Today at 04:46 PM
Garage Door Openers
by KD0AXS
Today at 04:09 PM
Newest Members
mike4230, TurboFX, edogg, Auzoo, gold01ca
52246 Registered Users
Who's Online
103 registered (01rangerxl, 147_Grain, 74DartSport, AandPDan, asand1, 65convertible, 7 invisible), 1297 Guests and 190 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52246 Members
66 Forums
223713 Topics
3547542 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Film Strength by GMorg @ 12/16/14 08:33 PM

Thanks for the link, Skid. Those were the days when BITOG particpants sought discussion over competition. From that thread, it seems that each type of measurement protocol would be confounded by additives for boundary lubrication. However, the p
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: FL-400s with torn media by aa1986 @ 12/16/14 08:31 PM

I'm done with Purolator, and not limited to their oil filters. If they intentionally do not respond to valid concerns having been given multiple opportunities to do so, then I have to think they have something to hide or don't care about their custom
Jump to new posts Re: Is Royal purple worth the extra $$? by 147_Grain @ 12/16/14 08:26 PM

You win the Royal Purple Customer of the Year Award.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: FL-400s with torn media by MetalSlug @ 12/16/14 08:26 PM

I been gone for a while, recently back yesterday, with all these torn media, best to stop using motorcraft for now ? just to be safe ?
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Pennzoil Blend from Walmart would probably work. Should he use the 10w30 weight Merk? Just joking of course If I were you I would use a quality Dexos 1 synthetic. Mobil 1 5w30 would be an excellent choice. Very easi
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Trend Car of the Year(2015) by twouvakind @ 12/16/14 08:25 PM

My Fire Red GTI(99)was hecho en México, 11 million cars manufactured there-I think they got this(new assembly line) I really likes the Titan black cloth in the Golf I test drove, the S with sunroof comes with leatherette(not a big fan of anything le
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Trend Car of the Year(2015) by Kiwi_ME @ 12/16/14 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell ... the Polo is the size and price match that would get more entry level buyers into their vehicles. The Polo GTI is what the MKII Golf GTI was. The new Golf is a pretty big car. They currently built the Polo in B
I took a look at the manual and this what I learned: Originally Posted By: Lugnut4506Hi Lugnut 4506 here. I am new to these forums. I just bought a Ford Escape S with 2.5 with FWD. I love it to pieces. I mostly drive all highway. But I do put a lot
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Trend Car of the Year(2015) by Quattro Pete @ 12/16/14 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: antiqueshellThey currently build the Polo in Brazil, so I see no reason why they can't bring it here at a competitive price A base Polo starts at around $18K in Brazil, so it probably won't be any cheaper after it gets importe
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Too Many Tire Sizes? by Planb @ 12/16/14 08:17 PM

275/35/15 is an auto-x tire.
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Chevy Impala: GM Oil, or Dino Substitute? by Merkava_4 @ 12/16/14 08:15 PM

Pennzoil Blend from Walmart would probably work.
Jump to new posts Re: Is Royal purple worth the extra $$? by Dallas69 @ 12/16/14 08:14 PM

Give me a medal I think I finally killed this thread !!
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts EGR valve/Intake Manifold Price by outoforder @ 12/16/14 08:14 PM

I just bought a new to me 2003 Jetta TDI. I am going to purchase a used egr valve and intake manifold to replace the dirty ones already on the car (will clean up the dirty parts and resell). Right now I see a manifold on eBay for $80 and an EGR val
Jump to new posts Re: WM to no longer carry Pennzoil HM by aquariuscsm @ 12/16/14 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladOriginally Posted By: KCJeep why would you not advertise that on the bottle? x2 x3,plus it says on their site it's a conventional. I copied and pasted this from their site: Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® is a Pen
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend a wax for me by gregk24 @ 12/16/14 08:11 PM

IMO Meguiars is the gold standard of OTC auto detail products. Having said that I am in love with Turtle Wax Ice Liquid. Super easy going on, and easy going off. I love how slick and smooth and shiny the finish is with it as well. But it wont last th
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Too Many Tire Sizes? by Vern_in_IL @ 12/16/14 08:10 PM

I took a set of bias ply tires into a tire shop two years ago. The rims were good, but the tires were shot. Surprised they were still able to convert the size over to metric.
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO 0W-20 - FAQ by aa1986 @ 12/16/14 08:10 PM

I agree with you. The proof is in the pudding. Having said that, in threads on Euro oils (that again I think you've been in), the Blackstone VOAs were at odds with Castrol's PDS and they retested. Elsewhere, Blackstone have taken plenty of flack for
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Techron right before oil change by NMBurb02 @ 12/16/14 08:09 PM

I believe the only OCI-related restrictions Chevron places on Techron Concentrate usage is to not use it more than three times in the course of an OCI. I remember reading that on official Chevron literature but do not have a link to it at this time.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brake parts cleaner on plastic??? by Volv04Life @ 12/16/14 08:09 PM

Now I know what not to do next time...
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: How to wax the car without wash it ? by MetalSlug @ 12/16/14 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: The CriticWaterless wash - such as Meguiars D115 or HD Touch do they sell this product locally ?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hot water heater install cost? by Dallas69 @ 12/16/14 08:08 PM

My gas water heater went out last spring I have American Home Shield insurance so I called them and they sent out a plumber The unit was covered but bringing it up to code-running a drain out the wall to the outside,replacing a gas line,blah blah bla
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Trend Car of the Year(2015) by antiqueshell @ 12/16/14 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: sparky123I like my 2.5L Golf 2-dr. Doesn't seem to have issues associated w/ the turbo models.Haven't seen the new model up close and personal but if it's like my MK6 version, lot of car for the $. VW needs to bring in the Polo
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Contemplating buying 2008 Jetta -- Opinions? by gregk24 @ 12/16/14 08:07 PM

VW reliability..or UN-reliability is being overblown in this thread. The 2.5 is a reliable motor, and has a timing chain which is nice. AFAIK the manuals are problem free. It may not be as reliable as a Toyota or Honda but with those low miles its wo
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: How to wax the car without wash it ? by MetalSlug @ 12/16/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackWith a car this old you'd want to make sure to wash it with lots of soap and water to make sure you get it clean before waxing it. Use one of those soap solutions made especially for cars with fuzzy rags and a soft bri
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hot water heater install cost? by abycat @ 12/16/14 08:06 PM

We put 33.3 gallon ones in the townhomes. They are either electric or gas. depending on which townhouse. They are about 400$. Just a couple lines to it and that's about it. About an hour to remove the old one and install the new one. I would charge
Page 155 of 286 < 1 2 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 285 286 >