Recent Topics
Oil residue in exhaust tips after oil change
by jjgen13
12/21/14 02:09 PM
How can you tell if your car has flat-tappets?
by OceanRuns
12/21/14 01:43 PM
Sick coworkers Insisting on Coming to Work.
by tom slick
12/21/14 01:20 PM
Can't Reach Spark Plugs
by Nick1994
12/21/14 01:00 PM
95/96 eagle vision
by Clevy
12/21/14 12:54 PM
NM....please delete
by GatorJ
12/21/14 12:21 PM
Quick Way of Flushing PS Fluid
by Mter00s
12/21/14 12:18 PM
When to grease
by Dallas69
12/21/14 11:05 AM
Autozone has Castrol GTX SynBlend Oil $1/quart
by dmiko
12/21/14 10:59 AM
Another wheel torque question......Charge
r

by Blue_Goose
12/21/14 10:29 AM
02 Ford 4.6 timing chain guides
by swirlparanoid
12/21/14 10:29 AM
Best Family Hatch for 21k or under
by wn1998
12/21/14 09:17 AM
Newest Members
twspalm, phatford, howie2092, Riceman67, Mradley
52253 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (aa1986, Adamr955, AandPDan, Artem, another Todd, 11 invisible), 1628 Guests and 193 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52253 Members
66 Forums
223749 Topics
3548416 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: bought a used 05 grand caravan by rjundi @ 12/15/14 07:39 AM

How much did you spend on this misrepresented vehicle?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Consensus on Premium gas for Skyactiv by badtlc @ 12/15/14 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By: busterI just refilled with Shell 93 after reading some of the threads on the Skyactiv engine and fuel type. I'm not sure I buy the idea that it helps reduce fuel dilution, but I suppose it's possible. Is there any consensus to
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
I'm also thinking it had to be a PS fluid and not an ATF for that year. I've owned two caravans and both have run best with the proper fluid.
Jump to new posts Re: Suck and fill for brake fluid??? by gregk24 @ 12/15/14 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By: silverratI was charged $69.99 at the dealer for the brake fluid change. Also skip your cabin filter change, according to you post history you did that in May. I did, I put in a Fram Fresh Breeze. I have not been all that happ
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Buy for less than 2K, pull valve cover and oil pan, wash inside with a few gallons of kerosene or something.
Jump to new posts Re: Consensus on Premium gas for Skyactiv by badtlc @ 12/15/14 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: DBMasterI've seen a lot of posts in two years about the fuel dilution. Either my car is burning exactly the amount of oil being replaced by fuel, or the amount of fuel getting into the oil is negligible. The level on my dipsti
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gas-a penny a gallon by rjundi @ 12/15/14 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: NHGUYOriginally Posted By: rjundiMy grocery chain is so inexpensive locally and decent they simply knock 4% off prices(total bill) instead of playing games. Not as exciting as feeling like you get a bargain like that for some fo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Very frustrated with PetsMart by css9450 @ 12/15/14 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: zzyzzxAround here the pet store cats are cared for by volunteers. If you don't like the care that they are getting then volunteer and do the work yourself. That's how it is here too. My mom volunteered for several years thro
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing Printer by rjundi @ 12/15/14 07:30 AM

What operating system? If windows between both you can actually just right click on printer icon and click sharing and proceed there. The only catch is the "host" computer has to be running to act as print server. I am pretty sure Linux w
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing Printer by Andy636 @ 12/15/14 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By: LubenerI have a Brother laser printer which is presently connected to a PC via the USB port.I would like to also use it with another PC. Short of contantly swapping USB cables back and forth, can I connect this printer with a US
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Originally Posted By: A_HarmanI can get Ultra any day of the week here in Michigan at WalMart or AutoZone. Is your Walmart stocking both the Ultra and the Platinum? Just curious because from Walmart's standpoint, they
Jump to new posts Re: Old bottle of MaxLife - white residue in bottom by FutureDoc @ 12/15/14 07:22 AM

Shake it up and use it. I "experimented" by letting a bottle sit in warm tap water and a lot of the residue went back into suspension when warmed. Ruined the label but hey, if hot tap water works, then it will be a non-issue later IMO.
Jump to new posts Re: Shelf life vs lifetime fill by Ducked @ 12/15/14 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By: EddieI assume that the manufactures recommendation of shelve life of 5 years is based on additive fallout. GM dealers were told to not use bulk oil in large containers that would result in oil not being used for over 4-5 years m
Jump to new posts Re: Consensus on Premium gas for Skyactiv by DBMaster @ 12/15/14 07:17 AM

I've seen a lot of posts in two years about the fuel dilution. Either my car is burning exactly the amount of oil being replaced by fuel, or the amount of fuel getting into the oil is negligible. The level on my dipstick has remained unchanged for
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing Printer by Quattro Pete @ 12/15/14 07:11 AM

Do you have a router with a USB port? That would possibly be another way to share it on the network.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ram truck 6 speed transmissions by demarpaint @ 12/15/14 07:10 AM

I like the idea of the 8 speed AT, initially I was on the fence about it. Driving one sold me. My only beef is that you need a special dipstick, not provided with the vehicle, and a PhD in physics to check the ATF level. I'm making progress but I sti
Jump to new posts Re: Suck and fill for brake fluid??? by tc1446 @ 12/15/14 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris142Brake fluid does not circulate like PS or trans does. All you would be doing is putting new fluid in the reservoir. Then why does the new fluid eventually turn dark like that which was removed?
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop doesn't retain updates... by Quattro Pete @ 12/15/14 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By: daves66novaBtw, is Vista a crummy o.s? That seems to be the general consensus out there. Although, I've used it for some time before upgrading to W7, and haven't really experienced any issues.
Jump to new posts Re: Honda MM question by tc1446 @ 12/15/14 07:03 AM

my '13 Accord with about 20K on odometer popped up with 15% at 10K. It had Mob1 0-20 in it. Shop I dealt with put Havoline 0-20 in and its now at about 7K showing 40% left. Yes, it was really Havoline 0W-20 synthetic...I doubled checked with techs a
Jump to new posts Re: Help me pick a good "date car" to buy by LoneRanger @ 12/15/14 07:02 AM

Spoken like someone who loves things and uses people, trying to down those of us who love people and use things. Sorry about your childhood... You're going to need a whole lot more than an '06 Kia and sky miles to attract the Anna Nicole Smith's of
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Hyundai OEM Filter specs youtube edit. by SHOZ @ 12/15/14 06:58 AM

So has anyone come up with better info on the filtration specs? What is this Amsoil comparison chart and does it list the Hyundai spin on filter? Would the Wix standard filter specs shed light on the OEM Hyundai filter?
Jump to new posts Re: bought a used 05 grand caravan by bigt61 @ 12/15/14 06:50 AM

If the title says "not actual mileage", then the seller is off the hook. There is no recourse for the buyer. Just live with it if it's a nice van.... 300k, 400k is no big deal on any modern engine. Those mini vans go 700k plus as taxis i
Jump to new posts Re: Suck and fill for brake fluid??? by Eddie @ 12/15/14 06:49 AM

Before ABS there was some value in doing a suck & replace but, not now with the pump and associated plumbing. Just do a system flush. JMO.. ED
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Did i make the right choice with iPhone 6 by Hokiefyd @ 12/15/14 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: ram_manI've washed it off In the sink already it tool it like a champ. Honestly if apple had widget's and let you have more control over your experience they would have the ultimate phone. If Apple allowed me to arrange my icon
Jump to new posts Re: Consensus on Premium gas for Skyactiv by Eddie @ 12/15/14 06:43 AM

I have a 2014 CX5 and tried 91 vs 87 and kept fuel mileage records for 2 full tanks of each and any increase or decrease was buried in the variability of tank to tank values. I therefore see no reason to run higher than 87.
Page 266 of 293 < 1 2 ... 264 265 266 267 268 ... 292 293 >