Yesterday at 08:45 PM
Kitchen floor grout question
by dja4260
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
Newest Members
ron17571, eajones, Baldur, xc_racer, walken100
51998 Registered Users
Who's Online
44 registered (AdRock, aa1986, BeerCan, bdcardinal, 4 invisible), 869 Guests and 170 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51998 Members
66 Forums
222617 Topics
3523946 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Marvel Mystery oil by volk06 @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: ron17571The red bottle that looks like snake oil. My dada showed me an article where they developed it in WW2 And?
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: ethanol by volk06 @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Ethanol is not a bad fuel. The problem is the US isn't set up to produce it or transport in the most efficient ways, just "cheap" ways. When properly designed, engines can make serious power on it. The problem is ethanol and gasoline are tw
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Marvel Mystery oil by ron17571 @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

The red bottle that looks like snake oil. My dad showed me an article where they developed it for radial airplane engines. The valves would stick when they tried to start them up. The valves would actually break.So this was the answer. I found tha
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: INTEL 730 Series SSD by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: RandOriginally Posted By: JHZR2Pictures arent loading... But bummer I missed that deal. Just bouht a samsung 840 evo 250GB to do a swap in my wife's MBP that has a 5400 RPM HDD... $119 OTD. just updated the thread the evo is
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: best 0w40 -5w40 diesel engine oil ?! by Clevy @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Napa has rotella t-6 in Canada. But if you've got an imperial oil dealer nearby check Devlac products. Top notch and well priced. Devlac elite 222 0w-30 is a fantastic alternative in your climate. And you can buy it in pails. They've got a 0w-40 to
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: how to change tire while driving by StrangeBrew @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Wow, removing the lugnuts with bare hands. Gotta hand it to them. And replacing the tire with the same tire, that doesn't seem practical to me, although I've known a few tire shops that would be happy to do it that way.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Japanese industry ethics slipping? by kozanoglu @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: cjcride2003 to 2009 Corollas and Matrix if I remember correctly have digital odometers that freeze at 299,999 km or mi. Toyota does not cover the pricy switch to replace the odometer. Saw this at a Toyota site online. Not read
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Battery sprung a leak! by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Heck, the battery I got was made 11/14. Doesn't mean that a topping charge is a bad idea...
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts ethanol by ron17571 @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

I was on a site reading about Thorium energy. And come across an article where the EPA really wanted much higher levels of ethanol in gas. Man the horror stories i have already heard about what damage ethanol has done. Let's hope it never comes to pa
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: how to change tire while driving by Boczech @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

What do they do for fun ? B
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Bypass filters. by ron17571 @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

From what I read here. Some think bypass filters are a waste of time. I guess if you drive a new car and trade it in every few years. The economy has people keeping cars longer. I see nothing wrong with trying to keep stuff out of the oil that wo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Girl buzzed by me in the Costco lot by oilboy123 @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

I hear you DriveHard about slapping the car. If I can slap a car zipping by it's too close. Hence the reason I snapped. In hind site I did not react appropriately. Those making snide comments possibly have not had such an encounter....... Try ridi
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 150K on the old Bey-Em-Vey today! by E365 @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

I bought my 1996 BMW 318ti in May 2004 at 97,000 miles. It's now at 244,000 miles. I love the car but I can't say it's been great in-terms of having its issues. They mostly are minor, and thankfully I do everything myself. . Things that have faile
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: INTEL 730 Series SSD by Rand @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ClutchDiscNot sure where you are seeing it for $177, but the 256 GB is on amazon for $122. Back when I bought my 128GB, it was about $109. The Ultra II is a very good deal, and I am sure that is a good SSD as well. Thats a
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: My two cents. by Boczech @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

to BITOG Tons of reading and so little time.... Enjoy and Have Fun B
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: how to change tire while driving by Michael_P @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: how to change tire while driving by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

They aren't going very fast. Still, they only show one instance where the car comes back down.
Jump to new posts Re: My two cents. by ron17571 @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Well, you all know what they say opinions are like. I like fresh oil in my vehicle. As clean as possible.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: how to change tire while driving by EdwardC @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

If you take a look on YouTube, there are tons of those videos. I was certain it was fake the first time I saw one, but after seeing more, I'm beginning to think its real. Pretty crazy stuff.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change wisdom on another forum by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4Originally Posted By: Nick1994Originally Posted By: FutureDocI have to bite my tongue. At an event, a shop we invite to do public vehicle safety checks recommends 3,000mi changes with syn-blend. My fleet is on a 7,500mi
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Know If Purolator Is Improving The Classic? by ZeeOSix @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SilverC6The only signal Purolator will provide will be an announcement in the marketplace of a new and improved Purolator Classic. This will signal to the folks that know about the "problem" that it has been addressed
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: How long do you keep your cars? by Doog @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

I have found that 200k on the clock is my optimal time to keep a car. I take pretty good care of them and at 200k seem to have avoided any major repairs while getting the best enjoyable life out of the vehicle.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Harley Davidson - Formula + by BigCahuna @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

You will lose the clunk if you loose the formula. Use any type of Gl-5 rated gear oil in the trans, and you'll be amazed how quiet it gets when you put it in gear.,,
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change wisdom on another forum by 2010_FX4 @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Originally Posted By: FutureDocI have to bite my tongue. At an event, a shop we invite to do public vehicle safety checks recommends 3,000mi changes with syn-blend. My fleet is on a 7,500mi schedule (on their oil no less
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: INTEL 730 Series SSD by ClutchDisc @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Not sure where you are seeing it for $177, but the 256 GB is on amazon for $122. Back when I bought my 128GB, it was about $109. The Ultra II is a very good deal, and I am sure that is a good SSD as well.
Page 2 of 245 < 1 2 3 4 ... 244 245 >