian head shellac or something? by HosteenJorje @ Today at 04:07 PM

No reason to use any kind of sealant on a "rubber" gasket." If the rubber gasket isn't pliable enough to conform to the irregularities in the mating surfaces,the sealant isn't going to help.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Car&Driver opinion on Toyota weird styling by SatinSilver @ Today at 04:06 PM

I know a guy who bought a series of black Lincoln Town Cars. When gas prices started creeping up to $3.50 per gallon he traded it in on a new Prius. He bought the bigger one and I think it was around $28k or so.
Originally Posted By: firemachine69Based on what my coworker who owns a little small engine shop says, all the other stuff will fail first (gear case, keyway, throttle, recoil). While I understand the mentality on BITOG to preserve an engine as lon
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help! Tombstone by mr_boring @ Today at 04:04 PM

My condolences. Would your father care? Perhaps you could photoshop one in BOTH ways and maybe that would help her....
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: That's unfortunate...or maybe bypass filtration? by goodtimes @ Today at 04:04 PM

Filter media missing at the bottom of a pleat like this, filter media torn, filter can leaks, filter explodes, none of it has anything to do with any kind of use recommendation. The whole point is being missed, this is a failure of the filter, and th
The metallic stuff is the secret break in lube additive
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1991 Clean Acura NSX with some mods for $45k by HTSS_TR @ Today at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: XenoNSX isn't as lower maintenance as you think. $5,500 for a clutch job. How much is a Ferrari clutch job at an authorized Ferrari dealer ? How about Porsche 911 or Lambo ... ? Lower cost isn't the same as low cost. It is jus
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A Tesla Model S on auto-pilot was in a fatal crash by SatinSilver @ Today at 04:02 PM

I don't think pilots are sitting in the cockpit watching movies while the plane is on autopilot. Can a Tesla play a movie off the dash display while being in drive or autopilot or was the system modified to play movies by the owner?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Out with the old, in with the new F150 by MNgopher @ Today at 04:01 PM

There's one in every crowd... I'll leave it at that.
Vehicles
Originally Posted By: SatinSilverFor years many people complained about the bland styling of cars. Well not anymore. Now they complain about them being odd. Some people like to complain a lot. Many of the complainers can't even afford new cars, s
Jump to new posts Re: GM LS 6.0 Suggestion by Bud_One @ Today at 04:00 PM

First off - In my 6.0 , I had good results with Castrol GTX HM 5w30 - it didn't use a drop, where before I'd add at least a qt between changes. Using Amsoil it will use - .5 to 1 qt off the bat , then stop using oil all the way until changing
Page 3 of 257 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 256 257 >