11/25/14 09:50 AM
Oil change wisdom on another forum
by 99Saturn
11/25/14 08:34 AM
Newest Members
jsgrind, tien113, JustaFeller, AndySantoro, autoxstang
51991 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (1 FMF, Andrei, 01_celica_gt, Astro14, 123Saab, 7 invisible), 1854 Guests and 172 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51991 Members
66 Forums
222596 Topics
3523538 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Are you ready? Riots coming to your town by leeharvey418 @ Today at 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: KrisZOriginally Posted By: L_SludgerA Canadian might have other concerns, like avoiding being eaten by a moose, so your applicability may vary. You obviously don't know Canadians. A mad beaver disease is our worst fear... You
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: What to do With This Sitting Car by JHZR2 @ Today at 01:27 PM

The Breeze, depending upon how it is optioned, is a pretty low-tech car. My mother has one, still drives it. Nearly 200k on it and its also like new. My concern would be more about AC system seals than batteries. Even if you replace the battery
General and Off Topic
I don't fear the riots as much as I do the MOB RULE mentality. A grand jury consisting of black and white Americans heard evidence (from black and white witnesses) and found no cause to indict the PO. The mobs rioting in Ferguson and elsewhere don't
Jump to new posts Re: Japanese industry ethics slipping? by RGR @ Today at 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzlThe only problem Japan has involves zombie companies. Same goes for China. Their culture doesn't handle failure well so some companies are needlessly kept afloat. Like...say...GM and Chrysler a few years back?
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 92 Tacoma Engine Replacement or Head Gasket? by Mr_Joe @ Today at 01:22 PM

'Cracked head', maybe, so far he's honed in on it being a head gasket. Maybe it's not an actual 'Tacoma' . I was thinking it was, maybe before the use if that name.
Jump to new posts Re: Japanese industry ethics slipping? by javacontour @ Today at 01:19 PM

I started to say there was some issue with faulty fuel tanks in the past. However, it dawned on me that that was part of the plot in Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy. I better be careful. Otherwise, folks will think I'm crazy for not being able to dist
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Briggs & Stratton 3.5 HP wont start by eljefino @ Today at 01:19 PM

Deadman control?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Are you ready? Riots coming to your town by BMWTurboDzl @ Today at 01:18 PM

Free tinfoil hats. You just have to navigate a yard mined with bouncing betty's.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Are you ready? Riots coming to your town by KrisZ @ Today at 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: L_SludgerA Canadian might have other concerns, like avoiding being eaten by a moose, so your applicability may vary. You obviously don't know Canadians. A mad beaver disease is our worst fear...
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Originally Posted By: azsyntheticOriginally Posted By: alexeftNice on the 360k one! Any oil related problems like using oil? It is a 91 Chevy V8 K1500. I am running an Amsoil BE-110 bypass with a M1 stainless steel mesh full flow. I have not cha
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 02 WS6 Trans Am. Which oil and filter? by jayg @ Today at 01:14 PM

A little off the wall here but I have had RMS leaks with these motors as well as a friend with a 99 Trans Am that also has done a few RMS as well. I would try a MaxLife 5w30 HM and just a n ACdelco filter.
Jump to new posts Re: Briggs & Stratton 3.5 HP wont start by CT8 @ Today at 01:13 PM

Add to the list did you check the spark plug.
Jump to new posts Re: Japanese industry ethics slipping? by BMWTurboDzl @ Today at 01:13 PM

The only problem Japan has involves zombie companies. Same goes for China. Their culture doesn't handle failure well so some companies are needlessly kept afloat.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteEneos sustina anyone? I was considering this for the new Datsun AWD. DO they make it in 0/5W-30? My new Mini Porsche Cayenne Do you know that your Datsun has 0w-20 as factory fill? I don't remember if I saw tha
Jump to new posts Re: What to do With This Sitting Car by dishdude @ Today at 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Nick1994The car is in shaded parking so solar wouldn't work. Would disconnecting the negative at those jump start locations prevent the battery from draining so fast? Yes, as soon as you remove that bolt from the negative jump
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Are you ready? Riots coming to your town by HosteenJorje @ Today at 01:12 PM

A whiff of .30 caliber will do nicely. No riots around our area. People are too involved trying to make a living to support their family. What we saw in Ferguson last night is highly frowned upon by decent,hardworking individuals with midwestern val
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Are you ready? Riots coming to your town by Smcatub @ Today at 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: thunderfog Sorry. I probably screwed them up as I was distracted by all the chemtrails. Pfffft... Chemtrails are so last year. All of the cool conspiracy theorists are worrying about hydrotrails now:
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Are you ready? Riots coming to your town by javacontour @ Today at 01:11 PM

No, but it's not like you never use such food. You buy a little extra and rotate your stock. So if I buy five weeks of food over four weeks time, I have some extra food and have bought at today's prices, not tomorrows. With inflation, stockpiling
Jump to new posts Re: What to do With This Sitting Car by Nick1994 @ Today at 01:07 PM

The car is in shaded parking so solar wouldn't work. Would disconnecting the negative at those jump start locations prevent the battery from draining so fast?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Are you ready? Riots coming to your town by Smcatub @ Today at 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: CT8Even if there are no problems it is good to be stocked up. Like used to be done when were much wiser. How is it wise to spend a bunch of money preparing for wild, the-sky-is-falling nonsense when I could put it in my 401
Jump to new posts Re: Mower blade - sharpen or replace? by totegoat @ Today at 01:07 PM

I also rotate two blades. I switch them once a year when I change the oil.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Battery sprung a leak! by PierreR @ Today at 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Originally Posted By: maximusPlease tell me why you're charging a new battery for 3 days? Why not just install it and be done? Because batteries self discharge, so doing so will ensure it is fully topped and float-charge
Computers
I as expected, you seem to be missing the point. I'm pretty sure nobody has ever said you can't like MS products. We all have our own reasons for liking what we do. The reason for the flak isn't because you like MS or dislike Linux, it's because y
Jump to new posts Re: What to do With This Sitting Car by redhat @ Today at 01:03 PM

Or perhaps a battery terminal shutoff switch?
Jump to new posts Re: What to do With This Sitting Car by dishdude @ Today at 01:01 PM

You can easily disconnect the battery by removing the ground from the strut tower under the hood. One bolt does it, it's a direct connection from the negative terminal on the battery to the body ground.
Page 3 of 245 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 244 245 >