Yesterday at 05:03 PM
Injectors question
by chrisri
Yesterday at 04:30 PM
Newest Members
kinder, SamBruin7, splatt, Lars65inc, dothedrew1202
51984 Registered Users
Who's Online
32 registered (123Saab, Azeem, Drew99GT, carlprop, DSparks, 901Memphis, 4 invisible), 822 Guests and 168 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51984 Members
66 Forums
222540 Topics
3522298 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Simple Repairs made MORE Difficult by NHGUY @ 11/17/14 11:43 AM

Chrysler 2.2 the only engine ever designed with serviceability in mind.Oil filter,distributor,waterpump,,alternator,fuel pump,temp sensor,oil pressure sensor,belt adjustment,spark plugs/plug wires,AC compressor...ALL up front and easy to get to.The s
Tires & Wheels
It seems this is a special case of a factory being "decommissioned" and the molds stolen. Certainly, this is not an example of all Chinese tires. Look at that semi next to you on the highway, they run "Double Coin" tires and othe
Jump to new posts Re: Normal behavior of charging system in Winter? by eljefino @ 11/17/14 11:40 AM

Longer crank times could just be older gas with "summer" vapor pressure or you need a tune up/ injector cleaning etc. Is it cranking strongly? It's not arctic yet where you are, I assume.
Hydraulic Fluids
Jump to new posts Hyrdaulic oil for duralast 2 1/4 jack by lawman1909 @ 11/17/14 11:39 AM

Just bought this to replace the aging and now weld-cracking jack i had. In the owners manual, it says to drain all the hydraulic fluid every 6 months and refill. I will used it once every 5k miles so about once every 5 months. I believe it spec'd WD-
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline to Mobile 1- Truck Runs better? by roadrunner1 @ 11/17/14 11:38 AM

There have been testing done that show MORE wear with more frequent oil changes. Fresh oil will strip the boundry layer of additives off and take upwards to 1,000 mi. to replace. So with more frequent OC's you are constantly stripping and re-applying
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Given the diff take maybe 2 QTs of gear oil is cost really an issue? If you are going to go for synthetic, only one worth considering Amsoil SVG.
Jump to new posts Re: 1995 Voyager van won't stay running. by NHGUY @ 11/17/14 11:38 AM

Vacuum leak.....idle air motor....??
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Aprox cost of roadforce balancing by Ken2 @ 11/17/14 11:35 AM

Very important is to find a shop with an experienced trained operator that is given the time to do the job right. If you can, hang around and watch to see how they do on other guys' wheels.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Super 3000 X1 by zoli @ 11/17/14 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Dmitry_KWe have an analysis of the oil after receiving API SN: Mobil 3000 X1 5W40 API SN Thx a lot for shading this, Dimitry! This could be a good alternafive Summer oil in my SAAB - current fill is M1 0W40 for winter.
Jump to new posts Re: question about mobil 1 by Ken2 @ 11/17/14 11:32 AM

Quote: Maybe I will try the 5w50 or 0w50What do you mean that the Mobil 1 0W-40 was too thin? You seem to have hitched your wagon to Mobil, no problem there, so try the Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-40 or the Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40, or the Mobi
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Just curious... by DBMaster @ 11/17/14 11:31 AM

You just reminded me of the show I watched on H2 yesterday, "Prophets of Doom." They basically restated what I think we all know; that there are still no viable alternatives to fossil fuels as of yet. The represent the stored energy from
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Car-X doesn't carry TPMS rebuild kits? Huh? by mrsilv04 @ 11/17/14 11:31 AM

Well, that TPMS sensor that I was told was leaky and needed to be replaced hasn't leaked a bit. The only thing that was wrong with it was the idiot in the shop that left the nut on it only finger tight. I'll never give Car-X another dime.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: What does 10,000hp cost ? by A_Harman @ 11/17/14 11:29 AM

1000 ft. drags are an abomination. Downsize the engines, limit nitro load, limit blower size. It's kind of silly sitting 5 minutes between each run to watch one car make a 3.something second pass, and the other car either blows the engine or goes up
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: tires for 06 lucerne by mrsilv04 @ 11/17/14 11:29 AM

Match up those Dunlop Signature tires with a new pair. Dunlop is owned by Goodyear, and folks here seem to like them.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Manual Locking Hubs...Synthetic Diff Oil a Waste? by AdmiralYoda @ 11/17/14 11:29 AM

I have an 87 Toyota 4Runner that is my daily driver. It has manual locking hubs so for 99.99% of the time the front differential gear is not spinning. The 4Runner is not subject to heavy duty usage so the need for synthetic is largely for extended
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: How cold before you stop hand washing your car? by aquariuscsm @ 11/17/14 11:29 AM

I just put on a pair of rubber gloves(the kind you use for dish washing)and go at it no matter how cold it is,as long as the hose isn't frozen.
Jump to new posts Re: 1995 Voyager van won't stay running. by eljefino @ 11/17/14 11:28 AM

These have an "auto shut down relay". Switch with another with the same part number, IIRC, the horn relay.
Jump to new posts Re: 1995 Voyager van won't stay running. by SVTCobra @ 11/17/14 11:27 AM

Possibly some water collected in the tank after sitting from the ethanol? I know you said fresh gas but the first thing the fuel pump could have pulled was water causing it to run then stall. Just a thought.
Jump to new posts Re: Simple Repairs made MORE Difficult by roadrunner1 @ 11/17/14 11:26 AM

My sons Mazda 6 ('11?) had to remove passenger wheel & wheel liner to get at light bulb. he explained this to me over the phone and I gave him a "come on man", but he came out and sure enough the only way to replace the bulb was through
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: AT&T U-verse internet residential gateway? by javacontour @ 11/17/14 11:26 AM

I'm probably not the one to answer since I have Fiber to my home. My data point wouldn't be the same as one who had a copper pair to their home. It's been pretty solid. I think uVerse was updating the software in the DVR/TV boxes as we had an outa
Jump to new posts Re: Simple Repairs made MORE Difficult by css9450 @ 11/17/14 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Silverado12Chevy Cruze 1.4: remove motor mount to get belt off. That's common on a lot of cars. Many have the motor mount inside the routing of the belt. On my Cobalt, the mount had to come off just because it was in the wa
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Wax vs. Polish by aquariuscsm @ 11/17/14 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: pbmThanks Guys.....I'll either get the Nu-Finish or a Duragloss product. I saw a product on sale at WM called 'Barrier Reef' Carnuba Wax....I might give it a try... That's what I use(the Barrier Reef wax),in conjunction with
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline to Mobile 1- Truck Runs better? by tig1 @ 11/17/14 11:24 AM

I get the same results as you do but I do 10K OCIs.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Taurus Question by Win @ 11/17/14 11:24 AM

I was going to suggest the tip up Cheetah as well, I think it's the model 86, but frankly, I think the odds of finding one are virtually nil. There is also a .22LR Cheetah, the model 87, but finding one of those at this point would likely be near i
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: White Car Care Q by Chris B. @ 11/17/14 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: The CriticOriginally Posted By: Chris B.[ NuFinish is not abrasive at all. My 1997 Sierra has been "waxed" nearly 40 times in almost 20 years using NuFinish. The paint is like new and shows no signs of being worn down.
Page 233 of 245 < 1 2 ... 231 232 233 234 235 ... 244 245 >