by tig1
08/20/14 08:21 AM
Need an insightful answer on axle nut torq/bearing
by windeye
08/20/14 08:04 AM
Trans work
by SteveSRT8
08/20/14 05:23 AM
Eneos 5W-20 VOA with TBN (JX Nippon Oil & Energy)
by wildfrisco
08/20/14 04:29 AM
Kohler Command Pro PA-CH440
by jetmech1
08/20/14 02:48 AM
1994 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.0 V8
by lukejo
08/20/14 12:27 AM
Fill in the Blanks- Two Words
by MolaKule
08/19/14 11:21 PM
Newest Members
Bulletbling, s20525xxx, zpinch, Khubert10, nlsimps
51022 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (ARCOgraphite, actionstan, 2004tdigls, ARB1977, 1foxracing, 3 invisible), 1874 Guests and 213 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51022 Members
64 Forums
218041 Topics
3436774 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Beretta moves manufacturing to TN by strat81 @ 16 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: lawman1909Yes, it is the individual's responsibility, but LE is there to protect and serve. I.E. stopping crime, being a deterent, and investigating criminal acts. LE has no duty to stop or deter crime. That is a settled le
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: I have a new tire buying strategy by Jarlaxle @ 16 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: stephen9666Originally Posted By: y_p_w $50 each for Falken Sincera SN-828. I actually bought two and was planning on getting another two when the current tires are no longer suitable (they're getting there and it's pretty near
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New high VI Product - Service Pro 0W20 by Ken2 @ 17 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dparmWarren Oil Co. Thanks. This Warren Unilube of West Memphis, Arkansas, is completely different from Warren Distributing of Omaha, Nebraska, blender of Mag 1, Supertech, etc. Anyway, there is much more to an oil than a coup
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Ariens single stange snowthrower. by JTK @ 19 minutes 28 seconds ago

Thanks for the input so far! I just noticed I spelled "stage" wrong in my thread title. Ugh.. This is just an spare machine for me. My main snowblower is an older Yardman(MTD) 7hp, 24" 2-stage. I wanted something light and port
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a car with rust by javacontour @ 19 minutes 57 seconds ago

Unless you are flying first class, you can fly almost anywhere in the continental US for $500 or under. Second, you fly out on a Friday night or early Saturday. You have the remainder of the weekend to fly. You could take Friday and/or Monday of
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a car with rust by rshaw125 @ 20 minutes 58 seconds ago

Take your wife/girlfriend and make a nice vaca out of it. Plenty of rust free examples here in NC. I imagine it would be worth even more up North.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: The one benefit I see with push button start by FocusTi @ 22 minutes 25 seconds ago

To address the 'train station' scenario, Ford has installed an irritating, yet dummy-proofing measure on the Focus in an attempt to prevent people from driving away without a key. If anyone gets out of my car while it's running (any door...even the
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan Sentra by eljefino @ 23 minutes 3 seconds ago

Is the "big" Sentra engine the one that blasts itself to death with pre-cat dust, circa 2003?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: I hate brakes.... by A_Harman @ 23 minutes 18 seconds ago

robertcope could be right. It may be that pad material has been deposited on the rotors in a couple of localized spots where the rotor has come to a stop with the brakes still pressurized. The edges of the pads will tear off and leave lines of mate
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a car with rust by IndyIan @ 23 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eljefinoFind a miata specific board and search it for rust pictures. This will give you a better feel for what to look for. And yes bring jack stands and crawl around underneath-- it's such a low car you'll miss a lot just loo
Jump to new posts Re: I hate brakes.... by tinmanSC @ 24 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: strat81It could be lousy rotors. Try NAPA Premium or Ultra Premium. My mechanic recommends these and refuses to install the super-cheap rotors that everyone seems to have these days. Or Wagner premium rotors, or Centri
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan Sentra by supton @ 25 minutes 4 seconds ago

I'd be worried about buying a used Civic, they seem to get beat on. Also IMO our 2001 Civic was a junker. I guess its issues weren't so bad, but it just didn't seem that great to me (endless ac problems, complete exhaust system, no ABS, etc). But
Jump to new posts Re: I hate brakes.... by actionstan @ 25 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: robertcopeIt's actually relatively rare that rotors warp. Most of the time it is pad buildup that does it. Pads often need to be bedded to the rotors. There are specific instructions on how to do it that come with the pads. It i
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan Sentra by Drew99GT @ 27 minutes 46 seconds ago

They're not as well built.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: re thinking job field by Win @ 28 minutes 33 seconds ago

Are you still in Arkansas? The claim form to open a claim is A-8. Workers Compensation is your exclusive remedy against the employer. The statute of limitation is two years. Your medical expenses for the cut will be paid. No compensation is paid
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a car with rust by WishIhadatruck @ 29 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonOriginally Posted By: rshaw125Why bother? Buy a rust free example and go pick it up. Make a vacation out of it. I saw one for $2900 on ebay. Florida car.1996 I think. I wondered about that, but figured I'd lose at least
Jump to new posts Re: I hate brakes.... by supton @ 29 minutes 41 seconds ago

My 2000 Saturn SL was the only one to suffer warped rotors. Every 20k I'd feel it, and put it off until 25k or so when I couldn't stand it. Same driving habits as other vehicles. Actually, on my Jetta I had a set of replacement rotors warp in shor
Jump to new posts Re: I hate brakes.... by mcrn @ 30 minutes 15 seconds ago

Most likely a pad problem. Ceramic is not the best for performance and generally smoothness. http://www.bestbrakes.com/c/faq#warp
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investors....come in please! by Schmoe @ 30 minutes 23 seconds ago

wonder how the feds will sway the markets today...
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New high VI Product - Service Pro 0W20 by A_Harman @ 32 minutes 39 seconds ago

179 VI is very good, but it's borderline for what I consider to be "high" in this era. An oil doesn't get to be exceptional (VI-wise) until VI approaches 200. It's still far behind TGMO at 220+, and considering you can get TGMO at any Toy
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a car with rust by ThirdeYe @ 33 minutes 10 seconds ago

I wouldn't buy another car with rust on it unless I get it for dirt cheap. I've learned my lesson with my Acura.
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a car with rust by WishIhadatruck @ 33 minutes 13 seconds ago

I'm with rshaw125, why buy a rusty car when the internet makes it so much easier to buy at a distance? There is less opportunity for inspection, but with Carfax you can be fairly certain where the car spent its time. Find one that has lived (not ju
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got me a safety razor by grampi @ 34 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: strat81Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniacWhipping up the soap is fun too unless I'm pressed for time. Still working on getting a good lather, though. Conditioner is a fast alternative to shave soap. I've never tried con
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Wild Arizona Dust Storms by L_Sludger @ 34 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251We got another close to 30 minute shower again tonight. I do not know what is happening but this is nice! Some weather stations reported .25 of a inch. Which is quite a bit around here. thats what she said!
Jump to new posts Re: PS for 2004 GM product by strat81 @ 34 minutes 51 seconds ago

I used Lubegard PSF in my 2004 Buick Rainier. Helped quiet the system down a bit and slightly reduced steering effort. I procured it from Amazon.
Page 2 of 229 < 1 2 3 4 ... 228 229 >