by SuperDave456
08/30/16 02:33 AM
Driving style doesn't change mpg?
by Nick1994
08/30/16 12:30 AM
Autozone 20% off + free shipping
by jmaster
08/30/16 12:20 AM
Beginners guide to external ATF filters?
by buck91
08/29/16 11:27 PM
Good ADBV filter?
by asand1
08/29/16 11:18 PM
my brigs hates synthetic
by meborder
08/29/16 10:39 PM
Butcher factory cooler lines?
by buck91
08/29/16 09:47 PM
Grease for marine davit crane
by davebe
08/29/16 09:10 PM
2016 Traverse, which oil would you use?
by chevman4life
08/29/16 09:08 PM
Newest Members
davebe, Logos, alphanumeric, koidragon1980, iliveonnitro
58961 Registered Users
Who's Online
54 registered (AirgunSavant, BobaLouie, alphanumeric, Bottom_Feeder, 1foxracing, 5 invisible), 808 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58961 Members
66 Forums
253759 Topics
4166023 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: ACDelco X66P by OldEuroCarLover @ 08/26/16 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Ohle_ManezziniI liked more the Subaru version. I felt that it Kept the foam longer on the wetted parts. Originally Posted By: VincsantI have used Delco X66 since the early 1980's there is nothing better to clean the combustion
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Causes of steering wheel shudder by BigD1 @ 08/26/16 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: mehullicaRotors don't warp. They never get hot enough to warp from braking. They either develop thickness variation from uneven pad deposits, lateral run out from rust, bad machining, uneven torquing, etc. I had a 1998 Malibu
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Congrats on your purchase of one of the nicest looking SUV on the market. Our Hyundai owners manual only calls for a 5W-30 SM/GF-4 with a vague mention of A5. The dealership only used Quaker State Conventional through our maintenance plan. I've bee
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: ACDelco X66P by OldEuroCarLover @ 08/26/16 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSDI would use Berryman B-12 Chemtool to perform a piston soak. It will dissolve all of the carbon. I didn't think about that before. A quick google search and now I'm starting to lean in that direction: http://www.scream
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new Focus ST... by Branson304 @ 08/26/16 10:13 AM

I would leave the factory fill in for 5K-8K kilometers then you can switch straight to a synthetic oil. My personal recommendation would be Pennzoil Platinum in the recommended 5W-30 but you couldn't go wrong with any mainstream oil. Valvoline SynPo
Jump to new posts Re: Effect on oil winter & summer by BrocLuno @ 08/26/16 10:13 AM

I dunno if we have any papers discussing proven increase in wear in winter? There is some supposition to that effect ... But the oil film is much thicker in cold weather and therefor less easily broken down, so I don't see the case for increased
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rear shocks for Traverse by meep @ 08/26/16 10:13 AM

IF you can get them, the monroe reflex is a good shock for a family hauler. I used them on a minivan and grand cherokee. monroe only makes them for truck-type vehicles so they aren't there for all models. If I couldn't source reflexes, I'd next consi
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking For A New Car-CUV by Danh @ 08/26/16 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: dareoAnother reason to get a CR-V over HR-V is the excellent Accord 2.4 engine and CVT transmission combo that has been proven since late 2012 when 9th gens hit the market. The HR-V drivetrain may be just as durable but is not
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Australia to lose its ute? by Jetronic @ 08/26/16 10:07 AM

We call those L200/Shogun and Rams etc Pick-ups. Open bed or with a removable cover, otherwise it's a van, bus or SUV. I like the mighty boy!
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Helix Ultra 0w-40, 10782km in Saab B202L by CharlieBauer @ 08/26/16 10:06 AM

Very interesting. The BN in all three cases seems very very high.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella line upgraded by kschachn @ 08/26/16 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: JonfromCBPerhaps you are not familiar with "oil history" and the lawsuit between Mobil and Castrol...you can google it and read it for yourself...please don't take my word for it...I'm a confused random guy from Iowa..
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new Focus ST... by FordCapriDriver @ 08/26/16 10:05 AM

I would use the motorcraft oil for the first few oil changes and then switch to a full synthetic 5w30 or 0w40 metting API SN and ACEA A3/B4, Castrol Edge, M1 , Pennzoil Ultra, if Ford says that a 5w-30 is fine i'd trust them, if you have LFS ( Lead F
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Towing a heavy trailer by meep @ 08/26/16 10:05 AM

boats also don't generally have the air drag that full trailers do. It's hard to tell the comfort threshold or exactly what the OP senses is happening. Rattly-loose hitches are unsettling to me, poor shocks in the rear are unsettling, or it could be
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Camaro 2.0T review by subaruwrxfan by wemay @ 08/26/16 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: dareoLS V8 engines have no rival when it comes to any enthusiast/aftermarket stuff. When you look at all the options there are to do with the LS V8 platform you just cannot accept anything less, if you are an actual enthusiast.
Jump to new posts Re: Tundra steering wheel by meep @ 08/26/16 10:01 AM

I've stitched a 2-3 and have always been happy with them, but you get better with practice. That needle is skinny and you have to put some muscle in, and I ended up using small pliers to work it. took 30-60 minutes and wasn't a bad hour to spend. OEM
Originally Posted By: rgmbedzi3Can u send me the photos Yes, like Bill is going to fall for that
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Baldwin filters defects words only by goodtimes @ 08/26/16 09:59 AM

I bought some Baldwin and Hastings from Zoro. Trying to use USA made is the goal. Very nice, I was happy at first. Looking inside the BT223 I see the center tube in one area not extending all the way down to the base. The sharp cut metal end was expo
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Maybe the grease was getting dry and the kroil "re-wetted" it. I've done this before on light applications with Triflow and it has worked very well!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: A/C condensation in desert climates by meep @ 08/26/16 09:59 AM

here in the south, it can almost be a solid stream of water on our humid days. Certainly 30-40 drips a minute. Typical home A/C I was told this morning can dump 22 gallons per day. Recirc becomes a real deal because with this much humidity, the A/C'
General and Off Topic
By new years day 2017 E5 will be replaced by E10 here. We're already being warmed to the idea that the liter price will go up by about 2 euro cents because of that...
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella line upgraded by JonfromCB @ 08/26/16 09:57 AM

Rand, Perhaps you are not familiar with "oil history" and the lawsuit between Mobil and Castrol...you can google it and read it for yourself...please don't take my word for it...I'm a confused random guy from Iowa...lol Basically, as a re
Sure - the oils of today are so good and with water cooled turbos you don't need a synthetic even in a turbo application. Ford probably has the most DI turbo engines on the road today and they also don't spec a synthetic.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: What ATF? 2004 Toyota Sequoia 4WD by meep @ 08/26/16 09:56 AM

Considering that you tow, I would say amsoil. IIRC, that transmission has a known weakness that shows up with 4th gear (OD), provided it follows the tundra drive trains. Even with that fluid, considering you are towing a decent haul behind you, do no
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Waste Oil company scammers! by zzyzzx @ 08/26/16 09:55 AM

Or take the waste oil to the recycling center yourself.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Wendy's Chili Recipe by BigD1 @ 08/26/16 09:54 AM

I found a recipe over 10 years ago on the net that a church group made for their social events, and it was the closest to Wendy's chili that I have ever made. Can't find the recipe now. Find the recipes that add a just a tad of vinegar because thos
Page 134 of 241 < 1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 240 241 >