by OldEuroCarLover
Today at 05:17 PM
out with the subaru and in with a new Fusion
by stygz
Today at 04:33 PM
Brand perception
by OldEuroCarLover
Today at 04:16 PM
Looking for a super economical car, accent ?
by sirgerman
Today at 04:00 PM
Newest Members
Safetyfirst, rwood, USARMOR, GV00, anhwp1
58942 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (anhwp1, b1amgm47, andyd, 69GTX, AIRJAC3, 2015_PSD, 8 invisible), 1505 Guests and 39 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58942 Members
66 Forums
253643 Topics
4163847 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Accord 2.4L 6MT - 11K OCI - M1 AFE OW-20 by oily boyd @ 29 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DannoIt would nice to get a TBN reading next UOA. Reason I didn't get TBN was because previous TBN'S were good at similar intervals with same oil. I posted to show that: - higher revving cars (mine is manual trans) do
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram PH3600 Orange Can Cut and Post by JC1 @ 29 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DerbyDaveI changed the oil on my 97 Ford Taurus Today at 4,553 miles. I typically go 5,000 between changes but we have a 1200 mile trip coming up so I wanted to get it done before we went. I'm sure you could have gone the e
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by OldEuroCarLover @ 29 minutes 50 seconds ago

In NJ we get inspected every 2 years. Emissions only via OBDII port. Pre-OBDII cars do not have to be inspected at all, and just have a little card that goes in the windshield stating that they're inspection exempt. Inspection is free if you do it
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by 69GTX @ 29 minutes 57 seconds ago

State of Connecticut has a $20 mandatory emissions test for all newer model cars. There might be an exemption for more than 20 yrs old. My emissions center plugs into the OBDII port and reads the codes, etc. He even checks under the car to make su
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a super economical car, accent ? by fdcg27 @ 30 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JimPghPAOriginally Posted By: sirgermanThe car I want is another Saturn SL but sadly the company is gone, here is the accent So go to autotrader on the internet and enter Saturn S series under 60K miles and see what comes
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by dishdude @ 32 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwerLet me get this straight... the state requires every vehicle to be inspected every year. People drive cars to your location for the sole purpose of an inspection, in which you look for potential problems. If you find a
Jump to new posts Re: VW 1.8tsi Total Quartz Ineo MC3 7,500 mile OCI by zeng @ 33 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JetronicI don't see thickening, but I do see less fuel dilution You could be right. IDK
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by ammolab @ 34 minutes 23 seconds ago

No State inspections in NM. Emission testing in Albuquerque area only.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by MrHorspwer @ 34 minutes 32 seconds ago

Let me get this straight... the state requires every vehicle to be inspected every year. People drive cars to your location for the sole purpose of an inspection, in which you look for potential problems. If you find a problem, you are also able to s
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Un-Screwing by buck91 @ 34 minutes 46 seconds ago

FWIW, I believe those import (jay eh pee is censored) bikes are using JIS fasteners- which are NOT the same as our philips and cross heads. Something about the angles. Anyways, if you are finding a lot of them rounding off, try locating the proper
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Causes of steering wheel shudder by DeafBrad @ 34 minutes 51 seconds ago

I read somewhere (I believe it was a post here) that if you slam on the brakes and then stop at a light with your foot on the brake you can warp them. So the trick is if you use the brake really hard do not hold the brakes while at a light.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by car51 @ 35 minutes 36 seconds ago

Jeepwj19: you're mistaken on window tint also http://www.tinting-laws.com/pennsylvania/
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Brand perception by OldEuroCarLover @ 35 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RhymingmechanicInteresting topic. Most people's perceptions about oil are probably influenced by a mix of marketing (advertisements and motorsports sponsorships) and tradition (my daddy always used Brand X, so that's what I use
Jump to new posts Re: 15K oil & filter by MobilinHyundia @ 36 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Branson304With your commute, I'd think you would be perfectly fine for 15K miles with the M1 EP. +1
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by car51 @ 39 minutes 9 seconds ago

Prices for inspection I have been told by a fellow mechanic will go up like 5-7% also. Brother was in accident where vehicle was totaled cause some 17 year old punk was textin and driving. Guess what; he got like 8 technicalities on car and paid th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by Danno @ 40 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxxOriginally Posted By: DannoWe have had speed limit laws for big rigs in Ontario for 5 years governed to 65 mph. Rigs slowed down for a few years, but are back at same speeds as before now. The law is unenforceable.
Jump to new posts Re: Brand perception by NO2 @ 43 minutes 4 seconds ago

It seems that the common thread is that first group is hard to find and/or expensive. The second group is widely available and the company brands are strong. The lowest tier is a mish mash. I'd put everything but store and no-name/unknown brands in
Jump to new posts Re: Brand perception by OldEuroCarLover @ 43 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fdcg27Just noticed a huge brain gas event in the part of my post that you bolded. I wrote "quart" when I meant "jug." Too late for me to edit it. I didn't even notice that. I just knew what you meant.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by car51 @ 43 minutes 23 seconds ago

Eljefino: do they make you take a hands on test or online test? Jeepwj19: yep, any motorized vehicle inspector has to take this test. Unless: u have had your license before January 3, 1982 and not changed vehicle class types you inspect. You get a
Jump to new posts Re: MS5K vs Super Tech by 69GTX @ 43 minutes 28 seconds ago

Mobil Super 5K is a heavier sodium oil with no moly/boron....like Valvoline and some of the specialty oil companies like Schaeffer, Brad Penn, Royal Purple, Lucas,...and also Peak, ProLine, Traveler, Adv Auto, O'Reilly's, etc. I suspect ST would ha
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Accord 2.4L 6MT - 11K OCI - M1 AFE OW-20 by Danno @ 44 minutes 3 seconds ago

It would nice to get a TBN reading next UOA.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car inspection in your state? by jcwit @ 44 minutes 31 seconds ago

No inspection or emission testing here in Indiana, and our state is in excellent shape money wise.
Jump to new posts Re: Brand perception by fdcg27 @ 45 minutes 22 seconds ago

Just noticed a huge brain gas event in the part of my post that you bolded. I wrote "quart" when I meant "jug." Too late for me to edit it.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram PH3600 Orange Can Cut and Post by JeepWJ19 @ 45 minutes 55 seconds ago

Fram is the GOAT Thanks for the C&P!
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Multigrade Oils in Mowers by 2cool @ 47 minutes 18 seconds ago

I have posted at least 20 times extolling the virtue of 15W-40 for my Craftsman riding mower with a B&S Intek single Cylinder. Never had an issue, and it's been 8 years on the 15W-40. I don't want to stock different oils if I can avoid it, so the
Page 2 of 228 < 1 2 3 4 ... 227 228 >