Recent Topics
Any RECENT VOAs of M1 5W-50 WITH starting TBN??
by dailydriver
19 minutes 56 seconds ago
Switch to Synthetic?
by jkasch
36 minutes 24 seconds ago
More bizarre local news....
by OVERKILL
Today at 05:31 PM
oil change on go karts in the "fun parks"
by edwardh1
Today at 05:17 PM
Lighting problem
by Studebaker
Today at 05:02 PM
Anyone have a Havoline Pro DS Full Synthetic
by LX289
Today at 04:44 PM
My Liqui Moly MOS2 Experience
by HTSS_TR
Today at 04:39 PM
For those who have never used RP
by deven
Today at 04:30 PM
Electra Glide
by bigdreama
Today at 03:01 PM
Different finish on remans from same company?
by spavel6
Today at 02:38 PM
Quick survey: which cars are toe-adjustable only?
by lizpat
Today at 02:24 PM
Help me diagnose a bad CV joint
by Klutch9
Today at 02:10 PM
Newest Members
John_Diggle, MRKSTRK, 2015, gonzoe123, Bobi
53383 Registered Users
Who's Online
118 registered (A_Harman, 02s4audi, 901Memphis, 3800Series, 1maniac, 2010_FX4, 15 invisible), 1914 Guests and 186 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53383 Members
66 Forums
229003 Topics
3660059 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Equinox Engine/Exhaust Noise by wormwood1978 @ 03/25/15 11:52 AM

The EGR valve and tube do not look very difficult to replace. Together the cost is around $250 if I do it myself. With that said, other reading I've done suggest that if the EGR is the problem I would likely see some idiot lights, poor fuel economy
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is all common sense and reasoning gone? by exranger06 @ 03/25/15 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: SpazdogPeople are stupid. I had a client come in Monday that was having a difficult time starting his car. Of course it HAS to be my installation work. Battery voltage drops to 7 while cranking. I tell the client it's probably
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $5 off Pennzoil Platinum on Meijer Mperks by BobThe @ 03/25/15 11:50 AM

I just used the Meijer MPerks $5 off and the $5 Pennzoil coupon together for $10 off. I had two Pennzoil Coupons and we have two mperks accounts so I did it twice. Worked like a charm. They didn't have any 5W-30 PP on the shelf so I asked a staffe
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteJeepers, I thought most ANY 10+ YO car near 100k was a 1500 dollar car. (Excepting good serviceable trucks, "CLASSICS" and kid toys like stangs that can be rebuilt and modded.) You trade often don't you!
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Less restriction = more flow by OVERKILL @ 03/25/15 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: badtlcyou also control the fuel. In most modern cars the fuel is controlled by the MAF, which also extrapolates load from airflow. Which ties back into Shannow's point. On other cars, it is controlled by a MAP sensor, which me
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Originally Posted By: Bandito440Red Line MT-90. Problem solved. ^^^^^^^ this. MT-90 is what I use in my toyota gearbox. Best tranny oil I've ever used. And it lasts forever(seemingly).
Jump to new posts Re: Older Toyota truck folks...need fluid advise by Bandito440 @ 03/25/15 11:45 AM

Red Line MT-90. Problem solved.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: lawn care by MCompact @ 03/25/15 11:44 AM

I have @3 acres to cut; I have a 42" Dixon ZTR and a 54" Cub Commercial ZTR. Anything that I can't reach with one or the other gets either pruned, soaked with Roundup, or cut down. I cut the grass every 7-10 days, tops. No neighbors within
Jump to new posts Re: Equinox Engine/Exhaust Noise by Delta @ 03/25/15 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: wormwood1978As far as you mentioning your EGR. Midas "replaced" the EGR tube two years ago and charged $89 for the part. I took at look at what they put in and it looks like hack job, two pieces of metal tubing welded
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Originally Posted By: Miller88Originally Posted By: daves87rsOriginally Posted By: Miller88Originally Posted By: bubbatimeA week long power outage in major metropolitan cities will cause wide spread rioting and looting. Yeah. I'd be packing up and
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: Doog This is America. You can be whatever you set your mind to be. And sadly most people aim low and results are predictable.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 0W-20 in old 350 chev = clackety clak clack by OVERKILL @ 03/25/15 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: tig1I ran M1 5-20 in the seventies in a Dodge slant 6 that had solid lifters and the engine ran very quite. I didn't go that thin, but I did run M1 5w-30 in a built (~425HP) vintage Ford Y-block in our 1931 Chris-Craft for sev
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone like the 2013+ Nissan Altima 2.5? by ARCOgraphite @ 03/25/15 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteI rented one about 2 years ago. It was the 2014 model. I hated the CVT in it. Everything else was relatively OK given this segment. Camrys have been poordrivers in the recent past too. Japanses car? ALL Hon
Jump to new posts Re: Older Toyota truck folks...need fluid advise by mehullica @ 03/25/15 11:35 AM

Use GL-4 type oils only. GL-5 will corrode the brass syncros in the gearbox
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteJeepers, I thought most ANY 10+ YO car near 100k was a 1500 dollar car. (Excepting good serviceable trucks, "CLASSICS" and kid toys like stangs that can be rebuilt and modded.) I've been offered $4,000 f
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Loading music onto an Android phone by uc50ic4more @ 03/25/15 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: dlaymanHow does it determine better "Quality?" Google Play Music streams at 320kbps. If you are uploading a song that already exists elsewhere in Play's databases, it'll skip the upload and simply allow you access t
If you're a cheapskate and poor, you don't want a Saab-story! When I need cheap transportation, I always run to Cavaliers and S-10s. You can probably pick up a Cobalt for cheap now.
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Brake Fluid by slacktide_bitog @ 03/25/15 11:31 AM

Yes, aftermarket DOT 3/4 is fine
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Switched from Amsoil to Pennzoil/Quaker State by GemStater @ 03/25/15 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Arctic388it gets easier with time. it is time for me to renew my Amsoil dealer status of 10 years and i really don't think i am this time. I think i can meet all my needs with comparable products and lower cost locally. what i
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Firestone Destination LE2 Any problems?? by jeffie7 @ 03/25/15 11:29 AM

I run them on my Trailblazer, best tire for the dollar from what my research has found. Been on my SUV for 2 years. I know my tire installer and was on hand when he installed them, I saw him sanding down the inside of my wheel and when I asked hi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: lawn care by Merkava_4 @ 03/25/15 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1Use of weed-and-feed is inherently wasteful. In most yards, the weed killer is distributed over the entire yard, even areas without weeds. In some very weedy yards, the opposite may be true – the fertilizer may be wast
Jump to new posts Re: Brake bedding by Cardenio327 @ 03/25/15 11:28 AM

Yes, it is highly manufacturer/material dependent. To me, the better quality pads from Raybestos and Wagner feel like they bed in almost instantly. LuK/Ruville recommends 10 firm stops each: 20 to 0 Km/h; followed by 30 to 0 Km/h; then 50 to 0 Km/h
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: External Hard Drive? by itguy08 @ 03/25/15 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: javacontourI switched to BackBlaze over a year ago. I've been through several cloud backup providers. They start with unlimited and then slowly change to some fixed amount. Coming on near 6 years with Crashplan and never a
Jump to new posts Re: DEXRONŽ-HP spec (GMW-16974) published by MolaKule @ 03/25/15 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: dnewton3 Originally Posted By: WhitewolfFrom an OEM perspective the value of a 1% gain in fuel economy by simply changing the oil is huge when compared to the cost of trying to achieve the same improvement by the engineering rou
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: San Francisco dreaming by dishdude @ 03/25/15 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: MysticOriginally Posted By: WarstudAre you coming out of the closet???? If you mean am I gay, no I am not gay. Do you have to be gay if you live in San Francisco? There are just regular people living there, right? Gay people
Page 265 of 296 < 1 2 ... 263 264 265 266 267 ... 295 296 >