Recent Topics
many ACEA a5/b5 and a3/b4 only api SL
by shDK
11/24/14 06:23 AM
New Plugs are Powdery Black. w/PIC. Diagnosis?
by Turk
11/24/14 05:14 AM
Looking for new oil/oil filter combo..
by radtech91
11/23/14 11:13 PM
Best atf for volvo 4t65ev/gt
by pjc360
11/23/14 10:43 PM
A New Cert mark for ILSAC GF-6B?
by wemay
11/23/14 10:24 PM
APPLES
by JHZR2
11/23/14 09:42 PM
where is the best deal on Dexron VI ?
by LScowboy
11/23/14 09:33 PM
Engines designed around oil?
by Throt
11/23/14 09:30 PM
Battery sprung a leak!
by JHZR2
11/23/14 09:30 PM
DVR for TV
by Jimkobb
11/23/14 09:10 PM
Newbie question on power bleeders for brake
by volodymyr
11/23/14 06:54 PM
Tire size variations
by GerGa
11/23/14 05:04 PM
Newest Members
kinder, SamBruin7, splatt, Lars65inc, dothedrew1202
51984 Registered Users
Who's Online
55 registered (Bob5150, bigt61, berserkerx, Best F100, 05LGTLtd, 6 invisible), 776 Guests and 140 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51984 Members
66 Forums
222541 Topics
3522355 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Cadillac's new ATS V-Spec: Hi-Speed Orgasmotron by used_0il @ Today at 04:39 AM

I took a facebook poll. All 35 and under. Benz-C vs BMW-3 vs Audi-4 VS ATS Sedan. Results??? 100% Cadillac Colour: Black Diamond Tri-Coat Manual transmission Engine: 2.5 L4 As if I'll ever get to drive it. Oh well. I need a periscope to see over t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Engines designed around oil? by riggaz @ Today at 04:38 AM

Ok, so you can go thinner as long as you stay within the manufacturers oil supply pressure range?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best oil filter for GM 5.3 by SteveSRT8 @ Today at 04:36 AM

We raise and kill these engines a lot in our fleet. But they are hard to kill. And none of them (4.8,5.3,6.0/6.2) are hard on oil. Our plan that runs them to excess of 300k miles easily? Buy the cheapest syn on sale and follow the OLM. If you are
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new oil/oil filter combo.. by Lubener @ Today at 04:36 AM

I really doubt that any of those combinations will make any difference.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Just watched an old movie named _____ by GreeCguy @ Today at 04:27 AM

Doctor Zhivago
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new oil/oil filter combo.. by Oil Changer @ Today at 04:23 AM

What's wrong with what you are currently using? Why 5W and not 0W? Sticking to your list, I choose the M1 oil and filter. Deviating, I would use the M1 filter with either 0W-20 AFE or EP. especially Ohio this time of year.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: DVR for TV by eljefino @ Today at 04:10 AM

I use this, add your own USB drive of a size of your choice. Records off the air TV in the same digital perfection it comes in as. You can then "rip" it to your computer and edit it etc if so justified, or just play stuff back with the re
Jump to new posts Re: Engines designed around oil? by Shannow @ Today at 04:09 AM

Riggaz, the bearings will only draw from the pressurised galleries the oil that they need to replace side leakage. The artifact of this is increased gallery pressure (or oil pressure) as viscosity goes up. They largely self compensate, and thicker i
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Chrysler MS-11106 vs MB-229.51 the same spec? by chrisri @ Today at 04:04 AM

Weasley hi, How is possible for oil of 2.8 cP to meet minimum standard of 3.5 cP for C3 oils. Surely you meant 3.8 cP oil to meet both standards. But still there is need for fuel economy requirements of C2 oils that 3.5 cP cannot meet.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix by weasley @ Today at 03:59 AM

Lewis won the race in the first 20 metres. Sure, we'll never know if his car would have had problems if he'd had to push it harder to keep Rosberg behind him, but once he had launched he had it under control. It was the right result, but perhaps no
Jump to new posts Re: Chrysler MS-11106 vs MB-229.51 the same spec? by weasley @ Today at 03:57 AM

Because the HTHS requirements are minima. C2 requires 2.9 cP minimum whereas C3 requires 3.5 cP minimum. If you have an oil of, say, 2.8 cP then it meets both requirements.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Good video on Hit and Miss engines by Rick in PA @ Today at 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: spasm3I wonder how much fuel those use in a hour. I've seen an ice cream vendor using a hit and miss engine to drive an ice cream churn at fairs. They're very easy on fuel. I work with a guy who's very mechanical. Recently h
Jump to new posts Re: Engines designed around oil? by riggaz @ Today at 03:36 AM

Sorry, here's another one. Do you/is it possible to design wider cold start clearances to accommodate the thicken oil?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Carlson Hardware by Char Baby @ Today at 03:36 AM

I've purchased Carlson hardware for brakes/P-Brakes and they fit nicely. They are always a good price!
Jump to new posts Re: Best atf for volvo 4t65ev/gt by ls1mike @ Today at 03:27 AM

GM/Volvo Transmission Save your money. Due to what Volvo wanted it weakened the unit up as compared to the 4T65E/4T65EHD used in GM cars, and those are ok, but are not bullet proof either.
Jump to new posts Re: "best" fluid for '07 MDX rear differential by artbuc @ Today at 03:20 AM

SOriginally Posted By: GreasymechtechColor varies with batch, and optional as color means nothing. Smell is nose dependent. I find that they smell the same. Viscosity requires analysis. Parts are the same when Acura adds the "a" to the e
Jump to new posts Re: Engines designed around oil? by riggaz @ Today at 03:14 AM

So is it a bad idea to start going off piste with the oil viscosity that we use in our engines?
Jump to new posts Re: Best atf for volvo 4t65ev/gt by Chris B. @ Today at 02:52 AM

Don't buy it. You will be sorry. I went down this road and Volvos for the most part are maintenance nightmares and extremely expensive for parts and repairs. 2 out of 3 Volvos we owned were very unreliable and constantly broke down. The XC90 is one o
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: What are your favorite detailing products? by The Critic @ Today at 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: PeterGreenOMG, did first Optimum no-rinse wash of my car for the season. this is the most amazing product ever! car is gleaming. Two buckets and about 15 microfiber towels. unbelievable Don't use the 2-bucket method with ONR
Jump to new posts Re: where is the best deal on Dexron VI ? by LScowboy @ Today at 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: writes123I've used the above mentioned Havoline as well as Mag1 Dexron VI. The Mag1 is actually slighty cheaper per quart. Dosed it up with Lubegard Platinum in my LS430. Now if there is one area where I may know as much as an
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Do air filters have a shelf life? by HTSS_TR @ Today at 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madmanOriginally Posted By: HTSS_TRThe current 11 years old air filter in my 50k miles 2004 Honda S2000 is original, it's cone type and the filter media still looks good and I will not change it for another 4-5 years.
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie question on power bleeders for brake by volodymyr @ Today at 02:23 AM

Hello everyone, Thanks for all your replies. To answer your questions: The Mityvac did not run out of brake fluid. I put 2 liters and the problem started to happen when the bleeder had 1.9 l in the tank. I notice another thing when using the thing
Jump to new posts Re: where is the best deal on Dexron VI ? by LScowboy @ Today at 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: stang5http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M1Y3KZA...i=AC_SY200_QL40 Now THAT'S what I'm talkin 'bout! See this is the kind of post that makes this forum the best on the whole Internet! I love dealing with amazon, and I wanted a
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new oil/oil filter combo.. by 3800Series @ Today at 02:06 AM

Have you considered the Fram Ultra? It really is a excellent filter. Dual synthetic media with a wired mess backed for extra protection. Good for 15k miles and iv seen people post photos of them with 15k and they look excellent. I don't know about
Jump to new posts Re: Chrysler MS-11106 vs MB-229.51 the same spec? by chrisri @ Today at 02:02 AM

How can one oil meet both C2 and C3 requirements when we know difference in HTHS between them. What I'm missing here?
Page 2 of 245 < 1 2 3 4 ... 244 245 >