by eljefino
07/25/16 05:03 PM
Does BG 44K work?
by j_mac
07/25/16 04:56 PM
First CEL on the SRT-8
by OVERKILL
07/25/16 04:00 PM
How wide are the error bars on Seq IIIG tests?
by bulwnkl
07/25/16 03:15 PM
Who watches the oil co's?
by Camprunner
07/25/16 02:44 PM
Magnetec "Edged" out?
by ARCOgraphite
07/25/16 02:34 PM
Let's talk RUM
by car51
07/25/16 02:23 PM
Any .257 Roberts Reloaders On The Site?
by 2015_PSD
07/25/16 01:18 PM
Newest Members
dewpoint, Luuey, Eskimio, Jngoose76, Ken_Clifton
58593 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (aquariuscsm, 182RG, Bandito440, Al, 01_celica_gt, 9 invisible), 1934 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58593 Members
66 Forums
252242 Topics
4136629 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts I am going back to use what I been use in old day. by MetalSlug @ 07/19/16 08:02 AM

Well lately I been going through some " change " , I miss old day, I miss what I am driving ( first few cars ), miss what i am using ( brand... ) I miss my first 98 Mustang GT, so I gone out and found one and bought it ( its take couple mo
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator round holes, returning? by Sayjac @ 07/19/16 08:00 AM

Let's see, Deja vu....all over again, Pete and repeat. How about....
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Speeding ticket court date etc. by OilyWaterMIXER @ 07/19/16 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By: BlkstangerYears ago I got a reckless driving ticket. I was doing a wheelie and got caught. I went to court and it plead down to basic speed law but I still paid the fine for reckless. Small world. I'm actually going to Court
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Grocery shopping: where do you folks go? by Benzadmiral @ 07/19/16 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By: eljefinoOriginally Posted By: JarlaxleI went into Whole Foods a while back...my sister was visiting, which was the only reason. I was treated like I had the plague...getting back to the car, I realized why. I was wearing a T-s
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: No Need For a Warm Up Today by Benzadmiral @ 07/19/16 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By: suptonOriginally Posted By: BenzadmiralMy Regal's central readout, the display of the radio station or CD track, also shows the exterior temperature. I wish I could turn it off. Do what Click and Clack do--piece of black e
Jump to new posts Re: How Realistic Is This Theory? by NavyVet88 @ 07/19/16 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Originally Posted By: Red91I've read quite a few threads on here about more frequent oil changes causing more wear due to the fresh oil washing away the anti-wear layer put in place by the old oil, but how realistic is
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by OilyWaterMIXER @ 07/19/16 07:52 AM

Sade - Smooth Operator
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: cooling performance between different colours? by virginoil @ 07/19/16 07:51 AM

Next time you purchase coolant choose the one that best matches the color of your vehicle. The colors of coolants can be blended to get close as possible to the vehicles color. If a colour is not available use plain water as this colour is neutral
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Speeding ticket court date etc. by Donald @ 07/19/16 07:48 AM

If your license is at stake get an attorney. You have your license, court fines and increased insurance costs to consider. What else is on your license? When you renew insurance, just ignore the questions. Chances are they will not pay the $5 o
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Speeding ticket court date etc. by dlayman @ 07/19/16 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: DB_CooperI found that if you get an attorney you will usually get a break with the court. Everyone knows it is a game. The judge was or is a practicing attorney, the prosecutor was a practicing attorney too. You get a break beca
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: P0456 Small Evap Leak by SHOZ @ 07/19/16 07:45 AM

I just replaced the purge valve on my Hyundai Accent. Got the P0456 but the real indicator was hard starting after filling up with gas. The solenoid worked on it but there is garbage that builds up and keeps the valve from fully sealing when off.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hood liner by barkingspider @ 07/19/16 07:43 AM

High temp fiberglass tape might work.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Solar power is getting cheaper every year by jimbrewer @ 07/19/16 07:43 AM

Cost of the solar panels is now well under a dollar a watt. The installation cost is a big multiple of that and needs to be addressed. Utilities are learning how to capture the tax credit through the orders of compliant local regulators.
Jump to new posts Re: 5w40 in Subaru? by FutureDoc @ 07/19/16 07:40 AM

Subarus have always (normally) been easy on oil (Save for some of the newer FB). Back with the old EJs, they would run anything without complaint. I used to run Shell T5 10w40 as well as QS Defy 5w20 without any complaint. Some FB25B sip the 0x20 som
Computers
Originally Posted By: daves66nova My comp's running as good as before again!! Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds premature, but glad your PC is working again.
Blue will cool the best...
Jump to new posts Re: cooling performance between different colours? by racer12306 @ 07/19/16 07:37 AM

Based on the pictures: Top picture: VW spec G13 Middle Picture: Extended life coolant Bottom Picture: normal life coolant
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Switchback LED Turns and Flasher relay conversion by Colt45ws @ 07/19/16 07:36 AM

I put some switchback LED turn signals in the front of the CVPI. They are white in park mode, and switch to Amber when flashing. What's nice about these ones is they shut off the white completely when flashing amber, sorta like a lot of newer Vehicle
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil1 Burns Quickly? by doublebase @ 07/19/16 07:32 AM

I never had a problem with oil usage/burning using Mobil 1, I think it's one of the better oils out there. My car generally uses 3/4 of a quart in 5,000 miles...with Mobil 1 it uses a bit less than other brands.
Tires & Wheels
I'm getting the CS5 Ultra Tourings installed on my wife's Kia Sorento tomorrow. We live in NH where we get a lot of snow so will be using these as a 3 season tire and getting snow snows put on late Fall. Have the CS3A's on my comuuter Mazda 3 and ha
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Yes, Winter tires... Honda Fit by Rand @ 07/19/16 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: UG_PassatEWC's are being phased out and being replaced by WinterContact SI Blizzak's, it depends on which one. Blizzak is a tire category name for Bridgestone. So, you can get Blizzak's that are bett
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car audio gurus chime in by DriveHard @ 07/19/16 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: OilyWaterMIXEROriginally Posted By: rooflessVWTo keep the sheet metal from vibrating. It's wasted energy. It avoids license plate rattle, right? It doesn't affect the sound sound all? I still have
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car audio gurus chime in by DriveHard @ 07/19/16 07:28 AM

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: OilyWaterMIXERI like cars that have the speakers in the car with you. Could be a Roadmaster or Caprice Wagon, Golf, or like a Suburban or something. These all have great sound, since the speakers aren
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Tough Filter & Oil Questions by Scum_Frog @ 07/19/16 07:26 AM

Oil - MC SemiSyn 5W20 is a good oil and will do the job, a good synthetic IMO would even be better. Filter: If you are hung up on using Fram go with the Ultra, otherwise the MC Filter of course is a great option. For reference, On my Ford F150 5.0 I
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I got screamed at again today...... by bunnspecial @ 07/19/16 07:25 AM

Fortunately my subdivision, on the whole, is fairly laid back on the "don't park in front of my house" thing. We have concrete curbs that make yard parking pretty much a non-issue(plus the fact that my front yard is pretty much straight dow
Page 233 of 244 < 1 2 ... 231 232 233 234 235 ... 243 244 >