by bspag
Today at 04:42 PM
E-brake tightening on Cobalt Chevrolet
by mjoekingz28
Today at 04:32 PM
Mobil 1 EP rollbacks at local Walmart
by HTSS_TR
Today at 04:29 PM
GM worker Saves a life on company property.
by Charlie1935
Today at 03:43 PM
Idle wear
by DrRoughneck
Today at 03:27 PM
Download a WHOLE site? AllData, Toyota TIS etc
by SumpChump
Today at 03:07 PM
Mixing washer fluid with windex?
by 55Test
Today at 02:48 PM
Car won't start, no gas movement observed, pump?
by Hal9000
Today at 02:39 PM
Newest Members
Miningman, pocketdrummer, bspag, Lana, phem0r
56883 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (barkingspider, akela, 901Memphis, Astro14, adamrc, Abakev, 12 invisible), 1549 Guests and 208 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56883 Members
66 Forums
244520 Topics
3982165 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Honda Accord FF UOA 8350 miles by lubricatosaurus @ 02/07/16 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: dieselworldI sent a sample off to Blackstone as well but have yet to get it back. We will see if they are close when I get the results. Cool! Thanks, that'll be a good case study of lab accuracy. Very unusual PPM results on
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO came out reddish by Trav @ 02/07/16 12:08 PM

Its cleaning varnish deposits. No VM on newer transmissions, even if there were one it would get sucked into the intake and burned while running not the engine oil sump.
Jump to new posts Re: QS Defy is now QS"high mileage" by Shrubitup @ 02/07/16 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: simple_giftsI always thought it was an odd choice for a brand name from a 'word perspective'; it connotes a lot of stuff that really has nothing to do with motor oil. +1
Jump to new posts Re: Edge Ep & purolator Boss filter by lubricatosaurus @ 02/07/16 12:06 PM

hjones, As long as 90% of all trips are over 7 miles, then fewer acids are formed, so less chance for sludge, and longer lasting oil. Walmart has it for $27 for 5 quart jug, or walmart.com will ship it to you. Good choice on oil, but M1 EP at wal
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru 2011 Outback by Shrubitup @ 02/07/16 12:06 PM

Wow, a five year old car still using a timing belt?
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru 2011 Outback by simple_gifts @ 02/07/16 12:06 PM

Someone else might comment on this, but I seem to remember cam seals are also something to look @. My friends WRX needed them @ 100K and probably should be reviewed. Once again, I'm not sure if it is relevant to this engine
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic transmission longevity: fluids & OCI by turtlevette @ 02/07/16 12:05 PM

I wonder how many people have paid for full rebuilds when a fluid change might have cleared things up.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Run Oversized Fram Ultra 25k & Multiple OCIs by kschachn @ 02/07/16 12:05 PM

The oversized filter won't harm anything but it's not going to help anything either. I guess I'm not understanding what the point is in leaving the filter on for 4 OCIs, in your case that would be four years. I don't know any filter manufacturer that
European and Import Motor Oils
Originally Posted By: dailydriverWe here in the states don't get the Motul Sport line until late March or April, according to Motul USA. What's not clear to me is where the Sport line fits into their product lineup. Is it above the 8100-series bu
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Make own external backup? by dparm @ 02/07/16 12:03 PM

Not sure what Western Digital and others do, but my old LaCie one was basically just an off-the-shelf Seagate hard drive with a pretty case on it. When the PSU for it went bad, I just opened it up, pulled out the drive, and stuck it inside my PC.
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: VikasMay be I did not make point clear but it seems very insecure to use only iPhone fingerprint as authentication scheme. If the phone is with you and you get robbed, the robber now has your phone and your fingerprint to do th
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Run Oversized Fram Ultra 25k & Multiple OCIs by 01_celica_gt @ 02/07/16 12:02 PM

I do this all the time, and after seeing those under the valve cover pics, I wouldn't even hesitate.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Whole house water filtration types of set ups by simple_gifts @ 02/07/16 12:00 PM

I have a particulate filter even tho I have city water. There were cast iron pipes from years ago and it caught plenty of rust. The house is the last on a dead end street and wasn't used for 2 1/2 years; i think the lack of use contributed to it bu
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru 2011 Outback by Padawan @ 02/07/16 11:59 AM

For the timing belt on our 9-2x (rebadged WRX), I opted for the Gates TCK328 kit which included the belt, all of the necessary pulleys, and the tensioner. It had excellent instructions and also included Loctite as well as a spacer to ensure correct
Jump to new posts Re: QS Defy is now QS"high mileage" by simple_gifts @ 02/07/16 11:57 AM

I always thought it was an odd choice for a brand name from a 'word perspective'; it connotes a lot of stuff that really has nothing to do with motor oil.
Originally Posted By: Sam_JulierOriginally Posted By: Sam_JulierRedline 75W-90 in the rear diff of the 93 Volvo. Removed the Redline 75W-90. The new pinion seal started leaking within 4,000 miles. Replaced pinion seal, dust cover, nut etc. and added
Originally Posted By: meborderOriginally Posted By: Leo99I read a post on here a week ago that said the ATF failed but the tranny was fine. Have no idea what was meant by the fluid failed. I'll give an quick example. The factory fill of mercon
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Run Oversized Fram Ultra 25k & Multiple OCIs by WillsYoda @ 02/07/16 11:57 AM

My 98 1mzfe has 205k on it, and does not leak any oil. I've changed all fluids regularly for the last 10 years (Maxlife ATF, Maxlife oil, bleeding brakes, new toyota red, etc.). I change the PVC valve regularly, and it is always clean. I changed t
Jump to new posts Re: Which 0w-20 would you pick? (Based on specs) by Nate1979 @ 02/07/16 11:54 AM

What a waste of time. You actually think you can pick the best oil using the specs you list?
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Rislone Zinc Additive by BrocLuno @ 02/07/16 11:54 AM

Sounds like regular Rislone engine conditioner. Good stuff, but not the special ZDDP Additive product ...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Whole house water filtration types of set ups by oilboy123 @ 02/07/16 11:54 AM

I got a house a little ways out in the sticks. I have a well, and the water is just on the lowest side of hard. The magnesium is up there some and leaves stains on the toilets. I wanted to know what type of systems others have on their houses.
Jump to new posts Re: QS Defy is now QS"high mileage" by Reddy45 @ 02/07/16 11:54 AM

The constant name changes aren't helping.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl picks by turtlevette @ 02/07/16 11:53 AM

Patriots by 14.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Septic tank question... by jorton @ 02/07/16 11:52 AM

I'm going to spare the board of more pics of [censored]. My scum layer is 3" and the sludge is 3" to 4" deep. The scum layer is primarily excrement in it's natural composition. We don't use a garbage disposal and we don't drain cook
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Rislone Zinc Additive by hjones @ 02/07/16 11:52 AM

Thanx
Page 134 of 287 < 1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 286 287 >