by mjoekingz28
34 minutes 41 seconds ago
Mobil Super Syn vs ...others
by Yup
Today at 12:45 AM
2016 WRX
by Silver02ex
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Class Action Lawsuit Against Oil Filter Company?
by crazyoildude
Yesterday at 11:42 PM
PL10241 Cut Open
by Vegoose
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
Seems like common sense to me......
by Doog
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Thinking of buying an old diesel Benz
by Diego3336
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Mobil 1 5W30 5279 Miles 06 Toyota Tacoma V6 401k
by qnyla
Yesterday at 09:43 PM
2007 corolla oil pan steel or aluminum?
by Rolla07
Yesterday at 09:07 PM
Taiwan DMV "Mechanical Knowledgee" Test Question
by Ducked
Yesterday at 08:56 PM
Paint correction
by mjoekingz28
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Filtertran Filter From My Vehicle 96K Miles
by oil_abuser
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
Newest Members
engus, Rob_Pol, Nick24w, SkipKaye, MikeHancho
56899 Registered Users
Who's Online
19 registered (dgunay, barnstormer, deoxy4, Jason8691, 4 invisible), 577 Guests and 189 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56899 Members
66 Forums
244580 Topics
3983460 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: chainbluWe should rename this thread to: Dumbest thing you have OVERHEARD at a parts store. I've heard countless whoppers coming from both sides of the counter. lol Good point! I have heard some real doozies from both sid
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a small 12v battery. by KD0AXS @ 02/06/16 10:14 AM

Wouldn't a standard size lawn and garden battery work for this?
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Motul Sport Ester 5w40 vs Gulf Competition 5w40 by Brit33 @ 02/06/16 10:12 AM

I am interested in trying an ester based synth oil. Currently look at either Gulf Competition Ester 5w40 or Motul Sport. The motul sport looks like a new breed somewhere between 300v and X-Cess. But the gulf comes in at 10 GBP cheaper and is quite
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Which way is the proper way to install the roll of toilet paper?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New tires always go in front? by Kestas @ 02/06/16 10:10 AM

The fact that many people replace only two tires indicates how few people actually rotate their tires. Even rotating once half-way through the life of the tires is a big help.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Work boots by Islandvic @ 02/06/16 10:09 AM

I own two pair (diff colors) of Ariat Workhog safety toe boots. Prefer square toe, but they are available in round toe. [url=]Ariat Workhog Boot [/url] I bought the first pair after noticing a lot of guys wearing them in the oil and gas in
Jump to new posts Re: Conventional oil in a 3.6 Penastar ok? by Mantooth @ 02/06/16 10:08 AM

Since you mentioned high temps, what temp is your pentastar running at? Do they run hotter in the Rams? With winter temps mine (the Durango) stays in the 180s. Summertime causes it to run in the 190s, low 200s if I'm setting in traffic. Convent
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Pops-a-vent fuel can vent by Vern_in_IL @ 02/06/16 10:08 AM

Looks like a great Ideal, if your stuck with the horrid cans. I upgraded to Eagle Safety cans, and 5 gal NATO cans, you can still buy them. At the time I thought if gas was $5 a gallon, I could afford a Heavy Duty metal can since I could not afford
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Weather guys wrong again by Al @ 02/06/16 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Trav+1 They cant predict tomorrows weather but can say with certainty that's its going to hot as a mofo in 100 yrs and we are going to burn up on a overheated planet. Put another $10 a barrel fee on oil to prevent it. Orig
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Delvac1 ESP in vw 502 app? by dblshock @ 02/06/16 10:06 AM

I bought a case of this 5/40 ESP A/R & tax @$11.00 gal. If they'd offer that on a regular basis I'd just go ahead and use it in all my motors then extend the OCI's.
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: More snake oil? by kschachn @ 02/06/16 10:05 AM

From their description, I'm having trouble determing what it does that your oil doesn't already do. Originally Posted By: DuffyjrTrav, that makes sense on a stored engine and I do live in high humidity. It also says you only need to use 20% of the e
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone keep loaf of bread bread in fridge? by dparm @ 02/06/16 10:02 AM

Putting bread in the fridge dries it out. Don't do it. If you buy extra bread (i.e. BOGO at the store), put a loaf in the freezer. It will thaw relatively quickly when you're ready to use it. Because science: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/06/doe
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts M1 0W-20 EP / 15,745 mi oci / 2004 Honda Accord V6 by vinu_neuro @ 02/06/16 09:58 AM

Oil had been in there since Oct/Nov 2014. During the week the car sees only short trips and on Saturday it goes on a 150 mile round trip. The car gets driven HARD some weekends for long periods of time so I think the chromium may be a result of the v
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: why would someone want to pay with a phone? by kschachn @ 02/06/16 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald How many people with a smartphone have a keyboard lock on it? They better. If you don't, you learn this lesson the day it gets stolen.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone keep loaf of bread bread in fridge? by DBMaster @ 02/06/16 09:57 AM

If I don't use it within a week (branded bread) or three days (fresh baked) I put it in the fridge. I bring it to room temp "low and slow" in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel. At that point you can heat it in a toaster oven if
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: I Finally Pulled the Trigger... by MCompact @ 02/06/16 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: VikasQuote:The only thing it lacks is a limited slip differential. But that can be fixed… How? BMW sells an "M Performance" LSD, and a few other manufacturers also sell units for retrofitting. it's just a matter of
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone keep loaf of bread bread in fridge? by Reddy45 @ 02/06/16 09:54 AM

It takes me a while to go through a loaf so my bread usually stays in the fridge. Lasts pretty long. Only drawback is it will dry out from the lack of humidity.
Jump to new posts Re: More snake oil? by Duffyjr @ 02/06/16 09:53 AM

Trav, that makes sense on a stored engine and I do live in high humidity. It also says you only need to use 20% of the engines oil capacity so 4 ounces an oil change once a year would be cheap. You don't think it would benefit on a daily driver, watc
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Painful To Find M1 5W30 ESP by edyvw @ 02/06/16 09:52 AM

Best per ltr price is on Amazon. Buy 12ltr and you will have for next oil change too.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 has highest film strength by kschachn @ 02/06/16 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: turtlevetteEverything else being equal, it certainly doesn't hurt to have a higher film strength. Even if that might be true, where is it being measured?
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Tried some H11 LED bulbs in the Accord by Rand @ 02/06/16 09:51 AM

I think those work excellently in your housings. Not many do but in this case.. No issues.
Quick lube place: the guy pointing at the old Fram Ultra (just removed from my car), saying: "Fram? These are the worst. Never use them!"
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a small 12v battery. by dlundblad @ 02/06/16 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Check sizes here: https://www.batteryweb.com/bci.cfm Nice link. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: More snake oil? by Lightninrod @ 02/06/16 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: skyactivIt's a waste of money. And don't warm up your truck before driving it as it's bad for the oil and your engine. What he said. On a cold engine, I start it and drive off slowly for the first 5 or so minutes. This allo
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter can bursting by flatlander757 @ 02/06/16 09:48 AM

A few years back we got a misboxed filter for a Toyota Camry(forget the year, spin on type) from Carquest. After the lube tech put it on it unscrewed itself within 20ft, oil everywhere. Turns out it was meant for a Honda. It was a 20x1.5 filter on a
Page 233 of 286 < 1 2 ... 231 232 233 234 235 ... 285 286 >