by spasm3
10/25/14 10:10 AM
Oil recommendation for a 2015 Mazda 6
by BrianPA
10/25/14 09:20 AM
2015 Mazda 6 oil filter
by BrianPA
10/25/14 08:31 AM
Any contractors being hired to fight ISIS yet?
by LoneRanger
10/25/14 08:10 AM
NC Trip
by Quattro Pete
10/25/14 07:57 AM
TGMO or MGMO which is more desirable?
by Koz1
10/25/14 06:57 AM
Could this be the Royals year?
by reemoe2
10/25/14 06:44 AM
Do not drink now, wait...
by CourierDriver
10/25/14 05:54 AM
Clean thick oil in throttle body?!
by 19jacobob93
10/25/14 12:57 AM
Auto Parts Store Selling More Oil Filters Now..
by crazyoildude
10/24/14 11:27 PM
Sun facts
by oilboy123
10/24/14 11:25 PM
Newest Members
ChevyTwo, BrianPA, JeepCommander, hevslark, Hox
51688 Registered Users
Who's Online
75 registered (123Saab, 95busa, 2010_FX4, 13Tacoma, 01rangerxl, 8 invisible), 1838 Guests and 201 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51688 Members
64 Forums
221182 Topics
3497087 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Best Car wash / wax combo by Rolla07 @ 10/21/14 11:43 PM

You will want to ask The Critic. He would be best to answer that.
Automotive General Topics
Interesting development. The sealing between the upper and lower blocks looks like a bit of a nightmare, but I assume the overall advantages were worth it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Another exoneration from prison by andrewg @ 10/21/14 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: TrajanOriginally Posted By: andrewgOriginally Posted By: JarlaxleOffhand...prosecutorial misconduct should be punished HORRIBLY. Say, crucifixion, or maybe just a year in general population. Then who determines that? And how d
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Need oil for car with oil control ring issues by Oro_O @ 10/21/14 11:34 PM

I got great advice a month or so ago asking about a syn oil for our high mileage ES300, so now I'm back re: a slightly more problematic SUV vehicle in our stable. The Patient: I have a 1998 Acura SLX (rebadged Isuzu Trooper), 159k miles, excellent c
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts AMSOIL Oil Filter Demonstrator by CELICA_XX @ 10/21/14 11:31 PM

AMSOIL Oil Filter Demonstrator I just found this on eBay tonight... http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMSOIL-Oil-Filte...171&vxp=mtr
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix racing air filters by oldhp @ 10/21/14 11:27 PM

WIX uses a different rating for CFM in their air filters. I don't know what it is or why? Here is a old Hot Rod Magazine air filter test. Good reading for us gearheads, and note they are using 14"x 3" size. The CFM readings were measured ai
Jump to new posts Re: Mazda Miata ridiculous oil change interval by gathermewool @ 10/21/14 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: benjygenerally 6 month on mineral oils, 4 month on severe service. DO NOT store typical dino oils very long + store where temps are pretty constant if you do. use a mid priced semi-synthetic bought at wally world + you wont be l
Jump to new posts Re: Mazda Miata ridiculous oil change interval by Merkava_4 @ 10/21/14 11:25 PM

If they want it changed every 3 months, I'd change it every 3 months. Think of how clean your engine will stay. That's a lot better than BMW telling their customers 10,000 miles or 10 years; whichever comes first.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: bad turbo pics by ecotourist @ 10/21/14 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Astro14That vintage Volvo, which is what, a B21FT, or a B23FT Red Block engine, could have come with an oil cooled or a water cooled bearing housing. If you've fried it, be certain that the replacement turbo has a water cooled b
Jump to new posts Re: Why I'm paranoid of buying oil at walmart... by Nyogtha @ 10/21/14 11:21 PM

Untrue. Refer to photographs posted at the beginning of this thread. Neck seals have been around a while on motor oil bottles, milk bottles, etc. for a number of years now. They are not tamper-proof, I believe the term for all such seals including m
Jump to new posts Re: Low Beams too dim by Rolla07 @ 10/21/14 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: linksepOriginally Posted By: eljefinoYou have halogen bulbs which should be as bright as they were new, until they conk out. Not true at all! Halogen encourages the tungsten vapor to re-condense onto the tungsten filament in
Jump to new posts Re: Why I'm paranoid of buying oil at walmart... by Merkava_4 @ 10/21/14 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: NyogthaNo such thing on SOPUs motor oils. So that means in order to check to see if it's been opened, you gotta open it.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Windows Phone and .NET by MNgopher @ 10/21/14 11:10 PM

Windows phone user going on 3+ years now. (Started with a Nokia Lumia 900, currently using a Nokia Lumia 925) No issues with the OS itself. Certainly no issues like you are imagining anyways...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: being a dealer tech by Cammed05 @ 10/21/14 11:09 PM

How do the Saturdays work? Do you have room to grow? Will they send you to brand specific technical training? Those are a few questions to think about and ask the SM. Talk to the shop foreman a little bit to see if he's friendly or not. Some places
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: being a dealer tech by antiqueshell @ 10/21/14 11:09 PM

I'm surprised that any Ford store would have willingly given up their franchise. ram man what happened that caused your current store to lose their Ford franchise?
Jump to new posts Re: Low Beams too dim by linksep @ 10/21/14 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: eljefinoYou have halogen bulbs which should be as bright as they were new, until they conk out. Not true at all! Halogen encourages the tungsten vapor to re-condense onto the tungsten filament instead of condensing on and co
Yes, there is a light that says "Emissions". It is not lit. In my Mini it is, perpetually.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: being a dealer tech by splinter @ 10/21/14 11:00 PM

Skilled, competent, trustworthy and ambitious technicians will always be in demand and able to earn a decent living based on those remunerable traits. I suspect long term career growth is in well run and profitable independent shops with an eye towa
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Toyota Corolla Brake Issue by 01_celica_gt @ 10/21/14 10:58 PM

I ordered from walmart.com(cheaper then rockauto.com) 1. Bendix Brake Pad Ceramic Technology 3 2. ACDelco Professional Durastop Brake Rotors (listed as heavy duty on rockauto.com) are Bendix brake pads suppose to be any good?
General and Off Topic
To each his own. If you enjoy it great. At least the band is real. The psychology of cheering inanimate / holographic images, is interesting to me.
Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: MetalSlugOriginally Posted By: oldhpYep, old school, hence "oldhp". Back in the "day" it was FRAM and Pennzoil 10W40. You couldn't go wrong with that combo......back then. I though it was Valvoline Not
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: My nearly perfect 2003 BMW 330Ci by tom slick @ 10/21/14 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SLO_TownOriginally Posted By: tom slickDo you only drive it in a loop around town? Higuera to Tank Farm to Broad? Just kidding. Super clean car for sure. Hey, Local! The car often sees Hwy 58 from Santa Margarita to McKittric
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: TravYou are 100% correct! It is hard to accept that people today are the dumbest in the history of human kind in so many ways. No wonder they worked up of some theatrical event, Its hard to understan
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lone wolf strike in Canada? by Rolla07 @ 10/21/14 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLWell, at least he won't be tying up money and time in our court system Very unfortunate for the two soldiers, targeted by this moron and his lunatic fanatical religious beliefs. Yep
Jump to new posts Re: Mazda Miata ridiculous oil change interval by splinter @ 10/21/14 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: BaveuxDo you think that Mazda can seriously think that they can deny warranty coverage if I decide to ignore.. Yes. Seriously.
Page 134 of 253 < 1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 252 253 >