07/03/15 11:20 PM
Delcotron 10DN alternator....highes
t factory amps?

by Robenstein
07/03/15 11:20 PM
Finish Kare 1000P High Temp Past Wax
by 007
07/03/15 10:25 PM
Oil / Filter combo for upcoming oil changes.....
by gregk24
07/03/15 10:00 PM
Sludge? Pulled a valve cover to check.
by Snoman002
07/03/15 09:45 PM
I need parts.
by asand1
07/03/15 09:35 PM
1999 Honda Accord Starter Motor
by Sheryl
07/03/15 09:10 PM
Mos2 After break-in?
by spasm3
07/03/15 09:07 PM
WM and CT store-brand 5W-40's...weird to see.
by addyguy
07/03/15 08:31 PM
Newest Members
David_Wolfe, nikhil, hemi392, Trapperr, pewceo
54572 Registered Users
Who's Online
17 registered (cb_13, Merkava_4, earlyre, BISCUT, HappyLittlePony, 1 invisible), 458 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54572 Members
66 Forums
233798 Topics
3755377 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 Quaker State defy now API SN too! by Garak @ Today at 03:11 AM

And whatever seal conditioner they have will be well within ILSAC standards, anyway. Just because oil companies advertise seal conditioners in HM formulations doesn't mean they're not in non-HM offerings. They certainly are. In any case, the old F
European and Import Motor Oils
I wouldn't be surprised that they'd be more careful about what they claim in Europe, since the ACEA specs are more important there. In any case, these two products you mention may be the same. There are some pretty big errors in various data sheets
Computers
Originally Posted By: asand1 Looks like you already have abetter card, alough this one is AGP 4X, while yours is 1X?? ATI Radeon X1300 Pro is 8X AGP
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: ATF Change 2003 Toyota Sienna 3.0 by user52165 @ Today at 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: TravThe older Japanese cars like a little thicker ATF, Amsoil ATF (not ATF light) works very well in these. This is a perfect candidate for a line off exchange. Drain the pan, change the filter and replace the amount that came o
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oil catch can by wtd @ Today at 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: dailydriverOriginally Posted By: wtdOriginally Posted By: BowNisParVery clean setup, thanks for sharing. Why did you change brands? Well, catch cans have become an interest of mine ever since I bought my Mustang almost two ye
Oil Industry and Related News
Are you going to go under the water with a submarine and plug up all the places where oil is seeping into the Gulf of Mexico?? That said, I do feel that BP should have paid serious damages to the coastal communities affected by the New Horizon spill
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: E15 coming soon? by bbhero @ Today at 01:45 AM

Making excuses for a division of oversight that clearly did not do their due diligence to see if this would be truly practicable in the real world. For the record this happens at both ends of the spectrum.
Jump to new posts Re: Everyone having LED lights now? by Jetronic @ Today at 01:32 AM

also, a failed led running light often means the whole headlight assembly needs replacing...
Jump to new posts Re: Factory Fill Magic Elixir? by The_Captain @ Today at 01:29 AM

Well did my first oil change on my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I had a 2012 model with the Pentastar. That engine was very easy on oil. I ran Pennzoil Ultra for all but the last 3 oil changes on that engine. The last 3 were Kendall synthetic 5w-30. Th
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a good European oil for my Honda by chrisri @ Today at 01:23 AM

I've never seen Shell or any oil producer to claim obsolete ACEA spec over here. However I did saw PPE claim A3/B4-10, and even made a post about it if this oil is really the same as Shell Ultra since it doesn't meet the same spec.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendations for my BMW 335is running E85 by TXCarGeek @ Today at 01:22 AM

Why not try one of Redline's offerings as well? They carry the BMW LL-01 spec as well.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: A Sensible Question for Gun Owners by JHZR2 @ Today at 01:11 AM

What does this have to do with firearm cleaning, lubrication or maintenance? All it's doing is inflaming.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Greece collaspes. by chrisri @ Today at 01:11 AM

I wouldn't say German or any other nation in the EU are against this community. At least not the people who work for a living. Older and less informed sure. I'm in a transportation business for years, and there's no way to tell how easier is to work
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Shift by Shannow @ Today at 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: turtlevetteI'm really getting sick of the racist old man stuff on car forums. I don't remember it being so bad before 2008. Yeah, that post about the Germans was pretty rank, and your xenophobia for "[censored]" c
Jump to new posts Re: CR Reveals the "Thirsty Thirty" Oil Burners by Benito @ Today at 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOn a car with a 10,000 mile change interval, a quart between changes is insignificant. Also, CR posits: Quote:Consumer Reports believes that any engine that burns oil between changes should be repaired under the power
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Drew99GT @ Today at 12:59 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Electro-magnetic pulse by Shannow @ Today at 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: turtlevetteOriginally Posted By: GarakYou do realize the EMP is actually more effective when done at a significant altitude, as in orbital altitudes, do you not? You sure as heck wouldn't get your head taken off, but any semi-m
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Greece collaspes. by Johnny2Bad @ Today at 12:58 AM

The Greek Crisis will resolve itself once both sides figure out the downside of brinkmanship. Greece cannot survive with it's current 50% Youth Unemployment rate ; history teaches us, with perfect consistency, that male under-30 unemployment above 2
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Replica Wheels for Honda Civic? by daves87rs @ Today at 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: 2010CivicThere are never any 2009-2011 civic EX wheels on craigslist in my area(twin cities). I have been looking almost everyday for a year. Does any one have first hand experience with replica wheels? Not just what they hear
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Full face helmet headsets by CT8 @ Today at 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: FastGamePeople I ride with and my wife have the Sena SMH10R and it works well. I don't want anything because when the wife is on back I don't want to hear her and the other hens yacking..... http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 Quaker State defy now API SN too! by 3311 @ Today at 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: GarakOriginally Posted By: addyguyI do not understand this. Me neither. This is nonsensical. SJ and SL are obsolete. Shell doesn't have to market this as an API approved oil of any sort. It doesn't need an API Donut, and it
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should new cars burn oil? C-R report by TXCarGeek @ Today at 12:39 AM

I have an '08 550i...if you're burning oil with the N62 engine, it is time for new valve stem seals which is a common failure point on these engines if they have over 100,000 miles. As for the N63, twin turbo V8...that thing has other problems asid
Jump to new posts Re: CR Reveals the "Thirsty Thirty" Oil Burners by TXCarGeek @ Today at 12:37 AM

I have a 550i BMW...if you're burning oil with the N62 engine, it is time for new valve stem seals which is a common failure point on these engines if they have over 100,000 miles. As for the N63, twin turbo V8...that thing has other problems asid
Hydraulic Fluids
Jump to new posts Re: difference 46 ISO versus 68 ISO by Shannow @ Today at 12:37 AM

Tom, the viscosity of the 46 is 46cst at 40C, the viscosity of the 68 is 68cst at 40C. at 100C, they are 6.5 and 8.5cst respectively. If it's purely a hydraulic application, I don't think it will matter that much.
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Mos2 After break-in? by 285south @ Today at 12:31 AM

Agreed with at 10k miles. From what I read and saw, is that Honda Genuine motor oil has a big dose of it, Redline has high levels of moly.
Page 2 of 269 < 1 2 3 4 ... 268 269 >