by BRZED
Today at 04:39 PM
Tragic Image of Drowned Syrian Toddler
by HTSS_TR
Today at 04:16 PM
polishing roof of a pickup
by cat843
Today at 03:54 PM
Tire Pressure "On-Board Sensor" accuracy vs.
by ExMachina
Today at 03:25 PM
one man brake bleed help (trying a gravity bleed?)
by columnshift
Today at 03:17 PM
A Short Time Line for Development
by MolaKule
Today at 03:05 PM
Newest Members
Lvchief81, p75bojan, Roby466, niko493, Asqueroso
55252 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (3311, AdRock, aircooled, akela, AandPDan, 87sammy, 8 invisible), 1561 Guests and 121 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55252 Members
66 Forums
236898 Topics
3817876 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: ammo design and performance criteria by CT8 @ 08/28/15 10:09 AM

This is a great source on ammo info by Dr. Roberts
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Purolator is still listening- Engineering report by HangFire @ 08/28/15 10:08 AM

You all might recall that Purolator is working with me in investigating what happened when my PureOne PL14610 that experienced a tear (misidentified as a Classic in the first post of the first link here). I just got off of a conference call with
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep Patriot Weird Tire Size by OVERKILL @ 08/28/15 10:07 AM

General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart stops selling AR15's by Win @ 08/28/15 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Dallas69 ....We have the right to own guns,just not any type gun. That's what I think. If I am a law abiding citizen, what difference does it make to you, or anyone else, what type of gun I own? That's what I think.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil euro av by ExMachina @ 08/28/15 10:05 AM

Thats an ACEA C3 mid-saps oil. Gasoline engines in the U.S. are usually recommended to use high-saps oil, like LL-01 and MB229.5 specs. Pennz Euro AV does meet VW 502.00/505.00 specs for those VW/Audi engines, yet I wouldn't put this oil in any oth
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: ammo design and performance criteria by dnewton3 @ 08/28/15 10:05 AM

If you go to the Speer website, they do have some info, but I found it not as informational as I would have liked in that it does not give a "use this in that" easy answer chart. But they have great C/S; so give them a call!
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge black bottle by pbm @ 08/28/15 10:05 AM

...So I'm assuming that the 'titanium' SN version should be an improvement over the older SN stuff. Would this (Black Edge) 0w20 be entirely Gr. III or does it have some Gr. IV basestocks? I'm assuming the Magnatec 0w20 is all Gr. III. I'm asking bec
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Best Scenic-Fun-Awesome Roads, Bridges, Tunnels by 440Magnum @ 08/28/15 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: bdcardinalI enjoy the stretch of PCH between Santa Monica and Port Hueneme. I purposefully take that route whenever it makes sense, got my first *and knock on wood only* speeding ticket on it, well worth it. PCH gets even be
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State center tube change by Nyogtha @ 08/28/15 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: goodtimesPlastic tube molded with required strength would be even better IMO. That's already on the market. It's the Champion Laboratories ecore design. I haven't seen any discussion on anyone finding a failed ecore nylon cage
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: When's the best time of year to buy a Chevy Truck? by OneEyeJack @ 08/28/15 10:01 AM

During the last hour of the last day of the year from dealer stock.
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge black bottle by The_Captain @ 08/28/15 10:00 AM

I picked up two Jugs of the Edge (Black) on rollback for less than $23. @ Walmart. I love the wear numbers I have gotten from my use of Kendall GT-1 w/ titanium. I thought I would try a couple of oil changes with Castrol Edge Black bottle w/ titanium
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bottled water on track to outsell soda by 2017 by OneEyeJack @ 08/28/15 09:59 AM

In some parts of the world where I've worked bottled water is a necessity not a luxury.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking into sporty / grand tourer cars by thr_wedge @ 08/28/15 09:59 AM

E250 is not fast enough, motorweek squeaked out a 15.5 1/4 at 88mph. This is roughly the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile time as my wife's truck. E63 AMG, I may consider though. I'm not opposed to going a few years old, and it only needs to be comfortable
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: John_Conrad My dentist thinks that bottled water is to acidic, but many times on the road i have to bottle water instead of dehydrating. My pH meter disagrees with him, but I'm sure it's a bit more region specific. You'd taste
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: '03 E350 what additional work w/engine pulled? by 440Magnum @ 08/28/15 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Miller88Cam Chain? Yes. Both of them as well as guides and tensioners. :-)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart stops selling AR15's by Astro14 @ 08/28/15 09:58 AM

One is black and scary-looking. One is traditional in appearance. So, let's ban the black, scary-looking one on the basis of...appearance. Discrimination based on color and appearance? OK....
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire Shopping Again! by Tdbo @ 08/28/15 09:57 AM

UPDATE: Have eye strain from reading so many tire reviews. Have been on Tire Rack and the Odyssey forum to name a couple. Originally while posting the options, I thought that it was probably going to come down to the Cooper C5 Grand or the General A
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Turning off AC before engine shutoff? by ryanschillinger @ 08/28/15 09:56 AM

I turn off my ac, but leave vent on high and cold until it stops blowing cold. I'm sure my wife doesn't do that in the Corolla. Neither one has issues, but my civic is a 96 and hers is a 13. I've seen recommendations by service techs to shut off the
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Fuel System Cleaning 30000 Miles by demarpaint @ 08/28/15 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: philipp10Originally Posted By: 4wheeldogUnless you habitually buy your gas from no name cheapo places, there should be no need. Reputable branded fuel has all the system cleaners you should ever need. Even the no name cheap
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Reporter/cameraman killed by Win @ 08/28/15 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: bammer5609I live in a country where I do not fear walking the streets, going to the mall, to a movie, to a food court, driving my car, going to church, work, and sleeping at night in my home. I do not fear for my family and fri
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart stops selling AR15's by dlundblad @ 08/28/15 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleOriginally Posted By: Dallas69Last I checked,shotguns and pistols had more than 1 shot in them. I don't sit around in my recliner dressed up like Dog the Bounty Hunter thinking I am going to be invaded,so I feel no need
Vehicles
This is awesome info, thanks everyone that's posted so far.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bottled water on track to outsell soda by 2017 by dlundblad @ 08/28/15 09:48 AM

I find it hard to believe folks are drinking less pop, soda etc. But drinking more bottled water is definitely a step in the right direction IMO even if its a Pespi/ Coke product. I am personally a fan of the reverse osmosis stuff from the grocery
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bottled water on track to outsell soda by 2017 by John_Conrad @ 08/28/15 09:47 AM

i have pretty much eliminated soda. Coffee, tea, milk, water and occasional juice is what i have now. Am Drinking tap water at home and work using filter on a pitcher. My dentist thinks that bottled water is to acidic, but many times on the road i
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Name the Fluid and its use by MolaKule @ 08/28/15 09:45 AM

...Now, give us this patent number that you so strongly stake your argument on, and make sure it is relevant to the discussion. The only conclusion is the so-called patent is NOT relevant to his case nor does it support his premise. Ponty, you're
Page 232 of 257 < 1 2 ... 230 231 232 233 234 ... 256 257 >