by Doktor_Bert
Today at 12:36 PM
Naked Eye Sunspot Visible
by sleddriver
Today at 12:27 PM
Solar eclipse today
by Toy4x4
Today at 11:58 AM
What mid 2000's crossover suv should I buy?
by 55Test
Today at 10:37 AM
Standardizing on 5W-30?
by Tony_Mack
Today at 10:36 AM
Does anyone make a quality battery anymore?
by jeepman3071
Today at 10:28 AM
Concrete patio pricing question.
by Vibe_2007
Today at 10:09 AM
Newest Members
69P, newbull87, vzarich, 340_Magnum, aselinger
51675 Registered Users
Who's Online
103 registered (05LGTLtd, 01rangerxl, 901Memphis, 1 FMF, 69P, 95busa, 8 invisible), 1913 Guests and 167 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51675 Members
64 Forums
221107 Topics
3495369 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: groovy brakes by magnus308 @ 10/20/14 09:42 AM

You probably dont brake hard often enough to keep the rotors clean from rust, When you have got too much rust on the rotors it will start to increase the wear on your pads.
Jump to new posts Re: Video review/test - Noco Genius Boost by Vikas @ 10/20/14 09:42 AM

Your engine is already at 600 rpm even before starting the car! (well, at least the tachometer is showing 600 rpm before you even crank the engine)
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone using 0w20 in GM 3.1/3.8 5w30 apps? by Boss302fan @ 10/20/14 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisMaybe I'll try Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w20 first before I move to the high vi 0w20s. Mobil 1 HM oils are really good oils. If you want to try a 20 weight, go for it. I still believe a 5W30 in your climate is the best
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Oil Extractor -Hand Pump - Anyone use?? by Ope_Freak @ 10/20/14 09:39 AM

Anyone have good experiences with a handpump oil extractors? I'm looking to purchase one mostly for small engine equipment, mowers, snowblowers, etc. This seems to be a pretty decent one: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_390306_39030
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: H9 Long Life Bulb ? by DBMaster @ 10/20/14 09:39 AM

Aside from that, only the most expensive, heat sink equipped, LED bulbs produce the lumens of a halogen headlamp bulb. I have been interested in this topic for a while, but haven't yet found an acceptable way to convert a actual headlight from halog
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Dealer service rant by Vikas @ 10/20/14 09:35 AM

Given how it finally turned out, there is no question in my mind that no mechanic would have gone through and did the diagnosis that you did yourself. Frankly, once you know that you have better diagnostic ability than 99% of the mechanics, there wo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: vegas gratuity question by larryinnewyork @ 10/20/14 09:34 AM

http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/tip.asp False. I stand corrected.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: I couldn't beleave it till I tried it by DBMaster @ 10/20/14 09:32 AM

I read a long time ago - may have been in Consumer Reports - that Deet is similarly effective if sprayed on clothes rather than skin. When camping, I always spray some around the door opening and bottom edge of my tent, on the bottom of my pant legs
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Absolute Efficiency Air Filters? by brandini @ 10/20/14 09:31 AM

Sad they're discontinued except in universal applications
Jump to new posts Re: AGM Battery in Engine Compartment? by Rand @ 10/20/14 09:30 AM

The only batteries I've had that grew fuzz were exide. I avoid that brand like the plague.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Blizzak WS70 - Below Tube Multicell Compound by krzyss @ 10/20/14 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: FalkenSlamming on the brakes on a hot Summer day with Winter tires on could prevent you from stopping. Your ABS would go berserk and you will loose your ability to stop. Winter compound of any sort is too soft on a blazing hot
General and Off Topic
I gave up on country years ago, all it seemed to be was drinking, partying at honkeytonks and chasing women in no particular order.
Jump to new posts Re: AGM Battery in Engine Compartment? by DBMaster @ 10/20/14 09:22 AM

asand, I like your homemade terminal connections in the third photo. Were there already holes through the terminals, or did you have to drill them?
Jump to new posts brake shudder at high speed by Cardiobuck @ 10/20/14 09:20 AM

For some time now I've had an issue with a vibration or shudder in the '07 accord when traveling at highway speeds and the brakes are first applied. By the time I decelerate to 60mph or so the problem is gone. It never happens at 'around town' speeds
Oil Filters
Of course Purolator fixed the problem, haven't you heard of their new Purolator Classic Light filter? It now comes with 25% less filtration.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Monster Jam downunder by A_Harman @ 10/20/14 09:18 AM

Were there any Australian-built trucks in the Monster Jam show?
Jump to new posts groovy brakes by cutter @ 10/20/14 09:15 AM

Pulled this the other day. Had issues with somewhat spongy, weak brakes that didn't inspire much confidence on the road. Now I see why. These are the backsides of the rotors, the front side is a bit better but still grooved with rust. Caliper sli
Jump to new posts Re: Winter storage? by SVTCobra @ 10/20/14 09:14 AM

Depends on who you ask. I never have changed the oil before storing and keep my vehicles in a cold Michigan garage. One UOA performed had oil in the sump 18 months and 12k miles and all was good.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Has Audi's reliability improved? by KCJeep @ 10/20/14 09:13 AM

Having owned a couple of Audi's and having been burned by CR's trends more than once, I am skeptical. However any vehicle that is new will likely be relatively reliable early in it's life, and you get a warranty to boot. How long would she intend t
Originally Posted By: Wolf359Originally Posted By: NdxSome cars keys are ordered from factory pre cut ...pre programmed Take a picture of your key high quality - and you can have key cut from picture! Some cars keys can be made via OBD to blank...
Jump to new posts Re: Increase cost on synthetic oil!?!?! by Hyde244 @ 10/20/14 09:11 AM

Mobil is $25 standard here in Ohio. Sometimes there are sales to bring it down, but $25 seems to be a standard price for majority of synthetics.
Jump to new posts Re: Winter storage? by Hyde244 @ 10/20/14 09:10 AM

You can run it just fine.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: I couldn't beleave it till I tried it by Smcatub @ 10/20/14 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: SmokescreenI learned long ago while whittling some wood by the campfire with my trusty Swiss Army knife. Mosquitoes started coming out so I put on some DEET mosquito repellent, went back to whittling. I put the knife down for a
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone using 0w20 in GM 3.1/3.8 5w30 apps? by KCJeep @ 10/20/14 09:07 AM

Interesting experiences here. I would have to think there was a reason GM did NOT jump on the 20 grade bandwagon long after others had done so. JMO.
Jump to new posts Winter storage? by Camprunner @ 10/20/14 09:06 AM

If I change my oil in my Mustang before I put it away for the winter do I need to dump that oil when it comes out of storage or can I run it for a normal change interval when it comes out?
Page 134 of 246 < 1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 245 246 >