04/16/14 10:41 PM
anxiety in public places
by motor_oil_madman
04/16/14 10:10 PM
Newest Members
navynuke, AndrewX, UncleLee, dwreefs, turbomond
49598 Registered Users
Who's Online
69 registered (1foxracing, bds1984, BigCahuna, AHC, bama7x57, 901Memphis, 7 invisible), 1181 Guests and 219 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49598 Members
64 Forums
211990 Topics
3322463 Posts

Max Online: 2551 @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Porsche 911 owner by sparky123 @ 33 minutes 52 seconds ago

IMO, he needs to be paid MORE than what he paid for his vehicle considering his time and aggreviation. (Not to mention, the vehicle is unsafe to drive and posses a danger to himself & others on the road.) They (Porsche/VW) are crazy allowing this
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Porsche 911 owner by aquariuscsm @ 34 minutes 54 seconds ago

He should get 100% of his money back. They made and sold him a total pos.
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Porsche 911 owner by Trav @ 37 minutes 49 seconds ago

They should give him a 911 Turbo plus some cash or free whatever for his trouble. Unacceptable from any manufacturer but Porsche should be ashamed of passing a piece of trash like this through QC then saddling someone with it. Someone needs to loose
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by beanoil @ 41 minutes 32 seconds ago

I had Lasik about 12 years ago. I did opt for having one eye "tuned" for distance and one for reading. It was odd for the first couple of months until I got used to it, but would not change a thing. YMMV, but I had zero issues after surgery
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by chad8 @ 43 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138Just be aware that: 1.- this is a "cosmetic" procedure, if you are comfortable with how you look, I would recommend you to skip the surgery. 2.- After the surgery, the first thing to go to the dumpster is y
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Best rider in $2000 range by sciphi @ 53 minutes 57 seconds ago

Buy what makes you happy, and what your wife will use. Mine will have an easier time using what I bought since it has little things like a gas gauge and an easy to fill gas tank. The competition in that price range wasn't as easy to use.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: As If Nitrogen Filling Is Special? by Charlie1935 @ Today at 06:37 AM

Just tell them you want 78% nitrogen and see what they say.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: anxiety in public places by GreeCguy @ Today at 06:35 AM

A lot of good wisdom and advice here already - but if I could add my two cents worth - what makes you nervous in public? Rather than masking the problem with distractions, (television, ipod, etc.), embrace it, explore it. Do you feel this way becaus
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Porsche 911 owner by Silverado12 @ Today at 06:35 AM

Originally Posted By: rjundiEVERY single car maker and every single model has a small percentage of bad apples. Just the way it goes. Unfortunate for the owners but at least a slight risk only in new car buying. This guy deserves nothing from Porsch
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by Shannow @ Today at 06:31 AM

Pop_Rivit, I'm personally amazed that you would resort to a "crutch" rather than good health with regard to something as important as your sight...
Jump to new posts Re: Splash De-Bug Windshield Washer Fluid? by Garak @ Today at 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: eljefinoWhy don't they put the bug solvent in the winter mix? Sometimes they do. Up here at least, there are a few varieties of premium all season washer fluids, designed with plenty of bug solvent for the summer and -45 C prot
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by Pop_Rivit @ Today at 06:25 AM

I had lasik done about 7 or 8 years ago after being extremely nearsighted my entire life. I had worn glasses since I was in third grade. My only regret is that I didn't have it done sooner. I still have 20/20 vision completely unaided. It's such
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Remove air filter for better MPG? by Dogan @ Today at 06:24 AM

there is misunderstanding... my mpg is really low, around 20mpg i will kiss my engine if i hit 25mpg for fuel injection engines difference might me minimal but carburated engines ? ECU know less air, less fuel Carburator spray same amount of gas
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Porsche 911 owner by Hounds @ Today at 06:24 AM

This video has been up for several weeks on rennlist.com -- see http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/99...new-video.html. On that board, I think it's fair to say that Nick Murray's videos (he has several) have been well received by many who own new
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: More important, ASTM testing or VOA's by Shannow @ Today at 06:22 AM

ASTM (and ACEA) would utilise elemental analysis and TBN, particle count etc. if they proved more reliable than tests.... would save them a fortune would save oil makers a fortune and there would be no need for "meets or exceeds" in any ma
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: UPDATE: Pirelli Cint P7 A/S + by javacontour @ Today at 06:21 AM

Had them installed yesterday. No real drama. Too soon to tell as I've only driven them about 50 miles. The ride is softer than the outgoing Conti DWS 195-50-16 tires. Some of that is the likely the slightly higher aspect ratio. Quieter too, but
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Goodyear Eagle LS-2 by CapriRacer @ Today at 06:19 AM

I was just going to let this thread slide on down, but then ...... Originally Posted By: Papa BearOriginally Posted By: earlyre generally the OE units are more cheaply made. (built to a contracted price point) I would love to hear Capri's response
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: CourierDriverOriginally Posted By: ARCOgraphitewhat is vinal? lol,,,maybe a spelling issue,,,PS.I did not to Canada. Indeed! Vinyl
Jump to new posts Re: More important, ASTM testing or VOA's by wemay @ Today at 06:17 AM

Hey guy's, I'm referring more so about VOA, not UOA which are considerably more important in my estimation.
Jump to new posts Re: Used Honda Odyssey problem years? by rjundi @ Today at 06:16 AM

I peeeked at consumer reports. They show poor transmission reliability back in 2004 only but report no earlier. Overall it shows it to be a average in used car reliability which seems to be friends experience. Nothing awful but they have tidbits her
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: General AltiMax RT43 by Char Baby @ Today at 06:12 AM

Originally Posted By: FastGameHad the RT43's installed today on my 2005 Caravan. Put 100 mi. on them and they ride nice. I hope that the RT43's don't turn into the Kumho Solus KR-21's in terms of... ...great out of the box but wearout by 35-40 K
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: As If Nitrogen Filling Is Special? by troberts @ Today at 06:12 AM

That was my conclusion after evaluating the cost of equipment to produce it in a shop and the pricing for customers. Yes, pure (hard to produce)nitrogen creeps through tire bladders at a slower rate than plain old air, it is dry and potentially reduc
Jump to new posts Re: More important, ASTM testing or VOA's by fdcg27 @ Today at 06:08 AM

The product data sheets provide performance information you can't get from any oil analysis, things like low temperature performance and HTHS. UOAs provide data on how an oil holds up in service, which allows a user some guidance as to how long a giv
Jump to new posts Re: Splash De-Bug Windshield Washer Fluid? by eljefino @ Today at 06:07 AM

Why don't they put the bug solvent in the winter mix? Seems like they do it in the blue water, only, so there's a "reason for being". I run water in May because of all the pollen.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: As If Nitrogen Filling Is Special? by eljefino @ Today at 06:06 AM

If they don't remove the wheels from the new vehicles, do they let the air out down to zero then refill with nitrogen? How is that good for the tire? I can see nitrogen being an easy step in the filling of replacement tires, but...
Page 2 of 273 < 1 2 3 4 ... 272 273 >