Recent Topics
Changing Over from Toyota Pink to Toyota Red
by Gebo
03/04/15 06:39 AM
Can I use 5w20 oil in 2014 Honda Odyssey?
by Gerbils
03/04/15 04:03 AM
P1105 - Rough Idle, High Short-Term Fuel Trims
by The Critic
03/04/15 03:47 AM
IQ Massager
by Dyusik
03/04/15 02:31 AM
Conventional PSU fluid to synthetic caused leaks?
by berniedd
03/04/15 01:54 AM
Hydrogenating soy bean oil?
by hotwheels
03/04/15 01:41 AM
Lipstick on the pig: how to improve a cheap car?
by slowdime
03/04/15 01:33 AM
Ford F-750 Tonka Truck...
by mattwithcats
03/04/15 12:39 AM
Express work van dyno to synthetic recommendations
by tayto
03/04/15 12:17 AM
Need input on home made bypass system
by Wrenchturner
03/04/15 12:13 AM
phone plan to tether computer to?
by bmwjohn
03/03/15 11:47 PM
Pennzoil Euro AV
by CELICA_XX
03/03/15 11:18 PM
Newest Members
Abel, swax, fordkilla427, tragfield, mjl
53022 Registered Users
Who's Online
55 registered (akv, aquariuscsm, Al, 2010_FX4, Andrei, 7 invisible), 854 Guests and 245 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53022 Members
66 Forums
227507 Topics
3629274 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: P1105 - Rough Idle, High Short-Term Fuel Trims by simple_gifts @ 50 minutes 35 seconds ago

The car talk guys once said that far too many mechanics would chalk up a CEL to "something with the computer" forgetting that "the same problems one had on cars without computers occur on cars with computers"; This is often not ap
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Lipstick on the pig: how to improve a cheap car? by Pop_Rivit @ 55 minutes 19 seconds ago

It's a cheap car that you're planning to sell. Don't waste any time/effort/money trying to make it something that it's not-you'll never recoup your investment.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: New .338LM rounds loaded by demarpaint @ Today at 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: edhackettIt sounds like the shoulder is not being set back enough during resizing. Some guns don't take well to neck sizing only. If you are partial resizing, you may need to adjust the die down a bit to insure all the shoulders
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use 5w20 oil in 2014 Honda Odyssey? by Oil Changer @ Today at 05:22 AM

Not a chance. Stop the fear mongering. What could possibly happen? Who would go through the time and expense to prove anything? What's the worst that can happen? He won't get the advertised fuel economy rating? Good luck measuring that. It's a 20-gra
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Purple Ice by PhillipM @ Today at 05:19 AM

Steve - track tends to be high loads, yes, but not for long periods and at very high airspeeds - cooling is generally less of an issue for a car on tracks than it is for a roadcar unless highly modified - that V10 racer I showed you a while back woul
Jump to new posts Re: 82 Accord - stalls out once warm by eljefino @ Today at 05:13 AM

You can check for spark yourself with a spare spark plug, pull a wire, attach to spare plug, and angle it so you can see it through the crack between open hood and cowl. Watch through your windscreen, hunched down. If your choke is giving you issue
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use 5w20 oil in 2014 Honda Odyssey? by tireguy99 @ Today at 05:11 AM

It will be fine. However it could POSSIBLY cause warranty issues if something happened.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: phone plan to tether computer to? by eljefino @ Today at 05:09 AM

Who's his cable company? TWC has a $15/mo internet plan. Throw in a magicjack for phone. Whoever does cable (and DSL), get their official rate card, there are sometimes packages they don't advertise AT ALL that you have to ask for by name.
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Calcium, magnesium and TBN by weasley @ Today at 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: DanhI assume this is because when, for example, calcium interacts with hydrochloric acid it forms calcium chloride and the tests run by Blackstone and others still detect the calcium. In other words, the calcium is still present
Jump to new posts Re: Timing Belt Done with Pix by Lubener @ Today at 05:08 AM

Some shops do not have a problem using customer parts because they are off the hook when it comes to a warranty.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: frozen drain pipe in kitchen sink by eljefino @ Today at 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald I will avoid letting the frozen blocks of ice (from dogs water bucket) melt in the kitchen sink. But honsetly, who would have thought that would have caused an issue? No issues with the temp below zero, so I am sure its
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 92 integra trans fluid change by Lubener @ Today at 05:03 AM

Education has a high price.
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Need input on home made bypass system by Oil Changer @ Today at 05:00 AM

Welcome. Let me know when you're ready to discuss that quote. Good luck with your project. Originally Posted By: WrenchturnerI have been for a long time wanting to set up a duel bypass system for multiple reasons. Reduce wear, extend runs to increa
you might be amazed how much road noise you can get rid of by carpeting/dynomat-ing the undersides of the Hood, and trunk lid.
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use 5w20 oil in 2014 Honda Odyssey? by 6starprez @ Today at 04:58 AM

If it's Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus you have, the 5W-20 is slightly thinner than the 0W-20 according to the datasheet. You or anybody else won't notice the difference.
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use 5w20 oil in 2014 Honda Odyssey? by Oil Changer @ Today at 04:55 AM

It's a 20-grade, just use it. Nobody or nothing will know the difference. 5W is perfectly fine for your climate this time of year.
Jump to new posts Re: metallic drain plug= much lower wear? by Urshurak776 @ Today at 04:49 AM

I have a magnetic plug on my Kia. Long story short I needed to replace the original on my second oil change. The first oil change was done by the dealership. The Kia dealer paused filming of the latest Godzilla movie so Godzilla could tighten my o
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Which Pentofrost coolant to use for Audi? by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 04:47 AM

^^^ OMG. It is one thing to state an opinion, but perhaps a little reading might help? http://www.carid.com/articles/antifreeze-explained.html
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Nitrogen fill for $199 by Shannow @ Today at 04:41 AM

What I find funny about the whole debate is the permeability of tyre is related to the partial pressures of the gasses inside and outside. 30 psi (gauge) tyre, there's about 45 psi inside the tyre, and 15 outside. On air which means that there's (a
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: AT&T is dumb. School Me On WiMax. by tony1679 @ Today at 04:39 AM

^Yeah, I have told people in the past, "throttling" is pure bull. I worked third-party for AT&T testing their LTE towers. They definitely have the capacity to make anything happen when it comes to mobile data, including this new tv idea
Jump to new posts Re: Used car pre purchase inspection etiquette by eljefino @ Today at 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: slowdime What I'm really trying to avoid is ditching a known quantity in the Cavalier and ending up with something that needs a fair bit of work. But perhaps that's part of the game. In your ad, say "need truck; cash onl
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Pure Gasoline vs 10% Ethanol in newer vehicles by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 04:37 AM

^^^^Hello? Clean piston tops is not by itself indicative of much except tune. I have rebuilt many truck engines that had dirty pistons at 2-300k miles, never seemed to slow them down a bit. The topic of THIS thread is/was E10 vs. pure gas. Not E85.
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use 5w20 oil in 2014 Honda Odyssey? by Char Baby @ Today at 04:35 AM

Although I believe it is very safe, I also believe that you should stay with the recommended oil for warranty purposes. Maybe use the 5w20 in the warmer months only and stay with the 0w20 for the colder months.
Jump to new posts Re: air compressor surges when run off a generator? by eljefino @ Today at 04:34 AM

When your compressor motor is below speed it draws more current and above, the inverse. The governor of the generator is trying to fight this. If your generator has auto voltage control this tightens the demand on its governor as well. If you can
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use 5w20 oil in 2014 Honda Odyssey? by Urshurak776 @ Today at 04:33 AM

You should be just fine. Not a huge difference in mpg.
Page 2 of 284 < 1 2 3 4 ... 283 284 >