Recent Topics
Honda Pilot gas mileage
by G-MAN
Yesterday at 09:21 PM
Anyone else fed up with today's country music?
by 04SE
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Best Oil Filter For A 2001 Toyota Avalon V6
by crazyoildude
Yesterday at 08:33 PM
Had Trav service my injectors.
by ls1mike
Yesterday at 08:14 PM
Video review/test - Noco Genius Boost
by 901Memphis
Yesterday at 07:24 PM
Interference diesel engine
by MDettling
Yesterday at 07:06 PM
Corolla 1/2 quart too much ATF?
by Corollaman
Yesterday at 06:42 PM
yr car has a security system. u lose all the keys,
by edwardh1
Yesterday at 06:15 PM
Attepted to steal van
by Scott_mi
Yesterday at 04:36 PM
is there an advantage to exercise spare tires?
by friendly_jacek
Yesterday at 04:06 PM
Type b grease for Sawzall
by Dan55
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
Charged By Dogs on Bicycle (Different Dogs)
by john_pifer
Yesterday at 03:50 PM
Newest Members
rvs, tortillasoup, Natedawg, exaltedfox, universalpapers5
51639 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (bobfather99, Bookmaker, Char Baby, coach477, 3 invisible), 632 Guests and 173 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51639 Members
64 Forums
220948 Topics
3491864 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tirerack picks Michelin Premier A/S as the best by Quattro Pete @ 10/15/14 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By: badtlcOriginally Posted By: Quattro Pete[ Yup. And they have yet to test them in the snow. that would be incorrect: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=182 Oh, OK. This page from June 6, 2014 claim
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Help me Improve gas mileage in my escape by badtlc @ 10/15/14 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Clevy I used to drive that way until I got a vehicle with a digital fuel consumption readout. I found that average mpg increases when achieving speed rapidly then letting off and cruising then slowly achieving cruising speed.
Tires & Wheels
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete[ Yup. And they have yet to test them in the snow. that would be incorrect: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=182
Jump to new posts Re: Car Rental by Quattro Pete @ 10/15/14 07:54 AM

Quote:My question: do they get much cheaper if you rent for a week plus? I'll be renting a car from Hertz next week in NC. Weekly rate is $141. With all taxes and fees included, it'll be $198. However, that's a discounted rate that my employer al
Air Filters
All - here is what I am doing: The air filter has not been replaced (or even examined) for about 25K miles. Normally, I replace at 30K, and historically, even at 30K intervals, the filters haven't been that dirty. But I have ordered a WIX replacem
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Virgin Fram PH8A Cut open for Testing. by sayjac @ 10/15/14 07:52 AM

Quote:Remember even the cheapest Fram uses a blend of synthetic glass fibers mixed with cellulose while your cheapest entry level filters are cellulose only. That's why they can hit 95% efficiency at 20 microns and still meet oem or better holding
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Camry, Amsoil Signature 0W-20, 10.1K miles by btanchors @ 10/15/14 07:50 AM

FYI - I have not yet opened the air filter compartment to examine it yet, but it has been about 25K miles since the air filter was replaced. For that reason, plus the fact that Silicon is so high, I have ordered a WIX replacement filter, along with
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Originally Posted By: 901MemphisI had sent Noco a few emails and through a few exchanges they are going to send me one of the Genius Boosts to do a review on! That's awesome!
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple HPS 5w20 reviews on Amazon by badtlc @ 10/15/14 07:47 AM

HPS is the good stuff RP makes. Synerlec is fantastic. Even Joe Gibbs did testing with it and got good results and it did produce more HP than a couple of big name oils.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
zpinch - I switched from Mobil 1 EP/AFE to Amsoil signature oils almost 2 years ago. The signature series has a virgin TAN of 4.6. The Mobil 1 EP and AFE had starting TAN of around 2.8. This fact, plus the fact that I am running my oil longer tha
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Well well well - secrets of Iraq revealed by andyd @ 10/15/14 07:46 AM

If they are banned by treaty,they could be considered WMD. Dubyah knew Saddam had WMD, because the US helped develop and supply them?
Jump to new posts Re: 13k mile oil change by badtlc @ 10/15/14 07:45 AM

Personally, I'd just dump Rislone Engine Treatment Concentrate in there for the full OCI and call it good.
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: SAE 40 options by Bluestream @ 10/15/14 07:44 AM

Oops sorry, lower unit oil...ignore above post
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Screwdriver bits by Smcatub @ 10/15/14 07:43 AM

I like [censored] bits. I'd rather mangle a bit than a screw in most cases. I did recently buy a bunch of DeWalt #2 phillips bits that have held up well; much better than the el-Cheapo bits I usually use.
Originally Posted By: Vikaswhich one specific do you have in the shop? Is it cheaper than this Noco? Ours is branded "All Start" and we gave something like 145.00 for it on special from the local parts store. It can be had cheaper on
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Screwdriver bits by SVTCobra @ 10/15/14 07:37 AM

Ditch the Phillips head and get the square drive screws. Made the switch recently and don't plan to go back. With the square drive it makes it a lot easier to use one hand for holding something as the screwhead stays in the bit a lot better in all
Jump to new posts Re: 13k mile oil change by gregk24 @ 10/15/14 07:33 AM

Maxlife Blend 5w30 with a Fram Tough Guard.
Originally Posted By: VikasAre you guys waiting for hours until the last drop to drip out? A typical oil change is done under 15 minutes or less. I do not see how the engine is going to become "dry" in such a short time. On the BMWs, the
Jump to new posts Re: '07 Honda Fit Sport No Start - Fuel Issue? by The_Eric @ 10/15/14 07:31 AM

I suppose it could. Don't throw parts at it, as it should be easy enough to test. You'll need a separate small load to test the relay output though, as the open or damaged wire may not show up until it sees a load.
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Issue by The_Eric @ 10/15/14 07:28 AM

Most common causes- aftermarket cruise units (junk) and (if equipped) vacuum servo.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Costco Members Michelin savings by Corvette Owner @ 10/15/14 07:24 AM

I got it also.
Originally Posted By: rjundiFor a decent job it runs about $450/bumper locally. That means removed, resurfaced/patched, painted with correct paint and reinstalled. Not sure how long you are keeping this car but you may be able to get away with less
Jump to new posts Car Rental by supton @ 10/15/14 07:24 AM

Have something of a business trip tomorrow, and no longer trust my Jetta. My truck would burn 30 gallons of gas for this trip (600miles I estimate); wife needs her Camry and while I will drive farther I don't think she wants to drive the truck (she
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Beater Elantra interior got some TLC... by spasm3 @ 10/15/14 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: 97tbirdLid exterior - that's why it loos like arse. I have heard of people doing an entire car in plasti dip. I can't imagine it lasting.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Millennials and Driving by Miller88 @ 10/15/14 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By: suptonNothing wrong with that. Would be odd if you were making payments, but, if moving&walking actually saved money as compared to now, then why not? A vehicle *can* be an investment that *ought* to last decades (road sal
Page 155 of 244 < 1 2 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 243 244 >