Recent Topics
mobil 1 0-30 vs 5-30 for chevy 2.2 l4
by datech
3 minutes 29 seconds ago
Wire crimp tool
by supton
27 minutes 41 seconds ago
VOA of Schaeffer's products(any other misc)?
by awitte58
46 minutes 55 seconds ago
Wal-mart price change
by RGR
51 minutes 58 seconds ago
Opinion on a quarter century old BMW 850i (E31)
by Vikas
56 minutes 29 seconds ago
What brake flare do I need to get?
by Smcatub
Today at 08:40 AM
DRL's are going to kill me.
by BMWTurboDzl
Today at 06:30 AM
PS Fluid for '97 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L ?
by ChrisD46
Today at 05:13 AM
20w-20 diesel oil
by OneEyeJack
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Cartridge Razors
by Merkava_4
Yesterday at 10:47 PM
steel wool to clean dipstick
by lukejo
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Hacking Traffic Lights
by Pop_Rivit
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
Newest Members
tomlct, geeboss, jerryvang, carguru, Uol
51039 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (440Magnum, awitte58, 123Saab, AandPDan, badtlc, 10 invisible), 1760 Guests and 197 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51039 Members
64 Forums
218137 Topics
3438761 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 3/4 and 1 ton diesel - 2000 and newer by weebl @ 08/15/14 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: itguy08That was one thing that scared me on the Diesels. Tuners seem to be popular with them and they can be removed easily. Not sure if they leave traces in the computer but it may be worth it to have a trusted Diesel mechanic
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: TORQUE Coffee Talk by danthaman1980 @ 08/15/14 12:18 PM

1) My thoughts are that a drive adapter or extention will affect the torque applied, but only to the extent that the drive adapter or extention twists under torque (thus absorbing some of the force you're attempting to apply to the nut) - in other wo
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: What do all of you think of Mercedes-Benz? by JHZR2 @ 08/15/14 12:18 PM

Most folks know I love old MB diesels. Have owned a few W123s in the past and own two of the nicest examples out there currently. Id consider a w124, w126, w107, and maybe a few newer models. But IMO their engineering went downhill at some point a
Jump to new posts Re: The one benefit I see with push button start by Nick1994 @ 08/15/14 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: eljefinoMy HHR and a bunch of other chevies made since the mid 2000s have it so if you turn the key 1/2 second or more it keeps the starter on until the motor catches, then lets go. Though I would have issues using the starter
Jump to new posts Re: My Kia turns itself off as I'm driving by bepperb @ 08/15/14 12:17 PM

You're not at a loss at all. And it is dangerous enough you need to fix it. You have three obvious sources, start there. I'd guess the ignition switch but if the relay or the crank sensor is cheap you might start there instead. Couldn't you repla
Jump to new posts Re: My Kia turns itself off as I'm driving by Nick1994 @ 08/15/14 12:15 PM

How are you still alive!? What about all those killed and injured from GM ignition switches turning the cars off!? Lol I had a 96' Chevy truck that would do this and would fire right back up, it was the fuel pump relay that the connection was loose
Jump to new posts Re: The one benefit I see with push button start by raytseng @ 08/15/14 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2No thanks. Not a fan of anything but the tried and true metal key. ha, because the metal doesn't wear out as well? Or get bent or snapped off? Which I've seen a friend do in real life. luckily he had a hideakey as w
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: crumbling purolator by grampi @ 08/15/14 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix^^^ "Livin' in the past". Tell me what oil filter can out perform the Ultra for the same price, availability, construction and reliability? You put too much stock in flow rates and filteration numbers...those
Jump to new posts Re: TORQUE Coffee Talk by HosteenJorje @ 08/15/14 12:11 PM

I'll let more experienced members answer most of your questions. See what Snap-On or Proto say about use of torque wrenches. Forget about something that requires seven inch pounds of torque. You won't use that torque wrench three times in your entire
No thanks. Not a fan of anything but the tried and true metal key. I dont want a wireless signal transmitting through my leg, dont want to have a potentially unreliable key transmitter or receiver, or something that down the line thieves may be abl
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Do you pre-fill the filter with oil during OC? by engineer20 @ 08/15/14 12:11 PM

how long do you start up the engine for after you fill the crankcase and oil? 1 minute? 10 minutes?
Jump to new posts Re: What do all of you think of Mercedes-Benz? by Volvohead @ 08/15/14 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: NHGUYDaimler-Benz bought Chrysler,and ruined them.Fleeced them of their cash reserves This is also quite true. Chrysler was financially much stronger than DB at that time, with improving product and substantial cash reserves,
Oil Filters
I see no need to fill the filter, after all I saw an engine one time at the county fair running without oil.
Jump to new posts Re: What do all of you think of Mercedes-Benz? by jeepman3071 @ 08/15/14 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: horse123 The problem with that dependability study is it doesn't say how long the period of time was that they "measured" dependability. You have to take into account that most luxury car owners only keep their
Jump to new posts My Kia turns itself off as I'm driving by Smcatub @ 08/15/14 12:02 PM

2005 Kia Optima 2.4 L 4 Cyl with 97,xxx miles This is a weird problem that's been happening for two years now. Why have I let it go for two years? Because, oddly, it's seasonal. It will happen in the autumn and the spring. All I can figure it it's
European and Import Motor Oils
It's too easy to buy the right stuff like M1 0W-40 or Castrol 0W-40 at the local store. If Amsoil were LL-01 and sitting on the store shelf, I might be tempted. But why go out of your way for something that does not meet spec and is more costly.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Baldwin B299 by sayjac @ 08/15/14 12:01 PM

Solid looking filter, higher efficiency than the automotive/pc applications I've seen posted here. What's the part in the lower left hand corner first pic? Looks similar to the spacer rings used on Wix lower tier made fors not using thread end bypas
Jump to new posts Re: What do all of you think of Mercedes-Benz? by jeepman3071 @ 08/15/14 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL I haven't found my M5 to be overly expensive to own I think the newer one with the plastic water pumps, electronic thermostats and other doodads may be a lot more expensive for truly long-term ownership though. Yeah
Jump to new posts Re: What do all of you think of Mercedes-Benz? by Quattro Pete @ 08/15/14 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: horse123 I said they are more reliable than the other German options on average. That's just a fact. The JD Power study you referenced only looks at 3-year-old cars. Is this indicative of how long a car will last (which was you
Jump to new posts Re: The one benefit I see with push button start by bdcardinal @ 08/15/14 11:58 AM

Ford has had the PCM controlled started even on the key start cars for a few years now. I have it on the new Mustang and love it, just tap the key and let the computer do all the work.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Magneti Marelli filters - any good? by Trav @ 08/15/14 11:58 AM

Sorry it is true, these cars have lots of electrical and rust issues on terminals and sockets (the whole car does but thatís another subject) when subjected to winter salt conditions. The only injector (some Harley use it also) i have to keep in stoc
Jump to new posts Re: New Borla exhaust for the Track Pack by bdcardinal @ 08/15/14 11:57 AM

When it first came out, they spec'd the Synthetic Manual fluid, the expensive pixie dust infused stuff from Germany. Now they spec the Dual Clutch fluid because it is thinner and prevents shifting issues when cold. Not sure what their definition of
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Supermarket Self Check-Out by JamesBond @ 08/15/14 11:55 AM

I'm surprised at the people who think that the self-checkout machine has taken the job of the cashier, when its actually YOU! who have taken the cashiers job. The machine is the the same. Congratulations college boy, you've just been promoted t
Jump to new posts Re: What do all of you think of Mercedes-Benz? by OVERKILL @ 08/15/14 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071Luxury vehicles are cars you lease, not own. Especially if you plan on owning a vehicle for a long time. They are huge maintenance hogs. My dad had a Mercedes-Benz GL450 SUV. It was a very nice riding and nice dri
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement for Arris tg862g router... by Nick R @ 08/15/14 11:54 AM

I have a lot of technician friends still at time Warner and they swear by Motorola modems for reliability, and would never touch a zoom modem. Just my 2c
Page 233 of 236 < 1 2 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 >