by mazdamonky
02/10/16 10:35 AM
Oreilly: QS-Advance & Microguard Special
by Greg L
02/10/16 10:25 AM
Oil filter, to change or not?
by otis24
02/10/16 10:08 AM
Changing Oil By Time Instead Of Mileage ??
by billt460
02/10/16 10:07 AM
OLM goes down with car sitting up?
by mobilaltima
02/10/16 10:03 AM
VOA on two cST@40 automatic tranmission oils
by quick_16
02/10/16 09:59 AM
toyota brand filters
by wjli
02/10/16 09:56 AM
Windows Users and Dual Boot
by javacontour
02/10/16 09:47 AM
Cutter for 5" and up filters
by car51
02/10/16 09:38 AM
Baldor Grinders: Red vs. Blue
by cdm1993
02/10/16 09:30 AM
Newest Members
phem0r, 19kj57, coke, curious2, robco
56879 Registered Users
Who's Online
103 registered (97K15004WD, 2015_PSD, 55Test, asand1, 7 invisible), 1593 Guests and 108 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56879 Members
66 Forums
244500 Topics
3981834 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tread Life & Curvy Roads by CapriRacer @ 56 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonI live in the sticks, drive mostly highway, get >100k out of brakes--and the only time we've broken 40k on a set of tires involved wearing past the wear bars. Maybe your highways are straighter than mine? Pop Rivet
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 1mzfe owners by JC1 @ 57 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jake777Who here owns one of the Toyota 1mzfe v6 motors and runs Dino oil? Any comments on oil change intervals you have used would be appreciated. No synthetic for me on this car. I think you should remove the front valve co
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pronto vs Napa Proselect by car51 @ 58 minutes 30 seconds ago

Napa
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Strangest Three Wheel Car Ever by Fsharp @ 58 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackHere's one that's pretty interesting, coming to us soon. Link If it works as advertised at that price, I'd be a customer. It's been "coming soon" for years! However, yes if it is anything other than v
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter, to change or not? by cutter @ Today at 11:13 AM

Had an RP on for 3 yr, 10k, 3 oci.. looked fine. No much rust on the can and gasket was still pliable. With the way I drive, I can probably go 5 years on my current RP.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: toyota brand filters by ARCOgraphite @ Today at 11:10 AM

No.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter, to change or not? by JC1 @ Today at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: bigt61No big deal - leave it. +1
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tread Life & Curvy Roads by supton @ Today at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitOf course-a little common sense tells you that it makes a difference. Constant driving in an area with curves and turns wears tires (and other components) at a faster rate than straight driving does; all other things b
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Originally Posted By: nicholasI will never understand the aversion to leaving ATF in a system. Me neither, but go to the PCMO section and there are tons of threads with people asking for the best oil for their 10-15 year old, high mileage beaters
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pronto vs Napa Proselect by ARCOgraphite @ Today at 11:07 AM

The napa pro select with the combo valve is absolute garbage. OTW I like WIX/NAPA in the larger sizes, the base end bypass takes up too much media room iin the hamster sized " filters" if you can call them that! Always had good or best luc
Jump to new posts Re: Changing Oil By Time Instead Of Mileage ?? by A_Harman @ Today at 11:02 AM

Once a year is more than good enough when you are using a full synthetic oil if you're only putting on 4-5000 miles.
Jump to new posts Re: Using USED oil as a top off? by Wolf359 @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: MoondawgGood Idea. A penny saved is a penny earned. That saying is from when a penny was worth something. There's also penny wise, pound foolish. There's a lot of extremes on here, people changing synthetic oil at 3k and no
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter, to change or not? by compratio10_5 @ Today at 10:58 AM

You can probably do this with a quality filter rated for extended oil change intervals, like Wix, but my question is why are you changing the oil at an earlier interval? I think that the really important oil change for vehicles in the north is an ann
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Kluber Isoflex LDS18 Special A by Phishin @ Today at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: travlnmanhttp://cnc-specialty-store.com/grease-lu...f0133fd0f60e651 You are correct, I guess MSC does not carry it. Above is a link I found, hope you did not pay more than this That's what I just ordered.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: I Finally Pulled the Trigger... by Vikas @ Today at 10:56 AM

what kind of money are you talking about for installing LSD?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cutter for 5" and up filters by Nick1994 @ Today at 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisThe largest air wolf cutter does 4-4.75 inches http://www.airwolf.com/aw/products/oil-filter-cutter Wow! That's a lot of money to just cut open oil filters! I cut mine open with a cutting wheel on my angle grinder,
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Mazdaspeed3 transaxle 36k OCI 75W80 by MolaKule @ Today at 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: RandIts good that the LSD additive didnt plate anything. An acquaintance of mine tried some kind of moly additive in his MT... 3 fluid changes and 10000miles later still didnt shift right. Of course it didn't. Moly competes w
Jump to new posts Re: QS Defy is now QS"high mileage" by hjones @ Today at 10:53 AM

Yes
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Jump to new posts Re: brake cleaner cans don't go very far by MotoTribologist @ Today at 10:52 AM

Brake and carb cleaners are heavily regulated by CARB. I would recommend a motorcycle chain cleaner. They are unregulated because of the niche market and are therefore generally more powerful than those others. That's if you want an aerosol. If you d
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: name the number by javacontour @ Today at 10:50 AM

What is the first number spelled in alphabetic order?
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for 1997 4runner with 300K by claluja @ Today at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Jake777Originally Posted By: clalujaLooking for thoughts on oil for my 1997 4runner with 300K (3.4L V6). Cap says 5w30. Till now has been running on OEM filters with QS 5w30 dino put in by dealer. Going to be doing my own cha
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Question-Buying from a rental agency by raytseng @ Today at 10:47 AM

Its an automatic. Even if it someone is driving it hard the car should be able to take it. Its no more damage than say an autocross. . Say someone who signs up to do an autox season that has a session every weekend is goinf to do the same hard
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Going to make all my staff grow beards... by rslifkin @ Today at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: grampiI wear a beard, but I keep it trimmed very short, and I keep the edges shaped using my razor. I don't get the long, bushy, untrimmed beards...to me they just look sloppy... That's exactly what I do with mine.
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
Jump to new posts Re: VOA on two cST@40 automatic tranmission oils by MolaKule @ Today at 10:46 AM

Quick, just name the oil brands. Originally Posted By: DyusikI have never seen so much zinc in atf. It's usually none. Not for a Type "F." You're thinking of run-of-the-mill ATF's like the Dexron's and Mercon's. Quote:167 Calcium 612 Pho
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pronto vs Napa Proselect by Dyusik @ Today at 10:44 AM

Partial to napa due to reliability in my experience.
Page 3 of 289 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 288 289 >