by fisher83
07/24/14 10:57 AM
Amsoil's 5W-40 European Oil (EFM) for a BMW 328xi
by Dave13
07/24/14 10:49 AM
Mann ML 1005 another Purolator?
by 123Saab
07/24/14 10:45 AM
Why do worn bearing affect oil pressure?
by Smcatub
07/24/14 10:42 AM
Now ALL E46 included in air bag recall.(ALL states
by 97tbird
07/24/14 10:36 AM
Amsoil Powersports 5w50?
by offroad1
07/24/14 09:55 AM
Ebay oil filters
by Rat407
07/24/14 09:45 AM
Restore discs - Macrium Reflect or Lenovo's own?
by 97tbird
07/24/14 09:40 AM
Newest Members
Patrick0525, offroad1, cnowak1, Dave13, HuskyPilot
50737 Registered Users
Who's Online
106 registered (baseballcatcher7, badtlc, 87sammy, ajoter, 11 invisible), 2125 Guests and 233 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50737 Members
64 Forums
216724 Topics
3411159 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Towing boat with Dodge Caravan by IndyIan @ 58 minutes 29 seconds ago

My buddy used to tow a 16' Al boat with a Yaris. No issues, but it was a manual so running up a long hill in 4th or 3rd wasn't hard on the trans or really even the motor. You might have to manually lock OD out for a particular grade that has you cyc
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Towing boat with Dodge Caravan by KD0AXS @ Today at 11:42 AM

I think you'll be just fine.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Which oil to use? by bubbatime @ Today at 11:42 AM

Isn't the Chrysler 4.7 one of the engines affected by sludge? If so, nothing less than synthetic 5W30 of your choice changed every 5K miles.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Civic 1.8L rough idle with the AC on by ThirdeYe @ Today at 11:40 AM

I've always noticed more engine vibration and roughness when having the A/C on at idle in my Acura. My girlfriend said her low mileage '01 Civic does the same thing. Hopefully you find out what the issue is, as I'd love to know.
Jump to new posts Re: Escape Lower control Arms - Dorman or Moog? by badtlc @ Today at 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: daves87rsOriginally Posted By: TravYes pop the arm and press them out. Easy enough and a lot cheaper plus you know the original arm tracks properly. Win Win for you and the guy who buys it. I'll take my own good refurbed OE arm
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5w-30 in 2014 Camry 2AR-FE by CATERHAM @ Today at 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Oil ChangerOriginally Posted By: CATERHAMIn fact there are only disadvantages in running a heavier grade including increased start-up wear. M1 0W-40 is lighter at start-up than the 5W-30 I was using. Oil pressure is instantane
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Ebay oil filters by ThirdeYe @ Today at 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: gtmaster303Originally Posted By: Rat407Just was searching the net and ebay and saw that there are some old AMSOIL ASF and SDF filters on there for sale. What is a shelf life on them or any oil filter for that matter? I would th
Jump to new posts Re: Why do worn bearing affect oil pressure? by MolaKule @ Today at 11:34 AM

More explanations and background: http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/779/journal-bearing-lubrication http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...tor#Post3312122 http://www.epi-eng.com/piston_engine_technology/crankshaft_design_issues.htm
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Honest opinions on these two tires ? by badtlc @ Today at 11:32 AM

yoko's avid ascend is a great tire. I'd go with it because it has quality winter traction.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Ebay oil filters by gtmaster303 @ Today at 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Rat407Just was searching the net and ebay and saw that there are some old AMSOIL ASF and SDF filters on there for sale. What is a shelf life on them or any oil filter for that matter? I would think the ASL would no longer be us
Jump to new posts Re: Why do worn bearing affect oil pressure? by bubbatime @ Today at 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Smcatub All the bearings seem to do is splash around in the sump. LAUGHING MY FREAKING BUTT OFF HERE!!! Do you have any idea what engine bearings look like? They sure don't "splash around in the sump" like a bunch o
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pur 1 - 4,000 miles - hole in bottom by gtmaster303 @ Today at 11:29 AM

No oil, filter, or engine combo should sludge in a 4k interval Something's not right here...
Jump to new posts Re: Why do worn bearing affect oil pressure? by MolaKule @ Today at 11:29 AM

Here are some other illustrations: http://what-when-how.com/crankshaft/crankshaft-lubrication/ http://www.tpub.com/engine3/en3-54.htm
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant color has changed to light brown by DarylZero @ Today at 11:28 AM

I agree you don't need to flush it every time. I had to flush it before because it had green coolant in it and Nissan had switched to only Blue long life coolant. If I mixed the two it would only be good for the same as using only green coolant.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Algerian airliner goes missing... by jeepman3071 @ Today at 11:28 AM

I think all the joking is a little over the top considering the potential loss of life from the incident.
Jump to new posts Re: Why do worn bearing affect oil pressure? by NHGUY @ Today at 11:27 AM

In the old days it was splash lubrication.Later on it became full pressure lubrication.Some used external copper lines to bring oil to the heads.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Restore discs - Macrium Reflect or Lenovo's own? by bornconfuzd @ Today at 11:27 AM

I'd recommend you do both as I'm one of those who like redundancy in backups & because you're talking about 2 different things. The Lenovo recovery disks will allow you to recreate your computer setup as it was when it left the factory/you recei
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Towing boat with Dodge Caravan by bubbatime @ Today at 11:25 AM

That is not much of a load. Your van "should" do fine. With that being said, you can usually find a beater V8 truck or V8 Ford Econoline van to tow your boat for $700-1000, if you are worried about wear and tear on your van. The good thing
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Towing boat with Dodge Caravan by Bud_One @ Today at 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071I would put a transmission cooler on that van before towing the boat. +1
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Towing boat with Dodge Caravan by NHGUY @ Today at 11:24 AM

See if it has the external trans cooler.On some its built into the AC condenser.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: wireless adapters for desktop computers by Smcatub @ Today at 11:24 AM

I've got one of these. It's tiny, low priced, and it works well: http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-A...ds=wifi+adapter
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mann ML 1005 another Purolator? by earlyre @ Today at 11:22 AM

If you have an AAP near by, they stock MANN filters. Check the Filter itself. if it says made in USA, they yep. Purolator.
Computers
DVD's are cheap - why not just play it safe and make recovery discs with both. And verify them, if the recovers software gives you the option to do so. Personally, I'm paranoid so I make multiple backups via multiple methods when I move HDDs
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Civic 1.8L rough idle with the AC on by ARCOgraphite @ Today at 11:21 AM

How is power, idle quality, and fuel mileage with the AC OFF? You cold have lost some atomization on one cyl due to carbon on intake valve or poor injector spray pattern on one causing poor cyl balance. You coul load the engine up against the brake a
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Autoignition by MolaKule @ Today at 11:19 AM

BTW, 451F is the average temperature of paper AI. Much depends on the composition and finish of the paper.
Page 3 of 271 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 270 271 >