by 007
01/30/15 04:54 PM
Donaldson oil filters
by NormanBuntz
01/30/15 04:21 PM
Synerlec and warranty
by jk_636
01/30/15 03:18 PM
Where to buy Volvo S40 brake pads & rotors?
by Ed_Flecko
01/30/15 03:05 PM
Why different starters?
by GreeCguy
01/30/15 02:48 PM
Texas CHL holders
by aquariuscsm
01/30/15 02:31 PM
Chris King RingDrive substitute?
by nthach
01/30/15 12:08 PM
When to fill up?
by RamFan
01/30/15 11:46 AM
USPS tracking
by Dr_No
01/30/15 11:29 AM
2013 Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi OCI
by jeepman3071
01/30/15 10:50 AM
New to me 2008 Scion tC
by ThirdeYe
01/30/15 09:53 AM
Why Direct Injection Develop Carbon Deposits
by CELICA_XX
01/30/15 09:31 AM
Newest Members
diematrix5000, sarswimmer1, oldmustangs, CristianJulio, 2010Forte
52674 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (01rangerxl, 2oldtommy, 3800Series, 18B, 007, 147_Grain, 6 invisible), 1632 Guests and 154 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52674 Members
66 Forums
225781 Topics
3593406 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Need a new leaf blower by LX289 @ 20 minutes 2 seconds ago

Stihl and Echo are excellent brands of OPE. IIRC the Stihl has 2 piston rings and the Echo has 1. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. More Piston Rings = More compression= more power. I got a Ryobi from HD and it lasted me 3 years still running
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Synthetic vs regular oil mix by 007 @ 22 minutes 2 seconds ago

Can synthetic and conventional oil of the same brand and weight be mixed?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: napa gold = wix? by LX289 @ 23 minutes 36 seconds ago

Wow that's a lot for a filter. To answer your question Napa Gold does indeed =Wix The Napa Platinum is Wix's XP filter. Wix is a good filter BTW IMHO.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why Direct Injection Develop Carbon Deposits by Silk @ 24 minutes 14 seconds ago

Intake deposits are very common on modern common rail small diesels. They have EGR and throttle bodies, a thick jelly like goop forms, I've seen intakes reduced by 50%.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Am I out of touch? by 01rangerxl @ 25 minutes 22 seconds ago

I would say the prices you were quoted are both fair and typical. It varies by market of course, but even down here, $85 an hour is a dirt cheap labor rate. I haven't seen a labor rate below $90 an hour in years. As for the parts cost, I would alw
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix Filter Shelf Life- Answer from Wix by LX289 @ 26 minutes 9 seconds ago

If the ADBV is silicon it shouldn't dry out. Maybe the rubber gasket might who knows....
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by tig1 @ 29 minutes 22 seconds ago

My grandsons 2002 Toyota Camry V6 with a 10K OCI and 194K. Out: M1 5-30 In: M1 5-30. NAPA filter.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The McJob...The New Normal. by jeepman3071 @ 29 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm I agree with what you said about unemployed students. I was listening to one of my favorite radio talk shows awhile back and he said he will not hire college grads who have never held a job before. If they joined so
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter by LX289 @ 29 minutes 47 seconds ago

I like ACDelcos. Good filters. I used to buy them at Walmart but they started to sell the ecores and i stopped but you still can find the non-ecores at Oreilly's or advance. The cage inside is nylon. You can tell the difference between the two by
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Techron Test: Bad Results... by LX289 @ 34 minutes 35 seconds ago

You might want to try the hot water/ steam trick to get rid of the carbon if the PEA doesn't work.
Jump to new posts Re: When to fill up? by anonobomber @ 36 minutes 7 seconds ago

I usually fill up when my car says I have 0-12 miles of gas left. My wife fills up when her car starts flashing '--- miles left'. Never had any problems.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why Direct Injection Develop Carbon Deposits by KrisZ @ 36 minutes 42 seconds ago

Light duty diesels do have carbon deposit problems. Why do we not hear about them? Light duty diesel engines have something like 3% market penetration.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: G.E. 60w Light Bulbs .37 Cents ea ..Staples by djb @ 37 minutes 5 seconds ago

I'm invested heavily in LED, and have quite a few CFL lamps. But there are many areas where incandescent lamps are the only choice. Attics are one. A bare bulb in a ceramic fixture can live decades swinging from 150F during summer days to well bel
Jump to new posts Re: Am I out of touch? by Wolf359 @ 40 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hattaresguyAt a dealer its a bit over a grand repair, and my local Mercedes dealer gets $125 an hour, GM is $105. The Mercedes dealer I went to also had a free breakfast/lunch counter when getting service did yours? It makes up
Jump to new posts Re: change synthetic oil or not by LX289 @ 42 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisIf the manufacturer specifies 100 hours go by that. Plenty of people put tons of hours on the FF and let it run til it dies some 5+ years usually. I don't see any reason to dump good oil. +1 Do what the manufa
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Texas CHL holders by Al @ 43 minutes 35 seconds ago

Yea..for PA. Go into the county sheriff's ofice and walk out with your new permit.
Jump to new posts Re: Synerlec and warranty by 901Memphis @ 45 minutes 49 seconds ago

Yes also I edited my original post to confirm it's NOT warranty compliant, I had a typo where you quoted it as "now warranty compliant" Here is an older VOA showing how the sulferized ester looks. http://www.pqiamerica.com/November%202
Jump to new posts Re: Drilling hole in front strut mount bigger. by suspiciousmind @ 46 minutes 19 seconds ago

Some mounts have D shaped holes for a shock with a flat on the shaft. Likely that's what you're dealing with. Drill the flat out but, you'll have to hold the shaft somehow to tighten the nut.
Jump to new posts Re: Snowblower Specific 5W-30 Oil at Menards by LX289 @ 46 minutes 22 seconds ago

Special snowblower oil especially at a grade of 5w-30? You might as well go and get a regular bottle of 5w-30 but at that price it isn't to bad. I wouldn't run it but that is just me. Maybe go for GC which might be the best oil for snowblowers. I
Jump to new posts Re: Synerlec and warranty by mclasser @ 47 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisSynerlec is good stuff but it's high additive content of sulfur puts it way out of API limits. It's actually an amazing oil but now warranty compliant. I think synerlec is anything is the closest thing to unicorn te
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, I failed to properly maintain my snowblower by LX289 @ 50 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitThose little carbs aren't very complicated. Just take it off, clean it right, and put it back on. Maybe an hours worth of work. What he said. Carb cleaner is cheap clean it out. I would put some sort of cleaner in
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Gun grease by Al @ 50 minutes 10 seconds ago

Exxon Unirex N 2 is flat out the best all around grease on the planet. Its water proof. Synthetic grease means nothing as the lubricant is not intended to run forever, allthough Unirex is a grease for life product in electric motors. We used the
Jump to new posts Re: Synerlec and warranty by 901Memphis @ 52 minutes 24 seconds ago

Synerlec is good stuff but it's high additive content of sulfur puts it way out of API limits. It's actually an amazing oil but NOT warranty compliant. They also contain higher levels of anti wear additives of ZDDP outside current API limits, p
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: humidifier water inlet solenoid valve adjustment? by Papa Bear @ 53 minutes 7 seconds ago

It looks like you have hard water supplying the valve. Probably crusted up and sticking inside.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hog Rings by dlundblad @ 53 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: UncleS2To the post of Kruse above, I can only say *Amen*! Coyotes killing hogs? Well- Maybe the odd piglet here & there, but anything other than that is strictly fantasy-land. Wild hogs are dangerous, destructive, and an
Page 2 of 300 < 1 2 3 4 ... 299 300 >