04/01/15 07:24 PM
Yahoo calendar not working?
by Eddie
04/01/15 07:16 PM
Newest Members
ScienceGuy, DAD105, Matsbugs, ReverendC, bandk
53414 Registered Users
Who's Online
16 registered (Garak, bvance554, chrisri, 901Memphis, 3800Series, davison0976, 1 invisible), 583 Guests and 185 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53414 Members
66 Forums
229071 Topics
3661506 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 vehicles needing oil recommendation? by TiredTrucker @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete If your owner's manual calls for dexos1, then you'd better be using dexos1 oil for the sake of your new vehicle warranty. An LL-01 spec and dexos1 spec are nearly mutually exclusive. I've never seen an oil that ca
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Expedition 5.4L Spark Plug Torque Setting by 3800Series @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Torque wrench's typically run a little high at the bottom of the scale (even tho it far exceeds the limit). Iv always done the two finger method. Get them down to the point where they don't tighten freely then put 2 fingers on the ratchet and pull
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Got me a BlueDriver by 1kickbuttranger @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROriginally Posted By: 1kickbuttrangerAfter seeing some reviews on youtube about the BlueDriver, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one. I got a smartphone last weekend (don't laugh- had my last dumbphone for almost 9
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: How to change the oil on a 2006 BMW 530I 3.0 L I6 by HTSS_TR @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteLet's face it - luxury makes don't want you to change your own oil. They want you to bring it into their service dept. And they don't care about 2nd, 3rd, 4th owners. All manufactures don't want drivers/owners cha
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Laws of Phisics -- Fram Ultra by 901Memphis @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: BikeWhispererOriginally Posted By: Colt45ws IIRC, Fram Ultra is Synthetic blend. Last time I checked the Ultra Guard is a full synthetic media oil filter and the Tough Guard is a synthetic blend. You are correct about
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: How about this cretin? by asand1 @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Wow, It's amazing how people take things out of context and spin them to suit their own points of view. "It is better to run over a bicyclist, than to get in a head on accident because they don't share the road." In the case of an ACCIDEN
Jump to new posts Re: Mix Oil Brands for Oil Change? by Kuato @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

No worries whatsoever but wow, if I'm reading right you've got a 2 jugs plus four loose quarts so you could just put in 5 quarts and be done?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Perplexing math by shanneba @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: bvance5543 guys chip in for a motel room that costs $30. Each pay $10. The clerk realized she made a mistake and the room is only $25. Since she can't split $5 evenly 3 ways she puts $2 in her pocket and gives each of the 3 gu
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: oil for my jeeps ax-5 by Kuato @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Amsoil's 10w30 SS is a very stable oil.
Jump to new posts Re: Battery terminal recommendations? by joel96 @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

I went to the Hyundai dealer--they have no record of the battery bracket bolt part number. It's probably because the thread for the battery is on the battery bracket; I have the information I need for getting most of the parts for the fix now--it's s
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Laws of Phisics -- Fram Ultra by BikeWhisperer @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws IIRC, Fram Ultra is Synthetic blend. Last time I checked the Ultra Guard is a full synthetic media oil filter and the Tough Guard is a synthetic blend.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NYPD back in the news again, and it's not good by xfactor9 @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

It's frightening that someone with not control of his emotions is allowed to carry a firearm. What if next time he encounters a driver who's like him instead of this calm driver? Things can escalate in a hurry
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: What Is The Glossiest Tire Shine ? by mjoekingz28 @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

Blue silicone by the gallon from Karn automotive. As for easily available dressing, AA Fierce.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: So whatever became of deflategate? by xfactor9 @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

The Seahawks were outplayed in this game, that's why they lost. As for the INT, the Pats outplayed them on that play. NE was in a run defense with only 3 defensive backs; Seattle had 3 WRs. Advantage Seattle. The fact Seattle couldn't score with a
Jump to new posts ATF line leak by joel96 @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

I went to the local Hyundai dealer. One of the mechanics says the part is a left over piece from the factory manufacture of the car. It's a piece they use to install the input sensor. The bad news is that the transmission fluid indicates a leak som
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: So whatever became of deflategate? by xfactor9 @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

I'm still under the belief that deflategate was contrived to bring more attention to the SB during the 2 "dead" weeks where there's not much going on in the NFL. While hardcore fans will remained interested, the vast majority of casual foo
Interesting Articles
Why this obsession with with that portion of the article, i havent got a clue. There is a lot more to it than the Ford Tech.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Long vs short oil filter by smith627 @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

One example of a longer filter is the Wix 51512/NG 1512. It is one inch longer than the Wix 51516/NG 1516/Fram 3600 but is the same diameter, same gasket size, and threads. It can be substituted if there's enough clearance. It has a silicone ADBV
Jump to new posts Re: Mix Oil Brands for Oil Change? by BikeWhisperer @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Nothing bad will happen mixing RP and M1, there is no unicorn blood that will have a negative reaction with fairy dust here.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by asand1 @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

What if you have a computer with a legit Windows 7 product key that you recently f-disked and loaded linux onto?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: oil for my jeeps ax-5 by default @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

If it's got some miles on it, a 15w40 might work better.
Jump to new posts Re: Mix Oil Brands for Oil Change? by ThirdeYe @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Mix away, it'll be fine. API SN oils are compatible with one another.
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Expedition 5.4L Spark Plug Torque Setting by HTSS_TR @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: bvance554I've never torqued a plug. Just snug it up with a ratchet. And yes, I apply a little anti sieze. Me too, I never torqued anything because I don't own one. I don't have anything likes anti-seize so I didn't use it,
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy Cruze facelift? This doesn't look right... by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Wish all models had wheels like that...
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Clay bar and wax by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

Looks good!
Page 3 of 290 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 289 290 >