by Mulestang
Today at 06:46 AM
Calamari
by Char Baby
Today at 06:44 AM
The Coffee Police..
by Warstud
Today at 05:26 AM
Cheap No Contract phone wanted... Sick of it.
by JGmazda
Today at 02:52 AM
1994 Volvo 945 / Q8 T1000D Dino 10w30 @8000 Km
by miniac007
Today at 02:32 AM
What are your favorite detailing products?
by The Critic
Today at 02:27 AM
Oil Filter Autopsy Question
by Nyogtha
Today at 12:58 AM
Napa Gold (Wix) Oil Filters Threads Machined Badly
by crazyoildude
Today at 12:44 AM
Need oil for car with oil control ring issues
by Oro_O
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
AMSOIL Oil Filter Demonstrator
by CELICA_XX
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Newest Members
ArtGarcia, 12e, AnonyBliss, Rits, BMEP
51659 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (AandPDan, -SyN-, abycat, 2010_FX4, 2004tdigls, 6 invisible), 1559 Guests and 157 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51659 Members
64 Forums
221048 Topics
3493925 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: What does Liqui-Moly CERATEC do? by Trav @ 20 minutes 18 seconds ago

Quote:Motor Protect is the preferred additive for those who do not want a solid lubricant in the oil. Obviously there must have been concerns voiced about solid lubes or they wouldn't be saying this. In that case why not just use this, which is als
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Lubricant Education-Literally by spasm3 @ 20 minutes 23 seconds ago

He might want to think about the business end as well, he could aspire to own an independant shop. If so he would need the business skills as well as the mechanical skills.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 99 Malibu 2.4l long crank time to sometime start by Silverado12 @ 20 minutes 30 seconds ago

BTW my problem was the car wouldn't do anything for about 10-15 minutes if it was acting up. Turn the key and nothing would happen just like a dead battery.
Jump to new posts Re: 99 Malibu 2.4l long crank time to sometime start by Arctic388 @ 21 minutes 45 seconds ago

I plan to run this car until the wheels literally fall off. it serves it purpose well. I got a letter from GM saying the ignition was part of the recall a few weeks ago but never thought if the key wears down it would crnak and not start. does an
Jump to new posts Re: 99 Malibu 2.4l long crank time to sometime start by Silverado12 @ 22 minutes 12 seconds ago

I had an Impala that had the intermittent Passlock issue, and the dealer cleaned connections and did something to the computer and it worked fine until I traded it. Cost 100 bucks at dealer.
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Lubricant Education-Literally by John_Conrad @ 23 minutes 47 seconds ago

I have a young boy 15 years of age and a sophomore in High School. His ambition is currently in auto mechanics or motorcycle mechanics. Nothing wrong with this, I am glad that in this day and age of all the distractions that he is thinking of a fut
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Another exoneration from prison by Jarlaxle @ 24 minutes 44 seconds ago

Step one: remove prosecutors' and jugdes' immunity. If railroading someone means twenty years in solitary confinement, then maybe, just MAYBE some will wise up!
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Are there any benefits to using gas additives. by -SyN- @ 26 minutes 36 seconds ago

Thanks Badtlc: for that advice! I have read that before a few times in the Audi Forums. I think the key to that is to start doing it early in the engines life.. Because once this stuff gets hard it is like concrete. Key is I guess don't let it
Jump to new posts Re: 99 Malibu 2.4l long crank time to sometime start by Virtuoso @ 28 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Arctic388I'm pretty sure I have found problem. That $&*(%$=^*'"":=-+"'<<&$-< theft light When it is on it won't start. When it's off it fires right up. I never knew it had the worthless thef
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: sealed beam upgrade recommendations by wings&wheels @ 28 minutes 50 seconds ago

another + for the Hella true e-codes, not the Vision Plus which is or at least used to be a Hella light made to the US DoT standards. Cibie's are another alternative. I have both on similar vehicles (my LR's) and while I like the Cibie's low beam p
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple by barkingspider @ 28 minutes 54 seconds ago

The only way u will know what kind of oil goes into it vehicle is to diy oil change....or watch the dude pour the oil in.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by Jarlaxle @ 29 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: whipOriginally Posted By: Jarlaxle Rap is usually-dreadful poetry recited to a rhythm that is generally on the complexity level of a nursery rhyme. Just like country........ I'm sorry...when did you lose your hearing?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Leaking Transmission drain plug by Trav @ 32 minutes 14 seconds ago

The material doesn't matter it still needs a sealing ring of some sort. Buy a cheap drain pan for 5 bucks with hand cleaner and a roll of towels at AZ and drain the fluid in the new pan and right into an empty gallon ATF jug or gallon water jug that
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by Miller88 @ 35 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HokiefydOriginally Posted By: whipThe funny thing is rap and country are so similar. They both have simple lyrics about a supposed day in the life. Yet most diehard fans of each genre, dislike the other......... Probably becaus
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Ranger tires. by mcrn @ 37 minutes 3 seconds ago

I used to own a Ranger with that size on it as well. I put two sets of tires on that truck. I do not know if they still make them but I put on Firestone Indy 500s on there. They were cheap....lasted 50k miles.....never had to rebalance..and once I pu
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Ranger tires. by barkingspider @ 37 minutes 49 seconds ago

When I was looking at New tires for my s10, same stock tire size as the ranger was much more expensive and limited stock / brands. I went with the slightly wider tire for a while lot less. I chose kumho and they are fine for my driving style, 95% c
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Calamari by Pop_Rivit @ 38 minutes 52 seconds ago

It has to be done in so that it doesn't resemble onion rings with a fishy taste-heavy batter simply overwhelms the delicate flavor of the squid. My personal preference (fresh squid of course) is to use a combination of mantle and tentacles soaked in
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Filter Autopsy Question by Donald @ 39 minutes 29 seconds ago

Note - all serious BITOG members should have a $50 oil filter cutter from Summitt Racing.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: being a dealer tech by Trav @ 40 minutes 37 seconds ago

Despite my negative post on dealerships there are some that are really decent and you can make a lot of money. You have to be good, these guys are there to make a living just like you are and are competing for the same gravy. Expect to be there a yea
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap No Contract phone wanted... Sick of it. by Donald @ 40 minutes 50 seconds ago

Look at Consumer Cellular. They have top rated customer service. And use AT&T cell service. I have had them for a year and no issues. You buy what you need as far as minutes or text or data. No contract. They have several inexpensive phon
Jump to new posts Re: I want your opinion on 91 Subaru XT6 by Miller88 @ 46 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 3Aonezyzz, John- Spot on! Cleaning the MAF makes it so I can drive it WITHOUT the pennies! Lower, quieter idle, too. Thanks! Courrier- Thank you sir. I took a test earlier today for admission, did quite well. I promise I will n
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to get liquid out of aerosol can by leeharvey418 @ 52 minutes 8 seconds ago

Eh... maybe they've change to a different formulation, but it used to be fish oil based. No joke.
Jump to new posts Re: KIA and Honda 0 or 5/20 by tig1 @ 52 minutes 14 seconds ago

M1 0-20 in both engines.
Jump to new posts Re: Need oil for car with oil control ring issues by tig1 @ 53 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 147_GrainOriginally Posted By: 901MemphisMobil 1 0w40. +1 A quality synthetic like M1 will prevent ring coking in the first place. However in your place, I would use M1 at this point to begine the clean up process. of removing
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Has Audi's reliability improved? by Quattro Pete @ 54 minutes 22 seconds ago

Why hasnt he sold it yet?
Page 2 of 235 < 1 2 3 4 ... 234 235 >