07/25/14 06:35 PM
This Will Make For An Interesting Gun Rights Case
by ryansride2017
07/25/14 05:56 PM
Newest Members
MechanicsHelper, ka6uup, jmrico, drdburch, shadizzle2
50764 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (2010_FX4, 901Memphis, abycat, AITG, 97tbird, 123Saab, 10 invisible), 1664 Guests and 242 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50764 Members
64 Forums
216795 Topics
3412567 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts High Pb with 5w-40 by sdan27 @ 21 minutes 19 seconds ago

I've done a few oil analysis with a 7.3L powerstroke engine I swapped into my 94 F250. Before I put the engine in I installed new bearings. The first four analysis were with Schaeffer 5w-40 and then I did two with Service Pro 15w-40 and then I did
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Honda 2.4 inverted mounted engine..... by gregk24 @ 23 minutes 28 seconds ago

I know in my 7th generation Accord, the engine (K24) is mounted "backward" from the usual layout. I have wondered, why did Honda choose to do this? Do other car companies do this, and what benefit is there, if any? Also, is the engine truel
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Falex Siezure Load of Base Oils by Stelth @ 25 minutes 23 seconds ago

The mineral oil failed at 748 psi, and the PAO failed at 1892.44 psi.
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Falex Siezure Load of Base Oils by JHZR2 @ 25 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2If I entered the numbers right, 1892 psi +/- calibration and measurement error. And zero points for reading comprehension
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: This Will Make For An Interesting Gun Rights Case by morris @ 26 minutes 34 seconds ago

i would give him an award. and if i was him i would post a burglar death count on the out side of me house. like the old WW2 war air planes.
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Powersports 5w50? by KD0AXS @ 27 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ccdhowellOriginally Posted By: simplisticGive t-6 5w40 from rotella some thought. It's rated for wet clutches and reasonably priced. I run this in my durmax and yahama atv. If it can hold up to a diesel engine then a atv would b
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Honda MM logic vs. BITOG logic by klt1986 @ 28 minutes 47 seconds ago

Been following the MM on my wife's CR-V since new. I get to 15% on the MM around 9,500-10,000 miles. I change the oil within 3 or 4 days of getting to 15%. The car has had a change of PP 5w-20, M1 EP, and I'm currently running 0W-20 Castrol Edge.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: BMW ATF Lifetime by KenO @ 29 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SLO_TownOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteWhoa! That's quite a list of mods! Nice. BTW, yes, it was Pentosin MTF-2 that I used, not MTF-1. I also used RP Synchromax in the past - didn't really notice much difference between
Jump to new posts Re: Recalls & more recalls. Cars are now too complex! by dave1251 @ 32 minutes 42 seconds ago

The best comments are the ones that state new cars are not built to last. How is that when the average American is owning their cars longer than ever before?
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by MolaKule @ 33 minutes 19 seconds ago

Quote:This case was in a Federal Court in Nowhere, North Carolina - not exactly the hot-bed of consumer liberalism. Just because it was a Federal judge doesn't mean he likes the FTC. Now Zarch-supporter is impuning the people of NC because he can't
Jump to new posts Re: Dodge Hellcat acceleration times released by JHZR2 @ 33 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SmokescreenI would still take the C7 Stingray over this cat any day of the week. There is something to be said about a real back seat and trunk though!
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung 840 Pro SSD in... by 97tbird @ 35 minutes 36 seconds ago

BTW I also noticed that from a cold start it takes longer for wifi to connect - it gives me the red X and says no networks available, and then idles with a yellow exclamation mark for a bit and THEN connects - this did not happen before the SSD insta
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Falex Siezure Load of Base Oils by gfh77665 @ 36 minutes 42 seconds ago

Mineral oil failed at 748 psi and PAO failed at 1892.44 psi.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Texas Heat by JHZR2 @ 36 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HardbodyLoyalistOriginally Posted By: GumbyJarvis PS. We still won the Revolutionary War, and the war of 1812, and back to back world war champs. You might want to read up on the War of 1812. Aye, didn't the US have to give
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Nissan Rogue Pennzoil Platinum w/ PP 5w-30 by Merkava_4 @ 37 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisBecause the color of the oil actually means something? It doesn't! That depends on whether it's your oil or my oil.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Trying Rotella in JD Kawasaki by mrsilv04 @ 40 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wsar10maybe for a brand new engine...... How can 15/40 be to heavy for this engine ? It is too heavy for cold starts in colder temperatures.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by dave1251 @ 40 minutes 20 seconds ago

This is something to be proud of?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: BMW ATF Lifetime by SLO_Town @ 42 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteWhoa! That's quite a list of mods! Nice. BTW, yes, it was Pentosin MTF-2 that I used, not MTF-1. I also used RP Synchromax in the past - didn't really notice much difference between the two. Quattro Pete: J
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: List of Purolator failures by Provi @ 42 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04Originally Posted By: ProviSo I wrote Purolator on Facebook and they responded...... So... what really happened is that you reached the intern that they pay $10 a hour to monitor their "social media outlets"
Jump to new posts Re: Motul 5W30 8100 X-Clean / 13' WRX / 4,958 Mi by thescreensavers @ 45 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bluesubieNice report, thanks for posting. The Subaru oil even stayed in grade, and it looks like there was some fuel dilution. What Stage I tune are you running? Fuel looks good. -Dennis This wasnt Subaru oil, it was Motul.
Jump to new posts Re: Dodge Hellcat acceleration times released by 901Memphis @ 46 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: route66mikeHellcat engine in a Viper please, watch the Germans run for cover Hellcat engine in a Dakota!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: This Will Make For An Interesting Gun Rights Case by JHZR2 @ 46 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CristobalHe ought to fight any charges tooth and nail, and let the public know how the Long Beach P.D. and D.A. are wasting the public's money going after an 80 year old man attacked by druggies in his own house. If I were him
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung 840 Pro SSD in... by 97tbird @ 48 minutes 14 seconds ago

I have disabled defrag uitility after installing the SSD, because i read that it's not needed for flash / SSD ? But the thing is the SSD is speedy as heck after booting... Let me make a video and upload here: Remember though, I still haven't enabl
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Nissan Rogue Pennzoil Platinum w/ PP 5w-30 by 901Memphis @ 48 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4I forgot to ask: How dark was the oil when you drained it ? Because the color of the oil actually means something? It doesn't!
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: List of Purolator failures by mrsilv04 @ 49 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ProviSo I wrote Purolator on Facebook and they responded...... So... what really happened is that you reached the intern that they pay $10 a hour to monitor their "social media outlets"... Did you really think tha
Page 2 of 278 < 1 2 3 4 ... 277 278 >