by otis24
Today at 09:06 AM
5.7 Hemi Ram 1500
by Rojack
Today at 08:56 AM
Experiences with all seasons
by wings&wheels
Today at 08:51 AM
Changing cartridge oil filter - 2011 T&C.
by mrsilv04
Today at 08:44 AM
How can I look up what transmission a specific car
by 7055
Today at 07:58 AM
A boy,his flag,and a uniform.
by CourierDriver
Today at 07:14 AM
painting steel rims..
by dblshock
Today at 07:14 AM
Newest Members
rsamerica, DaveSC95, Justin251, Rojack, LordHumongous
54061 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (a2gtinut, AlaskaMike, Al, 2010_FX4, 10 invisible), 1821 Guests and 109 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54061 Members
66 Forums
231711 Topics
3713698 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: costco gas? by engineer20 @ 42 minutes 18 seconds ago

I saw quart jugs if sae 30 but not gallon So costco additives are similar to shell? How about Bp? And how is SAMs club gas? It's not top tier and is cheap as we'll but is it bad like Meijer gas or Kroger gas which I've tried and I noticed my car ra
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Update: Mobil1 HM reducing consumption by Miller88 @ 43 minutes 28 seconds ago

Or plugging the Cat ...
Jump to new posts Re: 5.7 Hemi Ram 1500 by cptbarkey @ 43 minutes 30 seconds ago

the hemi is legendary. plenty of examples have exceeded 200k. if you have a late model with mds it requires 5w20. if not anything 5w30 will be fine.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing cartridge oil filter - 2011 T&C. by 440Magnum @ 44 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04OK, new thing for me. Just bought a Town and Country with the cartridge oil filter, which is located towards the back on the passenger side of the engine... tucked underneath the air intake hose. When I take the cap of
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Experiences with all seasons by bourne @ 45 minutes 46 seconds ago

GY Eagle F1 Asym All Season
Jump to new posts Re: 5.7 Hemi Ram 1500 by SteveSRT8 @ 46 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Chris142Typical Dodge truck. The body falls apart around the engine Haha! That was a funny one. In more than 40 years of fleet management and repairs as well as a few personal cars here and there I have run pickups and vans f
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 in a spec 5w20 by sds911 @ 47 minutes 15 seconds ago

Is it not also true that the 5w30 generally have more ZDDP compared to 5w20 or 0w20 for typical brands like m1, castrol, penzoil plat, etc. So it may not just be the weight but the add packs. I'll still run 0w20, since my UOA results are good, but
Jump to new posts Re: 5.7 Hemi Ram 1500 by 440Magnum @ 47 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: horse123I'll let someone else answer the oil question since my opinion is use whatever the heck you want and it'll work fine. Reliability of the engine itself is great, you more have to worry about that Chrysler transmission. I
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: SeaFoam $1.83 On Clearance at Home Depot by Brybo86 @ 54 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SpartanfoolLocal HD has (had!) remaining stock of SeaFoam on clearance for $1.83. Grand Rapids, MI UPC or store SKU please, thanks
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Cobalt vs Cruze? by JTK @ 57 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dishdude... the truck opening could have been a little bigger, and I wasn't a fan of the center armrest. Agree on the trunk opening. My 2007 LS model was so basic, it didn't even have a center armrest/console. I unloaded my
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Cobalt vs Cruze? by supton @ 58 minutes 37 seconds ago

Still unsure on this tensioner thing--from what i've read (on this site too) is that in 2009 they stopped revising the tensioner. It may well be that the chain is ok, and the guides are ok, if the tensioner is replaced early enough, though. Still n
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: HomeDepot 5% off by Wolf359 @ 58 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Brybo86Originally Posted By: Wolf359Originally Posted By: Brybo86You have to ask for it? .... That is gangster Another reason why I should go to lowes other than lowes prices being generally about 15-25% cheaper for the same ex
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 2 weeks of Sirius/XM started yesterday by bdcardinal @ 59 minutes 8 seconds ago

I love having Sirius. I have it in my car and I have the Travel Link with internet radio. I use it at work for background noise. The pricing does suck and I have had pitched battles on the phone with the customer service people before. My favori
Jump to new posts Re: Changing cartridge oil filter - 2011 T&C. by racer12306 @ Today at 11:35 AM

Agreed with JTK. Not much drips, but some will unless you are fast, then sometime the haste causes a drip. But it won't just flow after the vacuum has been released. And just remote the air hose, it's too cramped in there with it installed. I use
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: rust on a 6 month old Nissan by KrisZ @ Today at 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: OlasFerrous metal oxidises in the presence of air and water. If you keep that metal separated from air and/or water with primer, paint, clear, and underseal then it *cant* rust. The Scirocco lives outside 24/7, gets washed we
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A boy,his flag,and a uniform. by Pop_Rivit @ Today at 11:32 AM

It's nice to see that a few folks understand the sacrifice that was made by that generation. Life in this country would be very, very different if not for the lives we sacrificed in World War II.
Jump to new posts Re: Update: Mobil1 HM reducing consumption by Tegger @ Today at 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: BigCahunaWhere do you think the oil is going if it's not being burned or leaking?.,, If it's not leaking, it's burning. You just can't see the smoke because it's converted by the cat.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Cobalt vs Cruze? by dishdude @ Today at 11:30 AM

I had an '05, I liked it. For a compact I thought it rode well, it was quiet inside and had a good amount of power. I liked the simplicity of the powertrain, the only belt driven accessories are the alternator and AC compressor and everything is easy
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Cobalt vs Cruze? by Danno @ Today at 11:28 AM

We have a 2008 Auto G5 (Cobalt), manual windows, door locks in the home fleet. Assigned to the middle son. Mainly city driven, gets 9 Liters/100 km or 26 MPG US fuel economy. Had some trouble with a steering column ignition module, and had the ignit
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dog dragging rear legs... by Benzadmiral @ Today at 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: joegreenMy cat was doing that one night and i got really scared because he is 20yo. Anyway turned out he ate something bad and had to go to the bathroom. Seriously take your dog to the vet asap. The same symptom cropped up on
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 in a spec 5w20 by Smokescreen @ Today at 11:27 AM

I did it with my Corolla which is specd for 0/5w20 in North America. I simply followed the wide variety of usable oil weights from the World owners manual and not the altered North American users manual. So in a way I did, but I didn't. A little dig
Jump to new posts Re: How can I look up what transmission a specific car by bdcardinal @ Today at 11:27 AM

PM me your VIN and I can tell you.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hundreds march at McDonald's HQ over low wages by tenderloin @ Today at 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: opus1There's a ridiculous sense of entitlement going on and it's not limited to the burger-flippers. I have two friends in particular, one a music educator, the other working at the VA, and they're constantly whining about mon
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Camaro... ew by d00df00d @ Today at 11:26 AM

Exactly.
Jump to new posts Re: Bad experience with Koyorad radiator by asiancivicmaniac @ Today at 11:26 AM

Have a Koyo in my Maxima (I'm guessing it's the same part number as your I35) for almost 2.5 years. It has worked fine. It was probably one of the least expensive ones I could find, so even if it doesn't last ten years and 100k miles like the OE one,
Page 2 of 258 < 1 2 3 4 ... 257 258 >