10/25/14 09:20 AM
2015 Mazda 6 oil filter
by BrianPA
10/25/14 08:31 AM
Newest Members
ChevyTwo, BrianPA, JeepCommander, hevslark, Hox
51688 Registered Users
Who's Online
70 registered (bdcardinal, Apollo14, 2cool, 2009Edge, BigD3800, 9 invisible), 1829 Guests and 199 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51688 Members
64 Forums
221190 Topics
3497166 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car Quest Merger Results by Jimzz @ 34 minutes 56 seconds ago

The CARQUEST near me still has better specialty tools, needed a triple square and they had it. But it does have loaner tools now and the signs on the windows for specials so they are a hybrid advance right now. I would not be surprised advance is t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do not drink now, wait... by andrewg @ 43 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andydFrom where I'm sitting typing this. I can reach down and pick up a jug of Carlo Rossi merlot. I'm working my way through this a half glass at a time to wash down my meds. I have found my 60s to be liberating. Realizing tha
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Took the Amsoil plunge today. by Clevy @ 43 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DucmanOriginally Posted By: ClevyOriginally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN Amsoil does nothing better that I can't get at Walmart for much cheaper with no shipping costs. IE Mobil-1 Extended Performance or Royal Purple. I change my
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY QUESTION by tomcat27 @ 46 minutes 42 seconds ago

It has 470 amps at 59 degrees... And it will be lower CCA at 32 degrees or zero degrees. Buy a new battery.
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY QUESTION by Curtis Newton @ 47 minutes 46 seconds ago

The last battery that failed on me gave no warning ... one time it started, the next time, nothing when I turned the key.
Computers
Jump to new posts Windows Scripting Tool? by sleddriver @ 49 minutes 6 seconds ago

Anyone use this? I thought I could use this to automate or at least shorten a series of 'clicks' I regularly do in FF to alter screen colors. I regularly find myself reversing the text and background colors. Most of the time it's white text on a b
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: DI oil bypass filter by Clevy @ 50 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 6starprezMy Subaru has a timing chain and the longest I've gone and will ever go is 6K on the oil. I don't do extended OCI's or bypass filters. Just routine oil changes and a synthetic or synthetic blend filter. Why ar
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Auto Parts Store Selling More Oil Filters Now.. by Whimsey @ 52 minutes 37 seconds ago

If you buy your filters at Walmart you better inspect them. That Fram Ultra box could well have the Orange Fram in it, or worse a used orange Fram . Whimsey
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 and Mobil Super MIR ending 10/31/14 by Nickdfresh @ 52 minutes 38 seconds ago

Any updates where anyone has actually received a rebate check, or confirmation it's on its way?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: DI oil bypass filter by Clevy @ 52 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Questremember this: mechanical filtration device (oil filters of all sorts) does not filter out fuel-dilution related oil contamination. Frequent, justifiable OCI will help reduce the harm associated with fuel dilution (in moto
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY QUESTION by Pop_Rivit @ 55 minutes 5 seconds ago

I would replace it. I prefer not to put my wife or myself in a position of being stranded because I tried to get another winter out of an already tired battery. Besides, a tired battery will work an alternator harder and has the potential to cause
Jump to new posts Re: Clean thick oil in throttle body?! by Clevy @ 55 minutes 32 seconds ago

Guys. His cars are fuel injected so it's not possible that anything added to the fuel is building up in the throttle body. I'm pretty sure it's the pcv valve sucking in vapourized oil and it's building up. Get a catch can. Problem solved. To clean
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tough older guy shoots home invaders. by spasm3 @ 56 minutes 44 seconds ago

Sounds like he practiced, coming out on the better end of a 3 on 1 gunfight in close quarters! I'd wander if he was ex military?
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change on oil burner by Nickdfresh @ 58 minutes 45 seconds ago

I would use a 10W-40 high mileage oil in winter, then maybe start using 15W-40 when it warms up and change it at least once a year with a good filter...
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 15/w50 in Ford 4.6 V8 12,706 Mile OCI by Clevy @ 59 minutes 54 seconds ago

No where have I ever said,written nor implied that any engine is built for a specific grade of oil. In fact if you've seen any of my posts you'd realize I'm a thicker is better guy at heart HOWEVER because I've owned/raced the exact same car you ha
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY QUESTION by Nick1994 @ Today at 12:55 PM

You have a 2006 car made in 2007? Your car is likely 8 or 9 years old. I'd change out the battery
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY QUESTION by AndyinAL @ Today at 12:55 PM

Replace it! You are on borrowed time already. A quality JCI made battery from Advance Auto Parts using an online discount code is probably only $75. It will last the next 7 years. Why gamble to save 3 cents a day? I sold automotive and commercial
Jump to new posts Re: Clean thick oil in throttle body?! by JustinH @ Today at 12:54 PM

So, on quite a few cars there is a coating from the factory on the inside of the throttle body. You need to use a proper throttle body cleaner that will not remove this coating. I know it was on a lot of fords, and I'm pretty sure my toyota has a s
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change on oil burner by JustinH @ Today at 12:52 PM

I have no idea why some people would not drain the oil once a year and change it. Oil is 12 dollars a jug, even if you have an oil burner drain it once a year and start again.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Brushes by Oro_O @ Today at 12:51 PM

Two thoughts: 1) Sure, you can grind down larger brushes. Wear a mask and goggles. 2) Try an electrical specialty shop. Last summer I needed to rebuild an alternator. $200 to get one locally, or $120 shipped and wait. There was NO internet supp
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY QUESTION by oilboy123 @ Today at 12:51 PM

I usually replace them if they reach that age. I would not want to be caught in one of your cold snaps with a bad battery in the boonies.
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts calcium sulfonate quiz by miro @ Today at 12:50 PM

What are the coefficient of friction and Load bearing ability of Calcium sulfonate? Few reference points 1. MOS2 COF<0,1 Load bearing ability up to 250,000 psi=1720MPa 2.WOS2 COF 0,03 Dynamic and 0.07 Static ;Load bearing ability up to 400,
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: what are you guys flipping? by JustinH @ Today at 12:49 PM

When I was younger, I used to go to the pick-a-part junkyard and pull stuff that has high value on ebay. My best pick was a set of headlights for a 97 lincoln mark viii. I paid like 45 dollars and ended up selling the set of lamps for 300. Also th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rental car for cheap in boston, MA mid May by JayhawkRoy @ Today at 12:49 PM

check against AAA or AARP discounts if you have them. Sometimes they can come in cheaper. The $26 per day is not bad, though. My wife got us a mini-van in California cheaper through Thrifty on line, for a November trip. Prices seem to vary a lot
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: does one need all 4 winter tires? by Traction @ Today at 12:49 PM

I won't drive in the winter without 4 winter tires. But, back in the day when everything was rear drive, you ran 2 snows in the rear or chains. Chains will always beat winter tires in deep snow. Deep snow will help you turn and stop. Ice is totally d
Page 2 of 255 < 1 2 3 4 ... 254 255 >