by 901Memphis
10 minutes 35 seconds ago
Maxlife ATF for VW?
by Johnny248
41 minutes 8 seconds ago
What was Ford thinking?
by otis24
Today at 10:14 PM
what is friction modifer/limited slip additive?
by 1 FMF
Today at 10:01 PM
interesting video on composite fan blade building
by Rick in PA
Today at 09:54 PM
Docking Station for HP Envy 17 Laptop
by BigBird57
Today at 09:46 PM
Watch battery options
by Quattro Pete
Today at 09:45 PM
Is the 500 ml bottle of Iron X enough?
by gregk24
Today at 08:51 PM
RPM's dropping on the highway.
by dlundblad
Today at 08:46 PM
Free Turbo Tax...
by Warstud
Today at 08:36 PM
OIL CHANGE IN M3 WITH PICS
by domer10
Today at 08:14 PM
Wifes car noise ... engine around oil pan ?
by Ndx
Today at 07:42 PM
Newest Members
Wiigy, MJR45, xlj, fresham, serf2k
49590 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (1 FMF, ABCarr, 901Memphis, AdRock, ARB1977, 4 invisible), 1274 Guests and 212 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49590 Members
64 Forums
211925 Topics
3321245 Posts

Max Online: 2551 @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: ZDDPlus by dave1251 @ Today at 10:15 PM

If there has been enough going downstream in your exhaust for a period of time. Are you thinking about adding ZDDP for the vehicle in your signature?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts What was Ford thinking? by otis24 @ Today at 10:14 PM

OK, I know that it is water under the bridge. I've driven tons of vintage Chevrolets as my daily driver, but not much in the line of vintage Fords (1950's and 60's). One thing that always perplexed me was the ignition switch placed to the left side o
Aviation
That place is about 30 miles from me...driven by it lotsa times...always wondered what they did...interesting...:)
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RPM's dropping on the highway. by jeepman3071 @ Today at 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Papa BearIs the engine actually losing power or is it just the tach being erratic? +1
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Going to need a 2nd vehicle. by jimbrewer @ Today at 10:13 PM

For 5 Gees, you have to be completely open-minded and go for the best car/deal available when you buy. I'd say 4WD is a necessity only if you live on a dirt road. I'll take a set of Blizzaks over 4wd and all-season radials any day. (But not All-Te
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bring their own fluids to the dealership? by crazyoildude @ Today at 10:12 PM

some people use the stealer for oil changes while in warrantee and sometimes the dealer is pretty cheap with coupons as long as they are a little honest and not selling you things u dont need
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: what is friction modifer/limited slip additive? by Joe_Power @ Today at 10:11 PM

Here ya go
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RPM's dropping on the highway. by Papa Bear @ Today at 10:11 PM

Is the engine actually losing power or is it just the tach being erratic?
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Change Today by llbts1 @ Today at 10:10 PM

Thank you for your service.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Barrel life by Astro14 @ Today at 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TempestOriginally Posted By: hattYou're confused about how abrasive material on a object ran back in forth on another object can create additional wear? IMHO the force is insignificant compared to swagging spiral groov
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Docking Station for HP Envy 17 Laptop by BigBird57 @ Today at 10:09 PM

This looks like the ticket. Thanks
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Is the 500 ml bottle of Iron X enough? by jimbrewer @ Today at 10:09 PM

Dawn didn't do a darn thing to the Collinite. I know the idea that Dawn takes off everything one two three is the conventional wisdom, but its not my experience. I can't imagine that high-powered Iron-X won't do the trick.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bring their own fluids to the dealership? by The_Captain @ Today at 10:08 PM

I bring my own oil. It really ticks off the assistant service manager. I get free oil changes and have a stockpile of PU SN so they can just tickle it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Watch battery options by Joe_Power @ Today at 10:08 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is out in the wild!! by dave1251 @ Today at 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Realtech214Pennzoil is similar to walmart, in my eyes. They have an excellent product readily availible, but when it comes time to ask questions (customer service) there is no one in sight. I have found exon to have far superior
Mechanics stethoscopes are $15 at Sears.... Might be a good useful place to start
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Docking Station for HP Envy 17 Laptop by BigBird57 @ Today at 10:03 PM

I do not know. It is on order. That may explain the Targus offering.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Docking Station for HP Envy 17 Laptop by redhat @ Today at 10:01 PM

If all you can do is use a USB one, I highly recommend one of these. http://plugable.com/products/ud-3900 I know that it might not be a 'heard of' brand, but me and a few other guys at work tested a bunch of them and we didn't like the Targus or HP
Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: RF OverlordOriginally Posted By: IGotYourBackYou want it 'uuuhhh' tight. Someone mentioned spark plugs...you want those just 'uh' tight with a ratchet. LOL I make my oil filters 'uuhh' tight and my spark plugs 11 ft/lbs per th
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Ubuntu dual-boot install by Garak @ Today at 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4moreIf Windows was installed after Mint, it is surely what is ailing you: Windows will always mess up your GRUB setup. Absolutely! If someone isn't confident with fixing GRUB oneself, download the SuperGRUB package and m
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Docking Station for HP Envy 17 Laptop by BigBird57 @ Today at 10:01 PM

What is weird is that I purchased from HP Direct. They listed two models of Targus but zero from HP. Do you have a model number for the HP dock?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
what is it chemically, or what ingredients are in friction modifier for gear oils?
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Docking Station for HP Envy 17 Laptop by redhat @ Today at 09:59 PM

All they offer for the Envy is a USB port replicator, correct? There isn't no 'big connector' on the bottom of the laptop?
Jump to new posts Re: OIL CHANGE IN M3 WITH PICS by OVERKILL @ Today at 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: domer10I dont believe they do, Ill double check right now...Im gonna check out some local places round here, cause I am going to need one eventually, going to do brakes in a few weeks. Hopefully I can land one for that price aro
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: WIX 51334 cut open by ZeeOSix @ Today at 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladOriginally Posted By: ZeeOSixThat does look tiny ... wonder what the media area is? Maybe you can make a few quick measurements and calculate the area. Area = 2 x pleat depth x pleat length x number of pleats. Pleat
Page 3 of 266 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 265 266 >