Recent Topics
Those with older model Taurus's
by camperbob
05/04/15 09:10 AM
Eight lug alums
by mjoekingz28
05/04/15 05:52 AM
ZDDP: What cars exactly need this kind of oil?
by wowthisexists
05/04/15 05:50 AM
TO-4 or not for only hydraulic ?
by miniac007
05/04/15 05:21 AM
deck lever hard to push and idler pulley not engag
by Coolbreeze
05/04/15 03:25 AM
08 camry 2.0 il4 ps fluid type?
by bernau
05/04/15 03:22 AM
What is WVO worth?
by tony1679
05/04/15 02:42 AM
Oil of choice for tractors?
by southernjeeper
05/04/15 02:15 AM
Mobil 1 M1-110 10k oci cut open
by Ewag2983
05/04/15 01:29 AM
NuFinish durability amazes me! Pictures!
by Chris B.
05/04/15 12:19 AM
40k mile OCI pics
by pitzel
05/03/15 11:40 PM
20 gal/year
by meborder
05/03/15 11:24 PM
Newest Members
Domin8tion, Deek, SkipJack, Cummins610, BlueJ
53842 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (4wheeldog, AlaskaMike, Atlantis, Astro14, 2009Edge, Bambam, 5 invisible), 1802 Guests and 206 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53842 Members
66 Forums
230757 Topics
3695106 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Estate Auction-2 blowers, 1 toolbox with tools by morepwr @ 33 minutes 46 seconds ago

Auctions like that are fun to go to. You never know what will be there and prices but you like you got some good deals!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 M1-110 10k oci cut open by dlundblad @ 35 minutes 3 seconds ago

Look at that bypass. Almost as if it's made by Champ or something.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Honda Accord LX noise level/frequency by Vikas @ 35 minutes 24 seconds ago

Are you allowed to drive with earplugs? Check your state laws before doing that.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: ZDDP: What cars exactly need this kind of oil? by camperbob @ 36 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OlasAnything that sees a high pressure sliding load will like zinc Bingo. Namely flat tappet lifter/camshaft. IMO the three most critical "zddp" areas of a pushrod style engine are on the cam lobe, fuel pump rod a
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Cracks in tires, should I replace? by ccap41 @ 36 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MaximusGluteusOriginally Posted By: ccap41They look just fine to me. I doubt anybody will do anything with a 4 year old tire. There is no reason for them to. Warranty is 6 years or 55k miles. If they're not bad enough to warr
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan 3.5 VQ burning oil by 123GO @ 37 minutes 19 seconds ago

You can run straight 50 race oil it will not matter. Its still going to burn it. Tried several grades on freinds Maxima. Once the rings wear enough it will begin fouling plugs and clogging converters. Since you must remove intake plenum to change pl
Jump to new posts Re: ZDDP: What cars exactly need this kind of oil? by 4wheeldog @ 39 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eljefinoI presume there's a faq on this somewhere. flat tappets (eg not roller lifters) and high valve spring pressures. eg, hot rods. Exactly......But for those who do not have gray in their beard, OHV (Over Head Valve.....
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: Polaris Synthetic Fluids? by totegoat @ 39 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mosespolarismanIm in the same boat as luck 13 so lets look at this. Oil Experts please give advice. Per Polaris spec sheet lets cross this vodoo oil in to auto parts off the shelf items. Engine oil Polais ( PS-4 Plus Prefor
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: nearly 21,000 miles on OEM filter by friendly_jacek @ 40 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BrotherMichiganOriginally Posted By: jsfalls21,000 miles on a hybrid vehicle isn't 21,000 miles on the gasoline engine ... Sure it is, or at least as much as any engine with auto stop/start. The engine in the Prius is running
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 08 camry 2.0 il4 ps fluid type? by ThirdeYe @ 43 minutes 2 seconds ago

I have an 08 Toyota (Scion) with the 2.4 and it calls for Dexron ATF. I ended up using Mobil 1 universal ATF in it, that claims to meet Dexron specs.
Jump to new posts Re: 20 gal/year by Kuato @ 43 minutes 44 seconds ago

Previous years when we were driving long distances to work and racking up 29k on each of two vehicles, it was about 50 quarts/year. Now with once per year changes for 3 vehicles, it's 17 quarts a year.
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan 3.5 VQ burning oil by 123GO @ 43 minutes 58 seconds ago

Rings wear out on these about 160-250k...By then so much powers lost and oil usage is so bad owners get rid of them.Next owners get rid of them asap.(as soon as purchased).. These arent the valve guides like Myitchybushies its the rings....Todays Ni
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage Oil Recommendations by Bgallagher @ 44 minutes 58 seconds ago

I have really liked Pennzoil HM in my Equinox. Engine runs nicer than it has with M1HM and Maxlife. Maxlife works great in my Malibu. Long story short is try some and see what works best for your car and stick with it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Incompetence by zzyzzx @ 46 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: howie2092I bet the first 3 plumbers were just not interested in a quick simple $200 job. They wanted to bust up the slab and backhoe the lawn because that is a big juicy $20k job. My experience with HVAC contractors has been a
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Hemi Factory Fill by bubbatime @ 46 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Oil filter will do its job, no problem with running the factory fill a normal interval. This times 100. The oil filter will do its job and remove any particles from the oil. My rule of thumb is 5k miles on conventiona
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Shocks for older 4WD...Pro Comp vs. Rancho by Olas @ 47 minutes 58 seconds ago

If you want an affordable off the shelf solution, Bilstien are always a good bet. If you want the very best available, Leda will make and valve whatever you want, to whatever numbers you want to spec.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: ATF in power steering system question by Whitewolf @ 49 minutes 23 seconds ago

It's best to use whatever is recommended. Power steering systems may contain materials that could be a problem if anything other than the approved fluid is used.
Jump to new posts Re: 20 gal/year by spavel6 @ 50 minutes 34 seconds ago

Whenever I go to recycle oil at the local stores, I get hassled if I have more than 5gals, and if any of it smells "weird".. I'm surprised that some are actually getting benefits from recycling their used stock!
Jump to new posts Re: 40k mile OCI pics by WobblyElvis @ 52 minutes 29 seconds ago

Thanks for posting these pictures. You should have started a thread asking people what they would see in these pics before you actually posted them. I am sure most members would have predicted far more visible sludge. Looks far better than I thought
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Those with older model Taurus's by camperbob @ 52 minutes 44 seconds ago

Just had a thought, and maybe it will help someone. A large portion of Ford Taurus's prior to 2004 had extremely bad cooling systems that would turn the coolant to "chocolate milk." In a majority of the ones I have seen, this does not
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning Lifters: Rotella T6, MMO, Seafoam? by HerrStig @ 53 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GenaFishbeckHello jbotelho15! According to our service manual, your 04 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 requires a 5W-30 or 10W-30 motor oil. We do not recommend our Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil for your Jeep. Most auto manu
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 KTM 690 Enduro -Motorex Cross Power 4T 10W-60 by sunruh @ 55 minutes 41 seconds ago

for some stupid reason i thought this was a 10w40..not a 10w60 DOH! its only THREE grades low on susvis. why would they spec a 10w60 for 3200mi if it drops 3 grades? imagine if that was just 10w40? you would end up with water!!!
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Civic 91 Hatchback Si-RPM by Gito @ 56 minutes 51 seconds ago

The disconnected wire appears to have an off orange brownish color. But I did notice that a small blue wire is sort of crimped and exposed. I will wiggle around the wires to see if the blue wire is split. I was handling the distributor while it wa
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Mag1 Allfleet vs Euro formula by Quattro Pete @ 57 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Phishin Quattro Pete: What do you Audi guys do about these deposits? Has there been a remedy? Has anyone provided any evidence (images from a scope perhaps) showing deposits were removed using Product X? Just curious. Fast
Jump to new posts Re: 40k mile OCI pics by HerrStig @ 58 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cptbarkeyOriginally Posted By: pitzel But let this be a lesson that there's nothing wrong with 40k mile oil changes in engines for which it is appropriate. utter hogwash. It's the stingy man.....who pays the most.
Page 2 of 273 < 1 2 3 4 ... 272 273 >