Yesterday at 07:05 PM
KC-135 turns 59
by tom slick
Yesterday at 06:59 PM
Newest Members
KJSmith, OnslaughtNZ, Zycat, BlueFordRedSchwi, Mario7
55217 Registered Users
Who's Online
37 registered (Boomer, afree, bigt61, billt460, 7 invisible), 525 Guests and 149 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55217 Members
66 Forums
236751 Topics
3815179 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4If you think 10W-30 is too thick in Arizona, pour some of that oil in a clear glass jar and take it outside. Shake the jar around a little bit. Does the oil slosh around freely? If the answer is yes, then that is the co
Jump to new posts Re: VIIs & differences in 5w20, 5w30 & 10w30 oils by Joe90_guy @ Today at 01:53 AM

You're right of course. Think the brain has started to atrophy since leaving work. In my (admittedly pathetic) defence, there WAS a time when the difference between CCS and MRV was 10C. The SAE in their infinite wisdom restricted the CCS limits (aro
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: Cams and Lubrication by Shannow @ Today at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: ExMachinaOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8I'm still waiting for Turtle boy to come along and correct you guys... Why wait for him when you can present your ridiculous views? would that be the "more like penetrating oil&quo
Jump to new posts Re: Serious oil burn and bad smell problem :( by Dogan @ Today at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: expatDoes it show blue smoke more under acceleration or when you back off on the throttle? Is it worse sometimes more than others? first start and reverse move, make little blue mist around backside of car. hard acceleratio
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by 02SE @ Today at 01:44 AM

Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Your favorite non-OEM halogen headlight bulb? by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueFordRedSchwiI recently purchased the NAPA Safetylite H11 low beams to replace my 9 year old OEM Phillips bulbs (one burned out finally). Wow, what a waste of money. I feel these are worse than the 9 year old OEM bulbs. They
Test Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Registered users by MrQuackers @ Today at 01:26 AM

Presently: 55217
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 2AZ-FE oil burn by si_jeff @ Today at 01:20 AM

Just bumping this thread when I searched. I maintain a 2008 scion XB that my sister drives. 2azfe eninge, It now has 120k miles, its been consuming oil, brought it to toyota for their tsb goodwill posted on most toyota forums, but this engine burns a
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Is this whats wrong with BMW? by camrydriver111 @ Today at 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: MCompactNone of my current BMWs have a warranty; I'm not terribly worried as they aren't anywhere near as complex as the Fxx cars. That said, what has turned me off BMW(after32 years of continuous ownership) is the shameless pan
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lug Nut TORQUE WEIRDNESS ! (kinda) by Scott_Tucker @ Today at 12:53 AM

Torque them once roughly to the factory spec and don't worry about it again. They're not going to break and they will probably outlast the engine as long as you use a little lube and don't cross-thread them. Then again, this is BITOG. Did you conf
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator is still listening- Engineering report by DoubleWasp @ Today at 12:53 AM

I see nothing to change my opinion that this is a company that sold a bad product at a premium price, and has been sluggish and incompetent at correcting these issues. When all is said and done, assuming they do anything, am I supposed to love this
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Shell V-power nitro plus by OVERKILL @ Today at 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: jk_636Wow that sucks. Why is fuel so expensive in Canada? No refineries in your country? Everything has to be imported or what? Taxes.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Your favorite non-OEM halogen headlight bulb? by 901Memphis @ Today at 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueFordRedSchwiI recently purchased the NAPA Safetylite H11 low beams to replace my 9 year old OEM Phillips bulbs (one burned out finally). Wow, what a waste of money. I feel these are worse than the 9 year old OEM bulbs. They
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator PSL-12222, 10.5k CUT OPEN by DoubleWasp @ Today at 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Bottom_FeederOriginally Posted By: DoubleWaspSurvived, but really ugly for a syn filter with only 10k miles. Would have thought PSL would hold up better. Please explain what you're seeing because I'm not seeing it. Originally
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Wheel covers for Suburban by ryanschillinger @ Today at 12:29 AM

I've seen people cut out plywood for covering tires. Like an upside down "U" shape. Don't know what keeps them in place.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Going to Detroit this weekend by Wolf359 @ Today at 12:29 AM

How about that TV show, Hardcore Pawn, I think it's American Jewelry and loan. Maybe you'll see some crazy person thrown out of the store or if you act crazy, you can also be thrown out of the store.
Jump to new posts Re: (Sensored!!) GM Dealership woes.... by CKN @ Today at 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxlOriginally Posted By: B20zOriginally Posted By: BurrWinder You own a 240K vehicle in a very bad rust belt state.. Lucky that it didn't fail sooner on the road. I guarantee you fixing brake lines on your car was not any
Jump to new posts Re: Is this whats wrong with BMW? by Wolf359 @ Today at 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TRHonda/Acura makes it simple, either certain models have HID(S2000, RL, TL ...) or Halogen(Accord, TSX ...) headlight. If Honda can include HID as standard equipment in a sub $40k car(s) then BMW, MB, Audi should have HID
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Can Renewable Energy meet baseload power by OVERKILL @ Today at 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: KuatoIt's not a question of can IMO, but if or perhaps when. The technology, ability and resources exist to power the entire world without polluting. If only people could discard their prejudice and hatred to work together.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: engine bearings: al_si vs tri metal vs coated by Scott_Tucker @ Today at 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: turtlevetteOriginally Posted By: DoubleWaspHow does the stroker wok out with the turbo system? Does the turbo become grossly undersized at that point, or does it continue to work well? Do you have the "turbo charge" i
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Troubling Oil Report by DoubleWasp @ Today at 12:14 AM

I'd re-sample.
Jump to new posts Re: VIIs & differences in 5w20, 5w30 & 10w30 oils by Shannow @ Today at 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Luisraul924So, a 10w30 only takes six seconds to reach normal operating viscosity when started at 9*f? That's relatively quick. If that isn't the case however, I would really like to know those numbers. No, it was how long it
Vehicles
16k is a bad price range. Its a lot for a used car and too low for a nice new midsize. I would either spend less or spend more for new. If you can get to 20k you can haggle a new midsize from most makes. If you really want leather i would go a bi
Originally Posted By: doitmyselfWell, you've been around here going on 10 years, so you should have a pretty good handle on what answers to expect, if you have been reading threads here during that time. The Patriot has on oil minder that will tel
Jump to new posts Re: (Sensored!!) GM Dealership woes.... by CKN @ Today at 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: TzuI'm relaxed and open minded now. People are so quick to pounce on me because I was finding it incredible coincidental that this just happened within 80 feet on the dealer's lot. I could have driven 1 mile away and the same co
Page 2 of 275 < 1 2 3 4 ... 274 275 >