by HWEaton
10/01/14 09:40 PM
New Nitto Terra Grappler G2
by HWEaton
10/01/14 09:33 PM
What is it with...
by Pop_Rivit
10/01/14 09:26 PM
How important are filtering efficiency specs?
by Noey
10/01/14 09:15 PM
WM: Tuff-Stuff cleaner $3/can (nt)
by sleddriver
10/01/14 08:15 PM
Napa Gold Or Wix Filters?
by crazyoildude
10/01/14 07:55 PM
Newest Members
rmp, PAssatGuy, mcn1970, KCChemist, bbuice
51461 Registered Users
Who's Online
31 registered (buck91, 05LGTLtd, Char Baby, Apollo14, bullwinkle, bourne, 4 invisible), 614 Guests and 146 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51461 Members
64 Forums
220106 Topics
3475902 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Apple releases important update by Garak @ Today at 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: MysticI am not trying to attack Linux operating systems or Unix or whatever. I am not as optimistic as you are. According to what I have been able to find out many servers still have not been updated to defend against that last
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday dave1251 by Garak @ Today at 03:22 AM

Happy birthday! Maybe this thread won't get locked.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is it with... by Garak @ Today at 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitIs having a thread locked or deleted some sort of bizarre, twisted badge of honor? Officially, it's known as trolling.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing more than two types of oil by 3800Series @ Today at 03:13 AM

Normally its safe
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing more than two types of oil by Clevy @ Today at 03:11 AM

Frankenbrews are no problem whatsoever. Don't pay any attention to anyone who even mentions that additive clash nonsense. Every used oil analysis I've seen done with a frankenbrew the oil held out just fine and metals were lower than average not th
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Tony Stewart - Grand Jury... no charges. by Garak @ Today at 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: bdcardinalIf this happened in F1 the driver would have had his Super License revoked in a heartbeat, assuming he wasn't killed. What was it, 3 or 4 seasons ago when Lewis Hamilton was a little more "candid" about his o
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Physics of Daytona by Garak @ Today at 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: MolaKuleSince the actual Us = 0.93 as tested, we will use 0.9 for an extra margin of safety. How do they test that for track use? Do they measure the deceleration directly? I know the coefficient of friction can be measured fa
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Got the Hi-Power by Finn @ Today at 03:02 AM

$4795,- I think I'll pass (out). http://www.heirloomprecision.com/index.php/gunsforsale-sghp1
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Syn Blend Or Yellow Bottle 5w30 ? by Garak @ Today at 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: zpinchThat is a specification, not actual oil. Amsoil signature series doesnt carry these approvals. They put money into the oil. That did not answer my question. Additionally, Amsoil does make certain approved lubricants.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: How important are filtering efficiency specs? by 01_celica_gt @ Today at 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisWhat the heck are you running 20w50 in? his high revving, triple turbo lawn mower.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Dodge 3500 Cummins oil weight by Garak @ Today at 02:49 AM

And it's price would actually be palatable to an American.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Is M1 0w40 superior to other Euro oils? by Garak @ Today at 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: ClevyMy napa has ultra in the new bottles ,right behind the ultra in the old bottles. Pretty dusty at 75 bucks a jug. Ouch, and they won't get cleaner unless they have a big sale again. I'll have to watch the NAPA specials. L
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: HOAT G-05 by 901Memphis @ Today at 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspOriginally Posted By: goingwest Thanks guys,I was just wondering if something had been found to do a better job then the HOAT G-05 as I don't see much talk about it on the Forum. I see talk about the OAT G-05 but not a
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: '96 Corolla 3 Quarts Low on Oil. by MDettling @ Today at 02:30 AM

Its the Nissan CA20E that loses the most oil. No visible leaks or smoke from tailpipe. Next day after purchase, dips*hit was bone dry. The 200SX hatchback was a fun car though. Wonder if it was the PCV?
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Looks like a SODIMM died by mattwithcats @ Today at 02:28 AM

My favorite place for memory is Data Memory Systems. Once you drill down to the page for your system, it will tell you the memory installed on the standard system, number of slots, and the max memory. Sometimes the max memory is more than the manuf
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Dodge 3500 Cummins oil weight by Bandito440 @ Today at 02:26 AM

If you find yourself across the border, there's a Canadian product called Delvac Elite 222 0w-30 that I'm sure would provide the cold weather performance you're looking for.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Secret Service screw up at White House 2011 by Apollo14 @ Today at 02:26 AM

A great article exploring the night and aftermath when a 21 year old hit the White House with 7 shots in 2011 and the Secret Service didn't notice. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/s...4804_story.html Quote:That command was the first of a str
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tightening Strut by Oro_O @ Today at 02:22 AM

A) as answered, wont' change alignment. B) should be about 50 lbs for the center bolt, 30/40lbs on the strut bolts (3?). Check them all. C) if it returns, consider the mount/bearings as the culprit. they do wear. Pure highway miles, they are good
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing more than two types of oil by 901Memphis @ Today at 02:10 AM

As long as you don't try to run an extended oil change you should be OK.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Door jamb and door jig for hinges by Clevy @ Today at 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: jmb106Lay out Hinges on doors top down, screw hinges on door edge, use utility knife to score around edge of hinge,route with striaght bit free hand clean up with chisel. Layout same dimensions on jab top down plus an 1/8".
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing more than two types of oil by Olas @ Today at 02:02 AM

Wont cause any harm, all API oils have to be able to mix with each other. It might not be as 'optimised' as using one oil throughout but it wont harm anything. Im currently using a mix of Redline, Millers NT, Gulf Racing, and M1 with a bottle of
Jump to new posts Mixing more than two types of oil by Zako2 @ Today at 01:55 AM

For the next oil change of Ford 500, I'd like to use various leftovers I have in the garage: Valvoline Nextgen 5W20: 4 quarts Valvoline SynPower 0W20: 1 quart G-Oil synthetic 5W30: 1 quart Also, Pennzoil Ultra 0W20: half quart... perhaps for toppin
Jump to new posts Re: Best synthetic oil for 240K mile truck? by Zako2 @ Today at 01:51 AM

My only concern with this truck would be regarding possible new leaks. I have seen older cars with a dry oil pan develop leaks once switched to synthetic. If this happens try going back to conventional or high mileage conventional.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: General Altimax Arctics by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:45 AM

If everyone would just use winter tires you wouldn't need studs. I wish I could afford a set but hopefully my new mastercraft avenger gts can cope this winter. Last winter made due with 3/32nds on front I think I'll be OK.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Free Web Root Antivirus by Noobie @ Today at 01:41 AM

I already own a license for an AV so i dont need it.
Page 2 of 262 < 1 2 3 4 ... 261 262 >