by faramir9
09/02/14 11:13 AM
2011 Ram 1500 Differential and Transfer Case
by JasonK94Z
09/02/14 10:17 AM
Napa Gold
by Lubener
09/02/14 10:16 AM
Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise?
by jbl_91762
09/02/14 09:20 AM
Linux Mint - Grub rescue - Unmounted partition?
by 99Saturn
09/02/14 08:59 AM
Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud...
by mrsilv04
09/02/14 08:53 AM
Help pick a winner
by Camprunner
09/02/14 08:24 AM
Economic high detergency oil
by buck91
09/02/14 08:17 AM
Ordered test kit from Blackstone
by Swift101
09/02/14 08:16 AM
ThinkWise
by stockrex
09/02/14 07:10 AM
Newest Members
SparkSVT, grumpyoldman, jbl_91762, PapasGuy, fanie
51170 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (aquariuscsm, 01rangerxl, ARCOgraphite, 6starprez, AandPDan, 8 invisible), 1864 Guests and 225 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51170 Members
64 Forums
218672 Topics
3448173 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by michaelluscher @ 21 minutes 55 seconds ago

When your willing to come to terms with a global economy, you'll be a lot happier with the selection at your free market disposal.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise? by tenderloin @ 22 minutes 27 seconds ago

While T6 is a good oil for many applications and certainly will not hurt the Infinity. T6 and similar oils are often refereed to as "dual use" ....they primarily are for diesels. The vast majority of information on Rotella T6 site is about
Jump to new posts Re: Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise? by ARCOgraphite @ 23 minutes 20 seconds ago

I have not found a light duty engine that really needed a full 40 grade and high HTHS. They all ran better when I did a mix in with some ILSAC conserving oils. Witness the EJ series Subaru that liked 3 qts Rotella triple 10w30 Fleet oil with the ba
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda real time AWD by supton @ 23 minutes 55 seconds ago

My Tundra has part time four wheel drive. I can get binding easily in my yard. Zero warning in the manual about not using 4hi on bare pavement though.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Preferences by L_Sludger @ 24 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gtI'm all about that bass no treble I have Sennheiser HD 600 headphones. They cost me $500. I prefer to hear the whole song and all the details. I don't care for headphones that muddle the entire song and overpower it
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 01 Chevy Prizm 1.8L 1FFZE, 5800mi, Mobil 5000 5w30 by bullwinkle @ 24 minutes 47 seconds ago

Maxlife would slow it down but not stop it-can't believe you haven't lost the catalytic converter yet burning that much!
Jump to new posts Re: New to GDI engines by wemay @ 26 minutes 15 seconds ago

DI engines typically have a stratified burn mode (ultra lean) where the ignition can occur during compression stroke. Not too mention the injector has to be able to withstand the pressures of combustion so that air/fuel doesn't get pushed into the in
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Snow tire/made in USA rant by faramir9 @ 26 minutes 29 seconds ago

Combining two of our favorite subjects: This year I am determined to get winter tires---the H727s did well for an A/S the past two winters, but I don't want to push it---and I really want my next set of tires to be made in the USA. And then there i
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: an older daily driver by L_Sludger @ 26 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BenzadmiralAnybody mention the 1981-1991 W126 Mercedes, coupe or sedan? The sedan several V-8s and a diesel in short- or long-wheelbase, and the coupe offered 2 V-8s in America (and, I think, a third one overseas, the 420SEC).
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Toyota Tacoma Extended Drains by mrdctaylor @ 26 minutes 41 seconds ago

I've got a 2002 Tacoma (3.4L V6) with almost 180K miles on it. I used Mobil 1 for the first 120K miles. Pennzoil Ultra for the next several changes, and then Pennzoil Platinum for the last few. I just went back to Mobil 1 a couple of weeks ago becau
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 1 yr, 3 yr, 5yr or since inception? by L_Sludger @ 27 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bustednutz1 yr, 3 yr, 5yr or since inception? Well Inception came out in 2010 so it couldn't be 5 years as of the time this post is made. We have to go deeper.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Weird sky. by L_Sludger @ 30 minutes 55 seconds ago

Those contrails that won't go away are because of zip fuel. The boranes cause the clouding. They must be flying XB-70s around your neck of the woods. edit: Astro, how did I do?
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: DI intake valves CAN be cleaned with PEA? by wemay @ 32 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wrf01aOriginally Posted By: badtlcOriginally Posted By: VikasA question to resident GDI experts; since the fuel is injected on the intake stroke, why does the fuel needs to be at 2000 psi? Isn't there is a negative pressure (ak
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud... by L_Sludger @ 35 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: lugNutzOriginally Posted By: L_Sludgeralthough it would be a lot less titillating than the 200mb zip file loaded with the personal pictures and videos of Kate Upton that went around this time. Yowza! I wasn't a fan of Kate Upton
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Help pick a winner by Camprunner @ 35 minutes 15 seconds ago

Sorry yes they are Revo 2's
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Lower Priced Indian Models by Jarlaxle @ 37 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: whipOriginally Posted By: grampiNow I'm making stuff up? Like what? I think you've lost it man... When you said "Harleys cost 2-3 times more than Japanese bikes", I thought you were making
Jump to new posts Re: Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise? by A_Harman @ 37 minutes 38 seconds ago

It's rated CJ4/SN, which in the realm of API designations, means that it's primarily formulated for diesels, because the diesel rating is listed first. The big reason that it can be rated SN, despite its high ZDDP content is that it's a 40-weight, f
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Just for fun / Best sounding car you ever owned by jayg @ 38 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: VirtuosoI always liked the sound of my old '94 Taurus SHO when the short intake runner's opened at 4k RPM. Those motors are excellent.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud... by lugNutz @ 40 minutes 19 seconds ago

Apple has all the proper securities in place. Period. You need to use them, if you don't then well..... a thread like this will start. Apple does have a lockout for password verification. I locked myself out of my account and had to call Apple for
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered test kit from Blackstone by Hermann @ 42 minutes 34 seconds ago

It's refined CRUDE oil, just put it in anything that looks clean and won't melt, and cover it with plastic wrap or something. They need about 5 to 6 oz.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Ram 1500 Differential and Transfer Case by Ken2 @ 44 minutes 7 seconds ago

Doubtful if you can save enough fuel to cover the extra cost of a premium gear oil. The ATF+4 products will all be more alike than different in this regard. What gear oil would best protect the differential in your driving conditions including weat
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: help me choose a Schaeffers grease by Ken2 @ 48 minutes 13 seconds ago

238 is too stiff for high speed bearings. I've heard it not recommended for wheel bearings under 3". Grease flows in the bearing. Small, high speed bearings won't get the flow they need with 238. 221 would do it all. I'd have two grease g
Jump to new posts Re: Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise? by dparm @ 48 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A_HarmanRotella T6 is a fine oil, but it's not primarily formulated for gasoline engines. If the engine is running fine on M1 10w30, I see no reason to change it. Not entirely sure I agree. It carries API SN, which is a gaso
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Where does the U.S. get its oil from? by kschachn @ 51 minutes 43 seconds ago

It would be very helpful if there was a pipeline too. Rail is both more unsafe and comes at a cost that's about double/triple that of a pipeline. Originally Posted By: GarakAs far as I'm concerned, with free trade and us sharing the continent, the U
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud... by javacontour @ 52 minutes 26 seconds ago

I've heard some of the non-scripted drivel that comes from the Hollywood crowd that seems to back up my theory. There may be exceptions. But for the most part, when these folks are writing their own lines, they don't strike me as mensa candidates.
Page 2 of 254 < 1 2 3 4 ... 253 254 >