by B320i
04/26/15 03:43 AM
Garage used correct oil for my AMG?
by lanab
04/26/15 01:49 AM
What causes high oil pressure?
by dino33
04/26/15 12:04 AM
I'm becoming a double edged razor hoarder!
by The_Eric
04/25/15 11:57 PM
Date Code Wanted For New Purolator Oil Filter..
by crazyoildude
04/25/15 11:20 PM
Scraping noise after replacing rear hub assemblies
by JRed
04/25/15 10:15 PM
Pressure Viscosity Coefficient and HTHS
by Shannow
04/25/15 09:59 PM
Shell presentation on oil, economy, and future.
by Shannow
04/25/15 09:34 PM
Replaced OEM filter with K&N for better efficiency
by DoubleWasp
04/25/15 09:33 PM
Need help with PowerBook WiFi Setup
by Merkava_4
04/25/15 09:31 PM
Newest Members
nastyc5, SegaCD, fjones68, RLL, rutherford
53729 Registered Users
Who's Online
86 registered (2010_FX4, 72te27, 4Scott4, 2009Edge, A310, 74DartSport, 8 invisible), 1273 Guests and 175 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53729 Members
66 Forums
230336 Topics
3687034 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: CutehumorIf California runs out of water, I'm sure their million dollar homes will drop in value. We have plenty of water here in TN. I wonder if millions start leaving California and moving to the South and Mid-west, how this
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What was your first music album? by andrewg @ 04/19/15 04:49 PM

Elvis...yes...Elvis. My parents bought me a cheap little table-top stereo system back in the mid-70's. Crummy turn tables, AM/FM radio, and an 8-track. Horrid two speaker deal. I was happy though. It seemed real nice back then. Parents ordered me
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Experts: Read these spark plugs :) by spasm3 @ 04/19/15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxxDoes it burn any oil? That kind of looks like a bit of ash deposits. +1 I was thinking valve stem seals. An italian tuneup now and then might help too. But for 70k on plugs on a car with that mileage, not really a p
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Which oil after repairs/rebuild by SnowDrifter @ 04/19/15 04:47 PM

IMO I'd run a cheap oil for a few miles then change it to whatever you've always used. Idea being to get any bits of seal and antifreeze out of the sump
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Question for my Canadian friends by rjundi @ 04/19/15 04:45 PM

It is great drunk food. Sober not so sure.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Experts: Read these spark plugs :) by LoneRanger @ 04/19/15 04:45 PM

I'm going to say that the electrode's platinum pad on the two in the middle is worn down more than the outer two because the middle two were on the reversed polarity side of a waste spark system. Otherwise to me they look about as expected for about
Jump to new posts Re: *Don't Fall For Shaddy Oil Testing by d00df00d @ 04/19/15 04:44 PM

This thread should never have become a referendum on Royal Purple or Amsoil. Both companies make fine products. This was about the validity of certain tests and sales tactics, period. Again, the vast majority of posts in this thread miss the point
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Experts: Read these spark plugs :) by xxch4osxx @ 04/19/15 04:44 PM

Does it burn any oil? That kind of looks like a bit of ash deposits.
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Originally Posted By: LemanJoeOk. I need to reply to some. I am not ready (mentally) and do not have any time to argue with anybody's believes about engineering and oil viscosity effects. Yes, there are many cars running on 5w20 and lasting longer
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What was your first music album? by Darwin1138 @ 04/19/15 04:43 PM

Rubber Soul
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What was your first music album? by Dyusik @ 04/19/15 04:42 PM

Thriller by mj. The only vinyl that didn't skip. I was 5, so right at the union collapse if I'm not mistaken. Boratland declared independence in 93..
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Quote:The motor companies know your bike best, not people in these forums. The oil companies know second best and two of the most used in these forums also recommend motor oil in your motorcycle transmission as a first choice, gear oil as a second. A
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Dipstick is not linear! by KitaCam @ 04/19/15 04:40 PM

The difference between L and F on the dipstick is 1 quart....and it is linear...that is, add 1/2 qt at L and it will raise the level on the dipstick half-way to F.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: BERSA VS FIRESTORM? by TTK @ 04/19/15 04:37 PM

I have a Bersa .380 ACP and it is not a bad pistol by any measure. Reviews of it are okay also.It certainly is not a top of the line pistol, but seems fairly well made. I believe it is called Bersa Thunder. They are made in Brasil, I believe. Very ea
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Experts: Read these spark plugs :) by 97tbird @ 04/19/15 04:35 PM

IDK if one can see anything on these plugs - But I am curious to know what the experts at BITOG think. These came out of the beater Elantra (2003). CAR has almost 220k miles. PLUGS probably have about 70-80k miles. (EST) These are OEM Champion SPs.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Generator Won't Start by eljefino @ 04/19/15 04:35 PM

A lot of go-karters cut the wire to the shut off, as sloshing around kills the spark. For a generator just sitting there unmanned, it could save your bacon and even avert a fire from the engine overheating/ seizing/ etc.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Puro Synthetic failed ADBV.... by ZeeOSix @ 04/19/15 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: JoenpbPlease provide proof to your claim that Fram Ultra is good for 2 OCI's. If you have a UOA for that OCI please post a link to it here. If there is no proof, your claim is nothing more than an opinion. The Ultra is rated
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Well everything was Napa, not sure where all there stuff comes from, other than made in American. It's their Tru-Flow pump and usually gates makes their belts.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Home CentraL AC quote really Pricey! by CourierDriver @ 04/19/15 04:34 PM

Im sure you gentlemen that want to do your own change out have the certificates that say you are certified to purchase freon that you need and that you have the correct pressure hoses and charts to add freon so you do not over charge your unit...yo
Jump to new posts Re: *Don't Fall For Shaddy Oil Testing by Clevy @ 04/19/15 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: busterOriginally Posted By: zpinchYou guys are assuming Amsoil doesnt test their oils in engine test rigs?! They do, just like the other major oil blenders. Before anyone goes any further, look at amsoil's latest performanc
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Long-life H11 bulbs? by wymi516 @ 04/19/15 04:32 PM

Have had good luck with Philips bulbs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-H11-12V-55W-PH...0c7&vxp=mtr
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Garage sale finds by Robb. @ 04/19/15 04:31 PM

Few more buys today I paid $5 for the hot wheels redlines, blanks cassettes, Toy racecar and Hockey card. I paid $20 for the 2 records from a local record show today.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Corolla will now be built in Mexico... by antiqueshell @ 04/19/15 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: LemanJoe Mexico is very "smart choice," because big cats can bribe their ways into everything they wish in Mexico. Environment? Taxes? Are you kidding me? They will tell the Mexican government when to jump and when to
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Ok. I need to reply to some. I am not ready (mentally) and do not have any time to argue with anybody's believes about engineering and oil viscosity effects. Yes, there are many cars running on 5w20 and lasting longer than 100k miles. There are at l
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Puro Synthetic failed ADBV.... by Whimsey @ 04/19/15 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: KCJeepOriginally Posted By: crazyoildudeUse a wix if you can get a good deal forget purolater. Fram ultra seems like a good filter also maybe for 2 oci's Although i am not convinced that the fram ultra is a great flowing filte
Page 265 of 286 < 1 2 ... 263 264 265 266 267 ... 285 286 >