07/24/16 06:35 AM
killing weeds without poisoning well
by oilboy123
07/24/16 01:27 AM
Newest Members
Matt_P, tpragski, 182RG, BillHuang, jwilliamson185
58578 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (4WD, andyd, Al, AandPDan, alanwayne1908, aquariuscsm, 7 invisible), 2021 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58578 Members
66 Forums
252186 Topics
4135504 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil 10w-30 by Jetronic @ 30 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe I once had to pass a Sequence VIB fuel economy test on a 10W30 oil for a program I was running. To give yourself the maximum chance of passing the test, it's normal to drop the oil's CCS way below the spec maximum. Thi
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stability issue on 2015 F250 by Ramblejam @ 33 minutes 49 seconds ago

Irrelevant is discussing your experience with wobble on a GMT-800 when we're discussing a third-gen Super Duty. It's just as applicable as a Chevy Lumina. Nor am I here to provide you with challenging or stimulating conversation. This is a prime exa
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil 10w-30 by Jetronic @ 33 minutes 50 seconds ago

you could use an ester oil to dissolve the additives, if you want 100% synthetic.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start 5W-30 A3/B4 by volodymyr @ 35 minutes 3 seconds ago

pscholte, Originally Posted By: pscholteThe only thing i don't like about Magnatec is you can't leave any iron objects lying around the container So true.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: killing weeds without poisoning well by sleddriver @ 35 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiserGlyphosate is NOT safe...... These pesticides have helped us become more and more lazy, looking for a quick way. Good luck! Glyphosate is NOT a pesticide! Get your facts straight!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: killing weeds without poisoning well by SrDriver @ 36 minutes 27 seconds ago

Vinegar spray. Works for me.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Recycling by SrDriver @ 40 minutes 9 seconds ago

I guess it would depend on your local and state laws as far as disposal?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 ford expedition factory mercon v synthetic?? by merconvvv @ 40 minutes 10 seconds ago

I bought the expedition new so it did go 160k miles on factory fill. And it looked good too after 160k miles. Another way to state my question could be if there are any so called lifetime factory fills that are based on dino atf?
Jump to new posts Re: 04 silverado 1500 z71 5.3L recommendations by 4WD @ 42 minutes 37 seconds ago

Are you doing the work? If no drain plug - the B&M plug kits are easy to install . Find some copper crush washers (M14 maybe?) and toss the nylon seal. Then you can do what MoleKule said - flip the pan volume again once you have driven it a bit.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Recycling by NMBurb02 @ 44 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: car51Basically, don't put any oil filter in the trash please Yes, make friends with an indy mechanic who has a filter crusher so he can take of them for you. You can probably drop them off for recycling with your used oil
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: killing weeds without poisoning well by Warstud @ 44 minutes 49 seconds ago

If you have a Soft Water Tank...use the Salt Brine from it.
Jump to new posts Re: Question on 05 Nissan tranny w/120k by SatinSilver @ 45 minutes 58 seconds ago

Have the Nissan dealer do a simple drain and fill on it. If they think there's an issue doing that service then they won't go through with it. Plus your wife will be mad at them if it takes a dive shortly after which I doubt it will. The additives
Jump to new posts Re: Stability issue on 2015 F250 by cptbarkey @ 46 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RamblejamOriginally Posted By: cptbarkeyI have the exact same tires on my 2000 chevy 2500 fully inflated, when unloaded they do not cause any issues like OP describes. Stop parroting internet myths. Feel free to find a thread w
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 ford expedition factory mercon v synthetic?? by 69GTX @ 46 minutes 30 seconds ago

I changed the Mercon V factory fill in my 2002 Lincoln at 42K miles/8 years old. It wasn't the cleanest looking stuff. Just did the filter and another fluid change at 71K miles and the fluid was somewhat dirty and the filter quite dirty. I don't
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a high caliber semi auto rifle by Ws6 @ 48 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hattI'm sure it started because idiots were shooting deer with 40 grain varmint bullets and having poor results. Once these things get started they're hard to stop. It also happened with other high speed rounds. Weatherby roun
Jump to new posts Re: Buick 3800 - "Von Voyage" oil change? by andyd @ 48 minutes 35 seconds ago

Do the slimy used car seller trick. Fill it with Extend or STP. Thicker the better. It will work fine until the first frost. Explain this to your BIL before he departs. He won't remember conversation until it happens. Then tell him the 5w30 is
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: LM 7810 voltage stabilizer by Jetronic @ 53 minutes 36 seconds ago

that's what I did with the LM7812, use the car (bus in my case) as a heatsink
Jump to new posts Re: Stability issue on 2015 F250 by Ramblejam @ 55 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cptbarkeyI have the exact same tires on my 2000 chevy 2500 fully inflated, when unloaded they do not cause any issues like OP describes. Feel free to find a thread where your experience with a GMT-800 is applicable, because it
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a high caliber semi auto rifle by hatt @ 56 minutes 44 seconds ago

I'm sure it started because idiots were shooting deer with 40 grain varmint bullets and having poor results. Once these things get started they're hard to stop. It also happened with other high speed rounds. Weatherby rounds were known to wound gam
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Recycling by car51 @ 57 minutes 19 seconds ago

I take cartridge filters to my friends independent repair shop where he has a "filter crusher". Then they all(cartridge and spin on ones) go into his filter dumpster. Every 5 months OFR(oil filter recyclers out of Albion IL) come and empt
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: killing weeds without poisoning well by 4WD @ 58 minutes 25 seconds ago

Black rubber mats if you get good sunshine on them
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 AFE 0W-20 7,219 miles 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3 by CT8 @ 59 minutes 21 seconds ago

ND winters can be Brisk.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Helix Conventional / Semi-Synth Oils by Jetronic @ 59 minutes 35 seconds ago

I bought the oil next to it, the 0w-30 PAO based for 25 liters per jug. Meets the same specs (except Porsche as it's only for 40 weights I believe) and I bought 15 jugs of it at once, then collected there. Enough oil for thelife of the car, and I d
Jump to new posts Re: Oil made from natural gas? by andyd @ Today at 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: andydbeing made from NG isn't that synthetic oil by definition? And what is your definition of synthetic? not my definition, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_oil I guess the othe
Jump to new posts Re: Lighter or heavier o-20 oils by BrocLuno @ Today at 10:40 AM

Interesting, but in the OP's situation I'd run the Motul. The Danish market can seem small. Not everything is easy to get... I have used Motul products for high performance applications for many years, and they are very good oils. I never have a s
Page 2 of 245 < 1 2 3 4 ... 244 245 >