01/31/15 04:32 PM
A Fairly New Base Oil
by MolaKule
01/31/15 04:18 PM
Newest Members
mvtoro, wildmanrandall, Garry1974, robdaniel, dux
52685 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (147_Grain, 01rangerxl, 1034, 77GrandPrix, 901Memphis, 2010_FX4, 10 invisible), 1340 Guests and 146 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52685 Members
66 Forums
225838 Topics
3594427 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Warstud @ Today at 08:58 PM

Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Drilling hole in front strut mount bigger. by MobilinHyundia @ Today at 08:58 PM

Yes ,I did measure the shaft with calipers. The upper strut mount is new, OEM part. The Koni struts are the correct ones according to the Koni website ang other online part website. Other Sonata owners had the same problems and all of them had to do
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: My friend's car has been overfilled for 150k+ KM by dlundblad @ Today at 08:57 PM

My moms Elantra technically holds 4.23 quarts IIRC. The first few OCIs accidentally received 5 quarts. She still runs.
Jump to new posts Re: Battery Warranty Period by HerrStig @ Today at 08:55 PM

What was wrong with the alternator? Did the shop owner have a boat payment due? Alternators don't just quit, they fail in an identifiable way. If the shop can't tell you why they replaced it I'd find another shop. A set of new brushes for an alter
Jump to new posts Re: Battery Warranty Period by Bluestream @ Today at 08:55 PM

The alternator doesn't know when the warranty ends. It just does what it has to do...
Engine Oil Filters
I can't name filters that already have names.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcraft Filters Some Have Very Sloppy Threads by dlundblad @ Today at 08:54 PM

I haven't come across any filters with sloppy threads yet. A few have said here the AAP DW filters can be rough, but that's all i can think of. Define thin threads though. A 3/4-16 thread will be just that. Regardless of the brand, I check before
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing grades in an LSD? Multiple questions by Bluestream @ Today at 08:54 PM

Mixing the oils you mentioned, you would end up with more like a straight 90 weight gear oil.
Originally Posted By: 3800SeriesNot really going to hurt anything. My car calls for 4.5 quarts it gets 5 quarts every time. It will not hurt anything. Many people overfill. Its when you go over board (1+ quarts) when you run into problems. The only
Engine Oil Filters
Sloppy as in loose fitting or metal slivers remaining or what? The FL-820s and FL-500s filters that I have used have had zero issues with threads or with any of the internals when viewed after the post-op dissection.
Jump to new posts Battery Warranty Period by DonSoriano @ Today at 08:51 PM

As the car battery approaches it's end of the warranty period, doesn't the alternator have to work harder to keep the battery charged? At one time I had a battery for over eight years with no problem. Then I noticed that my add-on voltmeter showed a
Originally Posted By: HKPoliceYes it does hurt the engine. BECAUSE THERE ARE BUBBLES ON THE DIPSTICK. Last time I checked, air is not a good lubricant. Check in again when the engine has gone another 150 thousand. And stuff the all caps.
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Corolla sludge by mymdx @ Today at 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: mymdxOriginally Posted By: TravDon't be shocked if its DOA or fails in a short time. Wait and see you may get lucky. Too optimistic yesterday, CEL on again, looks like my old MAF sensor is in working condition. Try to replace
Jump to new posts Re: Chips on chrome wheels by Chris142 @ Today at 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2You don't need to waste money on this. You're driving a hoopty that is a public menace. If it rolls and holds air, most I'd do is spray paint/plasti dip or just wax. Remember, you should be saving for an upgrade to the
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: PL14670 and PSL22500 (Pics!) by HerrStig @ Today at 08:45 PM

May we can narrow the "bad" Puros down to the week they were made. Maybe even the day.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: L10241 from a Harley cut open pics by SJohnson @ Today at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: KD0AXSHe also makes another good point. Quote:The Purolator ML line of filters is made in China, imported, and rebranded to Purolator. That's your big clue about how much they love you and how caref
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Frozen pizzas by aquariuscsm @ Today at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: SpazdogFrozen pizzas used to be a way of life around here. Sometimes baseball practice runs long because the boys are doing something wrong and got to put in the work or doing something right and just don't want to quit. Havin
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Knowledge is expensive LOL... by Skanky @ Today at 08:44 PM

The replacement for the last one, K&N RC-5000 has to be an oval clamp on as it is a LS98 throttle body on a GM ramjet 502 and it came from the factory with this K&N just GM stamped on the cover instead of K&N. Space is tight so size does
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-Marine undergoing gender reassignment by greenjp @ Today at 08:40 PM

Sorry Trav, you're a dinosaur on the path to extinction. Here's a more recent article for you: http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/12/gay_vets_ok_d_for_st_pat_s_parade And my point isn't that there aren't still plenty of re
Engine Oil Filters
LMGTFY
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Flashback. Cars u had in high school. by aquariuscsm @ Today at 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: SpazdogYep! I had the big Pyramid EQ with the multi LED display! Head unit was a Sharp. Subwoofer was a Realistic (probably 8 ohm) powered by a Pyramid amp. I totally destroyed the rear deck trying to mount speakers and sub i
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How do street addreses work? by earlyre @ Today at 08:39 PM

one pattern that seems to prevail in many areas of N.America, is a particular cross street is chosen near the downtown area, and addresses radiate out from there, first block is the 100 block, second block is the 200, etc. for example, the house i gr
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Was Fram ever really that bad? by HerrStig @ Today at 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: KCJeepOriginally Posted By: CrawfishTailsWhy would they put so much efficiency in their lowest cost part of the line? Fram seems most interested in a filter that well, filters. Most of the Fram bashing you'll find is regur
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcraft Filters Some Have Very Sloppy Threads by crazyoildude @ Today at 08:36 PM

sorry i don't post pictures one day i have to learn..But if you happen to be in an auto parts store or in a place like wal mart check it out for yourself, open a few of them and im pretty sure you will see what i am saying
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How do street addreses work? by HerrStig @ Today at 08:34 PM

Undeveloped lots don't get a street number. The 911 system in my state required street numbers to be assigned when at the time the only number assigned was a post office mailbox number.
Page 3 of 284 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 283 284 >