09/15/14 07:42 PM
ariat boots no longer fit right
by ram_man
09/15/14 07:37 PM
Newest Members
dougout, CDot, mazarnelli, poiyt, VAzx6R
51314 Registered Users
Who's Online
56 registered (Bandito440, 01_celica_gt, ag_ghost, abycat, anndel, 4 invisible), 1019 Guests and 210 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51314 Members
64 Forums
219292 Topics
3460417 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car Key Copies by michaelluscher @ Today at 10:53 PM

Wow. I've seen that machine in the Rotunda catalog Nice.... But big $$$ And they'll want there ROI, which cue the $$ minimum for keys. .....yet you can't order a $38 crate of tissues
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella 15w40 diesel oil in volvo penta gas engine by DoubleWasp @ Today at 10:51 PM

Been using it in all of our gas and diesel marine vehicles. No problems, engines run great. Couldn't think of a better oil for engines that run at high rpm all day long. Also use it in most of the private vehicles, all of the muscle cars, all of the
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella T6 in Rotax 4-tec Supercharged by oct6454 @ Today at 10:50 PM

I'm sure you can run it just fine. That being said I've owned the SC ski's for years now and always run motorcycle oil either dino or synthetic. In the PWC community most swear by motorcycle specific oils in everything from stock to highly modified
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: ariat boots no longer fit right by cb_13 @ Today at 10:50 PM

I wore Justin boots for a long time. The handcrafted in USA lacers with J-max comfort system. Had one pair last me 7 years (had resoled once) and another lasted 2 years of work duty before getting a crack in the sole. I still wear the second pair, ju
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: House electrical question/help by tomcat27 @ Today at 10:50 PM

do you already have the electric stove? My cottage had a 60 amp service with all electric appliances. the house I grew up in had electric stove, central A/C, and 100 amp service. sure, you SHOULD put in a 200 amp service - but you can probably
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: ariat boots no longer fit right by Vern_in_IL @ Today at 10:43 PM

Maybe they changed or reworked the Last? Red Wing's are very consistent. USA assembled, and I have never had a boot that was in my size that didn't fit. I would rather have boots made in Mexico (Justin) than China, just one persons perspective on i
Oil Filters
You know why some people like to use oversize filters. It has been discussed ad nauseum in the past.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Virgin TG8A cut open by jk_636 @ Today at 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: KCJeepEven orange cans with gigantic pleat spacing at the seam don't tend to tear because IMO Fram's media is stronger. It's ugly, but it works. The Tough Guard media is stronger still. Not thinking this filter would have tor
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: I Think Mobil Messed Up by dave1251 @ Today at 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: motts Then why doesn't Mobil give Super HM the same guarantee as synthetics? Because Mobil HM is not a synthetic. It is a synthetic blend. Below is an email conversation I had a couple weeks back with an XOM CSR. Mobil Super
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Virgin TG8A cut open by KCJeep @ Today at 10:36 PM

Even orange cans with gigantic pleat spacing at the seam don't tend to tear because IMO Fram's media is stronger. It's ugly, but it works. The Tough Guard media is stronger still. Not thinking this filter would have torn but we'll never know for s
Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: jk_636OP I totally understand you wanting an oversize filter, and could even see some benefits in it as well. Can you describe these benefit? Again, it's his car so he can do what he wants. But when folks start making claims
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 05 Ford Explorer gear oil question by jk_636 @ Today at 10:34 PM

LugNutz FWIW I always add FM whether the product says it contains it or not. In this case, too much is better than none at all. If you have tried several gear oils and the noise remains, this is starting to sound like less of a fluid problem and mo
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Cummins vs Powerstroke vs Duramax by 1 FMF @ Today at 10:30 PM

it was the 6.4 that had bad rocker arm design, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hioVGEIegTQ
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Does Pleat Count Matter? by jk_636 @ Today at 10:30 PM

OP unless you go to an aftermarket air intake system, the typical air filter brands you see at the auto parts store (Fram, Purolator, Wix, Hastings etc.) are all going to filter about the same. There really is very little difference as long as it is
Jump to new posts Re: 05 Ford Explorer gear oil question by RedOakRanch @ Today at 10:28 PM

I swore my 04 had gear issues too after reading all the symptoms on line. When I finally took it to a shop a year later 3 of 4 wheel bearings were toast and the rear end was perfect. The IRS bearings sound just like bad gears when they go out.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts C.A.R. Products Bullet Proof Paint Coating - Pics by The Critic @ Today at 10:27 PM

I wanted to share some pictures for two products that I recently started using for entry-level details. In this example, the owner had requested a basic exterior detail; he was mainly interested in a clean-up and protection. I advised him that for
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Does Pleat Count Matter? by Eddie @ Today at 10:26 PM

I believe it is the total number of media square inches that is important and not the number of pleats. In fact, fewer pleats together with more sq in would be best. Ed
Oil Filters
OP I totally understand you wanting an oversize filter, and could even see some benefits in it as well. Don't let them give you a hard time. We have all wanted to go bigger in the past! But that vehicle is pretty close to the ground. Have you eve
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator's new song! by ZeeOSix @ Today at 10:23 PM

Sorry, your arguments just don't compute ... and never will. Let's agree to disagree, which we OBVIOUSLY do. I think a lot of readers really don't buy into your "arguments" based on some comments I've seen from others. You can just keep o
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Fram Tough Guard TG3593A by jk_636 @ Today at 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttrangerOriginally Posted By: GitoI own a 91 Honda Civic Si Hatchback with 488,000 miles, same engine. IS that a typo?? I was wondering the same thing! If it isn't he must have been using tuf oil
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Does Pleat Count Matter? by dkryan @ Today at 10:21 PM

01_celica_gt: I change the air and cabin filter every year. I bought this car in October of 2013 so I'm one month early.
Jump to new posts Re: ATF Cooler Hose Broke by jk_636 @ Today at 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: jmb106JK thanks again. Anytime. I know how frustrating it can be trying to do long distance diagnostics/repairs over the phone. If you ever need any helpful Houston info just let me know!
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: List of Purolator failures by ZeeOSix @ Today at 10:19 PM

^^^ I think you need to comprehend a little better (actually a lot better) than you have been - LOL. Of course I know the data in Stu_Rock's Excel spreadsheet is all the date from THIS forum. Re-read what I wrote a few times until you get the messa
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Durability Test - Reload 2014 and Bulletproof by The Critic @ Today at 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Im not sure if its a valid test because all the horizontal surfaces have the same product. IME horizontal surfaces lose protection sooner than vertical ones. Of course they do. But this is the best I can do - I obviously
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator's new song! by jk_636 @ Today at 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: jk_636Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixReports of failures will slow down here because the majority of the guys who have used and cut open Purolators in the past are now buying something else. There wo
Page 2 of 239 < 1 2 3 4 ... 238 239 >