07/29/14 07:38 PM
Champion Brands 5W-20 Synthetic Blend $2.46 qt
by Warstud
07/29/14 07:31 PM
Newest Members
StephenSanchez, Tony05, sacamano, handy, amber
50800 Registered Users
Who's Online
34 registered (Doug Hillary, 901Memphis, chrisri, bimmerdriver, 97f150, 4 invisible), 779 Guests and 232 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50800 Members
64 Forums
217018 Topics
3416887 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: War in Ukraine by dave1251 @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

I recommend to anyone who wants a different view of the war in Ukraine and the current agenda in Russia visit the various Russian news outlets. The hardcore pro Russian "news" site is disturbing. The fact that neither video is not even ment
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Anti-Oxidants by MolaKule @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

By now we know that the ZDDP ester has been one of the best anti-oxidant and anti-wear compounds ever developed, which makes it a multi-functional additive component. But anti-oxidants with zero or very low levels of heavy metal content are more des
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best most afordable oil filter for my Prius? by DSparks @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=161379618040&alt=web
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: audio out from tv to phono "in" sounds bad... by daves66nova @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: daves66novaSounds a lot better,but flat. So what's the problem? Bass/treble controls on the stereo not working? They work alright but since I have it through the stereo,I was expecting be
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best most afordable oil filter for my Prius? by slowdime @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

What's this about purolators tearing?? Is it just the pureones or the classics too?? I was going to suggest puro classic but if there's tearing issues going on then nevermind. I also need to rethink my filter choice for my truck then..
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Vinyl and Rubber Protectant - Active Ingredients by qwertydude @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

It's not one person out of 300 million. Mike-in-Orange the Meguiar's rep even admits silicone protectants are pretty much interchangeable save for their gloss levels, and the chemists who devise these types of protectants already know they're the sam
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Post your rpms at 70mph by Bud_One @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

97' Accord 2.2 F22B1 4cyl - 2,750 rpms @ 70 MPH
Jump to new posts Re: Battery change in Prius by Skid @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

The life cycle costs of a Prius are good. Plenty of data from taxicab companies. http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1023454_toyota-prius-taxi-tops-340000mi-dispels-battery-myth
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosch 9614 or Champion 9812 iridium spark plugs by tommygunn @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Too late to edit, but it seems that the Champions are one heat range colder than the stock Denso/NGK plugs. The Denso 3432 for the Civic is is SKJ20DR-M11S Whereas the Denso for some other Hondas is SKJ20DR-M11 without the S at the end. That S seem
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: using an electric leaf blower to dry car by slowdime @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

An air compressor does a good job too... And I don't look like a redneck when I do it!! ( I think)
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: mobil1 blackstone by sicko @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

Looks good, but I think they put the 40C (104F) viscosities in the table, but labeled it 100C (212F).
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 Toyota Corolla Detail by slowdime @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Looks sharp! Why don't girls ever seem to care about their car's appearance and maintenance needs???
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite cut of steak? by Bud_One @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Ribeye with good marbling but not too much, lightly seasoned with salt, medium rare.
Jump to new posts Re: Battery change in Prius by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: moving2Originally Posted By: Nick1994Everybody's gonna be on here talking about how rare this is and it isn't common for Prius batteries to die "so soon" but the fact is batteries don't last forever and not everyone ha
Jump to new posts Re: Reading spark plugs. Too hot? by beast3300 @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Heart range never crosses brand to brand. I might suggest trying the stock Champion listing and comparing. Those look OK though.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Why do some brands only publish tq and not hp? by Kuato @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: Kuato How much horsepower does it take to beat on a dead horse? Some negative value?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Autozone full synthetic 5w-30 by sicko @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: lawman1909Well it has a logo looking "WNE". WPP and WNE both indicate that it is a Warren oil product. You shouldn't have any issues using it, use it with confidence.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Thanks guys. Yep, I use it as my regular oil in the golf & it was great in the old bm, so thanks to your replies, it'll be going in my new (to me) car. TESTOPROP - Repco has it on special from the 31/7 till the 10th/8. I'll be buying up, as it
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: War in Ukraine by Trajan @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

Youtube videos made by any yahoo with a video camera and a computer as credible evidence..........
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission slipping by Kuato @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

Change fluid. I had a friend with similar symptoms, he drain and fllled the fluid, then again every time it started slipping (about every 10k) then after 4 changes it didn't slip again for 50k. Worth a shot.
Jump to new posts Re: Battery change in Prius by stephen9666 @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

Dorman offers remanufactured battery packs. It looks like gen 1 packs are about $1500 plus a $975 core charge. Gen 2 packs are about $1700 plus core. I don't know how these prices compare to Toyota packs. Dorman apparently bought a battery remanu
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 04-09 Toyota Prius by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

My FIL has an '04 that he bought new. It now has 125,000 miles. Other than regular maintenance and a very occasional repair, it has been extremely reliable and he will keep the car for some time to come. It's starting to rust a bit. Mileage seems
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Chinese Craftsman wrenches by dlundblad @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

I too agree with Trav. That is coming from someone who is an immigrant who chose the legal process. He earned what is his and came here expecting nothing. Back to the task at hand. Nothing wrong with HF or other Chinese tools, but as mentioned earl
Jump to new posts Re: Battery change in Prius by stevejones @ Yesterday at 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: tig1 Also this is the second Prius battery failure of friends I know in the last month. This is the real shocker in this thread. I don't know anyone who drives a Prius!
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best most afordable oil filter for my Prius? by allboy @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: goodtimesUse the filter for the same year 4 cyl camry, exact same specs in every way, except it's longer, same price. It makes it less reach to remove but still isn't subject to damage. The best most affordable and safest bet is
Page 3 of 282 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 281 282 >